Evaluation
Cooking Rations
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Money: 10G
  • Items: 5 rations

Quest Report:

'Apparently, I was a glutton for punishment.' she thought.

Lib decided to do it again and again, until she could learn all the man's techniques. The world of molecular gastronomy was a new world for her. The profoundness behind each action, how each ingredients could be broken down to its elementary form and then interacted with each other made her shiver. The man could do something like this with cooking, something that she thought was just putting ingredients and sauces and other additives and let it cook until it browned.

She went to the clerk to accept the job, and went to the kitchen. In the kitchen, she could see that he worked alone preparing some kind of dish. As her footsteps got closer, he glanced at her and coldly said,

"So, it is you again today? Then, get to work. Time's wasting."

She prepared the yesterday's notes beside her, and began preparing all those ingredients. For 4 hours, there is no sound that could be heard beyond the sizzling of the fire and oil, knife work, and the shuffling of footsteps as the man and she prepared the food. She was able to complete the process of making 40 rations during that time.

As she looked at the man, she could see that the man was in a state of deep concentration. His eyes were glowing brightly as he used some kind of ocular spell. His hand worked carefully to prepare the dish he was in charge of. His dish began to take shape as he carefully plated the food and add the sauce and garnish.

The man barked an order for the server to take the dish to the respective officer. And then, he asked her,

"Why are you still here? aren't your job done already?"

She replied, "Sir, If I may, can I ask you to take me as a student?"

"Do you?" He asked, eyebrow rising.

He then did not continue and left the room.

Seeing that he left, she reported back to the receptionist.
Your getting better, good work.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
Daily cost of living is now 10G.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (16)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 4 (1695 EXP)
Quest: City Guard Training
Evaluation:
  • Trained as a city guard alongside Xin, Nora and Stal for a week
  • Passed the City Guard exam.
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't particularly interested in becoming a city guard. The only reason I applied for this, was so that I could unlock more quests to go on later! My partner in the exam was really tall, and I mean really tall and didn't really say much to me. His name was Xin, and seemed to be the stoic and silent type. But that suited me fine, since he was quite diligent in his training regardless. During the day we would report for training at the barracks together, often having lunch together afterwards too. Even though few words were said between us, passing time in a relatively comfortable quietness, we gradually became accustomed to each other's habits, techniques and tactics.

The other pair in our party was actually quite similar to us. One of them was quiet and calm(Nora), whilst the other(Stal) seemed to not mind it and talked to her regardless. The main problem was, all four of us were damage dealers, aka offensive members in a party. We did not have a single support or tank type class with us! It was unfortunate, but we consolidated our teamwork as best we could in exchange. We would often eat and chat together, slowly coming to understand each other's personalities and stuff. We even managed to hear Nora and Xin crack a few jokes! I feel I had made some great friends during this quest.

The exam itself, was not as intimidating as I thought it'd be. As a team, we fought against a group of examiners in a 4v4. Since my skillset was all-rounded, during the battle I would often switch between firing arrows, flinging spells and engaging in direct combat. My job was mainly to assist those who were struggling, since I could swap between my different abilities relatively easily. Basically, I filled the 'support' class of the team that we needed.

Xin was, despite the stoicness of his appearance, a barbarian. He swung ferociously at the examiners, occasionally battling more than one at once. He acted as our frontline, since he was quite tall and big, and was able to use his aggressiveness to fend off attacks. He was literally the embodiment of 'attacking is the best defence'.

Nora was a magic huntress, who sent arrows with varying magical effects imbued onto to them towards the examiners. Whenever Xin or I needed help, she would rapidly send out a spell that impairs the enemy or buffs us.

Stal was a rogue, that occasionally battled with the examiners upfront to lighten the load of the rest of us. Otherwise, he would mainly sneak attack the examiners that were already dueling with one of us.

Although our teamwork wasn't perfect, we were always willing to stop what we were doing and immediately go to help one of our teammates, which won the examiners over. Afterall, on a battlefield, or in a great war, the worst betrayal is when a comrade refuses to help you. After hugging each other over our success, we immediately headed towards the guild to hand in our respective reports.
TL;DR: Team was very offensive-based, ate and trained together often, the exam went well since we helped out each other so much, (nothing particularly special happened)
Good work passing the exam here's your certificate.
  • EXP: 250
  • Money: 20G
  • Item: City Guard Certificate
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Miku

Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:

Quest Report[FILLED]:

'Well three time's a charm. Let's do it!' she thought.

With the intent to ask the man to take her as a student, lib went to the adventurer guild once again and asked for the quest to cook 40 rations.

As she arrived at the kitchen, she found no one. In its place, there was a note saying, 'To those who took 'cooking rations' quest: All of the ingredients is on the shelves to the right. If you lack ingredients, you can ask one of the server to prepare it for you.'

With nothing else to do, she just prepared the rations. the time it took to complete the quest was still 4 hours. As she went back to report her quest, she met yesterday's server. She asked him about the chef, and said that today's work has already been done by Miss Monica who was another chef who worked here.

She went back and give the receptionist the requested 40 rations as the proof of the quest.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report:

'Well three time's a charm. Let's do it!' she thought.

With the intent to ask the man to take her as a student, lib went to the adventurer guild once again and asked for the quest to cook 40 rations.

As she arrived at the kitchen, she found no one. In its place, there was a note saying, 'To those who took 'cooking rations' quest: All of the ingredients is on the shelves to the right. If you lack ingredients, you can ask one of the server to prepare it for you.'

With nothing else to do, she just prepared the rations. the time it took to complete the quest was still 4 hours. As she went back to report her quest, she met yesterday's server. She asked him about the chef, and said that today's work has already been done by Miss Monica who was another chef who worked here.

She went back and give the receptionist the requested 40 rations as the proof of the quest.
That's a lot of rations you've been cooking there.

Last edited:

Miku

Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report[FILLED]:

'I'm not going to give up!' she thought as she woke up.

As yesterday was a failure, she took all of her notes she made during the work and committed it to her memory. After that, she went to the adventurer guild once again to take the job of cooking rations.

Inside of the kitchen, she met an unknown woman. The woman was possibly the miss Monica that the server mentioned yesterday. Seeing that that woman was focused on her dish, she decided to not bother her and work on her own ration making task.

As she was working on preparing the ingredients, the woman said, "Baldren's recipe huh. Appropriate for a beginner like you. As for the completion rate... 71% maximum."

Lib focused on the ingredients in front of her. Her mind already listed out the next step and the current work state. The woman still hovered behind her, looking at the current state of the rations.

"Throw out number 1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27, 31, 32, and 38 from the upper left." she ordered.

Hearing that order, Lib was confused. She felt that she followed the instruction perfectly.

"What are you waiting for? Now number 18, 19, 20 cannot be salvaged, so throw them out again."

Thinking that the woman must know better, Lib thrown them out and focused on working on the remaining rations.

"How slow. Number 2, 3 and 6 should be thrown out." The woman commented.

Lib began to feel her anger consuming herself. After taking a breath, she went back and continue her cooking. In the end, only 12 rations was deemed acceptable. While she put the batch in the storage, the woman said,

"How dull. Those rations you throw out are perfectly acceptable to eat. Don't you need those to eat, seeing that you need 10G to even live for a day?" She said with a mocking smile.

"Yes... ma'am." Lib replied.

"I suppose that's adventurer for you. Anyway, you still have to complete 26 pieces of rations. If you are not able to complete it in the next batch, I consider the quest failure. You understand?"

"..."

"I still haven't heard a reply. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Lib said weakly.

"Now, I guess I'll help you this time. Be grateful, adventurer. This one will teach you on how to judge the state of the ingredient. First thing first, can you use mana?"

"No, ma'am." Lib said, head downcast.

"Really? Don't you need it to cast your fancy magic? To use your crude body strengthening method?"

"I... I don't know, ma'am."

"Okay, quest failed. It would be futile if you try to. Bye."

The woman just left after that. As she left, Lib felt her knees weaken and tears forming in her eyes. after some time, she went back to the clerk and report her partial results.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report:

'I'm not going to give up!' she thought as she woke up.

As yesterday was a failure, she took all of her notes she made during the work and committed it to her memory. After that, she went to the adventurer guild once again to take the job of cooking rations.

Inside of the kitchen, she met an unknown woman. The woman was possibly the miss Monica that the server mentioned yesterday. Seeing that that woman was focused on her dish, she decided to not bother her and work on her own ration making task.

As she was working on preparing the ingredients, the woman said, "Baldren's recipe huh. Appropriate for a beginner like you. As for the completion rate... 71% maximum."

Lib focused on the ingredients in front of her. Her mind already listed out the next step and the current work state. The woman still hovered behind her, looking at the current state of the rations.

"Throw out number 1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27, 31, 32, and 38 from the upper left." she ordered.

Hearing that order, Lib was confused. She felt that she followed the instruction perfectly.

"What are you waiting for? Now number 18, 19, 20 cannot be salvaged, so throw them out again."

Thinking that the woman must know better, Lib thrown them out and focused on working on the remaining rations.

"How slow. Number 2, 3 and 6 should be thrown out." The woman commented.

Lib began to feel her anger consuming herself. After taking a breath, she went back and continue her cooking. In the end, only 12 rations was deemed acceptable. While she put the batch in the storage, the woman said,

"How dull. Those rations you throw out are perfectly acceptable to eat. Don't you need those to eat, seeing that you need 10G to even live for a day?" She said with a mocking smile.

"Yes... ma'am." Lib replied.

"I suppose that's adventurer for you. Anyway, you still have to complete 26 pieces of rations. If you are not able to complete it in the next batch, I consider the quest failure. You understand?"

"..."

"I still haven't heard a reply. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Lib said weakly.

"Now, I guess I'll help you this time. Be grateful, adventurer. This one will teach you on how to judge the state of the ingredient. First thing first, can you use mana?"

"No, ma'am." Lib said, head downcast.

"Really? Don't you need it to cast your fancy magic? To use your crude body strengthening method?"

"I... I don't know, ma'am."

"Okay, quest failed. It would be futile if you try to. Bye."

The woman just left after that. As she left, Lib felt her knees weaken and tears forming in her eyes. after some time, she went back to the clerk and report her partial results.
Partial completion here's your reward.
  • Money: 2G
OOC: Daily cost of living is now 10G.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Follow the River
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Explore the river near Scribel City
  • Update: Traveling downstream (south) seems to lead to a waterfall/marshland (source) (source)
  • Update: Traveling downstream on a southwest river fork seems to lead to the ocean (source)
  • Update: Traveling upstream (north) seems to lead to the port city of Spire Reef (source)
Description: Several adventurers spotted a river while on their quests (1) (2) (3). Where does it lead?
Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 30
Quest Report - Okarin

Several days after attempting to visit the city temple, Okarin finally mustered up the energy to attempt another quest.

By this point, Okarin had regrown many more inches and was now approximately the size of a 12-year-old. Green Slime was as gluttonous as always, and refused to go anywhere — it wanted to stay in the fields munching on grass all day. This was more or less becoming their routine. During the evenings, Okarin would find some rock or log to sleep underneath, and Green Slime would graze all day and night. During the day, Okarin would leave Green Slime alone and go off to do stuff — although Okarin always had a sinking fear in their stomach that a wandering adventurer would see Green Slime and promptly kill it.

It actually gave Okarin a surprising amount of anxiety.

Like, even doing something as mundane as walking to the Adventurer's Guild to submit a quest report filled Okarin with worry. They constantly thought about Green Slime, and had to resist the urge to run back and check on it every hour.

In either case, after a week Okarin was emotionally exhausted with dealing with this slime drama. They wanted to get away from the city.

...Like... really get away... far away.

Okarin found a quest report that seemed like it would take them far away, so they grabbed it immediately.

+ + +

Unwilling to leave Green Slime behind, Okarin simply picked it up from the ground. Okarin was much bigger now, so carrying the pillow-sized herb slime was no real issue. However, the big glutton was extremely displeased by this, and it wiggled angrily about having its meal interrupted.

Regardless, Okarin made their way to the river and looked upstream.

Last time, they had traveled south — but what laid north?

Okarin had spotted a quest report in the guild about a traveler who followed the river north to a port city called "Spire Reef".

Would things be better there? Would the people there also hate slimes? Okarin wanted to know.

+ + +

Over the next several days, Okarin slowly made their way upstream, following the northern banks of the river. They took a leisurely pace — because Green Slime liked to eat a lot — and they camped out underneath the stars. They encountered the typical Scribel Region forest fauna, like goblins and wolves, but Okarin had enough transformation tricks up their sleeve to frighten them away without much of a fight.

The course of the River was mostly steady. It was a good depth — deep enough for river barges — and Okarin judged that the river was mostly navigable. Of course, there were typical tough spots like sand bars, eddies, and hidden shoals that might be a dangerous obstacle for an inexperienced boatman, but overall it was generally manageable.

On the third day of Okarin's journey, they encountered a series of swift rapids. The slimeperson noted that this would probably be the most challenging section of the river. Only the most experienced navigators would dare crossing a spot like this, lest their boat get smashed up against rocks. Perhaps there was another way around?

After passing the Swift Rapids, the river broadened extensively, into what was clearly a new biome. This area seemed to be extremely dry and rocky — like badlands. There were dry shrubs, meandering gullies, rock crabs, and lots of red grayish rock. The rusted rock formations looked very strange. With the way that the river carved sharp snake-like corners, it was hard to see what be hiding around each corner.

It was here that Okarin encountered another group of travelers.

They were armed.

+ + +

"Oh my, what do we have here? A little girl? So far away from home?"

There was laughter among the gang of rogues.

"Don't you think it's a little dangerous around here? You know, cuz thieves and stuff." One of the sneered.

"Yeppo, bandits just love to snack on little girls. Tastiest things to munch on before dinner."

"Personally, I think they're better as dessert."

One of the travelers was enormous as a troll. In fact, Okarin, was almost positive that the man was in fact a troll. In fact, over half of the group of vagabonds was nonhuman. Okarin couldn't quite tell what all of their species were, but presumably they were mixed — some kind of half race. Many of them were missing limbs and heavily scarred, and they were clearly experienced. In fact, they were easily just as strong or even stronger than most of the adventurers in Scribel. Their equipment was high quality and deadly.

These weren't just ordinary run-off-the-mill rogues.

Okarin knew that they were outclassed from a single glance.

"So, little girl. Don't you think you should turn around and go home? We're pretty much as nice as people get around here."

"I'm looking for a place called Spire Reef. Do you know how I can get there?"

One the vagabonds instantly burst out into laughter.

"You — a kid — want to go to Spire Reef? Isn't it normally the other way around? Smelly girls like you are always trying to run away."

"Look, we're trying to be nice here. You're in pirate country. There are no laws here, and Spire Reef answers to no authority. I'm guessing you're a lass from that new tiny human city out in the boonies? Let me tell you — the world is a big place — and out here you bow to the Pirate Kings with their great armadas across all the seven seas."

"Let me put 1 + 1 together for you. We're pirates. We steal stuff. We smuggle stuff. We kill stuff. If it's illegal and we smell gold, we do it. Little girls like you can fetch a nice price on the market. You should check out the slave market in Spire Reef sometime. We've got half-elves from Tereldria and minotaurs from Sauros. Us pirates are better traders on the sea than anybody!"

Okarin didn't blink, and they were unfazed.

"I'm not a little girl though."

"Haha! You have a funny sense a humor, lassie."

"Which way is it to the pirate city?"

"Huh? Did you not hear anything that we said? If you follow the river — there is a fork up ahead. The northeastern branch runs downstream to the Spire Reef. The northwestern branch runs upstream to the mountains. A small hill marks the fork where the river splits. We like to call it Prisoner's Knoll."

"Thanks for your help. Can I go now?"

Okarin stood up and prepared to push their way through the group of vagabonds.

However, one of the outlaws with tentacles (seaweed?) for a beard stuck out his massive arm, blocking Okarin's path.

"Me thinks that the girlie has been quite rude. Me don't like."

"Me neither. Good call, Gumbo."

"Huh? Leaving already? But we were only just starting to get to know each other" A different vagabond flashed their half-rotting teeth.

"You know," one of original pirates spoke up. "Nothing runs for free here. We gave you advice. Did you think you could get a free lunch?"

"Give us your gold. Then we'll let you go."

+ + +

Okarin stared back at the group of pirates. All of them had their hands loosely on their weapons, although they did not look overly concerned. It seemed that they did not consider Okarin to be much of a threat. In fact, one of them was still laughing and taking a swig of booze out of their flagon.

"Are you robbing me?" Okarin asked simply.

The leader chuckled in response.

"Well, sure, if you want to see it that way. Although honestly, in pirate country it's more like we're saying 'hello'. It's not polite to greet someone without stabbing them first, you see? It's no fun drinking at a tavern unless there's a good brawl and a couple smashed bottles. You don't need to take it personally. You aren't friends with somebody until you've stabbed them at least once."

"Huh... I didn't know."

"So, you paying up or not?"

"Well..."

Okarin walked casually to the edge of the river and peered over the side. The water was quite deep here.

"C'mon, we don't got all day. Chit and Chux, go and grab 'er."

"Sorry. I don't wanna pay. I'm leaving now."

"???"

"It was nice talking. Byebye!"

The pirates stared blankly at Okarin as the supposed 12-year-old girl jumped unhesitatingly straight into the river, carrying a large green slime in her arms.

The swift current instantly swept the two of them away.

They floated downstream on a course that took them all the way back to Scribel City.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Slime Rescue
Sponsor
: Okarin
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Save the slimes!
  • Rescue 10 slimes and carry them out of the city.
  • Prevent an adventurer from killing a slime.
Description:
Slimes are people too! Save the slimes! Stop the endless killing! Fight for slime rights and love and peace!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 120
  • Items: 1x IOU ticket (signed by Okarin - redeemable at any time)
Today I decided do to a quest if only to break up the monotony of constantly filing reports. And besides slimes can be pretty cute if my herb slime is anything to base it on.

Anyway some slimes are big and some are small, the big ones remind me of a water pillow with how they ripple wherever you touch. The little one well other than being faster are also more skittish when picked up, generally trying to get away as soon as you pick them up which is weird because I don't remember them always being this timid. I resorted to putting two or three of them in my hat and tying the top closed. So after three trips were I carried one big slime in my arms and two to three in my hat I had delivered eleven slimes out into the local forest.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report - Okarin

Several days after attempting to visit the city temple, Okarin finally mustered up the energy to attempt another quest.

By this point, Okarin had regrown many more inches and was now approximately the size of a 12-year-old. Green Slime was as gluttonous as always, and refused to go anywhere — it wanted to stay in the fields munching on grass all day. This was more or less becoming their routine. During the evenings, Okarin would find some rock or log to sleep underneath, and Green Slime would graze all day and night. During the day, Okarin would leave Green Slime alone and go off to do stuff — although Okarin always had a sinking fear in their stomach that a wandering adventurer would see Green Slime and promptly kill it.

It actually gave Okarin a surprising amount of anxiety.

Like, even doing something as mundane as walking to the Adventurer's Guild to submit a quest report filled Okarin with worry. They constantly thought about Green Slime, and had to resist the urge to run back and check on it every hour.

In either case, after a week Okarin was emotionally exhausted with dealing with this slime drama. They wanted to get away from the city.

...Like... really get away... far away.

Okarin found a quest report that seemed like it would take them far away, so they grabbed it immediately.

+ + +

Unwilling to leave Green Slime behind, Okarin simply picked it up from the ground. Okarin was much bigger now, so carrying the pillow-sized herb slime was no real issue. However, the big glutton was extremely displeased by this, and it wiggled angrily about having its meal interrupted.

Regardless, Okarin made their way to the river and looked upstream.

Last time, they had traveled south — but what laid north?

Okarin had spotted a quest report in the guild about a traveler who followed the river north to a port city called "Spire Reef".

Would things be better there? Would the people there also hate slimes? Okarin wanted to know.

+ + +

Over the next several days, Okarin slowly made their way upstream, following the northern banks of the river. They took a leisurely pace — because Green Slime liked to eat a lot — and they camped out underneath the stars. They encountered the typical Scribel Region forest fauna, like goblins and wolves, but Okarin had enough transformation tricks up their sleeve to frighten them away without much of a fight.

The course of the River was mostly steady. It was a good depth — deep enough for river barges — and Okarin judged that the river was mostly navigable. Of course, there were typical tough spots like sand bars, eddies, and hidden shoals that might be a dangerous obstacle for an inexperienced boatman, but overall it was generally manageable.

On the third day of Okarin's journey, they encountered a series of swift rapids. The slimeperson noted that this would probably be the most challenging section of the river. Only the most experienced navigators would dare crossing a spot like this, lest their boat get smashed up against rocks. Perhaps there was another way around?

After passing the Swift Rapids, the river broadened extensively, into what was clearly a new biome. This area seemed to be extremely dry and rocky — like badlands. There were dry shrubs, meandering gullies, rock crabs, and lots of red grayish rock. The rusted rock formations looked very strange. With the way that the river carved sharp snake-like corners, it was hard to see what be hiding around each corner.

It was here that Okarin encountered another group of travelers.

They were armed.

+ + +

"Oh my, what do we have here? A little girl? So far away from home?"

There was laughter among the gang of rogues.

"Don't you think it's a little dangerous around here? You know, cuz thieves and stuff." One of the sneered.

"Yeppo, bandits just love to snack on little girls. Tastiest things to munch on before dinner."

"Personally, I think they're better as dessert."

One of the travelers was enormous as a troll. In fact, Okarin, was almost positive that the man was in fact a troll. In fact, over half of the group of vagabonds was nonhuman. Okarin couldn't quite tell what all of their species were, but presumably they were mixed — some kind of half race. Many of them were missing limbs and heavily scarred, and they were clearly experienced. In fact, they were easily just as strong or even stronger than most of the adventurers in Scribel. Their equipment was high quality and deadly.

These weren't just ordinary run-off-the-mill rogues.

Okarin knew that they were outclassed from a single glance.

"So, little girl. Don't you think you should turn around and go home? We're pretty much as nice as people get around here."

"I'm looking for a place called Spire Reef. Do you know how I can get there?"

One the vagabonds instantly burst out into laughter.

"You — a kid — want to go to Spire Reef? Isn't it normally the other way around? Smelly girls like you are always trying to run away."

"Look, we're trying to be nice here. You're in pirate country. There are no laws here, and Spire Reef answers to no authority. I'm guessing you're a lass from that new tiny human city out in the boonies? Let me tell you — the world is a big place — and out here you bow to the Pirate Kings with their great armadas across all the seven seas."

