Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Miku

Let me give you a few suggestions!

The first thing that comes to my mind is something I myself did - the character essentially being a core-based golem/AI that manifests its body and survives off mana.

The second thing would be something like an object gaining consciousness and creating a body via psychic powers - quite similar to the first concept.

After that come things like elementals and such, that live off a certain element. Then most undead also have no consumption. Apart from that, something that feeds off emotions or thoughts would work well - as long as intelligent beings are around.
I've done elemental. Look at @Himekawa's watery.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Is the name deliberate as to be similar to the nearby village?
Oh I didnt realize that, I chose Asteria as well, the char whose fanart I used for the image is called Astesia (arkknights) and I decided to use something similar.

Ddraig

A slender steel sword? One or two-handed? Curved blade? Tapered for stabbing or slashing? What does the guard look like? Where is the point of balance? :blob_aww:
:sweating_profusely:
I basically saw the sword in the image, thought it looked rapier-ish and copy pasted rapier's desc from wikipedia :blob_melt:. I would love to have a more descriptive description but I dont know much about swords...

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
There's a tree person iirc?
Does it matter if someone else has the same race?
*tilts head*
'-'
ResolveAsteria's resolve lets her block an attack that would have overpowered her otherwise. This skill can even block attacks that are too fast to react to.
As this skill is, imo it's on the OP side.
Please reduce the power of it to either having a limited use per day/cooldown per use, etc...
Otherwise your character can never be defeated by a powerful move.
'-'
It sounds more like something a level 20 character would have, imo.
>w<
And my char is ready! Meet Asteria~

@ohko is this char alright? I doubt she would be OP but I hope she is not underpowered either.
The rest of your character looks fine!
Looking forward to you playing again!
(^-^)

X

Ddraig

Does it matter if someone else has the same race?
*tilts head*
'-'

As this skill is, imo it's on the OP side.
Please reduce the power of it to either having a limited use per day/cooldown per use, etc...
Otherwise your character can never be defeated by a powerful move.
'-'
It sounds more like something a level 20 character would have, imo.
>w<

The rest of your character looks fine!
Looking forward to you playing again!
(^-^)

X
It was intended to be once per day, atleast it was in my mind. I guess that part didnt manage to reach the paper :blob_sweat:, I will just edit it in a sec.

Ddraig

Anyway, I've played character with detailed logistics like day to day food consumption, item consumption, etc vs something like watery that just exist.

It is easier on my self when I did not do that. less calculation, more freedom in taking quests (merchant guild quest that travel to asteria village may need two day to accomplish, not to mention if you need to go to different city. Traveling in a ship, having to prepare rations for ship voyage for each quest...). I honestly don't want to deal in logistics for this chara.

Hmm... suggest me a archetype/race?
A Yeti who is a bit on the, let's say, simple-minded side.

Ddraig

'-'
*wonders if Owner has a slight obsession with yetis*
'-'

X
>.> I mean I liked the idea a lot and when I first proposed it and so I would totally love seeing it being used and all.

I know, other ideas:
  • A doll, specifically a human sized doll controlled by wires and all but those wires disappear after say 5 meters up in the sky.
  • A moon rabbit that can survive on moonlight

Miku

=
>.> I mean I liked the idea a lot and when I first proposed it and so I would totally love seeing it being used and all.

I know, other ideas:
  • A doll, specifically a human sized doll controlled by wires and all but those wires disappear after say 5 meters up in the sky.
  • A moon rabbit that can survive on moonlight

Something like this?

Quaesitor

:sweating_profusely:
I basically saw the sword in the image, thought it looked rapier-ish and copy pasted rapier's desc from wikipedia :blob_melt:. I would love to have a more descriptive description but I dont know much about swords...
Just to make sure, you're not confusing a fencing foil with a rapier, right? With fencing foils being the wobbly things they use in fencing matches, and rapiers the long stabbing swords.

Looking at the image, the weapon seems fine. Narrow taper, good for stabbing. As thin as a rapier should be, but could be a bit longer. One thing I do have to criticize is the guard though - more specifically, the guard on the inside. Might stab into the wrist, so that's bad. Apart from that, I'd guess the balance to be about at the end of the blade, so it's easy to move the tip around with tiny wrist movements.

Though looking again... the black part of the guard irks me a bit - but I can't say too much about that cuz I don't have a lot of experience fencing with rapiers. For a fantasy weapon, it has a decent design.

Ddraig

Just to make sure, you're not confusing a fencing foil with a rapier, right? With fencing foils being the wobbly things they use in fencing matches, and rapiers the long stabbing swords.

Looking at the image, the weapon seems fine. Narrow taper, good for stabbing. As thin as a rapier should be, but could be a bit longer. One thing I do have to criticize is the guard though - more specifically, the guard on the inside. Might stab into the wrist, so that's bad. Apart from that, I'd guess the balance to be about at the end of the blade, so it's easy to move the tip around with tiny wrist movements.

Though looking again... the black part of the guard irks me a bit - but I can't say too much about that cuz I don't have a lot of experience fencing with rapiers. For a fantasy weapon, it has a decent design.
Nah from what I understand,
foils = Oversized flexible needles
rapier = A thin sword for civil use
Kukri = Big knife with a curve
Falchion = Curved one edge swords
Claymore = Big sword
Zweihander = A really heavy two handed sword
Saber = Swords for cavalry
Katana = Anime sword
Scimitar = Realllllly curved sword

What I want to ask is whether the sword in the image is meant for slashing or like stabbing?