Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

Silver

Hearing the bells ring from outside, Cassel sighed and put down his papers. Waving an hand to an nearby assistant, he gave the order to start giving the Burza the lizard men gave them to the adventurers fighting out there.

OOC: If you need some anti slime soap alternatives. Go pick it up at the guild it's free! Also, there's no need to worry about the I made freestyle post affecting anything just count it as non cannon or something. I just wanted to do quests but got too lazy near the end and There's plenty of back up plans for Cassel.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
OOC: @FlutterOfCrows @FenrIIrz I'm timeskipping ahead because things are moving a bit too slow for my taste, sowwy! >.<
-----------------------------------------
When I arrived at the temple, I noticed a bunch of things.

First, it was very crowded, lots of people taking refuge here, and the priests were working to their utmost to heal the wounded guards and adventurers.

Secondly, the girl's parents immediately rushed towards us and hugged the girl while thanking their god that she was safe. Apparently they came first and were eagerly waiting for her while constantly looking at the door... I'll later have to tell them to put one of the house keys inside their house and to teach their daughter to not trust strangers so easily, but that can wait.

And third, after a bit of looking around to see if I could find her, I saw miss Layla taking care of her grandson... I thanked The Goddess that things worked out well and that that adventurer was able to recover her child from the kidnapper.

And then, just as I wondered what to do next, a crying woman held the sleeve of my robe and begged me, "Please help my husband! He volunteered to fight the slimes outside to stop them from reaching the gates and... And..." She broke down crying.

I looked behind her and saw a severely wounded man lying down, there was hardly any skin left on him as most of it was melted... He had no legs to speak of as well, his breathing was extremely haggard, and he constantly winced in pain, even though he did not seem to be conscious...

I moved a bit closer to him and kneeled next to him for a few seconds while silently praying... Then, I got up and turned around.

The woman asked me hopefully, "Wi-will he get better?"

I shook my head, "I prayed he would have a safe passage to the afterlife, and that The Goddess granted him peace."

The woman broke down crying again, and I left the temple while leaving her behind... I wasn't sure if my help outside would be more meaningful than inside the temple, but I just thought... That maybe there was someone I could help if I reached them earlier... And so I left, trying to find this person.
------------------------------
Nene, leaving the city's main temple.

Feathers95

Felicia El Freliti - Level 9 | (9525/9000) EXP | Rank E
The city was filled with the sound of bells ringing and chaotic screams of panic. As a plainly dressed figure stared resolutely at the rampaging slimes at their doorstep.

To think that the slime horde was finally here.

After Vor warned the city of the great slime mass that fateful day and Felicia herself conducted her own investigation on the horde residing in the ruined bandit settlement, she knew this day would come. But still, she hoped it wouldn't. No matter how prepared they were, there would undoubtedly be casualties. She could only hope that Scribel would remain as it was in the beginning; a warm home for the lost otherworlders who had been torn away from everything they knew.

Felicia glanced behind her and noticed the near-empty streets, with most citizens already safely evacuated away into defensible shelters such as the temple. Many adventurers had helped this cause, and were still scurrying about the streets which made her smile unknowingly. Noticing a bunch of people rushing out of the adventurer's guild with jars of grey paste, Felicia knew it was finally time for their countermeasures to start! Jumping from the high wall she was observing from, she breathed a sudden, shrill whistle.

A golden feathered bird suddenly dove towards her from the clouded skies above, catching her midair as they flew towards the adventurer's guild. Rubbing Sable's head warmly as she descended, Felicia quickly entered the guild and secured her own portion of Burza, waving at Cassel(@Silver ) before she went. She hadn't had a chance to congratulate him on his new position as temporary guild master yet and was eager to do so for her only student, but unfortunately now was most definitely not the time.

Returning quickly to the frontlines of the battle, she joined the next platoon of soldiers going out to delay and defend against the slime horde whilst riding Sable. She knew very well that the leader of the slime horde was a little blue slime, after all, she was the one who reported that devious fellow in the first place. Unfortunately, she didn't see them at all during her outing, hence she decided to leave that problem to someone else as she helped hold off the horde. Coating her silver blade in the soapy pasty substance within the jar, she dove headfirst into the battle using her swordsmanship. Knowing that they were heavily outnumbered, Felicia focused more on keeping her teammates safe and under less pressure, rather than recklessly killing anything in her way. The Burza coating her sword worked wonders, slicing even the slime's core into shreds with ease.