"Let me put 1 + 1 together for you. We're pirates. We steal stuff. We smuggle stuff. We kill stuff. If it's illegal and we smell gold, we do it. Little girls like you can fetch a nice price on the market. You should check out the slave market in Spire Reef sometime. We've got half-elves from Tereldria and minotaurs from Sauros. Us pirates are better traders on the sea than anybody!"

Okarin didn't blink, and they were unfazed.

"I'm not a little girl though."

"Haha! You have a funny sense a humor, lassie."

"Which way is it to the pirate city?"

"Huh? Did you not hear anything that we said? If you follow the river — there is a fork up ahead. The northeastern branch runs downstream to the Spire Reef. The northwestern branch runs upstream to the mountains. A small hill marks the fork where the river splits. We like to call it Prisoner's Knoll."

"Thanks for your help. Can I go now?"

Okarin stood up and prepared to push their way through the group of vagabonds.

However, one of the outlaws with tentacles (seaweed?) for a beard stuck out his massive arm, blocking Okarin's path.

"Me thinks that the girlie has been quite rude. Me don't like."

"Me neither. Good call, Gumbo."

"Huh? Leaving already? But we were only just starting to get to know each other" A different vagabond flashed their half-rotting teeth.

"You know," one of original pirates spoke up. "Nothing runs for free here. We gave you advice. Did you think you could get a free lunch?"

"Give us your gold. Then we'll let you go."

+ + +

Okarin stared back at the group of pirates. All of them had their hands loosely on their weapons, although they did not look overly concerned. It seemed that they did not consider Okarin to be much of a threat. In fact, one of them was still laughing and taking a swig of booze out of their flagon.

"Are you robbing me?" Okarin asked simply.

The leader chuckled in response.

"Well, sure, if you want to see it that way. Although honestly, in pirate country it's more like we're saying 'hello'. It's not polite to greet someone without stabbing them first, you see? It's no fun drinking at a tavern unless there's a good brawl and a couple smashed bottles. You don't need to take it personally. You aren't friends with somebody until you've stabbed them at least once."

"Huh... I didn't know."

"So, you paying up or not?"

"Well..."

Okarin walked casually to the edge of the river and peered over the side. The water was quite deep here.

"C'mon, we don't got all day. Chit and Chux, go and grab 'er."

"Sorry. I don't wanna pay. I'm leaving now."

"???"

"It was nice talking. Byebye!"

The pirates stared blankly at Okarin as the supposed 12-year-old girl jumped unhesitatingly straight into the river, carrying a large green slime in her arms.

The swift current instantly swept the two of them away.

They floated downstream on a course that took them all the way back to Scribel City.
Looks like we'll need to update our info on Spire Reef. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. (library entry updated)
We should post a quest in investigate this 'Pirate country' as they call it.
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 30

Last edited:

Feathers95

Investigating the Criminal Network
Sponsor
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Infiltrate the criminal network while undercover.
  • Gather intelligence about criminal activities.
Explanation:
The criminal gangs of Scribel are the sworn enemy of the City Guard. In order to stay one step ahead of crime, we need reliable information more than ever. Does this sound like a task that you're able to handle?

Rewards:
  • Money: 10-50G
Quest Report (17)
Name
Level: 4 (1945 EXP)
Quest: Investigating the Criminal Network
Evaluation:
  • Successfully investigated the missing persons' incident focused on those with beautiful eyes
  • Found a note on the body of a man, presumably one of the culprit's lackeys, ordering him to carve out the eyes of a certain prostitute, preserve them, and bring them to him. Written in the gambling hall owner's handwriting.
At the barracks where the city guards of Scribel would rest and train at, I heard some troubling rumours of a new gambling hall being opened on the southern side of town. It was relatively common knowledge that that particular area of the city was known to be more... unsavoury than others. With brothel houses, casinos, shady bars and many dangerously dark alleyways, it was safe to say that few people of more upright characters would traverse there. This new gambling hall was said to be owned by a rich merchant from afar, which quite obviously seemed to be a cover story. But the problem was that ever since that new gambling hall was opened up, the number of missing persons had increased. And the only thing that each of them had in common, was that they had beautiful eyes.

Safe to say, this was a quest that I felt compelled to take on. Afterall, I felt that I would make pretty good bait, with one of my eyes resembling the fiery rage of a dragon and the other matching the cruel coldness of an ice phoenix. After putting on an appropriately revealing outfit with my hidden dagger, I applied to be a prostitute at one of the brothel houses. Afterall, I had to make contact with the target somehow right? It wasn't a nice feeling being stared at so obviously during that time, nor being partially groped every now and then, but I told myself over and over again that this was for the greater good. Fortunately, when a client went upstairs with me, I could easily just knock them out and stuff them with alcohol so that nothing else would progress.

One might ask, why I was so adamant on taking on this quest. But the reason was simple, little Folke was one of the missing people. Yes, the little boy I saved from the sewers all those weeks ago. The one who grew attached to me after his rescue, and whom I would visit from time to time to chat and play with. The one whose irises matched the colour of my fiery left eye, had gone missing. I could only pray that he was still alive.

Fortunately, it seemed that the target couldn't wait much longer after seeing my peculiar eyes. One day, after arriving at a private room upstairs, I was suddenly hit on the back of the head. Although I was still conscious, I pretended to faint and was stuffed into a burlap sack and taken somewhere, the client jumping out the window to make his escape through the alleyways. It was difficult to tell where I was going, but based on the sounds I heard I could faintly estimate which direction we travelled in. Before long, we arrived at a certain building, close by to the gambling hall based on the loud music and cheering ringing through my ears.

