Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

FenrIIrz

Office Work
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel city government.
Explanation:
Have you ever wanted to work for the government? Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day? Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse? Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 1G
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

I made a mistake even I knew it is a death sentence at the moment I pick up this request but this deed will not go in vain as I will sacrifice myself for a better future. The instant I sat down in the office, I got buried under 6 feet tall of paperwork. As I almost finish my job, the staff came into the room and give me more paperwork! I was going to complain to him but another staff comes in and places more paper on my table. I'm believed that this is a scheme by the bandit group I escaped to assassinate me with paperwork. I swore that I have seen paperwork pop up out of nowhere or begin the multiply themselves!

I've finished my job for today. I pray to all pure souls that have read this message will not take the same path as me.

Sincerely,
Sil Fulgur

Last edited:

Feathers95

Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Collect a large sack full of healing herbs.
Explanation:
Recently there has been reports of a special type of grass that has healing properties. The City of Scribel would like to stockpile on this grass for emergencies. Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though! We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Money: 2G

Quest Report (2)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (25 EXP)
Quest: Healing Herbs
Evaluation:
  • One tiny sack of twin flowers
  • One sack of healing grass
  • One tiny sack of tri flowers
After that whole ordeal, I was forced to spend a day recuperating from all the accumulated aches and sores. The worst part wasn't the pain nor the boredom, but the fact that my hard earned gold was slipping away visibly before my eyes! All of a sudden, not only was my profit nonexistent from that nightmare, but I had lost a gold coin from my day of rest! To be perfectly honest, I was absolutely fuming. To think that, as a princess, not only was I forced to do commoner work to survive, I was also being horribly scammed of my money? Outrageous!

Ahem...

After finally calming down I started paying closer attention to the quests available to me on the bulletin board. Unfortunately, there was only one available that paid more than a day's worth of living expenses, which was to gather a sack of healing herbs. The description specified healing grass, but through its requirements, it seemed possible to gather other herbs with healing properties too.

Knowing time(and money) was of the essence, I hurried over to the library to borrow a book on identifying herbs before heading out towards a nearby forest. As I read through its contents, I came to learn some basic information on Healing Grass and Twin Flowers. The details were sparse, but fortunately it was enough to identify them. Whilst reading about Twin Flowers I also came to know of Tri Flowers, aka their poisonous counterpart.

Since it seemed that information wasn't too plentiful at the moment in this strange new world, I decided to gather a small sack of both Twin Flowers and Tri Flowers to send back to the guild for research purposes. Hopefully someone out there, who understood these things better than I did, could learn something new or be able to use them to make something. Additionally, I took a few stalks of the three plants to keep in my inventory, you can never be too careful afterall. After carefully extracting a full sack of bright healing grass, with their roots intact, I headed back to the guild with no other difficulties.

If I knew gathering herbs was so easy, I never would've entered that wretched office of nightmares. I still remember the smile on that evil receptionist's face when she evaluated my report...

FenrIIrz

Quest Report

Those guys at the construction place said I needed to make one of these if I wanted to get paid... I don't really get it, what's the point of writing down what I did on paper? Well, whatever.

I was walking around and saw some people making a building, and it looked like fun, so I asked if I could help! After they found out I was in the Adventurer's Guild they said sure, and that they'd even pay me! Being in the Adventurer's Guild is great! It was lots of fun seeing how they turned a bunch of random pieces into a building, and helping out with it! They said it's gonna be a... hot spring? But it's not spring yet, and I don't know how they know spring will be hot? I don't really get it. Anyways, it's a funny looking building.
So they start to build a bathhouse, that's good news. Thanks for helping them out. I'm sure they will welcome you when the building is finished.

Final Rewards:
  • EXP: 30

Moshi

Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:
Recently there has been reports of a special type of grass that has healing properties. The City of Scribel would like to stockpile on this grass for emergencies. Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though! We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!

Rewards:
Quest Report
----------------
The forest I was searching through had gotten pretty thick, so I shifted into my fox form in order to move easier. As I was making my way through, I smelled some soothing mana - as a fox spirit, I was sensitive to it. I followed the smell to a small clearing, where the smell originated.

Transforming back into my human form, I took out a piece of paper that detailed what I was supposed to look for. Yup, this is the healing grass alright. I started digging the grass up, since plucking them would damage their roots.

I wondered how effective the grass actually was. I decided to test it on the arm I had used to kill the slimes. My ability to form shift was mostly limited to cosmetics; my healing ability was pretty much the same as a normal person.

I chewed it up to make a poultice, then spread it on my arm. It was bitter, but it seemed to work; I felt a cooling sensation where I applied it, and soon I could feel my arm had healed.

Looking around I also saw some of the twin flowers around. There weren't any of the poisonous tri-flowers. Maybe there was something about this location that made the healing plants grow? The soothing mana permeated the entire clearing. I made a note of the location - it'd be nice to come back here and just relax.

But I digress. In any case, there were a lot of the healing herbs. I got more than enough of the healing grass, and a couple twin-flowers as well.

I returned to the guild to present my haul (of course, I kept some for myself :)

- Baihua
Gathered: 1kg healing grass, 1/2 kg twin flowers
----------------

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Sitting down on my spot once more, I look over the new report that the staff pushed onto me. They really need more full-time staff for this type of thing, instead of pushing it all on the new adventurers. Anyways, back to the report, let's see...
Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report
----------------
The forest I was searching through had gotten pretty thick, so I shifted into my fox form in order to move easier. As I was making my way through, I smelled some soothing mana - as a fox spirit, I was sensitive to it. I followed the smell to a small clearing, where the smell originated.

Transforming back into my human form, I took out a piece of paper that detailed what I was supposed to look for. Yup, this is the healing grass alright. I started digging the grass up, since plucking them would damage their roots.

I wondered how effective the grass actually was. I decided to test it on the arm I had used to kill the slimes. My ability to form shift was mostly limited to cosmetics; my healing ability was pretty much the same as a normal person.

I chewed it up to make a poultice, then spread it on my arm. It was bitter, but it seemed to work; I felt a cooling sensation where I applied it, and soon I could feel my arm had healed.

Looking around I also saw some of the twin flowers around. There weren't any of the poisonous tri-flowers. Maybe there was something about this location that made the healing plants grow? The soothing mana permeated the entire clearing. I made a note of the location - it'd be nice to come back here and just relax.

But I digress. In any case, there were a lot of the healing herbs. I got more than enough of the healing grass, and a couple twin-flowers as well.

I returned to the guild to present my haul (of course, I kept some for myself :)

- Baihua
Gathered: 1kg healing grass, 1/2 kg twin flowers
----------------
Wait Mana has a scent?! Interesting, I should have a chat with this person about that at the tavern sometime~But yeah, it'd be nice to mark down the location for the den of healing herbs at the library, it'd definitely help out those that need to do this quest. Or would it be better to keep a secret and only sell it to paying customers? You could rip off quite a few people with this... Another thing I could talk to this person about.

Anyways, it seems like everything is in order. After stamping the paper with a complete mark, I handed it to the receptionist and reminded them to send the reward to Mr. Baihua later~
Rewards:

Last edited:

Cold_Sun

Title: Body investigation (optional purification)
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Investigate if report is true.
  • Investigate bodies of the deceased for any form of identification.
  • Give the bodies a proper burial.
  • (Optional) Purify the bodies.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 0-100
  • Money: 1-10
Quest Report:
I saw the quest and my interest was easily piqued. I needed some fresh bodies for my research to finding a way world, but breaking into the cemetery felt too early.
Anyway, I went to check the location where the bodies were supposed to be.
I found the tree with the white cloth tied. The place still had the stench of blood but the bodies were already gone. There was nothing there.
Since I'm no priest, i did the best I could and disinfected the place with a tonic I had to remove the smell and make sure the place isn't contaminated.
Too bad I couldn't find the bodies, but I'll settle for the reward. @Zoey

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Giant Carnivorous Vines Overgrowing My Farm
Sponsor
: Farmer Joe
Objectives:
  • Kill the carnivorous vine plant that is overgrowing my farm.
Explanation: Recently there is this giant vine plant thing that started growing in my farm. I'm afraid to get close to it... please kill it!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 5
Found plant.

