Adult tag seems common here.

novaes

I've been confused by this!

I have noticed that a lot of novels here seem to have the Adult tag. Then I started to notice that these same novels appear on other places, like RR, but lack the Adult tag entirely. I can't remember anything specific off the top of my head but I'm 100% certain I've seen it multiple times. Anyway, I'm getting conflicting messages here, and there have been a few novels that look great but I'm hesitating to read them due to their Adult tag since I'm not a fan of how often 'Adult' actually means 'teenage boy's overly detailed wet dream' so much of the time. 🤮

I dunno if I'm the only one who gets turned off by those seemingly abrupt, oftentimes WAY TOO BLOODY LONG sex scenes some authors love. I'm more into explosions and fluff. Different strokes etc.

Pistachio

Hmm, 'adult' can be interpreted differently by different authors but it is usually connected to sexual situations while 'mature' is all about the action and stuff but I could be mistaken.

Why don't you try looking for the content warning, "sexual content", to be sure? As an author, there's a setting where we have to put content warning if the story have sexual content, gore, and/or strong language.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Hmm, 'adult' can be interpreted differently by different authors but it is usually connected to sexual situations while 'mature' is all about the action and stuff but I could be mistaken.

Why don't you try looking for the content warning, "sexual content", to be sure? As an author, there's a setting where we have to put content warning if the story have sexual content, gore, and/or strong language.
I think that's the general view of how to perceive those tags. There's actually another thread like this one that, i think, has a similar answer.

@OP TL;DR: "Adult" tag and "sexual content" content warning is a good sign that there will be sex or things of a sexual nature in a story.