Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Library

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Memo Title: Brightweed
Memo Category: Species > Plants
Content:

Brightweed is a variety of healing grass and healing herb that grows near Scribel City.

Description
Brightweed is difficult to distinguish from ordinary grass. It is reported to have a brighter green color, but this is a subjective measure. One adventurer went searching for the brightest and greenest grass around Scribel City, yet still struggled to consistently and accurately identify Brightweed. Some grass-eating adventurers have eaten Brightweed without knowing it was anything other than ordinary grass.

The most reliable way to identify Brightweed is a with a mana sensing ability. Adventurers have reported that Brightweed has a wisp, trace, or sparkle of mana to it.

Distribution
Brightweed has been found in the Scribel Region. They are known to grow in fields inside the North Scribel Forest. They are reportedly more abundant deeper inside the forest.

Healing grass has also been found alongside rivers and streams.

Properties
Brightweed is considered a healing herb and has healing properties.

It is also an important food source for wild animals and monsters. Some variety of slimes are known to eat healing grass, and other forest animals have been observed eating brightweed. Interestingly, there are isolated reports of some animals undergoing strange changes (e.g. slightly growing in size) after eating healing herbs like brightweed.

Among grazing adventurers, brightweed is reported to be quite tasty with a soothing quality.

Uses
To be harvested properly for medicinal purposes, Brightweed should be pulled with its roots intact. Brightweed harvested without its roots is reported to be inferior quality and have reduced healing potential.

Brightweed, like other healing herbs, are often used in healing salves or as a reagent to make potions.

References
Quest Report:
Character: Ryzen [Level 1 (EXP 0)/Money: 0]
Quest: Healing Herbs
Report:
I needed to find a decently easy job that could net me some good coin when I stumbled upon this gathering quest. Since it was simply picking up some grass, this job was right up my alley.

After registering the quest at the reception, I headed out to the local apothecary. The notice didn't put any description for the herb at all; no picture or location whatsoever. Luckily the lady that managed the apothecary was kind enough to share some information regarding the healing herb since she uses it the most.

It was a special kind of herb that grows in the outer region of a forest that was north of here. Apparently there were multiple kinds of healing herbs growing in that part of the forest.

But since the quest was looking for healing grass, then I'll only pick up healing grass.

It took me the entire day to gather the healing herbs which was definitely difficult to distinguish from normal grass. Fortunately, the apothecary advised to look for a brighter green color and had a wisp of mana when [Mana Sense] was used. Nonetheless, it was still a tiresome task since I had to carefully pluck the grass with its roots still intact. Otherwise, the quality of the healing herb will reduce and the healing property would go down in efficiency.

Hopefully I get a bonus reward for going the extra mile...
After picking up the quest from the reception desk, I headed toward the northern forest where Brightweed could be found. I had thought that since the basic flora around the outer region had hints of mana, I had wondered how it would affect the fauna. From my observations between morning up until the sun was at its peak, I have found that Brightweed is more abundant the more one ventured deeper into the forest. Not only that, beasts that could manipulate mana can be seen in what I would assume the inner region of the forest. Luckily I was able to buy some materials to map out the area so I wouldn't get lost, and was hoping that this would catch me a high price if I sell it.

But as I was about to conclude my observations and end the day, I made a shocking discovery. It was a magical beast that looked like a large boar with dark brown fur, a white mane and large tusks that could pierce a whole man through. It's gaze and aura was feral, unlike the usual magical beasts I've encountered, but more importantly was the fluctuation of mana around the boar. It was erratic and violent as it grew rapidly with no signs of stopping while it gorged itself upon the carcass of a tiger-like magical beast. I thought that with my concealing abilities that I would be undetected but the moment I had laid eyes on the feral beast, it sensed it and turned its head towards me.

I've seen my fair share of danger, but looking at the boar's demonic red eyes sent chills down my spine. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of how I escaped but what you need to know is that this... 'thing' can easily topple down trees as if they were saplings and can manipulate the earth element to defend and attack. I managed to lure it away from Scribel but in exchange, I had a broken arm and an exhausted mana core.

I've read of a phenomenon called 'demonification' from an ancient tome that I had read previously, and based on what I read, that was definitely a demonized boar. I will make an entry in the Library regarding this phenomenon so that others will know.

But please... for the sake of our adventurers... do not enter the inner region of the northern forest.
Quest Report (2)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (25 EXP)
Evaluation:
  • One tiny sack of twin flowers
  • One sack of healing grass
  • One tiny sack of tri flowers
After that whole ordeal, I was forced to spend a day recuperating from all the accumulated aches and sores. The worst part wasn't the pain nor the boredom, but the fact that my hard earned gold was slipping away visibly before my eyes! All of a sudden, not only was my profit nonexistent from that nightmare, but I had lost a gold coin from my day of rest! To be perfectly honest, I was absolutely fuming. To think that, as a princess, not only was I forced to do commoner work to survive, I was also being horribly scammed of my money? Outrageous!

Ahem...

After finally calming down I started paying closer attention to the quests available to me on the bulletin board. Unfortunately, there was only one available that paid more than a day's worth of living expenses, which was to gather a sack of healing herbs. The description specified healing grass, but through its requirements, it seemed possible to gather other herbs with healing properties too.

Knowing time(and money) was of the essence, I hurried over to the library to borrow a book on identifying herbs before heading out towards a nearby forest. As I read through its contents, I came to learn some basic information on Healing Grass and Twin Flowers. The details were sparse, but fortunately it was enough to identify them. Whilst reading about Twin Flowers I also came to know of Tri Flowers, aka their poisonous counterpart.

Since it seemed that information wasn't too plentiful at the moment in this strange new world, I decided to gather a small sack of both Twin Flowers and Tri Flowers to send back to the guild for research purposes. Hopefully someone out there, who understood these things better than I did, could learn something new or be able to use them to make something. Additionally, I took a few stalks of the three plants to keep in my inventory, you can never be too careful afterall. After carefully extracting a full sack of bright healing grass, with their roots intact, I headed back to the guild with no other difficulties.

If I knew gathering herbs was so easy, I never would've entered that wretched office of nightmares. I still remember the smile on that evil receptionist's face when she evaluated my report...
Quest Report
----------------
The forest I was searching through had gotten pretty thick, so I shifted into my fox form in order to move easier. As I was making my way through, I smelled some soothing mana - as a fox spirit, I was sensitive to it. I followed the smell to a small clearing, where the smell originated.

Transforming back into my human form, I took out a piece of paper that detailed what I was supposed to look for. Yup, this is the healing grass alright. I started digging the grass up, since plucking them would damage their roots.

I wondered how effective the grass actually was. I decided to test it on the arm I had used to kill the slimes. My ability to form shift was mostly limited to cosmetics; my healing ability was pretty much the same as a normal person.

I chewed it up to make a poultice, then spread it on my arm. It was bitter, but it seemed to work; I felt a cooling sensation where I applied it, and soon I could feel my arm had healed.

Looking around I also saw some of the twin flowers around. There weren't any of the poisonous tri-flowers. Maybe there was something about this location that made the healing plants grow? The soothing mana permeated the entire clearing. I made a note of the location - it'd be nice to come back here and just relax.

But I digress. In any case, there were a lot of the healing herbs. I got more than enough of the healing grass, and a couple twin-flowers as well.

I returned to the guild to present my haul (of course, I kept some for myself :)

- Baihua
Gathered: 1kg healing grass, 1/2 kg twin flowers
----------------
Quest Report - Baihua
----------------
Since I already knew of a place where the healing herbs grow, I decided to just go there to collect them. I was already familiar with the scent of the healing mana, so it wasn't as difficult to find as last time.

As usual, the clearing was filled with the relaxing mana. I'm still not sure whether it was the mana that caused the healing plant's growth, or whether the healing plants gave rise to the atmosphere, but it truly was peaceful. Since it's so remote and difficult to access, I don't think anyone other than me has found it - it made me feel like this was my personal place. But I digress again.

I harvested the healing grass - I think they named it brightweed? - and started filling my bag. Since I realized I had taken quite a bit the last time I came here, I decided not to take any extra, nor gather the twin-flowers.

Gathered: 1 kg healing grass
----------------
OOC: This one, along with the night watch quest, are really farmable aren't they?
Quest Report - Okarin
----------

Let's see... I ran out of money again so that means I need to do work, right? Well, I went to the Guild and picked up a flyer that looked reasonable.

All of those Sewer quests -- Ew! No waaay! Since I'm a slime, I tend to naturally absorb fluids in the environment, and I don't want to soak up sewage water. :blob_blank: Yuck! Even the idea of that is disgusting!

Instead, I took the healing herb quest because I don't really like fighting things, and doing in the work in the city sounds boring. I want to go outside! Isn't the whole point of being in a new World about being outdoors?

+ + +

In either case, I started walking in a random direction since I wasn't really sure where I was going to find healing grass.

On that thought... what is "healing grass", anyways? Surely it's just... grass...? ...with healing properties...?

Well...

I looked at a patch of grass at my feet and simply... sat down on it.

*splish* *splash* *swish* *nom*

...I sort of just dissolved and tasted it with my slime-ness.

+ + +

Fifteen minutes later, I decided that this was just ordinary grass.

Tasted very... grassy. No healing properties at all.

Huh, a dud.

I decided to walk in a different direction before sitting down in a different patch of grass.

*splish* *splash* *swish* *nom*

+ + +

(( Three days later ))

"Eureka! Oh slippery slabberwack! I found it!"

After three days of wandering around randomly (and sleeping outdoors), I found some grass that had a healing property.

I wasn't hungry anymore since I was basically eating grass nonstop for the past couple days... (I'm not going to get fat, will I?) ...but I was enthusiastic!

Progress! Finally! I was getting somewhere!

I took note of my present location and I was at a riverbank... somewhere...?

Maybe this kind of grass grows near water? Oh well! Time to go back to the city!

Gathered: A large bunch of healing grass
----------
Quest Report (9)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 3 (610 EXP)
Quest: Shepherding Sheep
Evaluation:
  • Took 26 sheep out to graze
  • Lost 1 sheep
Not gonna lie, I think sheep are adorably fluffy creatures. Sure they might not be as easy to hold or cuddle like a rabbit or hamster, but just look. at. that. FLOOF.

Ahem... anyway, after some deep and sophisticated thinking, I decided to take on the Shepherding Sheep quest. I knew it would be difficult taking care of such a large group of animals, but the fl-rewards were pretty good so I decided to go for it.

After putting on an appropriate shepherds outfit, I led the sheep towards the open fields by the northern forests. I'm not too sure if I was seeing things or not, but I swore I saw sheep that ate brightweed and twin flowers suddenly grow in size by a tiny amount. Probably just my imagination though.

Fortunately, I didn't lose any sheep during this initial journey outwards. There were a couple of wolf-like creatures eyeing them up, but a small fireball in their direction was enough to temporarily scare them away. Whilst the little sheep were grazing, I counted them up every hour or so whilst petting their fluffiness. Otherwise, I stayed on the branch of a small tree to survey my surroundings better.

As orange hues began to appear over the horizon, I decided to head back with my little sheep. Perhaps too at bliss distracted with the fluffiness my own thoughts, I reacted late to a sudden wolf attack at the rear of my flock! Three sheep were being dragged out and hunted by a pack of ravenous hounds, which I quickly rushed towards after snapping out of my daze. Swinging my silver sword at one wolf, and a fiery spell at another which were clutching the sheep by their jaws, I managed to save two. Unfortunately, though the last sheep was still partially in sight, I couldn't chase after it, otherwise, I'd be sacrificing the rest of the flock of sheep behind me! All I could do was send a fireball in their direction before treating the injured sheep and continuing on our way. Afterall, the longer we stayed out here, the longer my fluffballs were endangered! Sheep... I mean sheep.

Fortunately, yet sadly, that sheep was the only one lost on my outing.
Quest Report | Nyx (level 1 | 25/200)

It was a simple enough quest, "Carry the loot bags". I just put them in my item ring.

The north forest wasn't that dangerous either. The most serious threat we faced in the forest were a couple goblins, which provided some good parts. I also collected some healing grass to synthesize into healing potions - which sadly, I was forced to use on my worthless clients.

Overall though, it was a peaceful trip. All the bags were safely deposited, and nobody returned injured.
Quest Report (4)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 1 (105 EXP)
Evaluation:
  • Collected half a sack's worth of brightweed
  • Was ambushed by a dire wolf and saved by a border patrol guard
Summary of what was described in my lost post:
  • After Zombo's quest in the west farmlands, he decided to explore the northern forests and took the healing herbs quest along the way
  • Whilst relaxing and appreciating nature, he was ambushed by a dire wolf, which he knew he couldn't defeat since he already found it difficult to battle a giant rat, hence there was no way he'd be able to battle a giant wolf
  • Since he's quite a bulky and slow creature, Zombo knew he wouldn't be able to outrun the wolf even with his headstart in running, hence he sacrificed his left arm, which still had a mind of its own due to the strange plants residing in his body, which he threw at the wolf to entangle its legs briefly.
  • Zombo managed to run long enough until he was found by a border patrol guard, who saved him quickly by slaying the wolf in a few quick moves. Zombo was envious and respectful of the guard's strength, hence he had a new goal, to get stronger so that he could go around and explore the world to his heart's content.
  • He resolutely but cautiously returned to the forest and using his only arm left, he gathered half a sack's worth of brightweed and returned to the guild to hand in his report.
  • Might take a while to get his arm back, since his natural rejuvenation is hindered in this world...

She held her stomach as it grumbled. She looked around, but it seemed like the other adventurers didn't notice.

"I really need money to eat.." Oam said.

Her eyes drifted around the board, but she kept glancing at a particular quest. Its edges were already yellowed and there were few copies of the same quest surrounding it.

"Healing herbs, huh..." she said, "Maybe I could do this,"

Quest Report:
Name:
Oam Lola
Level: 1 (130/200)
Summary: - Went north to collect some grass with some help by divination. (20 bundles of green-looking glass.)
- May need someone to separate non-brightweed grass.

I planned to walk to the north early in the evening but by the time I was at the border of the city, it was already dark.
Slept until morning beside a small wooden hut. When morning came, I continued my journey. I crossed a river... and I've heard that there should be some kind of bright grass called brightweed that has healing properties.

The receptionist did warn me about not going too deep though since I was unarmed.. So I mainly just roamed the edges of the forest where I could still see the river. The guild had some used ropes that they sometimes lent out, and I planned to use that to carry the bundles of grass back to the guild. But it turned out that it was quite difficult to actually locate the grass. "Bright Green" was quite a vague description and there weren't too many locations where the canopy allowed the grass to thrive. By the time I found a small patch of weed that matched the description, it was almost noon.

There was also the problem of color... I couldn't tell which is which. And there were also slightly yellowed grass. Does old brightweed look yellower than normal grass?...

I divided the grass patch into five sections and flipped my coin ten times. I then proceeded to harvest the area that had it showed me to have the most brightweed. Some of the grass was green, some others were also... green.
At the end of the day, I managed to get 20 bundles of grass. I'm not sure if it's actually brightweed, though. The grass color was difficult to parse... I wasn't sure if it actually is the greenest.

I tied the bundles on my back and walked back. I was lucky that the grass wasn't heavy at all. I crossed the river fine.

I arrived at the guild a few hours after noon.

This should be all.
Due to Benji's illiteracy, his entire report has been done with more than 300 pages of detailed sketches about his quest to find the healing herbs. For easier evaluation, a transcriber has provided a worded narrative for all of Benji's sketches. Do note that the transcriber's perspective may not align with what truly happened, and that it is all taken from Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works, which may retain signs of fiction, as proven by many of his sketches.

Benji had just arrived in the North Scribel Forest to undergo his first task as an Adventurer. The first 30 or so sketches depicts Benji's travel through the woods. Through Unlimited Graphite Works he has accurately depicted his journey through the Forest.

The next 60 sketches depicts Benji's hunt towards the healing herbs. Throughout, he has shown a degree of competency in identifying various species of herbs. By utilizing Unlimited Graphite Works, he has accurately made sketches of the healing herbs he needed to find from sources in the library. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji is unable to uproot the plant by its stalk alone, as it involves the intention of removing the plant from its life source. As such, Benji could only scoop up the dirt beneath the healing herbs to bag it.

Close to the hundredth sketch, Benji was left with one more bag to fill, and thus began his hunt for Brightweed. Due to the lack of mana detection, Benji could only determine them from sight alone. Through his sketches, Benji had dug his head deep towards the field and grass in order to get a closer look at the grass. In the end, he only managed to find close to a handful of stalks he found fit, and only a dozen of them were Brightweed. Due to the way Benji acquires the herbs, the roots were left undamaged.

During the hundredth and tenth sketch, Benji was searching near a tree among some grass growing alongside it. He crouched down next to the giant trunk and dug his fingers through the stems. His skill rendered his fingers useless, as he could only caress the plants at best. He tried to dig down into the tree, but found that there were very little dirt to scoop up to effectively harvest the stalks. Even without Shrug, a normal adventurer will find it hard to harvest the Brightweed without breaking the stalk or damaging the roots. Benji tried using Little Green Bag to procure a helpful artifact but could only produce an instrument that is akin to a clock, albeit much smaller in scale and suitable to hold in one's palm. In the sketch, it is shown that the time is close towards the evening, nearing night.

In frustration, Benji tossed the tool back into Little Green Bag, continuing to dig up the Brightweed fruitlessly for a few sketches when something small showed up from behind the tree. It was a small creature drew Benji's attention from the Brightweed as it slowly approached him. The creature seemed to be apprehended by Benji's presence, and was cowering behind the Brightweed as it slowly looked up to him.

Benji's initial reaction, according to his sketch, was to stare, which gave way to about 3 more pages of detailed sketches depicting the creature's look. The creature was small, with a human-like appearance. Short and stout, it seemed to stand no taller than a Brightweed. Its eyes were dark in colour, and presents limbs lacking of fingers and toes. It had no hair, and instead have petals around its head. Its body is covered by similar petals, acting up to a dress.

In following sketches, Benji tried to make contact towards the creature. First, he tried to prod the creature with a finger, which was met with more apprehension. Next, he took a piece of morsel from the rations in his bag, in which the creature approach to take a scent (despite its lack of a nose nor a mouth) and revolted in visible disgust.

Finally, Benji brought out the sketches of healing herbs he had with him at the moment. Benji's thought process was unexplained, but a theory suggests that he figures the creature would present him a clue on how to find more Brightweed. He pointed at the Brightweed stuck in the trunk of the tree, pointed towards its sketch and proceeded to gesture towards the whole forest. The next few sketches were stills from different angles, suggesting a moment of silence. Then the creature emerged from its hiding from behind the Brightweed and approached Benji. It took a long but reserved look at his sketch, then at the Brightweed behind it, then at the sketch again. Then it hopped off the trunk of the tree and walked off into a distance from the tree. Benji quickly stored his sketches and proceeded to follow the creature.

The creature had led Benji through various routes. From the sketches, it is estimated that the creature had led Benji around the forest for no less than half an hour, judging from the amount of sketches Benji had provided as his quest report. In the journey, he had crossed trees, a fallen canopy trunk, the same river twice, and have been speculated to precariously passed by the borders of the Inner Forest, as detailed from his sketches.

Emerging from the woods after a few more sketches, the creature had brought Benji to an open field hidden beneath a veil of leaves and trees. The field is no wider than an inn room and, according to the sketch, very much secluded in the forest, as hints of footprints and tracks are nowhere to be seen.

Gesturing to the ground, the creature had apparently lead Benji to a wide field of Brightweed, free from trunks and giant trees. Evidently excited, Benji immediately leapt down towards the Brightweed and started scooping it up by the handfuls. The creature seemed startled by Benji's sudden action, and hid behind a Brightweed and became absent for a few sketches before rejoining the picture and (it is speculated whether this is true or not) began helping Benji in uprooting the Brightweed.

The sketches persisted for a dozen more pages, with Benji close to filling in half a bag. With almost half the field gone, Benji was standing right in the middle of the dug field, aiming to fill up the remaining space when the creature approached Benji once more.

The creature suddenly attached itself towards his shoe. It held on with its body and limbs for seemingly no reason, with its face buried in it. Somewhat confused, Benji tried to prod the creature away, but it seemingly wouldn't budge. Then Benji looked around for a stick when he realized there was more of the creatures surrounding him. They all looked similar, with fingerless limbs and petaled hair. They all started wandering towards Benji for a couple of sketches, slowly holding him by his shoe where he crouched. Benji tried prodding them off and just like the first one, none of them seemed to budge.

Then the ground crumbled before Benji's feet and the creatures began dragging Benji down into the dirt.

At this point the sketches shifted to a first-person perspective, with Benji struggling against the creatures to get out of the ground. The creatures started digging through the field with their legs, kicking up dirt with quick movements. The floor slowly kicked into a dark texture, with Benji sinking deeper and deeper into it. Its process was revealed to be slow, as the intervals of the sketches showed Benji's descent to be by the inches every second. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji was unable to push nor stomp away the creatures. As such, he was only slowly pulled down.

The creatures didn't stop coming either. Emerging from behind the Brightweed and beneath the roots of surrounding trees, they all started digging through the dirt beneath Benji's feet. Some of them revealed their true nature. Their petaled bodies were able to open up to a vertical, cavernous, tongueless mouth with sharp teeth protruding from the inside. They began biting into Benji's clothes and equipment. His skill Shrug meant that Benji took no damage, but was still consistently getting tugged into the ground. He tried shaking the creatures off by standing up and tugging himself away, but Shrug made it useless.

The ground sudden opened up in the next sketch, revealing an abundance of the creatures hidden deep beneath the dirt, all with cavernous mouths fitted on their stomachs. These creatures were different from the creatures above, with rotting petals and shut eyes as opposed to the others. They were all crowding over what seems to be an assortment of skeletons hidden right under the ground, with tree roots growing through their ribs and bones. The creatures themselves, at first feeding off the bones underground, looked up, took one look at Benji and began rushing upwards towards their new prey.

Slowly, inch by inch, Benji was covered to his neck. Though he can't be eaten, being buried alive would mean a lack of air to breath, which would kill him nonetheless. However, through his sketches, Benji seemed to be looking around the lower he went. From the trees above to the grass beside him, his sketches oriented less towards the creatures dragging him downwards, and more towards the environment.

It was when his head was halfway in the dirt when he grabbed onto the root of a Brightweed directly.

Utilizing Shrug, Benji held onto the root, presumably knowing that it cannot be moved nor harmed with intentions. The creatures slowly pulled Benji deeper into the dirt, but Benji held on harder to the root.

Sketch by sketch, the dirt began closing into Benji's sight. Not long after, it was darkness.

The sketch was followed by a dozen pages of pure darkness. It was nothing but graphite over the books. Not a single slither of white paper could be seen within the preceding pages.

Then a little crack emerged.

Holding onto the root of the Brightweed, Benji managed to pull himself out of the dirt. The creatures in the following sketches were nowhere to be seen, as if they had abruptly disappeared from sight. The sketches returned to its scenic form, and Benji was seen dusting the dirt off his body. The hole he once crawled through had caved itself inwards into a mound of earth. The Brightweed from before was gone too, nothing but normal grass in view. The sketches then show Benji checking through his inventory again. The final bag he held was not Brightweed, but half filled with dirt. The Brightweed root Benji held was just a piece from a stretching root from a nearby tree, in which Benji had broken off in the attempt to escape.

The final sketch of the scene showed Benji overlooking the small field and the mound of earth in the middle. The field seemed to be quiet, with a still, silent peace in its air, under the now evening sky.

The next, final few sketches is just Benji sucking it up and resorting to getting Twin-Flowers instead.

Attached:
  • 5 bags of healing herbs (including one accidental tri-flower and a dozen stalks of brightweed among some normal grass)
  • 5 leather books containing over 350 pages of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • a handkerchief bundling a collection of odd-looking pebbles (intentions of this to be determined by the evaluators)

Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • A miniature clock-like object that functions just like a clock (will ring at every stroke of 12) (usage determined by evaluator)
"Pretended" — because Okarin hardly even felt like an Adventurer anymore. They spent so much time sleeping under logs and talking to nobody (except the birds) that they barely felt human. They still ate like a slime, passively absorbing Brightweed while walking barefoot around the fields. Okarin had the appearance of a human, with long grayish hair that at this point flowed past their waist — storing all their extra mass — but Okarin didn't feel human.
"You're the best, dear."

The Green Slime *swished* in response.

"Yes, I know, I know. You can eat Brightweed all day tomorrow, and I won't nag about you getting fat."

Green Slime appeared very self-satisfied and wiggled in response.
And the grass out in the forests was quite tasty too. It was brightly coloured and seemed to soothe her when she ate it.
Healing Herbs [Evaluation Needed]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: n/a

When Vesper slept enough and woke up, it’s early noon and when he went downstair, he sees very few people there. It’s only natural since most people are already out and on to their daily tasks.

Vesper went to the guild to take up a task. He head over to the front desk and was suggested to stock 5 small sacks of healing herb. Vesper listened attentivey to the description of the plant and head for the northern forest.

Once he’s there all the supposed area where he could find healing herbs, Vesper scan his surrounding for grass similar to the staff’s description. He experiment on a several patch of grass by making a small wound on his palm and using some of the grasses and see if they heal.

Finally, Vesper found a relatively big patch of grass that was success in Vesper's test. If you look carefully, you can even find sparkles of energy surrounding them. Vesper ran over and stopped just in front of them, careful not to step on them.

Vesper took out 3 sacks he got from the guild and carefully plucked them out and put them in the sacks. When he’s done with everything late noon and he put the 3 sacks into one of is spatial ring.

