Adult Genre Cliches

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
What cliches? Like... lucky pervert kinda scene?

*Accidental boobie grope.
*Sexy onee putting MC's head on their melons
*Wind lifting skirt then seeing the pantsu
*Accidentally peeking in the room/bath whilst seeing almost naked bodies
*Squeezed together in a tight space
*Getting drunk and getting lucky

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
  • One-dimensional villains
  • Too many forgettable canon fodders
  • Women after male lead despite him being downright indifferent and cold towards them
  • Supposedly intelligent women suddenly dropping IQ coz male lead is everything
  • Protagonist seems to know martial arts for some reason
  • Oh, they also know how to hack, handle guns, run a business, and can even cook like a Michelin chef
  • Revenge seems to always be exaggerated. I appreciate a good revenge story but if it just takes a few chapters to show characters tortured, then I'm out.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Lines like "he was so strong and manly that he made her feel like a woman", or "she felt all womanly" when they mean she was swooning/felt weak. Never stops making me feel sick.

If the woman has pubic hair, it's always described in a really bizarre and unsexy way during sex scenes, even though the author was clearly aiming to make it sound hot.

The men are assholes but everyone comes up with ridiculous justifications for their behaviour so they never have to change.

tak

My fist thought is telenovela cliches
  • Saw a car approaching. Froze. Got hit by a car, fell to his/her side. Somehow bleed from head. Got hospitalized.
  • Baby swapped at birth
  • Drunk scene
  • Kind looking but mean
  • Ugly & rich is evil
  • Ugly & poor is the funny one
  • "Let me explain!" "No!"

mrsimple

Writer
Just one cliche from me.

An entire story supported by the misunderstandings of a bickering couple. Honestly, I would have loved some stories all that much more if one or the other of the pair had actually taken the time to investigate an incident rather than jump to conclusions based on assumed character of either lead.

Kotohood

Noob Author
*Bad guys not killing good guys cause they aren't worth killing, despite them having killed many other citizens.
*Bad guys killing others coz lol I'm bad guy.
*Bad guys killing other bad guy coz lol I'm badder than bad guy.
*Bad guy turns good after biggest bad come out and suddenly everyone becomes good friends.
*sexy bad guy falls in love with MC
*It was just a dream all along.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
  1. Getting naked in the cold to conserve body heat

That sort of has a basis in science and reality somewhat, at least. the theory is sound though nakedness itself may be counter-productive.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
...I should probably bookmark this thread because I need to figure out how to spark the relationship between my MC and ML. :sweat_smile:

Guess I should try to avoid cliches?

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
(1) Falling or getting tangled together resulting in an accidental kiss or groping.
(2) Somehow female leads always get seen naked by accident.
(3) A character is found in a compromised situation that incites a heavy misunderstanding in another character.
Examples: Two men were having a fiery argument and it got physical precisely at the moment some female protag walks in leading her to believe the two men, who are holding each other at the moment, have some kind of BL relationship. Somehow a male lead accidentally ends up holding a female lead's underwear when she appears in the scene.
(4) Somehow, the male leads always have godly abs and the hugest hot dogs.
(5) Tsunderes
(6) BDSM
(7) Yanderes. Yanderes. Yanderes.
Examples: Getting abducted and locked up by a yandere (You missed the red flags motherfucker. Blame yourself. XD). A yandere attempting a double suicide with the target of their obsession. "If I can't have your love nobody can!" or "This way we can be together forever, my love. You can't look at anyone else now. I won't allow it." A yandere attempts to murder all love rivals. A high-functioning yandere, who appears to be mentally stable on the outside, but inside they are roiling with deviance.
(8) Bitch in sheep's clothing. This is the character who acts innocent and is perceived as such by EVERYONE, but inside she is a total sly and malicious bitch. This is a real life cliche ... which actually is quite common in reality.
(9) Somehow, the whiny pathetic bitch loser male lead with an penchant for women acquires a harem easily through fated encounters. And if the cliche gets worse, then he fucks everyone!
(10) There seems to be many female childhood friends who are passive AF and never take the initiative to tell their dense AF crush that they have romantic feelings for them, all the while their dense AF crush slowly builds a harem of love rivals without realizing the childhood friend of his, who kindly took care of him for X number of years, wants him to notice her. Notice me senpai.

I want to use some of the cliches posted by people on this thread specifically because they are cliches. One of my characters is pretty meta in my story and they would spazz out from paranoia, while claiming that fate is forcing stupid and unlikely events on them, thus bringing them closer to death.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
ill be the first to say that i love these cliches and as tired as they are, boobie groping is still boobie groping, oneesan melon head drowing is still oneesan melon head drowing, tsundere is tsun, yandere is yan, naked chicks are naked chicks and accidental bath walk-ins and accidental bath walk-ins

yes by the word of the motherfucking lord and savior Rito-kun from to love ru i swear by my degenerate heart i love these cliches

Llamadragon

"Hey we should talk about harem tendencies/kinks/this flaw of mine/the fact that I don't feel comfortable in this situation which is actually deeply disturbing."
"WHAT? NO!"

Llamadragon

I mean they literally never talk it out, you just get 50 chicks following a dude who barely realizability they like him, out of which is at least one tsundere who should be open about her feelings, one yandere who needs to talk with the mc and probably a therapist, and a childhood friend who just needs to say "I like you" already.

Sabruness

Some of these cliches and tropes actually work properly when you dont have a dense protag.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
you just get 50 chicks following a dude who barely realizability they like him, out of which is at least one tsundere who should be open about her feelings, one yandere who needs to talk with the mc and probably a therapist, and a childhood friend who just needs to say "I like you" already.
man these cliches would really work if the mc is a therapist. i mean, look at it in any perspective. anytime bullshit happens he'd sit the chicks down, have a chat and get the confession all before commercial break
Some of these cliches and tropes actually work properly when you dont have a dense protag.
you could actually tell whether the protag is genuinely dense. replace him with a vegetable. does the plot receive any difference? if no then bad news bear would like to have a word with you

Sabruness

you could actually tell whether the protag is genuinely dense. replace him with a vegetable. does the plot receive any difference? if no then bad news bear would like to have a word with you
That's actually pretty genius