Abilities/powers/skills/talents/

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
That's actually one of the best things, could you explain what exactly it is?
And what if your opponent uses existence erasure, say, or a soul attack? It's not a physical thing so you can't really reflect it back right?
Dimensional Gate Mastery is basically the maxed out version of the Gate skill. While Gate allows to connect two places known by the user via a spatial severance of fixed size, Dimensional Gate Mastery actually allows to not only create a gate to whatever place you want, but it also allows you to control the gate's size and filter what comes in and out of it.

And when I say whatever place, I mean everywhere, anywhere. It even allows you to open a gate to dimensions that don't exist.

For example, imagine your best friend was just killed. Well, fret not! Just use the skill to open a gate to a parallel universe, right next to the Jewel of Absolute Resurrection. You don't even have to worry about whether the thing you want exists or not, the skill will get you right next to it.

As for existence erasure or soul attack, you're not quite understanding the concept of Gate. It's not a portal, it's directly grabbing two points in the Infiniverse and punching a hole through them. Attempting to erease it would be like using a flamethrower on a hole, flames would just go right through it.

So yeah, Gate is the OPest power ever. You just have to train it enough.

Kidd_Wadsworth

No special powers needed. Just gotta have a dragon. A five-hundred foot long dragon, that breathes fire, with skin impervious to sword or trebuchet.

--Kidd

NotOriginal

Just freeze time. You can use it to run away or just kill the enemy.

o

Attachments

• istockphoto-109350684-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-109350684-612x612.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 25
  • do-think-is-best-way-change-guillotines-today-520-pm-opting-out-texts-immediately-have-great-...jpeg
    do-think-is-best-way-change-guillotines-today-520-pm-opting-out-texts-immediately-have-great-...jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Unique Skill Dungeon Admin. It'd grant me Authority over Dungeons/Cores, and the very systems by which they operate, comparable to a "Goddess of Dungeons". Then it's just a matter of building up systems on a world by world basis to try and make how Dungeons work, interesting for the given world. Also I stole the idea from one of my MCs. Granted, she's from a story I haven't started releasing yet, but much of my daydreaming is occupied with her.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
The power to open things. What? All of the things. Mary-sue being perfect? Open her skull to the air and never close it up.

Kenjona

Give the person a "T-RPG style system" and they earn X amount of points per day, week or year (Free points). As long as they can keep their head down long enough, or gain points quick enough they will be able to deal with everything.

Kenjona

The ability to summon anything Summon a Djinn, get 3 wishes. Summon a maid get your laundry done. Make it a combat maid, get your laundry done while they are kicking the mook bad guys to the curb.

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
Dimensional Gate Mastery is basically the maxed out version of the Gate skill. While Gate allows to connect two places known by the user via a spatial severance of fixed size, Dimensional Gate Mastery actually allows to not only create a gate to whatever place you want, but it also allows you to control the gate's size and filter what comes in and out of it.

And when I say whatever place, I mean everywhere, anywhere. It even allows you to open a gate to dimensions that don't exist.

For example, imagine your best friend was just killed. Well, fret not! Just use the skill to open a gate to a parallel universe, right next to the Jewel of Absolute Resurrection. You don't even have to worry about whether the thing you want exists or not, the skill will get you right next to it.

As for existence erasure or soul attack, you're not quite understanding the concept of Gate. It's not a portal, it's directly grabbing two points in the Infiniverse and punching a hole through them. Attempting to erease it would be like using a flamethrower on a hole, flames would just go right through it.

So yeah, Gate is the OPest power ever. You just have to train it enough.
This would be an Omni-level ability because it has essentially no restrictions.
A) Instantly able to find anything in existence
B) Wouldn’t you need non-finite power to do the point to point thing?

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
This would be an Omni-level ability because it has essentially no restrictions.
A) Instantly able to find anything in existence
B) Wouldn’t you need non-finite power to do the point to point thing?
As for A... I guess that's true.
B is not quite true, you just need power in acording to the distance between both points

FaustVoncleave

Which single ability would make you super strong in every fictional world?

You're thrown into a multiverse, and it doesn't matter what ability you have; but that's all you're going to get, and your job is to defeat the protagonist.

So, what exactly would it be?

No Omni-things please.
A good one is return to zero, the ability to turn all phenomena back to zero, whether they be positive or negative. The weakness of this ability is it can't add anything, so there's no healing or buffing capability.

Basic telekinesis can also be pretty insane when turned up to the highest levels. It's so versatile that there isn't much it can't do, it's just a matter of how much juice you can give it. That said, it is admittedly kind of omni.

Alchemy can also be pretty busted. Not like fma though, more like the atelier series where it's mostly instinctual instead of knowledge based, that way you can craft no matter what world you end up in. That said, your power will always be determined by the level of resources you can get.

An underrated one, and my personal favorite, is the ability to raise others. Not in a buffing way, more like a teaching way where you can guide them to reach beyond their full potential. That way no matter what world you end up in you can nurture a squad or even country to take out the hero and protect yourself. It has the drawback of relying on other people, but I'll pick this one for this question.

Last edited:

Le_ther

You're thrown into a multiverse, and it doesn't matter what ability you have; but that's all you're going to get, and your job is to defeat the protagonist.

No Omni-things please.
Return by death.

Yes, it sucks but you can become a terrifying monster that knows everything or the greatest strategist.

FoxxieFox

Apprentice Wizard
Cosmic Sorcery - The power to pull ‘magical energies’ from the universe and use it for your own means.
- You must have a source of energy to draw from in an accessible location
i.e - Ambient Mana, Natural energy, Qi, World Energy, Spiritual Energy etcetera
- You cannot use energy with overwhelming power without preparation or risk destruction of your soul
i.e Divine Energy, Divine Qi etcetera
- If you use a Divine or Immortal beings energy you gain their attention and risk their wrath
- Does not gain immediate proficiency in Sorcery associated with energy being used
- Near limitless potential to develop this ability depending on the circumstances
- Compatible with all energy types
Potential uses:

Infusion of energy into your being to modulate yourself (Energy directly changes you into something else)

Capacity to learn how to use Energy in (Spells, Techniques, Arts, Jutsu, Curses, Rituals, Skills, Alchemy, Enchanting, and other magical effects)

Other effects i’m not thinking of

Erys

Her Highness

No Omni-things please.
The power the protagonist knows not.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Shapeshifting. The good version.

A real shapeshifter can nullify or regenerate their wounds, mimic other people's powers, disguise themselves perfectly, warp the terrain/air around them, perform alchemy/chemistry on the fly, is immortal, and whatever else I'm too tired to think of right now.