Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Quaesitor

Hello everyone. While I was gone, I was struck by inspiration and created an RP with a power-system based on the novel Lord of the Mysteries. You can register here:

detaboker

Hi all, newb here nice to meet you all. Please feel free to check out my character and his journeys. And... I have some newb questions. How I buy stuff? do I have to post something in a specific thread?

How I buy stuff? do I have to post something in a specific thread?
Hmmm.... it been a while but if I remember correctly in you do it in Freestyle RP

as for how, it's up to you how really, you can go the full hog and do the whole opening with a subject heading,

i.e. With location, is it OPEN of another user to join the encounter, or CLOSED so only the tagged users can engage with the event, followed by tagging all the users involved, then start writing how it happened

Example:
Armor shop (CLOSED / @Detaboker)

Night went into a shop blah blah blah...

The old shop keeper Brain Firebeard looked at blah blah blah

The douchy noble was slapped in the face blah blah...

Summary:
Gold: -5
Add: Sword

If you just wanna so some quick in and out shopping. and not add more side characters or lore/locations

just go and make a post

[NIght went to the markets and brought a potion with 15g]

alter your character sheet Bam you are done

detaboker

Hmmm.... it been a while but if I remember correctly in you do it in Freestyle RP

as for how, it's up to you how really, you can go the full hog and do the whole opening with a subject heading,

i.e. With location, is it OPEN of another user to join the encounter, or CLOSED so only the tagged users can engage with the event, followed by tagging all the users involved, then start writing how it happened

Example:

If you just wanna so some quick in and out shopping. and not add more side characters or lore/locations

just go and make a post

[NIght went to the markets and brought a potion with 15g]

alter your character sheet Bam you are done
Oh, i see. Thanks, dude

Oh, i see. Thanks, dude

More examples

Short:
*purchased one
Elemental Basics Tome60A tome that teaches basic spells of the elements.

ooc: *feels embarrassed :sweat_smile: after teasing @Silver about it earlier...*

Long:
Zorion: Living in the city and preparing for a hunting trip (Closed)

Over the next few days Zorion did nothing but worked in the mines, with the help of Ted, they harvested many chunks of copper. The job was not one authorised by the city nor one from the guild but Zorion liked hanging out with Ted, and in his own way he was supporting the city.

And from watching the small animal work he notices how the creature used earth magic with its paws and sniffed out the ore. Although the magic was too difficult for Zorion on account of his affinity with earth elements, so how he felt he could do the same in controlling air quality and purifying water.

For a few days he worked at the mines unnoticed, but he was caught he was faced with the foreman, all he said was “I can’t pay ya! It’s not a quest so I can’t pay ya nothin,”

Zorion didn’t mind, he was not strapped for cash since he made a lot of money making jewellery for a noble before he left Scribel

After a few days, the foreman felt bad, so in exchange, he got some miners to teach him some things about how mines are set up, the maintenance and expansion of mines, all the things the adventures don’t see because they just breeze in and breeze out, picking away without any worries.

A week passed pretty quickly but still all the copper he had mined did nothing to bolster the stock of Gelderholm, but his effort was appreciated by the foreman. So he said farewell to Ted and the foreman, he left the mines.

Through working in the mines, reading the air with wind magic and doing physical labour he had improved in a lot of ways. The mine did not pay, and the copper he did not keep but he also worked at the guild occasionally processing reports, and that earned him a small sum.

But that was not enough money to re-equip himself to hunt in the mountain pass. If the prices at Scribel were anything to go by, the market at Gelderhom a war ridden city, it might be worse, he might need to sell some things.

The Guild had told him how expensive it would be to get items from scible sent over, and items would be more expensive here. But, on the bright side, to say in better words, due to the food shortage, all foodstuff and meat were worth their weight in gold.

Gathering his goods he went to the market sector, the meat jerky and the dried meat from the demonic boar was sold at an exuberant price. Along with the things he no longer needed, he earned a hefty sum.

And with it he did not buy much, only a white cloak made of yeti fur, a spyglass, some climbing equipment and replenished some of his travelling sundries.

With that he was ready for his next quest.

OOC:
LossGain
Sack of dried Demonic Boar meatWhite Yeti Cloak
Demonic boar core and hideSpyglass
Meat JerkyClimbing equipment
Short spearTravelling Sundries
Wooden shield
Custom Alloy Longsword
Elemental Basics Tome
Bottles of moonlight water
Bow
Arrows
Woodcutter;s axe
All recent report earnings
50g

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Would anyyyone be interested in another AG reboot? :blob_hide:

I was thinking of doing one structured around the main site. Meaning people would create a story for their character and do the quest report writing inside their novels, and essentially it could be written like a proper story.

Quest evaluations and rp would still be on the forums though.

I was also thinking of making it considerably more free-form -- no levels or ranks or anything.

Any thoughts?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Would anyyyone be interested in another AG reboot? :blob_hide:

I was thinking of doing one structured around the main site. Meaning people would create a story for their character and do the quest report writing inside their novels, and essentially it could be written like a proper story.

Quest evaluations and rp would still be on the forums though.

I was also thinking of making it considerably more free-form -- no levels or ranks or anything.

Any thoughts?
It's not that I wouldn't be interested, but I think it could be a real hassle to have to constantly jump back and forth between main site and forums? And I dunno... Putting the RP in the main site would be kinda weird I think. Especially for when people make party quests, because it'd have to be on the story page of one of the two members, which would be a bit weird... Unless maybe both posted it in their own pages... Uhn...

I dunno, it feels weird to me to try thinking of mixing up the forum RP with the main site, and a bit too much of a hassle for not much more than a table of contents for the quests you posted... I dunno if it's worth it?

As for the super freeform part of no levels/ranks... Uhn... Well, it could work I guess? Though it would have more risks of power level going out of the window, I think... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but makes it harder to create content overall.

So uhn... Could work I guess? No rank/levels could actually be fun since there would be no need to grind quests in order to do the quests one wants to, but I dunno if I like the idea of mixing main site and RP.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It's not that I wouldn't be interested, but I think it could be a real hassle to have to constantly jump back and forth between main site and forums? And I dunno... Putting the RP in the main site would be kinda weird I think. Especially for when people make party quests, because it'd have to be on the story page of one of the two members, which would be a bit weird... Unless maybe both posted it in their own pages... Uhn...

I dunno, it feels weird to me to try thinking of mixing up the forum RP with the main site, and a bit too much of a hassle for not much more than a table of contents for the quests you posted... I dunno if it's worth it?

As for the super freeform part of no levels/ranks... Uhn... Well, it could work I guess? Though it would have more risks of power level going out of the window, I think... Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but makes it harder to create content overall.

So uhn... Could work I guess? No rank/levels could actually be fun since there would be no need to grind quests in order to do the quests one wants to, but I dunno if I like the idea of mixing main site and RP.
Mhm! I feel like if this type of thing existed, it would probably be a lot smaller than a lot of the older AGs.

That said, I feel like we're in a low activity period, and I feel like it would suit Scribbly well if AG was designed to help people write stories. It would kind of be a springboard for people to focus on their own stories, and potentially check in with AG if they ever felt like it. It might also give this version of AG a chance to survive beyond the thread if people have existing stories on the site that they're working on.

I think that 1v1 RP and party quests could still be done of the forums. The main site would probably be intended for solo things (like the original reception desk thread).

My other thought with the freeform power levels was that it seems like AG never survives for more than a year, so we might as well run it out until things get exhausted and restart another world if things die down. xD

------------------------

Other rolling thoughts:

- Entire city got transmigrated to another world. So we don't know the setting or anything. World needs to be discovered (like last time)
- The premise is that the guild is an "information broker" agency. They buy and sell information as well as post quests.
- Anyone can post quests. You can also take your quests.
- Receptionists can give freeform awards. Anyone can grade quests.
- Weekly newsletter. Instead of a wiki, we'll try to assemble a newsletter every week of things that happened.

AliceShiki

Mhm! I feel like if this type of thing existed, it would probably be a lot smaller than a lot of the older AGs.

That said, I feel like we're in a low activity period, and I feel like it would suit Scribbly well if AG was designed to help people write stories. It would kind of be a springboard for people to focus on their own stories, and potentially check in with AG if they ever felt like it. It might also give this version of AG a chance to survive beyond the thread if people have existing stories on the site that they're working on.

I think that 1v1 RP and party quests could still be done of the forums. The main site would probably be intended for solo things (like the original reception desk thread).

My other thought with the freeform power levels was that it seems like AG never survives for more than a year, so we might as well run it out until things get exhausted and restart another world if things die down. xD

------------------------

Other rolling thoughts:

- Entire city got transmigrated to another world. So we don't know the setting or anything. World needs to be discovered (like last time)
- The premise is that the guild is an "information broker" agency. They buy and sell information as well as post quests.
- Anyone can post quests. You can also take your quests.
- Receptionists can give freeform awards. Anyone can grade quests.
- Weekly newsletter. Instead of a wiki, we'll try to assemble a newsletter every week of things that happened.
The newsletter seems fun, though it can be time-intensive~

And uhn... I don't really expect any AG-related to story to live on past the game... They usually always die together.

On a side note, I feel like the forums are actually getting more active recently. I think they were deadier before.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
The newsletter seems fun, though it can be time-intensive~

And uhn... I don't really expect any AG-related to story to live on past the game... They usually always die together.

On a side note, I feel like the forums are actually getting more active recently. I think they were deadier before.
Mhm! Maybe it just feels like the community games section is just quiet.

In either case, I'll probably just assume that it'll just flop. :blob_happy: Experimenting makes life fun to live!

AliceShiki

Mhm! Maybe it just feels like the community games section is just quiet.

In either case, I'll probably just assume that it'll just flop. :blob_happy: Experimenting makes life fun to live!
Oh, can't say I ever paid any attention to Scribbly's games section, so... No clue on how active it is rn~