A story between two shikigamis

Kalesterine

So, I got this idea when I was spacing out.

But what if this newly-made shikigami likes this human girl. One day he sees her name in the death list, he begs the other shikigamis to save her, but they cannot because they simply reap souls.
On the day of her death, he watches and tries to save her but he's invisible to everyone. This depressed him, so he kinda isolated himself for a few days. Even when there was a new shikigami in their division, he didn't bother to socialize. But when the new shikigami shows up at his doorstep to say hi, he was surprised and ecstatic. It was his crush.

How would you continue this story?

(I want to add a prefix to this thread, but the list doesnt show up. Sorry ~)

Llamadragon

I *know* this is a misspelling of shinigami, but I'm suprisingly on board with the idea of someones afterlife as part of a squad of document gods. Dead secretaries, unite!

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I had the same concept as well but it was about a deaf girl and a terminally illed boy. He was so negative in life that he didn't care about dying but he was so moved by the girl's determined to save him gave him a bit of a courage that he wants to give a second chance to live that he applied an operation to live. In the end, the boy died and the girl visited his grave.

I think i wrote this short story to my teacher for an activity but got low marks due to not only following the objective of the activity(a cheery story) but making her cry as well.

I also showed this on novel updates forum and even made a NTR sect leader tear up.