Recommendations A Strong Female Lead

Yisa4ever

Hello! I just started writing (new author on here!) with a strong female lead (and she's still growing). Also, it is a contemporary setting so just what you're looking for.

It's a shameless plug but I hope you at least check out the first chapter to see if it catches your interest.

Thanks!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Strong female whore at your service 😇

sereminar

Ooooh! Female Leads are my jam! :D

Blacklight
"So here’s the deal: my name is Kihri Vyas, and I’m dead.
(That’s not really important, it happened ages ago, but it’s good to have the context.)
Anyway, me and my sister Zarah (the only person who can see or hear me) have basically been on our own since I kicked the bucket, surviving on the streets of Kaila and sort of just being miserable and bored and tired a lot. I mean, I haven’t, cause I’m dead, but she has. It sucks, but that’s business as usual for us.
What isn’t B-A-U is that a bunch of other homeless folks have been disappearing in the last few months, and some of them have been turning up with anatomically-improbable, but extraordinary fatal, injuries. Cops don’t give a shit, of course, and my sister’s a boneheaded bleeding heart, so we’ve been investigating them ourselves.
And, well, we’ve found a bunch of weird shit. Stuff made of solid light, ghost attack dogs, people glowing black, somehow, some kind of living robot…
Actually, you know what? It’s probably easier if you see for yourself."

My Delerium Alcazar
"Plaire Stevens moves into her new house, which is very normal and definitely not haunted."

Katalepsis
"Diagnosed with schizophrenia as a child after the loss of her twin – a sister who never really existed – now struggling with her mental health at university, Heather teeters on the verge of giving up on life. A chance meeting ends in a revelation: she is not crazy, her visions are all too real, and probably want to eat her soul.
Embroiled with a crippled, bad-tempered magician and her self-proclaimed ‘bodyguard’, Heather rapidly descends into a world of terrifying magic and otherworldly monsters, in an effort to stay sane, bring back the dead, and maybe, just maybe, make out with cool older girls."

Chaos Begets Chaos
"When July is recruited by Death herself to educate a younger Seer about the supernatural, her first lesson is very simple: immortals are dangerous and can’t be trusted. But her warnings fall on deaf ears as her student, Emma, is much too interested in magical beings to be afraid of them. Their lives and lessons are thrown totally off-course by the arrival of Nytep, a Lovecraftian god of Chaos who delights in toying with mortals.
Nytep takes an immediate interest in July and becomes a secret secondary tutor to Emma--but what starts as a game to him will grow into something much more meaningful (and dangerous) for everyone involved. After all, Chaos forces change, whether it’s wanted or not."

The Golden Age
"Welcome to THE GOLDEN AGE
The popular MMORPG that draws its players into a world of super-hero adventure. But when thousands of those players are actually drawn into the world of the game, confusion and mysteries abound. Why were they brought here? And is there any way to return to the real world?
Luckily, Robin Sinclair is Knightblade, one of the game’s top-ranked players and a founding member of its most respected players' guild. Unluckily, she was brought into this world as her alt account, a nameless level 3 noob with no powers, no gadgets, no place to stay and no influence on the new world, with her own reasons for keeping her head low and her distance from her old friends.
To get by, she teams up with three other noobs — good-natured Tisha, sardonic Will, and bright-eyed Carter (who is way too young to be playing this game) — to eek out an existence in a world ruled by comic book tropes and video game logic. But for true heroes, those with the will and drive to defend others even at the cost of their own safety, there’s no resisting the call for long…"

Bullets & Spells
"Worlds collide when a young woman is saved by a witch after being double crossed. The fates of Hollyhock and Hazel become entwined as they delve deeper into their respective worlds of crime and magic. Can they survive the journey for the truth about who they are, how they fit in with their peoples, what destiny has in store for them; and perhaps most importantly, what they mean to each other?
Can an assassin and a witch really be together, or are bullets and spells too different to coexist?"

Deviled Egg
"Peter Donnellan is a regular college student in the far off year of 2089, but when his downstairs neighbor screws up a ritual right under his bed, Peter awakens to a truth about himself he is too scared to admit.
The worst part is all the supernatural stuff he has to start dealing with now, from Angels to Demons to Fae. And all just as summer begins!"

Hope you find something you enjoy!

Strong female lead? She is also funny!

valorzard

so far its from a perspective of a guy, but its going to shift to the girl pretty soon

Tim_Saian

Hope you don't hate Nadia.

mossplains

The female lead in my first story is a strong character in a helpless situation. Someone who struggles and fights and protects in every possible way in every moment, but has little she can actually do. Still, it's all about what happens in your mind. NSFW.

JYLewis

I’m after some stories to read that show a strong female lead, preferably in a contemporary fiction setting. Any and all suggestions are appreciated 😊
You can check out my own which is in my signature, but a great one you should check out is Rebirth of Strongest female empress

D

Deleted member 45782

I’m after some stories to read that show a strong female lead, preferably in a contemporary fiction setting. Any and all suggestions are appreciated 😊
Maybe someday I'll have some of those story ideas become published stories...not exactly strong characters cause they have to work with whatever flaws or conflicts they're going through, but some will be set in contemporary for sure. Probably not much humor though, cause addressing some serious topics i guess. hope to make it through here. :)🤞

My novel (Merchant Queen) is female lead, it's about a girl who dreams of becoming a merchant queen in a world of fantasy. There's some action, adventure, magic and small dose of comedy...

Last edited: