Abilities/powers/skills/talents/

arkyum

Which single ability would make you super strong in every fictional world?

You're thrown into a multiverse, and it doesn't matter what ability you have; but that's all you're going to get, and your job is to defeat the protagonist.

So, what exactly would it be?

No Omni-things please.

Last edited:

Like you get thrown into a multiverse and it doesn't matter what that ability is but that's the only thing you are going to get and your job is to beat the protagonist.

So what it would be?
ability to steal abilities

arkyum

True immortality
Okay, but that doesn't help in defeating the protagonists, does it?

Sure you wouldn't die but you can be sealed, put into another dimension and another n number of things where true immortality wouldn't help.

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Save Game feature. With multiple slots available. Throw in quick save / quick load with a thought for extra felxibility.

arkyum

ability to steal abilities
That's going to be like the plunderer skill from some anime I have watched, but again, how will it help to defeat the protagonist?

Some beings couldn't be killed in normal ways even without their ridiculous abilities so how will it help?
Save Game feature. With multiple slots available. Throw in quick save / quick load with a thought for extra felxibility.
Gets thrown in Naruto verse
goes near konoha and uses the save slot ability
Gets killed by a shuriken from a nin
and the cycle continues.

Again how will it help in defeating the protagonists?
Telekenesis or psychic powers in general
In both the cases a speedster would kill you before you even get the chance of using it.

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
mhhh,

mind manipulation...then I could get a lot of minions to do the job for me.

arkyum

mhhh,

mind manipulation...then I could get a lot of minions to do the job for me
It's a subset of telepathy and speedsters and the ones who know how to negate this ability would be a pain in the ass.

Beta02

That's just too boring. Imagine having to write a character with that ability, it's a plausible one, but just way too boring.
Omni level powers are the only powers that could trump any other abilities. Even almighty powers and absolute powers, which are just a step below omni, have inherent restrictions or limitations that could be surpassed through other sources of power that counters them. So if you want a power that makes you super strong in every fiction imaginable it has to be atleast omni level.

RainingSky

Coffee lover (addict)
It's a subset of telepathy and speedsters and the ones who know how to negate this ability would be a pain in the ass

Maybe...but then again it would be nice to have other people do the job for you instead of doing it yourself. A lot more comfy for sure.

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Gets thrown in Naruto verse
goes near konoha and uses the save slot ability
Gets killed by a shuriken from a nin
and the cycle continues.

Again how will it help in defeating the protagonists?
Because why would they shuriken me at first sight? I didn't know they were that extreme. What, the hokages turned the city into a dictatorship? Plus who would save only once? And when in front of enemies?

Anyway. Save, go in, live there for a few weeks, learn the things (Naruto in this case) do. Reload. Do it again. And again. And again. Learn everything you can. When you got it down to pinpoint accuracy, just be there when he is the most vulnarable and stab him in the neck. If you fail just reload. Damn easy.

You could learn everything about anybody with enough patience and even get close to them playing the perfect type of friend they trust, you just need to learn their preferences. And you have infinite tries to go at it.

arkyum

Make love not war - the ability to roll 1d20 on seduction on the protagonist each time
I mean love is great and all but my character is not really into same gender and most of the protagonists would be male so it is a a problem.
Because why would they shuriken me at first sight? I didn't know they were that extreme. What, the hokages turned the city into a dictatorship? Plus who would save only once? And when in front of enemies?

Anyway. Save, go in, live there for a few weeks, learn the things (Naruto in this case) do. Reload. Do it again. And again. And again. Learn everything you can. When you got it down to pinpoint accuracy, just be there when he is the most vulnarable and stab him in the neck. If you fail just reload. Damn easy.

You could learn everything about anybody with enough patience and even get close to them playing the perfect type of friend they trust, you just need to learn their preferences. And you have infinite tries to go at it.
'Sigh'

So you expect me to kill someone who can literally level big cities with one punch, has abilities that could erase me with a flick of the wrist, has the lineage of the Uzumaki clan in him, and is the current hokage of the place with only the save slot ability.

Yeah, good luck with that, buddy.

Last edited:

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator

You're thrown into a multiverse, and it doesn't matter what ability you have; but that's all you're going to get, and your job is to defeat the protagonist.

So, what exactly would it be?

No Omni-things please.
Dimensional Gate Mastery. AKA opening a gate of any size to every possible, probable and imaginable universe whenever you want and being able to filter what comes in or out.

If there are infinite possibilities, all you have to do is open a gate to them.
Want immortality? Gate right next to the Potion of Eternal Immortality
A foe attacked you? Gate their attacks right back to them
Want money? No need to even steal a bank when you can Gate yourself right next to a giant mine of the valuablest thing in existence

Like I said, mastering the Gate spell is the ultimate power
(Coming from a person that has seirously debated the power they would wish for to become OP)

arkyum

Omni level powers are the only powers that could trump any other abilities

Dimensional Gate Mastery. AKA opening a gate of any size to every possible, probable and imaginable universe whenever you want and being able to filter what comes in or out.

If there are infinite possibilities, all you have to do is open a gate to them.
Want immortality? Gate right next to the Potion of Eternal Immortality
A foe attacked you? Gate their attacks right back to them
Want money? No need to even steal a bank when you can Gate yourself right next to a giant mine of the valuablest thing in existence

Like I said, mastering the Gate spell is the ultimate power
(Coming from a person that has seirously debated the power they would wish for to become OP)
That's actually one of the best things, could you explain what exactly it is?
And what if your opponent uses existence erasure, say, or a soul attack? It's not a physical thing so you can't really reflect it back right?