Adding "Deaf Character" tag

LiquidCeil

There are tags for 'Disabilities', 'Blind Character', 'Mute Character', 'Quiet Character', 'Aloof Character', 'Sign Language', and 'Language Barrier'. How did we get all of those, and not "Deaf Character"? I am also under the impression that "mute" as a term is considered outdated because people rarely lose the ability to speak. I am not saying that the tag "mute character" should be replaced by "deaf character", but if one is there, the other should be as well!! Can I please have a tag for the disability of my Main Character? Pretty Please??? It is important to me...

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Bumping because it seems logical

LiquidCeil

Here is a post I found explaining the difference between deaf and mute.
If you do take the time to read it, you will find that, in most cases, "deaf" is the more appropriate term. And calling a quiet person who doesn't speak out of personal choice can be considered offensive to the small group of people who actually cannot speak, physically. I am considerably open to the idea of replacing the "mute character" tag with a "deaf character" tag after reading this. Please consider changing!

There are tags for 'Disabilities', 'Blind Character', 'Mute Character', 'Quiet Character', 'Aloof Character', 'Sign Language', and 'Language Barrier'. How did we get all of those, and not "Deaf Character"? I am also under the impression that "mute" as a term is considered outdated because people rarely lose the ability to speak. I am not saying that the tag "mute character" should be replaced by "deaf character", but if one is there, the other should be as well!! Can I please have a tag for the disability of my Main Character? Pretty Please??? It is important to me...
Here is a post I found explaining the difference between deaf and mute.
If you do take the time to read it, you will find that, in most cases, "deaf" is the more appropriate term. And calling a quiet person who doesn't speak out of personal choice can be considered offensive to the small group of people who actually cannot speak, physically. I am considerably open to the idea of replacing the "mute character" tag with a "deaf character" tag after reading this. Please consider changing!
It's logical. Not having a 'deaf character' tag is a nonsense!

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I am considerably open to the idea of replacing the "mute character" tag with a "deaf character" tag after reading this. Please consider changing!
Why can't we just add another tag? What if the character IS mute, and wishes to speak for a change but can't?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
For example: destroyed vocal chords.
I was thinking of characters born mute but yeah, we can add that.

Fuck it, we can just group all of them in "Voluntary Disability" and "Involuntary/Unconsensual Disability".

It's a fucken joke

LiquidCeil

I am not saying that we should replace the mute character tag (with deaf character)... there are only six stories on Scribble Hub who have made use of it, and I am not gonna sift through hundreds of chapters to see if they used the right tag. But from what I researched, becoming physically mute is rarer, and people tend to confuse (wrongly) that being mute and deaf are synonymous. Obviously, when creating unique characters, disabilities and destroyed vocal cords or even animalistic humanoids who don't have the capability of speech become possible. So with that in mind, the "mute character" tag should probably be there. But if people can use that tag for such characters in their story, I should definitely also be able to use a "deaf character" tag for my precious MC! Ahhh I want it soo badly!!