Ace Attorney: Investigation 2 (+English Patched)

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Gyakuten Kenji was one of the best mystery-solving games I've ever played w/ Presto hard beats, but if it's about the court cases, then Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulation is the best one. Now, I've come full circle and am about to finish the Spirit of Justice so I can do Gyakuten Kenji 2! I know I am supposed to do SMT IV, but that one can wait. I am actually close to beating SMT IV... derp, sorry I'll make the progress thread next week.

HOLD IT!

It'll come as a surprise but since Great Ace Attorney (fan translation), Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, Gyakuten Kenji, and Spirit of Justice can be played on a cellphone, I actually convert my cellphone's screen to my widescreen and I play it there for better immersion. It is amazing, so if you can screen share, then do it too if you want to play the game!

NOT SO FAST!

After noticing the Great Ace Attorney's fan translation, I tried it and played the game—that was after I did the Ace Attorney Trilogy three years ago. It was really historical, rather, off-puttingly 3D w/ great OSTs that liven the moods. Since it was a translation, most mysteries are bound to be confusing, but I still finished the game anyway. Before that, I did Apollo Justice, little did I know the game was going to fire off a lot of plot twists. Then, Gyakuten Kenji, which was a game with dramatic hard beats and a great story—well, all Ace Attorney's have great stories, although this out outdid everything. Lastly, I did Dual Destinies before Spirit of Justice, it came out as a surprise... well yeah, it was pretty deep.

Spirit of Justice came out intense, split up into different parts containing each involvement to the story's conclusion. Whatsoever, I am at the final case of it, and I'll do Gyakuten Kenji 2 after that! Edgeworth best gurl... :>

Last edited:

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
My analysis told me this thead contains the following:

20% AAI2

75% All ace attorney series

5% SMT

Motsu

Just finished Spirit of Justice... the last episode was the best following the special episode. It's great that the Justice arc is over, so I am excited for another sequel. It is a little shocking to see that Justice never got his OST during his real moment, and Athena hasn't been getting much development. What happened in AAI2 actually was talked about in SoJ... what a surprise. Well, anyway, it is time for AAI2... finally.

EUREKA!

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Just finished Spirit of Justice... the last episode was the best following the special episode. It's great that the Justice arc is over, so I am excited for another sequel. It is a little shocking to see that Justice never got his OST during his real moment, and Athena hasn't been getting much development. What happened in AAI2 actually was talked about in SoJ... what a surprise. Well, anyway, it is time for AAI2... finally.

EUREKA!
Athena was pretty much a side character by this point. Her case was pretty much a filler. Just when the situation of both Apollo and Phoenix heated up, the developer was like... "Here's something completely unrelevant to the plot!".

And did they talk about AAI2 in SJ? I don't remember much about SJ. I played it years ago and just played AAI years later, mostly because I was kinda irked by AAI's gameplay at first. But surprisingly, I enjoyed AAI more, especially for the second game.

Still wondering when they will release the official. Well, if they do, it would mostlikely on switch or PS4 first. I mean they kinda ported Great Ace Attorney.

Motsu

Athena was pretty much a side character by this point. Her case was pretty much a filler. Just when the situation of both Apollo and Phoenix heated up, the developer was like... "Here's something completely unrelevant to the plot!".
Indeed... can't say I was enthusiastic when playing the episode.

And did they talk about AAI2 in SJ? I don't remember much about SJ. I played it years ago and just played AAI years later, mostly because I was kinda irked by AAI's gameplay at first. But surprisingly, I enjoyed AAI more, especially for the second game.
If I remember, Ema and Edgeworth talked about a certain collaboration from AAI2—currently the episode that's still in progress for me. AAI's story and gameplay was intense and carefree, whatsoever, better than being locked in a limited setting when it comes to presenting evidences in testimonies. I am definitely a fan of the AAI series.

I've a lot to say for AAI2, but I should leave it for another comment since I still haven't finished the game anyway.

Still wondering when they will release the official. Well, if they do, it would mostlikely on switch or PS4 first. I mean they kinda ported Great Ace Attorney.
Great Ace Attorney's fan translation was pretty good, almost as if it wasn't a fan translation at all—same as AAI2! I am waiting for GAA2, although, I've been spoiled with little bits of GAA2's events. It won't really affect the immersion and surprises.

Motsu

Ace Attorney Investigation 2 taught things I simply never knew. A lesson, both carrying large guidance and burden. Whatsoever, outside that lesson, was a truly fantastic and mysterious story. Following the end of AAI, in which I took certain steps to master and understand, it diversifies and further divulges in our Prosecutor's decision. As much as I'd love to talk about AAI2, I think that AAI needs to be acknowledged first.

I started out AAI because of that certain meme, one that holds an overkill OST and a dancing Edgeworth... further details at that point, well, I can't remember well. At first, I definitely had this sort of baffling look... some things changed; testimonies are now held anywhere, deducing and logic are certainly used a lot. Of course, the usual pressing is nostalgia, but my usual logic was bad... so I can't say I did a good job at solving the mysteries. Right now, I can't even remember well how I was able to finish the game with calm and composure despite the perplexing thoughts.

I am quite a fan of solving mysteries, especially while adding good soundtracks to them. This would be why I love the AA series, well, despite the latest sequels... lacking some things and pulling the same old trick and cliche I can guess within a minute. However, the AAI series was different. They truly... or insanely twist the truth to blow away the players! As usual, the first suspect isn't the real suspect... but in some cases, that phrase holds no water. Everything starts getting messed up until you solve the puzzle... which is in fact, O_O. Also, all episodes or cases are connected to each other like Apollo Justice, and references and touches of humor are quite interesting.

As always, all contradictions are bound to be difficult to find, especially when you aren't paying much attention or not thinking outside the box all the time. Things will surely confuse you, but the truth is always present in front of you. So if you think you can't find the answer, then start thinking about what closely contradicts what testimony.

One thing I figured out is that the NDS has most of the AA series present... has little MB, and can be played using an emulator in my phone. That's why I took advantage of that point and started to try AAI2, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations. The emulator perfectly loads the games, has everything including a virtual microphone and misc things. I can also do screen mirroring... which is what I'd always do when playing all AA games... you may ask, "but wouldn't that waste a lot of electricity?" or "why do screen mirroring if you can just play on your phone?" but I actually like looking at my games on a better and bigger screen w/ loud OST's.

After finishing AAI2, I played Justice For All and finished it just now. In fact, the cross-examination and cornered OST was pretty good I started dancing with the rhythm... or rather, it really beats hard. The whole storyline theme is all about the truth, but it definitely is just Maya getting the Butz thing... just stating the nutshell. I don't really have much to say, so I'll say what I can.

Since I already played the Trilogy... well, the first AA, I stopped playing the Trilogy and went unto other AA games... I don't know what made me abandon the three masterpieces... but I wasn't in the mood at that time. I did AJ -> DD -> AAI -> SOJ -> AAI2... and finally, I was able to start playing JFR and T&T. So, at this point, JFR wasn't anything difficult... sure it had this penalizing pressing, one life, and multiple ways to attack problems, but I doubt they were that difficult... since I did have the evidence. >_O

So, I'll do the last list now... TRIALS & TRIBULATION! GODOT... oh, I shouldn't spoil myself. I'll mark this thread as pending once I finish T&T since GAA2 is still coming... well, the fan translation is getting closer. (hope they finish chapter 4 and 5 immediately). Now then, my mouth has been waiting to say this last word... I don't know what made me do it, but I know I'll do it again someday... oh well, I should prepare myself and do it now while I still can.

OBJECTION!