Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

Bochi

*looks to the old lady*
*sees she is still scared*
*looks deeply into her eyes*

"It is okay. This person is trustworthy, I'm sure of it, The Goddess is telling me so... Trust me, your grandson will be in good hands."

*the shivering old lady hesitates for a second, then nods*
*Nene passes the boy to the acrobat*

"He'll be in your care, the main temple is in that direction," *points towards it* "the priests are probably overworked, so it might be hard to get a hold of them, but please tell them that he is the grandson of miss Layla, and that she will soon be coming for him.

"If you could assure his safety first and foremost, it would be much appreciated. And may The Goddess protect you."
--------------------
Nene, in the city's districts.
"No deity will protect those such as I. But I shall allow it, interesting as it is."

Shifting her hands to get a better grip on the boy, Ellania chuckled briefly as she observed the ongoing rush, and proceeded to hop up to the roof of the building right next to her. She glanced down at the two below.

"Take refuge in a house if the gates go down before you reach the temple. Better to be indoors than out in this kind of situation. Bye bye~"

Then she vaulted off the roof onto another one, then another followed by yet another...heading in a completely different direction compared to the one she'd been given.

| Ellania, Rooftops |

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"No deity will protect those such as I. But I shall allow it, interesting as it is."

Shifting her hands to get a better grip on the boy, Ellania chuckled briefly as she observed the ongoing rush, and proceeded to hop up to the roof of the building right next to her. She glanced down at the two below.

"Take refuge in a house if the gates go down before you reach the temple. Better to be indoors than out in this kind of situation. Bye bye~"

Then she vaulted off the roof onto another one, then another followed by yet another...heading in a completely different direction compared to the one she'd been given.

| Ellania, Rooftops |
I saw the woman heading away from the temple with each jump through the rooftops, and could hear miss Layla start getting hiccups.

I held her shoulders tightly and spoke as clearly as I could, "I'll go after that woman, you head to the temple. I will not lose your grandson, I promise you. Trust The Goddess, for her guidance is not misplaced."

Without giving her time to reply, I started running after the kidnapper... I prayed that The Goddess would not let us lose miss Layla's grandson, and that she'd protect him even when faced with those that wish him harm.
--------------------------------
Nene, in the city's districts, running after a child kidnapper.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
“Guards, prepare to fire!” One of the City Guard Captains shouted on top of his lung. The formation of guards completed itself with a small time frame, revealing the disciplinary of the guards.

“Three... two... one— Fire!” Rains of arrows fell from the sky and into the sea of pure green. The slimes seemingly merged with each other, forming a ‘Slime tide’ that consumed all things in their way.

Looking at the scene, Solet watched as the miniature rain of arrows, akin to a splash of water, shot toward the tide of raging Slime. In no time, the arrows disappeared into the green ocean, creating merely a slightest ripple.

Sitting atop the wall, Solet shook his Underworld Lantern lightly before tossing a Decaying Potion into the green ocean.

The potion gradually killed the slimes and melted some of them that came closed to its surrounding. Although its concentration was insignificant, it could kill quite a few Slimes.

The Underworld Lantern shone faintly in pale light, making only a flickering radiate.

Bochi

I saw the woman heading away from the temple with each jump through the rooftops, and could hear miss Layla start getting hiccups.

I held her shoulders tightly and spoke as clearly as I could, "I'll go after that woman, you head to the temple. I will not lose your grandson, I promise you. Trust The Goddess, for her guidance is not misplaced."

Without giving her time to reply, I started running after the kidnapper... I prayed that The Goddess would not let us lose miss Layla's grandson, and that she'd protect him even when faced with those that wish him harm.
--------------------------------
Nene, in the city's districts, running after a child kidnapper.
Ellania touched down on the other end of the city, after several shortcuts across the roofs. Although one could argue that she's gotten more lost instead...

"Okay, now, where am I?"

"Hey, you with the boy! It's not safe here! Evacuate further into the city!"

Hmm?

She regarded the speaker, high up on the walls. A guard of the city, she idly mused. Although at that distance, most people wouldn't have been able to hear anything that was being said, so she pointed at her ears and shrugged. But the guard had already turned back to watching the outside.

"Maaa, what a pain in the rear end. Why does this place have to be so confusing to navigate? Can't be helped, let's try again~"

Hoisting the boy over one shoulder, Ellania started working her way around once more, this time taking the road instead.

|Ellania, Somewhere Northwest in the City |

InsertName

We arrive at the Adventurer's Guild and it's chaotic to say the least. People are running from place to place, sending and receiving new info. I also see on the Quest board the Emergency Quests. One was to figure out a way to deal with the slime horde, another too help secure and guard the walls against the oncoming slimes, and the last one was to help evacuate the villagers outside the walls of Scribel.