Rip plant.

Plant die.

No moving.

No life.

FenrIIrz

Giant Carnivorous Vines Overgrowing My Farm
Sponsor
: Farmer Joe
Objectives:
  • Kill the carnivorous vine plant that is overgrowing my farm.
Explanation: Recently there is this giant vine plant thing that started growing in my farm. I'm afraid to get close to it... please kill it!

Rewards:
Found plant.

Rip plant.

Plant die.

No moving.

No life.
This is a really short report. Nevermind that I went to confirm with the client but we would appreciate if you can tell us more about how you did the job next time.

Enjoy your reward

Ophious

Hm? What's this? A report from the fox girl? Wonder what it's about this time~. Did she become a maid again I wonder~, a fox eared maid truly does scream fantasy~! Anyway, let's see what the report says...
Objectives:
Rewards:

While I wondered what to do because I absolutely did not want to get engaged with such exploitive quests like the maid one again, I noticed a new quest was issued, this time to... Investigate a report of possible deaths and purify the dead?

My oh my, it's almost as if the guild made this quest specifically for me, the goddess must guided their path and given them guidance to reward me for my endeavors.

In that case, I should make haste and leave right away. I left the city through the northern gate and then moved through the riverbank. I was glad the instructions were simple to follow, though it did bother me that they were a bit too unclear in the exact distances I had to travel... Though I suppose one would not accurately measure how much they walked under normal circumstances, so this couldn't be helped.

Luckily, my destination wasn't too far, so I quickly reached the white piece of cloth that was tied around a tree... However, the directions ended here, and I could not smell any blood nearby, possibly because of the smell of muddy soil that comes from the river. I'm impressed the person that did the preliminary investigation was able to track it from this location...

It would be no good to give up here though, so I closed my eyes and prayed. Prayed to my goddess, to lead me towards those poor spirits that need to be purified, that deserve a peaceful afterlife, yet might be stuck in this world due to their regrets...

I sensed it. The goddess gave me her blessing and showed me the path. I could sense the direction that they were in... The primary investigation was right, there was a grave nearby.

I walked towards them, it would be no good to rush, one should not startle the already scared dead... I took a deep breath and remembered how I did it in the past, it felt like so long ago, how I purified the dead back in my home world... Could I still do it now? In a place that I don't even know how the afterlife works?

... I have to do it, the goddess gave me her powers in order to help those poor souls. Failure is not an option.

I arrived at the site. It was clear that there was something buried beneath me, the soil was far too soft and clearly rearranged in a hurry... Most importantly however, I could see them, the souls. Right in front of me, 6 souls flying around and attacking one another... They seemed to be split in two groups of 3, each of them carrying nothing but a sword and their clothes, they fought against each other, continuously, without mercy, stabbing, beheading, dismembering... Only for the defeated soul to raise once again and go back to the battle.

And beyond that, they were... Crying. With each strike, tears fell from their eyes, with each blow, unspeakable sadness emanated from their souls... And it kept escalating, a spiral of regret that got worse and worse with each death... They would soon become vengeful spirits at this rhythm.

I couldn't allow that, those poor men deserved better than this. I closed my eyes and offered a silent prayer to the goddess one more time, then, opened my eyes once more, with the light of the goddess within them. I knew what I had to do, and so, I started dancing.

One step at a time, I did not need to hurry, time was plentiful, one graceful movement after the other, offering a prayer for each of them and wishing for them to realize their own mortality, and how they were no longer burdened by the sins of the living.

For those people... They were not aware of their death, to seek pardon, one must first understand their own sins... And to understand them, one must first understand themselves.

And so I danced, I danced for them, I prayed for them, moved throughout the small makeshift graveyard, letting them hear my unspoken prayers, making my wishes reach their souls which no longer belonged to this world.

Slowly, they realized it. One at a time, they stopped fighting... They noticed, any reason they had to fight, had long lost its meaning, for only the living have any reason to spill blood... The dead do not need to fight, the dead just need... To rest.

Tears fell from their eyes, they sat down and covered their eyes with their hands, unable to accept the reality... Yet the reality would not change even if they did not accept them. They had a choice to make, they could remain here, forever wallowing for their sins, for their dreams unfulfilled, for their goals that are now unreachable... Or they could move. To a better place, to a place that they could rest, to where they could no longer be burdened by all that have always afflicted them... For so long they have fought, but now... It was time for peace.

They hugged each other, cried to their hearts content, let their feelings flow, let their worries wash away from their souls, let their regrets disappear, together with the transiency of the living... And then they left. Towards a better place, a place they could rest.

I breathed a sigh of relief, it's certainly been quite some time since I did a purification, and it was my first time doing it on my own, I was glad nothing went wrong this once.

However, it was not over yet, while their souls were no longer here, their bodies deserved better than this... Though I was afraid it would be impossible for me to move their bodies to the graveyard on my own. What to do then?

It was at about this time, that a young woman came out from behind a nearby rock and approached me, I was confused for a moment, but she quickly clarified who she was, and what had happened to those poor men... In summary, she, Laila, was cursed by a witch a few years back, a curse that made all men that came close to her to fall in love with her, and to die for that love... She did not explain why the witch gave her this curse, but she did tell me that those 6 dead spirits were her closest friends that have been with her for life. And that killed one another in an attempt to earn her love.

It was a pitiful story, I wished I could help her, but it took no more than a few seconds trying, to realize her curse was beyond what I could help her with... Whoever inflicted this, had a deep grudge towards her, far bigger than what I could cure while so far from my goddess.

I apologized, though Laila did not feel like I needed to... For she was happy, that at least the people she loved could now rest in peace... We could not give them a proper burial, but we could at least give them a proper grave.

We worked together to carve an unique tombstone for each of them, and left a prayer and a few flowers for each, as a reminder of whom they were before the curse, as the men that she cared for the most, and the biggest friends that have ever roamed this land... We prayed for them, for a peaceful afterlife, and for a safe travel, towards the place that they may now rest.

And after that, we left towards the city. Once there, we separated as I returned to the guild, and she went to the home of their families, to deliver the news... Apparently she has been away from the city ever since their demise, for she was unable to forgive herself for their death... Perhaps now she'll be able to rest too, I can only pray for her safety from now on.

Hmm, a dance for the dead huh? That truly seems like something I'd like to see at least once in my life~ But yeah, guess she wasn't just a cosplayer, she was a true shrine maiden. Still, a witches curse huh, should probably send some people to monitor that girl for a while, it'd be bad if a blood bath happened in the city due to us forgetting about her. There's also the witch herself that we might need to find, someone who'd place such a powerful curse like that should be someone worth investigating.

Ah but before any of that, the report seemed to have everything in order. The identification of those lads can be obtained from the girl later, though hopefully, she'll be alive still by the time the staff goes look for her. Stamping the report as complete, I go hand in the report to the staff and remind them to send the rewards to Nene later.

Rewards:
  • Money: 10

Ophious

Just as I finished handing in Nene's report, I found another report about the same request. I decided since I already did one of the reports, a second wouldn't hurt. I took the report and went back to my seat and began looking over it...

Objectives:
Rewards:

Quest Report:
I saw the quest and my interest was easily piqued. I needed some fresh bodies for my research to finding a way world, but breaking into the cemetery felt too early.
Anyway, I went to check the location where the bodies were supposed to be.
I found the tree with the white cloth tied. The place still had the stench of blood but the bodies were already gone. There was nothing there.
Since I'm no priest, i did the best I could and disinfected the place with a tonic I had to remove the smell and make sure the place isn't contaminated.
Too bad I couldn't find the bodies, but I'll settle for the reward. @Zoey
The souls and bodies were already given a proper burial but it would indeed be bad if the blood attracted wild beasts due to its close proximity to the town~

The full reward can't be given since someone else did fulfill the quest but due to helping with the clean up it shouldn't be a problem to give some reward as compensation~

I stamped the report with a completion mark and went to hand in the report to the staff.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 4

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report:
Character: Cassel (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 5)
Quest: Night Watch
Report:
Honestly when he first went into the guild he was worried. Since he never really bothered learning how read he thought there might be a few issues. But, luckily he found two quests he could do without much risking too much thanks to the receptionist there. The two were A) taking a night shift or B) doing manual labor for the city.

Since there wasn't a difference in the pay between the two. He chose to take the night watch. Watching over the spot assigned to him by one of guards. He blankly stared out the frontier with only the sound of some bugs greeting him and nothing to be seen beyond the light from his post.

Sighing, he idly took out the artifact he stole from the group. Looking over it, he just didn't know why such a thing would cause them to flock towards him like rats did to rotting meat. Seriously people steal a few coins from their wallets they act like they could care less but as soon as he steals one of their group's jacket all of sudden they act like he killed their mother or something. It about the same thing just a little more gets stolen.

After his grumbling he managed to somehow finish his shift without falling asleep and switched off with one of guards. Who seemed a little too happy to grab a morning shift. Then again he'd probably agree that after the night shift actually being able to see more than two inches from the nearest light source during the day was a very good benefit.
Good work! It sounded like quite a dull shift, but it's not like every day will be exciting, right?

*stamps completed*

Reward
  • EXP: 25

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75

Slimes, huh? They don't exist back home. I wonder what they taste like~☆?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any useful information on slimes. Nothing about how they taste, or the best ways to prepare them as a meal.

Leaving the cat back at home, I wandered around the nearby forest, looking for the slimes. Eventually, I spotted them. They looked like nicely sized wriggly sacks of liquid, with some kind of core in the middle. They apparently sensed me and came bouncing toward me. It's so nice when the food comes to me~☆. Back at home, they most of the cute monsters ran away from me the moment they saw me.

I scooped one up and took a large bite out of it. The rather sour and faintly sweet juice exploded in my mouth when my teeth punctured the squishy membrane. I can totally imagine using these slimes as a substitue for lemon. Just slit a hole in the membrane and pour!

After guzzling the delicious juices, what was left was the chewy, but bland membrane and the core. I know I'm supposed to keep them intact for the quest, but no one would notice if I took a bit out of one right?

Unfortunately, the slime cores themselves were rather hard and....tasteless.

In the end, I found 11 slimes. I only ate 3 of them, and stowed the rest of the juices into the glass bottles I brought, and the chewy membranes in another box. On a side note, slime rice balls taste nice! They could totally replace the vinegar or pickled plum!

After coming back with a delicious haul, I noticed that my gauntlets were a tad corroded. Wonder why~? Maybe the slime is good at dissolving the metal?

Anyways, here is 10 intact slime cores and 1 half-eaten slime core

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 100) (Money 2G)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of Exploration and Scouting for the city of Scribel's Adventurer's Guild. The rumors that I fled the city crying after soiling my trousers are just slander, pay them no mind. I chose to explore the area just north of the city on the other side of Slimebreak creek. While this area is known to be the safest area around town due to the lack of wildlife and fauna I suspected that something fearsome must lurk there in order to have caused this area to become so desolate. I have to report that my suspicions were correct. While briskly jogging into the cave, I stumbled upon a terrifying existence deep in the heart of the Safety Rock Shelter. A goblin has taken up residence in the emergency shelter. I was able to slash at it with my trusty sword, Ludwig Von Stabtoven, however, I was not it's match and had to flee back to the city. I will leave this fearsome foe to a higher-ranked adventurer.

Yours Truly,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman

Yorth

Swordman
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 100) (Money 2G)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of Exploration and Scouting for the city of Scribel's Adventurer's Guild. The rumors that I fled the city crying after soiling my trousers are just slander, pay them no mind. I chose to explore the area just north of the city on the other side of Slimebreak creek. While this area is known to be the safest area around town due to the lack of wildlife and fauna I suspected that something fearsome must lurk there in order to have caused this area to become so desolate. I have to report that my suspicions were correct. While briskly jogging into the cave, I stumbled upon a terrifying existence deep in the heart of the Safety Rock Shelter. A goblin has taken up residence in the emergency shelter. I was able to slash at it with my trusty sword, Ludwig Von Stabtoven, however, I was not it's match and had to flee back to the city. I will leave this fearsome foe to a higher-ranked adventurer.

Yours Truly,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman

Goblins? And so close to the city? It must be a rogue one that separated from its pack. Either way, we would need more people to investigate it. Hopefully, it's just one goblin and our adventurers can safely handle it.

Stamps Paper Here are the rewards for your hard work.

Quest Rewards:

Exp 50
1 G

Reactions: GM

gallantkun

*QUEST REPORT VERIFIED BY VOR SAKNAVE*

Quest Report
:
Character: Kail (Level 1) (EXP 10) (Money 1)
Quest: Slime Subjugation
Report:

After collecting information from other adventurers, I found out there is a lot of slimes hiding away in the abandoned alleyways and in the sewers.

I don't want to dirty my only clothes, so I prefer to find a lone slime in the alleyway instead. Armed with the sturdy twigs I found outside the city, I began my quest of collecting slime core.

The first slime I encountered was in a group of three. At first, I just swung my twig as hard as I can at the slime hoping it to splat under my strength but the slime managed to resisted it for a while before its form started to collapse. Due to that, I suffered a minor wound after defending the attack of the other 2 slimes. Learning from the experience, I tried to poke out the slime core from the slime's jelly-like body with my quick thrust and it actually worked out great for me. I do the same for the last slime. I picked up the 3 slime cores and carefully put it in my bag.

After 2 hours of running in and out of different alleyways around the city, I managed to gather 12 slime cores. Now I knew why the slimes are a pesky pest. I need to change my twig twice after my previous one melted out after I continue using it to poke the slime to death. I don't want to imagine what can they do to the city in large numbers either.

PS: Be careful with slimes in a group. They become more coordinated in large numbers. I once stumble a group of 10 slimes near the waste sewer and almost lose my hand after their continuous waves of attack. I survived because of some good bloke throw something at the slimes to distract them and I used the opportunity to run away.

Last edited:

Yorth

Swordman
Quest Report:
Character: Kail (Level 1) (EXP 10) (Money 1)
Quest: Slime Subjugation
Report:

After collecting information from other adventurers, I found out there is a lot of slimes hiding away in the abandoned alleyways and in the sewers.

I don't want to dirty my only clothes, so I prefer to find a lone slime in the alleyway instead. Armed with the sturdy twigs I found outside the city, I began my quest of collecting slime core.

The first slime I encountered was in a group of three. At first, I just swung my twig as hard as I can at the slime hoping it to splat under my strength but the slime managed to resisted it for a while before its form started to collapse. Due to that, I suffered a minor wound after defending the attack of the other 2 slimes. Learning from the experience, I tried to poke out the slime core from the slime's jelly-like body with my quick thrust and it actually worked out great for me. I do the same for the last slime. I picked up the 3 slime cores and carefully put it in my bag.

After 2 hours of running in and out of different alleyways around the city, I managed to gather 12 slime cores. Now I knew why the slimes are a pesky pest. I need to change my twig twice after my previous one melted out after I continue using it to poke the slime to death. I don't want to imagine what can they do to the city in large numbers either.

PS: Be careful with slimes in a group. They become more coordinated in large numbers. I once stumble a group of 10 slimes near the waste sewer and almost lose my hand after their continuous waves of attack. I survived because of some good bloke throw something at the slimes to distract them and I used the opportunity to run away.

You definitely cannot underestimate slimes. Many did and didn't live to tell the tale. Either way, you did great for your first slime subjugation, good job!

Quest Rewards:

75 Exp
1 G

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
After doing some proper priestess work, I figured it wouldn't hurt to rest a bit, so I decided to try helping with some simple paperwork for the guild.

Now let's see what we have...
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

I made a mistake even I knew it is a death sentence at the moment I pick up this request but this deed will not go in vain as I will sacrifice myself for a better future. The instant I sat down in the office, I got buried under 6 feet tall of paperwork. As I almost finish my job, the staff came into the room and give me more paperwork! I was going to complain to him but another staff comes in and places more paper on my table. I'm believed that this is a scheme by the bandit group I escaped to assassinate me with paperwork. I swore that I have seen paperwork pop up out of nowhere or begin the multiply themselves!

I've finished my job for today. I pray to all pure souls that have read this message will not take the same path as me.

Sincerely,
Sil Fulgur
"... And I thought I was the one being helpful by sitting down here and aiding the appraisal of reports, but you certainly have it much harder than I do.

"What more can I say? I'm certain the gods are pleased with your hard work, may the keep guiding your path now and forevermore.

"Here is your reward:"

EXP: 25
Money: 1G

AliceShiki

The next report on the list was a gathering one... It is always a joy to see people doing this job, gods forbid what would happen if a town ran out of medical supplies...
Quest Report (2)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (25 EXP)
Quest: Healing Herbs
Evaluation:
  • One tiny sack of twin flowers
  • One sack of healing grass
  • One tiny sack of tri flowers
After that whole ordeal, I was forced to spend a day recuperating from all the accumulated aches and sores. The worst part wasn't the pain nor the boredom, but the fact that my hard earned gold was slipping away visibly before my eyes! All of a sudden, not only was my profit nonexistent from that nightmare, but I had lost a gold coin from my day of rest! To be perfectly honest, I was absolutely fuming. To think that, as a princess, not only was I forced to do commoner work to survive, I was also being horribly scammed of my money? Outrageous!

Ahem...

After finally calming down I started paying closer attention to the quests available to me on the bulletin board. Unfortunately, there was only one available that paid more than a day's worth of living expenses, which was to gather a sack of healing herbs. The description specified healing grass, but through its requirements, it seemed possible to gather other herbs with healing properties too.

Knowing time(and money) was of the essence, I hurried over to the library to borrow a book on identifying herbs before heading out towards a nearby forest. As I read through its contents, I came to learn some basic information on Healing Grass and Twin Flowers. The details were sparse, but fortunately it was enough to identify them. Whilst reading about Twin Flowers I also came to know of Tri Flowers, aka their poisonous counterpart.

Since it seemed that information wasn't too plentiful at the moment in this strange new world, I decided to gather a small sack of both Twin Flowers and Tri Flowers to send back to the guild for research purposes. Hopefully someone out there, who understood these things better than I did, could learn something new or be able to use them to make something. Additionally, I took a few stalks of the three plants to keep in my inventory, you can never be too careful afterall. After carefully extracting a full sack of bright healing grass, with their roots intact, I headed back to the guild with no other difficulties.

If I knew gathering herbs was so easy, I never would've entered that wretched office of nightmares. I still remember the smile on that evil receptionist's face when she evaluated my report...
"It seems like you have done your assigned task flawlessly, and also went an extra mile at that to further help the guild? That's much appreciated.

"However, I was not given permission to give extra rewards for those that perform extra good deeds, so I'm afraid you'll have to understand you'll only receive the normal reward listed in the quest.

"Fret not though, for I'm sure the gods will reward your efforts, even if the guild will not.

"Please enjoy your earnings, may your path always be safe."

EXP: 40
Money: 2G

AliceShiki

Following those two, the next report involved the killing of slimes. It pained me to read of the death of the wild creatures, but I understood that them being threatening to the townsfolk made their elimination a necessity.

I can only pray they are now in a better place than they were before.
Slimes, huh? They don't exist back home. I wonder what they taste like~☆?
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any useful information on slimes. Nothing about how they taste, or the best ways to prepare them as a meal.

Leaving the cat back at home, I wandered around the nearby forest, looking for the slimes. Eventually, I spotted them. They looked like nicely sized wriggly sacks of liquid, with some kind of core in the middle. They apparently sensed me and came bouncing toward me. It's so nice when the food comes to me~☆. Back at home, they most of the cute monsters ran away from me the moment they saw me.

I scooped one up and took a large bite out of it. The rather sour and faintly sweet juice exploded in my mouth when my teeth punctured the squishy membrane. I can totally imagine using these slimes as a substitue for lemon. Just slit a hole in the membrane and pour!

After guzzling the delicious juices, what was left was the chewy, but bland membrane and the core. I know I'm supposed to keep them intact for the quest, but no one would notice if I took a bit out of one right?

Unfortunately, the slime cores themselves were rather hard and....tasteless.

In the end, I found 11 slimes. I only ate 3 of them, and stowed the rest of the juices into the glass bottles I brought, and the chewy membranes in another box. On a side note, slime rice balls taste nice! They could totally replace the vinegar or pickled plum!

After coming back with a delicious haul, I noticed that my gauntlets were a tad corroded. Wonder why~? Maybe the slime is good at dissolving the metal?

Anyways, here is 10 intact slime cores and 1 half-eaten slime core
"Miss... Eustania, is it? I believe you lack some knowledge about slimes, so may I enlighten you that they are corrosive and can melt people alive if they gather in big enough numbers.

"I would recommend not eating things that could melt you from the inside, for your own safety.

"Regardless, you did a good job. Though I'll tell you that the guild has no use for half-eaten cores, so you can keep it. Maybe there will be a use for it someday.

"May the gods grant you the knowledge to keep you safe at all times. Please take your rewards:"

EXP: 75
Money: 1G

Yorth

Swordman
Outpost Station
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Be stationed at an outpost for one month.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
Explanation:
Throughout the country, there are small outposts that serve as stations where travelers can stop by for help. For this job, you will be stationed at a remote outpost for a month. You will manage supplies that are sent to you, keep horses fresh, and any miscellaneous things that you see fit.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 135
  • Money: 20G

Quest Report
Name
: Vor Saknave
Level: 2 (295 EXP)
Quest: Outpost Station

Report:
Understanding that the city was not in any immediate danger, I decided to take a job that would let me uncover more information. I guessed that there was a nontrivial chance for travelers around the country to possibly have more information about the weirdly aggressive slimes. I also thought that it would be a great chance for me to train my magic alone.

Either way, for the most part, nothing major happened. Much of my days were spent tending to horses, cleaning the dishes, and managing the supplies. When my shift is done, I would work on my fire magic. After my level up, I was able to slowly shift the path of my fireballs. As such, I kept training that skill so as to be more familiar with it. By half of the month, I was already able to control the fireball to a reasonable degree.

In the meantime, some travelers did come by, but they didn't have any information on the slimes. They did point out however that there was a war between two major clans that dominated the area. They themselves were victims of the skirmishes happening all around the region. They had some gruesome looking wounds that I tended to using the healing herbs found in the outpost.

Days went by without much happening. That was until bearded old man covered in ragged clothes came to the outpost. He asked for some bread and wine which I provided. I then showed him to the bath and after that, he slept. When the morning came and he had breakfast, I asked him if he knew anything about the slimes. Surprisingly, he did. The man explained that once in a while, a special mutant of slimes is born. This special mutant has the ability to control nearby slimes and make them more aggressive.

I thanked the old man for the information before he swiftly parted away. He never told me his name, which was weird. Either way, I found what I had come for — information about the slimes. After that, nothing much happened. I just spent my days doing miscellaneous tasks and my nights training. All of this work increased my mana reserves which further improved my fighting potential. Hopefully, with this, I will be able to face off whatever enemies come later on.