Just as the sack was loosened and I was pulled out of the bag, with my eyes pretending to be faintly groggy so that I could see the situation, I viciously struck the hidden dagger beneath my skirt into the skull of the man about to carve out my eyes. Yes, you heard that right, he was just about to carve out my eyes. Horrified, I fumbled about his dead body for any clues before dashing away from the scene. Unfortunately, it seemed that the man was just a lackey of the true culprit. But also, fortunately, I found a note with the culprit's handwriting on it, ordering the lackey to carve out a certain prostitute's eyes and bring them to him for an outrageous sum of gold.

You know, I should've been happy. It was clearly a mission success, and I was sure that the culprit would be arrested soon. But tears still fell from my eyes as I went back to the tavern and changed clothes. The reason being, that there was very little chance, that Folke was still alive.

(Posts mentioning Folke if interested: 1 | 2 | 3)
TL;DR: Heard news about a new gambling hall with a suspicious owner, heard about a recent increase in missing people, particularly those with beautiful eyes, became a prostitute while undercover to lure the culprit out, was briefly abducted to a dark alley behind the gambling hall, killed the abductor and found the incriminating note before heading back.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (17)
Name
Level: 4 (1945 EXP)
Quest: Investigating the Criminal Network
Evaluation:
  • Successfully investigated the missing persons' incident focused on those with beautiful eyes
  • Found a note on the body of a man, presumably one of the culprit's lackeys, ordering him to carve out the eyes of a certain prostitute, preserve them, and bring them to him. Written in the gambling hall owner's handwriting.
At the barracks where the city guards of Scribel would rest and train at, I heard some troubling rumours of a new gambling hall being opened on the southern side of town. It was relatively common knowledge that that particular area of the city was known to be more... unsavoury than others. With brothel houses, casinos, shady bars and many dangerously dark alleyways, it was safe to say that few people of more upright characters would traverse there. This new gambling hall was said to be owned by a rich merchant from afar, which quite obviously seemed to be a cover story. But the problem was that ever since that new gambling hall was opened up, the number of missing persons had increased. And the only thing that each of them had in common, was that they had beautiful eyes.

Safe to say, this was a quest that I felt compelled to take on. Afterall, I felt that I would make pretty good bait, with one of my eyes resembling the fiery rage of a dragon and the other matching the cruel coldness of an ice phoenix. After putting on an appropriately revealing outfit with my hidden dagger, I applied to be a prostitute at one of the brothel houses. Afterall, I had to make contact with the target somehow right? It wasn't a nice feeling being stared at so obviously during that time, nor being partially groped every now and then, but I told myself over and over again that this was for the greater good. Fortunately, when a client went upstairs with me, I could easily just knock them out and stuff them with alcohol so that nothing else would progress.

One might ask, why I was so adamant on taking on this quest. But the reason was simple, little Folke was one of the missing people. Yes, the little boy I saved from the sewers all those weeks ago. The one who grew attached to me after his rescue, and whom I would visit from time to time to chat and play with. The one whose irises matched the colour of my fiery left eye, had gone missing. I could only pray that he was still alive.

Fortunately, it seemed that the target couldn't wait much longer after seeing my peculiar eyes. One day, after arriving at a private room upstairs, I was suddenly hit on the back of the head. Although I was still conscious, I pretended to faint and was stuffed into a burlap sack and taken somewhere, the client jumping out the window to make his escape through the alleyways. It was difficult to tell where I was going, but based on the sounds I heard I could faintly estimate which direction we travelled in. Before long, we arrived at a certain building, close by to the gambling hall based on the loud music and cheering ringing through my ears.

Just as the sack was loosened and I was pulled out of the bag, with my eyes pretending to be faintly groggy so that I could see the situation, I viciously struck the hidden dagger beneath my skirt into the skull of the man about to carve out my eyes. Yes, you heard that right, he was just about to carve out my eyes. Horrified, I fumbled about his dead body for any clues before dashing away from the scene. Unfortunately, it seemed that the man was just a lackey of the true culprit. But also, fortunately, I found a note with the culprit's handwriting on it, ordering the lackey to carve out a certain prostitute's eyes and bring them to him for an outrageous sum of gold.

You know, I should've been happy. It was clearly a mission success, and I was sure that the culprit would be arrested soon. But tears still fell from my eyes as I went back to the tavern and changed clothes. The reason being, that there was very little chance, that Folke was still alive.
TL;DR: Heard news about a new gambling hall with a suspicious owner, heard about a recently increase in missing people, particularly those with beautiful eyes, became a prostitute while undercover to lure the culprit out, was briefly abducted to a dark alley behind the gambling hall, killed the abductor and found the incriminating note before heading back.
The guild thanks you for the valuable information, a follow up quest with be available shortly.
  • Money: 40G

Last edited:

Silver

Night Watch
Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Requirements
Level 1
Objectives
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Description
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward
EXP: 25Money: 10GItems: n/a
Quest: Night Watch
Name: Cassel
Level: 2 (200 Exp)
Report:
After finishing his training with Felicia and buying a new sword from the shop she recommended. He headed out to fulfill his promise he made to his friend for helping him train. Taking night watch, the very thing he took sword training to avoid was what he had to do for the next few days how ironic.

Looking up at the night sky, he thought that it was at least it was better then flying off waterfall. He did enjoy the walking...just that never mind.

Focusing on the task on hand he idly watched as nothing happened and the usual cries and sounds made their rounds in the night. No real movement could be found throughout the night even when he concentrated minus the bugs and occasional animal peeking from the forest.

Anyways he changed his shift...with a new guard. Apparently his friend was always taking extra shifts since he always ended up spending most of his money on food and anything else that caught his eye. But, today it looked like he wanted to sleep in.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Level: 2 (200 Exp)
Report:
After finishing his training with Felicia and buying a new sword from the shop she recommended. He headed out to fulfill his promise he made to his friend for helping him train. Taking night watch, the very thing he took sword training to avoid was what he had to do for the next few days how ironic.