I then walked towards the nearest receptionist and handed over 5 each of my Minor Poison Potions and Weaker Healing Potions. Not a lot but hopefully they would be put to good use to some adventurer's. As I was about to head out and help with the Slime Horde, a person came and handed me a Flare. The person told me to spread the news that adventurer's should come by and grab a flare in case of emergencies. I thank him and told him I would. Gobo and I hop on Spring and ride outside town towards the nearest village, to see if they needed help. While on our way out I try to mention to all the Adventurer's I see to go grab a Flare from the Guild.

| BigGreen: Adventurer's Guild Hall |

OOC: Feel free to take a potion to your character's needs

FlutterOfCrows

As Dust continues his search, he comes to a conclusion somewhat quickly, to get somewhere higher. As it would be easier to pick out comrades from a higher vantage point, than him clogging up the street with his movements. Didn't help the tide of people also were blocking his view, thinking to himself as he climbs up a set-aside latter to the roof.

Once finished getting to the top, he then dusts himself off thoroughly, before straightening, as he observes his surroundings once more. With a much better eye on his surroundings.

He finally notices someone appearing to be an adventurer a fair distance away, some kind of fox beastkin girl in a religious outfit, moving somewhere fast. Descending quickly, he starts to rush after the girl, doing his best to keep up, as he takes shortcuts along the alleyways to close the distance.

Though with little grace, as on several occasions hitting objects as he rushes beside her now, as he covers himself properly with his cloak to avoid identification... "What's going on!?" Asking in a hysterical tone of panic.

"Got any idea where the rest of adventurers are, Miss Priest??"

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Ellania touched down on the other end of the city, after several shortcuts across the roofs. Although one could argue that she's gotten more lost instead...

"Okay, now, where am I?"

"Hey, you with the boy! It's not safe here! Evacuate further into the city!"

Hmm?

She regarded the speaker, high up on the walls. A guard of the city, she idly mused. Although at that distance, most people wouldn't have been able to hear anything that was being said, so she pointed at her ears and shrugged. But the guard had already turned back to watching the outside.

"Maaa, what a pain in the rear end. Why does this place have to be so confusing to navigate? Can't be helped, let's try again~"

Hoisting the boy over one shoulder, Ellania started working her way around once more, this time taking the road instead.

|Ellania, Somewhere Northwest in the City |
After running for quite a while, I was completely out of breath my whole body was aching... And yet, I had completely lost the kidnapper already, she moved far too quickly.

Once I no longer had any energy to run, I had to start walking while taking deep breaths, and looked around to see if I could find any trace of that woman...

And just as I searched, I heard somebody call out to me.
As Dust continues his search, he comes to a conclusion somewhat quickly, to get somewhere higher. As it would be easier to pick out comrades from a higher vantage point, than him clogging up the street with his movements.

As he finishes getting on top of a roof, dusting himself and his hands off, he straightens himself, just as he returns to observations.

He finally notices someone appearing to be an adventurer, a kitsune girl in a religious outfit, moving somewhere.

sliding down to her, albeit with no grace or skill while doing so, injuring himself, as he follows along. "What's going on!?"

"Got any idea where the rest of adventurer's are, Miss Priest??"
*takes some more deep breaths*

"You an adventurer? I need help, a woman with light blue hair kidnapped a young boy, around 10 years old. She fled through the rooftops and was going in this direction," *points towards the general direction* "I lost track of her and I would greatly appreciate if you could help save him...

"And I'm afraid I don't know where any other adventurers are... Perhaps near the gates, fending off whatever is attacking us."
---------------------
Nene, city districts, somewhat close to a gate.

FlutterOfCrows

"I'll try, just please don't expect some quick miracle from me." Dust comment shakily, as he starts to apply his runes to himself, covering himself in a dark blue light momentarily. as turn to the general direction given by another adventurer, but before running far, he turns around a minute or two later.

"Need any quick healing or will you be alright on your own??" Dust asks with a concerned, albeit distant tone. as he steps side to side as he waits for an answer from the out of breath foxkin girl before he begins his search for the...blue eyed.. a blue-haired woman with a boy I think?
------------------------------------------------------------
Dust, on one of the main roads to the city gate.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Looking around, Domenas felt like the world was cheating him, and he was a fool to fall for its crude, non-satisfying way. After numerous testing, he was sure that the Warp Gate would never mulfunction, and he would safely arrive at the destinated location. However, looking at the ancient village, Domenas failed to locate any familiar faces or structures.

"Tri-Seven, Open the navigation system and tell me where I am." Speaking like a madman, Domenas waited for a moment before looking at his technologically advanced watch. It revealed no signal and became non-responsive all of a sudden.

"... Hey, you there, tell me where I am, and this one hundred Credits will be yours." Feeling strange, Domenas pulled a fleeing stranger to him and asked him softly. His manner and disposition was that of an authority figure. The stranger felt pressured and answered everything in fear and panic.

"It's the end! It's coming and we're all going to die!" The stranger frantically shouted but became afraid after seeing the emotionless face of Domenas. He abruptly stopped his struggle and lowered his head in fear.

"... The end is coming? What a sad point of view... I see no obital bombardment, and the sky is not covered by space fleets. At most, this is merely a child play. Tri-Seven, contact Golden Corp and bring me back." Making some adjustment to his smart watch, Domenas still couldn't connect to his interstellar network, causing him to feel that something was wrong.

Everything was fine until Domenas found himself looking at a figure waving his hand and chanted his strange language. After witnessing the man created a ball of fire without any weapons or tools, Domenas finally recalled a strange rumour about the discovery of an alternate dimension.

"... Are you kidding me?" Pushing his watch to offline mode, Domenas finally collected his calm and walked towards the building rebelled, Adventurer Guild, per the advice of the man he casually pressured to answer his question. Of course, he gave nothing to the man, in contrast to his first promise.

Bochi

After a few more misplaced rounds around the city...

"Where the F*CK is the temple?! You'd think they made it more obvious or something!"

The truth was she'd already passed the temple in question several times---even vaulted off it's roof once to continue on her way, but Ellania didn't quite register it. In her books, something important enough to be called a main temple ought to have been built entirely out of gold bricks and precious stones.

"You! Which way do I take to get to the temple? Answer me!"

The trembling passerby she grabbed by the neck pointed in one direction, and told her in faltering speech to follow the road all the way through, and the temple's entrance would be on the other side.

"Hmph, say that sooner! Now scram into a safe place unless you want to die!"

Picking up her speed, Ellania ran, shoving aside others in her way. The boy remained leaning on her shoulder as the Qliphat took the advice and followed the road all the way through.

…...

"This isn't the F*CKING temple! That lying bastard!"

Standing a few metres away from another gate, Ellania roared angrily. The roads were getting clearer now and many people had started to filter into the shelters, and the roads started to get quieter than before.

| Ellania, Main Road Next to A Gate |

FenrIIrz

After a few more misplaced rounds around the city...

"Where the F*CK is the temple?! You'd think they made it more obvious or something!"

The truth was she'd already passed the temple in question several times---even vaulted off it's roof once to continue on her way, but Ellania didn't quite register it. In her books, something important enough to be called a main temple ought to have been built entirely out of gold bricks and precious stones.

"You! Which way do I take to get to the temple? Answer me!"

The trembling passerby she grabbed by the neck pointed in one direction, and told her in faltering speech to follow the road all the way through, and the temple's entrance would be on the other side.

"Hmph, say that sooner! Now scram into a safe place unless you want to die!"

Picking up her speed, Ellania ran, shoving aside others in her way. The boy remained leaning on her shoulder as the Qliphat took the advice and followed the road all the way through.

…...

"This isn't the F*CKING temple! That lying bastard!"

Standing a few metres away from another gate, Ellania roared angrily. The roads were getting clearer now and many people had started to filter into the shelters, and the roads started to get quieter than before.

Sil and Eden are walking down the street with no people towards the temple. They are moving at a slow pace like walking in the park. Both see a woman with silver hair approaching them, it seems that she's carrying something.

"Is that a child on her shoulder!? Oi! Where are you going. The temple is in another way." Sil shouted.

AliceShiki

"I'll try, just please don't expect some quick miracle from me." Dust comment shakily, as he starts to apply his runes to himself, covering himself in a dark blue light momentarily. as turn to the general direction given by another adventurer, but before running far, he turns around a minute or two later.

"Need any quick healing or will you be alright on your own??" Dust asks with a concerned, albeit distant tone. as he steps side to side as he waits for an answer from the out of breath foxkin girl before he begins his search for the...blue eyed.. a blue-haired woman with a boy I think?
------------------------------------------------------------
Dust, on one of the main roads to the city gate.
"I'll be fine, thank you, mister. May The Goddess guide your steps... And if you pray enough, I'm sure a miracle might happen." *smiles*

FlutterOfCrows

Dust appears to be about ready to respond with a "No Prob-" before stopping mid-start once he hears the goddess comment, and a bone snapping once the word pray comes up, as quietly as dust can, he then rushes off once more, away from the clergy girl, to find this kidnapper.
Dust starts to head along the main road, doing quick searches while avoiding a direct line of view, as tries to memorize the clergy girl's face and silhouette for identity sake later.

Bochi

Sil and Eden are walking down the street with no people towards the temple. They are moving at a slow pace like walking in the park. Both see a woman with silver hair approaching them, it seems that she's carrying something.

"Is that a child on her shoulder!? Oi! Where are you going. The temple is in another way." Sil shouted.
"No shit, Sherlock. If this was a temple, I'd be concerned about how a castle here might have looked like."

Snorting, Ellania handed the boy on her shoulder over to Sil.

"Here, you take this and get him to the temple, wherever that is, since you obviously know the right way to get there. Trying to find a blasted place of worship in this infernal city is tougher than an overcooked steak."

FenrIIrz

"No shit, Sherlock. If this was a temple, I'd be concerned about how a castle here might have looked like."

Snorting, Ellania handed the boy on her shoulder over to Sil.

"Here, you take this and get him to the temple, wherever that is, since you obviously know the right way to get there. Trying to find a blasted place of worship in this infernal city is tougher than an overcooked steak."

Sil looks down the street and sees the temple standing tall few blocks away.

*facepalms* "There's no castle in this town. The guards need reinforcement in the north. And I mean NORTH. Not up in the sky." Sil pointed towards the direction of the north gate located.

Even though he just told her where the gate is, she runs in the different direction.

Sil takes a deep breath and mumbles "Shit."

"Language!" Said Eden

FlutterOfCrows

*facepalms* "There's no castle in this town. The guards need reinforcement in the north. And I mean NORTH. Not up in the sky." Sil pointed towards the direction of the north gate located.

Even though he just told her where the gate is, she runs in the different direction.

"Language!" Said Eden

On the way down the road, Dust passes by some shadow, who he notices is someone who matches the report..without the child though... and seems to make plenty of bad choices concerning directions...which..just makes Dust think it isn't them..with how indiscriminate their ability to navigate is o-0.

Surely someone with the intent to kidnap a child would be more purposeful in their navigation than that...mess of a launch.

Dust continues on, moving into plain view of the main street, as he notices the person with a child heading towards a temple building, and making a mad dash towards them. Though unsurprising his presence slightly, to that of a dyed human presence. as he does a sudden stop in front of the weird dude. "You!" - says Dusk with a soft, squeaky voice. "Um...Hmmm" as he ponders if he actually has the right person...As he looks

Last edited:

Bochi

"Language!" Said Eden
"North, north, north...which way is north again? On the map..."

Ellania struggles to remember the compass figure drawn onto most maps, and suddenly has a flash of inspiration as she grins.

"Of course! On the map, North points upwards! Which means---"

Taking a deep breath and running at a wall. Leaping and running up the very same wall. Vaulting up the roof, squatting to build up power in her legs. A pair of inky-black wings on her back.

"Hah!"

Flapping her wings to stay afloat, the flying Qliphat triumphantly made a victory pose for no one but herself to see.

"Alright, now where's this floating gate that needs reinforcing at?"

|Ellania, Floating Above Scribel |

AliceShiki

As I wondered what to do now that I completely lost track of the kidnapper, but The Goddess blessed me with a helper, I heard a cry... It was faint, but it was definitely nearby.

I followed its general direction until I found a house that it was definitely coming from... I knocked on the door a few times and waited.

The crying sounds stopped after a small while, and I heard a faint childish voice say, "Who... Who is it?"

A child was left alone at home? Perhaps their parents are working... Troubling. "I'm Nene, a priestess, I came from the temple and heard your cries, is there a problem?"

The child spoke a bit more loudly, "The-the bell sounded! The city is under attack, isn't it? We should go to the temple... But... But the door is locked! I couldn't leave!" Poor thing... They must be scared...

Now let's see... How to get inside... I moved around the house and saw a window. I tried opening it, but it was locked too... Though those are usually locked from inside, aren't they?

I knocked on the window and asked "Can you unlock this?"

I heard footsteps sounds coming closer, until the window was opened and I saw a very small girl, she must be 5 at most... "I can't climb the window..." She said tearfully.

I smiled gently at her and said, "It's okay, here we go." I stretched my arms inside the window and grabbed her from her armpits and lifted her up, and then put her on the ground outside the house before closing the window... I couldn't lock it though, so I left a talisman there and prayed that The Goddess would protect the house for anyone with evil intentions.

Then, I looked at the girl and said, "Wanna walk with me to the temple?" She nodded eagerly, so I held her hand and started moving towards it... It was a blessing that it wasn't that far. Hopefully the adventurer caught up with the kidnapper by now...

I'll also have to remind this child's parents to teach her to not trust strangers this easily though... But that's for another day. For now, let's help her reach safety.
------------------------------
Nene, in the city's districts, moving towards the temple.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Briele walked outside of the Guild Library only to see people running around screaming something about slimes.

A small mob was practically attacking the stall that belonged a poor trader who came from Fuyu Machi.

"Toilet paper!!!!!! Give us toilet paper!!!! We need toilet paper!!!!!!!"

Briele wondered why all these silly individuals were so desperate to hoard toilet paper during a slime attack.

He shrugged.

Personally, Briele didn't think it was a big deal. Like, they were just slimes, right? One of the weakest monsters?

Honestly Briele thought that somebody should go on the city walls and try singing at the slimes.