Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

GM

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
0
Points
77
Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

Introduction
This is the event thread for the Slime Horde raid. It's somewhat experimental in nature, so if it works, that's great! :blob_party:

Anyways, starting the beginning of this thread, liquid time is frozen. Regardless of how long the raid takes IRL, the in-character date in this thread will always stay around April 1st (ish) until the event is resolved. This means that you can have your character participate regardless of wherever they might currently be doing quests (e.g. Gelderholm, Spire Reef) and assume that they were around Scribel City for a couple days in the spring.

Although @GM is making this thread, I'm technically not really "running" the raid. We are counting on players to step in and help "GM" the raid for each other!

Scenario

Thousands of slimes are swarming in the fields just outside of Scribel City! They're attacking anything that moves!

What do we do?!

Rules
  • This is a Freestyle-type thread. Feel free to write in any style that you want!
  • Feel free to make up developments, however:
    • Keep it simple. Don't add Nyarlathoteps flying out of UFOs!
    • Every problem that you add must have an obvious solution.
    • Do not add excessively strong enemies. Unranked adventurers need to be able survive this raid.
    • Don't break the Quest Board. When the raid is over, the old Quest Board needs to stay functional. While you can blow up parts of the city, you shouldn't burn down the entire forest because then the Guild Quests there won't work.
  • Bold any important information in your posts.
  • Players can make Event Objectives -- post them in this thread and tag @GM to get them pinned to the second post
  • Tag @GM when your character has completed an Event Objective in the thread.

Objectives
  • Prerequisites:
    • At least 3 players must participate in this event.
    • At least 6 Event Objectives must be cleared.
  • Resolve the Slime Horde attacking Scribel City.
  • Minimize casualties and damage caused the city as much as possible.

Participation Rewards
  • Unranked Characters: Gain 2 levels + 100 G
  • E-rank Characters: Gain 1 level + 100 G
  • D-rank Characters: Gain 50% EXP to the next level + 100 G
 

GM

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
0
Points
77
Event Objectives

1. Evacuate the Villages [ CLEAR 4 / 4 ]
Description
: Slimes in the fields?! There are still villagers stuck out there! We need to get them to safety!
Objectives: Go to a nearby village and help their people reach safety.
Links: [1] [2] [3] [4]

2. Defend the Walls [ Ongoing 2 / ∞ ]
Description
: If the walls come tumbling down, it's game over! Get on those walls and stop those slimes from swarming in!
Objectives: Protect the walls from the slime horde.
Links: [1] [2]

3. We need a Plan! [ CLEAR 3 / ∞ ]
Description
: How the heck do we get rid of so many slimes? Any ideas?
Objectives: Come up with a plan to resolve the slime horde.
Updates:
4. Defeat the Slime Leader [ CLEAR 7 / 3 ]
Prerequisites: The first two attempts must fail.
Description: The slime horde has a strange small blue slime as its leader. If we kill it, it should disperse the slimes?
Objectives: Defeat the slime leader
Links: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]


5. Exterminate the Rock Slimes [ Ongoing 6 / 4 ]
Description
: Powerful rock slimes have emerged from the sewers. Eliminate them before they can wreck the city!
Objectives: Defeat the rock slimes
Links: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

6. Barricade the Sewers! [ Ongoing 4 / 4 ]
Links
: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Objectives:
  • Send someone in to check if there is anybody still alive in there, if there are people present please help them towards the nearest refuge
  • Gather Materials to be used for the barricade
  • Gather the man power required to build the barricade
  • Build the barricade
7. Defeat the Purple Mouth [ CLEAR 1 / 1 ]
Description: That giant glutton is still somewhere around the city. Find and kill it before someone become a victim to that monster
Objectives: Locate and Defeat Purple Mouth
Link: [1]


8. Rescue the Stranded Soldiers [ CLEAR 3 / 2 ]
Description: Soldiers are stranded in the fields outside of city, surrounded by the slime horde.
Objectives: Rescue the stranded soldiers
Link: [1] [2] [3]


9. Escort the Medical Supplies [ Ongoing 3 / 2 ]
Description
: We need to get medical supplies to the front line ASAP!
Objectives: Escort the Medical Supplies
Link: [1] [2] [3]

10. Resolve the Slime Horde attacking Scribel City. [ 1 / 5 ]
Objectives
: Finish up the remaining slimes still attacking the city.
Link: [1]
 
Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
316
Points
93
Location: Scribel Guild Office Library

Briele was taking a nap in the library when bells started tolling across the city. They were so loud!