Since it’s quiet a way, he took out his sword, named Qi Ming which means Vesper like his own name and hopped on. Vesper manipulate the sword with spirit energy and flew in the direction of the guild. It didn’t take long before he arrive since flying swords are a fast aerial transportation. Vesper turned in the 3 sacks and the task was complete.

Last edited:

Drevart

Memo Title: Slimes > River slimes
Category:
Monsters

Memo:
They look like normal slimes except that their membrane is almost transparent and their insides heavily reflect the color of water they live in with a little tinge of green on the inside

According to some reports done by a few new adventurers, River slimes are mildly docile if you don't try interrupting its feeding. Specimens sited in the river to the south of the town of Scribel appear to absorb water and store it in a certain sack-like organ near their core. After that, they can use stored water to emit a highly concentrated jet of water to either propel themselves in the water or attack an enemy.

Some noted features:
  • half-transparent so it can be difficult to spot them in the water
  • feeds on water and riverbank grass
    • Preferred grass:
      1. It has three long smooth leaves and a few gray dots near the stem connection point.
      2. It has one round soft leaf, grows in the water near the riverbank.
    • Half of the water goes in the water storage organ for later use
  • Floats easily so can be quite mobile in the water
Their favourite grass can be used to bait them proportions are as follows
  1. 4:1 Grass to water
  2. 1:2 Grass to water
There is a suggestion that the smaller the slimes are the higher is the concentration of the water jets, meaning the more damaging they are but the credibility of such statements need confirmation.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
@Zoey Updating the slime entry; mostly just formatting. References in this post are additions since the last Slime memo.

----------------

The Slime is a type of monster that is common in the Scribel Region. There are many varieties of slimes.

Description
Slimes are generally amorphous masses of sentient gelatinous fluid with a solid core. There are many varieties, meaning that slimes can come in virtually any size, shape, color, or quality. Depending on the source, research on slimes has resulted in wildly different conclusions on their physiology, which raises the notion that slimes are an extremely diverse species.

Adventurers frequently refer to the "common slime", but it is unclear what specific qualities define the "common slime". Given frequent contradictions in quest reports, one possibility is that adventurers frequently confuse similar-appearing slimes as the same species whereas in reality the true diversity of slimes is far more complex.

The "common slime" in the Scribel City area is considered quite weak and has mildly corrosive properties. They have been observed as a variety of different colors. Most appear to range in size from a pocket-sized blobs to large cat-sized pillows.

Types
  • Sewer Slime: Lives in the sewers and eats waste. Can carry a multitude of diseases.
  • Herb Slime: A docile slime that can secrete healing jelly. Grazes on grass and other plant life.
  • River Slime: An aquatic slime that lives near the riverbank. See main article (link)
  • Akaline Slime: Feeds on other slimes by dissolving their body in its alkaline fluids.
  • Soot Slime: Eats soot and smog; often found in blacksmith's forges.

Ecology and Behavior
Distribution and Habitat

Slimes have been observed in the Scribel Region. They have been found in a variety of different biomes, ranging from forest, grasslands, and rivers.

Interestingly, Scribel City has a large quantity of slimes. It is not known exactly where they come from, but slimes are often found all over the city in odd locations. Despite intensive subjugation campaigns by adventurers, the slime population has not gotten any smaller. A large quantity of slimes have been discovered in the Scribel City Sewers.

Diet
Slimes have been reported to eat many different things, although it depends on the type and species. They are thought to eat things by dissolving it. Examples of documented dietary sources include plants, herbs, grasses, rocks, metals, animals, and more. It has been theorized that with the right species of slime, almost anything can be eaten.

Biology
Numerous reports have suggested that many slimes have an acidic body with corrosive properties. The acidic quality is capable of slowly melting metal and causing chemical burns. Weapons often corrode after hunting slimes for prolonged periods. Some adventurers have suggested that slimes are weak to alkaline substances, such as soap.

The slime core is a critical component of each slime. Removing or destroying a slime core kills the slime. Slime cores are reportedly fragile, and many adventurers have reported accidentally breaking slime cores while fighting slimes.

Slimes are also said to have regenerative properties. In addition to regenerating lost mass, slimes can change in size over time. Slimes that eat a lot are capable of growing in size.

It is rumored that slimes can acquire properties of the things that they eat. Some researchers have suggested that slimes that eat an abundance of sewage end up becoming sewer slimes, and slimes that eat an abundance of herbs end up becoming herb slimes. A few adventurers have proposed exploiting this property to cultivate slimes for industrial purposes.

Contradicting reports have been submitted regarding the sensitivity of slimes to magic. A few adventurers suggested that slimes are weak to fire magic, whereas others have reported that slimes are weak to water magic, and others have claimed that slimes are contrarily resistant to magic. Given the present information, it is impossible to conclude if slimes are weak or resistant to specific types of magic.

It was rumored for a period of time that slimes could not swim. However, this was rapidly debunked with the discovery of River Slimes.

Some adventurers have reported that piercing attacks are most effective at defeating slimes. In contrast, blunt attacks are less effective.

Behavior
While slimes are classified as a monster, they are not ordinarily known to be particularly aggressive or passive. They are most dangerous in large quantities and have been reported to demonstrate some form of coordinated "group" behavior.

Slimes that are unusually aggressive are sometimes considered an anomaly — like "mutant slimes." Some adventurers have suggested that third-party individuals are capable of mind-controlling slimes to perform their bidding.

Slimes are frequently portrayed as weak-minded, instinctual, or even brainless. However, there are numerous reports of slimes with distinct and unique personalities. It is unknown if slimes are universally capable of intelligent thought.

Uses
Aside from population control, slimes are frequently hunted for their slime cores, which is a material used to craft healing potions.

There are also a number of cases of adventurers keeping slimes as pets.

Some civilians apparently pursue symbiotic relationships with local slimes. For example, Soot Slimes have been reported to clean the smog that comes out of Blacksmith forges. It has been rumored that some alchemists even breed slimes for industrial purposes.

References
OOC: I'm currently updating this but everything here should be accurate?

Topic: Slimes
Category
: Monsters (pests)

Slimes are a type of monster largely considered harmless, their appearance my vary but generally slimes are bulbous and contain within them a core, while this core has other uses, it is commonly used for quests verification.

Other Notes:
  • A good amount of slimes insides are acidic as that is how they 'digest' food. OOC: The acidic nature of slimes is really inconsistent from report to report. If you want them to be acidic in your report then they're acidic, if you don't what them to be acidic then they aren't.
  • The size, shape, color, etcetera of a slime core varies from slime to slime.
  • Slimes are know to form nests even though they don't need a partner to reproduce.
    • Slime nests are more just a large gathering of slimes then anything else.
  • Piercing attacks are one of the easier ways to defeat slimes.
  • Many slimes are weak to alkaline substances.
  • Slimes should be culled regularly to avoid infestations.
Slime Types

Slime
Color: Varies
Description: The most basic of slimes. Can adapt over time to any environment.
Diet: Anything.

Sewer Slime
Color: Green and sewagy
Description: Lives in the sewers and eats waste. Can carry a multitude of deceases.
Diet: Sewage and creatures that inhabit the sewers.

Alkaline Slime (Soap Slime)
Color: Deep Green
Description: Feeds on other slimes by dissolving their body in it's Alkaline fluids. It must be bigger than the slime it wishes to eat.
Diet: Other slimes

Herb Slime
Color: Dark Green
Description: A docile slime that can secrete healing jelly.
Diet: Grazes on grass and other plant life.

River Slime
Color: The color of the water they live in. (hard to see)
Description: Water slimes have a thin membrane and propel themselfs forward with jets of water, these jets can be shot at an attacker potentially being deadly.
Diet: Water and plants near the riverbank.
Note: If this slime also exist in lakes then a more appropriate name would be fresh water slimes.

Sea Slime (suspected to exist)
Color: ?
Description: ?
Deit: ?
Note: A slime theorized to live in the sea.

Soot Slime
Color: Grey to Black
Description: Soot slimes are present in blacksmiths and eat the soot and smog produce by furnaces. once a Soot slime eats enough it will become a extremely hard ball of condensed soot often clocking furnaces.
Diet: Soot and smog

Rock Slime
Color: Grey
Description: In it's neutral faze Rock slimes will appear light grey and partially transparent, in this faze it is as weak as a normal slime. In it's aggressive faze it will turn dark grey and opaque becoming as hard as a rock, charging at an aggressor.
Diet: Meat. (it may also eat rocks/ores/gemstones but it is unconfirmed)

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 10G

Quest report[FILLED]:

There were not a lot of things that could be done by an adventurer with one hand. At least for one without the ability to telekinetically move things. As it was, Lib felt that she had to force herself instead of wallowing in sadness after her loss of her right hand.

Lib never learned how to wield a sword. The World Key she had are shaped like a sword, and the other weapon she had was left inside of that place. All in all, she was left without other option, except if she decide to shell some of her money to buy another weapon. Thankfully, the sword she had was usable using one hand.

With one sword in her hand, she went to the adventurer guild, and decided to take the subjugation quest against the slimes. One library entry about those slimes was that they were easily pierced. Since she had no magic at all, this was the best method for her to do it.

The first slime was found at the riverbank. this slime variant seemed to like to consume the water as its main staple. It seemed like the liquid inside the slime has lower viscosity compared to the usual slime. The core of the slime seemed to actively moving. The slime seemed to not be alert though, as it carefreely grazing at the riverbank's grass.

With a lunge against its body, the slime had bursted immediately as the sword pierced it. The core of the slime was then pocketed and Lib went her way.

Still on the riverbank, Lib found her second and third slime. Apparently, the slime could use water jets to propel themselves. Using high pressure from some hole, she found out that those slimes could easily threw themselves to the water to recover the water used for the water burst. Their clear body showed that this variant of the slime had excellent camouflage ability. Also, they were easily swept away, so that may be a tactics they used to flee when needed. All in all, the water slime variant were troublesome to face unless against ranged enemy.

Lib decided to go further west to the slimecreek. With the name slimecreek, she thought she would be able to easily encounter slimes.

As it was, there was a lot. By a lot, Lib counted over 50 slimes in the riverbank alone. Due to that, she went back along the way, to see more of those water slimes. It seemed that the slimecreek was the place they end up if they were swept by the current. She met two other water slimes. She ignored the one nearest to the riverbank and began to throw stones at the slime. Apparently, they have slight resistance against the stone without a sharp edges, as the stone were reflected by the slime's body. An obsidian stone managed to pierce its skin and made the slime burst out. She took another core to her bag.

In the end, she went eastward along the river, only attacking at a group of 1 or 2 slimes. At the end of the day, she managed to gather the requested 10 core and went back to the city to submit her proof of subjugation.
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 10G

Quest report:[FILLED]

Today, she decided to limit herself inside of the city, except the sewer. She took another slime subjugation quest and try on her hand whether she could find them in the residential area.

As it was, the residential area was mostly clean of the slimes. She went to each house and asked whether there was a slime infestation in their house. Some of the people inside, though, took offense to her saying that. For those men, it was because it was a slight against their manliness if they couldn't beat those things. For the women, it was because they were thought that they couldn't make their home clean, since it was trivial to keep those slimes away if they keep it clean. Finding no success, Lib moved to the other area.

As she went to the market district, she apparently found out that they have their own specialized slime disposal worker. Since there was a lot of waste produced by the market, the shop owner felt that paying 1G for 1 slime disposal was too high. Therefore, they offered this job to dispose of the slimes inside of their district. He also said that they barred adventurer from hunting the slime in this district too.

At the craftsmen district, At least she found some people who apparently had apprentice who was lazy to clean their place. Those craftsmen themselves usually consider those task not worth doing and offload them to their apprentice. Apparently, those slimes consume soot and smog from the forge they have, and sometimes clogged the forge. The slime variant in this place were considered beneficial as long as they don't block the air vent or something. Nevertheless, there must be a routine cleaning they must do. As those craftsmen allowed Lib to dispose of them, Lib was able to fulfill her quota of slime today.

One thing unique to the slime around here is that they may produce diamond inside of their body. Some of the craftsmen allowed one slime to build up the carbon content inside its body, and at some level of blackness, they popped up the slime. At their blackest, the durability of those slimes are really strong and their body become more round-shaped. At that point, The craftsmen cracked open the slime and look to see if a diamond formed inside. Pretty nifty side income, if she might said. One craftsman offered her to open a black one with her sword, yet no matter how hard she hit it, it was deflected.

As a side effect, they functioned like an air purifier, consuming carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. Really, She don't think those slimes were a pest there.

in the afternoon, she reported back her findings and the requested cores to the adventurer guild.
Quest Report :

Another quest of Slime subjugation. I went to the usual place for grinding slimes and found someone there.
It's a couple of male and female. The male seem to be swordsman and the female is sorcerer of sorts. They're hunting slimes quite fast but I also noticed that slime cores are damaged.

But there are not much problems with these couple so I quickly go hunting my own slimes.

Slimes are weak that's for sure. But after I hunting about 5 slimes I found that without killing them I can extract their core out from their body. You just need some speed and gloves. The extracted core still alive so that means if you put it near their body It'll revived.

"Oh, so that is how this city's adventurer hunting slimes?" Swordsman said and coming near me

I glared at him and counldn't tell him that I was just experimenting with these slimes. After that he told me that he come from the village near Scribel city. He came here to fullfill his dream of becoming adventurer with his childhood friend,The female sorcerer.
I and him going quite well that he taught me some of his swordsmanship style. It's full of how to parry attack from opponent and dealing twice of damage back. This style suited me well but I can't bring the full potential of this style.
The female sorceror taught me how to control mana. I learn that in a second but I found another problem as well. Mana Manipulation is about controlling energy in nature called Mana to chant spell but what I got in return is how to manipulate the energy inside my body. I called this skill,Ki Manipulation.

Although it is such a regret that I can't learn Mana Manipulation or use that Counter style to the fullest potential but it's still beneficial to me in some ways or another.

10 Slime cores retrieved.

Almodeus Thompson learn Swordsmanship - Counter style through Brightest Mind
Swordsmanship - Counter Style turn into Inferior Swordsmanship - Counter style by Jack of all trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Mana Manipulation through Brightest Mind
Mana Manipulation turn into Ki Manipulation by Jack of all trades,Master of None

Inferior Swordsmanship - Counter style : Primitive form of swordsmanship - counter style. You can deal damage back to your opponent without receiveing damage.
Ki Manipulation : Manipulate energy inside your body and bring out the maximum potential of your body. Strengthen your body temporarily.
+ + +
Slime Subjugation
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel CityLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
EXPGoldItems
7510Gn/a
+ + +

Quest Report:

Reis is an adventurer in the city of Scribel. The sewer in the city of scribel is infested with slimes, and it is her job to kill them and take their slime core. She enter the sewer and see the slime horde she must subjugate. As she observe, she find out that it's a large group of slime that have been fighting each other. Seeing this phenomenon, she look at her journal and found this entry:

Slime: A Slime is a type of creature that lives in sewers. They have no discernible form other than their slimy appearance. Their main purpose is to make your life miserable by making you waste time cleaning up after them and then eating you later when they're done.

As she approach the group, they all turn around and point at her.

Immediately, she charges and attacks the one in the front with her fist.

They are not very skilled fighters, but they recognize her as one of the few who has come here before. A small group of them attempt to attack her, but she easily dispatch them. They are just too weak. The rest of the slime horde turns their attention towards her, and she quickly put them down. As she continue to fight, she notices a strange object on the ground near some of the dead bodies. It seems like someone has placed something there.

Ignoring that strange thing, she proceed to dismantle the slime horde corpse she had fought and take their cores. She counts them, 1, 2, ..., 10. With the job done, she turns back to the guild.

Suddenly, a loud noise is heard from above. It sounds like an explosion. The entire area shakes violently, and she realizes that this was no accident. Something had detonated in the sewers!

A large amount of smoke rises up into the air, and she can smell death everywhere. She run out of the way as soon as possible, but it is already too late. The smoke clears away, revealing a huge hole in the ceiling where several feet of earth were blown off.

She sees a lot of slime corpse around her. The explosion had taken a lot of them in one go. As she gazes at the destruction, the noise from two people distracts her.

It seems that they were the one who made that explosion. Their face are showing a grinning expression as they shouted something. Her ears are still ringing from that explosion. Before those men accuse her from stealing their prey, she left and report back to the adventurer guild.
Quest Report | Nyx (level 1, 150/200)
After doing that alchemist investigation quest, I decided to learn more about the slimes - and get some cash along the way.

They're pretty populous in the back alleys of the slums. I assume nobody comes to clean them up. In any case, there were more than enough for me to fulfill the quest.

The slimes had really low magic resistance - so low in fact, that I could synthesize their bodies while they were still alive. It was a massacre as I walked through the alleys, destroying their bodies.

Of course, I could have just killed two or three and synthesized the cores from the slime corpses, and no one would have known. Each of them had enough to make three or four more cores. However, I was really frustrated from my lack of progress, and just felt like killing them.
> > >
Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

Smelling of sweat and fresh cut grass, Zorion entered the guild, as usual he placed a letter delicately on the reception counter. Then next to the letter he puts down a linen bag, within was a collection of slime cores some whole some split in halves or quarters, but all together more than ten.

Dear Guild Staff,

I am happy to inform you that there are now ten less slime in the city.

In my youth I was told that blunt instrument was most effective against slimes, I went as far as to attempt to buy a mace from local adventurers, fortunately I did not have adequate capital to pursue that venture. Considering the fact that the slimes of this region are surprisingly resilient to blunt attacks.

Ignorant of this, I fashioned a wooden club and attempted to subjugate stray slimes near the horde in the south. The initial attempt, I have to admit, was pathetic. Perhaps If I had the strength to splatter the slime in one hit the situation would have been different, however my wooden club was turned into splinters without the subjugation of a single slime.

Resorting to my great sword, I was able to safeguard my life. While slicing proved effective again slime, it also appeared to carry a certain hidden danger. When a slime is cut it two and the core also cut into, if there are sufficient body mass is the two parts, it seem to continue to operate as two individual slimes.

While not all slimes I cut in two became two different slimes, it was often the case, It might be worth while to investigate the mechanics of when slimes do not die when sliced.

In the end, I must have slayed more than twenty slimes while the number of cores I have count to only fourteen.

Regardless, as always, I am happy to serve. I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti
Verified by @Zoey

Sewers stink. They are no place for an Oujo sama like me to be. Unfortunately I have no choice. I changed into some old clothes and entered the sewers. My dolls led the way carrying candles. Not even five minutes into the sewer, I found a slime nest.

So here is the plan, according to my research among guild's documents, slimes are weak to fire and alkalis. I have no way to access the later, but the first one is easy enough. Undead or not, I am still a dragon-kin. It is more of a firecracker and a joke but it is more than enough to kill some isolated slimes. Any groups or powerful ones will just have go through a brawl with the dolls and some tail whips.

One of my dolls taunted the slimes to have them go after her. Once all of them had started moving, My second doll and I started picking of stranglers one by one. My third doll was pocketing all the cores of the dead slimes. We got five slimes as so. I un-summoned my first doll and went after a small group of slimes far from the main group.

After getting clawed to death by dolls and smacked by my precious tail, we defeated five more of them. After my doll swiped those cores, we left as fast as we could. The first thing we did afterwards was take a bath.
"Finally we are done with the yucky stuff. My clothes were disheveled and the slime's sticky stuff did a number on it too. Glad I wore old clothes of mine," were my thoughts regarding the quesr.

Additional Notes :
  1. It seems the slimes are forming nests. The guild might want to look into this lest we face a slime population explosion.
  2. Hire some guys to clean the sewers! It is yucky!

@Zoey
> > >

Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Salutations.

Today, I went to the sewer once again, in order to catch myself some slime cores. I prepared a mask to attenuate the stench of the sewers.

It was raining for a little bit. But since I don't have a raincoat, I could only hope I did not catch a cold. As it was, I went into the sewer from the entrance in the market district.

The current was actually a little bit higher. At this point, I planned to postpone my hunt at the sewer, but since I didn't know any other habitat for those slimes, I steeled myself and marched into their lair.

I found some wandering slime, which thankfully was isolated from their groups. The first three was easily dispatched with my punch, but the fourth was actually a challenge for me. The slime's body was more acidic than what I could bear, so I had to pull off a pipe from a nearby wall and use that as a blunt weapon. Its body was easily resistant to blunt weapon damage though. So at that point I use the pointy part of the pipe since the first pipe broke from the wall with a sharp tip (else I would take another pipe). To think that it was that effective compared to using my punch, I thought I would take this pipe for my slime hunting from now on.

The next six slime was subjugated without any incident. It was just when I was going back, the sewer current water level actually rose without me realizing. as it was, I was almost swept away because of one slippery terrain. Thankfully, I could return safely.

So, quest completed and ten slime core submitted.

From Reis.
**DONE/FILED**
The next job. There will always be job after job. On one hand, Michueama is quite happy that the city is anything but lacking job to do. At another hand, he is a bit concerned whether the city will have enough hand to do all of those jobs. But since he is just a humble hunter, he just needs to do his job, as cleanly as possible, as fast as possible. The thinking part could be left to others who are much more experienced. And that person will be anyone but him, the humble hunter.

“…this won’t be a clean job,” he mumbled as he looked at the cluster of slime not far from his spot behind an abandoned house, a piece of information he got from the nearby local. Slime is anything but a ferocious creature. But are they harmless? Far from it. Able to corrode stuff, they’re a menace. A dangerous thing that will clearly do damage over time if left alone. But the thing is, it’s not easy to kill them. “…pierce their core..but I need to collect them.” A sigh followed his mumbling after that. Resigning himself to his fate, he then started looking around. Nothing was useful, seeing it was just an abandoned house. To be precise, just abandoned shack. He then just collected the junk there and tied them up together into one impromptu vessel. It was not the best, but it was something he came up within less than an hour.

After setting up the vessel near the entrance of the abandoned shack, he climbed up toward the roof, a feat which was quite dangerous due to the rickety condition of the building. He then pulled out his hatchet and then enter the building from the window, scaring the slime that immediately ran toward the entrance. Due to their number, the amount of slime he could hit and kill was far from enough. The majority of them just exited through the entrance. He then just followed them and looked at the vessel that has trapped the slimes. Due to the construction of it, which was bigger on the outside and smaller on the inside, they just pushed each other and then ended up in a small ditch that Michuema dug before, trapping them. “…almost not deep enough,” he mumbled as he saw one of them managed to climb their friend’s body and tried to escape the ditch. But before that could happen, he just whacks each of them with a nearby stick, in fear of corroding his hatchet further. After they all perished, he then picked the remaining cores. Only eleven of them were intact, the rest was destroyed. Before he left the place, he glanced back and saw that some of them were still there. It seems some other poor souls need to continue his job one day.
Report for Quest: Slime Cores
Sponsor
: Adventurer's guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: After my short excursion getting herbs, I decided to search around for some slime cores. I needed them to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest, and I really wanted access to the alchemist guild's equipment.
So, I searched the sewers for a time and managed to find quite a few slimes. My old method of killing them involved using a pair of tongs and a bottle and I would try to use them to pull the slime core out of the slime. It wasn't the most efficient and would often end up with me missing the core and having to try again. It was also fairly risky. Now, I knew some water magic and had a different strategy.
Slimes are resistant to water magic trying to manipulate their body. As such, I decided not to do that. Instead, I continually dumped more water into them until they swelled enough for me to pop with my dagger. I would then grab the core out of their remains. Using this method, I collected 15 cores. I am also completely exhausted. I'm not used to spending that much mana on anything. I'll have to be more careful from now on.
With this report, I will also be turning in the ten required slime cores. The other 5 will be used to qualify for the Alchemist's Assistant quest.
Quest Items: 10 Slime cores
Appraised and Approved by: Konaha
[APPRAISED!!]

Character name:
Akasha
Level: 1 (90 exp)
Class: Brawler
Quest name: Slime subjugation

After taking some rest, I went to the guild early in the morning & accepted Slime Subjugation quest. Then I went my way immediately.

Unlike usual I felt more cautious than my earlier quest. Perhaps the memories of the "Night Watch Quest" still lingers in me or perhaps something change in me that night.

Anyway, since the Quest info said its within the city walls, I don't need to go out my way & leave the city this time either.

Hmmmm~ sewers, abandoned house, dark places, & perhaps the Red light district area.. those we're my candidate on where a bunch of slimes might be gathering.

"Hand of Solus Battle gloves" I learn how inconvenience it is not being able to use its special skills, last time due to its restrictions of ability which is "day time only accessible". So I make sure not finish this before nightfalls.

In the end I went to the place where My first quest takes place.. "that particular Abandoned house" entering it I noticed details I miss out last time... This house is still intact despite being so old?

Anyway I reach the most likely area Slimes might he present in a house.... The bathroom~

Making sure to check if both of my weapon is charged by energy "Hand of Solus Battle glove" & "Heavenly Gauntlet" I proceed towards the place.

I open the door of the bathroom slowly.

Looking inside I felt shiver down to my spine... My former CR room in earth is not this bad at least. The room is quite big,... well its a big abandoned house after all.

There is one big bathtub & 2 toilet bowl & a large broken mirror. The air is pungent & smells really awful. The ambience is really dim inside, but My "Mind eye skill" skill did not let me be deceived, I perceive many alerted motion inside.

Stepping inside the eerie bathroom pretending to be clueless. A bunch of slime suddenly came out & attacks me, only to melt almost Immediately leaving nothing but their cores.
As soon as they attack I readied My right hand where "Hand of solus Battle glove" is equipped, swinging my entire arm releasing the energy stored inside & manifest as a burst of flame whirlwind. setting the entire bathroom in flames in which I immediately stops by absording the energy with my left Gauntlet to avoid a ackward scenario of starting a fire.... I can't perceive any motion any more

I collected 16 slime core & went back to make my report.

