A Practical Guide to Evil

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
A Practical Guide to Evil by erraticerrata. One of the best webnovels out there, both past and present. It has finally returned today to us for volume V (which is either the last or second to last volume. I think it's the last since that would seem to fit story-wise).

It's a wonderful deconstruction of fantasy tropes in every way. The characters know the stories and narrative really does affect the world they live in. Plot armor literally exists, if you know how to play it right. The world-building is fantastic with a great deal of history and changing economic factors interwoven into the ongoing story. The characters are wonderful as well with depth and complexity. They certainly don't inspire apathy.

Dread Emperor Irritant I, The Oddly Successful, has plans that you certainly don't want to miss. So if you haven't caught up, now is the time to do so!

Zethuron

Oh right, its the 5th book now? Thanks for reminding me.

For anyone interested in a new Fantasy series, just go for this.
Its absolutely recommend to read this one, its on my highest level of favorites for a good reason.

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Oh right, its the 5th book now? Thanks for reminding me.

For anyone interested in a new Fantasy series, just go for this.
Its absolutely recommend to read this one, its on my highest level of favorites for a good reason.
hello hello, I was planning to read this novel, but was it really worth to read?

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
hello hello, I was planning to read this novel, but was it really worth to read?
Sorry for answering even though you didn't ask me. >.<. But PGE is one of the best webnovels out there. It's up there with Wandering Inn and Mother of Learning for me as the clear top 3. And very few people I've met have anything bad to say about it, unlike Wandering Inn, which does cater to certain tastes. Honestly half the complaints I think I've read about it were guys saying that they couldn't picture themselves in a female MC (which I think is a stupid argument, but oh well).

The grammar and writing style is professional, the plot is well-paced with a good deal of action and some quieter moments mixed in. The worldbuilding is quite realistic considering the systems in place.

Honestly, while Wandering Inn is my favorite, I think Practical Guide is much better as a recommendation that anyone will like and it updates three times a week with sizable chapters (unlike the slowly moving MoL).

Raneday

tђє ฬคภ๔єгเภﻮ ฬเtςђ
Honestly, while Wandering Inn is my favorite, I think Practical Guide is much better as a recommendation that anyone will like and it updates three times a week with sizable chapters (unlike the slowly moving MoL).
oh okay thanks! Since it's quite similar to The Wandering Inn, I'll prolly enjoy reading Practical Guide to Evil too

Thanks again!

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
oh okay thanks! Since it's quite similar to The Wandering Inn, I'll prolly enjoy reading Practical Guide to Evil too

Thanks again!
I don't think I would say they're similar. Similar in quality imo, yes. But PGE definitely has a faster and tighter plot, that is focused on one major character, our MC Catherine. There is certainly more of a focus on action and war then appears in the more slice of life Inn.

And the MCs are very different as well with Cat being directly influenced by her upbringing in the country of Callow in the fantasy world of Calernia unlike the transmigrated MCs of Earth in Inn. She is also much more ambitious and passionate than any of Inn's MCs as well.

Further, while Wandering Inn doesn't have the most cheery tone and can get quite dark at times, Guide certainly has a bleaker tone. There's a sense that the world is fundamentally broken and it requires much effort to have a chance at fixing. It is a bit similar to Worm in that way with it's escalation and darkness, though it isnt taken as far.

So I would definitely say there are distinct major differences between the two.

Zethuron

So new chapter out, and well, im interested in what Catherine can do with that OP army of hers.
Also she just needs to lose a eye, and she is female Odin, the ravens/crows are already there!

Arcturus

CEO of Cat Corps
Hmm, it wasn't the greatest chapter, but it was a very nice setup chapter to situate us for the next campaign. I really just have no idea what's going to happen, there's just so much chaos going on and Cat is an agent of Chaos too.