Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Hmm... fair enough, although I would personally never world-build this way because I find it somewhat implausible.

Realistically you almost never get loose affiliations like these, since only a terrible empire would be so lax to just forget about collecting taxes like that. On the contrary, more often you have neighboring powers fighting to the death over worthless strips of land.

Furthermore, if there's a count who lives there -- automatically it's not a "small village" anymore.

By definition in a feudal system, a count is subservient to their liege, which means that they should be part of a larger structure. The only real options are that the count is sworn to the Holy Human Empire or an alternative human kingdom/state.
It's more of the 'Red Count is there so we the main body wouldn't meddle with him too much, after all, he has the bloodline of the emperor'.

Just like I said, it was more of a vacation village, does that mean no tax? No, but it meant that the military presence is somewhat lack, compared to other strategic locations. "Red Count had it under control".

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It's more of the 'Red Count is there so we the main body wouldn't meddle with him too much, after all, he has the bloodline of the emperor'.

Just like I said, it was more of a vacation village, does that mean no tax? No, but it meant that the military presence is somewhat lack, compared to other strategic locations. "Red Count had it under control".

So something like a House of Habsburg's type arrangement?

For instance, here the Habsburg bloodline actually ruled a number of European states, even though technically the states themselves were independent entities from each other?

Note that the HRE is discontinuous, and the territories don't necessarily have to be adjacent to the main area.

Maybe like the Commonwealth?
|.o)

X
Yes, IMO that works well.

The village (or colony or vassal state) doesn't need to be directly adjacent to the empire to be considered part of it.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
So something like a House of Habsburg's type arrangement?

For instance, here the Habsburg bloodline actually ruled a number of European states, even though technically the states themselves were independent entities from each other?

Note that the HRE is discontinuous, and the territories don't necessarily have to be adjacent to the main area.

Yes, IMO that works well.

The village (or colony or vassal state) doesn't need to be directly adjacent to the empire to be considered part of it.
Sure I guess, my brain can't handle this smartness... :blob_no:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sure I guess, my brain can't handle this smartness... :blob_no:
Um... to sort of explain...

Historically, royalty frequently intermarried a lot. In fact, marriage was often the most common way for a kingdom to expand its borders, and mass military conquest was generally quite rare except for a handful of warmongers seen once in a millenium. However, often times marriage occurred between countries that were quite distant from each other (e.g. King of Sardinia and Queen of Syria), and when the crowns were united it meant that they were controlling two discontinuous territories.

If you had a big family and you played your marriage cards well, you could probably expand your empire solely through shipping. However, the borders could often look uneven.

Another complicated thing that may be difficult to explain is that often times a single individual could carry multiple titles. For instance, the King of Sardinia, Duke of York, Count of Avalon... which basically referred to all the territories that were bestowed to that individual. Sometimes, you could have people who had titles from multiple different states / countries, particularly if there was a marriage of some kind at play.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Um... to sort of explain...

Historically, royalty frequently intermarried a lot. In fact, marriage was often the most common way for a kingdom to expand its borders, and mass military conquest was generally quite rare except for a handful of warmongers seen once in a millenium. However, often times marriage occurred between countries that were quite distant from each other (e.g. King of Sardinia and Queen of Syria), and when the crowns were united it meant that they were controlling two discontinuous territories.

If you had a big family and you played your marriage cards well, you could probably expand your empire solely through shipping. However, the borders could often look uneven.

Another complicated thing that may be difficult to explain is that often times a single individual could carry multiple titles. For instance, the King of Sardinia, Duke of York, Count of Avalon... which basically referred to all the territories that were bestowed to that individual. Sometimes, you could have people who had titles from multiple different states / countries, particularly if there was a marriage of some kind at play.
Queen Victoria, Empress of India.
'-'

X

Nahrenne

how does one link a permalink? Sorry for breaking up the conversation so much >.>.
You see the top right of a post, there are 3 circles joined by 2 lines.
Click on that and there will be link to copy.
Click the copy to clipboard and you can use it.
'-'
Oh, then you highlight the text you want to link to the post, then click on the linked chain symbol on your post and paste the link there.
https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/adventurers-guild-ooc-room.1635/post-46739 <- that's the text link of the post I copied the permalink from.

X

Nahrenne

:blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: "Oh~ Nothing suspicious! It's perfectly legal! I just need to preserve this meat otherwise it will spoil and go to waste!"

"By any chance have you done the Guild Cooking Quest? It would be nice to have a kitchen we can use!"
*wonders if it was the sweet library woman*
|.o)

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
*wonders if it was the sweet library woman*
|.o)

X
It was the evil bishop minion person!

As for Briele, I want him to fall for a guy! And then I can have him question everything :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

Although he's too young! :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy: I may need to timeskip him or age-accelerate him somehow!

Also there aren't enough guys that I find particularly attractive :blob_hmph: There just has't been the right types around!

Nahrenne

It was the evil bishop minion person!

As for Briele, I want him to fall for a guy! And then I can have him question everything :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

Although he's too young! :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy: I may need to timeskip him or age-accelerate him somehow!

Also there aren't enough guys that I find particularly attractive :blob_hmph: There just has't been the right types around!
But I thought that they were all still alive when fighting against Luna.
'-'

Have him meet Orphus!
A never-ending buffet!
\o/

X

Nahrenne

Hmm.... I wonder if I should make some major storylines for Zozo... But then again... I think I am kinda content being a background character in everyone else's world...

AH~ bacon maelstrom.... so many food powers... lol
*watches Jasper use his fire to cook all of the bacon, and then start a party for everyone*
\o/

X

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Unattainable Dream [CLOSED]

Note: This SS is pure trashy fanfiction. It's an Okarin dream but... it's pure trash! :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

+ + +​

Some time in a distant impossible future.

Okarin was sitting on a rock and combing their hair, humming to themselves. Their long silvery hair flowed all the way down to their knees, with a shiny luxurious luster. The length, while difficult for a non-slime to comprehend, had special significance. It symbolized extraordinary peace and unimaginable comfort.

In the real world, Okarin had never been able to grow their hair so long.

For a slime, there was always a danger or threat lurking around the corner. There was always an urgent encounter that forced Okarin to spend some mass or desperately escape from a danger. They were always burning mass, so Okarin's hair reserve was rarely longer than a foot or two. A slime never had enough mass, and more often than not Okarin found themselves short of it.

Hair that long was...

...Unimaginable.

It might as well have been paradise — or heaven.

That was probably an accurate description.

Okarin felt like they were in heaven.

+ + +​

"Heaven" for Okarin was a small little brook on the edge of forest.

A small cottage — a real one — made of proper bricks and a tidy garden.

A vivid symphony of forest animals, birds, and squirrels that chattered away on the trees.

Flowers and grasses and herbs... endless fields and meadows nearby.

Fish in the water, frogs, tadpoles, and the occasional summer dragonfly.

No humans anywhere in sight.

And...

A familiar hand affectionately rubbed Okarin's head from behindd.

"I'm back," the voice said.

The slime person leaned fondly against those warm palms.

"Welcome home," Okarin chimed, as they looked upwards. "Did you have a good mission, Vi?"

"Ugh, those Savras in the bushes... I warned the Director about them but he didn't listen."

There was a frown on the Liberi's face. The ostrich played with Okarin's hair fretfully out of habit.

A look of concern crossed the slime's eyes as they fought to keep their long hair under control..

"It sounds like a tough mission," they said, sympathetically. "Will you be gone for a few weeks then?"

"Of course not. Who do you think you're talking to?" There was a sharp grin on Vicious's face.

"I'll finish them off tomorrow. My colleagues and I are the best operators around. I'll take the portal and I'll be home for dinner."

The Liberi beamed with self-confidence as they ruffled Okarin's hair further.

"V-Vi... my hair..." The slime protested weakly. "I need to braid it still."

Vicious immediately switched to poking and pulling at Okarin's round cheeks.

"What is this cute little thing? Where can I get more of it?"

"Muu, Vi~! I'm not a plush toy!"

The Liberi leaned closer and whispered into Okarin's ears.

"Don't you think your hair is getting a little long? Does that mean you're ready to have another one?"

Okarin's ears turned a shade of pink.

"Should we do it? Tonight, maybe?"

The slime instantly shot up to their feet in embarrassment.

They backed away a few feet and loosely their hair in a bundle front of their shoulder. Their face was visibly blushing.

"Vi... I don't want to lose count of how many little ones—"

"Okaaaaa~rin!"

Okarin was interrupted by a high-pitched child's voice.

"Okaa~rin!"

"Okaarin!"

"Okaariiiiin!"

A chorus of little slime voices cut into the scene.

In fact, a small crowd of little slimes burst out of the cottage and hopped/dashed over to the two adults.

"Viiiii~!! Viiiii~ is home~!!!!"

"Mama~!"

"Viiiii~! Hold me! Mimi wants carry! Fly! Fly high!"

"Zuzu wants carry too!"

"No fair! Zuzu had fly last time!"

Vicious wrapped her arms around Okarin's waist and pulled them into a soft embrace. She whispered something into the slime's ear.

Okarin flushed again and protested, "Not in front of the kids!"

The Liberi laughed nonetheless and bent over to pick up one of the little slimes.

"I'm just kidding~♪"

"Muu, I seriously won't be able to keep track of them all if we have any more!"

"Are you really going to be able to stop yourself though? Last time, we were just holding hands and you just hiccuped..."

"You know that I'm weak to hand-holding!!! That was 100% your fault!"

"They're seriously cute though. Maybe I should just do a singing kabedon and you'll make even more?"

:blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock:

"T-That's cheating! And I don't want to have more than three at a time! I'll die!!! I'll seriously die!!!"

Vicious laughed and leaned in to kiss Okarin on the cheek.

"You're the sweetest, okay? Don't ever change."

The Liberi pulled Okarin into a slow embrace.

The slime person blushed and hugged her back.

"Mm. I love you, Vi. You're the most amazing ostrich in the whole world."

"Mhm. Love you too."
I sensed repressed passion inside of this... :blob_hide:

@Bochi Look what you have done!