Looking up at the night sky, he thought that it was at least it was better then flying off waterfall. He did enjoy the walking...just that never mind.

Focusing on the task on hand he idly watched as nothing happened and the usual cries and sounds made their rounds in the night. No real movement could be found throughout the night even when he concentrated minus the bugs and occasional animal peeking from the forest.

Anyways he changed his shift...with a new guard. Apparently his friend was always taking extra shifts since he always ended up spending most of his money on food and anything else that caught his eye. But, today it looked like he wanted to sleep in.
Thanks for keeping watch here's your reward.
  • EXP: 25

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Office Work
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel city government.
Explanation:
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild? Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day? Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse? Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!

Rewards:
I wanted to do this quest the day I arrived at the guild, but at that time, my writing and reading skills were not yet up to par. However, after extensively studying the written language in the last few days, I can confidently take this quest. They may not expect much of me, a new adventurer, however - I will be sure to exceed their expectations.

After accepting the quest, I am escorted into an office in the back of the building, with a nice table, pen, and mountains of paper, waiting to be processed. I barely notice the well-wishes of the receptionist as I seat myself at the table, adjust my glasses, and take the first batch of paper. It seems to be a list of expenditures along with receipts noting the things bought and at which price they were bought. A simple task - I quickly compare the numbers within 2 minutes and 12 seconds, mark the two decimal errors, and note a purchase that most likely was for personal purposes before moving to the next batch.

Another list, and another batch of receipts. This time without errors. Seems like this one stack consists entirely of these things. This one only took 1 minute and 36 seconds. Won't take long before I clear the whole stack.

2 hours and 3 minutes later I have cleared the first stack of paperwork, consisting of a total of 64 lists, one of which essentially consists of private purchases made with money belonging to the guild. Marked as using guild money for personal gain. Perhaps a lawsuit from the guild will follow.

Onwards to the next stack.

This one is simple as well - another 64 forms, these applying for additional funds, along with a list of criteria to judge their validity and classify their importance. I breeze through it within 56 minutes and 44 seconds.

I proceed to clear my table of stacks of paperwork, finishing with the last paper as the receptionist walks in to check my progress. Ignoring the baffled look I receive I adjust my glasses and question:

"Ah, there you are. I was just about to get to you. What should I work on next?"

After also adjusting his glasses the receptionist answers: "Well, I never expected you to be finished so quickly. Your work will have to be controlled, of course, but you were a great help. Next up would be sorting papers until your work is evaluated, then you can return to doing paperwork."

"Lead the way." What an easy quest.

After spending the required 24 hours within the guild's offices, sorting, controlling, and processing paperwork with mechanical precision, I finally leave. Quite satisfied with the results as well, though I barely made a dent in the disorganization and mountains of paperwork.

Last edited:

Fossil

Mafia Addict
River Crossing
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Examine the river near Scribel City.
  • Assess if there is any spot on the river appropriate for:
    • Fording the river on foot
    • Building a ferry pier
    • Building a bridge
  • Assess if there are any dangerous spots on the waterway.
Description:
The City Guild believes there is economic value to establishing a river crossing. Please go to the river for prospecting and report back with your findings.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 60
Waking up the next day, I slowly stroked Hana's fur who laid on top of me. She was an adorable red fox, yet quite silent as well. After all, she barely said a word since we arrived here! Speaking of that, I have quite a bit to do here now that I have nowhere to live again, and my powers aren't very strong at all. So I decided to go over to the Adventurer's Guild and grab my rewards before spending it all on writing supplies. They were quite expensive, but it included a book for me to write spells down on, making it a lot easier to prepare spells and for ritual casting.

I also used it to make a list of my priorities in this world, namely:
  1. Increase my magic capacity
  2. Relearn how to absorb Ki
  3. Form a permanent form of shelter in the forest
  4. Make friends with some of the creatures living in this world
  5. Learn how to read the common language of this plane
It was a plain list, sure, but it still helped me get a grip on what I needed to do. Which is why I decided to, yet again, find a task. Right now my main issue is a lack of funds, which is sadly important in human culture. My magic and Ki should return to me in due time as I get used to this plane, so the more important part to worry about is food and shelter. Food was much less of an issue, of course, due to the forest providing plenty and my ability to make goodberries. Despite that, a shelter was still very much necessary.

The quest that I chose should, in theory, help me get one. With some help from the attendant, I selected a quest about prospecting a bridge location at the river I was at yesterday. And, sleeping there last night, I know quite a bit about it. However, the more important aspect was that I didn't even need to return to finish the quest. Instead, I walked up to the receptionist's desk and said in Sylvan, "There should be several spots to form a bridge over the southern river. Depending on the method, it can even be formed across the widest part. However, there's a narrow part of the river right by one of the veins of glowstone. I can show you on the map I made yesterday." I paused for a bit before continuing, "Additionally, I'd be able to help construct the bridge if need be. I can use some spells to mold the earth into a bridge while still letting the river flow through, or I can magically grow a living tree into a bridge."

As I was explaining, I also got to working on a map for possible bridge locations before turning it in and looking for a second quest to work on.
Evaluated by Zoey

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
I wanted to do this quest the day I arrived at the guild, but at that time, my writing and reading skills were not yet up to par. However, after extensively studying the written language in the last few days, I can confidently take this quest. They may not expect much of me, a new adventurer, however - I will be sure to exceed their expectations.

After accepting the quest, I am escorted into an office in the back of the building, with a nice table, pen, and mountains of paper, waiting to be processed. I barely notice the well-wishes of the receptionist as I seat myself at the table, adjust my glasses, and take the first batch of paper. It seems to be a list of expenditures along with receipts noting the things bought and at which price they were bought. A simple task - I quickly compare the numbers within 2 minutes and 12 seconds, mark the two decimal errors, and note a purchase that most likely was for personal purposes before moving to the next batch.

