Resolved Additional Bugs Found

Valmond

This one has been solved. Below are the additional ones found.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I have been accepted just to let you know. However, as of recently. My novel will not show up in the latest update. Also, the scheduling feature has a bug in it. Upon publishing, it publishes an incorrect date. Thus, the story does not show up. Finally, the story just disappears from the latest update. I should clarify, it disappears instantly if it does show up on the latest update section.

To add on, I found out the bug with the scheduling feature is at the center of it. What it also does is mess up the Latest Update section. Pushing the updates all over the place, or not at all.

Have you tried setting your timezone via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/?

As for the release not showing up, did you delete the chapter and re-release it? If so, it triggered the anti-cheat system and bumped your chapter down. I just checked and I do see your book on the latest update page but it's on page #3 currently.

Valmond

Have you tried setting your timezone via https://www.scribblehub.com/account/?

As for the release not showing up, did you delete the chapter and re-release it? If so, it triggered the anti-cheat system and bumped your chapter down. I just checked and I do see your book on the latest update page but it's on page #3 currently.
Yep, I have the time zone set correct. Also, yes, I did the delete and re-release to test why this is happening. Since the schedule release was not accepted. Also, I am manually releasing my work now, not on schedule anymore. So yeah, I figured it was an anti cheating thing. Though, was not certain due to the complications with the scheduling feature. Not to concern however. I am not here to cheat the system or anything like that. It is just that due to this bug, it caused a lot of confusion for me.

JaxCreation

Also, the scheduling feature has a bug in it. Upon publishing, it publishes an incorrect date.

I do have my timezone set up, but a chapter I had scheduled for midnight did not post.

Did you guys just save it as a draft after editing the 'publish time'? If so, I don't think it's queued for update. If you go back into the chapter after editing the 'publish date', the publish button should say 'schedule' instead (I only just noticed this now myself while double checking my publishing times).

1605012152289.png

After you hit it, the status of your chapter should say Scheduled instead of Draft.

1605011884644.png

Valmond

Did you guys just save it as a draft after editing the 'publish time'? If so, I don't think it's queued for update. If you go back into the chapter after editing the 'publish date', the publish button should say 'schedule' instead (I only just noticed this now myself while double checking my publishing times).

View attachment 4782

After you hit it, the status of your chapter should say Scheduled instead of Draft.

View attachment 4779
Yeah, I encountered this same problem as well.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

View attachment 4782

View attachment 4779
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, that might be it!

It did happen to me once for my novel to miss the schedule as well, I kept wondering why it happened...

JaxCreation

Yeah, I encountered this same problem as well.
I haven’t actually had a problem with it; I’m just giving you a potential fix. As far as I can tell, it’s not a bug - that’s just how the feature works.

But yes, some extra instruction could be provided for noobs like us as a tooltip in the editor to prevent confusion.

Valmond

I haven’t actually had a problem with it; I’m just giving you a potential fix. As far as I can tell, it’s not a bug - that’s just how the feature works.

But yes, some extra instruction could be provided for noobs like us as a tooltip in the editor to prevent confusion.
Ah yeah, that is true lol.

If it is not a bug. Definitely more instructions are needed.

Valmond

Follow up on bug report. Even when manually releasing chapters. It registers the date you originally had it in as a draft, as the release date. Even though it has been released at a later time, hence the story does not go into the updated system.

Valmond

Adding onto the bug report. Even with no other parts in draft. While manually releasing. The system got confused with my previous release around four or five hours back. Which pushed my new release back three hours. Hence, it did not directly get into the system.

I may have a ton of parts, though, this is starting to damage me...🤨

Also, when you hold down a picture icon of a book. It can transfer to a completely different book.