About the Glossary

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
Has anyone used it, any idea in how it works?
I'm interested in the potential uses for it and didn't find anything about how to use it or the rules about it

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
I used the glossary once and found it has a 1000 word limit (iirc)
IMO, it’s to be used for characters and places
Edit: I should note that the word limit is for every glossary entry, not all entries combined.

Last edited:

RedPanda

I use the glossary for continents and races. I want to add a glossary later on with characters of each arc.

I think you don’t really need one in stories, but when you create new continents and countries is it easier for your readers. They need to look up informations through the older chapters if they forget names of things, like the country’s name.

LWFlouisa

I should consider using that then. There is a lot of things about the Potato District I can't reasonably fit into one novella.

Potato, because the city is literally shaped like a Potato.

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
I use the glossary for continents and races. I want to add a glossary later on with characters of each arc.

I think you don’t really need one in stories, but when you create new continents and countries is it easier for your readers. They need to look up informations through the older chapters if they forget names of things, like the country’s name.
Well yeah, that's basically what I wanna use it for, didn't know about the 1000 word limit MrTiemos mentioned, better know early about that.
My plan is to fill up a glossary after every Arc, for the readers to get a quick look in what is already known before go to next arc

ConTroll

Eternal Wood
I use it to keep track of characters, encounters, and lore. I like the convenience of the drop down menus, however I was not aware of the character limit. So I may need to revise my organization.

Honestly, the glossary helps me as much as it does my readers.

Make sure to use spoilers if you don't want to reveal stuff to your readers that would obviously spoil your story.

Storymask

I've been using it quite a bit for my story... as a: character status sheet, spellbook, skillbook, Gods and Goddess Blessings, Locations, Beastiary, and such. At the top, I put a warning that reading the Glossary will lead to spoilers so basically read at your own discretion.

LWFlouisa

Got some use of this, thanks. This will be handy, particularly if I want to do a series of spin off novella later. My novellas are set in the same world, but each one is basically a distant prequel.

keitaro-sempai

The First Will's Origin
For sure those spoiler alerts are in order. I just expect for the glossary to be easy to organize