He rubbed his eyes. What was going on? Maybe he should go find the temporary GM (@Silver) and ask about it?

------
^ Example post. Remember to bold important information.

Some other FAQs:
If we want to add an event objective, do we need to do it through our character, or can we do it through an NPC?
You can do either -- although it would be best to have your character encounter an NPC who tells them about an objective.

Example: "Briele bumped into a frantic-looking guardsmen who said the soap in the storeroom was missing! We need to find the soap! Where did all those crates of soap go?"
 
Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
1,065
Points
113
Quick OOC Post to help everyone!

Some info we got from past reports on the slimes! I won't be linking anything because I'm too lazy, so just take my word for it, okay?
  • The Horde comes from the Southeast! So if you wanna attack them, go there! And if you wanna rescue people, take them away from there!
  • The horde has a leader, a small blue slime that seems to be able to control the others.
  • The horde has a champion of sorts, a large worm-shaped purple slime that seems to eat slimes that are decomposing the bodies of people. (Named Purple Mouth) I assume it must be quite big by now!
  • The horde is biiiiiiiiiig! Like, lots of slimes!
  • Slimes melt stuff, usually slow, but when tons of slimes from the horde jump unto something, their dissolving speed seems to multiply and get a super fast dissolving speed! >.<
  • There are a LOT of slime varieties, like... A LOT! You should totally check the Google Sites for a few of them. There were also River Slimes that could use water pumps that are strong enough to break trees, and rock slimes that can harden and collide with things with enough strength to break bones!
  • We have 500 Lizardmen warriors on our side helping defeat the horde! And they're really good at killing slimes!
  • Piercing slimes kills them more easily them smashing them!
  • Magic works... Weirdly with slimes, it varies a lot depending on the type of slime we face!
  • We have traps prepared for the slimes and the walls were reinforced to ensure they wouldn't be easily able to go through their gaps to get inside the city! I think the traps involved soap or something, because it would directly conflict with the slime's acidic nature... Tbh I forgot, so maybe just be creative if you wanna show a trap killing slimes! xD
  • According to a Freestyle post from @Silver, at some point during the raid (His Freestyle post was time skipped to the future! What a cheat! *gasps*), the slimes will start controlling the slimes from within the city, making the mobs come out from the sewer and attack us and stuff.
  • According to this same Freestyle post, this includes @Silver's giant pet slime... Poor sod... :blob_pat_sad:
  • If anyone tells you that @Silver bribed me to advertise his plot points in this thread, they're lying and you should stab @Ophious to teach them a lesson! :blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint:
  • Try to have fun and let everyone play! Don't go using your great planning capabilities to have a mountain-sized soap bar fall on the slimes and exterminate the raid in one post... I mean, it would ruin the fun if you did that! >.<
*rolls to IC mode now*
 
Last edited:

Leegood

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
3
Points
78
I was talking with a potion maker when I heard the bells ring throughout the city "What's going on?"
The Potion maker spoke "It's an attack, prepare yourself Miss Leti." With that the workshop bursted into a frenzy as everyone prepared to defend themselves, preparations had already started upon the first sighting after all.

I left the potion place and wondered around as everyone was preparing themselves, and squads of guards were directing people who can't defend themselves to stay indoors. I felt quite useless since I was not sure how I'd defend myself? "Quickly! someone needs to tell the villagers to evacuate!" A man yelled out.

I had a goal so I ran around looking for volunteers and led the small band to a nearby village "We need to evacuate! An attack is coming!" The village sent people to confirm and when they came back those scouts were pale faced "Everyone leave!" The village started evacuating as they heard of the danger that was approaching.

"You over there! Can you bring back someone to help defend in case the evacuation is slower than expected?" I pointed at A healthy farmer who nodded and ran back to Scribble city to grab more people to help in the evacuation.
 
Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
1,065
Points
113
As I heard the bells ring loudly, I left my inn room and decided to look at what this was all about... Those weren't the temple bells, it wasn't time for the noon prayer yet.

Outside, I could see that the inn owner, an old lady, was panicking, while extremely flustered people were leaving their rooms, it was... A nostalgic sight, one that I hoped I'd never see again.

I approached the owner and asked, "What's happening?"

She told me, "Those bells mean the city is under attack! You should hurry to the temple to seek shelter! Before the gates are breached!"

I could see the desperation in her face as she said that.. And yet... I couldn't help asking, "Why are you still here then?"

Her eyes got teary, and she answered me, "It's my grandson... He is bedridden and too sick to move there on his own... I will stay."

I looked into her eyes and said clearly, without leaving room for discussion, "You won't. I'll carry him if needed, but you should be where the gods can protect you. Lead me to his room."

She opened her eyes wide in disbelief, but didn't question my words and led me there. Her child should be around 10 years old or so... It will be hard to carry him a long distance, but I prayed that The Goddess would give me the strength to do so, and put him in a piggyback ride, and then started moving together with the inn lady, towards the city's main temple.

Outside the inn, I could see pure chaos, with people running away as quickly as they could... Hopefully they get to the temple before the gates are breached, should it happen. I took a deep breath, and started walking towards the temple.
----------------------------
Nene; Within the city's districts.
 
Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
259
Points
93
Looking at the direction of the slime horde, Solet caressed his Underworld Lantern softly. His face revealed no expression, but through a careful inspection, one would see a hint of longing.

“More souls for us... Lurnea, wait for me.” In the lonely street, Solet slowly walked towards the horde, and in his absent-mindedness, he saw nothing but the faint, beautiful figure hovering at the corner of his vision.
 

FlutterOfCrows

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
31
Points
83
"What the croc!?", Dust states as he glances outside his house window. Looking to where he thinks the bells are tolling, though..still unsure how far away the bells are. Getting up from his messy bed, he starts to lock up his house as he gathers my equipment, pondering if he should have gotten a better look at the city before this started... whatever this is. Wonder if I should hide in the sewers or prepare my rocks...Hmmm. "Well, whatever happens, something entertaining will be going down at least." As Dust finishes locking up his house.
--------------------------------
Dust; In the poorer districts.
 

Bochi

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
0
Points
77
People of all ages screaming and running, carrying various items as they rushed down the streets, heading somewhere deeper into the city. The crying of household pets as they made themselves scarce. The exodus of fleeing people could hardly be described as orderly.

From the roof she perched on, Ellania raised an eyebrow, looking at the chaos below her.

"Ara, what a big mess~ All that fear, all that panic---mou! If only I could feed off those emotions~ Just kidding~"

She continued to watch as people pushed one another to get to the evacuation zones the fastest, and grinned, taking in a deep breath of fresh discord in the morning. Now if only she had a cup of tea to go with it...

"Hmm?"

Out of the corners of her eye she spotted someone who was calmly walking through it all, and understood when she spotted what the girl (@AliceShiki) was carrying.

"Oh, my."

Taking a rough estimate she jumped, crossing the street and landing on a tarp on the other side. A small hop off the tarp brought her next to what she guessed was a little priestess.

"You look like you could use some help~"

| Ellania: Within the City's Districts |
 

Epsil

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
20
Points
78
I, Adsall, was out shopping in the market districts

"How much for the- Hey!"

A panicked man bumped into me. His face was full of fear.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He quickly got up and grabbed my shoulders.

"The gates... The slimes, It's the end THE ENDDDDDDD!"

He then quickly ran off yelling "The end is coming!"
 

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
1,065
Points
113
People of all ages screaming and running, carrying various items as they rushed down the streets, heading somewhere deeper into the city. The crying of household pets as they made themselves scarce. The exodus of fleeing people could hardly be described as orderly.

From the roof she perched on, Ellania raised an eyebrow, looking at the chaos below her.

"Ara, what a big mess~ All that fear, all that panic---mou! If only I could feed off those emotions~ Just kidding~"

She continued to watch as people pushed one another to get to the evacuation zones the fastest, and grinned, taking in a deep breath of fresh discord in the morning. Now if only she had a cup of tea to go with it...

"Hmm?"

Out of the corners of her eye she spotted someone who was calmly walking through it all, and understood when she spotted what the girl (@AliceShiki) was carrying.

"Oh, my."

Taking a rough estimate she jumped, crossing the street and landing on a tarp on the other side. A small hop off the tarp brought her next to what she guessed was a little priestess.

"You look like you could use some help~"

| Ellania: Within the City's Districts |
*turns to the person that suddenly jumped into view*
*looks at the old lady for a second to see her shivering in fear*
*turns back to the acrobat and answers while arms seem to be trembling from the boy's weight*

"You're a new adventurer I assume? If yes, then you came at a bad time I'm afraid, as those bells signal the city is under attack.

"We're currently taking this boy to the temple to seek shelter... If you're capable of, it would be much appreciated if you could help evacuate civilians or defend the city. All help is needed in those times of crisis."
----------------------------------
Nene, in the city districts.

OOC: I changed the boy from son to grandson of the old inn lady... Because a 10 year old boy being the son of an old lady felt weird~ *whistles*
 

InsertName

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
0
Points
47
As I hear the bell's ringing, I tell Gobo to quickly gather our supplies and put them on the cart. I on the other hand started to manipulate our house too seal the roof and door, hopefully slime's don't like to eat wood.

Gobo finishes gathering most of our small and important things and I tell him to rush in town towards Pierre tavern first. I would finish up sealing the house and rush towards town after with Spring. Gobo quickly leaves with our possessions to Pierre's, while Spring and I secure Lily.

"Ok this should be good" I sighed

I get on Spring and we rush towards Scribel. I take one last look at Lily and gave a little blessing that hopefully, it wouldn't be destroyed in the wake of the slime horde.

We enter through the North City Gate and I see guards ordering townspeople to stay in their houses or go to the temple as shelter. I wade through the crowds of guards and scared townspeople with Spring and eventually arrive at Pierre's Tavern. I meet up with Gobo and ask Pierre about the situation at-hand. Pierre explains to me that the Adventurer's Guild has announced emergency quests and that all adventurer's in the area should help.

I ask Pierre if our old room is still open. Pierre nods and tells us it's always open for us. We thank Pierre and drop off our supplies into the room. After that we then quickly rush towards the Guild to see what the town needed help with.
---------------------------------------
| BigGreen: Camp Lily and Scribel Tavern |
 

Leegood

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
3
Points
78
I was talking with a potion maker when I heard the bells ring throughout the city "What's going on?"
The Potion maker spoke "It's an attack, prepare yourself Miss Leti." With that the workshop bursted into a frenzy as everyone prepared to defend themselves, preparations had already started upon the first sighting after all.

I left the potion place and wondered around as everyone was preparing themselves, and squads of guards were directing people who can't defend themselves to stay indoors. I felt quite useless since I was not sure how I'd defend myself? "Quickly! someone needs to tell the villagers to evacuate!" A man yelled out.

I had a goal so I ran around looking for volunteers and led the small band to a nearby village "We need to evacuate! An attack is coming!" The village sent people to confirm and when they came back those scouts were pale faced "Everyone leave!" The village started evacuating as they heard of the danger that was approaching.

"You over there! Can you bring back someone to help defend in case the evacuation is slower than expected?" I pointed at A healthy farmer who nodded and ran back to Scribble city to grab more people to help in the evacuation.
"Everyone has gathered" I was directing the villagers evacuate the village, It was going surprisingly smoothly when slimes were spotted in the distance "Everyone we need to go now!" The Villagers formed into a caravan and started moving to a safe locations one of the villager elders owned just in case something like this happened.

"Miss get back to Scribble, We can get to safety."
With that I waved the caravan off as the rushed away, a bit away from Scribble city. They must be confident in where they are going if they won't choose Scribble city.

I and some others rushed back to the city to help out.
 

FenrIIrz

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
0
Points
47
In the north forest. Sil is chilling between tree fork and enjoying his meal. Then, he hears the sound of a bell coming from Scribel.

"Ah. The slime horde is here?"

He grabs his stuff and walks toward the town while finishing his bread.
 

Bochi

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
0
Points
77
*turns to the person that suddenly jumped into view*
*looks at the old lady for a second to see her shivering in fear*
*turns back to the acrobat and answers while arms seem to be trembling from the boy's weight*

"You're a new adventurer I assume? If yes, then you came at a bad time I'm afraid, as those bells signal the city is under attack.

"We're currently taking this boy to the temple to seek shelter... If you're capable of, it would be much appreciated if you could help evacuate civilians or defend the city. All help is needed in those times of crisis."
----------------------------------
Nene, in the city districts.

OOC: I changed the boy from son to grandson of the old inn lady... Because a 10 year old boy being the son of an old lady felt weird~ *whistles*
"Ah, so that's where everyone's running to. Fumu. Let me give you a hand with that before you drop him like a sack of fertilizer. Would be a real pity after making it that far."

Moving slowly behind Nene, Ellania held out her hands, one hand supporting the boy's weight, the other ready to reposition him.

"Here, pass him to me. I have some business at the temple, anyways. Unless you wish for me to lead the way instead?"

She winked.

| Ellania, City Districts |
 

FlutterOfCrows

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
31
Points
83
Once done locking up his house, and suppressing his presence to traces of a whisper to avoid attention.

Dust begins his long trek to make his way around patrols, and the occasional cleric/priest, Eventually succeeding in making it to the main street of the city.

As I just start to taking in everything I see, the jumping people, the soldiers rushing to the walls, the villagers heading to the silly temples, as much as he can see.

As he gets to the conclusion that, the city in chaos as I begin to piece together snippets from those around me, about a herd of slimes rushing to the city as I listen.

Once I've gathered enough reasonable knowledge, I..dont know.

I need to find the other Adventurers before..I try something..It will be uncomfortable, but I will have to be someone's helper..i have no idea how to further aid and I don't have any of the knowledge required to set my runes. I need to find the others.

"Just focus on finding the others", Dust continuously mumbles to himself, as he starts to search for the more experienced Adventurers as he stays quietly out of sight, as begins his search for both comrades and someone to lead the charge.
 
Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Joined
Dec 23, 2018
Messages
1,065
Points
113
"Ah, so that's where everyone's running to. Fumu. Let me give you a hand with that before you drop him like a sack of fertilizer. Would be a real pity after making it that far."

Moving slowly behind Nene, Ellania held out her hands, one hand supporting the boy's weight, the other ready to reposition him.

"Here, pass him to me. I have some business at the temple, anyways. Unless you wish for me to lead the way instead?"

She winked.

| Ellania, City Districts |
*looks to the old lady*
*sees she is still scared*
*looks deeply into her eyes*

"It is okay. This person is trustworthy, I'm sure of it, The Goddess is telling me so... Trust me, your grandson will be in good hands."

*the shivering old lady hesitates for a second, then nods*
*Nene passes the boy to the acrobat*

"He'll be in your care, the main temple is in that direction," *points towards it* "the priests are probably overworked, so it might be hard to get a hold of them, but please tell them that he is the grandson of miss Layla, and that she will soon be coming for him.

"If you could assure his safety first and foremost, it would be much appreciated. And may The Goddess protect you."
--------------------
Nene, in the city's districts.
 

FenrIIrz

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
0
Points
47
|City districts|
When Sil is heading towards the gate. He sees a child crying in front of the building on the right. I crouch down next to the boy.

"Hey, kid. What are you doing here? Everyone already being evacuated."

*sob* "I don't know where the church is. My parents are working on the other side of the town. I don't know where to go." *sob*

"It's alright. Stand up, kid. We're going to the temple."

"I'm not a kid. I'm Eden." He pouts.

Sil stands up and take him to the temple.
 
Top