A Painting Set...

• Thread starter Deleted member 29316
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29316

Just decided to do a set of paintings to de-stress, and would like to share it 😁

"Azure"
Watercolor on Canvas
IMG_20210401_122149_copy_846x1282.jpg

"Dusk"
Watercolor on Canvas
IMG_20210401_122211_copy_1198x796.jpg

"Midnight Lily"
Watercolor on Canvas
IMG_20210401_122120_copy_1304x861.jpg

D

Deleted member 29316

:O I like the third painting alot! I-it's not that I l-like it because it's blue. Baka!

Btw how did you manage to maintain the canvas texture on the flower. Is it masking tape or something? Just curious...
Err...actually, I only used one pointed brush throughout the painting process. If in using colors, I just painted 'lightly' I guess?

In any case, the canvas texture isn't intentional. 😁

namio

Really lovely palettes! The skies are all beautiful, though I'm also partial to Midnight Lily...

I'm really surprised to see watercolor on canvas, though. Is it a personal preference? It has a pastel, visible-stroke look to it that makes me think more gouache or even oil. Is canvas greedy with the paint? I only use paper, so I'm really curious.

D

Deleted member 29316

Really lovely palettes! The skies are all beautiful, though I'm also partial to Midnight Lily...

I'm really surprised to see watercolor on canvas, though. Is it a personal preference? It has a pastel, visible-stroke look to it that makes me think more gouache or even oil. Is canvas greedy with the paint? I only use paper, so I'm really curious.
Err...the strokes are visible because I...I lost my brush set when we're renovating our house and I could only use a single pointed brush that I found. Got to use what is available, I guess?

I love working with watercolors on canvas. Not only because watercolor is relatively easy to 'correct', it's also because I grew up using it. I'm not an art student, nor used to using acrylic or oil, see? :blob_wink:

SofyCQ

Just decided to do a set of paintings to de-stress, and would like to share it 😁

"Azure"
Watercolor on Canvas
View attachment 7142

"Dusk"
Watercolor on Canvas
View attachment 7143

"Midnight Lily"
Watercolor on Canvas
View attachment 7144
Wow!!! All of the paintings look very very good. Obviously, you are talented.
I started to paint a few weeks ago as well. Bought some paints and brushes (here they are btw https://www.craftyhangouts.com/best-acrylic-paint-brushes/#product5). Started with some videos on Youtube. Going not really well, honestly. However, I enjoy doing this.