Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
The Morning After [12] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

"Your face is a s-- Nevermind." I looked back at Liana while thinking "Maybe you can go to a potion expert to see if they can make something to stop the nightmares and give better rest?" Not even sleeping last night? That's not healthy if she's having nightmares and can't sleep, what was the word for it---ptsd?

I started fixing my hair as I wondered what an evening meal would be between the two, was it like last night where she licked my foot? "I guess there's a bit of a question, Unnn~ What happened last night?" She feels like someone that's guilty of something, I wonder why? Maybe it's my instincts? Dunno~
The Morning After [13] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Liana smiled wryly, "I don't think it's the kind of thing potions would be able to solve." She then subconsciously glanced at Letianna's foot before looking back at the teenager, "You hurt yourself, passed out from the pain and blood loss, then I got Mr Wallner to help carry you here so Hejlikka could treat you." She smiled gently.

"You really should be more careful, though, Miss Letianna...getting injured so easily - what would happen if you got in the way of an attack and ended up dying from it? Wouldn't those close to you grieve?" As Liana said this, she was half-admonishing herself for what she had done, almost killing an innocent person who had made an effort to get to know her. She went over to the teenager and combed the girl's hair with her fingers - smoothing out the mess she'd missed before gently stroking her head.

"Never forget that your life is precious, Miss Letianna. You may get a small injury in the future but, if you don't take care of it properly, you may end up dying because of it." Liana's dull gold eyes became distant as she felt she shouldn't be near such a clumsy girl for both of their sake. Moving to the living room door, Liana looked said over her shoulder in a detached voice: "Once you've finished your breakfast, please leave. I need to be alone right now..." She then left the teenager alone in the kitchen as she headed for her bedroom.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 250]

X

Leegood

The Morning After [13] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

Liana smiled wryly, "I don't think it's the kind of thing potions would be able to solve." She then subconsciously glanced at Letianna's foot before looking back at the teenager, "You hurt yourself, passed out from the pain and blood loss, then I got Mr Wallner to help carry you here so Hejlikka could treat you." She smiled gently.

"You really should be more careful, though, Miss Letianna...getting injured so easily - what would happen if you got in the way of an attack and ended up dying from it? Wouldn't those close to you grieve?" As Liana said this, she was half-admonishing herself for what she had done, almost killing an innocent person who had made an effort to get to know her. She went over to the teenager and combed the girl's hair with her fingers - smoothing out the mess she'd missed before gently stroking her head.

"Never forget that your life is precious, Miss Letianna. You may get a small injury in the future but, if you don't take care of it properly, you may end up dying because of it." Liana's dull gold eyes became distant as she felt she shouldn't be near such a clumsy girl for both of their sake. Moving to the living room door, Liana looked said over her shoulder in a detached voice: "Once you've finished your breakfast, please leave. I need to be alone right now..." She then left the teenager alone in the kitchen as she headed for her bedroom.

[OC: Liana and Letianna|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 250]

X
The Morning After [14] (Closed)(@Leegood, @Nahrenne)

I looked at her with a confused expression, I got hurt and fainted from pain? I don't remember that happening to me? I'm pretty sure such a painful wound would make me remember pretty well? But I don't remember it at all? How would I? and I'm normally not that clumsy, it felt as if that scrap was left there intentionally by someone.

"
I'm usually careful of where I walk, but how come that piece of scrap came out of nowhere? in the middle of the street?" I was mumbling as Liana left, Dissatisfied I left to go to work "I'll come back and show you that I'm dilligent! I'll help with house chores I promise that, in return for the free food and rest that I got."

With that I left with a pout on my face, after cleaning and drying the dishes of course, and sweeping the floor, cleaning the couch, and wiping the kitchen counters.

Nahrenne

[OOC: This takes place before SS26 Morning After]
Snacking is unhealthy (Closed)(@Leegood, @Quaesitor, @Nahrenne)
I spotted liana @Nahrenne thinking heavily about something so I went to her side and poked her

"Hi Miss Liana."
Getting poked, Liana acted on the reflex she slightly honed from training with Alexei and grabbed Letianna's hand.

"Ah...Miss...Letianna?" She greeted with uncertainty.

X
Mistaking the hand grabbing for a handshake I shook Liana's hand

"It looked like you were thinking about something heavy? Maybe I could help think about it too? of course if you want to." two heads are better than 1 after all.
Liana was unaccustomed to hand shakes and so stiffly went along with it - subconsciously making note of the strong pulse throbbing in the girl's hand. Hearing what the girl said, she smiled wryly at the thought of discussing getting blood from a stable source. Releasing her hand, she replied:

"I appreciate your offer, Miss Letianna...however my predicament is somewhat...sensitive and personal."

She began walking towards the guild doors to exit, wondering if the teenage girl was going to follow, or not.

X
Is that a no? a yes? Why's she leaving? I'll just follow her I followed Liana towards the exit wondering many things Is it about love? money? is she going to sell me drugs? Illegal things? Show her favorite toy collection? I continued following anyway, since she seemed like a decent person that won't kidnap me.
Noticing the teenager following her, Liana smiled wryly as a milky scent wafted off her body. "Ah...she smells nice..." She thought to herself as she opened the doors and left the building with her follower. Entering the street, Liana moved to a spot where she wouldn't obstruct people and turned to Letianna with a strained - yet gentle.

"I forgot to ask you before but are you a full-time receptionist here?"

X
"Ah I'm a part time receptionist-Tavern Maid-Tavern Inn Cleaner-Tavern cook, Household Caretaker, Household Maid, Babysitter"

I listed off what jobs I was doing in the past few days

"I also help sort documents at the guild, Help people process herbs, and some other small tasks."

I continued
"I'm also thinking of helping with monster dismantling for an extra source of income."
Liana showed a surprised expression before realising that the teenager must be an orphan - or from an exceptionally poor family. Reaching out and gently rubbing the girl's head, she smiled wryly, "You've worked hard."

Looking at the rapidly darkening sky, Liana felt at ease as energy was beginning to fill her body again. "As for me, I've mostly been doing painting portraits and cleaning - with a bout of training at the barracks a few days ago."

X
"Ah I also need to train my body a bit, I doubt I can survive outside the city as is and I've caused trouble for someone in the past because of it." Then luna became solet and vanished somewhere like a father saying "I'm going to get some milk." only to never return.

I pinched my thin arm to show how weak it was, even if it was building stamina due to working hard ever since I came to this world.

"Painting seems to be fun, I'll try that when I can get the supplies to practice."

Noticing I forgot my subject I looked at her and asked

"Ah was there something to be said in private?" I whispered trying to be sneaky.
Liana looked at the girl's thin arm and smelled the increase in blood gathering at the pinched area - causing her gold eyes to turn slightly reddish. Staring at the arm, she responded, "Lord Eugene Rosenthal provides plentiful art supplies for his painting quests, so I imagine you could practice a bit before handing in the final product. As for saying something in private..." Liana looked at her surroundings and then back at the nice-smelling girl, "...I wasn't intending on telling you since I barely know you...sorry. I didn't mean to make you misunderstand." She smiled awkwardly out of embarrassment - finally managing to pry her eyes away from the veins showing on Letianna's pale skin.

X
I tilted my head "If you barely know me than the solution to that is that you have to get to know me?" I looked up at the sky and nodded "There's a store I like to go to after work for an after-work snack, are you busy?" I have used my arm to block the last rays of sunlight that were going into my eye.
Liana smiled wryly at the mention of a snack, knowing that she wouldn't be able to eat one herself...unless...

"..."

She surreptitiously looked at Letianna's neck with subconscious hunger before quickly shaking her head to clear her thoughts.

"I'm not busy, no...As for getting to know you, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make more friendly acquaintances in this world..." Liana thought about how she really should be going back to the house so she could have a talk with the elf siblings but she also didn't want to be rude to the teenager in front of her. Smiling gently at her acquaintance, the new-born vampire asked, "So, where is this place you frequent, then?"

X
"It's just a food stall I help out with when I'm free, well, I mostly use my free time to study or sleep but besides the point It's pretty nice." I led Liana around a few streets and ended up at a food stall that was serving a few sweets and served how soup and noodles.

"Little lady your back! Thanks for the ideas, this stall of mine has been earning a bit more so let this uncle treat you."

[Gemini food cart's Menu]
[Hot soup and noodles: 2G]
[Addons: Meat 1-3G Extra Noodles 1G Extra Veggies 1-3 G]
[Sides: Hot Soup 1G , Braised meat 5G, Candied Veggies 6G, Sweetened Hot water 1G]

"Then can I have the Hot Soup and Noddles then?"
"Little Leti I'll add some of today's meat into it okay, I won't accept any refusals!"

He placed the meal on the table in front of his stall "take a seat Leti and her friend, I'll be back." He went to take the orders of other regular customers and curious customers.

"When you eat the Noodle soup while the sun is almost set it makes an indescribable good feeling~" I poked at the meat with a provided utensil, wondering where the meat came from.
Seeing and smelling the food in her vicinity proved difficult for Liana as she desperately tried to hold back the urge to vomit. Showing a strained gentle smile, Liana sat opposite Letianna and just nodded politely at the teenager's comments.

"Seeing the sun set truly is a wonderful feeling, I agree. It makes you feel more alive." She responded while her eyes became more red. Looking at Letianna, she wondered what kind of life she must have led for her to need to work so many jobs - causing the young woman to give a worried look.

"Letianna...working so many jobs...are you having money problems?"

X
I tilted my head not noticing that working so much was abnormal "It's a good thing to work so that I can better myself I think." If an outside were to view her working activity they would see that she was building a base of support in scribble city, though not on purpose.

"When I went on an adventure with a friend, I was not able to help them and so they got hurt. This time I'll be fully prepared with the resources to power myself up so that I can not be a hindrance anymore." A kind of determination was seen in my eyes, though not as fierce as the protagonists of fighting mangas.

Seeing that Liana looked sick I finished my meal quickly, thanked the stall boss and spoke "I'm done, are you okay?" I asked with a worried face.
"There's working to better yourself, then there's working to your detriment in health. Just be sure to take some breaks so you don't collapse." Liana smiled wryly at herself as she realised she should be taking her own advice.

Seeing the teenager had finished eating, Liana responded to her question with a tired smile, "I'm just a little tired from my training, as well as spending a long time painting things." She looked at the surroundings and thought about the friendly stall owner who seemed to have an amicable relationship with Letianna. "This place must be truly relaxing for you...sadly, I don't do well in crowds."

X
I thought about it for a second a nodded "I will" was all I said in reply before I pulled on her hand "There's also something else." I began to walk forward to lead her somewhere else "It'll be quick, It's something I like to look at some times." I went to the side of the road and stared as a plant that seemed lifeless suddenly start perking itself up and started glowing a bit

"It has no use so it's ignored, but it shines a nice glow when the sun goes down, even if the light is just barely below that of candle light, I've heard that it tastes strange." I was staring at it thinking about the bright future ahead when a drunk man stumbled and stepped onto the weed destroying it

"Hellloooo ladies, would you like to see my third arm?" His speech was slurred and I tilted my head, humans have third arms?
Liana was unaccustomed to being pulled by someone but at least it didn't make her feel as uncomfortable as if a man touched her. Looking at the glowing weed, she thought about how strange this world really was. When the drunk man stepped on the plant and asked his question, Liana shuddered a little as she recalled the time she first met Jasper - who had also been 'drunk' at the time. Subconsciously putting herself slightly behind Letianna out of fear of the man, she tilted her head in confusion as she observed the man's body.

"Um...I don't see a third arm...is it on your back?" Liana asked out of dense curiosity - completely misunderstanding the euphemism due to her upbringing.

X
"That's?" "Freeze city guard!" The drunk man was beaten up and taken away before he could reply.

I looked at Liana who hid behind me "I wonder what he meant by that? Curious, I'll have to ask my friend when they return."

"Are you hungry? What would you like to eat?"
A bit confused over what just happened, Liana felt like she'd almost experienced something she wouldn't have enjoyed. Looking at the teenager in front of her, she hugged herself defensively as she moved slightly away from her.

"Um...I'll eat something when I get home. I don't think anywhere will serve what I need..." She smiled wryly as she recalled her attempts at trying bloody steaks and black pudding...

X
whys she hugging herself? Does she want a hug? "If you have G you can buy it most likely, is this food hard to get? Maybe I can ask around?"

I moved closer so she could hear me.
Liana stopped hugging herself as she smiled wryly at the teenager, "It's not about the money...it's about the source. There's plenty of it..." She glanced around at all of the people walking down the street, at the stray cats and dogs in the nearby alleyways, then at Letianna, "...but it's not stable due to possible repercussions..."

Taking a few steps back from Letianna, Liana thought about how she'd had it easy when Jasper had given her so much of his blood, and truly realised the gravity of her situation.

X
is she a drug addict? No, something else I traced her sight as she looked at people and animals and wildly guessed "souls?" itd be difficult to get a stable supply of that.
Liana smiled tiredly, "No. I need to go home, sorry. Thanks for showing me new areas of the city, Miss Letianna. I hope you achieve your dreams of getting stronger."

With that, Liana began heading down a dark - secluded - alleyway, not wanting to be near people at the moment.

X
I poured as she left, as I stepped to return to the tavern I stepped on some scrap and my foot had a small cut on it "ouchie"

ugh now I'll have to limp back
Smelling the milky, bitter scent wafting in the air from Letianna's cut, Liana halted in her footsteps and turned to look at the source. Moving closer to the teenage girl, her eyes began glowing red as the sun had fully set, and knelt down to get a closer look at the foot.

In a haughty voice, Liana said, "Look at what you've done, little girl; not looking where you were going and getting injured~" She grabbed the foot and lifted it to get a better smell of it. "Let me help carry you to a place for me to check on your wound~"

Liana then swiftly stood up and picked Letianna up into a princess carry and ran down the dark alley, away from prying eyes.

OOC: Tell me if you're okay with that.

X
I was a bit embarrassed at not looking where I walked and let Liana carry me off someplace.

I curiously looked around its so dark?
Reaching a truly secluded and dark area, Liana placed Letianna on a nearby empty barrel and hastily pulled off the shoe hindering access to that wonderful scent.

"Let's have a look at the damage, shall we~?"

Liana knelt down and sniffed at the blood flowing out of the cut, before dipping her finger into it and rummaging around. With her finger nicely coated in the red nectar, she slowly brought it to her lips and licked it clean. "Mnnh~ A very small wound for such a small thing~" Her fangs instinctively grew as she leaned closer to the bleeding foot, "Let's make it feel better~" She subconsciously licked her lips in anticipation for the milky, bitter blood.

X
"Ahahaha, that tickles." I was a bit curious about why she did that "I'll have to get it cleaned soon, is your saliva unnnn a cleaning product? If so I'll let you clean it."

it doesn't seem harmful, her eyes changed, has antibacterial mode activated?
Liana haughtily smiled, "Oh, I'll be sure to lick it to the point no more comes out~"

She then sank her fangs into the foot and began sucking on the wound greedily.

OOC: Sorry for the slow response, was afk eating.
>w<

X
"Ahaha, it's ticklish " I was holding in a bit of laughter not noticing the book had converted any rated m rated feeling to an e for everyone tickle time.
Realising her prey wasn't reacting to any pain, Liana's vampire instincts charged into the forefront and completely took control of her actions as she ripped the flesh with her fangs and sucked even harder and faster. Her nails sharpened and dug into Letianna's ankle, going into a vice-like grip that would cause more injury to the teenager if she moved - which only served to send the new-born into more of a blood frenzy.

X
"Ahhh? Ahn~"leti let out a sound the book had not expected such an uptick in blood draining so it had to use leti's energy to convert the m rated feeling to an e for everyone feeling but the lapse in reaction caused leti's body to get warm.

As if annoyed the book used about over half of leti's remaining energy and sent that to cut the bloodsuckers cravings before it's chosen was changed or hurt in any way.

--+
I was feeling a bit tired, why did my mana decrease I wonder?
Due to an external force making her vampire instincts reduce, Liana's eyes returned to their normal gold colour and she realised - in horror- what she was doing.

"?!"

Liana immediately removed her mouth and claws from Letianna's foot and ankle - making sure to do it carefully to not rip the flesh even more. She then looked around at her surroundings and realised she was in a completely secluded area. Apologising to the teenage girl, she rushed back to a more populated street to try and get some help.

X
Today really wasn't my day. First, I almost get robbed by bandits, then my wife throws me out because I haven't spent enough time with the family in the last couple of days. So I'm just taking a walk, getting some fresh air, and hoping that my wife will have calmed down when I return. Absent-minded, I stumble into the less lively areas of the city. Hm, haven't really been here before. Let's explore a bit.

I stroll around the area with almost childish glee, avoiding any homeless I stumble upon and trying to find something - anything unusual. Then, just as I turn around the corner, I notice a dark-haired woman with golden eyes rushing through the alley towards me. She seems... worried? Perhaps slightly scared? Oh well, I've never been good at reading expressions.

"Uh, miss? Is something wrong?" I call out to her, looking for something to kill time with.
"It's alright I'll just sleep it off~ can you take me to a bed? Your house is fine." I slurred my words as if I was drunk, I was on low energy after all.
Seeing the man and hearing his question, Liana grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the spot where she left Letianna while saying, "There's an injured teenage girl that needs help! She's lost a lot of blood."

Reaching the destination, she saw Letianna slumped on the barrel.

"..."

Liana looked at the man with expectant eyes, "Could you help carry her to a healer?"

X
Woah, she's stronger than she looks. I let myself be pulled along by her whilst wondering why there'd be an injured teenage girl in this area? On second thought... where else would an injured teenage girl be? This isn't exactly the most friendly area of the city. I assume.

Upon arriving at the scene, I see a weak-looking girl at a barrel. The woman did say that the girl lost a lot of blood, which would explain the weakness, but I don't see a lot of blood around. Did the girl run away from something? Oh, whatever. With me, a strong and intimidating adventurer around, I'm sure that whatever hurt her will be too scared to approach! ...I hope cause I'm not confident in taking an attacker down at the moment. But that's enough thinking.

"Sure I can help! But... do you know a healer that has open at this time? Actually... do you know where any healer is? Cause I don't really..."

Whilst talking, I move to the girl and start carefully lifting her up. She isn't too heavy, so I think I should be able to carry her alone, but she will probably get hard to carry if I carry her for a while - while noting that the girl still seems to be conscious, but just barely. So I turn to the woman, asking for help.

"Do you want to lend a hand?"
"Ahhaaahaa~" I saw a cartoon mascot pick me up so I started pokes at his eyebrow, though not successfully as I poked his chin instead.
Looking worried about what she had done to Letianna, Liana heard the man's question and saw the teenager poking his chin in a pseudo-drunk state.

"Ah, I know someone who can heal injuries. They're about fifteen minutes from here, follow me! Oh, and be careful of her bleeding foot and ankle I'm afraid I might cause more injury if I help carry her."

X
The girl quite clearly isn't lucid. But I can deal with it, I'm used to getting harassed by my sons after all. I ignore the poking and nod to the woman.

"Good, lead th-" I get interrupted by the poking. "-the way. I'll-" Another poke. "I'll follow."

Meanwhile, I add the mental note of clumsy to the woman as I heave an internal sigh at not having bandages with me. That could've made things simpler. This way, I'll get blood on my clothes, which I'm sure my wife will bug me about... oh well, what's done is done. For now, I'll just try to get the girl to this healer.
After playing around with the cartoons face I felt my eyes closing ill just take a nap, I worked so hard today.

Before I knew it I fell asleep
Reaching Hejlikka and Julrik's house, Liana quickly unlocked the door and hurried inside while calling out: "HEJLIKKA! JULRIK! HELP!"

After a few seconds, Hejlikka arrived and was about to ask what happened when she saw the bloody man carrying the bleeding out teenage girl. Pushing up her glasses, she realised the sleeping girl was Letianna who she'd helped a while ago when she was doing office work.

"Letianna?" Realising the seriousness of the situation, the female elf ordered the man: "Follow me and gently place her on the sofa! Be sure to elevate her leg!" Hejlikka then marched through the kitchen into the living room next door.

