A notification for when you get trending

Agentt

Thighs
Really weird its not a thing, so many authors don't ever know they got to trending.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
The trending is on the front page of the site, right? Then I don't think it is relevant to implement this, well sure—you get a notification for it, but isn't it more efficient to look on the front page? And the statistics change every 24 hours anyway—so the best bet is to look every morning because it doesn't really look like you'll reach the top ten trendings any time soon. Besides, when you open the site, you get directed to the front page so yeah, it is irrelevant.

Agentt

Thighs
The trending is on the front page of the site, right? Then I don't think it is relevant to implement this, well sure—you get a notification for it, but isn't it more efficient to look on the front page? And the statistics change every 24 hours anyway—so the best bet is to look every morning because it doesn't really look like you'll reach the top ten trendings any time soon. Besides, when you open the site, you get directed to the front page so yeah, it is irrelevant.
I have never seen an author who found that he is on trending by himself, its always a surprise to them when readers congratulate them. Especially if you are just an author, and not a reader, there is no point in looking at anything except forums or dashboard.

Napelynn

I have never seen an author who found that he is on trending by himself, its always a surprise to them when readers congratulate them. Especially if you are just an author, and not a reader, there is no point in looking at anything except forums or dashboard.
But isn’t the surprise fun?

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
What :blob_joy:

What kind of author you must be not to pay attention to how your story is doing, and seeing your own big cover on the very front page you visit at least once daily is quite a huge hint you are trending. I know I'm the weird one keeping daily tabs on literally every site and platform I post on, but surely, you are posting somewhere, you certainly at least look at it. I can't imagine how authors would learn they trend only from their readers unless they just don't care what happens honestly. But if you don't care, why are you even doing it? Yes, for fun and entertainment, but does that mean you don't even pay attention to what happens around your things? It's just weird.

strayCat0

Other
I say, we don't need any notification when your story's got included in Trending. In fact, we should do the opposite. Give us notification when our story got knocked out. This will be a fine addition for your daily suffering... just joking :blobspearpeek:

Indeed it is a nice idea. While it's fun finding your story in Trending or being told by others, notification has its own nuance.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Would be nice. I go straight to the dashboard or reading list, so I seldom know who is on trending.

Why not make trending ranking visible in stats?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What :blob_joy:

What kind of author you must be not to pay attention to how your story is doing, and seeing your own big cover on the very front page you visit at least once daily is quite a huge hint you are trending. I know I'm the weird one keeping daily tabs on literally every site and platform I post on, but surely, you are posting somewhere, you certainly at least look at it. I can't imagine how authors would learn they trend only from their readers unless they just don't care what happens honestly. But if you don't care, why are you even doing it? Yes, for fun and entertainment, but does that mean you don't even pay attention to what happens around your things? It's just weird.
My go-to page when I log-in to Scribblehub's main site is just my novel's page...

Like, I don't care much for the front page because I haven't started reading any new novel in forever... So well... I just want to log-in and see how many views I got since my last chapter and stuff. I don't really care about what's on the front page, I just wanna see how well I did.

I did check some stuff, like how well my story was doing in certain rankings and what not, but uhn... On the front page? Not really.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
My go-to page when I log-in to Scribblehub's main site is just my novel's page...

Like, I don't care much for the front page because I haven't started reading any new novel in forever... So well... I just want to log-in and see how many views I got since my last chapter and stuff. I don't really care about what's on the front page, I just wanna see how well I did.

I did check some stuff, like how well my story was doing in certain rankings and what not, but uhn... On the front page? Not really.
Mine is the first novel I actually enjoyed reading in this god-forsaken land

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan doesn't have any strong opinion about this feature. Ai-chan does agree however that it's nice. Being told that you're on trending if nothing else peps you up and makes you more motivated to make the most of it for the sake of your readers or just your own self ego. So if it's not too much trouble for Tony to program, Ai-chan would say, "Why not?"