Advance Review

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
The review system needs a rework to incentivize readers to create a review for their favourite stories. The way it is now is not optimal. There is no guide to tell you where it is, and its location is obscure, having to change from Table of the Content page to Review page. The review UI is narrow, uninviting, and is just an annoying ads-like pop-up (and also dark mode review page is still white).

Change its location, make it more visible, visibly inviting, and, if possible, make it a separated page or just a drop-down page. Give more options (not to force them, but as a side dish) for the reviewers: title (or summary), formatting, more types of ratings.

For example, looks at RR's review:
example.PNG

Title to summarize (or give flavour to) the review, advance ratings for those who seriously want to review the story. Though I still think RR's review creation section is too tight and uncomfortable to write a long review on, I believe it can be fixed by expanding it more like one on NU.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I think writing.com has the best system for reviews. You get gift points when you leave a review on someone you have never reviewed before, and authors can send review requests to others in exchange for gift points.