Add Shounen and Shoujo to the genre list

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I have a good few reasons for this. First, there's Seinen and Josei, which is shounen and shoujo but for a more grown audience, but no shounen and shoujo which are their counterpart.

Also for purely aesthetical reasons, it will add two new genres when creating a new series so instead of 2 rows of 11 and the last one only having 9 there will be three perfect rows of 11.

Not to mention since most of us here are people who come from anime, there's most definitely a lot of people looking for shounen esque webnovels which adding the genre would make it easier for those people to search for those stories.

Agentt

Thighs
I am surprised we didn't had that, i never noticed

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Demographic genres are a bit troublesome. It's probably better to have a separate category for target demographic instead of genres for it.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
Demographic genres are a bit troublesome. It's probably better to have a separate category for target demographic instead of genres for it.
Well if that was the case, then why is Seinen and Josei in the genre when they're about target demographic. Truthfully I think those should be in tags, but since they're in genres then why not shounen and shoujo as well. They don't even have tags.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Well if that was the case, then why is Seinen and Josei in the genre when they're about target demographic. Truthfully I think those should be in tags, but since they're in genres then why not shounen and shoujo as well. They don't even have tags.
I should have paid more attention to your post before I replied. My bad. I thought we didn't have Seinen and Josei on Scribblehub.

I have no clue why we have Seinen and Josei, but don't have Shoujo and Shounen. I think we should either have all 4, or none of them... And I lean more on having none of them.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I should have paid more attention to your post before I replied. My bad. I thought we didn't have Seinen and Josei on Scribblehub.

I have no clue why we have Seinen and Josei, but don't have Shoujo and Shounen. I think we should either have all 4, or none of them... And I lean more on having none of them.
I get that, but removing seinen and josei would be more trouble than just adding shounen and shoujo because by removing, there would be a ton of webnovels missing a genre that was previously there, which would make a lot of those types of people unhappy. Adding shounen and shoujo would be the easier option.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
I have to downvote this for now because these two tags (shounen and shoujo) have caused a fourm war over on NovelUpdates (ScribbleHubs older sister site).

Apparently, they were arguing over whether they are only allowed on Japanese series or all series. Utterly pointless, but adding them might drag that argument over here.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I have to downvote this for now because these two tags (shounen and shoujo) have caused a fourm war over on NovelUpdates (ScribbleHubs older sister site).

Apparently, they were arguing over whether they are only allowed on Japanese series or all series. Utterly pointless, but adding them might drag that argument over here.
Well considering the fact that seinen and josei are genres here and as far as I've seen there hasn't been an argument over them, I'd say there's nothing to worry about.