Add new tags to choose from

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
This thread just made me take a look at the tags and I feel like there are a few that might be nice to add:

Currently, there is a 'bisexual protagonist' and 'pansexual protagonist' tag but we do not have one for 'asexual protagonist'. So, my suggestion is to add that one.
In case anyone is curious: I, for one, do have a story with an asexual protagonist (and several others planned) so we have at least one story already that could need one :blob_joy: I'm not sure about other stories on ScribbleHub but I do know that there are stories with ace characters around on other sites so if any of those came over, it'd be nice they had an option for their MCs as well.

In the same vein, I'd like to suggest an 'aromantic protagonist' tag but that one might need more discussion since we don't have any other tags referring to romantic orientation. (Like, asexual is basically just adding another orientation to already tag-able ones while aromantic would be opening another can.)

I also noticed (might also need discussion and maybe more than the previous one) that we have neither a 'lesbian protagonist' nor 'gay protagonist' tag (or a combined 'homosexual protagonist' tag).
Now, it could be argued that most people that write lesbian or gay protagonists will likely put the story in the girls' love or boys' love genre respectively. Especially since we can add as many genres as we like (I think?) I'd agree with that. On the other hand, you can write a story with a lesbian/gay protagonist without the story actually being part of the genre. It could be a story in any other genre that just happens to have a protagonist with that sexual orientation. The story doesn't even need to dabble much in romance and might not even have an actual romance subplot since that changes nothing about the character's orientation but everything about the story's genre.

TL;DR: I'd suggest adding the following tags:
  • asexual protagonist (strongly suggested)
  • aromantic protagonist (might need more discussion)
  • lesbian protagonist and gay protagonist or homosexual protagonist (might need more discussion)

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
  • asexual protagonist (strongly suggested)
  • aromantic protagonist (might need more discussion)
  • lesbian protagonist and gay protagonist or homosexual protagonist (might need more discussion)
The first one seems good, I'd like to see it too~

Second one I dunno, I think most readers wouldn't even know the difference, and many authors wouldn't either... It could cause confusion.

The third one seems unnecessary. I understand where you're coming from, but I think the genres cover this well enough.

Friend

... well am I? or not?
Up to only 9 genres, I thought. Did this change in one month of me being active here?

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Ah, I didn't know there actually was a genre cap but I guess 9 genres should still be more than enough to tag BL/GL as one to signify that there'll be some gay/lesbian romance involved (possibly) if there is no tag for it.

I still stand on my point that we need the ace tag and I'm up for more debate on the aro tag.
Btw, on the latter: The Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week is rolling around next month. So maybe some authors would also like to prepare something? Then we could definitely use that tag! 😄