Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Raid: Slime Horde

Epsil

"If you determined to pick up trash, then you'll be just that. In this chaotic time, why not risk your life and aim for the best?" Amidst the shouting and screaming of various people, Domenas stood his ground and did not burger. His tall figure was akin to the imposing monolith, capable of enduring waves of disturbance without any change.

"Heroes rises from the chaotic time. Extraordinary situation gives birth to extraordinary man— Only in the time of need would one know the true price of everything. If one did not seize their opportunity, then they deserved to fall down and remain mediocre." Domenas flipped a coin into the air and let it fell. Its motion was chaotic and random, and there was no way to predict where it landed.

"Although the coin can land anywhere, its result would never change, for there is only two outcomes, Head or Tail; What will you choose?"
"A tad hasty a conclusion, is it not? After all, there is yet a third, more unlikely outcome. Just as a coin does not consist of merely head and tail, a person is not doomed to simplicity should he not succeed, nor will seizing opportunities guarantee him a spot at greatness. Nice coin, by the way. I'll take it."

Whistling as she rummaged through the shelves of abandoned goods, Ellania hummed contentedly as she uncovered boxes of tea leaves and started stacking them in a pile.
"It's like the madam says, life isn't as simple as two sides of a coin. In fact there is a third face. The face at the middle of the coin. The bridge. The gray side. The one that many forget, but is present in all situations." Knowing the man was trying to inspire me , Irritatedly I retorted. "If you're trying to force a hero out of me it won't work. While fame and glory sound tantalising, I've seen these extraordinary people you speak of. In fact I was friends with one. He was a lovely kid and a sword prodigy to boot. When a giant wolf attacked our village, he went out with his friends to subjugate it. They never returned. When we went to go look for them, you know what we found? An area covered full of blood that was littered with body parts. I am not a Hero, I am not Trash, I am just trying to survive."

With that said, Zephyx continued killing some slimes, while also keeping his eyes out for the sign of dropped loot.

OOC: Yes this is one linking paragraph :sweating_profusely:

Himekawa

Enough. Her mind was tired.

The slime force gathered by the ninth slime was able to prevent her gaining ground on it. The slime willingly dissolve itself when she thought she had it. Immediately, another slime took its place as it put the ninth slime's core inside and became the ninth. In the meantime, they broke her long sword once again.

how many time did this exchange took place? She lost count. Even after refilling herself, her body only has two fifth of its mass. Just this one... she just needed to defeat it.

She gave up. Taking back to the sky, she looked at the horde.

As she observed, the slime on the fringe at the south was not moving, not following the horde. They instead move on their own, not seeming to be in control like the horde on the front.

Once again, she took the strategy of abducting the slime. Her hypothesis was that they each have their own range, but they maintained certain distance to each other to communicate with each other.

She returned to the river. after she filled herself, she went to test it.

Taking one from the horde was harder than expected. They knew how to anticipate her approach. But, this time she did not brandish her sword at the blue slime. She targeted the slime surrounding it. She needed to deplete the blue slime's resource for a moment, enough for her to take the blue slime away.

she pierced the one beside the blue slime, and landed on that area. Then, manifesting multiple barrel from her body, she shot those slime around her. Just piercing them was enough. As the slimes that charged at her burst, she then took the moment inbetween their charge to take away the blue slime.

Taking it above, she looked below. The blue slimes around it moved into the area that was left from the blue slime control. Then her second experiment. She dropped the blue slime inbetween two blue slimes. Seeing the other blue slimes went away from it, she was sure that the slime horde mind was those blue ones. The ripple from the experiment moved the formation of the the other blue ones.

@GM failure number 5

FenrIIrz

[South Gate]
Sil came back to the wall with a corroded sword. He climbs the stair and sweeps his eyes through to the battlefield.

'The city is on the losing side, We need to turn this around. The pitfall traps preparation is finished. Hm? What's that?'

He spotted a small slime with blue colour lurking between trees, hiding, and watching. It's moving behind other slimes dodging arrows. Sil walks to the guard to ask him a question.

"Hey, Do you know what the slime leader looks like?"

"Uh. I don't know. There are two particular slimes they're talking about. I'm pretty sure it the tiny blue one and the big purple one with a nasty mouth!"
"Thanks... We haven't spotted the purple one yet, keep searching. The pitfalls are ready. Retreat behind than if something goes bad. I need a new weapon."

"There should be some lying around the guardhouse."

Sil grabs a block of Burza and goes down to the guardhouse. In the building, there is a bastard sword hanging on the wall. There is some chipped on the edge but still usable. After coating the sword with Burza, Sil runs to the east while hiding behind the wall. He jumps down into the bush and dashes towards the forest.

'I found you!' Sil enchants his body with lightning and kicks the ground. He trusts his sword into the blue small slime but the sword only lands on the ground. The slime is running away from him, it is retreating into the horde. Few slimes rush to Sil under the blue slime's command. He brandishes my sword through a wave of slime.

"Come here you bastard. Where are you going!" He discharges a lightning wave in front of the slime to stop it then impales his sword into its body. "Shit!"

Unfortunately, the Burza that covered the sword is gone when he was cutting down other slimes. The small blue expands and trying to shallow Sil. The magic rune appears in front of his mouth, The rune lights up and releases a breath, it's not a normal fire dragon breath or lightning from his affinity, but a wind blast that blows away the blue slime. it's still alive despite the damage from that, it starts running away again. A few slimes suddenly cling onto him and rotting his flesh.

'I really help a fucking help here.' He stilling following the blue slime while getting rid of the slime on his body. He takes out a flare, sends a signal to the sky and hopes someone will come to aid him.

@GM sixth attempt on blue slime

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"A tad hasty a conclusion, is it not? After all, there is yet a third, more unlikely outcome. Just as a coin does not consist of merely head and tail, a person is not doomed to simplicity should he not succeed, nor will seizing opportunities guarantee him a spot at greatness. Nice coin, by the way. I'll take it."

Whistling as she rummaged through the shelves of abandoned goods, Ellania hummed contentedly as she uncovered boxes of tea leaves and started stacking them in a pile.
"It's like the madam says, life isn't as simple as two sides of a coin. In fact there is a third face. The face at the middle of the coin. The bridge. The gray side. The one that many forget, but is present in all situations." Knowing the man was trying to inspire me , Irritatedly I retorted. "If you're trying to force a hero out of me it won't work. While fame and glory sound tantalising, I've seen these extraordinary people you speak of. In fact I was friends with one. He was a lovely kid and a sword prodigy to boot. When a giant wolf attacked our village, he went out with his friends to subjugate it. They never returned. When we went to go look for them, you know what we found? An area covered full of blood that was littered with body parts. I am not a Hero, I am not Trash, I am just trying to survive."

With that said, Zephyx continued killing some slimes, while also keeping his eyes out for the sign of dropped loot.

OOC: Yes this is one linking paragraph :sweating_profusely:
"Ah— Of course, the same old middle way, the fantasized grey path... It's the painful path of balance, and in itself, is another extreme end. Without outside help, and without outside influence, it is simply impossible to achieve, and like firework, it would shine brightly for a moment, and in the end, all would be for naught." Domenas pulled out four more coins, and this time, he threw it up to the sky at random. All of them fell down, and landed either head or tail.

"I have already used five of my precious opportunity, and not once did I succeed in the middle way. Of course, things would be different, if there was an outside force to interfere." Domenas lowered himself to pick the coin up and placed it sideways. Not only that, but he also arranged all of the remaining coins to be head.

"Gambling against the tide is reckless, but also fruitful. However, with me, everything will change. I can gift you unlimited amounts of coins, and also help you settle down your result." In the next movement, Domenas, using no magic, flipped three more coins, with all of them landing heads, successively without any pause.

"That... is my offer." After finishing his speech, a voice called out for Domenas, and Pauler quickly came up to him. In his hand held a small notebook, and inside it was the record of price for various goods, as well as the condition of the goodies.

"Young man, and lady, good luck." With a warm smile on his face, Domenas strolled towards the Tavern. Gradually, his steady silhouette got consumed by crowds.

Before he disappeared, an azure coin fell from his grasp, and landed onto the ground. Strangely, its descended was steady and elegant, landing sideway.

Epsil

"Ah— Of course, the same old middle way, the fantasized grey path... It's the painful path of balance, and in itself, is another extreme end. Without outside help, and without outside influence, it is simply impossible to achieve, and like firework, it would shine brightly for a moment, and in the end, all would be for naught." Domenas pulled out four more coins, and this time, he threw it up to the sky at random. All of them fell down, and landed either head or tail.

"I have already used five of my precious opportunity, and not once did I succeed in the middle way. Of course, things would be different, if there was an outside force to interfere." Domenas lowered himself to pick the coin up and placed it sideways. Not only that, but he also arranged all of the remaining coins to be head.

"Gambling against the tide is reckless, but also fruitful. However, with me, everything will change. I can gift you unlimited amounts of coins, and also help you settle down your result." In the next movement, Domenas, using no magic, flipped three more coins, with all of them landing heads, successively without any pause.

"That... is my offer." After finishing his speech, a voice called out for Domenas, and Pauler quickly came up to him. In his hand held a small notebook, and inside it was the record of price for various goods, as well as the condition of the goodies.

"Young man, and lady, good luck." With a warm smile on his face, Domenas strolled towards the Tavern. Gradually, his steady silhouette got consumed by crowds.

Before he disappeared, an azure coin fell from his grasp, and landed onto the ground. Strangely, its descended was steady and elegant, landing sideway.
I grabbed the coin, and quickly left as well. It was getting too hot. People were bound to get suspicious, since we were casually chatting. My pockets were also pretty full.

Himekawa

[South Gate]
Sil came back to the wall with a corroded sword. He climbs the stair and sweeps his eyes through to the battlefield.

'The city is on the losing side, We need to turn this around. The pitfall traps preparation is finished. Hm? What's that?'

He spotted a small slime with blue colour lurking between trees, hiding, and watching. It's moving behind other slimes dodging arrows. Sil walks to the guard to ask him a question.

"Hey, Do you know what the slime leader looks like?"

"Uh. I don't know. There are two particular slimes they're talking about. I'm pretty sure it the tiny blue one and the big purple one with a nasty mouth!"
"Thanks... We haven't spotted the purple one yet, keep searching. The pitfalls are ready. Retreat behind than if something goes bad. I need a new weapon."

"There should be some lying around the guardhouse."

Sil grabs a block of Burza and goes down to the guardhouse. In the building, there is a bastard sword hanging on the wall. There is some chipped on the edge but still usable. After coating the sword with Burza, Sil runs to the east while hiding behind the wall. He jumps down into the bush and dashes towards the forest.

'I found you!' Sil enchants his body with lightning and kicks the ground. He trusts his sword into the blue small slime but the sword only lands on the ground. The slime is running away from him, it is retreating into the horde. Few slimes rush to Sil under the blue slime's command. He brandishes my sword through a wave of slime.

"Come here you bastard. Where are you going!" He discharges a lightning wave in front of the slime to stop it then impales his sword into its body. "Shit!"

Unfortunately, the Burza that covered the sword is gone when he was cutting down other slimes. The small blue expands and trying to shallow Sil. The magic rune appears in front of his mouth, The rune lights up and releases a breath, it's not a normal fire dragon breath or lightning from his affinity, but a water jet that blasts away the blue slime. it's still alive despite the damage from that, it starts running away again. A few slimes suddenly cling onto him and rotting his flesh.

'I really help a fucking help here.' He stilling following the blue slime while getting rid of the slime on his body. He takes out a flare, sends a signal to the sky and hopes someone will come to aid him.

@GM sixth attempt on blue slime

Seeing the flare light up, she looked at its source. a man was there, battling against the slime. seeing the man there, she flew closer.

"Move closer to the river!" She shouted.

transforming her limb into blades, she pierced the slime around the man's body. after it was done, using most of her remaining mass, she made an ice wall. if they could get to the river, she could make a bigger wall to block them for a moment.

Synthelione

The Ragged Flagon
In a dark corner of a certain shady tavern situated in a not-so-reputable section of the city, a hooded stranger was leaning against a pillar, languidly scanning the mostly empty tavern with a drink in his hand.

Just as he was about to finish his drink, a piercing noise shattered the tranquility of the afternoon.

The City's bells were tolling.

From what he recalled, this could only mean one thing. The City was under attack.

An opportunity? Those religious authorities should be plenty distracted right now. Syn mused.

Having made up his mind, the hooded stranger began to make his way out with the other tavern patrons whilst subconsciously drawing his hood tighter.

Syndergaard's perspective

Once outside, I joined a press of panicked pedestrians sheperded by a distressed-looking guardswoman. Taking the opportunity to obtain more information, I sidled next to the guardswoman and tapped her shoulders.

"Hey there, could you please tell me what is going on?"

"Can't you tell?! We are under attack from Slimes! Thousands upon thousands of them! Now move along and don't make my life difficult!"

Nodding in reply, I slipped back into the crowd to consider my options.

First, I could simply follow the crowd and head to safety. Given the danger, and the fact that I had been thrown back to level one by the sabotaged teleportation circle, this would be my safest option. The city guard's reputation is rather solid, after all. However, I would also lose out on an opportunity not just to obtain experience from slaying the slimes, but also a precious opportunity to scout for the presence of my enemies in the city unmolested by local religious authorities.

Next, I could join the few guards running in the opposite direction and fight the slimes. However, this limits my ability to conduct reconnaissance on the local temples and churches. Besides, the guards may not allow me to join them anyways.

Finally, I could strike out on my own, slaying the occasional slime that breaks through the defences while on the lookout for traces of friends and foes alike. While this option may be the riskiest, the rewards are also the greatest. I must succeed in my mission. Letting Olivia down is not an option.

So option three it is then.

| Scribel City | Market District Backstreets |

Last edited:

Siostar

Not too long after the alarm sounded, the lord of Rosenthal Family immediately writing letters to his connections to request cooperation in holding the noble district safe. The stronger messengers he had were sent out to deliver his words, but not was very cooperative. Even in the time of dire need, there will always be people who look for benefits in such a situation.

Unlike arts, which will never hurt nor betray him, as long you keep them well, they will forever stay beautiful. Their beauty doesn't contain hidden an ugly hearts like humans.

"Dear, are you alright?" A lady asked her husband with worry.

It was thanks to his wife that he has started to accept how faulty a person could be and how beautiful they could be despite their faults. Even now, he is still learning of the beauty of people.

Lord Eugene hummed a yes to Lady Saskia.

"How is the preparation?"

"All supplies are ready, we are only missing you my dear~"

The Lord nodded to his wife and then turned his attention to his butler, "Bertram, tell the guards we are leaving to the church and remind them that they have to work together with the other lord's guards on the evacuation of Noble District."

Afterward, they will have to guard the church and the rest will either petrol the streets for slimes or help the wall defense.

Nivateth

[In front of the guild]
Niv is still walking around killing any slimes she comes across "if only the universe didnt decide to remove my fire magic. might've been able to help better."

[Niv, walking around the city, killing slimes.}

Himekawa

Guardsman - south wall

"Captain, we really need to focus on the blue slimes! The other slimes at the front near it did not move when my arrow pierced its core!"

"You sure about this?"

"Yes captain. They stopped moving forward for about ten seconds. Meanwhile, the other two blue slimes moved toward the area where I killed it."

"Alright. Men! Change your target. Archers, fire on the blue slime!"

ooc: @GM objective like kill 6/7 blue slime on the first wave this time, and destroy its core? also add observation that the amount of slime that was in front made it become more congested.

Epsil

Adsall

"Guys I need some help here!"

My worst fears had come true. Rock slimes had entered the city. They were bashing into doors, trying to get into the houses. I went to strike one. No Dice, It had hardened itself causing my sword to ricochet off. I struck it over and over again until its hardening would lose effects. It took 3 hits, Luckily. I then struck it and killed it. I tried it on another nearby rock slime to see if my hypothesis was true. It was. I was pretty proud of myself, but then I noticed it. Around 15 Rock slimes had appeared in the city from the sewers.

@GM Exterminate the rock slimes?

Drevart

Drevart accurately stabbed the sewer slime which got nearby. He was sitting on the roof of a building observing all that was happening in the town. He didn't join the fray for one and only reason. He s bad at mass combat. At least now. And He was not willing to risk his life for other people. That's why the young man was thinking about what he shall do. He can certainly go and kill some random slimes but will that help with the defence? Probably no. At most he will be able to kill 30 slimes, 50 if he were to be careful and remain in the shadows. But the slimes swarming the city are in thousands. All his abilities would be useful in this situation. Even the task to "behead" the horde, his usual task was impossible to accomplish since the commander was among the other slimes near the front gate.

He took a small piece of soap he got from one of the adventurers and smeared his blade with it. He decided on his next course of action. Since he is pretty much useless in mass combat he will do what he is best at. Moving silently in the back, creating a disturbance on the flanks. The first goal he set out to do was help the final nearby village.

After that, his silhouette vanished from the roof and appeared on the nearby.

/I guess I'll continue moving like that and will have to think of something about how to slip out... maybe use the sewers? There should be only some sewer slimes, they are dangerous indeed if I let them swarm me, but the smell will be masked naturally and I can mask the feeling of my body... I hope that's how the differentiate on who is the enemy and who is the friend.../

Drevart quietly slipped down from the roof, landing on one of the slimes to use it as a cushion for his landing. The slime didn't manage to hold his form under Drevart's weight and was smashed to pieces but immediately started to reform around the core. Surrounding slime creeping closer by itself as if it were alive, but a quick jab of the dagger and the slime died forever.

Drevart looked around again to see what's happening...

Nivateth

Niv, hearing a yell from inside the city, starts heading towards Adsall "okay, so these slimes are grey for some reason." she goes to stab one and its rock solid. "greeeaaat rock slimes." she continues stabbing it. "oh hey, this is a good arm workout!"

Epsil

"you yelled?" Niv says to Adsall
"Yeah! There's a horde of rockslimes in the town! They came out of the sewers! Quickly, go check on the temple and guild! They might be targetting those places", Adsall yelled as he tried his best to fight a rockslime.

Nivateth

Niv finishes off the slime that she was already stabbing and heads towards the guild "yeah, not much wrong here" she then heads towards the temple. thinks of a slime temple joke and starts eliminating any slimes in the area.

Nivateth

OOC: goddammit
"Yeah! There's a horde of rockslimes in the town! They came out of the sewers! Quickly, go check on the temple and guild! They might be targetting those places", Adsall yelled as he tried his best to fight a rockslime.

FenrIIrz

Seeing the flare light up, she looked at its source. a man was there, battling against the slime. seeing the man there, she flew closer.

"Move closer to the river!" She shouted.

transforming her limb into blades, she pierced the slime around the man's body. after it was done, using most of her remaining mass, she made an ice wall. if they could get to the river, she could make a bigger wall to block them for a moment.
Sil follows the voice up into the sky and sees a lady floating in the sky.

*blinks* 'Why everybody I met today can fly?'

He launches lighting onto the ground to change the direction where the slime is heading. They exited the forest, and there's a river several meters away from them. He plunged his hands into the slime body and sprints towards the river. He hugs the slime in my chest and crashes into the water.

OOC: sry for late reply I was playing MHW xD

Euka

Walls were crumbling, panic and fear rung in the air, the shouts of war continued on.

In an alley of one the streets, there lies a large beast, Zio, curled up resting. In the center of it was a listless woman, Iris, resting her body against the scaly hide and fur of the large beast. They both did not mind the echoes of chaos and merely just rested in all of it. Considering they had rested enough, Iris got up and walked towards the streets; noticing this Zio followed suite as well.

Adsall

"Guys I need some help here!"

A call was heard and she followed the voice. Numerous slimes that resemble rocks gathered in the streets and infested all vacant space.

“Zio, crush.”

With that command the large beast, Zio, pummeled all rock slimes in their way. Its scaly hide paws crushed the rock slimes that even their core was smashed alongside it. Iris did not mind the mess her pet was making.

As her pet was making work of the pests, she had met the one who pleaded for help. She uninterestedly stared at him for a brief moment then proceeded to continue towards the southern gate. Noticing her getting farther away, Zio rushed towards Iris at a moment’s notice; leaving the pile of rubble it had caused.

Over a dozen rock slimes were shattered that time.

Drevart

Drevart heard wistling of the moving wind. He recognised this sound immediately, something bug flying at great speeds to smash him.

/Duck.../

He thought but his body already reacted to the familiar sound and feeling. His muscle memory... if he even has muscles, was still with him even though his former abilities weren't.

"Well, and what was that..."

He looked up while mumbling quietly. It was something round and looked a bit bounce but judging by the small crater which appeared on the landing spot the force behind this bolide was quite big. He noticed the thing rippling a bit and then another "swoosh" sound was heard. The thing threw itself tat him wanting to smash his body. Drevart rolled to the side, dodging the attack but he bumped into the other slime and due to his bad luck... again... it was a water slime. Clenching his teeth the young man made the slime "feel" as if he was in fact in place of the rock slime and the blue thing obediently shoot a water jet at the grey ball... but dealt no damaged, only deviated it's trajectory a little.

Drevart quickly stabbed the water slime near him in the core and quickly jumped to avoid a rock smashing at the place he was in.

/Now.../

He thought coldly and landed just beside the thing. It was already rippling, hardening its body to prepare for the next attack, but the dagger came crushing down at it... and nothing happened. It got stuck un the body of the slime and didn't manage to pierce the core.

/Crap, I don't want to waste my Aether, I still want to get out of this city to be able to do something meaningful./

His body moved, dodging the strike and he noticed how a couple of dark green sewer slimes were crawling at him.

/If I don't finish this quick I'll be in BIG trouble.../

he thought a bit nervously. This wasn't the first time he was in such a situation but nevertheless it was always daunting for him to be in it. After all, he can lose his life if he wasn't careful... even though he liked this feeling.

"Guess we'll go for the trade-off then..."

Drevart hid behind the wooden cart and as the rock slime was starting to charge up its power he used his Aether reserves to distorts the orientation in space of the slime. That helped a bit to slow down its flight but he had to remain in place as a live bait so he will manage to strike during the right time frame when the slime didn't start to harden.

After smashing through the wooden cart, a couple of splinters scratched Drevarets face, the slime continued flying at his but the young man was already prepared. Just before this he picked up a wide wooden board and used it as an improvised shield to soften the blow.
Sharp pain assaulted his nerves as his joint on the left hand was dislocated. Gritting his teeth, when Drevart felt that the slime became soft he immediately used his dagger, piercing the core of the grey monstrosity to finally kill it. Not even caring about the surroundings he immediately started running because he saw around 10 to 15 ordinary slimes crawling towards his direction and some of them were already quite close. He thought there were some semi-transparent water slimes too...