Signed: "lvl 1 Brawler" Akasha
EVALUATED

Vysic chose to do slime hunting. "An Evaluation of skill" he called it.

Upon meeting the first slime, without flinching, Vysic struck the slime dead centre with his spear.

Killing it before it could even move.

He collected the slime core and proceeded to kill the others.

By the end of the day he returned with a wet slimy bag full of 10 slime cores.

He kept some for alchemic purposes of course.

UNAPPRAISED APPRAISED

~~~Me and Gobo scoured and searched the market area today, for slimes. We only found 3 near general store and 2 near the grocery store. After, we started asking nearby citizens if they had seen any nearby slimes that needed to by subjugated. Luckily we had a few people ask for our help and led us to their houses, we found our next slime's 4 this way. While collecting slimes cores, we started to notice that a few more slimes then usually were actual trying to get into the sewers. We successfully acquired 6 slime cores from waiting nearby the sewers entrance and waiting for slimes to come to us. It looks like something is going on with the sewers, hopefully you send someone to figure it out. Also hopefully it wouldn't be to consequence that I will be keeping the extra 5 slime cores for my own experiments.

End Report ~~~
UNAPPRIASED APPRAISED

BigGreens Slime Subjugation Report
~~~~Today's slime subjugation was successfully completed, with turning in 10 slime cores. I will also be keeping the extra slime cores I obtained today as well. Most of these slime cores were obtained near the town's sewer entrance again. This is just my hypothesis but, it seems like the large influx of slimes trying to get into the sewer has to do something with the collapsed part of the sewer. ~~~~
UNAPPRAISED APPRAISED

Big Green's Quest Report
~~~~ Gobo and I successfully acquired 10 slime cores, most from the Sewer entrance as usual. This time however we tried going into the sewers to look for Sewer Slimes today. We found a few slimes clumped up together, trying to fuse together may be? I don't know, but we dealt with them before they could do anything. Seems like something is going on with the Sewers.~~~~
Slime Subjugation
Objectives:
Rewards:
Quest Report
Character: Yukikaze
Level: 1 (0/200)
Quest: Slime Subjugation

After arriving in this world due to a certain pesky goddess I will kill Loki even if its the last thing I do. With an entirely new body I decided that what better way to get used to it would be a nice fight. Now if only I would stop crashing into things. I summoned my familiars Fuu and Rai and followed them to the North Scribel Forest? I think that's the name anyways I would rather not end up in the North Pole again. Anyways the fight wasn't that hard I just hid in the shadows of the trees then poked their cores out with a quick jab with a tree branch.
The fact that I'm submitting this the next day does not mean I was too busy playing with my familiars. It's not my fault they are so fluffy and sleeping outside is free. Honestly the only good thing that came out of this gender bending thing is that now I can practically bury myself in their fluff... and ride them. Yay for small victories. Here's the 10 slime cores you requested.

By the way I found a big wolf sniffing around my camp so I tied it up. Do you think I can keep him?

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Giant Rats are a type of monster that is common in the Scribel City Sewers.

Description
Very little is written on the appearance of giant rats in the records. Presumably, they look like enlarged rats.

The size of giant rats is disputed. A multitude of sizes have been reported, ranging from only slightly larger than ordinary rats to approximately the size of a large dog. The most common size seems to be the dimensions of a house cat. A few adventurers mentioned that their limit was carrying three rat corpses at a time.

Ecology and Behavior
Distribution and Habitat

Giant rats have been found in the Scribel City Sewers. They are fairly abundant and breed quickly.

Some characters have found tailless corpses of giant rats in the sewers, presumably from negligent adventurers who did not bother to clean up after hunting for rats.

Diet
Giant sewer rats are presumed to eat trash, but this topic has not been extensively studied.

Biology
Very little is known about the biology of giant sewer rats. It is unknown if they are naturally this size or if they grow excessively large due to something in the environment.

They are known to spread and carry diseases.

"Mutant" giant rats have been reported in the sewers.

Behavior
Although classified as a monster, giant rats do not have a reputation for being particularly aggressive or particularly passive. They are weak individually, but dangerous in groups.

Giant rats have been encountered in "swarms" and as isolated loners. The loners have been reported to be more aggressive than the ones in groups. However, rats in "swarms" may be starving and will attack anything that seems to be carrying food.

Uses
No practical use for giant rats has been reported. The rat tail is collected merely as a proof of subjugation.

Some sewer slimes have been observed eating giant rats, and some adventurers have fed dead rats to sewer slimes.

References
These rat is eating fairly well, they are fat and their fur leaking an oily smell. My knife is covered in grease after killing 3 rats so I switch to wooden club. One good hit to break skull or spine is enough to kill them but they are very agile so I often hit their leg first to limit their movement. The killing one rat is pretty easy but the difficulty goes up when they come in group. You have to run away, hit the nearest one and repeat unless you want to get outnumbered.

I feel like giant rats that live alone tend to be more aggressive than one that travels in a group. Make sense I guess? You don't have anyone to rely on after all. Further investigation required to confirm this theory though.
"Sewers again? Oh, rats. I didn't really want to go down there again if I could help myself...argh, fine."

Making a detour to a certain type of shop in town, Vicious emerged five minutes later with a chunk of stale cheese, and set off for the sewers.

The plan was as follows; she would heat up the cheese until it softened, and let the smell do the baiting. She also had some packets of chewing gum with her as an alternative to glue. No springtrap, but that didn't matter when she had a functioning knife and a keen hand. And thus, the girl figured that such a stint would only require ten or so minutes.

*****​
An hour later, a sopping wet Vicious made her way out of the sewers.

"What was that swarm?! It's moldy cheese, for goodness sake! Are the rats here so starved that they'll amass just for a piece of expired cheese? I don't even play a pipe, for heaven's sake!"

Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but since she figured it would be an easy task, most of her belongings were left in the tavern room which she had rented out. She'd brought along nothing beyond the bait, bubble gum, a knife and her clothes.

Contrary to expectations, the moment the smell of cheese started spreading, the rats were already making their presence known. Seeing several dozen pairs of eyes appearing in the dark simultaneously...that was a chilling experience, to say the least. But god, watching the swarm move was an entirely different matter.

She'd immediately ditched it and jumped into the murky sewer waters, swimming for the ladder that led to the street, but the rats followed, leaping into the water in twos and threes. Quite a number drowned, but still a sizeable number swam after her...

"Never...doing this again. Not worth."
Quest Report: [Filed]
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 2) (EXP 200) (Money 13G)
Quest: Giant Rat Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the infestation of giant rats. I decided that what I would do was create a large humane rat trap using several large barrels, some scrap food and simple trap door lids on the barrels. The rats would climb up on to a platform that would allow the giant rats to simply fall into the barrels. Unfortunately, I was not prepared for just how many rats I would collect by this method. Each of the barrels is now filled with several hundred giant rats which are beginning to chew through the barrels in order to prove that I did finish this quest several times over I brought the trapped rats to guard station. The Guards were very rude to me and demanded that I slay all the rats on the spot, which I, of course, did leading to several of the guards and some innocent bystanders becoming ill thanks to the smell of the burning rats. The guards tried to argue with me that my catch wouldn't count because the rat's tails were burned. I demand satisfaction! I believe that my method of disposing of the giant rats was the most hygienic way possible! The quick count of rats that I exterminated was over 300. It was impossible to get an accurate count do to the nature of the traps. I believe that I should be compensated for completing this quest fifteen times.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman
Report for Quest: Giant Rat Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: I had previously planned to hunt rats by using poisoned bait. This method failed, as the rats could smell the poison. This meant that I had to get more creative.
I spent some time sniffing the paralysis poison I used. I tried to grasp the elusive scent it had, and while it took time, I eventually managed to discern its scent. Following this, I began to train my nose by sniffing the normal bait and then sniffing poisoned bait without knowing which was which. After a day of this training, I think I understood what I was smelling, and what it would take to mask the scent.
I had a pouch of herbs I had collected from the forest a few days ago. I had been drying them with the plan to eventually use them to make some potions for myself. Using these herbs, I masked the smell of the poison that was on the bait.
I went down into the sewers and placed the bait in multiple locations that I could easily get to and waited for rats to arrive. Sure enough, I was able to kill a total of 21 giant rats. I collected their tails after slitting their throats, and I have brought them in as proof of completion.
Quest Items: 21 Giant Rat Tails.
Appraised and Approved by: Ghost
After roughly an hour of walking through the sewers, the group came across some large rats and unhesitatingly took out their weapons and charged towards their quarry.

"Yaaaaaaaargh!" Shouted Stevie as he ran at the forefront with his sword raised above his head, leaving himself wide open to attacks without realising it.
We descended to the sewers, with Karyl clinging tightly to me. Luckily, it seemed that she could sense them so she guided me toward where the rats were hiding. Unfortunately, the rats sensed me before I could get close enough to slice them up, and began running. I chased after them, but they are rather fast. Why does my dinner always run away from me....

To close the gap (and make Karyl work), I plucked her off me and threw her at the giant rats. She howled and hissed as she sped at the rats. My aim was good and she landed right on one of them. Instead of clawing and biting the rat to death though, she just gave me a nasty glare and gave me a look as if asking me what to do. Well, the extra weight from the fat Karyl clinging onto the rat, I mean, completely normal weighted Karyl, slowed down the giant rat enough for me to run up and decapitate it though.

While cleaning up the corpse, I told Karyl, "Come on, you used to be good at killing monsters, blasting them off with your magic, casting shadowbolt or whatever it was. Just do the same here... Oh wait, you don't have a grimoire with you huh."
Karyl gave me that look and mimed grabbing something with her paws.
"Oh right, you wouldn't be able to hold one as you are either... Well, now you're a cat so just do what cats do and claw and bite them to death! They're rats. They're your natural prey!"
Karyl rolled her eyes at me.

The second time I threw her, she tried to bite the giant rat, and immediately started spitting out the blood and giving me a dirty look. Guess she doesn't like the taste of giant rat blood.

For the other 18 times, she just acted as a paperweight, and occasionally clawed a few of the rats. So much for making her exercise. Oh well, at least her weight is useful here. Maybe it's fine if she becomes nice and chubby?

After cleaning and gutting the giant rats, I made sure I collected the tails in a bag, burned the excess corpses, and took the rest of the meat with me. I wonder which one of the new cooking appliances at the guild kitchen should I try to use? Hopefully Rordon Gamsey could give me tips. I just need to wear a disguise, and he'll never recognize me, right?
After travelling for a while into the sewers I noticed a distinct lack of living rats of course there were a few dead rats lying around but none of them had tails still attached. I began to collect up these rats in a pile so that they could be disposed of later. This lengthened the job probably by a large portion but I was supposed to remove corpses from the sewers anyway.
After that troubling discovery luckily a large group of rats came by and attracted by the pile of 34 dead rats, the new group lost all sense of their surrounding and rapidly dived at the pile beginning to munch and eat with abandon
The sewers have a part that is collapsing, there is not all that many traces of rats that can be found in the sewers. There was also a rat that was mutated from being a normal giant rat to a larger and purple coloured Mega rat.
A fragile little girl with black hair. Have been chasing giant rats for quite awhile now, but due to her awkward movement it seems the rats is just making fun her. Playing her around.

The rats which clearly mocking the little girl, decide to lure the Pitiful little girl in the dark sewer & make her their meal.

The Giant rats, gleefully lead the little girl to sewer & making her follow them deep within the complicated tunnels. Snickering, Upon the little girl stupidity... They decided to play a game of torturing her, their food & eat her when she is in agony. The Sadistic rats couldn't wait anymore & finally ambushed the little girl attacking her. But when they finally take their move the black haired weak looking little girl is nowhere to be seen......... & Thus the rats nightmare begins.

+++++

There is 4 Giant rats in total at the start, but they multiplied, when they entered the sewers becoming 24 in total.

The rats were confused by the girl sudden disapperance.....then Suddenly.

*Squeakk!?*

A fellow Rat make a startled noise...but when the rats look at the noise direction... Their fellow rat is no longer there...

*Squeak!?**Squeakk!!!??*

then, two more rats followed, but just like the first one.... The 2 rats vanish seemingly into thin air... Leaving nothing behind.

From the original 24 in number, now there are only 21. Feeling a sense of eerieness, the remaining rats became cautious...they clearly felt something isn't right.

But since the sewer is their territory, they still have a sense of dominance keeping them from being terrified,... Then from 21 awhile ago.... They became 18 in number.. 3 more rats vanish this time without a sound at all.

Something really is wrong- as they can't no longer feigned ignorance... As a cold shiver envelopes them, feeling a sense of dread to the unknown... They decided to retreat... Only to find out 4 fellow rats behind the group is being shallowed by the shadows inside the sewer,
Looking around, she followed the path she took when she was part of Stevie's group, since she didn't want to end up getting lost in the labyrinthine passageways. Walking along the path, she didn't see much of anything for a long time and began to wonder if maybe this path had already been completely cleared out by Stevie's group.

"..."

After two hours, Liana eventually came across her first giant rat...or more like first six.
Peering around the corner to see what the giant rats were doing, she saw that some of them had moved deeper down the path, leaving two behind. One of them had its back to Liana's position while the other was drinking from the waterway beside the path. Thinking this was probably going to be the best chance for her to attempt to ambush them, she ran as fast as she could towards the one with its back to her, bent over and slashed her claws across the back of its neck.

"Screee!" The giant rat screeched in pain from the injury, before quickly turning around and jumping towards Liana with its own sharp claws and teeth.

Alerted by the sound, the second giant rat turned to look and saw an enemy in their territory, thus moved away from the waterway and also jumped to attack.

"Ngh!" Liana felt the teeth and claws dig deeply into her exposed shoulder and back as her eyes glowed red and she reflexively swiped at the rat's throat. The rat died from the second attack and slackened its jaw - falling to the ground. However, the second rat had already reached her, jumped up a little and bit at her thigh while clawing at the flesh.

Feeling her fangs instinctively grow longer, Liana barely held onto her senses as she swiped both hands at the rat in quick succession, also killing it. Experiencing the pain from the wounds, she wanted to cry but held it together as she heard the sounds of the other rats nearing due to the commotion they'd no doubt heard from her fighting. Not wanting to push her luck, she grabbed the bodies of the two rats, picked up her wine bottle, and ran back the way she came.
Sewer Rat Hunting proved to be hard for Vysic. Even when Vysic hexed them, slowing their speed. It wasn't really effective! Without their speed, the rats were still hard to catch. Vysic chased after them for hours missing and hitting some stabs.It was really good training. Eventually He killed 20 giant rats and detailed them. He also killed some normal rats as well.

Body disposal was a much more daunting task. Vysic could barely carry 2 at a time and just ended up dragging them. He had to make multiple rounds back into those sewers. Vysic ended up disposing them by digging a hole and burying them.
Back in the sewers, he started to head down the familiar path with the smell making him wrinkle his nose again. He started to recall the information he had on them.

Rats like slimes tend to reproduce quickly and so the rats that were cleared out would quickly have rats taking their spot. And, that was the good part they never learned. Places traveled often would still have rats lurking around. Traps and the same strategies could be used again and again. Good for hunters getting their start. But there was only one reason people didn’t take this quest...the smell.

But, with his experience with handling rats and walking into the sewers the smell hardly bothered him though he still had to wash himself afterward unless he wanted some complaints from his dorm mates.

Hearing a growl and a whoosh he swung his sword and a crack sounded out. The sad truth of having to keep his sword sheathed was that it never killed right away. But, pointing his sheathed sword above the stunned rat and thrusting in down he finished the job.

Cutting out the tail, he kicked the corpse into the water. Even if it was somehow alive after having it’s organs punctured, the water would take care of it. If not the water, then the slimes lurking there.

Moving on he went on killing. The second one dashed towards him but a kick and a slash later it was taken care off. The third jumped, repeating the same fate as the first. With their only options of attacking him being jumping or dashing. He quickly fell into a rhythm. A slash there, a bash there the rats stood no chance.

As the rat tails piled up, the sound of the rat bodies getting chewed out became faster. With the sound of water thrashing around coming out faster and faster. Once he reached his goal he quickly left. He didn’t want to suffer an attack from a group of sewer slimes.

But as he reached the entrance he saw the slime mass watch his departure with sadness. Quickly making his way back to the guild he turned his report. Summary:
  • Hunted rats with an sheathed sword
  • Cut the tails and threw the bodies to the sewer slimes
  • Slimes noticing this followed him and ate the dead rats
  • As he left he noticed that they were sadden with his departure
"Anyways, you three remember the plan right? I will repeat once again coz I am pretty sure atleast one of you was probably not paying attention. You three will go and scare the rats towards me using fireballs. I will try to cast a spell. If it fails, I will engage in a melee and you three would support me. Clear?", I ask. The reply was a trio of totally not mischievous smiles.

An afternoon later, I had a score of giant rat tails with me. And also lots of burning rats. Mostly coz of the three queens here but a few also coz I panicked and just instinctively blew my breath on the rats.
In the sewers, he moved swiftly to get the job done. While he still couldn’t see the rats themselves he could still use the sounds they made to guess where they were attacking from. If they jumped into the air he could use his sword to slam them into the wall with enough force to take them out for good. If not he could finish them with another strike if they were still alive.

If they scuttled on the ground he could sweep his sword across the floor. With the sheath covering it he didn’t need to worry about damaging the sword itself. He only needed to focus on putting enough force to put the rat out of commission for good or stun them for long enough for a follow up strike. With this method he quickly amassed twenty tails.

The disposal still was an issue though carrying three at a time made him walk back and forth at least seven times. Which was a pain when he was getting into the flow of things. But, carrying the tails back to the guild he finished his quest.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
OOC: @Reciful Adding some more references to this entry. Also, for your previous library entry on horned rabbits, please make sure that you're not making up new information in the library memo. I did not see most of the things that you wrote for the library in the original quest report that you cited. Please make sure that every statement that you make in the library comes from an existing quest report.

-----------

The horned rabbit is a species of monster found in the Scribel Region. They are commonly regarded as benign.

Description
Horned rabbits are rabbits with a sharp horn. Presumably, they have a single horn, but little information is written in the records.

Ecology and Behavior
Horned rabbits have been found in various areas of the Scribel Region, including in the North Scribel Forest and in fields.

They have been observed eating plants.

Their natural predators include wolves and birds-of-prey.

It is unknown if they have any unique abilities.

Uses
While there is no standing Adventurer's Guild subjugation quest for horned rabbits, some adventurers have been witnessed on missions collecting rabbit horns.

It is currently unknown what uses they might have.

There is one report of the horned rabbit's skin being used in a potion.

References
The Stevie's Wardens had a mission for collecting the horns of horned rabbits. They were all over the place and they had scouted the warrens aheads of time, so it didn't take long. Most of the time was spent walking, or bagging random game we encountered on the way. On the second day, though, we ran into a direwolf pack with two kobold riders between them. Stevies team deal with them. There was some loss to the loot, but considering what I had to go through to protect that bag of meat from armored wolves that weigh as much as I do, I'd say everything went reasonably well. Oh, and we found an old watchtower up there. It's abandoned and a good shelter, so it might not be a bad idea to send someone to fix the door and mark it as a safe spot.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask. Do you still have a surplus of that healing grass? I want to buy some if you do.
> > >
Hunting Mission
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

Quest Report - Okarin

One thing that Okarin did not understand about being human was the obsession with meat.

Okarin did not eat meat.

Therefore, comprehending the big bolded words on a guild flyer:

...was slightly outside of their realm of comprehension.

+ + +​

Okarin intended to ignore this flyer that they found littered on the ground.

However, later that day when Okarin was wandering through the forest, the slimeperson witnessed something interesting.

+ + +​

There was a nice patch of Twin Flowers in a meadow in the forest.

Okarin was staring at the flowers because Green Slime was trying to wiggle out of Okarin's arms. The Herb Slime wanted to eat the Twin Flowers.

However, Okarin refused to let go of the big glutton because there was something else present at this scene.

A single horned rabbit hopped out from beneath a shrub and started nibbling on the Twin Flowers.

Green Slime appeared unhappy that its meal was being stolen.

Nonetheless, Okarin sat there watching, quietly soaking a different patch of grass up through their grey flesh.

+ + +​

Ten minutes later, some kind of big bird swooped out of the sky and killed the horned rabbit in a single blow.

Apparently, it was carnivorous, so it promptly started tearing away at the meat with its beak.

Okarin watched as this occurred.

+ ++​

Yet barely 5 minutes passed, and another visitor crashed the scene.

A wolf leapt through the bushes and promptly jumped on the bird, killing it instantly.

It knelt on its haunches and chewed away at the crunchy feathers.

+ + +​

Soon thereafter, the wolf perked its ears up. Perhaps it sensed something?

A wild boar came crashing out of nowhere and charged the wolf.

The wolf whined as those dangerous tusks impaled and left a big gash on its side. Wounded, it snarled and tried to bite back at the boar.

The two beasts fought and wrestled with each other in the clearing with healing herbs.

A dead rabbit and a dead bird lay on the ground.

+ + +​

Suddenly, there was cry of birds squawking as they fled. A Giant Spider tumbled through the forest with a big crash.

It looked angry and irritated.

Since it landed next to the wolf and boar, the Giant Spider lashed out and slew both animals with a single powerful strike of its giant razor-sharp legs.

Now there was a dead rabbit, dead bird, dead wolf, and dead boar atop a pile of healing herbs.

+ + +​

Okarin heard a few voices in the distance.

'It's getting away!'

'I see it! Use your fireball Vesa! Those spiders are weak to fire!'

And suddenly the forest lit up in flames.

The Giant Spider was on fire, and it screeched in the way that arachnids screamed (which was silently, but very limb flail-y).

'You idiot! You set the forest on fire!'

'How are we supposed to get proof of subjugation if everything is burned to crisp?!'

'Kris was the one who told me to use a fireball!'

'Ugh! All of you are terrible! Terrible, I say!'

'Um, guys? Are we going to put out the fire?'

+ + +​

A bunch of human adventurers argued, and Okarin stood up from their resting place.

The flames were blazing uncomfortably close to their spot.

Okarin was about to exit the scene, but they turned their eyes to the pile of corpses in the middle of the flaming meadow.

+ + +​

It was quite a waste, wasn't it?

The slimeperson sighed, and then quickly took a detour and picked up the dead boar.

They carried it out with them, and as soon as Okarin exited the border of the forest, they tossed the carcass on the ground with disgust.

It was unpleasant to deal with dead things.

It was bloody, and Okarin could taste the tangy flavor of iron.

Adventurers did this every day???

Okarin didn't want to touch the dead animal anymore though.

Perhaps they would go find someone who could drag it back to the city for them...

They sat down at the edge of the forest and waited.

+ + +​

Eventually a woodcutter came by, and Okarin asked if they wanted the boar. Perhaps they could take it back to the city on their cart?

The woodcutter didn't seem very eager, but agreed when Okarin said the woodcutter could take all the credit and reward.

Okarin just didn't want to deal with the corpse anymore.

----------
Summary:
  • Okarin was sitting around.
  • They saw a horned rabbit nibble on twin flowers.
  • A bird of prey killed the horned rabbit.
  • A wolf killed the bird of prey.
  • A boar attacked the wolf.
  • A giant spider killed the boar and the wolf.
  • Humans set the giant spider on fire.
  • This part of the forest is burning.
  • Okarin dragged the boar carcass out... is that meat...?
  • A woodcutter agreed to take the carcass to the city.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Meme title: Horned Rabbits, Biome Feral wolf, Biome Forest boars, Twin headed snakes.

Memo Category: Wild life/Animals

Contents:

Horned rabbits
  • Can be seen living in the grass lands & rivers outside of Scrible city or at the entrance of the Northern forest.
  • Like to eat all kinds of insects a great help for insect population control, They are a great help for the farmers of the Scrible as they eat harmful insects. Due to this reason the farmers never put a hunt request for them on the guild.
  • Natural enemies of slimes. They kill slime on sight no exceptions all slime , the reason for this is still unknown. (Slime tamer & slime pet owners is adviced to be cautious around them)
  • The horns on their head is a Alchemical ingredients for stamina potions, as well as Aphrodisiac potions. Also can be used as cooking spices if grinded to powder.
  • Aggressive in nature & agile
  • Weak spot is their horns, & necks. If the horns is Destroyed the Rabbit will be paralysed due to extreme pain.
  • Taming possible

Biome feral wolf
  • Very territorial
  • white, grey, dark grey, sliver blue in colors.
  • Fluffy..... Very fluffy
  • They don't eat meat, instead they Absorbing the forest Mana as their primary food source through their fluffy fur.
  • This type of wolf is commonly found in the Biome forest, while no other places has reported sightings similar to this kind wolf outside Scrible yet.
  • Natural enemies of slime & Goblins. They kill it on sight. The reason is due to all Monsters possess a wicked Mana(Miasma) that corrupt the environment around them.
  • Dislike all Beings who have a wicked/Evil mana in them
  • Also know as "Biome forest protector" they protect the forest to any threat & invader... Human included.
  • Their fur have a very rich magical properties & is considered to be a very special Alchemical, Tailor & Crafter Materials... Can be used to craft high grade magical garmets
  • They are more active in day time than night time.
  • No sighting of the Alpha Biome wolf yet, but people speculated it my be living deep inside the Biome forest. Rumors has it, that its the forest guardian of Biome forest.
  • Taming possible

Biome Forest boar
  • A Biome variant of a normal boars
  • Has large tusks
  • Brown, dark brown, dark grey, brown red in color
  • Due to the rich mana of the Biome forest this boar can grow up to 13 feet (a size of a average house)... Albeit that size is very rare. But if such size is sighted, please immediately report it to the guild, to be Subjugated due to its threat.
  • It Fast despite its rather large size.
  • Favorite attack is tackle at full speed.
  • The meat of this boar is very high in protein & nutrition.... Also very tasty.
  • Taming?.... Not possible...& Why pet a boar?

Twin Headed Snake
  • has two heads.
  • Lives in the Biome forest or abandoned house or buildings.
  • Average in size
  • Has purple color with a very distinguishable patterns on its scales
  • Eats rats... Natural enemies of the sewer rats.
  • Has a very poisonous venom... the antidote for its bite is hard to obtain, but can be cured by a healing spell or holy magic.
  • Taming.... Possible...but why?

Reference
APPRAISED

Character
: Reciful The Innocent malice
Lvl: 4 (1200/2000)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: { Alchemist Assistant }

Reciful makes a potion today! You know!!... Yay!!.. do you want to try?... Its tasty you know!!:blob_happy:

But first, Reciful must collect 5 Healing Herbs & 5 Slime core. Reciful don't know, why? But Okay!.... Reciful wonder if Sewer slime core is fine?

After, collecting what they asked... They Want Reciful to gather again, this time the ingredients in the list... Why can't they gather it on their own? Reciful wonder?... Maybe Alchemist Person is lazy!! But Reciful is not lazy! so Reciful gathered it! For those lazy people!!

List of Ingredients:
  • Cats whiskers × 6
  • Red fruits × 10
  • Horned Rabbits skin × 1
  • Eye of newt × 2
  • Healing herbs × 20
  • Ravens feather × 3

Reciful Easily get Cats whiskers! Cuz there is a cats outside the Alchemist guild. So Reciful catch it with Reciful Tendrils!... Don't worry cats is still alive!

As for the Red fruits, the people in the market give Reciful some of it, when they knew Reciful is looking for Red fruits... Why? They said, its a thanks for Reciful teaching the street Children's a month ago, they said those kids no longer steal or harm both the vendors & costumers!.... Reciful is happy!!.. Praise Reciful more!!

For the Horned Rabbits Skin Reciful went to the forest, catch some rabbit & skin it alive... Done! Horned Rabbit skin get!

Reciful went to the nearby River to find some Newt... For collecting Eyes of Newt. Reciful found many but Reciful need only 2 so, Reciful catch 2 Newt, Crush its body & collected its head with eyes attached to it!

For healing herbs, Reciful went to the the forest... Found it!!

For the last one its Raven/Crows feather.. luckily Reciful spotted one immediately Catching it with Tendrils & the appendages of Reciful. Raven have no escape... Then Reciful pluck all of its feather! At once!!. Then Reciful remember only 3 feathers is needed....... Oh well~

****​

Gathering all the Ingredients! Reciful will brew a potion!... Bit this time Reciful shall follow the Procedure, & wait till sunset...

After than Reciful heat up the Cauldron with normal fire!... Filled is with some water, & drops all the ingredients inside all at once, mix it aaaaaand BOOM! Potion Created!!!:blobrofl:

Reciful created Potion!!

[ Healing Potion Of Bad Omens ]
Brew/Potion Details
Brewing MethodBrew it at exact time of Sunset
EffectHeals all kinds wounds & any Status Debuffs (poison, Curse, Madness.. etc)
Primary ingredientHealing herbs & Red Fruits
Secondary ingredientRavens Feather
Duration5 minute full healing effect
Side effect Your luck will fall down to Negative. & You'll Experience constant Misfortune for a whole day Non stop.

Signed: Reciful

Reciful

Memo title: Fairy/Fairies

Category: World phenomenon/magical being.

Description:

Mysterious flying Small humanoid beings
With Insect wing made out of light.

They all look like Little girls, for gender its unknown if they have one.

Despite plenty in the nature yet the occasion they are witnessed is very rare.
Because it said they cannot be seen by naked eye's, But with Special type of eye or a sensing type abilities, perhaps They can be perceived.

Behavior/nature:

Where do they come from?.... Is unknown.
But it seems like they are made of Mana(magical energy) of the nature/world or some form of energy... But no one knows for sure.

They tend to play around always it seems. And often can be found in forest, lakes, or other place rich with mana.

They seems to be very scared of Evil alignment type beings & Will Immediately fly's away if they ever see one.
Except, for the dark/black Fairies who seems to instead wanted to be near in those kind of beings.

The fairy seems to be able to see through Disguise, or illusion & see the true nature of the person they saw... Thats why they can judge if an individual is good or bad, & be fiends with them by playing around unnoticed or run away immediately if it's bad. No matter what the person look like outwardly.

Others:
their wings is considered as rare crafting material.

Reference

After spending a fair amount of time looking through reports, I figured it would be a good idea to take one of those quests. I looked through the list and found what seemed to be a good choice, although... A whole week for a job that gave no payment? It was somewhat confusing.

I had to ask around to find out that I was allowed to eat the supplies of the storeroom and to sleep there if I desired, so I would be compensated for my one week of work by not having to worry about rent or food in that time period... It was not an ideal work environment, but it seems there is no such thing in this guild, so I suppose it will have to do.

Once I arrived at the storeroom, I was left to my own devices... I felt like this was quite the breach of security as I shouldn't have a hard time stealing something if I wanted to. Is this just blind trust or did they have some security measures I was unaware of? Considering how the pixies were able to constantly able to get away freely, I'm afraid it might be the former... Yet another thing to file a complaint for I suppose.

Nonetheless, I decided to get started. There was no way I'd be able to catch up to something as small and swift as a pixie if I allowed them to have the initiative after all, so I moved around the storeroom and started placing two talismans on each wall, while making a prayer as I put each in their appropriate places, and yet another one once they were all prepared.

With this the barrier was set, now all that was left, was to wait.

The first two days went by with no incident whatsoever, it would be ideal if nothing happened throughout the week, but considering how this was a permanent request from the guild, I doubted that would be the case.

On the third day, I was doing my usual prayer routine, when I suddenly heard a faint shout. It would probably be easily missed if we were outside, but in a quiet storeroom, sound traveled far. I got up and started moving towards its general direction, aware that the culprit would probably no longer be there by the time I arrived... It was okay though, time is something I have plenty of.

The following hour was filled with me casually walking towards shouts that kept coming from all over the place, those pixies are certainly fast, I'll give them that... Eventually though, they got tired, sat on the ground and waited for me.

When I got near, I could take a proper look at the culprit. She looked similar to a human, but she was only 10cm tall, had two wings coming out of her back, and some shiny glitter constantly came out of her body... Interestingly enough though, the glitter disappeared when it hit the ground, as opposed to dirtying it... Quite the unusual being.

I sat down next to her and asked, "I'm Nene, you are?"

She gave me an annoyed stare in response... But as I said nothing else, she eventually replied, "What do you want?"

I calmly answered, "To know your name."

The pixie rolled her eyes, but gave an a reply anyways, "Tink."

That was quite the unusual name... Different races, different naming conventions I suppose, I shouldn't give that much thought. Instead of delving into that topic any further, I asked her, "Why are you here, Tink?"

To that, she snapped, "Why else, you dumbass!? Don't try smart with me! Now get rid of this damned barrier so that I can get away with your sweets!"

That was not quite what I expected from the way the quest depicted the fairies... I thought she'd be meeker once she realized she'd be unable to get away scot free, but instead she became rude? That's troublesome... "Well, I'm afraid I cannot do that, as it is my job to stop you from stealing from this storeroom." To that, she just looked away grumpily... This is not progressing well... "However, that is not to say we can't make a deal to let you out."

This time she turned back towards me with glittering eyes, "You want me to steal something for you then? Tell me the name and I'll get it back in no time! Don't underestimate my thieving capabilities, old lady, I'll have to know I'm..." And she started bragging about herself doing unsavory activities... I wish she wouldn't call me an old lady though, I may be past my prime, but I'm still fairly young.

After letting her talk for a while, I interrupted her, "I'm afraid it is against the goddess' teachings to steal things though, so that is not what I request." She got grumpy again.

"So what?" She asked.

I calmly replied, "I want you to work for the guild." Her face got even grumpier, "You see, this place extremely short-staffed right now, and helping hands are extremely needed. You are clearly very fast and good with your hands, so I think it would be a great boon if you could help out in carrying messages or going through documents."

She seemed to be outraged at the idea, "Me? Work? Do you even have any idea who I am, old lady? I work for nobody, alright? I'll have you know that I..."

Tink was about to start bragging again, but I cut her off at the start this once, "How about a bag of cookies?" She stopped speaking and paid more attention to me. "If I stop this warehouse from being raided for a whole week, I'll be rewarded with a bag of cookies. However, I am not very fond of sweets myself, so I wouldn't mind giving it to you... Provided you used your skills to aid the guild that is."

She was giving very careful thought to my proposition. "And then what? Even if you paid me for one week's worth of work, that bag won't last forever."

I just smiled at her question, it was surprisingly cute to see such an unruly pixie get swayed by a handful of sweets... I suppose their value is much bigger when they can hardly carry more than one cookie in each of their trips here. "If you show some good work, I'm sure the guild master would gladly provide you with a steady supply of sweets in order to keep helping the guild."

Tink gave my proposition some very serious thought. Eventually though, she asked, "How can I be sure you aren't scamming me?"

I answered calmly, "It would be completely against the goddess' will to tell lies to people. Moreover, you can directly ask the guildmaster in advance before doing any work if you so desire.

"In addition, I'll only be here until the end of the week, so if I were to try fooling you, nothing would stop you from stealing supplies again once I was gone."

She seemed to be almost convinced, "What about the barrier though...?"

I simply answered, "I cannot maintain it from a large distance. Even when I'm this close, it requires a constant influx of prayers to keep it up."

After giving it a bit more thought, she said, "Alright, I'm in!"

I smiled in happiness due to seeing someone entering the holy path of good deeds. Then I told her the directions to the guildmaster's chambers, gave a rough idea of what kind of work she'd be expected to do, and asked her to tell her friends about the deal if she liked the outcome of it. Afterwards, I temporarily lifted the barrier that stopped her from leaving in order to let her start working... And then I put the barrier up again and got back to my prayers.

... A similar encounter happened two more times throughout the week, though the other pixies weren't as rude as Tink, they certainly took about the same effort to convince... It was a bit saddening that I would need to spend my money buying two more bags of cookies in order to pay them for their work, but it was worthwhile in the long run.

Hopefully this would help reduce the burden on the guild workers and lead to a better work environment, or at least I prayed it would be like that.

Once the week was over, I took the talismans off the walls, left the storehouse, bought the cookies for the two pixies that I convinced latter, and told the receptionist to directly deliver my reward bag to Tink instead.

It felt like a productive week, though I wonder if asking them to spread the word to other pixies will really reduce the amount of attacks in the storeroom we get... I pray it will.
Evaluation
As per your request the bag of cookies has been delivered to Tink.

Also thanks to the pixies help productivity as increase by about 4%. you have been rewarded with 2G for this.

• EXP: 120
  • Money: 2G
  • Items: A bag of cookies
Reported by Vicious
"Hmm, simple enough. I'll take this one."

The girl was outside the storeroom in question, staring at the exterior with one hand on her chin.

To harm fae, it is actually quite simple. Cold, unforged iron in it's purest form. It doesn't have to be a lot, either; a coin forged of old iron is enough to deter tiny fae like pixies. However, the objective is to dissuade, not to kill, so there's no need to go overboard this time. A little bit will do.

As Vicious started about her task, the feeling of deja-vu struck her, much to her surprise. It wasn't her first time dealing with the Fair Folk, but the feeling of catching a fae...

Why do I feel like I know exactly what to do?

Whilst the girl's mind thought about the question deeply, her body moved by itself, guided by something she did not understand. Something like experience that she did not yet have.

Locating all the obvious entry points, then starting to hunt for any holes in the walls, floor and ceiling. She found a tiny hollow in one of the walls---not big enough for a human hand, but just possibly wide enough for a fae to slip through.

"Looking good."

The crack was closed by sticking an old iron coin over it, and she had left similar coins around the doors and windows. On the floor, Vicious had carefully poured out a circle of salt that enveloped several shelves of items. As for the cabinets and containers outside the circle, she had replaced the wooden handles with iron ones. Then she liberally sprinkled the surfaces with salt.

Looking around, everything seemed in place. She nodded in great satisfaction, then pulled out pen and paper and left a note.

[The iron should easily keep out lesser fae. Be careful when moving goods and don't remove the coins; faeries dislike cold iron and will avoid places with them, but I've added a salt circle for added protection. If the problems intensify, then get some grave dirt from a sanctified ground and bury them around the storeroom.]

Satisfied, Vicious left.

APPRAISED

Character: Reciful
Lvl: 2 (230/600)
Class: Chaos bringer

Quest name: Woodcutter in the Forrest.

++++++++

Guild Employee A(female): Are really sure about this quest Reciful-chan.....its a pretty boring quest? Are you sure?

*Nods head*

Guild Employee A(Onee-san): The reward is small you know? Even though its more troublesome than a subjugation request... Moreover your a l-l-little girl! Reciful-chan..a loli!!..... W-w-what if you got lost?.. What I'm I gonna do!! If your Kidnapped or crying alone in sadness or Something!!....Onee-san is worried for Reciful-chan... I might lock you on My room a-a-and O-O-Onee-san will be yours alone forever!!! Haah~ haaah~ haaah~:love: (heavy breathing)

Reciful Ignored the Yandere lolicon Guild Employee A & proceed to her quest.

Quest Report:
Reciful decided to chop trees! In the forest!

Reciful already vent Stress & frustration by murdering some sewer rats awhile ago, so this time, Reciful shall relax in the Nature & murder some trees this time!!

Reciful go towards the north forest where the trees are.

The guild have many spare tree Cutting Axes but they said few used it, cause it not really popular for Adventurer... The axe were all old & rusty.

In the way Reciful saw some fairies they are small insect like Humanoid weak world spirits.. humans cannot see them.. but Reciful can!..... Ahh~ they run away~.... apparently they Hate Reciful, they always run away from Reciful screaming "d-don't eat me I'm not tasty!!" Or "Its the Evil Girl!! Run!!" or "Plhs d-d-don't kwill me!! " how rude~.... only the Black fairy like Reciful but they are taciturn bunch~

While pushing a Empty wooden cart Reciful finally found the trees! Lets chop!

Murdering trees are hard! & Not fun, but swinging Axe is soooo fun Reciful like to axe things.

The Axe might get destroyed since its in bad shape & Reciful don't want that cause Reciful like this Axe.. A lot!

The Axe can't even make any cut on the tree the axe si sooooo rusty & blunt!.

So Reciful use [Shape shifting skill] transforming My Arms & Hair back to a black tendrils then reshaped it to a hard jagged blade teeth's... A saw! Slowly moving it sideways until it chop down the tree Then Reciful much easily cut more tree!

After a whole day Reciful murdered 13 trees ... Is it enough? The cart can't hold the logs if the cart get hurt the receptionist will scold Reciful...scary! So Reciful use [Tenebrous skill] to manipulate darkness & put all the tree logs in Reciful own shadow as a storage for the logs for now!

Eh!? Why no monster attack Reciful?... Reciful have a skill called [Chaos Whisperer skill] Reciful simply Whispered to the subconsciousness of the Goblins, Slime, Bandits, A boar & A wolf that came near Reciful.
Reciful keep suggesting to their subconsciousness that "Nothing is interesting here so walk away in somewhere more dangerous " until they lose interest & walks away

and so Reciful collected 13 Tree logs! Is it enough?

Reciful wonder if Reciful can keep the Old rusty cutting Axe? Reciful will take care of it! Please!!!

Signed: Reciful the Eldritch Abomination
APPRAISED

Reciful Go towards the guild board looking for a lvl 2 quest..

She found the usual quest for lvl 2 Adventurer.... But before she grabs Her first choice the 'Hunting Quest'...Reciful saw a new request notice at the board.

(...a new quest?........ Its for level 2~..... Reciful shall try... Reciful can't use magic~... But Reciful knows alchemy.... using Reciful own original methods & recipe~ )

Character: Reciful the innocent malice
Lvl: 2 (305/600)
Class: Chaos bringer

Quest name: A magical Disguise

Quest Report

Reciful immediately went to collect all materials for the alchemy ritual since it need lots of lots of plants, So Reciful went to the Northern Forest.

Reciful gather many Herbs, Flowers, Rare Insects, and A single fairy!

After that Reciful went to a witch house outside the city where a "Black Witch" lives! Reciful borrowed a big cauldron, a very long spatula & also asked the witch assistance for the magical fire cause Reciful can't use magic... In exchange Reciful Give "The Black witch", a vial of Reciful's Black Demonic blood as a payment.

Reciful wait till midnight, then Reciful go deep inside the forest. Reciful make sure no monster shall interrupts the dark ritual. "The Black witch " also place some warding spell runes to repel any intruders.

• Healing herbs × 99

• Twin flowers × 99

• Tri-flowers × 99

• Volent purple flowers × 5

• Apple from a monster tree × 10

• Slime core × 61 (from Reciful previous quest)

• A basket of veggies (From Reciful previous quest reward)

• Goblins heart × 1(A goblin tortured by Reciful long ago & imprisoned in Reciful shadow. )

• Sewer giant rats tail × 4 ( Excess from Reciful Quest )

• a rare golden beetle × 1

• wing of a fairy (any type) × 1

• Black Demonic Blood ( Reciful's blood )

• Witch's tears ( a single tears of a legit witch )

Ingredients ready! it may look random but thats the idea itself, the requirements for the potion that Reciful will make is 'chaos' (randomness). So using proper/organize recipe will be a failure on Reciful original method of alchemy & it will be a disaster..... Reciful is serious you know~

Putting all the ingredients in the the cauldron, the witch heated it with magical flames, making sure it midnight & no moon is present in the sky. Reciful starts the chants for the ritual, Reciful use her skill the " Dark Blessing skill " & chants some ritualistic words.

" Fate be change,
Look inside, the black mirror
that reflects hidden desires,
Deceive the world through a black lies
& Turn fantasy to reality.
"

After chanting the word immediately a black light engulfed the area, as the cauldron start floating & trembling in mid air. The world around the forest lost its colors... A ominous vial appear inside the cauldron floating with unknown presence.

The potion made by Reciful unique way of alchemy is done.

Finished product
View attachment 1972
Name:
[ Nyalanthrotep's Grace ]

Description:

"The Outer God of thousand faces" has Recognized the "Princess of the Abyss" black blood & he granted her efforts a vial containing one of his blessings from the beyond,

Effect:
The vial if used, Grants a permanent skill called "Dark Metamorphosis" that grant only 1 of the 2 options.
"Over all manually create your own image"
or
"transform in one of the following dark oriented race"
( Demon race, Nephilim race, Chaos Fey race, Blood Elves race, Chaos Elves race, Deep Ones race, Dark Human race, Berserker race, Demonic Beast race )

• The skill [Dark Metamorphosis] can only be activated once "every night" & has 24 hours cool down.

• The transformation has no time limits, unless the skill is cancelled returning to your original form.
Activating the skill again must wait for its cool down to pass & wait till night time to be active again.

( WARNING )
When using the [ Dark Metamorphosis ] skill, it also change your personality to a much vicious, cruel, sadistic & cold personality. Wherever you choose in any of the 2 choices.... But you will turn back to normal when you cancel the skill.

And so Reciful finish her potion through the help of "the black witch" & went to the guild when morning came, in attempt to complete the quest... & A chance to also be a help to her fellow guild member!.

Signed: Reciful the Eldritch Abomination

OCC:
the potion is not that OP........right? I'm not sure about the standards at all... Did I went too much again? :sweating_profusely:.... Anyway Reciful cant use magic what she just Did is a Alchemy Evil Ritual/Ceremony (no magic).. its more of a mixure of offering & alchemy in the same time, to make an appeal to a higher being.... The result became dramatic cuz of her blood & skill she added on the process.
APPRAISED

Character
: Reciful
Lvl: 3 (720/1200)
Class: Chaos Bringer

Quest Name: hunting mission

Quest Report
Reciful shall Hunt... Not murder Okey!!

The guild says hunt some animals! They said make it Big!!... Maybe forest boars? Reciful once saw a flying pig while strolling at night..... Reciful think its not possible to hunt that at all~... The flying Pig Reciful saw at night one time is Colossal!!..... Reciful wish that boars & flying Pig is not related, cause Reciful will die if Reciful fight that flying pig at the moment!!!

Reciful went to the usual Northern forest!

Oh there are Forest fairies nearby.. Hello! Reciful here again!!... Ah!.... They run away~:blob_pout:

Horned Rabbits spotted...way too small... pass~

Twin headed snake, poisonous for humans, no cure for it, unless by magic.... pass~

Oh! Biome feral wolfs! Looks cute & fluffy but always angry.... Pass... Ouch!! It bite me?!?...Youuu!!...RECIFUL SHALL MURDER YOU!!!... DIE!!! :blob_hmph::blob_thor:... Hmph got murdered by countless tendrils! Ahaha

Oh there a Biome forest Boar! Reciful shall hunts you...eh.. why is it running towards Reciful?... Its not stopping?.... Its accelerating?.

*Bam*..Uuugh!:blob_shock: it tackle Reciful right in the stomach!! Sending Reciful's little girl body flying in a meter!!

The Biome boar is preparing to do a rush attack again.

Youuuuu~ boar stop!! Reciful shall hunt you! So stand still!

*Bam*...unyaaaaa~!! Direct hit! Home run! Reciful was send flying for 2 meters this time~

The Boar will attack Reciful again, the boar suddenly run towards Reciful at full speed!

Reciful, then use [Shape shift skill] & transform Reciful arms back to Tendrils to form a Black Net!.... Trapping the boar as it runs towards Reciful.. boar catch! Then use the momentum of the Boars rash & swing it in a circle again & again accelerating in each loop!!..theeenn~ smash the boar in a nearby tree at full force!! Crushing its bones!!

Reciful Wins!!

Biome Feral Wolf (medium) × 1
Biome Forest Boar (large) × 1

Signed: Reciful 'the innocent malice'

Drevart

Memo Title: Blood Lilypad
Memo Category: Species > Plants
Content:

Blood Lilypad is a variety of healing herb that grows not far away from Scribel City.

Description
Blood Lilypad is quite similar to ordinary lilypads. The only way to distinguish it from other lilypads is by looking at the pattern on the leaf. Blood Lilypad, as its name implies, has a beautiful blood-red pattern, resembling veins crawling over the skin.

Distribution
Blood Lilypad has been found in the Scribel Region in the direction of the Marshlands. Supposedly there are more of such specimens in the deeper parts of the Marshlands. But it can also be found near the waterfall which provides water to the marshlands' lake. Supposedly it grows near the toxic gases and that's why there are so many of them in the Marshlands.

Any other locations of the Blood Lilypad are currently unknown, please note them yourself in case you find any

Properties
Blood Lilypad is considered both a healing herb that has healing properties and a poisonous herb with poison properties.

Any other properties are unknown

Uses
Blood Lilypad can be easily harvested by ordinary means. All the healing properties are concentrated in its roots.

To use it as a reagent in the healing potion one first needs to distill them in alcohol.

Raw Blood Lilypads' roots can be crushed and mixed with a little bit of water to create a poison paste that affects the liver after getting into the bloodstream.

References
Reference 1
Reference 2

Last edited:
Memo Title: Gelderholm Soldier Identification
Memo Category: Gelderholm > Government > Military
Content:

There are a lot of dead in Gelderholm, one of the important task of the government is to identify the corpses when a soldier dies, so in the way of supporting the soldier's family can happen or to give the families peace of mind.

For this reason. a soldier that is a citizen of Gelderholm tend to be issued with a tag with a bit if their details, those details can be corroborated with what the military have on file to identify the soldiers.

Although not all soldier wear their tag, and not all tags survive and encounter with the enemy.

Description
A small metal tag with a few details, but most importantly has the name of the soldier.

Distribution
Tend to be for soldiers that are also citizens of Gelderholm

Properties
Made of metal, so far mostly of bronze

Uses
Wore on person. at times around the neck

Reference
Local soldiers are issued with small bronze name tags, and coupled with an appearance profile detailing their description identifying the bodies was swift.

There were dog tags of dead soldiers who could be brought back or was not intact at all, so I had to go house by house as I informed them of what had happened.

Last edited:

Epsil

Memo Title: Geldor Holmes Magic Research Centre
Memo Category: Location (Scribel City)
Content:

The Geldor Holmes Magic Research Centre, having appeared out of nowhere, is a place where research about magic is conducted. It would seem that the head of department ( Dr. Lennings) has taken a keen interest into researching about demons. However, they do also conduct experiments concerning magic items, potion compatibility. The Research Centre is guarded on the inside, and often requests that adventurers don't wander around the labs as they could reach an unsafe room.

Currently the Magic Research Centre is understaffed.

The Magic Research Centre has recently been refitted with new containment equipment, as the old one was very faulty.

Himekawa

Memo Title: Slimes > Blue slimes
Category:
Monsters

Memo:
Their body is colored blue. One more noticeable feature is that the each blue slime can control their slime brethren in some way in a certain range, either as coordinated attack or as coordinated defense. They mostly prioritized their own defense, readily sacrificing the other slimes to protect them. It is observed that the slimes around them exhibit suicidal and aggressive behavior in this matter, in order to protect the blue slime.

One thing that should be noted when fighting them is that the core of other blue slime is coveted by the other slimes, no matter what kind it is. It can turn some slime into another blue slime. Therefore, it is advised to destroy the core of the blue slime in order to stop the coordinated attack of the other slime.

It is hypothesized that the Scribel Slime Horde Invasion Incident is caused by a mutated blue slime that is able to coordinate the other blue slimes, as the blue slimes exhibit learning behavior when fought continuously, adapting to the attack that was being done against the other blue slimes. It is unknown yet if there is a learning behavior without that certain blue slime influence. More testing is needed to see if the "knowledge" of the blue slime transferred to the successive blue slime when their core is absorbed by others.

Last edited: