Abandoned stories

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45782

Sometimes there are story blueprints we just abandon. Too many things to fix, too many plotholes, or sometimes we just don't feel like writing it. Sometimes we tell ourselves we will come back to maybe writing that story idea one day, but we know deep down its not gonna likely happen.

What are story ideas you have abandoned or left in the bin for "later"?

LotsChrono

Sometimes there are story blueprints we just abandon. Too many things to fix, too many plotholes, or sometimes we just don't feel like writing it. Sometimes we tell ourselves we will come back to maybe writing that story idea one day, but we know deep down its not gonna likely happen.

I have way too many. Way too many. Listing them all will take forever. Just know it's a lot.

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
I have like 7 or 8 abandoned stories from WattPad, RoyalRoad, and this site combined. It's mostly because they sucked on every aspect of writing. But over the course of writing these abandoned stories, my writing has improved slowly but surely. So for my current series, I definitely am going to finish it. And if it also sucks in the future, I'd probably rewrite it, and by rewriting, I mean editing the shit out of the chapters that sucked.

Last edited:

Malonymous

My first outlined (and still mostly unwritten) web novel idea was a rewritten version of an abandoned magical girl parody I came up with that somehow ended up a 'spiritual fan prequel' to Madoka Magica. It was a fun story that even got a sequel mostly brainstormed, probably not something I'd try seriously writing though~

I have way too many. Way too many. Listing them all will take forever. Just know it's a lot.
Same here! >10? :blob_wink:

LotsChrono

My first outlined (and still mostly unwritten) web novel idea was a rewritten version of an abandoned magical girl parody I came up with that somehow ended up a 'spiritual fan prequel' to Madoka Magica. It was a fun story that even got a sequel mostly brainstormed, probably not something I'd try seriously writing though~

Same here! >10? :blob_wink:
Oh for sure.

JayDirex

I not only DROP stories. I CANNABILIZE them (taking scenes, jokes, and other things I need out of them) and recycling them into new, better stories.

Muhuhuhahaha!

:blob_evil: :blob_evil_two: :blob_reach:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Everything is in the bin for later until my baby lets me write again. However, in the meantime, you're all welcome to contribute to my collection:

LilTV1155

Because emotion burns out. Imagination fades and haunt like ghosts for no reasons when you are busy with something.

1. Story inspired by 13th, the Black Cat + Harvest Moon
  2. Story inspired by Winx Club
  3. Story inspired by Naruto
  4. Amazon and her Slave
  5. Mermaid Pirate
  6. 51+ miscarried Stories whose titles I can't remember except for the estimate number of ideas noted down on my missing list.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
Yet to publish anything, but I have a story with a ton of content just waiting to be written that I shelved due to stress, depression, and lack of writing skill. Then a story about an AI that I never wrote yet due to deciding to focus on one about magic instead, which is barely getting written at all. So you could consider that 3/3 abandoned more or less. I'd really like the get The First Kitsune of Atryna written enough to share though, so far everyone I've shared the idea with has liked it, plus a bunch of folks on the forums here like the magic/monster system.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I made a lot of stories in my head, and I usually think of them all the way to the end, but... Some of them will never be written for sure. I guess I can list those? Let me see...

• A CCS fanfic I made as a teen.
  • A SAO fanfic I made as a teen.
  • Some world saving story that involved destroying the barrier that kept the souls of the dead in the afterlife or something... I dunno, I forgot all details of this one tbh... I also made it as a teen though.
  • A bunch of different stories that somehow touched on the topic of an overpowered protagonist who could not control her power well and/or was going to destroy the world if she ever let her powers loose.
  • A weird story where a girl dies while killing a chaos god, then they both reincarnate in a modern day setting and fall in love with one another.
  • A slice of life/romance story focused on modern day lesbian catgirls.
There are surely more, but those are the ones I still I remember that I have decided I'm absolutely not going to ever write... The rest I either forgot about, or are in the list of "maybe one day I'll write you."

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
I've written a lot of things during my teenage years that were abandoned... So, here they are:

1. Story about 6 people that survived an outbreak and they are holed up in a large mansion with high walls.
2. A nuclear apocalypse that turned all people into genetically engineered beings with no memories of their previous life except for the MC
3. A mercenary exorcist... I forgot what this was
4. Slice of Life story focused on 4 high school girls school life and their friendship
5. Action/Fantasy story where the MC is an immortal samurai who embarks on a journey to kill the emperor who defiled and murdered his wife but he struck a deal with a demon to make his wife undead.

I think thats all for now.

Jet

I used to write a continuation to one of my childish horrors. It made no sense from the get-go. Since the original was a wholesome and completed story, with no plotlines left in place. So I just took it to a different time with different characters. Who just battled endless hordes of monsters, basically. It was a senseless action, filled with consecutive battle sequences, and no real idea in place. Dropped it midway. Had like 30pages and the manuscript is lying around somewhere but seems pointless to try continuing. That was in early 02, I think.

The last horror I truly meant to write in 02 was about a hapless victim who happened to get caught by a crazed serial killer. Only to get taken to his gruesome den.

One story I used to write in 03 got lost because I forgot all about it. Even if meant to continue, actually.

I tried my hand at 2 epic fantasies in 04. One was based on the Armies of Exigo trailer. Another was a scenario for a collaborative mmo that got aborted early on.

I'm considering writing a mermaid tale and another adventure epic fantasy. And both are highly unlikely. Considering that I hardly work on my current novel, and got plenty of stuff planned for it already.

JK-Sama

I have a short story that took inspiration from the Mount and Blade setting, so basically a low-medieval fantasy with kingdom/cultures based on real-life ones.

Namely, the story itself was based on a Bannerlord playthrough where one of the Empire factions "united" Calradia save for one Vlandia city. The game was more or less over by then, but I decided on either defecting to the last Vlandian holdout in the last hurrah or take part in the final nail in the unification of the continent. I saved and did both cases, but after that city inevitably fell there wasn't much to do. This was like the first month at launch so faction was more terrible then than it is now.

Anyway, I wandered around and ultimately found the empress's party by herself, I executed the empress and it was me vs the world. I was really inspired to start a short novel based this outcome, on a mercenary captain helping in the final siege and the subsequent rebellion that happens afterward. Then it would've focused on the mercenary killing the empress in a sort of Oda Nobunaga style and shattering the realm once more. I had a clear ending in mind, but since it would've been more action-oriented and I wasn't as experienced as I hoped to be, most of the scenes weren't too thought out.

Reason I ended up putting it on a 1 year+ backburner was that I am focusing on my main Saga series, and I hoped to rotate between the two if I ever hit dead walls on my Saga novel, the medieval one would've been mainly as practice and brushing up on styles I have yet to explore (like melee fight scenes). I only got 3 chapters in on the project before I realized it would be too impractical and shelved it to focus on writing on Saga instead.

Additionally, there's some Death Note/Madoka hybrid that I did finally do a one-shot short story with(Psycho;Writer) that I published on here and RR. I have vague future plans for it but no clear ending or middle parts. I have yet to do anything for it in the foreseeable future.

morhamza

When I was in high-school, I was very very depressed. Writing was a coping mechanism for me at the time. I was around 13 when I started writing my first novel, before then I only wrote poems.
My first novel was mildly interesting. I come from a Christian background, though I practiced Islam too later (I'm not religious now), so the story was heavily influenced by Christian lore. Angels, demons and God.
I never finished it, though I reckon I got up to 60k words. I wrote it for about 8 months. A few paragraphs at a time. I have never showed it to anyone outside my family.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor

Darkest Hour was in the bin for like 7 years.
I became a God I gave away to another persona.
and there are quite a few more laying around in my notes

Agentt

Thighs
My first story, a romance between a husband who has lost his memory and his wife.

An isekai where it is normal for people to take poison. Like we have our children take piano lessons, scating lessons, judo, drawing, coding lessons, they just give them poison.

MajorKerina

I wouldn’t say any story of mine is absolutely abandoned unless I cease to exist. There’s a few I feel like I’ll never get around to writing. And the couple I wrote towards high school which I don’t feel like they’re worth investing my time into developing further. Now, I’m kinda wondering what would I say is the most interesting thing I abandoned which I absolutely will not return to.

Project Auryon. The below artwork that was a fan creation is as far as I’ll ever go with it.

Attachments

• longley_fan_art_by_majorkerina_d1xmbwm.jpg
    longley_fan_art_by_majorkerina_d1xmbwm.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 44
D

Deleted member 45782

Since most of what I want to write are still just story ideas, maybe all? haha :sweat_smile:

But there's some that I don't think I'll ever even get around to or touch on writing. When first joined thought of trying a story that might fit more closely to the trend on here but not really my deep interest so...hasn't progressed besides just the rough idea of how the story is.

I tried to write a story I was only partially interested in continuing the idea once, and well its been on hiatus since then. So ideas I'm not that interested in doing, I'll totally skill and maybe just leave it as an idea in the recycle bin for now.

Things like this...
Lo and Behold, I've Transformed Yet Again...
Bryan was your average boy. He saved someone unknowingly one day on his walk back home. Feeling grateful, they gave him a chance to ask for anything in one wish. But Byran got greedy. We, young minds, we tend to prioritize just a few things...

POWER!!! Gimme powers! I want all the superpowers in the world! Ability to transform. Ability to fly. Ability to punch through walls. Ability to....

As Brian squawked a many things, they grew irritated. So they proceeded to grant him his wish. Sort of.

In the form of 997 transformations to odd shapes and things...

Join Bryan on his daily dose of adventures and transformations! :D
Goddess Undone. Heaven Reborn.
A goddess long forgotten and on the verge of fading away, gets merged into a willing mortal girl's soul. She wants to see the world she has created and see how it has prospered since, if only for the last time before she disappears, perhaps for good.

She has seen the beauty of her creations and the devastating destruction her creations bring among themselves and the paradise she has so carefully constructed. Humans kill and plunder in their hypocrisy, and many innocent lives are always taken and lost at some point or another for power and gain. Exhausted, disgusted and disappointed watching at with what she created, she is about to leave when she notices a young man about to take his own life and plunge into the harbor. She saves him, but in doing so, uses up all the little power she had left. As she melts into water, she wishes the best for him and hopes humanity can still turn around and go in a better direction.

The young man survives but now awakes with an ability to turn himself into water. A fragment of the deity was left behind in him. And now the government sees him as a potential great weapon to use, and wants to experiment on him to see how exactly can he perform those actions and the mysterious source of that girl (when the deity saved him in the mortal body she possessed, it was in a metropolis city and people caught it on camera and video). So now there's a manhunt everywhere for the lad because they want to use and experiment on him.

Moreover, there's some crazy insane immortal who wishes to truly wipe all humans off the earth. That person has grown twisted and corrupted over time, losing himself to insanity as he watches humans repeat the cycle of destruction again and again and he tries but can never stop it; and has seen repeatedly the loss of loved ones and friends that hold dear to him.

For the young man whose life was viewed as insignificant and meaningless, now he's been placed into the prime spotlight with a very important role. He has to stop humanity from destroying itself ( government(s) ) and the twisted immortal who wants to wipe out all of mankind completely. But is he up for that task?

bigbear51

Most of the stories I would say are abandoned by me that are actually published were fanfics. There wasn't even an ending planned for all but one of them, so expecting them to finish was foolish.

I do have another one that I was thinking of abandon, but of course Devil is a Part-Timer just had to announce a second season years after the first. That and Jahy-sama getting an adaptation just means I would feel wrong for not continuing.