Liana looked at the man and motioned for him to quickly follow.

X
At this point in time, I am gritting my teeth in an effort not to drop the girl - which seems to be called Letianna. I mean, it's not like she is heavy or I am weak, but I've been carrying her for so long already, you know!? Away with secondary thoughts now, uh... to the sofa! Careful to not lose my balance and fall, cause carrying someone is quite hard to balance, I move to the couch and place Letianna on it. Elevate her leg, was it...? I take my already bloodstained bag and dump it on the couch before unceremoniously placing Letianna's foot on top of it. There, elevated.

Now, finally a breather! I try to wipe some of the sweat off my forehead, only to notice that the hand had some blood on it as well. This. Is going to be a mess to clean. After letting out another sigh, I turn to the woman.

"So, uh, what now?"
Hejlikka pointed at the man and ordered, "Go to the kitchen and fill a bowl with water! Also bring a cloth with you!" The female elf then knelt down beside Letianna and examined the wound - noticing the signs of bite marks from fangs.

"...Liana, go wash your face before anyone sees..."

Liana's eyes widened before she headed to her room to clean herself up before Letianna and the man saw her current guilty state. While she did that, Hejlikka set about casting healing magic on the wounds.

X
"Got it!" I start moving but immediately notice that I have no idea where the kitchen is. Uh, should be around here somewhere, so it shouldn't take long... after some searching, I do indeed find the kitchen. Bowl? Check. Water, uh, ah! Found some here. Fill the bowl, good, now cloth... eh, the shirt is ruined anyway. I just rip some clean cloth off it and return with the water bowl and cloth. Huh, the woman is gone? Probably getting something for the treatment, I guess.

"Here's the stuff," I say as I hand the bowl and cloth over to the elf. Which names did she call out again...? Hejl...ikka? Oh well, I'm bound to find out the names if I stick around.

"How is Le...tianna doing?"
Hejlikka saw the man return and humphed - thinking he was too slow. Still using magic to heal the wounds, she wanted to order the dirty man to wipe the blood off the girl but decided not to when she thought about him possibly seeing the cause of the injury. Just then, Liana returned from her room - all freshened up - and motioned for her to clean the wounds. Replying to the fumbling man, Hejlikka said: "She's going to be fine. She's just sleepy due to anaemia."

As Liana heard the female elf talk with the man, she picked up the cloth and dipped it into the bowl before ringing it out and dabbing at the wounds - feeling very bad about what she'd done.

X
I was In a fluffy land full of treats, nomnomnom, ah is that Luna over there? Huggies hug hug.

I was eating cake when my foot got wet? I tried looking down only to see my foot was stuck in jello

I felt my dream ending soon so I kissed Luna's forehead and waited to wake up soon.
Ah, she doesn't like me. Not sure why though. Oh well. I stretch my aching limbs, exhausted from the day, and take a seat on the floor before answering: "That's good, that's good. Any idea what caused the injury? We can't have the city be dangerous so that our young ones can live safely, so I'd appreciate it if you could give me something to look out for. I may not look like much, but I'm an adventurer!" I brag before being upfront: "And if I can't handle it, I can just make a quest."

In my mind, I add that this might affect my family as well.
Liana immediately answered, "It was a stray dog!"

Hejlikka glanced at her before pushing her glasses up and finishing up the healing. Liana blushed in awkward embarrassment as she knew the female elf had figured out what really caused the injury. Not wishing to seem too suspicious, Liana expanded on her answer: "Miss Letianna had just been eating some food with lots of meat and the smell attracted the dog." She averted her gaze from everyone as she continued, "I managed to scare the dog away but Miss Letianna's wound was bad and so we tried finding somewhere to let her rest while I looked for someone to help carry her to a healer."

The guilt was immense inside as she began thinking about what would have happened if the teenager had died.

X
I opened my eyes for a second and relaxed on the couch "ah~ pardon the intrusion~ I'll be sleeping here~" as the last word was spoken I fell asleep again.
"Oh, a wild dog. I see..." Probably trying to take a shortcut, or they wouldn't have been in an area like that.

"Well, I can take care of wild dogs, no problem at all. With this thing here." I draw out a few centimeters of my sword, showing the sharp blade. "Maybe I should patrol the area, and try to get rid of some of those strays. Or find them some new owners? The old ones must've been pretty bad if the dog is that aggressive, so I'm not sure how it'd go."

"She really is exhausted, huh?" I suppress a yawn before continuing. "Right, talking about sleep. I'm pretty tired as well, and not sure whether my wife's forgiven me yet, so I don't know where I'll sleep. Really, being an adventurer sure is hard."
Liana felt bad for dragging the man into this - as well as for lying to him about how Letianna ended up in that state - and so smiled gently and said, "You can sleep in my room, if you want? Although...maybe your wife wouldn't appreciate you sleeping in another woman's bed?" She revealed an embarrassed expression which irked Hejlikka.

Pushing up her glasses, the female elf stood up and glared at the man, "We have a spare room upstairs that my good-for-nothing brother sometimes sleeps in, Mr...?"

X
"Yeah, I'm pretty certain she wouldn't appreciate it." Though I'm pretty sure she doesn't appreciate me not sleeping at home tonight as well.

"Ah, right. We still haven't introduced us, have we? I'm Till Wallner, but you can just call me Till - that way, I don't feel as old. And how should I call you two?"
Liana opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by Hejlikka, "I'm called Hejlikka and my friend is called Liana. Your room is the second door at the end of the landing."

The female elf then carried the bowl of water and cloth into the kitchen, completely ignoring Till. Liana showed a wry smile towards the man, "Sorry about Hejlikka's attitude, she's not fond of men - from what I've observed. Most likely due to her brother's sexual antics..." She then smiled gently while motioning to the stairs, "Let me lead you to your room, Mr Wallner. Although, I don't know what state it will be in since Julrik has been living there every now and then..."

The new-born vampire then guided the man up the stairs and showed him to his lodging for the night.

X
"Hejlikka and Liana, got it." I hope I'll still remember it tomorrow. Noticing how she ignores me, I chuckle to myself and shrug.

"Oh, no worries. I can understand her mistrusting a stranger that just shows up in her house in the middle of the night. And she is kind enough to offer me a room." Is this what they call hard on the outside and soft on the inside? Hah! As if. It's probably repayment for helping her friend. So I simply follow Liana up the stairs and open the door to my room for the night. Now, what does it look like? Hopefully not as much of a mess as I imagine it to be.
Opening the door, the room revealed men and women's underwear strewn across the floor and furniture, with what looked like balloon-like objects filled with liquid. There was a distinct scent of musk in the air which was almost dizzying to Liana as it reminded her of Jasper. A large king-sized bed was situated in the middle of the room with a few empty bottles of clear, slimy liquid lying on the floor beside it.

"...Apologies for the state of the room...I'll be sure to get Julrik to clean it up when he comes back - which should be quite soon..." Liana said with an apologetic smile.

Bowing at Till, Liana left him and headed downstairs to check on Letianna.

Julrik had just arrived as she reached the ground floor, and Hejlikka explained how he had a roommate for the night. Luckily, he didn't have a female friend with him and so he headed off upstairs to meet Till and try and tidy his room up a bit.

X
"Ah... yeah, thanks..." I'm rather speechless at the room. It is far worse than I imagined. I pinch my nose close and, with large strides, move to the windows while making sure not to step on anything and throw them open, one after another. That should help with the smell. Now, I'm not going to touch anything else in this room with my bare hands. Like, seriously. Isn't this a bit much!? I do have gloves, but I might have to get rid of them if I clean this up...

Just as I prepare myself to sacrifice my gloves, Julrik - at least I assume it is him - finally arrives. "You're quite, uh, vigorous, huh? Mind giving me a hand? Or two...? I'd prefer not to accidentally, well... touch anything." I awkwardly smile at him.
Julrik smirked proudly at his temporary roommate's compliments, "What can I say~? Women can't get enough of me~!" He moved over to the man and held out his hand with a confident smile and shook Till's hand, "I'm Julrik, the Frigid B*tch's brother. I heard you helped Liana carry an injured girl here. Thanks for that. All men should work 'hard' to keep women happy - except for my sister."

Looking at his room, the male elf waved his hand - producing a gust of wind that pushed most of the incriminating objects to the side of the room. He then made sure to pick up his many used condoms and threw them into a basket for disposal. Seeing how awkward the man looked, Julrik smirked and asked, "Don't get much with your wife~? Not good at using your weapon~?" He laughed jokingly.

***​

While Julrik was upstairs with Till, Liana and Hejlikka got a blanket and pillow and tucked Letianna on the sofa. The female elf gave the new-born vampire a look before leaving for work. With Liana left on her own to look after the teenager, she knelt down beside her and gently stroked her head - silently apologising over and over again for feeding on her.

X
Feeling something warm on my head while I was sleeping my face let loose a silly smile as I dreamed of sweet and fluffy thing.

I reached out to the warm thing in my dream to hug it.
Seeing the silly smile on Letianna's face, and feeling her grab Liana's hand and hug it in her sleep, the young woman smiled softly in relief over her victim's apparent good mental health. Leaning in close to Letianna's ear, Liana whispered very quietly, "I'm so sorry..." She then left the girl and headed for her own room to ponder over things in solitude - not forgetting to wash clothes and her body in the process.

X
Ah, so he's one of those... I glance out of the window, trying to get an estimate of the time. Maybe I can still get back home in time...? Nope, it doesn't seem like it. Figures. I suppose I can understand his sister. And I better make sure my sons don't grow up to become like him. That wind magic seems useful though.

"I'm Till Wallner."

Well, if I'm stuck here with him, there's no point in not getting along. "Call me Till. And no, I'd call myself quite experienced - comes with age, as I'm sure you know. It's just that I'm not into men."

After a short pause,I let out a loud yawn before continuing: "Disregarding that, I'm beat. We can chat tomorrow if you want, but I'm off for the night."

I find a good, clean place to lie down and finally get some rest.
Chuckling at Till's need to claim he's skilled in bed, he frowned a little in confusion when he mentioned not being into men, "I didn't think you were into men, since you're married, but whatever floats your boat. Hope you manage to sleep well, ah, please don't mind the fur manacles..."

The male elf went to the bed and pulled out a set of manacles with fur attached to them with a smirk, before taking his clothes off completely - showing off his full naked glory as if to boast his exceptional physique - then entered the bed on the other side.

X
X

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
A Glimpse of Hope [Closed]

In the endless sea of sand, a maiden was going through every single one of them, patiently, and attentively. Her pale, slender hand would pick every grain up, one by one, and pay a close inspection to all of them, afraid of missing the important detail.

Behind her, another group of maidens remained still, watching her futile actions. However, despite their logical analysis, their faith held within their soul continued to strengthen their decision. Although they knew that the chance was infinitesimal and close to zero, but in their heart, they desperately wished for the Second Sister to confirm her speculation, their speculation.

Looking at the sand, the Second Sister's eyes glowed in radiance, pale light as she scanned the grain of sand— The spherical, transparent grain of what appeared to be sand. Inside of it, countless images flashed and revealed fantastic events, ones that the world would never know, ones that the world would never see again—

Every time Second Sister watched, she paid absolute attention to every detail, but no matter how much she tried, she could not see any trace of her dearest one. It was as if she was searching in vain, and everything she did was just a rambling of a lady in denial. There was no trace of her, no trace of her, not even a hint of her phantom.

"Second Sister, please rest some more. You've been doing this for far too long, so allow me to continue in your stead..." One of the maidens voiced out her concern, but Second Sister ignored her, and continued her meaningless actions.

Suddenly, a strange phenomenon emerged as the sea of sand trembled, forming countless waves and moving in a distorted motion. The flow of time was disrupted, and the instability appeared somewhere, causing time and space to move in like a sinkhole, to fill the gap of the void that was empty in time and space.

Inside that wave, a muffled cry resounded. The noise waved into the endless void and gradually dissipated into softer and softer tone. The cry, so pitiful and painful, filled with the sea of endless sand with grief, as well as the determination of the highest order.

"... It sounds... too familiar..." Second Sister, stopped in her action, looked towards the general direction of the noise's origin. At long last, she kneeled onto the ground and looked downwards, losing in her own thoughts. Slowly, tears fell from her face, and before they could hit the sand, they evaporated into countless multi-coloured sparks.

In no time, the boundless void was filled with colours, colours of grief.

Everyone was silent, but it was not the silence of grief— It was silence, born from excitement and relief, born from happiness, pure joy.

"Eldest Sis... Please wait..." Ever so slightly more determined than ever before, Second Sister began her search once again, but this time, she was not hopeless, and her effort was not in vain.

Leegood

[A letter back] - Takes place during the week Leti is being a medic
To Orgalla Order (Encrypted in code)
How is it possible? How did you get here? Anyways please tell me your situation as soon as possible, I'm at Gelderholm right now helping the people in some kind of war against an invading monster force.
To Letianna Orgalla
A Mysterious man opened a gate to this world Milady, we are here to help and protect you since the lord had predicted that you won't go back even if it were possible (Though it'd be too hard to get back) We're building a base of power right now North of that Holy roman empire ripoff and We've founded a order, With the support of the local kingdom we've been helping to train their men in return they gave us some land on the border to settle on along with some laborers to build some defenses.

We can't send any forces right now since tensions are high at the border, we don't know if one day the holy human empire will declare this border kingdom heretical.Though it seems they are busy invading some place called the half-wing federation? anyway since we can't send any locals one of my brother in arms will come to you and discuss some plans to explain a new encryption method.

It should take anywhere between half a month, to two months so please be patient Milady.

Nahrenne

Talking about things (Closed)

Waking up once the sun set, Liana got out of bed and dressed herself in the clothes Hejlikka gave her. Staring at herself in the mirror, her golden eyes stared back at her pale figure. Picking up the last wine bottle, she drank the remaining contents of Jasper's blood causing her body to shiver in excitement from the wonderful bitter, aromatic flavour.

"Mmnh~"

Licking the inside of the bottle to try and get as much of the blood as possible, she caught sight of her glowing red eyes and aroused face in the mirror and paused. Placing the bottle down on the dressing table carefully, Liana stepped away from it while hugging herself.

"This is becoming a big problem...I'm getting addicted..." She looked at her pale hands and felt the demon's blood coursing through her veins - giving her a huge amount of ecstatic energy. Hearing movement from the stairs, Liana left the room and saw Hejlikka entering the living room at the same time.

"..." "..."

They both froze while staring at one another, before the female elf regained her senses and pushed her glasses up - folding her arms as she smiled wryly at her friend.

"How are you tonight, Liana? Did you sleep well?"

Avoiding her gaze, Liana hung her head low as she muttered in response: "I slept all day, so I guess I slept well...How about you? Have you been well?" She cursed herself internally at the stiff conversation, knowing it was going to make things more awkward than they already were.

Hejlikka moved closer to Liana and rubbed the young woman's arm up and down while using the other hand to lift Liana's chin up so they were looking at one another. "I've been fine the whole time." She saw Liana's reddish gold eyes and smiled wryly, "Are you going to explain about last night? Or should I leave it be?"

Immense guilt swept over the new-born vampire as she gently removed the female elf's hands from her person, "It was an accident...is what I'd like to say...but I honestly am not entirely sure what happened..."

"...Then how about we start with a few nights ago?" Hejlikka guided Liana to the sofa where they both then sat down while facing one another. "How much of what we did do you remember?" She asked with concern showing.

"...I remember us talking about my food source..." Liana looked at Hejlikka's finger, "You cut your finger to entice me to feed on you...I refused...then you moved the knife to your neck..." She looked confused then.

"What else?"

Liana shifted her gaze from the elf as an embarrassed blush coloured her pale cheeks, "Um...the next thing I remember is...kissing...you...with the taste of your blood in my mouth..." She covered her face with her hands out of embarrassment - not wanting to see Hejlikka's facial expression from recalling that night.

Blushing in arousal from the memory, Hejlikka coughed to regain her self before pushing her glasses up and revealing a gentle smile, "I cut my neck severely which caused you to immediately pounce on me and drink my blood. We both ended up in an intense state of arousal and ended up kissing because of it." The female elf pulled down Liana's hands so the young woman could see her gentle smile, "I don't blame you for what happened. If anything, I'm glad it did. From this, I can show you that you don't have to worry about feeding on me and possibly killing me - since you held back even in that state and stopped yourself when Julrik came in." A little regret flashed through Hejlikka's eyes as she yearned for that erotic moment to have continued.

"...Then...you're not angry, or afraid of me?"

"Not at all!"

Liana revealed a relieved expression and her body slumped a little on the sofa, "Thank goodness! I was worried you would want me to leave the house, or have me killed."

"Nonsense! You're my friend! I would never abandon a friend in need!" She smiled reassuringly at Liana before turning stern, "However, I cannot say the same for if this happens with other people. Tell me, what do you remember of last night with Letianna?"

Liana recalled the events of Letianna meeting her at the guild and inviting her out for a snack, then talking and separating. She noted how Letianna seemed to have stepped on something that hurt her before her mind went blank. The next thing she remembered was her mouth attached to the teenager's foot and sucking on her blood in a dark and secluded alleyway, to her looking for someone to help her heal Letianna's wounds.

"...I see." Hejlikka pushed her glasses up as she thought about the series of events. "From what I can ascertain, you become another person whenever a large wound is opened close to you. While as this other person, you become aggressive in your actions and treat the injured person as prey that must be fed on. As such, you lose control of yourself as you become affected by your..blood lust?"

Liana hung her head in shame as she agreed with the female elf's assertion. "I believe that seems to be the case..."

"Had you eaten anything during the day before meeting her?"

Liana looked up in shock, "Of course not! I was trying to calm myself down by painting for Lord Rosenthal!"

"...Liana...don't you always get drained during the day?" Hejlikka smiled wryly at the new-born vampire, "Wouldn't staying awake during the day make you need to feed more often?"

"..." Liana hugged herself defensively as she realised what her friend was meaning. "In other words...if I had made sure to eat yesterday, then I would not have fed on Letianna? Hejlikka...I'm scared..."

The female elf could see the remorse and grief coming from Liana. Wanting to comfort and reassure her, she scooted closer to the young woman and wrapped an arm around her before bringing her into a half-hug. "You don't have to be scared. You just need to learn how to control your instinct. It may take time but it can still be achieved."

Liana hugged the female elf back and felt safe in her arms - not sensing any aversion from her at all, which made her feel less like a monster. "Thank you, Hejlikka...for being so kind to me..."

Hejlikka stroked Liana's head gently with a relaxed smile, "Think nothing of it. I care about you and am willing to provide you some food if you need it. So...please don't distance yourself from us again."

"...Mm..."

The two hugged for a while longer before talking about possible solutions. When Julrik arrived from work, he saw them chatting on the sofa and he smirked before joining in the conversation. Noticing the time, Hejlikka said her goodbyes and headed off to work while Julrik went upstairs to his room for the night.

Feeling more upbeat about things after talking with Hejlikka and Julrik, Liana thought about how grateful she was for meeting the two elves and smiled. Getting up from the sofa, she left the house and headed for the quest board to see which quests she should do for the night.

[OC: Liana and Hejlikka|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 1195]

[OOC: one quarter full wine bottle removed.
Empty Wine bottle x6 changed to -> Empty Wine bottle x7
Changed outfit from black dress to simple clothes]

X

Quaesitor

First. The Zornhau - or wrath strike, as some may call it. I enter the Day's Guard and perform a diagonal downward swing with the sword while stepping forward, turning the blade's movement into a sort of circle as I pull up my right hand, smoothly entering into the Day's guard on the other side. Quite a simple strike, and in essence the one most people would do on instinct. But powerful. I repeat the Zornhau a few times, sometimes standing still, sometimes moving forward, sometimes moving backward.

Second. Twerchhau - or I don't know what else to call it. I enter the ox guard and twist my hands around while stepping forward, the sword spinning around my back and to my front rapidly. Then again, from the other side. Stepping back and forth, I repeat the Twerchhau aimed at various heights. Next up, from the Day's Guard, the same strike, different hand movements. Thrust the right hand forward, follow with the left hand and move them both upward, the left hand higher up than the right one to have the blade point downward at the enemy. Any strike from above is folly against the Twerch, cuz the blade either gets deflected to the side with me hitting the opponent's head, or gets blocked by my sword's handguard. Rinse and repeat while standing still, while moving forward and backward, and from both sides and at varying heights.

Now, uh... which other notable strikes were there...? Damn, been too long. My memory is failing me.
Till's Path to Greatness (1) OPEN (@Quaesitor)

Ah, right. There was that one. The Schaitelhau, I think. Essentially a very high cut towards the opponents head from, for example. the Day's Guard. By simply lifting my hands up to head height and moving the right one downwards so that it is, together with the left hand, in a parallel line to the ground. The height of the hands or actual tilt might vary depending on the opponent's height and the fight's circumstances, of course. Now, what's the point of this almost awkwardly high strike?

Well, the point is supposed to hit the enemy's head! Jokes aside, with it being so high, any low guard - like the fools guard, for example - struggles in defending against it and if an opponent with a weapon of similar length attempts a low strike I can simply pull back my lower body and feet while leaning forward, which puts him in my range but my lower body out of his range. And to be honest, even with strikes at my chest or something, if using a weapon of similar length, mine would still be slightly better than the opponent's - but not to a degree where I'd comfortably use it. Don't want to misjudge the length of the blade and get hit, after all.

Now, I really wish I had someone to practice parries with. Some light sparring would be nice too.

Bochi

A Talk Between Kings (I) [CLOSED]

It was nearing midnight, and Elaine was sitting still. Heat clung to her body and she was sweating by the bucket, yet the Sefirot continued keeping still, sitting in her cross-legged position and concentrating.

Even so, she didn't miss the sounds of someone approaching from behind, but the Sefirot made no movement until the new arrival spoke.

"May I join you?"

"By all means, go ahead."

There was no splashing noises at all as the Shogun slipped smoothly into the hot spring, leaned back against the stones, and sighed in relief. Enjoying that rare moment of peace.

"So...I heard you've been writing letters to your guildmaster."

The Sefirot winced.

"I have."

A short pause.

"What did he say? Is Scribel willing to send reinforcements over to aid us?"

"I fear to say that as of this moment, the entirety of Scribel's aid sits a few metres away from you."

"...So I see. It's as I expected, then."

Elaine shifted a bit closer, up until she was sitting right next to the Shogun, who was looking into the water.

"So, what's your plans, Kirin?"

"...Honestly? I don't know, Elaine. Scribel refuses to send more aid, and we don't have the manpower to mount any counterattacks. We can only strengthen our borders and wait for them to come, and staying on the defensive will not win us this fight."

The Sefirot nodded thoughtfully.

"Why not a ceasefire, then? Both this mountain and the Oni are from your world, aren't they? Some of them possess intelligence, so if you put together a reasonable treaty---"

"It won't work. Or rather, it'll work, but not on the Oni. They're the exceptions."

"Oho? Do explain."

"Oni are...special. Their thinking, reasoning, way of life...all of it, different. This isn't the first time the city's tangled with Oni. Five generations back, the then-Shogun proposed a ceasefire with the Oni, inviting them to come live in the city as part of the treaty. Up until then we've only ever clashed, so this new method gained a lot of traction."

"From that expression, I'm guessing it didn't quite go well."

Kirin scowled, a vengeful fire in her eyes.

"Of course it didn't. The Oni went back on the treaty within hours of it's establishment, rampaging during the banquet we held on that very night. The entirety of Yato burned to the ground---why do you think the buildings of Yato look newer compared to those in Fuyu? We were much stronger then---both Suzaku and Genbu were around, and the Fuyu Guards were better trained and more numerous. We were hopeful, optimistic, and fucking naive!"

Elaine leaned back to avoid the eruption of water when the Shogun slammed one hand into it. A good portion of the hot spring went everywhere---over the rims, into her own face, soaking her well-braided hair.

"So many innocent civilians died that night! We weren't expecting something so direct, and we paid for it! Never again!"

Elaine spoke into the angry silence that was caused by Kirin stopping to take a deep breath.

"Yet the city survived, didn't it."

"You wouldn't be saying that if you had been there that night; we quickly lost Yato and retreated to Fuyu, regrouping amongst what fighters that were left after the initial onslaught. But almost everyone had their reasons why they needed to return to the mountain city, and so we fought our way back up there. Every square metre of the mountain we reclaimed was paid with the blood of beastmen. And when we finally reached the top, those fuckers---They torched the city before our very eyes! That's why I'll never ever ever trust an oni! They'll pay for what they've done and more!"

Then the Sefirot was hugging her, patting her on the back. Not mentioning the tears.

"...And you know, before we slew their leader, I asked her why they'd done so. I had to know, in a morbid way, what they found so unacceptable about it that they had to rampage. But that bitch had the gall to laugh, bleeding from dozens of injuries, and tell me that they did it because they were bored. Because they felt like it. Not because they were offended in any way, but just because."

"......"

"That's why...don't ever deal with oni. They'll laugh with you, then stab you in the back. Not for profit, not for purpose---just because they want to. They don't follow any rule or logic, other than their own ways...The reason they agreed to the peace treaty, as we later found out, was because they thought it was an interesting thing. And it turned out that slaying innocents was even more interesting for them."

"I see."

Elaine waited five minutes before leaning back to stare at her bathhouse companion in the eyes.

"Feeling better after that rant, Kirin?"

"...I'm sorry you had to see this side of me."

"No worries. I'm the one that stuck her nose where it doesn't belong. But it's not impossible to garner Scribel's support, actually. There are ways."

"What do you mean?"

"Let me walk you back to your quarters first. Then I'll tell you more about it. But as you said, if the Oni tend to do what they find interesting, then perhaps..."

Elaine stared in the direction of Scribel City, and smiled knowingly.

*****​

That night, someone other than a certain Sefirot was looking at Scribel City in the distance.

"Mother!"

A smile broke out across her face as she caught the speaker in a hug.

"There you are. Where have you been running off to lately?"

"A friend! In the plains!"

"Ara! What kind of friend is she?"

"Uhm, uhm...she's a tsukumogami!"

A little explanation. Because Elaine had introduced herself as Tree, Hii had taken it literally, leading to the misconception that she was an actual tree. Then add in the lie about only coming out after dusk, and bam. A spirit of the trees.

The grown woman nodded, putting the thought out of her mind as she picked up the little girl and turned back to look at the city in the distance.

"See that city, Hii? I heard that there's a lot of fun to be had there."

"Ooh! Can I go, Mother?"

"Of course you can. Remember to bring all your friends too. Just don't be late for dinner, got it?"

"Un!"

Watching the girl run off in merriment, the woman with two black horns on her forehead smiled and followed, but not before turning to take one last knowing glance at Scribel City.

Zorion: Living in the city and preparing for a hunting trip (Closed)

Over the next few days Zorion did nothing but worked in the mines, with the help of Ted, they harvested many chunks of copper. The job was not one authorised by the city nor one from the guild but Zorion liked hanging out with Ted, and in his own way he was supporting the city.

And from watching the small animal work he notices how the creature used earth magic with its paws and sniffed out the ore. Although the magic was too difficult for Zorion on account of his affinity with earth elements, so how he felt he could do the same in controlling air quality and purifying water.

For a few days he worked at the mines unnoticed, but he was caught he was faced with the foreman, all he said was “I can’t pay ya! It’s not a quest so I can’t pay ya nothin,”

Zorion didn’t mind, he was not strapped for cash since he made a lot of money making jewellery for a noble before he left Scribel

After a few days, the foreman felt bad, so in exchange, he got some miners to teach him some things about how mines are set up, the maintenance and expansion of mines, all the things the adventures don’t see because they just breeze in and breeze out, picking away without any worries.

A week passed pretty quickly but still all the copper he had mined did nothing to bolster the stock of Gelderholm, but his effort was appreciated by the foreman. So he said farewell to Ted and the foreman, he left the mines.

Through working in the mines, reading the air with wind magic and doing physical labour he had improved in a lot of ways. The mine did not pay, and the copper he did not keep but he also worked at the guild occasionally processing reports, and that earned him a small sum.

But that was not enough money to re-equip himself to hunt in the mountain pass. If the prices at Scribel were anything to go by, the market at Gelderhom a war ridden city, it might be worse, he might need to sell some things.

The Guild had told him how expensive it would be to get items from scible sent over, and items would be more expensive here. But, on the bright side, to say in better words, due to the food shortage, all foodstuff and meat were worth their weight in gold.

Gathering his goods he went to the market sector, the meat jerky and the dried meat from the demonic boar was sold at an exuberant price. Along with the things he no longer needed, he earned a hefty sum.

And with it he did not buy much, only a white cloak made of yeti fur, a spyglass, some climbing equipment and replenished some of his travelling sundries.

With that he was ready for his next quest.

OOC:
LossGain
Sack of dried Demonic Boar meatWhite Yeti Cloak
Demonic boar core and hideSpyglass
Meat JerkyClimbing equipment
Short spearTravelling Sundries
Wooden shield
Custom Alloy Longsword
Elemental Basics Tome
Bottles of moonlight water
Bow
Arrows
Woodcutter;s axe
All recent report earnings
50g

Reciful

The Magic She use is stained in Black

In the Prairie near the Farmland In between Scrible City & Asteria Village where many Shepherd lives.

The White Girl Reciful is currently sitting in a Zen mediation in a Large Flat rock while Being surrounded by Fluffy White Sheep Burying her in their Fur.

Despite that, she is not distracted no movement can be seen on her postures... She is in deep concentration.

[...... Nnnnn... Nothing is Happening~ ] she Muttered with concerned tone.

Reciful been trying to figure out how to completely use the nature of her new Skill ( Darkness ) after her Rebirth from death, this Skill is the Biggest mystery for her out of the the 3 skills she currently have.

The Darkness skill can allow her to control her own Shadow, Enter Object or Corpse inside her shadow but it have now a limit.. but the Biggest Mystery for Reciful is the Existence of Black magic (basic) added & the Skills new Description... Which Indicates Reciful now can use Mana.

The Problem is... Reciful have no Idea how to use mana, She never have a Mana(Magical Energy) to begin with. The things she did before she got weakened is simply Because of her Race, inherited power, her own former identity. & Basically its all in the realm of miracle how she do things before... Well she is a daughter of a God.

What's more Magic made of Mana is one of Reciful greatest weakness before as a Eldritch Abomination & even when she is still the Ancient Evil Goddess... Magic is always been one of her natural Enemies.

& Now she can use it... The very thing that killed her two times before, now is one of the only thing she can depend on while she is at her weakest... The irony is too great that she unconsciously give up her wrath against magic... Disregarding the pride she never have once.

[ I tried all I knew of... Nothing happens... How to use Mana? where it came from??, what actually is it??? what purpose do mana holds?!?!?.. I dunno~... I never have mana ever before~.... Magic~ what is magic anyway? all I know is that its the one that killed me...*Sigh* ]

Reciful been talking to herself while surrounded By fluffy White sheep's as if trying to comfort the sad white girl.

Gazing at the Noon sky watching as the clouds gently pass above her, while a gentle breeze sweep the field of wheats.. Reciful laid on the flat rock where she sat under the shade of a large Oak tree in the middle of the farm field... As she contemplated sadly no answer came out. Soon the White girl fell asleep while being surrounded by a flock of sheep as if guarding the white girl who is sleeping peacefully.

Last edited:

Vanus

Misers headquarters: "We lost contact with firefox they were in the Lizardmen region we are going to have to place another temporary contact their to reestablish the link between our work in Scribel and that of the Diviners. Any recommendations?" The cloaked figure crosses his hands a fly floats through his body and then drops to the floor as if it had breathed in a poison gas. The small crowd of 5 gathered around the man fidget nervously in their seats.
One with a full black mask covering their face gains the nerve to speak, "We can't afford to send anyone into the lizardmen region really boss. No one has an excuse except one or two of the newest recruits and they definitely can't be trusted. We haven't tested them past the basic stages yet nothings arisen." The cloaked figure seems to emanate an aura of anger that runs throughout the crowd and small black vapours begin to drift off his figure.
"This is not a game you lot our time is limited the prize has been moved out from our fingers twice before. Send whomever all we need to do is someone who can restore the contact lines. The actual new permanent contact is heading there now you'll know them when you see them so keep an eye out." The cloaked figure reaches out and pulls on the mask of the man whom spoke before. The man grasps his face making sure to keep his mask on but the feeling is like it burns and sears the skin underneath. "Now who can we send."
A figure with golden skin spits it out, "We will send the adventurer AIEO it's the logical choice. The only problem is on her end. She appears to have an immense disdain for those such as them from our reports and recording. So so long as we make it worth her time or she has a good reason to not screw up?"
"Who's her direct boss stay here the rest of you get out you useless swine."

A few moments later in the now empty room the two men one standing and the other sitting were alone a black mist began to float around the room dampening the sound. "So it's you. No surprise really I should have known you would be the only useful man here." The mist begins to get denser around the two of them as time goes on. "Now how do we motivate them to get the job done? Or can you not?" The man taps his wrist as if a timer is ticking.
"We can of course motivate them I'm sure they would love to keep this war going on in the Lizardmen territory and last I checked the diviners wanted it to continue to? The funny thing though is that the Holy Human Empire was trying to end it weren't they?" The man sitting in his chair has a fully functional gas mask on but it's made out of a shimmering silver alloy. He shivers every time he opens his mouth.
The standing man taps the side of his head, "Well of course they are after all that'd weaken our business's over there though not much. But they might think that's all they need. But that information is surprising and not amusing to know of. Remember to inform your new contact would you?" The man in the gas mask nods. "Write the letter I'll deliver it personally." A letter appears in the lap of the man who quickly writes the note out to his protege scribbling a few words of encouragement to keep her greater vices in check during this mission after all we want the war to continue leading to the deaths of xenos. A hand appears out of the smoke when the man finishes writing and the smoke and everything rapidly disappears into the night. Leaving behind a shivering man.

The gas deposits the letter into AIEO's arms without disturbing her sleep properly. Though as soon as the letter touches her reactions are already firing all over AIEO's bodies waking her rapidly and moving her body away from the letter. So as she wakes a white letter drops to the floor in front of her. AIEO scoops the letter up quickly reads it and then drops the thing into the sewers below. "Time for me to head off to the lizardmen territory then. This will not be fun." AIEO grumpily stalks off to the guild to familiarise herself with the territory.

Gelderholm: Food Glorious Food! (Closed)

Tomak waited impatiently for his shift to end, he need to tell someone, someone that’d believe him,

Food magic! Food magic is coming back!

He had told his co-workers, even his captain, they thought him mad. He looked at the piece of bacon in his hand; it was bacon yet... it was oozing with mana, he resisted every urge to scoff it down then and there, but he resisted it was his proof.

When Boi'nak the next guard of the next shift came to relief him of his duties, he rushed off with neither a proper yay or nay.

The tavern the one he frequented he had to go there!

Bursting through the door he raised his voice even though he was out of breath. "That Triton! He. He-

"Worked the mines. Yah, we know. That’s old news Tomak" One of his friend childed

"NO! no. N-no, the Triton. He can use Food magic!!!"

“Whaa~” one dwarf looked up from his meal flummoxed.

The tavern fell silent as Tomak held a piece of bacon for everyone to see.

"Food magic! He summoned a storm of bacon. This!" he wagged the bacon in the air, “is made from mana!"

A dwarf frozen from the revelation lets a tankard fall from his gasp, landing on the ground with a clatter.

Like a signal, the room burst into chatter.

“What?”
“Food magic is real?”
“Where is he?”
“I thought it's a legend”
“Nah, It's real! My Da, has a piece of steak as hard as adamantium!”
“Are you sure? is it not just your ma’s terrib-”
“Finish that sentence, Tre. And I shove that steak down yer pie hole!”
“Food Vault we need to find the food vault!”
“The war-woks! the war-woks will rise again!”

“Calm down. Calm down!,” it was Gargaan the mine foreman that spoke,”So what? What does the Triton want? Will he live here from now, how much food magic does he know?”

Tomak did not know for sure, Zorion claimed he did not know muchm"He must know some! H-he he told me he can talk to fruit!"

Gasps washes across the room. It was those words that even the most cynical started to come around. and hopeful the hopeful were ecstatic!

“He is the chosen one!”

“He needs to inherited the legacy of the Eduliumancers”

One for the dwarfs gasps “But he needs to go to the deeper levels”

“Forget the legacy, wielder of food magic can open the sealed food vault of Galafa Jin"

"No the legacy is important! He must take the legacy of Bluumar Targ and save Gelderholm!”

"Listen! Listen!" Tomak held the bacon up high and attention gathered upon him. “We need to talk to him...”

He knew if the Triton was to use his magic to help, at the very least he need the Food magic tome of Bluum Targ. That meant he needed to brave the deeper levels of Gelderholm. But it is a place that was long ago forsaken by the dwarfs; whatever prowled those forgotten depths were as dangerous as the Hydra's armies if not more so. Going there will take more than a fleeting desire.

Hope was a dangerous thing in Gelderholm because disappointment was just as painful as any arrow.

“But if he agrees-”

“May we will ride once more with pure white sabres made of ice cream!” one screamed

“Yeaaa!” they cheered

“Return of the Grill-born! Grill-born!!”

Cheers and thumping of tables!

“Bring back the glory of days of the Ale blender!”

The dwarves of the tavern roared!

Long into the night, the tavern's patron traded stories of glorious fables of Eduliumancers. Regardless of what Zorion will do, a little joy blossomed in Gelderholm that night.

Last edited:

Bochi

??? [CLOSED]

"So, this is it."
"Mhm. Your friend has come to bring you home, after all. And I believe that finishes up your assignment as well."
"Un."
"I see. So I can finally return."
"Stop stating the obvious, birdbrain. Hurry up, I can't wait to get back to Rhodes Island."
"I know."

"...Will you be alright?"
"Who, me? Who do you think you're talking to, eh? I'll be fine. Plus, you need that body."
"But..."
"I told you it's fine, so just hurry and go already. You're making me feel itchy and I punch people when I feel itchy. Things can't be helped when it's like that."
"...Thanks."
"Yeah, yeah. Now bugger off and go back to where your friends are waiting. And don't make a mess of it this time; let a girl take her break, huh?"

"Then, we'll be going. Bye bye."
"Cya."
"...Farewell. Thank you for everything."

...Hah.

Nahrenne

A meal for animals (Closed)

Leaving the guild building after getting her report evaluated, Liana headed for the house with the dog following close behind. Reaching the house, Liana unlocked the door and went inside, motioning for the dog to follow. A little unsure at first, the dog then started wagging its tail and bounded into the building when Liana took out a meaty bone left over from an earlier meal. Placing the meaty bone on the ground, Liana sat down at the kitchen table and watched her new companion greedily gnaw away at its meal.

"What am I going to do with you...?" She muttered as she struggled over whether she should really treat the animal as an emergency food source, or not. She felt guilty about doing it, since she'd given the animal hope for a better life. As such, the dog seemed to sense Liana's negative mood, stopped gnawing on its meal and padded over to her before nuzzling its dirty face into her lap.

"Well this is a new sight." Julrik said as he entered the house with a bag of groceries in his arms. He placed the bag on the kitchen worktop and turned to look at the mangy-looking dog. "So, do I take it you took that adopt a pet quest?"

"...Is it not okay to have it here?" Liana asked, a little worried.

"It's a food supply, no~? Although, I'm pretty sure my frigid b*tch of a sister would love to be your main food source~" He replied with a smirk.

Liana blushed as vague images of that night flashed in her mind before shaking her head, "No. Although I appreciate Hejlikka's willingness to feed me, I don't think it would be healthy for her to do so all of the time."

"Hence why you adopted this mutt?" The male elf took out an apple and started eating it while pointedly staring at the dog.

Giving a wry smile, Liana lowered her head and looked at the dog, "Only as an absolute last resort...One that I hope will never happen." The dog licked her hand and wagged its tail before going back to the meaty bone.

"Well, at least make sure it gets cleaned...the smell is awful."

Liana smiled brightly at the male elf, before making his meal, washing the dog's fur and leaving it in her room before heading out to possibly do another quest while the night was still there.

[OC: Liana, Julrik and dog|Setting: Scribel City - Hejlikka's house|Word Count: 404]

X

Reciful

The Magic She use is stained in Black 2

( Events in a Distant past: Dream )

Inside a dim room where a single oil lamp is the only source of light.

in a old wooden table full of Books & Scroll a girl dressed in a apprentice Nun outfit is diligently writing in the front of the lamp.

[ Ẅ̶̨͔̗͉̰̥̹͒͝͠h̷̟̠͛̇̆̑̈́̓a̴͍̖͛͌͊̀̕t̸͕̣̳͇̙̟̽͋͜͠ ̸̨̧̱̯̯͙̾̍̈́̽͛͆ą̶͙͖̫̟̞͒̍̋͜r̶̻̈́͠͠e̶̡̪̤̲͒̇ͅ ̶͈͔̻͕̠̟̎̕ͅŷ̶̲̲͑o̷͇̺̰̺͙̓̇̈́̀̍̀u̵͙͙̗̍͠ ̵̤͐̈̎̏̽̅ḑ̵̹͈̳̟͛̅̈́ỏ̷̠̩͚̲̣̤͓̒̇͂̓i̸͔̪̎̐̋̈ṋ̶̲̟̉̃̚͝g̸̥͋̉̍̃͘ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛? ]

[ Hmm?... Oh This? I'm Studying Holy Magic for the Nun apprentice test tommorow at the Cathedral... Did I wake you up? Sorry Reciful ]

[ I̴t̶'̷s̶ ̶F̷i̷n̴e̶ ̵⬛̶⬛̵⬛̷⬛̶⬛̵.̸.̴.̴ ̴B̷u̷t̴ ̷w̴h̸y̷?̵.̶.̸.̷ ̴W̶h̷a̵t̴ ̴s̶o̶ ̶g̵o̸o̷d̴ ̷a̷b̶o̵u̸t̵ ̸M̴a̴g̴i̶c̵ ̴⬛̷⬛̴⬛̸⬛̶⬛̸?̴?̸ ]

[ Mmm let's see... Oh! ]

[ Magic is the last gift of the Gods towards humanity & to the world after the age of the Gods came to an end, where men & gods part ways. Magic is the method or way for us Human to replicate the Miracles of the gods Bringing blessing & Salvation through it for others. In short I believe that Magic is the light for us Humanity who left the safety under the gods loving care & protection to stand on our own. ] The Girl in the Nun apprentice Dress said so

[ Magic is final gift of the Gods to humans the last act for showing their love upon humanity. Magic is the way for us to stand up on our own feet to face against the Evil the world & Humanity has. Magic is the guide so that we may never lost our way in the darkness. Magic is the reminder left by the Gods so that we humanity may never forget about them who once loved us ]

the nun apprentice said so with a gentle yet seriously tone on her voice, her face depict conviction.

[ I̷ ̸d̵o̶n̷'̶t̴ ̴k̷n̸o̷w̴.̶.̶.̶ ̷I̴ ̵n̶e̷v̷e̸r̷ ̵h̷a̴v̴e̵ ̸M̶a̴n̶a̸ ̸&̸ ̸n̴e̵v̷e̶r̸ ̸u̴s̶e̵d̵ ̵M̸a̷n̶a̵ ̷e̷v̶e̶r̵.̸.̷.̴ ̷]

[ Eh?... Really! Wooow! Reciful is amazing as always!.. Well I guess its only natural your a Goddess after all ]

[ t̸h̷e̷n̵ ̴w̸h̷a̶t̸ ̴a̷b̷o̸u̴t̶ ̸p̵e̸o̵p̴l̴e̴ ̶w̷h̵o̴ ̷n̴e̴v̵e̷r̵ ̴h̸a̷v̷e̵ ̴m̶a̷g̴i̷c̵.̴.̴.̴ ̷D̴o̴ ̸H̶u̴m̴a̷n̸i̸t̵y̴ ̴g̸o̸d̸s̵ ̴n̴e̵v̷e̶r̴ ̶l̵o̶v̶e̴ ̸t̵h̷e̷m̷?̶ ]

[ Nnnn~... I don't think so... Even if they have no mana the method of using magic is available for all... Maybe they can borrow the Mana from the world to use magic?.... Well it's just My own theory only. but I personally think its possible. everyone can use magic is what I believe cause the Gods loved us all equally. ]

[ I̵s̶ ̴t̷h̴a̴t̶ ̶s̵o̶~̵.̷.̸.̵ ̵I̸f̸ ̵t̶h̷a̵t̶ ̴w̴h̵a̴t̴ ̶⬛̷⬛̷⬛̶⬛̸⬛̴ ̴T̵h̴i̵n̵k̵ ̴s̸o̶.̷.̴.̵ ̷t̷h̴e̵n̷ ̷I̶'̵l̴l̸ ̶a̶l̷s̴o̵ ̵b̶e̵l̶i̷e̴v̸e̵ ̴i̷t̸~̷.̵.̴.̴.̵ ̶B̵u̶t̶ ̴U̵n̶l̸i̷k̴e̵ ̶ ̴d̵o̵e̷s̷ ̴G̶o̴d̵s̴ ̴w̶h̸o̵ ̸l̷e̶f̸t̵ ̴H̵u̴m̷a̶n̸i̴t̷y̵.̶.̶.̸ ̸I̷ ̵w̴i̴l̵l̶ ̴n̷e̴v̸e̶r̴ ̸l̶e̴f̶t̴ ̷y̴o̸u̸ ̷⬛̷⬛̸⬛̷⬛̷⬛̷ ̶a̷l̸o̵n̸e̸ ̵e̴v̵e̶r̵.̶.̸.̴ ̵I̵ ̶w̶i̵l̸l̶ ̸a̷l̶w̷a̴y̸s̸ ̸b̴e̷ ̶b̸y̶ ̴y̷o̶u̷r̶ ̶s̸i̷d̵e̷ ̷f̵o̵r̶e̵v̷e̶r̵ ̵I̷'̵l̶l̸ ̷b̸e̸ ̸y̶o̶u̴r̷ ̸G̶o̵d̸d̵e̸s̷s̵ ̸f̵o̴r̴ ̸a̷l̵l̶ ̶e̷t̷e̴r̶n̵i̴t̶y̷ ̸&̶ ̸o̵n̴l̸y̷ ̸y̵o̵u̵r̵s̷.̴ ̸ ]

[ Oh wow that heavy!... Ahahaha.. thank you Reciful I likewise wants to be with you to.. forever ] said by the Nun apprentice girl towards the being made out of Darkness who is her only friend.

( Past dream ends )

*****​

Waking up from her dreams due to the sounds of a Commotion.

Reciful noticed that she fell asleep. The sky is already dark, seems like she fell asleep for quite sometime its already midnight now.

Looking around, Reciful notice that the Sheep's around her were the one making noises... They are trembling all together near her as if afraid of something.

Directing her gaze at the direction were the Sheep's seems to be wary. Reciful saw some yellow glowing predator like eyes hiding in the wheat field at night.

[ Hm? Something is Hiding...... Okay let's greet it! ] Reciful said to herself cheerfully. Standing up from where she is & walking towards the Wheats, making the Sheep's even more nervous.

[ It's okay it's okay~.... Don't worry~ all is well~ you see! ]

Noticing the Sheep's fear, Reciful reassure the Sheep's from Panicking.

Reciful Stretch both of her arms Wide & the Shadow beneath her Moved as if its has life on its own.

Then slowly two Metallic object shine from within her shadow as it emerges from it. while moonlight on the sky reflected on those cold metalic surface making them shine.

An Axe made of Steel & A Cleaving Butcher Knife slowly emerged from Reciful Shadow up towards her outstretched Hands.

[ Now then... You'll pay the prize for scarring the Sheep's, & Interrupting My dreams... I shall release to you all My frustrations throughout the whole day~... Well then Let's play! Okay! Don't run okay? ]

The White girl Reciful said so with a innocent smile on her face, Wielding an Axe on her Left & a Cleaver on her right. The Moonlight from above shine down upon her making her pure white visage standout even more as if Glowing in the darkness of night making her looks even more unworldly as if Ephemeral. as her Blood red eye shines containing unknown light gazing upon what's in front of her.

[ Ahh~ if only I can understand using magic by killing you dogs(Wild wolf)... ] Reciful muttered in silent.

Last edited:

Bochi

??? [CLOSED]

"Hey, give me a break. You're seriously asking that of me? Hah...like, you could have asked for just about anything else which I could have granted, but you ask this of me. The sheer amount of boldness in this one request...fine, fine, I'll grant it. Can't renegade on my promise now, can I? But if things go south, I've got nothing to do with it, alright?"

"Oh, I won't say everything's going to be all cotton candy and rainbows. It's old magic, after all. And when doing stuff like that something's bound to go wrong. But you're pretty resolute about seeing it through, so I'll humour you. But dear lord, you really went to that extent...fine. Got all the steps written down?"

"Alright, here's the ring. Remember, between now and midnight, if you regret it, there's plenty of time to undo it. Afterwards, whatever happens, happens. And let us pray that this is merely pessimism on my part...hah, mortals can really be a pain to deal with. If nothing else, I'll be heading back. Bye."

In the centre of the courtyard of a certain shrine, there was a life-sized earthen sculpture of a girl. Despite the rather mundane material it was made from, the sculptor's care could clearly be seen in the details. Throw in an intricate coat of paint, and it could even pass for a person. And now a ring was being slipped onto it's finger; one with a winking ruby.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

She stepped back to admire the handicraft, yawned, and headed into her room. The wooden door shut with a soft bang, then silence reigned.

The city was above the clouds, so sometimes it stayed dry even when it was raining heavily, for no clouds were above it. The hours passed by quietly as always, so far away from everything. As of this moment, this was one of the highest peaks in the world.

When an imaginary clock struck midnight, a bolt of lightning blasted through the clear sky, and struck the sculpture dead centre, which promptly started cracking. Pieces of earth fell away to reveal the peachy skin underneath.

"...…"

And the girl broke free of her prison, falling to the floor. Air coursed through the newly-made lungs, providing for the body that had just woken up. She blinked, grasping one hand into a fist. Looking at the ring on her finger.

"...Huh."

Hearing her own voice, likely by instinct, the edges of her mouth tipped upwards in a smile. It wasn't a warm one.

"Big mistake."

InsertName

Camp Lily
*Diary Entry #4*
(Closed)
It's been a few days since I've healed the Dire Wolf, it has been living with Gobo and I ever since. I tried to mark it the day I healed it, but it relented and did not accept the mark. Gobo and I have been trying to coax the wolf into accepting the mark ever since. I've also been stocking up on herbs more then usual. The slime horde was about to come any day now and I wouldn't be able to go foraging for herbs safely any more.

--------

It look's like I won't be able to tame this Dire wolf, it's been a whole week now since I've healed it and still no progress. I come to a decision and release the Dire wolf back into the forest. Hopefully it doesn't go around eating more suspicious meat now. Gobo and I then for the rest of the day just collected more potion supplies, better to have more then less.

--------

It came back. The big Dire wolf came back to Lily today, in the morning and It looked quite beaten and battered. Seems like something must of happened with it and it's wolf pack. I give the Dire wolf a few pieces of meat and give it one of my healing potions. After the wolf finishes it's meal, it goes back and rests at it's sleeping spot. I will try the mark again tonight, hopefully the Dire Wolf accepts this time.

--------

She accepted the mark this time. She accepted upon the demand of 3 full meals everyday. After her marking I can see she has transformed and gained some trait of plant on her. She now has a dark shade of green fur, with little plant like seedlings growing on her. She explains to me that, when I forced her to stay with us the week, her pack elected a new leader in her absence. She tried to acquire back her leadership position, but unfortunately unable to do so. I apologize and asks her if she want's help to get her pack leader role back. She declines and says she would rather stay here and have free meals everyday from now on. Quite a glutton I have on my hands, I will name her Spring.

--------

It's been a few days ever since Spring's marking. We've been getting used to our routine of Gobo and I in the afternoon going to collect potion materials, while Spring guards Lily. Then when we arrive back from foraging, we would go out hunting for lunch and dinner. We practiced our battle and fighting tactics, while on hunts. I still haven't done a quest with all 3 of us yet, we've been just practicing in our hunts. May be we will do one together soon, who knows.

--------

Gobo and I came back from foraging and just then we heard Scribel Bell ringing.
The slime horde was here.

Quaesitor

Strange Dreams (1)

I stirr, finding myself inside a strange forest. The sky is dark - which means I can't have slept for long - but I cannot fathom how I ended up inside this forest. No matter where I look, there are thick branches and the trees are bare, barely a leaf on them. The moonlight pierces through the many branches above me, tinting the forest in a pale white which is drowned out by the black of the trees and ground.

As I step forward my foot gets caught in something - looking down I can see the whole ground covered in roots, entangled with one another and branching off without an end in sight. I place my next step carefully, only to have my face hit a low-hanging branch. Looking closer, branches like this seem to be everywhere. It is almost as if this forest doesn't want me to move anywhere.

But I have to find out where I am. Dodging the low branches and having to navigate the maze of roots, I quickly find myself on all fours, crawling around.

-something white and winged buzzes by the corner of my eye, snapping me out of my trance. What was I doing? I'm not an animal or beast, am I!? I shake my head and get up. And spot pale white spots shimmering between the black of the trees - not the moonlight, no. They seem to be alive, and not just the moonlight... I force myself onwards through the branches and finally realize what these white things are.

They are moths. Dozens... hundreds... no, countless of them. The moment this realization hits the forest suddenly seems to be completely filled with these moths, covering the trees and roots, fluttering through the air, blotting out the world with their white. They swarm over my ears, their buzzing suddenly replacing the previous silence and buzzing in my mind, trying to cram themselves into my mouth as they-

I wake up, a chortled scream on my lips as I am gasping for air. I-I'm in my room. Everything is fine. It was just a dream. "Just a bad dream..."

But then why can I still feel them on my skin, in my mouth, hear the buzzing in my mind? Listening closely, it seems to be some... weird sort of phrase.

"in gi rum imus noc te et con sumi "

What the hell does that mean? Just as it starts to become irritating, it fades and I forget the phrase altogether. Exhausted, I drop back into my bed again and enter a soothing, dreamless sleep.

Bochi

The Qliphat’s Desire [CLOSED]

By all standards, Ellania wasn’t a very happy girl. After all, putting the subject of individual or otherwise aside, she was a complete accident. Her own creator hadn’t meant to bring about her awakening, but at that point it was too late for anyone to do anything about it.

“Tch. I’ll kill that damned bastard.”

And who was her creator? Tenth Sefirot, Malkuth, Seraph of Kings. Or more specifically, a certain Elaine during her stint as the latest and not-exactly-greatest Malkuth.

“Mixing a pure human element into the concept of Kingship. Idiots could have seen that it was a moronic idea, but no, the biggest brainiac of them all just had to take her under her wing.”

After that one unfortunate incident where the above mentioned former lashed out at the above mentioned latter, Ellania was born. Though at that time she didn’t have any sense of self-identity, and regarded herself more of an evil Elaine. This time, however, things were different.

“I’d have been pleased never to see the light of day again, but nooo. First troublesome thing that happens and she already pushed me out to do her dirty work. Well, f*ck that. How about I slit her throat instead.”

Even as she grumbled angrily, however, the Qliphat was making a detailed plan. Her ‘parent’—the term gave her an aneurysm—wasn’t easy to kill. Even in the best possible scenario, she would have to overpower three Sefirots in a straight fight.

“Yeah, impossible. I might be able to take down Tenth by herself, but if the First and Third join in I’m completely screwed. And those moronic supposed allies of mine are all cowards or dead as nails.”

Sighing, she sipped her tea. The plan would require several phases, but she could wait. She’d already stuck around for thousands of years—err, she was just a fresh sprig at the age of 21. Making a plan was easy, but improvising was tough. And at the end of it all, the goal was—

“A cup of the best tea in the Celestial Realm...what blasted drivel am I spewing. Drinking tea can wait until I kill my stupid Mother.”

Frowning, she considered her options. At last the girl sighed, tossed her empty cup away and listened to it shatter.

“I wonder if they’ve got any of them primal beasts in this place.”

Himekawa

Zero

In my long forgotten cloistered sleep, You and I were resting close in peace~
Was it just the dreaming of my heart? Now I'm crying, don't know why.

A dream... was it a dream? She could feel the warmth of his hand when he touched her. Their hand interlinking, she could feel his heartbeat in her skin. The vivid memories of his smile, how his eyes sparkled brilliantly as he told her wondrous tales of what he did. The expression of concern when she fought to protect him, was it just a lie? Yet, no matter how vivid he was in her mind, she couldn't recall his name.

Where do all the tears come from (to my eyes)?
Could no one ever dry up this spring?
If you find me crying in the dark,
Please call my name from the heart.

The first time he approached her, she was alone there. Even if she could think, she thought that she was nothing different than the other water around her. That day, she recalled vividly, how he emerged from the forest. He asked her to make a pact with him. It was the first time a human came to her place. That time, she wondered what kind of creature is he?

'Great spirit of water, my name is," [STATIC]. "I beseech you, please grant me your power."

Great? what did he mean by great? She was simply her. On that matter, why could she understand what he said? That time, she ignored that line of thought. The creature in front of her asked something from her. Yet, she did not know what she had to do. What she was, what she has, what she would be was water. Nothing more, and nothing less. If he just sought a water, she could give it to him.

She grasped the hand he offered, and everything changed for her.

It was the start of her life with him. With the man, she journeyed to all corner of the world. The man worked as a traveling magician, solving the problem of the people he encountered.

One day, she and the man came to a village that had a drought. Thus, she learned to be the Rain, and stay there until the food problem there was solved. Another day, the man came to a city where the sun made people collapse. Thus, she learned to be the Cloud to cover them from the sun, until the season changed. In another day, they came to an elf settlement where they have problem with their dying sacred tree. She learned to be the Wood to revitalize the trees. Bringing the bounties of earth into the tree, she learned how to influence the growth of plants. In another day, the ship the man was on was almost drowned due to pirate attack. She learned to be the Wave the man asked her to push the ship away from them. She learned to be the Bubbles to keep the ship afloat.

Then, the war came. The man was conscripted into the army magician corps. She learned to be the Mist to hide the man's location in the forest. She learned to be the Freeze as she became the man's sword and shield. They fought on the war. She pierced the body of his enemy. She guarded him from the attack from the other soldiers.

Sing with me a tiny autumn song, With the melodies of the days gone by. Dress my body all in flowers white, So no mortal eye can see.

Then, it was the end. he fell down as an arrow managed to hit him. For all her experience, she was not one to cure others. She tried to freeze the place where the man was bleeding, hoping to stem the flow of blood from the man's body. She didn't want him to die. Yet, she didn't know how to save him. No matter what she could do, she could not grant life for the man.

He cupped her face, saying that she should not cry and let him go. She couldn't. The war raged on around them as soldiers fought, but no one heard her plea to help him. She was just another soldier there. Arrows went through her. Sword cleaved her body. Yet, she reformed, as she was water. Meanwhile, His body felt colder and colder, his hand fell as he no longer had the strength to touch her face.

She closed his eyes. Carrying him in her hand, she left the battlefield to return to his home.

I'm sorry.

She said that to his sister. She was sorry that she could not return with him. She was sorry, for she could not protect him. She was sorry.

"You know... I'm not your contractor. But, can you grant a request of mine?"

They stood in front of his grave. She looked at his sister. The tears from the woman's face still hadn't stopped, as the woman faced her and said those words. She nodded.

"The childhood dream of his, he said that he wanted to travel around the world. He wanted to see how the snow fall in the north." The woman paused, as she inhaled hard through her nose, audible enough to her hearing. The woman then wiped some tears in her eyes.

He never told her that dream. But, she guessed that sooner or later, that dream would be completed as they journey. If it was not for this war, he might be accomplishing that dream already, with her beside him.

"So, can you? Can you let the snow fall here?"

And thus, she became the Snow, covering his graves with snowflakes.

Last edited: