Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Yorth

Swordman
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: City of Scribel
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 1G

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(135Exp))
Quest: Night Watch

Report:

Using my magic sight again, I went back to the sewer and looked for traces of slimes. This time, there wasn't corpses or anything. At least, not human corpses. There seems to have been a fight between the rodents and the slimes. And the slimes surprisingly won? Either way, when I came, I found a bunch of them eating away at the rodents. This time, I didn't have to worry about not hitting the corpses. I just blasted them with fire magic and the rest is history.

I collected the slime cores, but before going back to the guild, I checked the rodents' corpses. There was a green liquid coming out of their mouths. The stupid bastards ate the slimes but they were too acidic for their stomach. This explains how the slimes were able to win. The rodents, poisoned from eating the slimes couldn't do much against the remaining ones and as such died under their attack.

Retrieved: 10 slime cores.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(135Exp))

Report:

Using my magic sight again, I went back to the sewer and looked for traces of slimes. This time, there wasn't corpses or anything. At least, not human corpses. There seems to have been a fight between the rodents and the slimes. And the slimes surprisingly won? Either way, when I came, I found a bunch of them eating away at the rodents. This time, I didn't have to worry about not hitting the corpses. I just blasted them with fire magic and the rest is history.

I collected the slime cores, but before going back to the guild, I checked the rodents' corpses. There was a green liquid coming out of their mouths. The stupid bastards ate the slimes but they were too acidic for their stomach. This explains how the slimes were able to win. The rodents, poisoned from eating the slimes couldn't do much against the remaining ones and as such died under their attack.

Retrieved: 10 slime cores.
Everything looks good. *Stamps papers*

Reward
On a side note, please be careful with fire even in the sewers as there could be flammables down there that could spread to the city proper.

Last edited:

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
After I finished looking over Sir Robert's report and submitting the approval of his success, I got back to my seat that was, before I knew it, covered in a pile of reports. Seriously, I knew the place was understaffed but pushing reports on to new adventurers probably isn't the best of ideas. Well, it's getting late and it's not like I have anything better to do, so I guess I can do some of these.

Just as I was about to begin with the first report of the pile, a soft voice interrupted me.

"Um, excuse me, is this where I hand in my report?"

A Japanese shrine maiden with a fox ear and tail appeared before me. Wonder what gal game she's from? But on a serious note, I guess this really is a fantasy world, I mean I know about the slimes and stuff from the last report but you can't call it a fantasy without beast girls~ or at least that's something She would definitely say. Anyways it seemed that I was staring at her for too long since the girl's face seems to have started to cramp a little.

"Ah no sorry, I mean yeah, I guess this is where you hand it in?" I said while scratching my cheek, I mean I guess giving it directly to someone to read isn't wrong.

"Oh no worries, you aren't the first to stare. But anyways I would like to submit my report please." The girl said after fixing her smile, hmm guess beastmen are rare here too? She took out a neatly folded paper and handed it to me with quite a graceful manner. After receiving the paper from her, she politely bowed before walking away tiredly, wonder what happened to her?

After watching her back leave the guild I decided to get back to work, let's see...

It's Time to be a Maid!
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as cleaning the Tavern.
  • Help out around the Tavern.
Explanation:
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live? Since it's owned by the government, the city will pay for you to work there. Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:
  • EXP: 10

It was disheartening to see the list of quests available. Not only were there no tasks appropriate for a priestess, but the payment was also painfully low.

On the other hand, they weren't particularly troublesome for the most part, though I wonder how harmless are the slimes of this world to make killing 10 of them worth barely enough to live one day... Back home a slime was something terrifying enough to make people evacuate entire villages when they approached.

I suppose it's a good thing that they aren't very dangerous though, it might mean this world is more peaceful than mine, which is always a good thing.

Nonetheless, I had to make a living somehow, so I took this task that seemed fairly simple and went to the tavern to see what help might be needed.

Once I entered the place, I instantly felt the disgusting smell of alcohol fill the air... Moreover, there was something else that smelled horrible in here... Is that a man puking? Oh, goddess, that is definitely a man puking on the ground... This really is not a place befitting of a priestess.

Taking a deep breath, I moved towards the counter to see with the bartender if he could tell me what were the details of my job... Once I got close however, I started to notice he was a bit too big, his body must be easily over 2m tall, maybe 2.50m even, not to mention his extremely bulky body... Is this really the standard of a barkeeper? Why would they need such big physique for such a job? I hope it's not to fight troublemakers within the establishment, it would be considerably troublesome if this was such a common occurrence to the point someone this strong is needed in here... I'd prefer to go through this day peacefully.

I was already regretting my decision of coming here, but it was still important to finish the task, it would do no good to blemish the name of the goddess by failing to fulfill the duties I have taken.

With my mind made up, I slowly approached the counter and once again noticed how out of the norm his build was, if the temple had someone like this around, then there is no way those people would have dared to attack it... No, stop thinking about this kind of thing, Nene, it's pointless to worry about the past now.

I took a deep breath and called the attention of the Barkeeper, "Excuse me, who could I speak with in order to clear the task of working as a maid for a day within the tavern?"

He slowly turned around to look at me, and when he did... I saw an Orc. A terrifying Orc was cleaning a mug behind the counter of a tavern.... My surprise was such that I jumped backwards and fell on the ground while making an embarrassing yell... That was a terrible start.

The Orc however, just laughed, and so did the other patrons at the establishment, which ruined any remaining dignity I had in me... Once the monster behind the counter stopped laughing though, he gave me a gentle smile and said, "No worries, happens to almost everyone in their first time." It made me feel slightly better that I wasn't the only one that had this reaction at least... Regardless, the Orc continued, "I'm Pierre, you?" And that was the most un-Orc-like name I ever heard of... Weren't them usually named with extremely brutal names that are hard to even pronounce?

It was none of my business I suppose... I slowly got up while brushing of the dust of my robes before replying, "Nene."

"Well Nene, you just need to go to the kitchen, get an apron and a mop and start working! What we don't lack are places to clean here!" He said with a proud tone... That's disgusting. "Hey, don't look at me like that, we're understaffed after the last maid quit after giving birth, so we're really in need of some helping hands." I see... At least he is aware that the tavern is supposed to be kept clean then.

I answered him cleanly, "Very well, I'll see what I can do." and then entered the door to the kitchen... Which was a mess. How do people even cook inside here? Won't the clients get sick if they eat food cooked in this kind of place?

I heaved a deep sigh, it seems like today will be a long long day... And all this will only pay me enough to eat for one day? This is quite the extortion, don't the gods of this world teach how to respect the work of others?

Well, nothing will get done if I just lament the condition of the surroundings though, so let's get started... I asked around for an apron, a mop, a clean rag and a bucket of water, and the people inside were glad to give those to me, though the "clean" rag was not nearly clean enough.

After thoroughly washing the rag until it was in acceptable conditions, I started cleaning the kitchen's floor, though it was a slow process as I had to dodge the cooks that were working on a clearly hectic schedule. Once that was done, I started helping with cleaning a few of the apparatus that weren't being used, though I never had the chance of cleaning the ovens as those always had at least one cook needing them... A pity.

Next was to clean the dishes which were piled on top of one another, they had already ran out of clean dishes and were just quickly scrubbing the dirty ones in order to reuse them... That is just asking to get their patrons sick, dear goddess, those people are hopeless... Or rather, whoever thought it was better to pay a misery for someone to clean up the place for them every now and then is the hopeless one, they should be more aware of the harm they are bringing to the citizens of this town.

It took a few hours to finally be done with the dishes, because there was a constant influx of new dirty dishes to be washed that seemed to never stop coming... And once that was over, my back was in pain and my arms needed to rest... Alas, I didn't really have much time to slack, or more dirty dishes would soon flood the kitchen.

So in order to avoid getting tangled on that again, I took the mop and went to the part of the tavern that had the patrons, and then started cleaning the floor there... It was good to change positions a bit as that avoided the pain getting worse, but... Dear goddess, this place is absurdly dirty. I never imagined it was possible to have so much puke gathered together in one establishment, how do people still come here even with those conditions is beyond me.

Surprisingly though, it was actually easier to work in this area than it was in the kitchen, for the patrons actively helped me in getting any tableware or knocked out people out of the way and let me clean in peace. I suppose they were also bothered by the dirt... It's good to know that they have at least this much common sense, even if they don't have enough sense to not come to a place as dirty as this one in the first place.

When I finished this part, I hurried back to the kitchen to find... Yet another pile of dirty dishes waiting for me... Good grief.

By the time I was done with that one, it was already near sunset, so I gave them back the apron and the tools I used, ate something at the tavern (which went into Pierre's tab) and then went back to the guild to report a job well done... And also used the opportunity to file a complaint against whoever was the owner of the tavern as they clearly weren't promoting a safe environment for the workers nor the patrons that were within the establishment.

... Yeah, I can see now why she was tired, honestly, I'm surprised she was still able to keep a polite smile on after going through that messy hell. After going through the report again and seeing that everything was in order, I stamped the report with a completed mark and went to go tell one of the guild staff to deliver the reward to Nene, wherever she's staying... Actually now that I think of it since when did I have a stamp?

Deciding it was better to leave that question for later, Nene's report, however, did remind of the fact that I haven't eaten anything since I came to this world. Getting up I decided to visit the tavern to get some food to eat, besides its not every day you get to see an orc~ Or maybe it is?

Llamadragon

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor: City of Scribel
Objectives:
  • Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 0 - 100
  • Money: 1 - 10G
I was out gathering earlier today when I ran into the smell of blood from multiple people. Someone has attempted to wipe out the tracks of a skirmish but did a hasty job - the bloodscent led to a site where the earth has been disturbed and everything points to it being a grave. I'm guesstimating that a handful or so people were involved but I'm not able to tell for sure. I also opted not to disturb the grave. At minimum, I'm suggesting sending in clergy to make sure the poor soul/s don't go undead.

The site is located three miles north of the town, close to the river. Follow the left riverbank until a few hundred meters before the fork in the river, and you'll find a white piece of cloth that I tied around a tree. That's the approximate location.

FenrIIrz

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
I just came back from the North-East 2 miles away from the town. In the forest, there are two packs of wolves. . . just 3-5 members in each pack roaming around. I also spotted some goblins' tracks around the hill and riverbank, if we don't do something they might take in the wolf packs and train the riders. From the footprints I found, I estimated that this goblin has around 12 members hiding somewhere upstream.

Woods around there seems different from Scribel, It is stronger and more flexible than wood we used in construction. Maybe some carpenter will interest in this information.

On the return trip, I encountered a bunch decomposed corpses mostly animals and goblins that likely to be a work of the slimes. It looks like we have to take care of this problem sooner than expected.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
I was out gathering earlier today when I ran into the smell of blood from multiple people. Someone has attempted to wipe out the tracks of a skirmish but did a hasty job - the bloodscent led to a site where the earth has been disturbed and everything points to it being a grave. I'm guesstimating that a handful or so people were involved but I'm not able to tell for sure. I also opted not to disturb the grave. At minimum, I'm suggesting sending in clergy to make sure the poor soul/s don't go undead.

The site is located three miles north of the town, close to the river. Follow the left riverbank until a few hundred meters before the fork in the river, and you'll find a white piece of cloth that I tied around a tree. That's the approximate location.
A Quest will be put out pertaining to the problem stated in your report.

For the information provided you will receive a reward of 3G and 50 EXP.
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 2G

Last edited:

Yorth

Swordman

Interesting. It might be bandits fighting each other, or maybe these people are related to those found in the sewers before? Who knows, but things definitely seem sketchy. We need adventurers to reach higher levels fast to uncover these mysteries!

Quest Rewards
50 Exp
2 G

Yorth

Swordman
A Quest will be put out pertaining to the problem stated in your report.

For the information provided you will receive a reward of 3G and 50 EXP.
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 2G
Oh, there seems to be a double. Good thing we gave the same rewards. Either way, the first one is the one that counts

Yorth

Swordman
I just came back from the North-East 2 miles away from the town. In the forest, there are two packs of wolves. . . just 3-5 members in each pack roaming around. I also spotted some goblins' tracks around the hill and riverbank, if we don't do something they might take in the wolf packs and train the riders. From the footprints I found, I estimated that this goblin has around 12 members hiding somewhere upstream.

Woods around there seems different from Scribel, It is stronger and more flexible than wood we used in construction. Maybe some carpenter will interest in this information.

On the return trip, I encountered a bunch decomposed corpses mostly animals and goblins that likely to be a work of the slimes. It looks like we have to take care of this problem sooner than expected.

Two discoveries at once? What a treat! We should definitely keep an eye on those goblins, a shame that no one is at the level yet to subjugate them. Maybe in a few days?

As for the wood, we might have some quest to scavenge it. We might use it for our fences and gates.

Quest Reward:

80 Exp

3 G

Yorth

Swordman
Title: Thousands of slimes???? (urgent limited edition quest)
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Investigate if the allegations are true.
  • Assess the damage and the threat.
  • Identify any survivors.
Description:
A recent quest report suggested there may be a colony of thousands of slimes in the Scribel City Area... which overran a settlement. If true, that is a terrifying idea! Investigate the surrounding area for the presence of a large quantity of slimes.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 200
  • Money: 5

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 2)

Report:

As the one who reported the emergency to the guild, I felt compelled to check the veracity of the information. After leveling up, I felt a gush of strength rush through my body. I became faster, stronger, and more importantly, had better control over my mana. I was now able to control the path of my fireballs, ever so slightly. My mana reserves were also slightly bigger.

After stocking up on mana potions which cost me 3 G for a pack of ten, I took the quest and headed for the bandit settlement at dawn. I had already talked with Frank the previous night and got directions from him. He seemed happy with his new home as the guards offered food and safety.

I reached the place Frank directed me to, but frankly, even without direction, I would have known that I did. What I saw was horrifying. Acres of forest and trees were melted into a green mush while the slime continued crawling slowly in every direction. The only thing that stayed of the settlement were undistinguishable runes covered with green mush.

After looking at their movements for two hours from a safe distance, I concluded that the city wasn't their immediate target. In fact, they didn't seem to have a target at all. They just kept spreading in every direction, trying to cover as much land as possible. It seems that they were scouting for something or someone. Either way, this bought us much needed time to prepare.

@Zoey for evaluation

Last edited:

kilnareth

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

After picking up the quest from the reception desk, I headed toward the northern forest where Brightweed could be found. I had thought that since the basic flora around the outer region had hints of mana, I had wondered how it would affect the fauna. From my observations between morning up until the sun was at its peak, I have found that Brightweed is more abundant the more one ventured deeper into the forest. Not only that, beasts that could manipulate mana can be seen in what I would assume the inner region of the forest. Luckily I was able to buy some materials to map out the area so I wouldn't get lost, and was hoping that this would catch me a high price if I sell it.

But as I was about to conclude my observations and end the day, I made a shocking discovery. It was a magical beast that looked like a large boar with dark brown fur, a white mane and large tusks that could pierce a whole man through. It's gaze and aura was feral, unlike the usual magical beasts I've encountered, but more importantly was the fluctuation of mana around the boar. It was erratic and violent as it grew rapidly with no signs of stopping while it gorged itself upon the carcass of a tiger-like magical beast. I thought that with my concealing abilities that I would be undetected but the moment I had laid eyes on the feral beast, it sensed it and turned its head towards me.

I've seen my fair share of danger, but looking at the boar's demonic red eyes sent chills down my spine. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of how I escaped but what you need to know is that this... 'thing' can easily topple down trees as if they were saplings and can manipulate the earth element to defend and attack. I managed to lure it away from Scribel but in exchange, I had a broken arm and an exhausted mana core.

I've read of a phenomenon called 'demonification' from an ancient tome that I had read previously, and based on what I read, that was definitely a demonized boar. I will make an entry in the Library regarding this phenomenon so that others will know.

But please... for the sake of our adventurers... do not enter the inner region of the northern forest.

Yorth

Swordman
After picking up the quest from the reception desk, I headed toward the northern forest where Brightweed could be found. I had thought that since the basic flora around the outer region had hints of mana, I had wondered how it would affect the fauna. From my observations between morning up until the sun was at its peak, I have found that Brightweed is more abundant the more one ventured deeper into the forest. Not only that, beasts that could manipulate mana can be seen in what I would assume the inner region of the forest. Luckily I was able to buy some materials to map out the area so I wouldn't get lost, and was hoping that this would catch me a high price if I sell it.

But as I was about to conclude my observations and end the day, I made a shocking discovery. It was a magical beast that looked like a large boar with dark brown fur, a white mane and large tusks that could pierce a whole man through. It's gaze and aura was feral, unlike the usual magical beasts I've encountered, but more importantly was the fluctuation of mana around the boar. It was erratic and violent as it grew rapidly with no signs of stopping while it gorged itself upon the carcass of a tiger-like magical beast. I thought that with my concealing abilities that I would be undetected but the moment I had laid eyes on the feral beast, it sensed it and turned its head towards me.

I've seen my fair share of danger, but looking at the boar's demonic red eyes sent chills down my spine. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of how I escaped but what you need to know is that this... 'thing' can easily topple down trees as if they were saplings and can manipulate the earth element to defend and attack. I managed to lure it away from Scribel but in exchange, I had a broken arm and an exhausted mana core.

I've read of a phenomenon called 'demonification' from an ancient tome that I had read previously, and based on what I read, that was definitely a demonized boar. I will make an entry in the Library regarding this phenomenon so that others will know.

But please... for the sake of our adventurers... do not enter the inner region of the northern forest.

Scary scary... Although the fact that you omitted the way with which you escaped the demon take away much of your report's credibility, with everything that has been happening lately, I don't think we can take any chances. While your broken arm and exhausted mana core does show that you have encountered danger, they do not say anything about a demonified creature. Either way, the inner forest shall be a forbidden zone for any low-level adventurer once @GM makes his decree.

Quest Rewards:
Exp 45
2 G

Alchyr

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75

Quest Report

I still have no idea how I got here, but I'm glad you have fun things for me to do! All I have to do is go kill some things and you'll give me money!

I had no idea where to find the slimes, so I just ran all over the place! I found some sitting in someone's attic, so I started beating them up. It was lots of fun, you can punch slimes so many times before they stop moving! And then they splatter everywhere too, so it's like your attack makes an explosion! It's great! For some reason the person who lived there got angry and yelled at me a bunch, but I don't really get why. I killed the slimes in his house... he should be happier! Anyways, I searched around and grabbed the cores, so that's all!

Yorth

Swordman
Quest Report

I still have no idea how I got here, but I'm glad you have fun things for me to do! All I have to do is go kill some things and you'll give me money!

I had no idea where to find the slimes, so I just ran all over the place! I found some sitting in someone's attic, so I started beating them up. It was lots of fun, you can punch slimes so many times before they stop moving! And then they splatter everywhere too, so it's like your attack makes an explosion! It's great! For some reason the person who lived there got angry and yelled at me a bunch, but I don't really get why. I killed the slimes in his house... he should be happier! Anyways, I searched around and grabbed the cores, so that's all!
For the slimes to come out of the sewers and into the city, how brazen! Good job Mirth on killing the slimes and protecting public safety!

Quest Rewards:

75 Exp
1 G

joey10000th

Scribel City Guild Quests
These quests are sponsored by the Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Level 1 Quests
Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Items: 5 rations

Quest Report
Character:
AlphaBBQ (Level 1)
Quest: Cooking Rations

Report:
I entered the guild and accepted the "Cooking Rations" quest from the board after considering my options.
I was directed to the kitchens by the receptionist to collect the recipe and ingredients from the staff member there.

The senior staff in the kitchens appeared to be shocked when he saw me floating through the door, not unusual when I encounter intelligent humanoids. After greeting him and showing him my quest ticket, he handed me the ingredients looking a little shell shocked. Being a sentient kitchen, I felt no need to relocate and thus took my ingredients with me to a small section of bare wall where I set up shop.

Now for the cooking!

It looked like a simple biscuit and jerky meal would work best since the rations were apparently supposed to be long lasting and easily stored. I would have to go with a light seasoning, not having the money for a large assortment of spices and seasonings yet. Thankfully being a sentient kitchen, I had a precise control over temperature and time and thus i could make 50 portions in just a few batches. The old staff member (who I'm assuming was the head chef at this point) was watching me in shock, maybe because of my higher tech appliances or my cooking skill? It could also be the fact that I don't have arms and everything was floating... Hmmm....

Regardless, I completed the 50 portions quickly and turned them in, receiving the completed quest ticket back from the head chef.
Time to report back on my quest completion!
Ahh, the joys of cooking!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Title: Body investigation (optional purification)
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Investigate if report is true.
  • Investigate bodies of the deceased for any form of identification.
  • Give the bodies a proper burial.
  • (Optional) Purify the bodies.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 0-100
  • Money: 1-10
While I wondered what to do because I absolutely did not want to get engaged with such exploitive quests like the maid one again, I noticed a new quest was issued, this time to... Investigate a report of possible deaths and purify the dead?

My oh my, it's almost as if the guild made this quest specifically for me, the goddess must guided their path and given them guidance to reward me for my endeavors.

In that case, I should make haste and leave right away. I left the city through the northern gate and then moved through the riverbank. I was glad the instructions were simple to follow, though it did bother me that they were a bit too unclear in the exact distances I had to travel... Though I suppose one would not accurately measure how much they walked under normal circumstances, so this couldn't be helped.

Luckily, my destination wasn't too far, so I quickly reached the white piece of cloth that was tied around a tree... However, the directions ended here, and I could not smell any blood nearby, possibly because of the smell of muddy soil that comes from the river. I'm impressed the person that did the preliminary investigation was able to track it from this location...

It would be no good to give up here though, so I closed my eyes and prayed. Prayed to my goddess, to lead me towards those poor spirits that need to be purified, that deserve a peaceful afterlife, yet might be stuck in this world due to their regrets...

I sensed it. The goddess gave me her blessing and showed me the path. I could sense the direction that they were in... The primary investigation was right, there was a grave nearby.

I walked towards them, it would be no good to rush, one should not startle the already scared dead... I took a deep breath and remembered how I did it in the past, it felt like so long ago, how I purified the dead back in my home world... Could I still do it now? In a place that I don't even know how the afterlife works?

... I have to do it, the goddess gave me her powers in order to help those poor souls. Failure is not an option.

I arrived at the site. It was clear that there was something buried beneath me, the soil was far too soft and clearly rearranged in a hurry... Most importantly however, I could see them, the souls. Right in front of me, 6 souls flying around and attacking one another... They seemed to be split in two groups of 3, each of them carrying nothing but a sword and their clothes, they fought against each other, continuously, without mercy, stabbing, beheading, dismembering... Only for the defeated soul to raise once again and go back to the battle.

And beyond that, they were... Crying. With each strike, tears fell from their eyes, with each blow, unspeakable sadness emanated from their souls... And it kept escalating, a spiral of regret that got worse and worse with each death... They would soon become vengeful spirits at this rhythm.

I couldn't allow that, those poor men deserved better than this. I closed my eyes and offered a silent prayer to the goddess one more time, then, opened my eyes once more, with the light of the goddess within them. I knew what I had to do, and so, I started dancing.

One step at a time, I did not need to hurry, time was plentiful, one graceful movement after the other, offering a prayer for each of them and wishing for them to realize their own mortality, and how they were no longer burdened by the sins of the living.

For those people... They were not aware of their death, to seek pardon, one must first understand their own sins... And to understand them, one must first understand themselves.

And so I danced, I danced for them, I prayed for them, moved throughout the small makeshift graveyard, letting them hear my unspoken prayers, making my wishes reach their souls which no longer belonged to this world.

Slowly, they realized it. One at a time, they stopped fighting... They noticed, any reason they had to fight, had long lost its meaning, for only the living have any reason to spill blood... The dead do not need to fight, the dead just need... To rest.

Tears fell from their eyes, they sat down and covered their eyes with their hands, unable to accept the reality... Yet the reality would not change even if they did not accept them. They had a choice to make, they could remain here, forever wallowing for their sins, for their dreams unfulfilled, for their goals that are now unreachable... Or they could move. To a better place, to a place that they could rest, to where they could no longer be burdened by all that have always afflicted them... For so long they have fought, but now... It was time for peace.

They hugged each other, cried to their hearts content, let their feelings flow, let their worries wash away from their souls, let their regrets disappear, together with the transiency of the living... And then they left. Towards a better place, a place they could rest.

I breathed a sigh of relief, it's certainly been quite some time since I did a purification, and it was my first time doing it on my own, I was glad nothing went wrong this once.

However, it was not over yet, while their souls were no longer here, their bodies deserved better than this... Though I was afraid it would be impossible for me to move their bodies to the graveyard on my own. What to do then?

It was at about this time, that a young woman came out from behind a nearby rock and approached me, I was confused for a moment, but she quickly clarified who she was, and what had happened to those poor men... In summary, she, Laila, was cursed by a witch a few years back, a curse that made all men that came close to her to fall in love with her, and to die for that love... She did not explain why the witch gave her this curse, but she did tell me that those 6 dead spirits were her closest friends that have been with her for life. And that killed one another in an attempt to earn her love.

It was a pitiful story, I wished I could help her, but it took no more than a few seconds trying, to realize her curse was beyond what I could help her with... Whoever inflicted this, had a deep grudge towards her, far bigger than what I could cure while so far from my goddess.

I apologized, though Laila did not feel like I needed to... For she was happy, that at least the people she loved could now rest in peace... We could not give them a proper burial, but we could at least give them a proper grave.

We worked together to carve an unique tombstone for each of them, and left a prayer and a few flowers for each, as a reminder of whom they were before the curse, as the men that she cared for the most, and the biggest friends that have ever roamed this land... We prayed for them, for a peaceful afterlife, and for a safe travel, towards the place that they may now rest.

And after that, we left towards the city. Once there, we separated as I returned to the guild, and she went to the home of their families, to deliver the news... Apparently she has been away from the city ever since their demise, for she was unable to forgive herself for their death... Perhaps now she'll be able to rest too, I can only pray for her safety from now on.

OOC: @Yorth, can you appraise this one for me please?

Feathers95

Office Work
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel city government.
Explanation:
Have you ever wanted to work for the government? Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day? Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse? Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 25
Quest Report (1)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • 76 quest reports assessed
  • 182 files filtered into appropriate categories
  • 43 evaluations written
After recently going through some more... extreme events, I decided to apply for a quest that would allow me to stay indoors a bit and relax.

God was that a mistake.

No wonder they allowed level 1 adventurers into the city guild, the whole place was pure chaos! Papers were strewn about absolutely everywhere, with barely any space to walk. Ink, pens and quills were strewn randomly around the room, with workers scribbling away at the speed of light onto the records beneath their feet. The few clerks in the office were scurrying about precariously holding onto stacks of documents as tall as themselves! I knew as soon as I entered that I had made a grave mistake.

As soon as they saw me they dragged me in with gleeful sparkles in their eyes...

When they said the guild was understaffed, they weren't joking. From dawn till dusk that day, all I could see was paper and ink... over and over again until I fainted and got kicked out of the room sometime after midnight. Well, luckily I was only an office worker for one day... haha... My arms are still sore...

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (1)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • 76 quest reports assessed
  • 182 files filtered into appropriate categories
  • 43 evaluations written
After recently going through some more... extreme events, I decided to apply for a quest that would allow me to stay indoors a bit and relax.

God was that a mistake.

No wonder they allowed level 1 adventurers into the city guild, the whole place was pure chaos! Papers were strewn about absolutely everywhere, with barely any space to walk. Ink, pens and quills were strewn randomly around the room, with workers scribbling away at the speed of light onto the records beneath their feet. The few clerks in the office were scurrying about precariously holding onto stacks of documents as tall as themselves! I knew as soon as I entered that I had made a grave mistake.

As soon as they saw me they dragged me in with gleeful sparkles in their eyes...

When they said the guild was understaffed, they weren't joking. From dawn till dusk that day, all I could see was paper and ink... over and over again until I fainted and got kicked out of the room sometime after midnight. Well, luckily I was only an office worker for one day... haha... My arms are still sore...
Thanks for all your hard work we really appreciate it.

Heres your reward. Please come again.
  • EXP: 25

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report
Character:
AlphaBBQ (Level 1)
Quest: Cooking Rations

Report:
I entered the guild and accepted the "Cooking Rations" quest from the board after considering my options.
I was directed to the kitchens by the receptionist to collect the recipe and ingredients from the staff member there.

The senior staff in the kitchens appeared to be shocked when he saw me floating through the door, not unusual when I encounter intelligent humanoids. After greeting him and showing him my quest ticket, he handed me the ingredients looking a little shell shocked. Being a sentient kitchen, I felt no need to relocate and thus took my ingredients with me to a small section of bare wall where I set up shop.

Now for the cooking!

It looked like a simple biscuit and jerky meal would work best since the rations were apparently supposed to be long lasting and easily stored. I would have to go with a light seasoning, not having the money for a large assortment of spices and seasonings yet. Thankfully being a sentient kitchen, I had a precise control over temperature and time and thus i could make 50 portions in just a few batches. The old staff member (who I'm assuming was the head chef at this point) was watching me in shock, maybe because of my higher tech appliances or my cooking skill? It could also be the fact that I don't have arms and everything was floating... Hmmm....

Regardless, I completed the 50 portions quickly and turned them in, receiving the completed quest ticket back from the head chef.
Time to report back on my quest completion!
Ahh, the joys of cooking!
After talking with the still dazed chef I can confirm that this report is accurate. Working here for a year I thought I had seen it all. How woefully wrong I was.

Here's your reward...
  • EXP: 40
  • Items: 5 rations

Last edited:

Alchyr

City Construction
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend a day performing construction labor.
Explanation:
There’s always things to be built in a frontier city, and we could always use more manpower. We fix potholes, repair walls, and more! The job isn’t very dangerous, although it can be physically tiring.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 30

Quest Report

Those guys at the construction place said I needed to make one of these if I wanted to get paid... I don't really get it, what's the point of writing down what I did on paper? Well, whatever.

I was walking around and saw some people making a building, and it looked like fun, so I asked if I could help! After they found out I was in the Adventurer's Guild they said sure, and that they'd even pay me! Being in the Adventurer's Guild is great! It was lots of fun seeing how they turned a bunch of random pieces into a building, and helping out with it! They said it's gonna be a... hot spring? But it's not spring yet, and I don't know how they know spring will be hot? I don't really get it. Anyways, it's a funny looking building.