Add ‘Discontinued’ as story status

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
We have complete and hiatus, but what about stories the author doesn’t want to continue anymore? (Or when authors don’t want to post on SH anymore.)

Actually, I just don’t want to start and get hooked with a story when it’s gonna be paywalled or there is no hope for it to get updated soon. >.>

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@Tony

I'm probably blacklisted from tagging you in a lot of post but do excuse the boy crying wolf just this one time, for a lot of other and more honest boys are sincerely crying for an electric fence so the sheep won't get sheared by the canine's teeth once more.
I don't think Tony puts anyone in his ignore list~

That said, he doesn't really check his alerts either AFAIK, so tagging him is mostly useless... He does check this subforum, his profile and his PMs manually though~

D

Deleted member 45782

bump. haha heaven knows how many stuff thought of and was discontinued but just laying about collecting dust...

Derin_Edala

While true, it's still a way to state that no more chapters or any sort of updates will be coming for it.
It would give the impression that the story is complete, which is even less fair to readers than marking a hiatus. It's not a solution. It's even worse, and an author absolutely shouldn't do it. The 'completed' tag is absolutely not a substitute for a 'discontinued' tag.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
It would give the impression that the story is complete, which is even less fair to readers than marking a hiatus. It's not a solution. It's even worse, and an author absolutely shouldn't do it. The 'completed' tag is absolutely not a substitute for a 'discontinued' tag.
I still feel the pain of that one manga that was marked as completed but wasn’t at all. The Mangaka passed away due sickness in the middle of serialization, so there is simply no chance to ever know the ending.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I still feel the pain of that one manga that was marked as completed but wasn’t at all. The Mangaka passed away due sickness in the middle of serialization, so there is simply no chance to ever know the ending.

Pic related

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Stares at thread, agrees with thread, wonders why it doesn't exist already"
Tony seems to be pretty busy these days and is still developing the app, so I guess development of other features is currently halted.