Writing Prompt A Yandere story but with a special twist. The Yandere also has a sense of Justice and Mercy or Strong Morals!

Amias_1990

I used to play around with the Yandere trope in text based roleplays a lot. I eventually got an idea to combine the "Yandere" 'trait' with "A strong sense of Justice and Mercy/ Strong Moral code". I didn't think they'd mix well together, but it turned out to work gloriously. To the point i named an entire personal rp character trope after it. I called it the "Ronos Type Yandere". after my first character of the trope. The inner conflict and rp experiences with that first character were nothing short of amazing and some of the best roleplay i've ever had.

As a reader, I'm curious as to what authors could do with this trope, how they'd write it, and what sort of spins they could put on it.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I used to play around with the Yandere trope in text based roleplays a lot. I eventually got an idea to combine the "Yandere" 'trait' with "A strong sense of Justice and Mercy/ Strong Moral code". I didn't think they'd mix well together, but it turned out to work gloriously. To the point i named an entire personal rp character trope after it. I called it the "Ronos Type Yandere". after my first character of the trope. The inner conflict and rp experiences with that first character were nothing short of amazing and some of the best roleplay i've ever had.

As a reader, I'm curious as to what authors could do with this trope, how they'd write it, and what sort of spins they could put on it.
I'd imagine the yandere would be aware of the obsession and suffer from self-loathing seeing themselves as a monster. Constantly fighting to keep her morals or fall deep into her carnal desires.

Last edited:

Amias_1990

I'd imagine the yandere would be aware of the obsession and suffer from self-loathing seeing themselves as a monster. Constantly fighting to keep her morals or fall deep into their carnal desires.
Or in the case of being in an otherwise perfectly happy relationship, but with a love interest who is going down a bad, villainous path... internally struggling over whether or not they need to take action against their love interest.

"Ronos" was in such a predicament. He watched his first love interest (who they were married to) become increasingly power hungry and villainous. And internally struggled with that. Eventually going to more and more extreme measures to try to get her to go down a better path. But all of that failed. And eventually, she went too far and he ended up killing her to keep other people safe.

His second relationship went far better. Because his second love interest (who he fell for some time after the death of the first) was a very morally upstanding person who also loved him back, and understood and accepted his flaws. They had also helped him emotionally recover from the first relationship.

Edit: Rest in Heck, Emily you piece of snot (Emily was the name of the first love interest of "Ronos". she was... a piece of work and deserved her death)

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You can probably write something fun where she tries to keep other girls from "her" dude in moral ways, like finding them a guy they like even better or some other stuff like that.
While that is a cute idea, if her dude would be happier with the other girls, I don't see how that's moral.

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”​

― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Amias_1990

You can probably write something fun where she tries to keep other girls from "her" dude in moral ways, like finding them a guy they like even better or some other stuff like that.

I could easily see that. Some of the "Ronos Type" characters i've played in roleplays have actually done similar things before. But it was usually more along the lines of 'Ensuring things work out in the most moral ways they can think of, that actually have a chance of working'

Your idea is fun, and cute too. I like the concept.
While that is a cute idea, if her dude would be happier with the other girls, I don't see how that's moral.

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”​

But the Yandere side of the character probably wouldn't let them stand by and allow their love interest to get with someone else, right? Because in the end, Yandere 'love' is usually more akin to a powerful romantic obsession than true love. At least, that's how i've always seen it.

(I'm still curious as to how other people would interpret and write things, though). How would you write this sort of character, K5?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
(I'm still curious as to how other people would interpret and write things, though). How would you write this sort of character, K5?
I would make it clear that her dude doesn't like the advances of other girls. Then, she'd be justified. Communication is important to a good relationship. If she talks about her plans with her dude before she carries them out, that would be great. You don't have to reveal the plans to the reader before implementing them, though. That would get repetitive. Just show the beginning of the conversation and then end the chapter by saying they continued to scheme late into the night.

Maldon

I agree, but a yandere fundamentally isn't a very moral or healthy person, you kinda have to twist some things to have a "moral" yandere.
I was working with a more, "she's not going to fuck up anyone's life or hurt them" type of morality.

SuperHeiyan

Or in the case of being in an otherwise perfectly happy relationship, but with a love interest who is going down a bad, villainous path... internally struggling over whether or not they need to take action against their love interest.

"Ronos" was in such a predicament. He watched his first love interest (who they were married to) become increasingly power hungry and villainous. And internally struggled with that. Eventually going to more and more extreme measures to try to get her to go down a better path. But all of that failed. And eventually, she went too far and he ended up killing her to keep other people safe.
He wasn't Yandere then since love isn't the most important for him.
Also sounds similar to Dumbledor's love story, lol.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

I could see a scenario in which the yandere basically becomes a helicopter GF protecting MC from stuff of a degenerate nature, and mindless consumption. Pretty based. It’s basically a concerned mom or older sister.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Sense of justice? Most of them do. Just think how wronged they would feel if their love interest cheated on them? Some might be driven to a double suicide by this!

Morals? Oftentimes, they have morals as well. They don't hurt needlessly, just when they feel hurt and betrayed.

All the famous yandere characters in anime, manga and games had some kind of inner struggle about what they are doing, or what is done to them. However, amateur webnovels authors who can't grow beyond the premise of their own novels and drop after 10 chapters might never get to showing that.