The particular bunch of slimes she and her comrades were facing included an abundance of river and herb slimes. They were an awfully good tag-team, with the herb slimes healing the river slimes unendingly and the river slimes protecting their healers at all costs. Felicia was tempted to bring out her bow and arrow then and there to deal with the annoying cycle of healing, but she had to trust the archers and mages she was protecting behind her. Although she had a multitude of skills she could swap between for this battle, she wasn't stupid enough to do so right now. Afterall, she had a team defending and relying on her, and switching roles in the middle of a battle would be reckless if done so randomly.

As Felicia tore through her enemies using her silver sword coated in Burza, Sable similarly used her talons covered in the grey paste to cause destruction and tear up the slime horde. Additionally, since she swooped in and out of the air for her attacks, she kept an eye out in the sky, ready to warn Felicia and her team if anything was out of place.
-------------------
Felicia and Sable are with a squadron of soldiers south-east of Scribel City, battling the horde close to the river.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Exiting the guild after handing the party quest report, Liana saw scene of terrified people rushing to get to safe places within the city. Wondering what to do, she saw an emergency notice placed on the quest board and so quickly ran up to it and read through it. As she read through it, someone yanked on her shoulder and turned her around.

"What do you think you're doing here? There's a slime raid happening and you're here f*cking around doing nothing!" The handsome scarred man threw a billhook spear at Liana - to which she reflexively caught - and glared at her. "Follow me and we'll get in some real combat experience for you!"

He started running off towards the South Gate while shouting, "You better not die before killing at least 30 slimes, b*tch, or else I'll use your body as bait for more slimes!"

Shuddering at the ex-adventurer's words, Liana ran after him towards the South Gate, with a billhook spear in her hands. Her heart was racing in trepidation over what was going to happen, made even more prominent by the fact she could feel the sun was beginning to rise...

X

Halley

Sen was resting at the tavern when he heard the bell’s ringing. At first, he was only a little confused at the fact, but quickly discarded it as soon as he heard shrieks and shouts from outside. He quickly ran out to see what’s happening, only to find people running around in panic.

"Oi! You there! You're an adventurer, right?" a nearby guard shouted at him.

"Yeah! What's - ?" Sen tried to ask, though he didn't manage to finish his question.

"Good! Follow me! The slime horde just attacked the south part of the city, and we need to evacuate the civilians, fast!" the guard replied, not giving Sen any chance to ask anymore as he already started running along with his companions.

Left with no other choice, Sen can only chase them, 'The slime horde? What's on earth is that? Someone explain to me what's going on!'

As Sen approached the southern districts, he is now starting to see what exactly happened: masses of gelatinous balls of fluids, bouncing around the city while melting whatever it touches. Sen only saw a few of them, but if the guard's words were correct, then there would be countless others at the south wall.

With no time to lose, Sen decided to prioritize helping as many civilians as he could find.
[Sen - southern part of Scribel]

FlutterOfCrows

Dust is seen once more, moving along the slum district, moving up and along the houses going up to roofs before climbing down.
collecting small rocks and inscribing them as he goes along his route, from anywhere he can get small stones.
Before long, dust making a round trip back towards the southern gate with a pile of inscribed rocks in his inventory/bag, ready to help aid the guarding of the city.
Though as he moves along he begins to notice other adventurers on a similar route on the street nearby, towards the south gate.
Noticing one be the pale lady and...some kind of scarred up dude, among them. Though ready to join them, Dust waits in the shadows a bit longer unsure what to do, suppressing his presence to keep a low profile, as he follows along thinking on his options.
-----------------------------------
Dust - Heading to Southern Gate

Nahrenne

Reaching the South Gate, Alexei rushed into the nearby guard station before coming back out with some clothes and throwing them at Liana.

"Get changed! Your clothes are not safe when going against slimes! Unless you enjoy having your skin corroded away by acid?"

"?!" Liana quickly changed into the guard clothes, not caring about onlookers - not that there were any - and looked at her instructor.

Seeing the young woman had obeyed his orders, he nodded before throwing a jar at her, "Coat the billhook with the burza, the slimes don't like it!"

Liana caught the jar and opened it, not knowing what the smell was exactly, and took some of the mixture out and coated her weapon.