Another list, and another batch of receipts. This time without errors. Seems like this one stack consists entirely of these things. This one only took 1 minute and 36 seconds. Won't take long before I clear the whole stack.

2 hours and 3 minutes later I have cleared the first stack of paperwork, consisting of a total of 64 lists, one of which essentially consists of private purchases made with money belonging to the guild. Marked as using guild money for personal gain. Perhaps a lawsuit from the guild will follow.

Onwards to the next stack.

This one is simple as well - another 64 forms, these applying for additional funds, along with a list of criteria to judge their validity and classify their importance. I breeze through it within 56 minutes and 44 seconds.

I proceed to clear my table of stacks of paperwork, finishing with the last paper as the receptionist walks in to check my progress. Ignoring the baffled look I receive I adjust my glasses and question:

"Ah, there you are. I was just about to get to you. What should I work on next?"

After also adjusting his glasses the receptionist answers: "Well, I never expected you to be finished so quickly. Your work will have to be controlled, of course, but you were a great help. Next up would be sorting papers until your work is evaluated, then you can return to doing paperwork."

"Lead the way." What an easy quest.

After spending the required 24 hours within the guild's offices, sorting, controlling, and processing paperwork with mechanical precision, I finally leave. Quite satisfied with the results as well, though I barely made a dent in the disorganization and mountains of paperwork.
... Huh...

That sure was something. Here's your reward.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion:
My second experience of hunting slimes was rather uneventful. My technique of using a bottle with tongs to try and take out the core worked fairly well, but I ended up dropping and breaking one of my bottles towards the end of the venture. Seems like I may end up breaking bottles if I do this often. As such, I will probably not be doing this type of work again.
I did notice something odd in the sewers though. A couple of the sewer tunnels were completely picked clean of any kind of trash or waste. The waters were completely clean in those areas and there were no slimes in those tunnels as well. Though odd, it may be a concerned citizen cleaning the sewers rather than a sign of anything peculiar.
Quest Items Given: 10 slime cores
Appraised and Approved by: Receptionist Konaha

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Waking up the next day, I slowly stroked Hana's fur who laid on top of me. She was an adorable red fox, yet quite silent as well. After all, she barely said a word since we arrived here! Speaking of that, I have quite a bit to do here now that I have nowhere to live again, and my powers aren't very strong at all. So I decided to go over to the Adventurer's Guild and grab my rewards before spending it all on writing supplies. They were quite expensive, but it included a book for me to write spells down on, making it a lot easier to prepare spells and for ritual casting.

I also used it to make a list of my priorities in this world, namely:
  1. Increase my magic capacity
  2. Relearn how to absorb Ki
  3. Form a permanent form of shelter in the forest
  4. Make friends with some of the creatures living in this world
  5. Learn how to read the common language of this plane
It was a plain list, sure, but it still helped me get a grip on what I needed to do. Which is why I decided to, yet again, find a task. Right now my main issue is a lack of funds, which is sadly important in human culture. My magic and Ki should return to me in due time as I get used to this plane, so the more important part to worry about is food and shelter. Food was much less of an issue, of course, due to the forest providing plenty and my ability to make goodberries. Despite that, a shelter was still very much necessary.

The quest that I chose should, in theory, help me get one. With some help from the attendant, I selected a quest about prospecting a bridge location at the river I was at yesterday. And, sleeping there last night, I know quite a bit about it. However, the more important aspect was that I didn't even need to return to finish the quest. Instead, I walked up to the receptionist's desk and said in Sylvan, "There should be several spots to form a bridge over the southern river. Depending on the method, it can even be formed across the widest part. However, there's a narrow part of the river right by one of the veins of glowstone. I can show you on the map I made yesterday." I paused for a bit before continuing, "Additionally, I'd be able to help construct the bridge if need be. I can use some spells to mold the earth into a bridge while still letting the river flow through, or I can magically grow a living tree into a bridge."

As I was explaining, I also got to working on a map for possible bridge locations before turning it in and looking for a second quest to work on.
Thanks for your help in finding a satisfactory location to build a bridge. OOC: @Yorth we have a bridge.
  • EXP: 60

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion:
My second experience of hunting slimes was rather uneventful. My technique of using a bottle with tongs to try and take out the core worked fairly well, but I ended up dropping and breaking one of my bottles towards the end of the venture. Seems like I may end up breaking bottles if I do this often. As such, I will probably not be doing this type of work again.
I did notice something odd in the sewers though. A couple of the sewer tunnels were completely picked clean of any kind of trash or waste. The waters were completely clean in those areas and there were no slimes in those tunnels as well. Though odd, it may be a concerned citizen cleaning the sewers rather than a sign of anything peculiar.
Quest Items Given: 10 slime cores
Ten cores received, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 75
OOC: Hey I think you need to multiply your current money by 10 unless you've already done so.

Last edited:

Silver

Night Watch
Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Requirements
Level 1
Objectives
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Description
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward
EXP: 25Money: 10GItems: n/a
Level: 2 (225 Exp)
Report:
Grabbing another shift, he headed to the same post as last time and idly watched the darkness beyond the walls once more. Maybe he should take Felicia classes on fire magic to make things a little more interesting. The guild were mainly concerned about collateral damage so throwing a few flares around to see wouldn't hurt.

But, that would be for later. He still remembered how sore he was when he started her sword training. He didn't want to find out what magic would do to him. The night unlike his initial thoughts was boring with the same old happening. Nothing...

Switching with the guard from last time in the morning. He was about to head back until Jerry dragged him away.

Last edited: