Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Yorth

Swordman
We might need a way to keep track of character stats. Like, I have no idea who is level 2 and who is level 1 now

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
We might need a way to keep track of character stats. Like, I have no idea who is level 2 and who is level 1 now
I edit mine in my signature, because I think it's easier to find than it is to find it in the registration form... >.>

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
I edit mine in my signature, because I think it's easier to find than it is to find it in the registration form... >.>
Yeah, it's more convenient compared to going back to the registration forum and scouring the place for one specific account

AliceShiki

Btw @GM, maybe we should rebalance the exp of quests a bit? Like... I think the gold is on a fine spot, but currently...

Level 1 quests give anything from 10-100 xp.
Level 2 quests give anything from 25-500 xp.
Level 3 quests give anything from 300-400 xp.

Like uhn... Isn't the distance a bit too big in lv 1-2 for the lowest to biggest exp contribution?

I mean, some quests are more dangerous than others, so they'll naturally give more exp, but uhn... 10x to 20x more than the lowest quest feels like a bit too much?

I think it would be a good idea to either lower the biggest xp rewards or increase the lowest rewards a bit.

Reactions: GM

kilnareth

Healing Herbs
Category:
Medicine

There are many varieties of herbs with healing properties.

Two known types are "twin-flowers" and "healing grass" (names to be determined).

Twin Flowers can be found in the forest north-east of Scribel. Although a single flower, they look like they have two smaller flowers coming out of the top. They SHOULD NOT be confused with tri-flowers, which are poisonous. Those have three smaller flowers coming out the top.

Healing Grass can be found in the forest north of Scribel. It looks like normal grass, but can be distinguished by it's mana, and it's slightly brighter green color. To be used effectively, it should be plucked with its roots intact.

@Moshi Was in the middle of creating an entry for the healing grass but you already posted it so meh. I wanted to call it 'Brightweed'.

Yorth

Swordman
@kilnareth I think these types of information should come through the form of quest reports. Like, you had to meet a pharmacist character and he told you the herbs names or something.

kilnareth

Well, I didn't know at that time that I could make up names on the spot so I didn't bother. I wanted to name the healing grass while I was writing my report.

Plus, the report mentioned Ryzen meeting an apothecary, which is pretty much the same thing as a pharmacist.

GM

Btw @GM, maybe we should rebalance the exp of quests a bit? Like... I think the gold is on a fine spot, but currently...

Level 1 quests give anything from 10-100 xp.
Level 2 quests give anything from 25-500 xp.
Level 3 quests give anything from 300-400 xp.

Like uhn... Isn't the distance a bit too big in lv 1-2 for the lowest to biggest exp contribution?

I mean, some quests are more dangerous than others, so they'll naturally give more exp, but uhn... 10x to 20x more than the lowest quest feels like a bit too much?

I think it would be a good idea to either lower the biggest xp rewards or increase the lowest rewards a bit.
Sure! If someone just wants to go through the quests and rebalance the values I can just copy them over.

AliceShiki

Sure! If someone just wants to go through the quests and rebalance the values I can just copy them over.
Aye aye~

But like, do you prefer if we lower the max value or increase the minimum value? Or a bit of both?

Because like... Right now you can go from level 1 to 2 in two quests (or 20) and from level 2 to 3 in one quest (or 16). And I dunno if that was intended or not! >.<

Yorth

Swordman
Nightwatch - 25 (While definitely not an easy job, I don’t think it’s really that harsh compared to other level 1 quests)

Exploration - 0-100

Healing Herbs – 40 ( Requires both expertise and dedication.)

Slime Subjugation – 100

City Construction – 30 (Requires dedication but not much expertise)

Office Work – 25 (While definitely much safer than nightwatch. This job requires more manual labor than the latter)

It’s Time to be a maid – 25 (Hard Manual Labor)

Cooking Rations – 40(Requires both expertise and dedication.)

AliceShiki

Nightwatch - 25 (While definitely not an easy job, I don’t think it’s really that harsh compared to other level 1 quests)

Exploration - 0-100

Slime Subjugation – 100

Office Work – 25 (While definitely much safer than nightwatch. This job requires more manual labor than the latter)

I'd also lower the Exploration and Slime Subjugation quests to 75 xp (in case of exploration it would mean the cap would be 75) tbh. Would still be a pretty big number, but only 3x the lowest reward instead of 4x like it is after your rebalance~

AliceShiki

Exploration - 0-100

Slime Subjugation – 100

Here's how I'd do the level 2 quests: (assuming changed numbers in the level 1 to cap the exp rewards at 75 exp)

Trail Maintenance: 75 xp -> 80 xp
City Messenger: 50 xp -> 60 xp
Collect Firewood: 50 xp -> 60 xp
Giant Rat Subjugation: 150 xp -> 100 xp
Prison Guard: 25 xp -> 50 xp
Road Construction: 100 xp -> 90 xp
Outpost Station: 500 xp -> 135 xp
Missing Children: 200 xp -> 110 xp
Pixie Problem: 250 xp -> 120 xp

And for level 3, I'd go with this:

Mining Magic Dust: 400 xp -> 200 xp
Goblin Subjugation: 300 xp -> 150 xp

AliceShiki

Title: Body investigation (optional purification)
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Investigate if report is true.
  • Investigate bodies of the deceased for any form of identification.
  • Give the bodies a proper burial.
  • (Optional) Purify the bodies.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 0-100
  • Money: 1-10
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

GM

Exploration - 0-100

Slime Subjugation – 100

I'd also lower the Exploration and Slime Subjugation quests to 75 xp (in case of exploration it would mean the cap would be 75) tbh. Would still be a pretty big number, but only 3x the lowest reward instead of 4x like it is after your rebalance~
Here's how I'd do the level 2 quests: (assuming changed numbers in the level 1 to cap the exp rewards at 75 exp)

Trail Maintenance: 75 xp -> 80 xp
City Messenger: 50 xp -> 60 xp
Collect Firewood: 50 xp -> 60 xp
Giant Rat Subjugation: 150 xp -> 100 xp
Prison Guard: 25 xp -> 50 xp
Road Construction: 100 xp -> 90 xp
Outpost Station: 500 xp -> 135 xp
Missing Children: 200 xp -> 110 xp
Pixie Problem: 250 xp -> 120 xp

And for level 3, I'd go with this:

Mining Magic Dust: 400 xp -> 200 xp
Goblin Subjugation: 300 xp -> 150 xp
Updated to these values~

But like, do you prefer if we lower the max value or increase the minimum value? Or a bit of both?

Because like... Right now you can go from level 1 to 2 in two quests (or 20) and from level 2 to 3 in one quest (or 16). And I dunno if that was intended or not! >.<
Tbh I didn't think too hard about how it should be balanced >.<

My thinking was that leveling up would be easy in the beginning, but harder later on.

I'd like it so that most players can easily get to the level 5-7 range, but getting to the 15-20+ range is really tough.

AliceShiki

Tbh I didn't think too hard about how it should be balanced >.<

My thinking was that leveling up would be easy in the beginning, but harder later on.

I'd like it so that most players can easily get to the level 5-7 range, but getting to the 15-20+ range is really tough.
That's fair! xD

And in that case, I think you could try maintaining a balance from levels 1-5 that uses something like...

Lowest rewarding quest: Roughly 1/8th of what you need for a new level.
Highest rewarding quest: Roughly 1/4th to 1/3rd of what you need for a new level.

If you keep it like this, I think it won't be too hard to reach the 5-7 range~

You can then start making the fractions not as friendly from levels 6+ and stuff~