"Good! Now listen carefully, b*tch! Always maintain the proper distance, always be aware of your surroundings, always keep your guard up, and always keep moving!"

"Yes, Sir!" Liana responded out of reflex from their previous training sessions.

Somewhat pleased with the young woman's attitude, Alexei motioned for the guards to open the side door to leave the city and then rushed out to meet the slimes at the front. Liana gulped a little as the fear began to set in, before she followed the scarred man outside.

Leaving the city for the second time that night, Liana saw the multitudinous horde of slimes of all kinds before noticing Alexei efficiently thrusting his weapon deep inside some slimes before rapidly pulling out with a core attached. The slimes attacked quickly collapsed into puddles. Following his example, Liana moved closer to a slime and performed the same action, didn't hit the core, and rapidly retreated before the slime could attack her - although the slime still ended up dying due to the burza on the billhook.

"Stupid b*tch! Aim lower and faster!" Alexei shouted as he took down his seventh slime.

"Yes, Sir!"

Liana's body was quivering in fear but, under the scarred man's instruction, continued with her attempts at attacking the slimes.

[Liana and Alexei at Scribel City Outskirts - South Gate]

X

Siostar

Chaos and scream. Panic and confusion. Battle and ruin with running people everywhere. It wasn't the scene that greeted me when I got out to the noble district.
A calm but tense atmosphere hangs in the air, it seemed like most of the people knew they should do, those who didn't fellows those who did. Some chose to seek shelter while others ran to defend the walls, the rest of the nobles want to protect their homes. Many private guards accompanied their employers to do their duty.

I don't know what will happen in this city part since everyone seems to do their own thing, which they believe to be right the course of action. As someone who has never been in such a situation, I wouldn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

Instead of doing something foreign to me, I ran to the closest wall I could find, since defending the walls will be the most obvious thing to do. I might have gone the wrong way at some point but I found the Northern Wall at least.

Suddenly, I saw something purple above it. It got bigger and bigger, then it falls beyond the wall, a strange and loud popping could be heard. I wondered what it was all about, but first... I should climb up on the wall, right?

Leisurely ascending, Ellania got to quite a height where she would be roughly above the bulk of the horde, and got to work. A translucent purple substance poured from one hand, taking shape and growing bigger and bigger.

The other hand was holding a teacup.

"I suppose that's the biggest it can get without hitting the walls. Well, adios."

She let the massive object in her hand fall, and sipped her tea casually as what looked like a miniature purple iceberg crashed through the air.

"Annnd...detonate."

Ellania mimed pushing the trigger button with her thumb, and what followed shortly was the sound of a massive balloon popping. She didn't need to look to know that most of the slimes in proximity of the exploding construct had popped, cores and all, in a successive chain reaction.
(OOC Ellania was on the Northern wall, right? :sweating_profusely:)

Last edited:

Himekawa

Watery - South wall to southern district

They entered?

Where did they come from? Did the wall get breached?

Looking at the slime inside, the feeling of panic rose in her mind. Immediately, watery abandoned her offense on the south wall. Watery instead took off to the air, looking for where the breach occurred.

The concentration of the slime in the southern district had become her concern. They must have had some way to enter. But where? Moving around the wall, she couldn't see any breach at all. But then, where did the slime inside come from?

Immediately, she had a bad premonition. The sewer... did it lead outside of the city? could someone enter through the sewer and came outside? Checking the entrance to the sewer, she found that her premonition were true. There was a group of slime coming out of the sewer entrance. Though, that did not confirm whether there was a breach somewhere that was connected to the sewer.

The thermal energy would be painful to redirect. But, at this point, she would have to halt it somehow. converting most of her mass into an ice spear, she made it long, extending it from her body. She needed to come in contact with the water in the sewer to freeze them. Thus, her spear extend from her body to the bottom.

Reach!!!

Her spear pierced the body of the slime, but she could feel that it was not fatal. Redirecting the heat from their body, she felt herself becoming smaller and smaller as some of her body evaporated. With most of her mass being put onto the spear, she needed to reach the water body inside the sewer.

The spear touched the sewer water. Immediately, she felt her consciousness expanded. It was like the amount of water inside of the sewer were drastically reduced. Thus, freezing it was not a viable alternative. But, using that body of water, she moved them to block the entrance to the sewer.

She detached her body from the spear, flying to the river on the south once again to replenish herself.

AliceShiki

I wandered towards the southern part of the city, specifically towards the slums... It was the most vulnerable part of the city, so if something went wrong, it would probably be the part most easily damaged.

I noticed the streets were mostly empty by now though, it seems most people already evacuated, which was a blessing, at least like this those that will meet the Goddess' lands will be those that are willing to reach it already.

As I walked through the slums though, I started hearing noises, which was... Unusual, the area should be empty by now... Is there another child stuck here now? I hastened my walking pace towards the source of the noise.

What I saw... Wasn't pretty. There were slimes peacefully eating the houses of the slums, undisturbed, unnoticed... I shivered in fear, not again... Did they come out of the sewer because there was nobody around to notice them? Or are they related to the attack in some way?

I took a step backwards, but... As soon as I did that, the slimes seemed to notice me and immediately stopped their peaceful behavior and started rushing towards me... Why? Why must you haunt me again!?

One of them shot a gush of water towards me, I barely avoided it by sheer reflex, and I heard a loud noise behind me immediately after... Turning around, I saw that the house that got hit by the water gush now had a hole in its wall... I turned towards the approaching slime group for a second, and saw that they were a lot closer to me already... I ran. I ran away, without any direction in mind... I just needed to get away from those monsters...
--------------------------------
Nene, Southern District; in the Slums, being chased by a group of slimes.

Feathers95

Zombo - Level 3 | (670/1200) EXP | No Rank
Whilst disguising himself as a tree and basking in the sunlight, Zombo was abruptly awoken by screams of horror and the rhythmic ringing of warning bells. Confused, but calm, he shifted himself into a more humanoid appearance and politely asked one of the frantic nearby guards what was going on.

"Didn't you hear?! The slime horde is here! Quickly head towards the temple for shelter!" The guard explained briefly before pushing Zombo towards the direction of the temple and moving on to usher the other citizens still running amok on the streets.

Slime horde? Zombo thought in puzzlement, before briefly remembering the library entry and associated quest reports about the subject. In all honesty, at the time, he thought it was something like a myth or a far off event that wouldn't reach them anytime soon. To think that Scribel City was now in danger due to this careless mindset.

Suddenly, the sound of muffled screaming for help caught his attention, amidst the rushing crowd of citizens heading towards the temple and other safehouses. Curiously, he looked around for the source but found nothing, until he saw a vague figure collapsed on the ground not too far away from him. They were being trampled on heartlessly by the panicking crowd, prompting Zombo to immediately push away the others and surround the victim with his branches to ensure their safety.

The poor fellow had been beaten black and blue, rendering them nearly unrecognizable, with every inch of their body covered in murky footsteps. There were even vicious injuries on their skin, seemingly made by a woman's pointed heels or something similar. Carefully, Zombo carried the unconscious human and ran towards the temple, hoping to find someone to help them.
-------------------
Zombo is running towards the temple in Scribel City with an injured person in his arms.

Halley

As he ran through the now-deserted streets of Scribel, Sen was able to find a few civilians left – which mostly consisted of the elderly, someone who’s too stubborn to run away, or both. Luckily, Sen managed to get them all to safety along with the help of the city guards (though it involved a few right hooks from him). After a few minutes of not finding any more civilians, Sen concluded that there shouldn’t be any civilians left in his vicinity.

Alias

I made my way towards the south walls to defend against the slime hoard. The closer I came, the more I could hear the wall. It was frantic up there, Soldiers were constantly arming their bows, and after receiving the command, would fire the arrows in sync producing a skyfall of death. There were also people pouring soapy water down the wall, in an effort to discourage the slimes from attacking. I helped out by running around and collecting and delivering arrows to the soldiers.

That was until I saw something weird. A particular blue slime caught my eye. It was moving towards the wall, but it dodged and ducked like it was intelligent. I don't know why, but I got a sinister feeling from it. A demonic feeling. My eyes followed it, until I saw something strange. When the slime shined with a tinge of purple, the other slimes seemed to change what they were doing.

I brought my gun up, and decided to shoot at the blue slime. Miraculously I hit it, but I didn't kill it. The blue slime proceeded to shine purple, and suddenly all the surrounding slimes clumped up together forming a slime barrier and rolled away.

I was snapped back into reality when a soldier grabbed me on the shoulder. Apparently, the loud sound of the gun startled a lot of the soldiers, so I was asked not to do it again.

Blue Slime Failure 2 @GM

But then, right as he was about to leave the area, Sen heard a familiar voice somewhere in the distance; a loud, cold, and mechanical bang.

‘A gun? There’s an otherworlder with a gun? Huh. Never thought I’m gonna see one – wait,’ Sen was about to dismiss the thought, but then he recalled that earlier, one of the guards managed to defeat slimes using fire magic.

It took him a few seconds to connect the dot, but then Sen immediately rushed towards the direction of the sound instead, ‘If I can find that gunman, we might just be able to repel the slimes!’

Feathers95

Myria Lasvier - Level 2 | (230/600) EXP | No Rank
Myria abruptly awoke in an alleyway by the adventurer's guild to something irritating her tail. Annoyed, she swatted the squishy thing away with her long tail, but it came back and started nibbling her hooves too! Irritated at her rest being disturbed, having spent most of last night studying mana manipulation using her strange tome, she lashed out with her hooves, immediately stomping the squishy creature and the round orb within it to death using the building's wall.

Suddenly, just before the realization that she had actually killed something for the first time dawned on her, a mass of squishy objects fell on her head nibbling and corroding her body. With a scream, she abruptly opened her eyes and stood up, trying her best to shake off the attackers, and fully enraged at her long-awaited rest being interrupted. Pulling out her makeshift earplugs from the night before, she briefly noticed the sound of screaming and bells ringing before laying her eyes on the group of squishy creatures in front of her.

"Sewer slimes...?" She muttered in disbelief as they had a sudden standoff. Although it wasn't that rare to find a couple of sewer slimes out and about, having luckily escaped from the sewers somehow, this was the first time she had seen this many! Glancing at the wall next to her, and the ruined puddle that must've been one of them, she realized she was so screwed...

Tearing away the slimes still clinging to her, and grabbing a nearby half-broken pole for self-defence, she immediately began galloping away as the chase begun. Naturally, as a centaur, her speed was no match for a bunch of slimes, but the sight of children and people ahead of her caught her attention. Noticing an old couple carefully being escorted by a young lady down the road, a bunch of frightful children trying to help a friend of theirs buried under a fallen building's rubble and a little girl helping her blind mother, Myria abruptly stopped in her tracks and turned to face the sewer slimes chasing her.

"Go away! This isn't your city! Leave us be!" She screamed as she tried her best to hold off the sewer slimes, whilst also alerting the other civilians of the city's invasion so that they could hurry up and get away. She was absolutely terrified as she swung her pole recklessly around, having never used a weapon in her lifetime or fought such a battle. Quickly, she noticed that if she just took the orb-like things out of the slimes' bodies that they would fall apart, but realizing that was much harder than physically accomplishing such a feat. Still, she tried her best, and managed to kill off a few in her wild, novice attacks. Somehow, she was able to fend off the crowd of sewer slimes from advancing any further into the residential district, well, for now at least.
-------------------
Myria is battling against a bunch of sewer slimes and preventing them from advancing towards the civilians in Scribel City.

Nahrenne

I wandered towards the southern part of the city, specifically towards the slums... It was the most vulnerable part of the city, so if something went wrong, it would probably be the part most easily damaged.

I noticed the streets were mostly empty by now though, it seems most people already evacuated, which was a blessing, at least like this those that will meet the Goddess' lands will be those that are willing to reach it already.

As I walked through the slums though, I started hearing noises, which was... Unusual, the area should be empty by now... Is there another child stuck here now? I hastened my walking pace towards the source of the noise.

What I saw... Wasn't pretty. There were slimes peacefully eating the houses of the slums, undisturbed, unnoticed... I shivered in fear, not again... Did they come out of the sewer because there was nobody around to notice them? Or are they related to the attack in some way?

I took a step backwards, but... As soon as I did that, the slimes seemed to notice me and immediately stopped their peaceful behavior and started rushing towards me... Why? Why must you haunt me again!?

One of them shot a gush of water towards me, I barely avoided it by sheer reflex, and I heard a loud noise behind me immediately after... Turning around, I saw that the house that got hit by the water gush now had a hole in its wall... I turned towards the approaching slime group for a second, and saw that they were a lot closer to me already... I ran. I ran away, without any direction in mind... I just needed to get away from those monsters...
--------------------------------
Nene, Southern District; in the Slums, being chased by a group of slimes.
"Aaargh! Why do I always get sidled with the boring jobs!" Clive yelled out to the sky as he was doing messenger errands for Captain Harrison to alert the guards at the North Gate that the South Gate needed reinforcements.

Just as he rounded a corner of an alleyway in the slums for a shortcut, he spotted a girl with fox ears running for her life in a mad panic with several slimes following after her. "Huh?" Slowing down his running to take in the situation, he seemed to recall having seen the girl working as a receptionist at the guild quite often - as well as performing funeral rites; he'd even attended some for fallen guard comrades.

Seeing that she was in no state to fight against the slimes - as well as them catching up to her, he sighed exasperatedly as he thought about the reprimanding he'd get from the guard captain for being late with his message delivery. He then took the burza-covered spear from his back and charged at the slimes, "Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh!"

He managed to kill one straight away, which brought the attention of the other slimes who then changed targets to him. "Crap!" He stabbed at another slime - killing it - and ran toward the fox-kin: "Don't worry, Miss Nene! I'm here to save you!" He then put his spear back on his back and princess-carried the fox-kin in his arms while heading for the North Gate. "Ahhh~ Her ears are so soft~" He thought internally.

[City Guard Clive - Scribel City Slums heading towards the North Gate]

X

AliceShiki

"Aaargh! Why do I always get sidled with the boring jobs!" Clive yelled out to the sky as he was doing messenger errands for Captain Harrison to alert the guards at the North Gate that the South Gate needed reinforcements.

Just as he rounded a corner of an alleyway in the slums for a shortcut, he spotted a girl with fox ears running for her life in a mad panic with several slimes following after her. "Huh?" Slowing down his running to take in the situation, he seemed to recall having seen the girl working as a receptionist at the guild quite often - as well as performing funeral rites; he'd even attended some for fallen guard comrades.

Seeing that she was in no state to fight against the slimes - as well as them catching up to her, he sighed exasperatedly as he thought about the reprimanding he'd get from the guard captain for being late with his message delivery. He then took the burza-covered spear from his back and charged at the slimes, "Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh!"

He managed to kill one straight away, which brought the attention of the other slimes who then changed targets to him. "Crap!" He stabbed at another slime - killing it - and ran toward the fox-kin: "Don't worry, Miss Nene! I'm here to save you!" He then put his spear back on his back and princess-carried the fox-kin in his arms while heading for the North Gate. "Ahhh~ Her ears are so soft~" He thought internally.

[City Guard Clive - Scribel City Slums heading towards the North Gate]

X
After running for a while, I was starting to run out of breath, the monsters were still chasing me though, I couldn't stop, I had to keep running or I'd... Goddess, please save me...

And then I heard a shout, turning towards it, I saw a guard with a spear in hand killing two slimes, and then coming towards me... Seeing the monsters melt away made me feel like puking... My legs trembled, I started falling... But by then the guard was near me, he held me and started running away from the monsters...

I looked at his face for a moment to see that he seemed to have a peaceful look in his face somehow...

And then I looked back at the monsters still coming our way... Why can't they stop already? Why are they even here??

Suddenly, the guard fell, and I with him... Did he trip? Tumble? What just happened? The fall had been a bit painful, but it seems there was no big wound on me right now...

I looked towards the guard to see if he was fine, and saw that there was a black mist wrapped around his legs... A mist that came from me... No! Go away I'm not... I'm not scared, I'm not scared, I'm not scared...

The mist didn't fade, the monsters approached us... Goddess protect us...

I threw a few talismans towards the slimes and made a silent prayer to The Goddess. When the monsters got close to it, they hit my barrier and didn't move any further... Though they kept trying to corrode it or clash against it, it was hard to maintain the barrier like this...

I turned towards the guard and finally taking a good look at his face I recognized him from some of the funerals I hosted... I then told him... "I'm sorry, mister Clive... I can't control this... I'm scared... What do we do now?" The barrier won't hold the monsters forever, and the demon won't let mister Clive move easily... Why did the demon decide to move again after this long!?
-----------------------------
Nene, in the slums, on the way towards the Northern Gate

Himekawa

Denser... Denser... Denser...

She continued to absorb the water into her body. Her body turned more white instead of translucent, as a lot of the water folded inside her. Meanwhile, controlling the water in her current domain, she took a shot against the river slimes inside it, manifesting the ice spear to stab on them. At least, she could help the soldier fighting in the distance by limiting amount of the river slimes.

After she was done, she disconnected her body from the river, and returned to the city.

---

As she flew to the southern gate, she saw the slime horde were there, having touched the gate and the walls. The wall began to be corroded by its proximity to the slime, as well as the gate. It was bad enough, that she felt the guardsmen and adventurers on the wall should retreat. As more slime made a hole through the wall and pass through, they would just erode the base of the wall. Sooner or later, the wall would crumble and the casualty would rise.

"Keep attacking! We need to prevent them from destroying our walls!" Someone said.

Retreat, please. The place was not defensible anymore. But who was she to talk? She was safe here, hovering on the sky. The men and women below were risking their life with each second that passed.

She had to take an action. Reinforcing the walls with ice would just temporarily block them. The ice would either melt because of temperature, or it would be eroded by the acidic body of the slimes. She didn't have a solution at all. It was impossible. Using her strategy before were too slow in killing them.

Defender of the southern walls... please, survive.

She returned to the adventurer guild.

Last edited:

FlutterOfCrows

While Dust returns to the slums after he saw the southern gate was covered by those like the water sprite and the frontliners.
He returns to his home district, to find slimes covering all over the place.
Though his thoughts get tangled in his panic and further trip him, what he does know is that he sees the place be harmed by slimes, destroying people's homes...
Just like how his own home was taken from him, before coming to Scribel for a new life.

Dust unsuppressed his presence, instead of hiding it, He cast it out at full volume, rushing about, letting the slimes get hit by the weak field of madness, letting them feel frozen, avoiding him now, or the rare few go mad, attacking their brethren.
Though it appears to actually be working, Dust would rather not have to do this at all, simply for both health and the worry of being seen.
Though despite knowing that cleric's and priests will find his presence to be a beacon now, Dust has no reason to think a priest is nearby when all have been evacuated already, and if he doesn't do something drastic more homes will be lost, leaving people without a place to return to, to sit around with their family, to clean up as they wait for dinner, nothing.

Dune starts to rush along the slums district, towards the northern region, as he fears that its more than just one place they came through in the slums.
as his normally unsued Eldritch presence slows slimes down long enough to throw his inscribed rocks at them, triggering once they stop either inside the jelly or nearby, shooting darts outwards and cause large tears in the slime's membranes, with one every few dozen killed. Though it's getting some results, its clear from the onset Dust doesn't have at all enough rocks to hit them all nor do the darts have the strength to ensure guaranteed kills. Though Dust likely hasn't even noticed himself yet, just like he doesn't notice.
-------------------------
Dust, Moving towards the Northern part of the Slums.

Nahrenne

After running for a while, I was starting to run out of breath, the monsters were still chasing me though, I couldn't stop, I had to keep running or I'd... Goddess, please save me...

And then I heard a shout, turning towards it, I saw a guard with a spear in hand killing two slimes, and then coming towards me... Seeing the monsters melt away made me feel like puking... My legs trembled, I started falling... But by then the guard was near me, he held me and started running away from the monsters...

I looked at his face for a moment to see that he seemed to have a peaceful look in his face somehow...

And then I looked back at the monsters still coming our way... Why can't they stop already? Why are they even here??

Suddenly, the guard fell, and I with him... Did he trip? Tumble? What just happened? The fall had been a bit painful, but it seems there was no big wound on me right now...

I looked towards the guard to see if he was fine, and saw that there was a black mist wrapped around his legs... A mist that came from me... No! Go away I'm not... I'm not scared, I'm not scared, I'm not scared...

The mist didn't fade, the monsters approached us... Goddess protect us...

I threw a few talismans towards the slimes and made a silent prayer to The Goddess. When the monsters got close to it, they hit my barrier and didn't move any further... Though they kept trying to corrode it or clash against it, it was hard to maintain the barrier like this...

I turned towards the guard and finally taking a good look at his face I recognized him from some of the funerals I hosted... I then told him... "I'm sorry, mister Clive... I can't control this... I'm scared... What do we do now?" The barrier won't hold the monsters forever, and the demon won't let mister Clive move easily... Why did the demon decide to move again after this long!?
-----------------------------
Nene, in the slums, on the way towards the Northern Gate
Feeling a force on his leg pull him down, Clive fell over but made sure to keep Nene safe in his arms when they landed on the ground. Hearing the fox-kin's words, he smiled wryly at her.

"Ah, I'm a clumsy guy anyway, so falling over wouldn't be your fault. I mean, you're really light for someone with huge ears and tail! Maybe it's cos you're flat? AH! Never mind that!"

He got up and looked at the slimes being blocked by the talisman barrier. Getting the spear from his back, he quickly stabbed them all - killing them - thus giving them a respite from combat. He breathed hard as his hands shook; he wasn't used to proper combat and usually screamed like a girl whenever anything happened on Watches. "...Maybe that's why he sent me as a messenger...so I wouldn't be in combat..." He muttered to himself before looking at Nene.

"Ah, Miss Nene, if it's all right with you, I need to inform the guard captain at the North Gate of the situation in the South as soon as possible - meaning we should part ways here... Ah, I need to inform them of how there are slimes coming from the sewers, too...The temple is nearby, I suggest you head on over there, Miss. I don't think there are any more slimes in this area, so you should be safe. Civilians shouldn't put themselves in danger if they can't handle slimes." He smiled before rubbing her head and ears; stroking the ears a bit longer than necessary before retracting his hand and running off to the North Gate.

[Clive and Nene near a Temple - Middle of Scribel City]
[Clive heading for the North Gate to inform the guard captain there of the slimes in the city and to ask for reinforcements for the South Gate]

X

Nahrenne

"Sh*t! B*tch, move!" Alexei shouted as a slime lunged toward Liana and spat some acid at her.

"Ah!" Liana tried stepping back and tripped over, falling backwards. However, the scarred man caught her with his back to the slime attacking her - getting the full hit from the acid; the sound of sizzling flesh could be heard as Alexei's clothes rapidly corroded away revealing his skin and corroding that.

"Ngh! Stupid b*tch! What did I say about being aware of your surroundings?!" Alexei quickly let go of the young woman, swung around tightly and thrust his billhook into the offending slime - as well as another two that were closing in - before putting Liana on his shoulder and running back to the gate. "We're falling back! Fall back everyone! Sound the horns for the Lizardmen reinforcements to congregate at this gate!"

The city guards on the wall heard Alexei's orders and immediately began blowing the horns the Lizardmen had given them whenever they needed the swamp-people's back-up. The side door was opened and the guards and adventurers on the front lines ran through before closing it behind them. Alexei dropped Liana on the ground like a sack of potatoes and headed off to where Captain Harrison Bridger was currently issuing orders from - his back a bloody mess, yet he seemed unfazed.

Liana saw the blood and felt her fangs instinctively grow and cut into her lower lip. She knew she was not much help with regards to attacking the slimes and so went to help the guards dealing with distributing burza.

[Liana and Alexei - South Gate Scribel City]

X

Siostar

"Oi, lass! What are you doing?!" A guard suddenly yelled out to me. "Em... climbing the wall," I awkwardly responded.

The guard shook his head at me and then told me, "if you are another adventure who wants to help, you better go up by the stairs," and pointed to the general direction. I gave my thanks to the guard and ran through a long set of stairs, at the top of the Northern Wall, I saw a mixed mess of colored slime corpses further away from the wall.

I thought back to the purple ball which probably the cause of this slime mass kill, but there were still many slimes trying to climb or destroy the walls. The guards splashed soap water and aimed arrows with soap water on the slimes. It seemed to be effective but not enough yet, so I took out the baked baking soda I have with me and drizzled it along the outer wall. After I did it for a while, the numbers of slimes decreased much more.

I turned back to check how the city looks like from this high, in all honesty. The noble district seems to have no trouble, guards were around patrolling in the nearby streets too. I couldn't help but notice some of them has the emblem of the Rosenthal Family, perhaps Lord Eugene has something to do with it?

At any rate, there seems to be someone who was impatiently running to this side.

[Clive heading for the North Gate to inform the guard captain there of the slimes in the city and to ask for reinforcements for the South Gate]
(@GM defending wall objective)

Last edited: