Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Bochi

Dear, Mrs Vicious,
We at the guild thank you for your fast response to the previous guild master’s treaty.

Unfortunately due to unexpected circumstances the previous guildmaster has left his position for the time being. So I, Cassel will be temporarily representing the guild. Please list the terms you have found to be unreasonable. And, if possible the previous contract the previous guildmaster has sent. Since at the moment have no idea what contract the guild master has sent out.

Sincerely, Cassel
OOC: internet died, responses will be slow.
Fragments of Skies and Rivers (CLOSED/ @Bochi @Silver)

'So the previous guildmaster disappeared? I'm not surprised...ahem. Back to the matter at hand, I have included a summary of the original letter, as well as the conditions which I have specified to be accepted or rejected.

Firstly, the basic conditions of footing the bill for construction of the guild building as well as the land upon which it is built. As well as the rewards for posting and completing requests. The shogun has no problems with these.

Secondly, the movement of adventurers between Scribel and Fuyu. I understand that having a path would make it easier to travel, but the Oni are in the way, so a direct route's out. And...a brick road is out of the question. Like, really.

Thirdly, I know that it's lucrative, but asking me to ask Sora for the trade secrets behind their local products is out of the question. Even if I had that information, it won't be going anywhere. Same goes for the detailed reports about the earth vein that flows under Fuyu---that information's not mine to give and it'll stay that way until the Shogun decides otherwise.

Lastly, sorry, but even I won't be supporting any conditions that involve large-scale modification of the land within the Winter City 'for the sake of research and special functions'. It's perfectly nice as it is, and messing around with unknown rituals is exactly how most problems originate. Let's mess around with magic we don't understand, it'll make us all-powerful---yeah, no. That's out of the question.

If you require anything else, temporary Guildmaster, don't hesitate to ask. I'll help to the best of my abilities so long as it doesn't become a problem.'

--- Vicious, Glasgow Gang.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Wondering if Okarin should make trouble (CLOSED)
Meanwhile, Okarin *sneezed* while sitting in their room in Fuyu Machi.

They wondered if they should write a letter back to the guild saying that Vicious was no longer Vicious, and there was an imposter...

:blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil::blob_evil:

Silver

'So the previous guildmaster disappeared? I'm not surprised...ahem. Back to the matter at hand, I have included a summary of the original letter, as well as the conditions which I have specified to be accepted or rejected.

Firstly, the basic conditions of footing the bill for construction of the guild building as well as the land upon which it is built. As well as the rewards for posting and completing requests. The shogun has no problems with these.

Secondly, the movement of adventurers between Scribel and Fuyu. I understand that having a path would make it easier to travel, but the Oni are in the way, so a direct route's out. And...a brick road is out of the question. Like, really.

Thirdly, I know that it's lucrative, but asking me to ask Sora for the trade secrets behind their local products is out of the question. Even if I had that information, it won't be going anywhere. Same goes for the detailed reports about the earth vein that flows under Fuyu---that information's not mine to give and it'll stay that way until the Shogun decides otherwise.

Lastly, sorry, but even I won't be supporting any conditions that involve large-scale modification of the land within the Winter City 'for the sake of research and special functions'. It's perfectly nice as it is, and messing around with unknown rituals is exactly how most problems originate. Let's mess around with magic we don't understand, it'll make us all-powerful---yeah, no. That's out of the question.

If you require anything else, temporary Guildmaster, don't hesitate to ask. I'll help to the best of my abilities so long as it doesn't become a problem.'

--- Vicious, Glasgow Gang.
Hello, Mrs Vicious we have seen the requirements the guild master has put out on the letter and they are indeed quite harsh.

But unfortunately I do not think we are capable enough to send adventurers to support the current situation at Fuyu. Due to our forces being split thin enough as is already we can't afford to spare any adventurers to assist Fuyu in their struggle. Making any kind incentive to convince the guild needed since I am not the only one who has to give approval for this project.

Especially with the reports at moment mentioning oni making them out to be at least an E level threat. Something we can't exactly supply too many to help especially with the current conditions in Gelderholm.

So I offer my apology to you Mrs Vicious, we simply can not afford the cost of establishing a branch at Fuyu at the moment.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely
-Cassel

Last edited:

Leegood

Greeting Heiress of house Orgalla, We the knight order of Orgalla have been sent to your father to find and protect you.
Respond using the code to X54Y35V345 Since we've setup a mailing station there.
The message was sent to the adventurer's guild branches since it was predicted the lady would go to such a fantasy organization first, Though the place the message it ended up going to was in Gelderholm.

Leegood

Learning to heal - Letianna - Closed

I was asking a co-worker half-seriously, half-jokingly if I could learn how to be a healer when the person nodded seriously "The guild needs more healthcare workers, We've been swamped with all the conflict going on right now." And so from that point I always spent a few hours at the guild health clinic being taught simple salves like what Nene taught Leti about the twin flowers, how to efficiently and effectively wrap a wound with as little bandage as possible, Learning how to deal with a few of the more moderate injuries and so forth.

The payment was that I was to dress in a nurse's outfit? and help treat the patients with their illnesses and injuries for at least an hour a day, 3 days a week minimum. I wanted to learn more so I had resigned from some of my other side jobs to immerse myself into learning about being a nurse.

I also started doing 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 squats, and a round of jogging around half of scribble city once every day in the morning, I plan to ramp this up as the days pass by but gradually so I don't become bald.

-
(Patient's POV)

"Ah Miss Leti my leg oh so hurts!"
The nurse nodded and looked at my leg after setting it on the table, "I'll be removing the splinter okay?" I nodded as I looked at the nurse appreciatively "Though how come your getting splinters more often? you should look where your going you know?"

I gave off a silly laugh as she put the salve on the little cut after removing the splinters "Aye I've just been a bit busy" The nurse seemed to nod and spoke "Well I'm done with this, Don't be so careless okay?" She left the room and the evil old man healer entered "What a waste of guild resources, I told you last time as well, but oh well, there will be an extra 10G fee this time." "not 5?" "yep, plus the treatment which brings it up to, let's see, 15G"

"Nooooooooooo~ I just wanted to look at a cute nurse~!"
The healer only smiled while waving his hand forward.

Fossil

Mafia Addict
Reeling away from my quest giver, I decided to search for someone who might be able to help me convince Basilgaraad as to why a trade route with the forest is a good idea. I myself don't know why only that in my previous plane plenty of...unsavory people liked to come in and kill my friends. From what they told me, it was to sell them off at a city. Of course, that's second-hand knowledge due to my lack of knowledge of the common language.

Which also makes it hard to find anyone who would be able to help me...

After finishing this nice talk, Manyvat Adruo looked up at the ceiling before playing with a coin and wondering about what he should do. While checking quest reports seemed like a good way to receive enough information for him to form a plan.

That is something he did not wish to accomplish yet. If there is no alternatives, he shall do so. Nonetheless, what did he know about this city's institutions? Not much. Perhaps there is another way to gather these. The only thing he needed was to wander in the streets and find out what intrigues him.

A sigh escaped his mouth as he bumped into someone in the tavern. A lady with fiery hair, more or less in an odd sylvan cloth accompanied with a scent of soil. Who was he to judge someone's outfit anyway? Whoever she was-- manners take priority.

"I apologize for bumping into you."

"Hm?" I respond, unsure of what was said to me. I turn around, seeing who bumped me. What I saw...scared me. A man was looking at me, or at least I assumed he was. His face was covered by a mask, with his eyes being shaded by a triangular black hat. He wore a dark green cloak, covering his body even more. Everything about him told me to run away, which I was about to until Hana leapt onto him, grabbing at his cloak.

Seeing such, I shout in Sylvan, "Hana! What are you doing?!" I quickly say to the man, "I'm sorry, Hana just seems to not like you." Of course, I don't mention the chills I'm getting from him either. I may not know who he is or his background, but I didn't want to take chances on getting on his bad side.

'That is not a language I know. Does that mean that--'
Was it the case? Why would she even be here if she could not speak a common language? Assuming she is here-- she is likely now an adventurer. Then how did she even get registered? How did she come to know the existence of an institution named the Adventurer's Guild? In any case-- these questions cannot be answered if he does not switch to any language. Let's see. Considering her outfit, the red fox named-- Hana. At least, that is what he understood. Better than nothing he supposed. What kind of language could he speak to get himself understood?

While doing so, the merchant rubbed the tip of his mask and stared at the lady who replied to him. Honestly, while the fox grabbed his clothes. It was not even his own clothes-- neither could they really be damaged as far as he knew.

"Mmm, let's try something in another language then." Although, since he wished to have a bit of fun. He decided to speak Demonic-- secretly hoping that she would not understand what he will say at this instant. "Well then, can you understand what I am saying now?"

Seeing him mutter something to himself, I assumed he didn't understand me. Just as I was about to try and change to a different language to address him, I heard a low, deep wail come from his mouth, followed by some shrieking too. It felt ominous, almost as if I was going to be dragged down to the depths of hell just by listening to it. Fearful of how horrid he sounded, I quickly started asking him in the Primordial tongue, "Ah! Stop stop stop stop stop! Whatever you're trying to summon, it's probably going to kill us all! So please, stop!"

During that time, Hana also scurried over to my feet in fear of the man, grabbing hold of my left leg to keep herself up. It was at that time that I noticed eerie darkness starting to surround the man and I. Was he trying to kidnap me? I desperately wanted to cast detect magic at the moment, but I already spent all of my mana for the day, leaving myself in a dangerous situation. What's more, is that everyone else seemed to be under some sort of spell to not even notice what's happening! I couldn't even call for help in this state!

Indeed. Speaking in that language was, in fact, a good decision. The merchant could not help but laugh as he fiddled his hands together. Although that was not polite. Since it permitted him to chuckle, showing such an insight personality was worth it, he supposed. In any case, he cleared his throat and then wondered what language he should try now. Try with another worrisome one, or? Questions remained. Just last time, and if she understands, so be it! If she doesn't, laughter shall be!

"Mmmmm. I need to get this right... one... two... three."

After this sentence, still spoken in Demonic, the merchant switched to Draconic that he learnt a long time ago in his childhood. When he heard stories of how dragons hoarded treasures like how a lord gathers heirs and heiresses for the sake of establishing relationships with other counties. After all, his dream was to become a successful merchant-- how could he not try to speak Draconic when Dragons probably have unmeasurable treasures?

"Once upon a time, I believed that men could make out peace if they understood each other, but alas-- Whatever, since it is unlikely that you will understand me. I suppose that I should just stop having fun and speak another language, one that you may understand... I may as well apologize to you once again."

"I...er...what?" I said, also speaking in Draconic. I was also wondering why he knew Draconic, but after that language, I'm not terribly surprised that he knows it. However, that begs the question, would he be able to help me with the dragon? All that needs to happen is that he needs to know some merchant skills, but anything is better than mine.

"Uh...you're forgiven? I guess?" I still don't know if I should trust him, though. He did scare Hana, after all. "You are...?" Learning their name should be safe at least, right?

"That is... surprising, I suppose. Mmmm... yet… there is no draconic signs so far."

Dragons in disguise? Unlikely. They would at the very least know how to speak Common despite enmity. In any case, after sorting his thoughts and putting everything into place. The merchant introduced himself, holding his hand on his chest while the other was behind his back.

"Excuse me for my rudeness-- my name is Manyvat Adruo. While it may not look to be the case due to my current outfit and my lack of belongings and products, I used to be a tradesman before coming into this world if I may say so." At some point, he had to accept it as an axiom. Whether that was the case or not, he should hold it as true as any kind of scholar would do, so their theses can make some sense. "I do hope I have not offended you by accidentally scaring you."

"No signs of draconic...? Never mind that. My name is Lily. No surname or such as I grew up in a forest, and raised by the animals that live there." Okay, he at least seems friendly. Still, was scaring me truly an accident? "You're forgiven, then. Though, what do you mean by a tradesman? Were you a merchant in the past?"

I'm also a bit curious about what brought him here. I can only hope it's not a reason like mine. Oh! Right! I forgot to introduce Hana! Ah, but he looks like he's about to speak. I should hold off for a bit.

"Mmm. Lily? Noted." After recording that name into his memories, Adruo planned to reply to her question. Although his eyes were attracted by the little red fox. He needed a few seconds before speaking. Still in Draconic which was a bit of a bother-- but, at the very least, they were able to communicate this way.

"And yes, I was a merchant by the past. Before coming here that is. Since i replied to this question, I will ask you one-- why did you ask that?" It was likely that he did not need to ask her. She would probably explain on her own as it seemed that she was searching for a merchant. In any case, that was an especially lucky coincidence for her. Although, rather troublesome for him-- he did need to go around the city.

"Ah...well...I'm needing help with negotiating a trade route with a dragon in the forest," I said nervously. I mean, how are you supposed to say that with a straight face? "I don't have any experience with negotiating, however, I believe it's definitely worthwhile for both the dragon and Scribel."

"A... dragon?" Indeed, it was rather hard to believe. While that may explain why she could speak Draconic. Why would there be a dragon nearby? On top of that, negotiating for a trade route? It would mean that the Dragon is beside a path frequented by merchants?

"Are you sure it is a dragon?" Nonetheless, whatever that is. Manyvat should be able to help, there may even be rewards for him, which would be appreciated for sure. Plus, he would be able to check whether he speaks Draconic properly or not. As, despite speaking the language, he never met any dragon.

"...actually, whatever that is. That should be my field of expertise. May you explain everything from the start? For example, where is the dragon?"

"Uh...well, I was doing a quest to find gather some Silverface Spider spider silk. They're found in the forest to the north. While I was looking for them, I stumbled upon a green dragon named Basilgaraad. I got into a conversation for him about negotiating how I would be able to get a place to live in the forest. Of course, I'm asking his permission because he rules over the forest and...oh, gosh, I'm rambling, aren't I?" Taking a deep breath, I continue.

"Basically, I offered to try to help set up a trade route with him and Scribel in exchange for a place to stay. However, he wanted me to come back when I was able to properly negotiate with him, hence why I'm looking for a merchant for help. Of course, the person who sets it up would have a huge monopoly on the resources of the forest, but the problem is finding someone who's able to speak Draconic as well."

Pausing to catch my breath, I finally say, "Which is why I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me?"

Once he heard that it was possible to have a monopoly on the forest's resources, whether that is true or not did matter. The question now was-- how to obtain that monopoly and thus please the dragon? How would a trade route bring profits to the dragon as well? What are its goals?

Unfortunately, it was impossible to anticipate until he met it. In any case-- "At first, since I thought it would be risky. I would have done it only if you provided me with a reward but... the word monopoly is too appealing for me to ignore it. I do not even feel like asking anything anymore."

After making his point and clearing his throat, the merchant's pupils probed into Lily's eyes, wondering whether she was trying to trick him or not. Was it worth a gamble? Of course, it was! "Be it as it may... I do hope that my Draconic and experience shall be enough to deal properly with this situation. I accept to help you."

"Alright. Are you prepared to head out now, or do you need time to prepare?" Did he accept? ...Well, he may be scary, but that's probably the kind of person you need to help negotiate with a dragon, right? What could go wrong!

"We can go right now. I need to satisfy my curiosity now. Of course, you lead the way." It felt necessary to go there right now. As if a little voice was whispering in his ears, urging to go there and discover what he can seize and sell, to regain his past glory. For sure-- he did not wish to stay without a stable income for too long. If he could, at the very least, own any kind of home, that would be perfect.

"Alright. Follow me!" I said, heading out the door of the guildhall, but not before grabbing some fresh fish on our way out. As a druid, I had a very keen sense of the environment and could help us navigate straight to the forest without any detours. But then I'd miss out on all of the animals and beasts along the way! Which is why I made sure to stop by any that weren't too far out of the way. Like a griffon. They're not the most friendly, but they're not evil either! Plus they're extremely cuddly when you get to know them better!

Now this one was circling high above us as we were heading to the forest. They tend to fly a ways away from their nest in search of food, especially over forests and plains instead of the mountainous cliffs they call home. Naturally, we weren't targets for food, but I had a plan to fix that.

Grabbing the fish, I threw it up while screaming in griffon, "Hey, I want to talk to you! There's more fish for you if you do!" Hopefully, that'd be enough to get its attention.

Following her closely, Manyvat simply looked around and wondered how was she able to wander with such ease. Nonetheless, it was probably in her nature as-- since she does not speak common languages, she must have lived in such environments her whole life. In any case, while he was initially surprised. Now, his muscles were contracting, his mouth contorted, his pace slowed down as a witness of her actions. Looking up, there was one of these beasts circling around, one that was always avoided for the sake of trade routes-- usually in his previous world. Yet, Lily just grabbed fish and called out to the flying griffon.

'Is she really calling one..? Mmmm, that should not be dangerous, right..? I should ask in case anything goes wrong.'

Clearing his throat as the monster above, progressively, seemed to go down little by little, the merchant, with a dubious trust in Lily's attitude, voiced his thoughts after a dozen of seconds. "Is it not dangerous to call out one of these? As far as I know, while they do not mind passerby, they tend not to appreciate when any creature is coming close to their home."

As the griffon slowly flies down, I respond, "What, you don't trust me? Besides! It's just a griffon! Give them enough food and they're just a giant pile of feathers and love! Well, at least that's how it was on my plane. But they can't be that different, right?" Soon the griffon flew close enough so that I could speak normally.

"Hi there! What's your name?" I said, throwing it another fish. It squawked out its name at me before happily eating the fish. Turning to Manyvat, I said, "See? It's perfectly fine!"

"If I did not see your attitude when calling out to the griffon, I would have already left. I trust your-- gestures rather than you. It has not even been a day since we met after all." That was a bit of a lie. Even if they knew each other for over a year, Manyvat would not be able to trust her. Nonetheless, his eyes proved to him what could be trusted. And that was indeed her abilities. When he saw the griffon goes down, a shifty smile could have worn his visage if no mask had been applied with his consent.

"That is... impressive. And.. uh, I assume you want to ride on it to get to the dragon, right?" Hardly believing his own words, a sigh escaped the trader's mouth. In fact, he was hoping for the dragon to be both true or false. If that is true, then, it is a potential danger to the surroundings, if that is false, he will be greatly disappointed. However, he would have discovered a new means of transport thanks to Lily.

In both cases-- profits could be found.

"Well, we can certainly do that. I mainly just wanted to feed a griffon, though," I said, looking at Manyvat. "Mostly because griffons aren't the most cooperative unless you raise them from an egg. Sure they're friendly when you feed them, but they're also extremely prideful and need a bit of coaxing. If you wish, though, we can spend a bit of time trying to calm the griffon down to try and ride it?"

'Do it!', a little voice kept telling him. However, that was hardly a good idea. What if an error was made and someone falls over the griffon and crushes their bodies against the tree? Nevertheless, before rejecting an idea, trying to see its possibilities and thus its uses is necessary to judge properly the situation.

"...Well, I am willing to try. Although, if it is too risky, I would prefer that we stop right away." Unless it endangers your life and reduces the chances of one of them surviving.

"I mean, it's not too risky. We just need to make sure the griffon stays happy." Saying that my dragonmark started glowing on my right hand as I attempted to use the Animal Friendship spell...but the griffon shook off the spell without even glancing at me.

"...Well, this is going to be harder than I thought." Sighing, I started a quick negotiation with the griffon, trying to persuade him to come with us. He agreed, but he said he wanted more fish as he squawked at me. A bit annoyed that they were all going to be used upon one griffon, I tried to tell him that he already got plenty. Foolishly, it believed me, and allowed us to fly on his back to the dragon! I'd need more time to properly tame him, but for now, this is a good start.

"Okay, he's agreed to take us. I'll need more time to properly tame the griffon, but we've shaved off a good chunk of time with this." Saying that, I straddle the griffon and wait on Manyvat to follow suit.

'Will it really work..? It feels too easy...' What is the worst that could happen anyway-- Dying, likely. That is fine, he already went through that once, supposedly. A second time would not hurt as much, will it? After warding off all of these thoughts out of his mind, the merchant slowly approached the griffon and first poked it to see what reactions it would provide him. It just turned its head, stared at his mask and then looked away, likely waiting for him to get on so it could fly and get to the dragon.

A sigh escaped the adventurer's mouth as he really had no choice but to saddle on the griffon? And thus, he did so. Obviously--

"Excuse me." Getting behind Lily, his arms hugged Lily as tightly as it could without hurting her. Of course-- he was scared of falling down, so holding the... tamer seemed like a good idea. "Let's... get going I suppose..?"

"Yep! Appa, yip yip!" That's what the griffon said his name was, at least. Once I did, he started flapping his wings slowly until we were up in the air. He obviously had a lot of strength, but as a consequence of our weight, we didn't have much speed. It still beat walking, though, and that's the most important part.

Having a bit of fun with the wind caressing my cheeks and blowing my hair behind me, I decided to look behind me to see how Manyvat was taking all of this.

Adruo was not taking this well. While inside, he was deeply worried, he tried to keep his calm as much as possible. Luckily, her hair seemed to cover his view. And thus, his eyes were unable to see what could have been the straw that broke that camel's back.

"...how lo... I mean... how long are we gonna stay up there... I am getting stressed, you see." If they fall, Manyvat would make sure to put his head forward, to end this quickly. Anxiety was creeping in his bones as his legs kept trembling.

"Hm...probably another half hour? The forest is still pretty far, even at these speeds." Seeing his legs trembling, I had to suppress a laugh. After all, who wouldn't laugh at someone they found scary shivering due to a high altitude! They were maybe only a hundred feet up, anyway! Worst that could happen is a broken bone or two. Nothing that couldn't be fixed up by a cleric or priest in a day or two!

...Then again, this is a different plane of existence, so maybe they do get killed from a small drop like this.

"...ah. Well then, is that fine if I hold you tighter in the meantime..?"
While these words left his mouth, his thoughts already commanded his body and thus-- he was already holding her much tighter than before. Fortunately, he had not much strength. Trying to feel less uneasy, the merchant closed his eyes and decided to ignore every sensation he could feel and simply think about something else such as--

--the possible profits he could get from opening a trade route.

"Mm, sure. Though I don't see why. Most people would survive a fall from here, after all. At least where I come from." Sure, most of the people I knew were able to see the future, summon monstrosities, reap souls, and more...but it couldn't be that different from others' homes, right? Well, aside from the way it ended.

"...Most people would die with half that height..." That was Manyvat's comment on the situation. For sure, nobody would survive a fall from such a height due to either the shock or the injuries they would sustain. Of course, his eyes stayed shut while he quietly hoped that they would arrive soon and no accident happens on the way.

"Eh? Half this height? Even a goblin boss has a fifty-fifty chance of coming out of the fall conscious, and even if they don't they'll only be unconscious! How frail are people here?" Am I the strange one? I don't think I am. I'm only raised in a forest, after all.

"Frail? People are just normal unlike you... And what is even a goblin boss..." Instead of feeling scared, now his heart slowly began to feel at ease. As for why? That is pretty simple. The lack of common sense that girl had, as well of her words about the place she came from, bewildered him and simply made it so questionable that he could almost forget the situation he was in.

"Seriously. Even if someone survives from this fall, their legs would break, their wounds would infect, and they would die..."

"...Eh? Really? I thought that only happened to wizards who didn't bother to cast Feather Fall... Weird plane this is, I tell you." Seriously, didn't everyone at least have a Feather Fall spell scroll if not another way to avoid damage when falling? It's not even that expensive of a spell scroll, though for here it is. It's nearly a whole week's wages! But then again, by the time people do start flying it's not much at all! I'm not the one who's strange!

"You're the weird one... hahaha."

Afterwards, the merchant only let out a small laugh. It seems that some, while they came from another world, it was one which the average power of the average man seemed to be way higher for sure! Otherwise, there would be no such confusion. In any case, the previous terror he felt had completely faded away for now.

Manyvat even thought about speaking in Demonic tongue just to scare her. Although, that would be a pretty bad decision. Thus, he shall not do it till they're on the soil.

"In any case... are we soon there-- I think I begin to have cramps now!"
The merchant was in a much more cheerful mood by then. The fact that he could have disappeared from the surface of the earth made the situation quite grim. However, now, it did not seem so dangerous. Wasn't the flight pretty steady?

'Okay, calm down... you're not safe yet, just continue to hold on her~'
Yet he did know his temper and his tendency to take things lightly once they begin to go well. Immediately, it seemed his voice lowered until it became quiet.

"Mm...about fifteen more minutes?" Ignoring the comment about me being the weird one, I wondered why he's so impatient. Even if he did fall, the griffon could always swoop down to pick him up. I did think about having the griffon fly upside down to scare him...but I'm not that mean! Honestly, why couldn't he be as well-behaved as Hana? She's just curled around my neck like always, licking her paws as we fly through the air.

Oh well. I'll just need to make sure that Manyvat never lives this down!

"Gah. A bit too long to my taste, I already miss the soil!" Trying to keep an ironic all along the conversation to push away the sense of reality, Manyvat was still trying to keep his mind busy. Topics away from flight and such, thinking about the trade work did not work anymore as griffons could be considered as a 'reliable' means of transport. Thus, he began thinking about what kind of products were present in the forest-- likely, most are unknown. Who would approach a dragon after all?

--except that crazy girl whose name is Lily.

"Mm, well the air is nice too~!" As I say that, I let go of the griffon for a bit to stretch my arms out to feel the breeze even more. It felt nice, and the sun shining down on my face was so warm. If I didn't have somewhere I needed to go, I'd definitely fall asleep like this. Maybe when I can Wild Shape again I'll do that.

"Oi oi oi, don't stretch your arms, just keep holding the griffon while I am holding you!" Basically, let's not change position until the griffon landed on the soil, nearby the dragon's lair where they will finally be able to start dealing with it regarding the trade route. The merchant still needed to think about what kind of things a dragon would like. However, the current situation did not allow him to run his mind properly.

"Haa, fine." Saying so, I once again held onto the griffon as we continued flying to the dragon. It was rather boring since I wasn't allowed to make any detours or have fun. I definitely need to learn how to wild shape again soon.

Since she decided to listen to him. His worries felt lighter and his mind quickly thought about what could the dragon wishes for. Or what it could "need" after listening to them-- as it owned the forest, it was likely that-- only manufactured goods could feel attracted to it. However, it needed to be investigated in-depth. It was not impossible for the dragon to desire something else, both of them simply needed to think about it.

While he was thinking of what they could use to trick the dragon into negotiating with them the trade route, it seemed that the griffon began descending and they soon were to land on the earth that Manyvat dearly missed.

Reaching the ground, I tossed Appa one more fish before walking towards the dragon. It was still another ten-minute walk, but I couldn't risk the griffon being eaten by Basilgaraad. Still, I had to at least turn around to make sure Manyvat was still following me.

"Never again shall I find believers silly!"

Immediately when his knees reached the ground-- yes his knees, Manyvat joined his hands together and seemed to be thanking some kind of entity. Likely overjoyed to have reached the ground without harm. In any case, he needed this "prayer" by kissing the ground once or twice before standing up and-- right.

"Ooops, I gotta hurry." That would be a pity to be left behind when they finally landed, when he could, at last, feel safe and sound. Everything would have been for naught as-- he did not know how to get back to Scribel City. Fortunately, it seemed like she hadn't gone too far, likely only some dozens of feet away from him. And thus he began to trot towards her for the sake of following her to the dragon.

--to face danger again, unfortunately.

Still waiting, I decided to play a harmless prank on Manyvat by using my Druidcraft to create the faint smell of a skunk right in the surroundings of Manyvat. It's not a very big effect, as it barely takes a step to escape it, but it's still enough to get someone to clench their nose in disgust usually. I used to play pranks like this all the time on the animals living with me, and as such I know it's harmless~ Unless he's allergic to magic, that is...

Smelling a horrible scent which came out of nowhere, Manyvat's face twisted as he took a step back and wondered where it comes from. However, once he receded, the smell faded like it never existed. Unsure about what it was-- he let out a sigh and established some conclusions. It must have come from a plant? Or someone could have provoked it.

That certain person could be-- his eyes, as sharp as a blade, stared at Lily and at that same moment, the merchant spoke in Demonic tongue. "Curses!"

Hearing more of the wretched language that Manyvat spoke, I quickly switched my Druidcraft to make the sound of a small animal walking behind him. I then started petting Hana to calm her down, while staring right at Manyvat. Honestly, who knows what he might attract with that kind of language!

"Huh... so it's not you." Thinking that scent came from the animal that came nearby-- or at least, he could only hear it. A small sigh escaped Manyvat's mouth as he continued to walk towards-- actually, his legs just kept following Lily until they arrive to the dragon.

"Mmmmm... I wonder how a dragon would react to Demonic language..."

"...Go ahead, but I'm standing behind you if you want to ask him." I say as I walk further along to meet Basilgaraad. Hopefully, he'll be in and not hunting. Actually, I should probably make sure we're heading to him. Thinking so, I quietly cast Locate Plants and Animals to find the dragon and turned slightly to the left. It wasn't much of a turn now, but later on we would have had to do a lot of travelling.

As long as there was no flying, Manyvat was ready to walk for hours and hours. And thus all he did was following Lily until they arrive.

A short ten-minute walk later, and I found myself face to face with Basilgaraad once more. Bowing slightly before him, I began speaking in Draconic. "Hello once again, O Ancient One. I have come once more, this time with someone more knowledgeable on trade than I." After speaking, I motioned towards Manyvat to speak.

Seeing the dragon that was in front of him, Manyvat began to feel worried-- negotiating with such a massive creature? It was easy to feel the shadow of death looming on him, ready to reap his life anytime. Likely, his legs could have been trembling-- but these were not, instead his heartbeat kept accelerating, his voice was on the verge of being shaky-- but little by little, it stabilised, trying to focus his spirit on the-- commerce. He was partially successful.

"G-Good…. morning, I am named Manyvat… Manyvat Adruo... while I am knowledgeable on economic matters... Even the wisest sage cannot do anything if no information is given to him."

Far from being the wisest, the merchant came to approach the most important matter in this deal to him. While, at first, he was planning to ask what does the dragon own and can provide. However, when considering that the whole forest was Basilgaraad's-- he did not need to know anything specific, there would be something that will bring profits to him. For sure.

"What do you think you're lacking? Not only in terms of belongings but anything. Be it living beings or knowledge."

"Mm...I'm not lacking anything in particular. If I was, though, it'd have to be cute little maidens coming straight into my claws." Basilgaraad said, with a slight amount of vibrant green flames coming from the edges of his maw. "You see, ever since I took over, no one's really come to visit me save...you two."

"Mmmmm. So-- you lack people in general?" That is actually a fair point. Who would come here and speak to a dragon except for guys with something missing in their head? Likely Lily. And unfortunately, him as well as he accepted her proposal, didn't he? A sigh escaped his mouth as he wondered about what he could draw out from this.

"... what if we brought people here and made them construct a tribe..." A tribe that would venerate the dragon and turn this place into a settlement? That sounds like a difficult issue, perhaps even impossible, as well in terms of transport but also-- morals as well. The latter can be temporarily excluded from the equation. Nonetheless--

"What about... manufactured products? Such as... mmmm. Alcohol, drugs, tobacco... and perhaps dice games, card games, board games or such." Remembering the games he played at the tavern in his previous world, he wondered whether there were equivalent of these in this world or not.

"Hm, I haven't had any good ale in a long time. However...what are these games you speak of?" Frowning a bit in confusion, Basilgaraad questioned Manyvat. Perhaps he's been living in seclusion for so long that he hasn't been paying attention to mankind's progress in entertainment.

Manyvat then proceeded to explain the rules of a game he often played-- Fox and Geese. Although with some flaws as he had always played the one-player variation of it. Afterwards, he explained the Nine Men's Morris and wondered what the dragon thought of it.

Every time his mind felt hazy, he would play this type of game, forcing himself to stay awake but also for his thoughts to stay active. Since one of his most dreadful fear was losing, his senses would sharpen and he would try to think about how he should complete the game the quickest possible. As shameful as it could be, he never had the time to play with someone else.

However, the merchant allowed himself to comment on his own words.

"However, that is not a fair exchange. You need people to play those games with. You could play alone, but at some point-- you would stop after some weeks."

"Hm...a trade route through the forest in exchange for ale and games. I suppose it'll work, provided you send people to play games with me." Basilgaraad said. It was an interesting prospect for sure. "Mayhaps you could bring a sample of said games for me before I decide, though?"

"Indeed... that is an issue we will be facing-- people. Compared to it, games and alcohol is a problem easily solved." Commenting on such an issue, Manyvat wondered what kind of people could be brought to the forest to settle them and play with the dragon-- not many, that would be a short... no a medium-term solution. So far, the people who could be brought are slaves and orphans. Both require something specific, is that they have nothing that attaches them to their past.

For example, a slave ripped out of their lands and know that he will be unable to go back there will be more submissive than others. He needs no affective ties as well. Somehow, these people could be compared to the otherworlders-- no family, no friend, nothing tying them to their previous world.

In any case-- another solution would be attracting people to the forest, but what could attract them? The forest's products? People living with a dragon (albeit unwillingly)? How long this process would take? There were many unstable factors. It also a rather... unique request.

"Ah yes, and we will bring you back the games for you to test it. I have dozens of them in mind, there ought to be at the very least four that you will like."

“Mm, very well. I’m planning on hunting soon, so perhaps have it ready in...say, one week from now?” Basilgaraad said.

Stepping in before Manyvat tried negotiating the time, I said, “Sure! That works great for us! Thank you so much for your time, Great Old One!” I didn’t want to be around when he went...hunting. And the longer we stayed, the greater the danger he posed us. Thus, I started heading back towards Appa. Hopefully, Manyvat will follow me.

Seeing that Lily seemed to be hurried and did not wish to stay longer next to Basilgaraad, Manyvat let out a sigh and followed her. Getting back home was a priority, they would need to establish a plan later on. But in more quiet circumstances-- staying here would likely wreck their nerves.

'Let's go.', telling that to himself, the merchant thought that he would need to know more about the people from the low-class, slaves and such type of person. Likely, he would need to travel to the Spire Reef to know more about these-- although, slaves could likely be crossed out of the list.

Walking along with the clearing, I threw the griffon a fish once more before straddling it, waiting for Manyvat to follow suit.

"You know what? I think I prefer being flying on a griffon that could let me go anytime than facing a dragon ever again..." And thus, Manyvat joined Lily on the griffon, hoping that it would fly away from this land as quickly as possible.

“So does that mean I shouldn’t ask for dragon eggs to hatch and raise?” I inquired as we flew closer to the city. It would probably be nearly an hour before we landed due to the travel time to get to the griffon before. Not to mention they also had to stop before the city to avoid suspicion.

"That dragon is... lonely I guess. So if you ask for its offspring, if it does have any-- you can guess, that's not gonna go well!" In any case, now, all they had to do was to walk to the city. Finally, while this trip did not last a day. It felt terribly long as if weeks passed in a few hours.

“Even if it doesn’t go well, it would still be fun to help raise a dragon!” Who said that we had to do it full-time? Maybe the dragon needs some help every now and then!

"Just be sure that... once you decide to do that to never approach me again. I do not wish to be part of the collateral damages you see." Common sense was what she was lacking, definitively. Nonetheless, Manyvat just kept walking towards the city and now had a few questions regarding the dragon. Wondering whether it noticed or simply ignored it. Whatever that is--everything went well.

"In any case, have any idea about how we're gotta make this deal a long-term investment? Games, alcohol and such are not enough to please the dragon. We need to bring people to it. Likely, with people 'round it, when it will be boring, we will be long gone."

Hopefully, Lily would understand what was the predicament-- how would they bring people? And then, try to come up with an answer.

"Hm...how to make it a long-term investment? Well, from what I know, elves are the most likely to settle down in a forest without destroying it. However, we could also commission some dwarves to build a sort of underground building for people to live. Or, even better, we could turn it into a sort of resort, with elvish architecture above and dwarven abodes below. It would allow us to bring in ales, beverages, and more from both kin, along with heritage. The only problem is...do they exist here?"

I wonder if I rambled too much. I'd often heard stories of dwarves and elves, along with their beautiful cities. It would be beautiful to get to see both in one place.

"Good question-- Dwarves exist for sure, in the North in Gelderholm? I am unsure about the name. I was not particularly interested... but then, you forgot to consider something- the cost. Do you think we, two mere adventurers, have enough funds to do such a thing? Of course not. That's why we need... to find alternatives."

Unsure whether that would be a good idea to speak about it with her or not, Manyvat let out a sigh and scratched his head before opening his mouth. Leaving out the more-- sensitive topics, or so he thought.

"Take advantage of people's situations, more particularly, the poor ones. We would need to strike another deal with the dragon-- to nourish them either. Because we don't have the funds to do that, do we?"

"Hm...take advantage of the situation, huh?" I said out loud while thinking. What would we be able to do lure people into settling in the forest? Surely there was a treasure that the dragon was hiding, but he's our business partner. No, instead we should think about what would the two races get out of it. Dwarves would love it if there were precious resources to be mined, whereas elves prioritized fairies and nature spirits. Those would take time to get information on, as well as money. Right now we can't exactly afford to get someone to prospect the forest for good ores, and I'm not able to sense many forest spirits now either.

Instead, we should focus on what to do temporarily, such as the staff for the resorts. For that, people who don't have a job might be best... In that case, why not just hire some adventurers? They don't stay long, sure, but they'll be good security for a small amount of money. Still, that's not possible without money in the first place, which we don't have. No, instead, we should focus on orphans and such who have no food or home. Offering them shelter and some goodberries for food should do for now. Thinking such, I responded to Manyvat.

"Indeed. Orphans and the impoverished make for a good starting place. I can offer them food in the form of goodberries for now. I can create ten a day, and each one can sustain a person for a whole day. While I do that, we could be working on a farm for them, which would be able to be turned into a staple of the forest if we're skilled enough. Of course, it will require the dragon's approval like you said. We could focus on that while he's distracted with the game. Which would be its own set of difficulties to make, but I can leave that to you. Instead, I'll go around looking for young ones?" I decided to talk about my other plans later when we've finalized our next step, so as to pace ourselves better.

Hearing her-- ability regarding goodberries, Manyvat became thrilled. Would it not solve the whole situation? Even if they took the indigent ones to Basilgaraad, they would not have been able to nourish them. However, thanks to Lily's ability, they do not need to worry about such a thing as food. They can solely focus on the plan. Nothing more, nothing else. Is that not perfection?

Nonetheless, they will do it in another way--

"We need the dragon's approval, explain to him why we wish to bring people to him. As long as he can understand that it will relieve him from his boredom, he would likely accept. Bringing people behind his back? That is nothing else but suicidal, incurring his wrath is the like thing we would like to do. No matter what we do, as long as it does not upset him and that we obtain his approval, we can do it."

At the end of the day... "The most important thing is-- How patient can Basilgaraad be? How long will he be able to bear with our plans? Will he wait till the end or get bored with our shenanigans and wipe us out? We cannot know how a dragon who lived centuries think. Thus, we have to avoid risks as much as possible. Even if the situation becomes increasingly difficult."

"That...is true. We'll definitely want to find a means of insurance. Perhaps hire a great wizard or warrior to protect Scribel. However, we cannot do now. First, we should worry about making the games. I can scout for potential personnel instead, and we'll only finalize it once we get Basilgaraad's approval." It's a bit of a stretch, but it may be worth doing.

"Lastly, this doesn't need to be the end of our venture. The dragon probably doesn't get welcomed into places very often. We could use that to our advantage by bringing in many different races, rich with culture and stories, to enrapture the dragon's attention. Dwarves crave ores and smelting, all while living underground. Elves like the natural spirits and open spaces. We can definitely bring them in provided I invite nature spirits and you find someone to prospect the forest for ores. We could also probably find some other races willing to live here, such as beastmen. Of course, that's not for the future. First and foremost is making the games. If you need some materials, feel free to hit me up."

"Mm, for sure, however, those plans are still far-away. We will only be able to accomplish those only by succeeding our initial projects: games and indigents-- as for the games themselves, I just need wood and a carving knife. These are enough to make most of the games I thought of."

After having this fruitful talk, Manyvat's eyes looked forward to the future. Many opportunities awaited. Dwarves could be picked up the same way as the indigents, but instead, they had to travel to Genderhorm then come back here. Nonetheless as for now, all he wished for was to rest. Yes, simply rest. This day has been a bit too eventful.

"We should soon arrive at Scribel City... in any case, I am looking forward to our partnership. Although-- I will still appreciate if we could avoid flying on a griffon."

“Hmm...so you’re not wanting to fly on a griffon? Then let’s try for a hippogriff next time!” They’re basically the same thing, but he doesn’t have to know that. Oh! It looks like we’re just about at the city.

“Guess we’ll be landing soon. Thanks for the help, and hit me up if you need anything.”

"That's not what I meant!" Feeling urge to facepalm, Manyvat let out a sigh and decided to bid goodbye before becoming more exhausted due to her-- follies. "Oh well... see ya in less than a week I suppose?"

“Yep! See ya in less than a week!”

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
The Morning After [1] (Closed) (@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Having sat on her bed for the entire night, Liana was aroused from her deep thoughts when dawn broke. Thinking about the teenager in the living room, she got dressed and headed into the room next door. Seeing the girl sleeping soundly with drool oozing out of her open mouth, Liana smiled gently - a little amused by the sight - and felt relieved that the girl seemed okay after the night before. Stroking the girl's head, she decided she'd start making amends straight away and so headed into the kitchen and began making breakfast for the girl. She decided to make a full cooked breakfast and leave the leftovers for Julrik and Till once they woke up.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 116]

[OOC: Sorry for the delay, food was ready before I got to post it.
>w<]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [1] (Closed) (@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Having sat on her bed for the entire night, Liana was aroused from her deep thoughts when dawn broke. Thinking about the teenager in the living room, she got dressed and headed into the room next door. Seeing the girl sleeping soundly with drool oozing out of her open mouth, Liana smiled gently - a little amused by the sight - and felt relieved that the girl seemed okay after the night before. Stroking the girl's head, she decided she'd start making amends straight away and so headed into the kitchen and began making breakfast for the girl. She decided to make a full cooked breakfast and leave the leftovers for Julrik and Till once they woke up.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 116]

[OOC: Sorry for the delay, food was ready before I got to post it.
>w<]

X
The Morning After [2] (Closed) @Nahrenne

I blinked my eyes open as I looked around the house "excuse me? Miss Liana? Where am I?" I relaxed on the couch while remembering last night

I sniffed the tasty smell coming out of the kitchen "ah? What's cooking?"

Last edited:

Nahrenne

The Morning After [1] (Closed) @Nahrenne

I blinked my eyes open as I looked around the house "excuse me? Miss Liana? Where am I?" I relaxed on the couch while remembering last night

I sniffed the tasty smell coming out of the kitchen "ah? What's cooking?"
The Morning After [3] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Hearing Letianna's voice, Liana began plating up the food and placed it on the table before entering the living room and smiling gently at the teenager.

"Good morning, Miss Letianna! You're in the house I'm living in with Hejlikka and her brother and I was cooking you some breakfast. You lost a lot of blood last night and so you need to eat a lot to keep up your strength."

She then headed back into the kitchen and sat opposite the position she'd placed the food at, resting her head in her hands with a bright and welcoming smile on her face.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 102]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [3] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Hearing Letianna's voice, Liana began plating up the food and placed it on the table before entering the living room and smiling gently at the teenager.

"Good morning, Miss Letianna! You're in the house I'm living in with Hejlikka and her brother and I was cooking you some breakfast. You lost a lot of blood last night and so you need to eat a lot to keep up your strength."

She then headed back into the kitchen and sat opposite the position she'd placed the food at, resting her head in her hands with a bright and welcoming smile on her face.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 102]

X
The Morning After [4] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

I tilted my head thinking about what happened last night though with the food in front of me I happily spoke "thanks for the meal~"

I was munching on the meal, starting with a piece of bread I nibbled on slowly to digest easier.

"It's tasty~" I continued happily eating.

Nahrenne

The Morning After [4] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

I tilted my head thinking about what happened last night though with the food in front of me I happily spoke "thanks for the meal~"

I was munching on the meal, starting with a piece of bread I nibbled on slowly to digest easier.

"It's tasty~" I continued happily eating.
The Morning After [5] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Seeing the girl happily nomming on the food, Liana smiled gently as she relaxed into her chair.

"I'm glad you like the food. I'm always a little unsure if what I cook is really okay, or not..." She showed a worried expression, "I mean, Hejlikka and Julrik always seem to praise it for how delicious it is, but I can never truly know if they actually mean it...or if they're just being polite."

Liana looked out of the window with a distant look, recalling the events of last night and only having flashing - erratic - images of what she had done while in blood lust. She knew that she really needed to learn how to control her instincts but she had no idea how to go about actually honing it. The only people who knew of her condition were Hejlikka, Julrik and Jasper...she wasn't counting that scary woman since she never met her again, nor even knew her name...she smelled a bit weird, too: fishy and rotten - like decayed flesh.

Turning her attention back to her guest, Liana smiled gently again and asked: "Did you sleep well, last night?"

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 188]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [5] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Seeing the girl happily nomming on the food, Liana smiled gently as she relaxed into her chair.

"I'm glad you like the food. I'm always a little unsure if what I cook is really okay, or not..." She showed a worried expression, "I mean, Hejlikka and Julrik always seem to praise it for how delicious it is, but I can never truly know if they actually mean it...or if they're just being polite."

Liana looked out of the window with a distant look, recalling the events of last night and only having flashing - erratic - images of what she had done while in blood lust. She knew that she really needed to learn how to control her instincts but she had no idea how to go about actually honing it. The only people who knew of her condition were Hejlikka, Julrik and Jasper...she wasn't counting that scary woman since she never met her again, nor even knew her name...she smelled a bit weird, too: fishy and rotten - like decayed flesh.

Turning her attention back to her guest, Liana smiled gently again and asked: "Did you sleep well, last night?"

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 188]

X

The Morning After [6] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Of course if it's tasty than it's tasty afterall~" I strangely feel closer to her~? Oh well~ "I had a good dream! Ah~ I wonder how I could do it again~" I then remembered Liana licking my wound last night and wondered if that really closed the wound faster, who knew in this world that if you get a cut it opens bigger? ah it must have been an evil piece of scrap or something.

I felt a tiny flush on my face as I finished eating a portion of the meal This is? Too much blood? I've had this symptom only once before, it was when I ate a candy that was actually medicine that increased blood creation. I pondered It'll go away after a day, I could also look for a place to donate blood but where?

I continued eating the meal, I was both hungry and I felt that I could still go study and work later since the warmness was barely visible on my cheek.

Nahrenne

The Morning After [6] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Of course if it's tasty than it's tasty afterall~" I strangely feel closer to her~? Oh well~ "I had a good dream! Ah~ I wonder how I could do it again~" I then remembered Liana licking my wound last night and wondered if that really closed the wound faster, who knew in this world that if you get a cut it opens bigger? ah it must have been an evil piece of scrap or something.

I felt a tiny flush on my face as I finished eating a portion of the meal This is? Too much blood? I've had this symptom only once before, it was when I ate a candy that was actually medicine that increased blood creation. I pondered It'll go away after a day, I could also look for a place to donate blood but where?

I continued eating the meal, I was both hungry and I felt that I could still go study and work later since the warmness was barely visible on my cheek.
The Morning After [7] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"A dream? What kind of dream?" Liana asked while getting up to clean the utensils used for cooking the breakfast.

At that moment, Julrik sauntered into the kitchen in his underwear and stole a piece of bacon from Letianna's plate. Eating the rasher, he licked his fingers and glanced at the teenager, "Mmnh, delicious~ Just the right amount of meat to fat ratio~" He then stroked Letianna's cheek and squeezed it before grabbing the plate of food Liana had left for him and sat opposite the teenager.

"Morning, Julrik! Sorry about making you share your bed with someone last night..." Liana said, revealing a guilty expression.

The male elf smirked as he glanced at the young woman, "Think nothing of it, little Miss. However, next time make it a beautiful woman and I'll make sure she rates the hospitality highly~" He then glanced at Letianna, "Speaking of pretty ladies, I see the sleeping beauty has woken up finally~" He winked at her as he seductively licked his lips, examining the teenager with interest.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 173]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [7] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"A dream? What kind of dream?" Liana asked while getting up to clean the utensils used for cooking the breakfast.

At that moment, Julrik sauntered into the kitchen in his underwear and stole a piece of bacon from Letianna's plate. Eating the rasher, he licked his fingers and glanced at the teenager, "Mmnh, delicious~ Just the right amount of meat to fat ratio~" He then stroked Letianna's cheek and squeezed it before grabbing the plate of food Liana had left for him and sat opposite the teenager.

"Morning, Julrik! Sorry about making you share your bed with someone last night..." Liana said, revealing a guilty expression.

The male elf smirked as he glanced at the young woman, "Think nothing of it, little Miss. However, next time make it a beautiful woman and I'll make sure she rates the hospitality highly~" He then glanced at Letianna, "Speaking of pretty ladies, I see the sleeping beauty has woken up finally~" He winked at her as he seductively licked his lips, examining the teenager with interest.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 173]

X
The Morning After [8] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Ah I was eating tsstwy?!" I felt my cheek being pinched and my food being stolen I looked at the man idignantly "hello bacon stealer and eye-twitcher."

I wondered if he needed lip balm, and he twitched his eye, is he in need of medicine? Though I doubt there's brain surgery in this place.

I started nibbling on my food faster, not noticing that others would call this style of rapid small bites adorable.

"Umu I was dreaming of a creme dessert I had in my hometown."

Nahrenne

The Morning After [8] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Ah I was eating tsstwy?!" I felt my cheek being pinched and my food being stolen I looked at the man idignantly "hello bacon stealer and eye-twitcher."

I wondered if he needed lip balm, and he twitched his eye, is he in need of medicine? Though I doubt there's brain surgery in this place.

I started nibbling on my food faster, not noticing that others would call this style of rapid small bites adorable.

"Umu I was dreaming of a creme dessert I had in my hometown."
The Morning After [9] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Seeing that the girl was a little too young in the mind and body, Julrik lost interest in the little girl and just focused on his food instead - choosing to ignore her dense words. Hearing Letianna's complaint of bacon being stolen, Liana took a piece off Till's plate and gave it to Letianna with a gentle smile.

"A creme dessert? I wonder why you would dream of such a thing..." Liana said absentmindedly before giggling at the scene of the cute animal-like eating that Letianna was doing. Noticing that Till hadn't come into the room, Liana turned to Julrik and asked, "Where is Mister Wallner? Is he still sleeping?"

"Ah, the limp wimp got up a few hours ago and sneaked out while stumbling over my underwear." He chuckled when he remembered how the man had fallen face down - with his nose landing in the crotch area of his unwashed underwear. "Poor guy~ He really doesn't seem to be the adventuring type of man - more of a...henpecked one~" He chuckled again before finishing the food on his plate and getting up. "Well, I need to get ready for work. Thanks for the delicious breakfast, Liana~! The added female company was much enjoyed~" He then left the kitchen and headed upstairs, leaving the two girls to themselves.

Liana shook her head in embarrassment as she wryly smiled at Letianna, "Please don't mind Julrik. He's um...very devoted to women." She blushed a little when she thought about how promiscuous the male elf was - recalling the scene of his bedroom the night before. "Ah! About this dream, you said it was in your hometown?"

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 271]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [9] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Seeing that the girl was a little too young in the mind and body, Julrik lost interest in the little girl and just focused on his food instead - choosing to ignore her dense words. Hearing Letianna's complaint of bacon being stolen, Liana took a piece off Till's plate and gave it to Letianna with a gentle smile.

"A creme dessert? I wonder why you would dream of such a thing..." Liana said absentmindedly before giggling at the scene of the cute animal-like eating that Letianna was doing. Noticing that Till hadn't come into the room, Liana turned to Julrik and asked, "Where is Mister Wallner? Is he still sleeping?"

"Ah, the limp wimp got up a few hours ago and sneaked out while stumbling over my underwear." He chuckled when he remembered how the man had fallen face down - with his nose landing in the crotch area of his unwashed underwear. "Poor guy~ He really doesn't seem to be the adventuring type of man - more of a...henpecked one~" He chuckled again before finishing the food on his plate and getting up. "Well, I need to get ready for work. Thanks for the delicious breakfast, Liana~! The added female company was much enjoyed~" He then left the kitchen and headed upstairs, leaving the two girls to themselves.

Liana shook her head in embarrassment as she wryly smiled at Letianna, "Please don't mind Julrik. He's um...very devoted to women." She blushed a little when she thought about how promiscuous the male elf was - recalling the scene of his bedroom the night before. "Ah! About this dream, you said it was in your hometown?"

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 271]

X
The Morning After [10] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

I'll also ignore that mean person if they ignore me, no need to waste any brain cells on a bully! I waved as the man left to work "If Miss Liana says so then it's alright." Devoted to women? a player? Ah my father told me to stay away from those types, I wonder if it's true that they leach off their victim's wallets.

"It was at my home and it was a special treat a chef had made~ It's so good that it's a shame I can't really make it here without the machines that person used." I mulled over it a bit "But it's alright, going here even on accident has given me an opportunity to discover and explore."

I ate the bacon piece without hesitation and was only halfway done with my breakfast, I wanted to digest the food fully alright? "Miss Liana what about you? did you dream of something good?"

Nahrenne

The Morning After [10] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

I'll also ignore that mean person if they ignore me, no need to waste any brain cells on a bully! I waved as the man left to work "If Miss Liana says so then it's alright." Devoted to women? a player? Ah my father told me to stay away from those types, I wonder if it's true that they leach off their victim's wallets.

"It was at my home and it was a special treat a chef had made~ It's so good that it's a shame I can't really make it here without the machines that person used." I mulled over it a bit "But it's alright, going here even on accident has given me an opportunity to discover and explore."

I ate the bacon piece without hesitation and was only halfway done with my breakfast, I wanted to digest the food fully alright? "Miss Liana what about you? did you dream of something good?"
The Morning After [11] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Pausing at the question, Liana smiled wryly, "I ended up staying awake all night. Besides, whenever I have dreams, they always end up becoming nightmares." She looked melancholic as she thought about her last dream and nightmare; the chaotic swirl of images of her master, with a few of Jasper made her feel a little uncomfortable and mentally strained. "Actually, once you leave here, I'm planning on going to sleep for the day. I haven't had a good rest for a few days now." She smiled at Letianna, tiredly.

Liana picked up the empty plate Julrik had left behind and began cleaning it, "By the way, you mentioned coming here by accident, does that mean you didn't grow up in this world?"

Julrik came downstairs - fully clothed - and entered the kitchen. He ruffled Letianna's hair roughly, making it look like a bird's nest, then quickly kissed Liana's cheek with a smirk - making her involuntarily shudder. "Looking forward to my evening meal, my sweet goddess~!" He glanced at Letianna with a blank expression, "Hope I don't see you again, little squirt. Bye~!" He then waved at Liana before leaving the house.

Liana sighed before smiling apologetically at the teenager.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 198]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [11] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Pausing at the question, Liana smiled wryly, "I ended up staying awake all night. Besides, whenever I have dreams, they always end up becoming nightmares." She looked melancholic as she thought about her last dream and nightmare; the chaotic swirl of images of her master, with a few of Jasper made her feel a little uncomfortable and mentally strained. "Actually, once you leave here, I'm planning on going to sleep for the day. I haven't had a good rest for a few days now." She smiled at Letianna, tiredly.

Liana picked up the empty plate Julrik had left behind and began cleaning it, "By the way, you mentioned coming here by accident, does that mean you didn't grow up in this world?"

Julrik came downstairs - fully clothed - and entered the kitchen. He ruffled Letianna's hair roughly, making it look like a bird's nest, then quickly kissed Liana's cheek with a smirk - making her involuntarily shudder. "Looking forward to my evening meal, my sweet goddess~!" He glanced at Letianna with a blank expression, "Hope I don't see you again, little squirt. Bye~!" He then waved at Liana before leaving the house.

Liana sighed before smiling apologetically at the teenager.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 198]

X
The Morning After [12] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Your face is a s-- Nevermind." I looked back at Liana while thinking "Maybe you can go to a potion expert to see if they can make something to stop the nightmares and give better rest?" Not even sleeping last night? That's not healthy if she's having nightmares and can't sleep, what was the word for it---ptsd?

I started fixing my hair as I wondered what an evening meal would be between the two, was it like last night where she licked my foot? "I guess there's a bit of a question, Unnn~ What happened last night?" She feels like someone that's guilty of something, I wonder why? Maybe it's my instincts? Dunno~

Last edited:

Silver

Quest Report - Evaluated

Note: Linking all of these quests here because they're all relevant subjects -- but please grade this according using the "Diplomatic Mission" quest.
Note: Also changing my writing style for this quest for concise-ness.

GM said:
Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Make contact with the Lizardmen (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Lizardmen are hostile and/or intelligent.
  • Update: Sightings of hostile lizard people in the southeast (source)
  • Update: The chief is missing (source)
Rewards:
  • EXP: 280
  • Money: 50G
AliceShiki said:
Gather Allies
Sponsor:
Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Find people that are willing to aid the city in the defense against the horde.
  • Try to make a deal that is not too unfavorable to the guild.
Description: While we have faith in the might of our adventurers and guards, there is a limit to how much can be done against a horde that amounts to the thousands. We need more personnel, the more the better. Any allies you can bring would be much welcome.
Ideally, the best support would come from the Lizardmen to the South, as they seem to be adept at slime killing, though they seem to be facing some internal issues that might make it hard to gather their support. Nonetheless, they'd be a great aid if possible.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 90
  • Money: 40G
GM said:
Scout the Lizardmen Tribes, Marshlands, and the Lake
Sponsor:
Adventurer's Guild
Reward: 150 EXP / 50 G
Objectives:
  • Read these quest reports: (1) (2) (3) (4)
  • Learn about this area and the political powers here.
  • Assess the threat-level of the region.
  • Identify monsters and dangers in the region.
  • Identify resources and benefits in the region.
Quest Report - Okarin

Dear Guild,

I'm currently writing this letter from Chief's residence at the Kalaksha Lizardman Tribe. I have a number of major updates on the situation in the Lizardman marshes, and hopefully this will clarify the situation previously submitted in prior quest reports. I also have a diplomatic letter on behalf of the Western Sea Lizard Council which will be attached to the end of this letter.

+ + +
To summarize my journey up to date, I traveled west from Fuyu Machi following the course of the White River. Approximately five days on this route, the White River opened up into a vast set of floodplains (FYI what is a floodplain). This floodplain dumps into the Great Shio Sea. Following the recommendation of Seiryuu (the Guardian of the White River), I traveled north to the adjacent Salt Marshes.

In the Salt Marshes, I encountered the Kalaksha Tribe, which is friendly to humans and other species. I inquired about the Lizardgirl whose tribe was destroyed by the oni, however, they were not familiar with that particular tribe. The Kalaksha Tribe has not yet experienced any problem with oni, although they are further away from the Oni Mountain and close to the ocean.

I was informed that there are many lizardmen tribes in this region, easily over a dozen. This biome is highly diverse. For instance, there are tribes settled on the banks of the Lizardman Lake (like the Taeruga Tribe and Marashaw Tribe), tribes in the freshwater marshes, tribes in the swamplands, tribes on the ocean beaches, tribes on the ocean rocks, tribes on the ocean cliffs, tribes near the waterfall, and tribes like theirs on the Salt Marshes.

The relationship between some tribes are tenuous. There are intense rivalries between different factions of tribes, and war often breaks out between different tribes. Currently, two of the main factions are a pro-human (pro-trade) tribal alliance and a human-eating anti-human (xenophobic) alliance. Generally speaking, many of the western tribes are pro-human, whereas many of the eastern tribes are anti-human. The anti-human tribes fear the recent increase in human population in the area, and they believe humans are not to be trusted. They also refuse to bow down to humans, since many lizard people have traditionally eaten humans for food.

Tensions between the pro-human and anti-human tribes have been especially poor. It is currently believed that the chieftan of the Taeruga tribe has been kidnapped and held hostage by the Marashaw Tribe. The warmongering Marashaw Tribe has captured (and eaten) humans from Scribel City, which has damaged the reputation of peaceful lizards who regularly trade with humans on the ocean coast.

The Kalaksha Tribe (and Taeruga Tribe) is part of the a western alliance called the Sea Lizard Council. The Sea Lizard Council recently met and discussed the subject of adventurers from Scribel City, and the council decided that allying with the humans would be mutually beneficial. In fact, the council was about to send a diplomatic delegation to Scribel City before I happened to stop by.

Here is the letter that the Kalaksha Tribe has given me on behalf of the Sea Lizard Council:

+ + +
Your Excellency -

On behalf of the Sea Lizard Council and all lizard tribes allied with our cause, we seek to open diplomatic negotiations.

Previously, you may have encountered hostile lizards who have kidnapped human civilians from your city. We would like you to know that the Sea Lizard Council condemns those lizard tribes, and in fact we share a common enemy. These hostile lizard tribes are warmongers who threaten the stability of our region, and we believe we can join forces to eliminate these hostile lizard tribes. If you assist our faction, we can guarantee that a stable trade route can be established between our nations that will lead to future prosperity.

It has come to our attention that Scribel City is under attack by a slime horde.

As an expression of our goodwill, the Sea Lizard Council is willing to send 500 lizard warriors to aid in Scribel City's defense.

However, you would misunderstand us to think that this aid comes for free.

Many human adventurers who have visited our tribes, including Felicia El Freliti, have spoken extensively of the merits of the Adventurer's Guild. We believe that this mercenary system is ingenuous and well-suited for subjugating monsters and threats unique to our region. Consequently, we would like to establish our own Adventurer's Guild with branches across many lizard tribes.

Naturally, since we will be operating our own Adventurer's Guild, we will pay for all the operational expenses and other logistical affairs. We will also have our own lizard Guildmaster, have our own internal structure, and we will also train and enroll our own lizard warriors as "Adventurers". Our guild will serve the interests of the Lizardmen Tribes foremost, because we are not subservient to you.

However, it is quite a waste of us to re-invent the wheel, and we believe there are opportunities for us to collaborate.

Our requests pertaining the Adventurer's Guild are as follows:

1. Mutual Enrollment - Adventurers enrolled at in Scribel's Guild will also be enrolled in the Lizardmen Guild as "associates", and vis versa.
  2. Mutual Report Sharing - We will share all non-classified quest reports with each other.
  3. Mutual Quest Sharing - We will share our quest boards with each other, and Adventurers can take quests from either board.
  4. Independence - The Lizardmen Guild will function independently of Scribel City and serve our own interests.
  5. High Council - Our Guildmasters will regularly communicate in a High Council.
Regarding general political affairs, we seek:
  1. Trade Agreement - Although this depends on the subjugation of the Hostile Lizard Faction to secure the route.
  2. Non-Aggression Pact - Scribel City will not claim any territory in the Lizardman region south of the Waterfall.
  3. Traveler's Rights - Travelers will not be detained or unfairly treated by the law any differently than we treat our own citizens.
  4. Local Embassy - We wish to establish an embassy in Scribel City, and expect that you do likewise.
  5. Military Alliance - We wish to coordinate our militaries to address mutual threats, such as hostile lizards, slimes, and the oni.
In addition to the above, we are willing offer as an expression of our goodwill:
  1. 500 lizard warriors to aid in the defense of Scribel City until the Slime Horde passes.
  2. 75 crates of Burza, a soap-based substance that is especially effective against slimes.
The details of the above can be negotiated in the further future, but this should give you a general sense of our goals.

We believe that these terms are mutually beneficial for both of us, and we look forward eagerly to your response.

Best regards,
Sea Lizard Council

+ + +
This message is being delivered to you via a pigeon-like swamp bird called a Kalak bird. It is trained to deliver messages.

When you have written your response, tie your letter to the Kalak bird and it will fly back to this lizardman village.

Meanwhile, I will spend some more time with the Lizardmen until there is nothing more to see here.

Signed,
Okarin

P.S. Be careful about Vicious. Her identity has been stolen by a spirit named Elaine, who has something to do with a ruby ring Vicious is wearing. Additionally, "Vicious" is sleeping with the the shrine maiden of Fuyu Machi, and they share a bedroom. "Vicious" may not be loyal to Scribel City anymore. She has certainly betrayed me. I fear for the worst. :blob_pat_sad:
Spotting another bird coming through the window Cassel sighed. They had been getting a lot of these lately. Taking the letter from the bird. He opened it and read it.

And, the burst out into uncontrollable laughter. Honestly the poor folks at Fuyu had came at the wrong time. If they came after this message they might've had a chance. Mana stones and talismans while interesting sounding weren't really well known in the city. Even he didn't even know what they did and the chance anyone else with a higher position of him knowing about them were slim.

But, this would solve the guild's issue of manpower and the slime tide in one hit. The conditions listed on there were minor if it solved this problem. Of course there was a still a bunch of stuff that would have to be set up to prepare for this but that would have fall on his workers. After checking in with the rest of the higher ups of the guild he gotten permission to expand the guild.
To the Sea Lizard Council,

We at Scribel city happily agree to your terms. If you ever need our help do call us. But, for now we look forward to your help to combat the slime tide and any other future threats we may face with you.

Best regards,
Guild Master Cassel

After sending the letter he found a piece of paper to the ground as he had a cup of coffee. He must of dropped it.

Picking it up as he took another sip of coffee. He quickly spit out his drink as a familiar name popped up. Okarin. Walking around the room in circles. He looked out the window and thought it wouldn't be too late to call the bird back would it?

InsertName

Camp Lily
*Diary Entry #3*
(Closed)
I woke up feeling stronger and better just in general today. Seems like I Leveled up again and Gobo as well. I'm still not comfortable with the knowledge that something out of my control is makes me stronger. My greatest fear is that one day this unknown power I've acquired disappears quickly as it has appeared. Well that is all in the future I guess... I will be going into town to buy some grocery's and brew some potions today.

--------

Finally got back to Lily. I got today's grocery's and I brewed a couple of potions, however it's been a real problem of transporting all these things back and forth from Lily and town. Probably should ask Clay where he gets his carts made from, may be then I will learn how to make one. Well Gobo had no problems today, and caught a few fish from the river for today's lunch.

--------

After lunch Gobo and I went to go pay a visit too Jake's sheep farm. I wanted to learn how to make a little wooden smoke house at Lily and also it was quite a while since I have snuggle those fluffy sheeps. Jake showed us his smoke house and explained the instruction of building one. It seems like it was still going to be an expensive project, even with my Plant Manipulation. After talking with Jake for a bit and playing with the sheep, Jake invited us for dinner and we accepted. Gobo was quite delighted with another meal, other then just meat and eggs.

--------

Tomorrow I will try out my new serum out. Hopefully it will work against the Dire wolves, I've already tried it on a few horned rabbits and it was a success. Just have to remember bring a few pieces of meat with me, on my next trip into the inner forest.
1 Dozen eggs
1 lb of Salt
1 lb of Cheese
1 lb of Butter
4 Loafs of Bread
-37g