Add a RSS feed at the end of each chapter

NobleTalon

Is it possible to add a little RSS icon at the end of each chapter to generate a valid RSS feed ? (the same as Royal Road)

It used to work with the feeds from the reading list, but they suddenly stopped working a week ago.

Tbh it's kinda annoying. Webnovel has a dedicated discord bot to post updates, Royal Road makes it easy to get a valid RSS feed at the end of each chapter, but for SH... it's a pain in the ass. It's impossible to get valid feeds from the source code, and those from the reading list aren't working with Monito RSS bot.

If a dev sees my message, please do something about it asap.

Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Is it possible to add a little RSS icon at the end of each chapter to generate a valid RSS feed ? (the same as Royal Road)

It used to work with the feeds from the reading list, but they suddenly stopped working a week ago.

Tbh it's kinda annoying. Webnovel has a dedicated discord bot to post updates, Royal Road makes it easy to get a valid RSS feed at the end of each chapter, but for SH... it's a pain in the ass. It's impossible to get valid feeds from the source code, and those from the reading list aren't working with Monito RSS bot.

If a dev sees my message, please do something about it asap.

Thanks.

The RSS valid from the reading list works. Can you try again to see if it works?

If you're using MonitoRSS, you might have to refresh the RSS feed because of connection failure limit.

NobleTalon

The RSS valid from the reading list works. Can you try again to see if it works?

If you're using MonitoRSS, you might have to refresh the RSS feed because of connection failure limit.

I just tried again, but it didn't work.

How do I refresh the RSS feed ?

Btw, it stopped working on the 28 aug, which is the same as on the official discord.

Tony

Staff member
I just tried again, but it didn't work.

How do I refresh the RSS feed ?

Btw, it stopped working on the 28 aug, which is the same as on the official discord.

I meant you have to refresh it on MonitoRSS's side:

Why did I get a message about a connection failure limit, or why do I see FAILED feed status? What does this mean?

If the bot is unable to successfully connect to the feed after a certain number of hours, it is declared a failure and will not be retried anymore to conserve resources. It is up to the user to determine when the feed is back up, and to refresh it with the refresh command to remove its failed status. It will then be fetched again.

As for how? I don't use MonitoRSS so I'm not sure. You'll have to ask them (MonitoRSS) or ask someone who knows. Here are a list of commands I found from Googling though: https://docs.monitorss.xyz/configuration/discord-commands