Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

GM

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Bulletin Board

A. Quests
  • Looking for suggestions for official quests that are sponsored by the city government!
  • Ping @ohko to get a quest added.
B. Events and plot
  • It would be cool if there were bigger "events" and plots that affect lots of people.
  • Perhaps someone can come up with an interest quest idea that affects a lot of characters, and then tag a bunch of people?
C. Game Design
  • Feedback! Suggestions! >.< I actually did not participate that much on AG 1.0 or 2.0, so input is strongly welcome!
  • The level system is completely experimental. What are people's thoughts?
D. Staff
  • This is supposed to be a "staff-less" game that is able to run completely on its own.
  • However, the game would benefit immensely from people willing to create lots of content:
    • Come up with lots of interesting quests, create events, etc.
    • Proactively play a role in reviewing quest reports.
    • Engage characters in social (i.e. tavern) or collaborative (i.e. freestyle) activities.
    • Develop a sense of community.
  • There is a staff account @GM -- if you're interested in playing a GM role, lmk and I'll share the password!
E. Locations
  • Maps are cool!
  • Exploration quests
  • Potentially more Adventurer's Guild branches in the future -- different cities, different regions, etc.

Last edited:

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
What does OOC mean?

Also, if this becomes big, it'd be cool to see someone (Not me) write some kind of story about it. To turn the posts into a story on Scribble Hub.

Moshi

What does OOC mean?

OOC = Out Of Character
It's used to talk as a player instead of talking as the character being played.

Perhaps someone can come up with an interest quest idea that affects a lot of characters, and then tag a bunch of people?

Rather than tagging a bunch of people, I think it'd be better to have something like an "open request" - that is, anyone can join the quest, and once enough people had joined the quest or after a certain time the quest would start.

The main problem I see with multi-character events is coordinating everyone - though i'm sure it's possible to do it.

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
I don't like having to go through the Main Thread to look at the character sheets (Including my own), so can we make a new thread for all the characters?

And we can use the Main Thread as a quest thread?

Also, could we ask @Tony, if this gets big enough, to make a custom category in the General tab? For all of these threads to be in one place.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't like having to go through the Main Thread to look at the character sheets (Including my own), so can we make a new thread for all the characters?

Also, could we ask @Tony, if this gets big enough, to make a custom category in the General tab? For all of these threads to be in one place.
Agreed with Zyn, I think having a quest thread and character thread is important! >.<
The NUF AG wiki's did not seem to work very well(?)
As the one that managed the wiki pretty much the whole time, what I can say is...

1) You need a host that doesn't go down all the time and gets mega slow out of nowhere and then never fixes the issue. (As in, Referata is a bad idea)
2) You need people actively contributing to the wiki. I was feeding the wiki pretty much all by myself in the two times we made wikis for AG, which was a big burden on me. It's crucial to have the players actually contributing.

As long as those issues are addressed, I think a wiki can work~

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
  • LVL 18 [34200 XP]:
  • LVL 19 [34200 XP]:
These levels have the same xp requirements, is that correct?
It seems all values from level 9 onwards are wrong actually, here are the correct values: (It's on table form because copy pasting from excel automatically makes a table... >.>)
LevelExp
1​
0​
2​
200​
3​
600​
4​
1200​
5​
2000​
6​
3000​
7​
4200​
8​
5600​
9​
7200​
10​
9000​
11​
11000​
12​
13200​
13​
15600​
14​
18200​
15​
21000​
16​
24000​
17​
27200​
18​
30600​
19​
34200​
20​
38000​

So... Those are the proper numbers~
Thanks! I fixed it!

Yeah, that makes sense. I underestimated how quickly this thing could get big >.<

Derrax

By the way, how does the level system works? Do you lose all your EXP when you level up or is it a cumulative thing?

Derrax

Which do you think it should be? :blob_happy:
Well, I mean... Less EXP to level up would be nice... but maybe the game would become too easy... but I don't really know how much EXP quests in the future will give...

Argh! I don't know. I guess a cumulative system will be easier to keep track of...

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Well, I mean... Less EXP to level up would be nice... but maybe the game would become too easy... but I don't really know how much EXP quests in the future will give...

Argh! I don't know. I guess a cumulative system will be easier to keep track of...
Well, I guess we can have it cumulative for now and change it later if it seems like it's too easy.

------------

I added a @GM account.

Anyone interested organizing stuff or adding guild quests should let me know and I'll give you the password!

Paril

Wow, didn't think Adventurer's Guild would carry on in Scribble Hub.

But then again, this is a website that hosts writings after all... wouldn't want to be surprised about that.

AliceShiki

On a side note, for everyone that cleared quests and stuff, I suggest tagging someone and asking for them to evaluate your story and what not, because like... You can't really expect our solo GM to handle everything.

Believe me! I tried before, it doesn't work! xD

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
@ohko for leveling up should we do something like a promotion quest where one needs to undertake a quest 1 level higher than there current level once they reach max exp in order to prove their competence?

AliceShiki

On a side note, rather than not wanting to take any quests, I just didn't feel like writing right now, so I just appraised a quest instead~

*pat pat @ohko * Your quests seem fun! Good job designing them~

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
@ohko for leveling up should we do something like a promotion quest where one needs to undertake a quest 1 level higher than there current level once they reach max exp in order to prove their competence?
Sure! Why don’t you see if other players are interested in this kind of thing? If it seems like a popular idea, let’s add it!

What if to level up, you have to find character who is a higher level than you and ask them to make you a level up quest?

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
What if to level up, you have to find character who is a higher level than you and ask them to make you a level up quest?
That's something that would be nice to implement later on
The problem here is that no one can level up then since no one is level 2 yet
So maybe it'd be better to replace the promotion quest with something like an evaluator test once more people have reached higher level?

kilnareth

Is there some official name for the healing herbs or is it fine if I make up a good name for em?

Silver

@GM

Hey so my character doesn't have the ability to read. Can I say he learned while joining the receptionist ranks or should I say he went to some classes and learned the basics? If he went outside what would be the cost?

Edit: Oh and if you want I can just make the one doing the receptionist duties a different character.

Reactions: GM