Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
If You See Something, Say Something
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning intel.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
Report for Quest: If You See Something, Say Something
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Quest Information: Earlier today, I had been working with an alchemist known as Simon Dyeheart. (source) For the past three days, I had been working with him as an assistant in order to gain access to the Alchemist Guild's equipment. For the sessions we had been working together, I had been asked to help making potions. I had previously thought that he asked my help because I was an aspiring alchemist, but now I sure that isn't the case.
Today, while I was helping him, he had me helping him make a sleeping draught. Going over what I did, I didn't make any mistakes when creating it, but somehow, it blew up in my face. Dyeheart seemed concerned at first, but then he grew irritated and after I remade the potion, he had me leave. It seemed like he was upset over me making a mistake, but after thinking it over, I began to suspect something else. I believed that he may have been intentionally trying to drug me, but it failed due to my unusually strong resistance. For what purpose, I had no idea, but I intended to find out.
Later that night, I returned to the potion shop. The shop was deserted but the door was unlocked so I quietly let myself in. I intended to creep into the back to see what Dyeheart was doing, but then I crossed the trip wire. Gas filled the room, and even my resistance was not enough to overcome its effects.
When I woke up, I was tied up and secured to the ground. Most of my clothing had been removed. Dyeheart was spouting something incomprehensible about other beings in some kind of chant.
Partway into doing some sort of ritual, Dyeheart collapsed with his hand clenched over his heart. I believe he may have suffered from some kind of heart attack partway through. I can only thank my luck for this. After a few hours I was able to extricate myself from the ropes, grab my clothing and items, and return to the guild. I don't know what he was doing, but it was highly suspicious. I do not desire to return to that place, but I would recommend someone else investigate the scene.

I'm not entirely certain why I had to lie to the guild, but I felt it was necessary. They wouldn't understand my feelings. I don't understand these feelings. I shouldn't be feeling anything like this.

And yet...

When I woke up after being drugged by Dyeheart, I heard him chanting something. I was only able to hear the ending part of it, but the words were enough to send my mind reeling. They were not of any language I had ever heard before, but somehow, I felt as if I knew what he was saying. He was speaking of the Outsiders and asking for the guidance of the one referred to as the Dream. He asked for it to grant him more time in exchange for the sacrifice he would be making.

Then he took out the dagger and plunged it into my stomach.

I screamed.

He continued to recite his ritual as he stabbed me again. And again. And once more.

The marks left by the blade have left a permanent mark, even after they've been healed by a potion. Somehow, I don't think they'll ever fade.

And then the world fell out from beneath me and I knew its presence.

I saw the Dream.

It saw me.

And I knew fear as though I had never known it before.

I was the ant before the boot, the fly before the swatter, the lamb unto the slaughter. And though I knew I was about to die, and though I knew no one would ever find where I went or how it happened, I had a simple fleeting thought.

A crazy, childish thought.

I wondered what kind of potions I could have made out of bizarre monstrous god such as that. I wondered if one could capture that which cannot exist within the realm of understanding. I wondered if I could kill that concept to harvest it for parts.

I felt the new world I had found myself within pause.

And I felt a deep mirth born of some unknown reason emanate from the monster.

I awoke suddenly, screaming. The ritual room was as it was when I had been awake before, but Dyeheart had collapsed. The knife he held was laying on the floor, still covered in my blood.

I think I may have spent an hour trying to recollect the pieces of my shattered psyche, and when I did, I decided that I needed to leave.

The bonds that held me before broke away rather easily. I noticed that my stomach had healed and I decided that I needed to clean myself up immediately. I collected my clothes and gear, took Dyeheart's dagger, still covered in my blood, and left the scene.

I lied to the adventurer's guild not because I wanted to hide the information about the Dream. No. I did so because I wanted to hide my feelings about the monster.

It was so beautiful it might drive a man insane from desire. It was so disgusting it might make children vomit at its sight. It was chaos incarnate, a contradiction given form.

I think I'm in love.

Bochi

> > >
Recovering the Dead Body
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Search for the dead body.
  • Verify the identity of the body.
  • Recover the body and bring it back to the city.
A few days ago, there was another casualty out in the wilderness. The guild has not yet had a chance to recover the body yet. The family is urgently demanding for a proper burial.We've provided you with a photo and their last known location... Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >
"Oh, at least this one's in a normal place this time. So he went missing about a week ago, and the spotter was a courier who smelt something off. The family consists of parents and a wife and daughter. Alright, I'll take this one then."

The location's somewhat weird though...I think I better ask them some questions.

*Knock* *Knock*

Ten minutes later, Vicious left the house with some answers and more questions than she had entered with.

So they were planning to visit his parents, but he asked his wife and kid to go ahead first, and he would join them later. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence for him to do that, so they weren't too worried, but this time it dragged on for quite a bit...and when they finally got news, it was of that sort. Ugh. I better take a trip to the house then.

*****​
Once again, it was slightly after noon when she arrived at the residence, a small sawmill on the outskirts of the city. The property wasn't that large---a yard with lumber stacked and waiting to be cut, a small house that would be cozy for a family of three, and the area where the sawing would take place.

Though in this case, the saw wasn't really used for it's intended purpose. Vicious stared at the splotches of red everywhere, and sighed.

Looks like the burial will have to be a closed casket one, because there's no way anyone's patching this back together...I wonder what provoked them exactly, for him to have such an end.

She obviously wasn't there to watch it happen, but her instincts told her that the man, a log cutter in his forties, had died slowly and in incredible agony. They had started with his feet, and then his hands, slowly working up the body...in the end, he had most likely died from bleeding out. She couldn't even close his eyes as a gesture for him to pass in peace.

But they didn't finish their work, because his right arm was still intact, even though the saw is still moving. And there's another corpse here which I'm sure is one of the culprits behind his murder, as well as bloody footprints leading out of the property line...and there's this wreck here, which suggests a heavy impact. Something had interrupted halfway, violently. Something really big, and most likely monstrous. Well, I'll go take a peek in the house, then come back and...collect his pieces in a tablecloth or something. But before that...

She stooped and examined the second corpse, pulling back the hood to reveal a bearded man whose eyes were still wide open with fear, despite having perished long since. There was no obvious marks or bleeding on him, but he must have been swatted aside with sizeable force, given that he crashed into a log at the wrong angle and broke his neck. Death came instantly.

What else, what else...oh, look at this. And here I thought I haven't seen it for quite some time. It's my old friend the mysterious emblem, back to see me again...Yeah. I could do without this old friend, really. So it was related to demons, as usual, and they got chased off by some kind of monster. That seems to be how it happened.

Finishing her inspection, Vicious went into the house with the key she had been given, and took a careful look around.

Nothing of value seems to be missing, but the house has been ransacked. They were looking for something here, and whatever it is...

She stared at the blood trail leading outside.

They didn't seem to have found it. That's why they brought him outside, I'm guessing. But what was he keeping exactly?

The bereaved wife had told her that her husband seemed to spent a lot of time on the couch, whenever he was not working. They even had an argument about it, to the point where he ended up sleeping on the couch every night. They hadn't been able to make up before his demise.

Pity. Though I'm getting the vibe that he deliberately didn't want his wife or kid near the couch...but for what purpose?

She paced around the small couch, staring at the plain craftsmanship and ordinary material. Whatever drew the man to spent a not-insignificant portion of his everyday life here, it definitely wasn't because the couch was comfy. She tried it out.

*Thud*

Her footfall caused a hollow knocking sound underneath the carpet as she sat.

Could it be?

Flipping the carpet over, Vicious saw nothing off about the floor, but when she rapped her knuckles against the wood, she heard the hollow knocking sound again. So she knocked some of the floorboards loose with her bat, and underneath was a box made in the same size as the hole it occupied, and inside was a cloth package. She unwrapped it.

...What the f***. I'm grabbing the bodies and going back to the city. After that it's none of my business.

Wrapped in the red cloth was a shrivelled heart, and she'd seen enough to those to know it was human.

Last edited:

Silver

If You See Something, Say Something
Objectives:
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning intel.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G

Slamming his fist on the training grounds wall, he growled, “Damn it!” He hated this feeling. This feeling of helplessness. This feeling of not being able to do anything to change. This feeling of being too weak. He hated it all.

Did he really have to go back to his teacher? And let her find him like this? No, not now, he had to get a little stronger before he met her again.

And his next mission was...nothing. They had told him if he found more information on the Ravens that would be nice but with the oncoming slime tide and cultist lurking below them the higher ups had told them they had to put their priorities straight and focus on those first. The last thing they needed was infighting in the city.

So moving back to the slums, he headed towards one of the places he’d first gathered info about them from the unmarked bar.

Now with the doors in shambles and traces of dragged furniture. He frowned, this place really had aged badly since the last time he had been here.

Wandering around for a bit, he noticed a group of mismatched floor boards. Inspecting them closer, he felt an opening. And a couple steps later, he had found a hatch. But as he opened it, an unpleasant smell wafted out. A smell he had forgotten long ago. The smell of burned corpses.

Wrinkling his nose as he entered the cellar, he saw burned logs, scratched cages, and the corpses clinging to their cages. With nothing else he could find. He reported it to the guards and sent a copy to the guild.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Familiar Gone Missing
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Locate Shiori's runaway familiar and bring it back to her house.
Description: ...What, Shiori needs to give more details? Bah, fine! So this other day, Shiori was in the midst of some questionable magic experiments when some idiot passing through the area decided to trespass. He got chased off, of course, but the big oaf chased him out too far and probably got lost or something. Shiori wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case. But since he's not dead, Shiori can't summon a new familiar to replace him. And that's a problem for Shiori. Oh, also, he's quite eye-catching and probably will eat your face off, so make sure to feed him a potato or something. That'll keep him docile.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Others: Black Witch's Brew (Random buff if consumed by user, random debuff if used on others.)
Report - Solet' Luna
Luna refused to come out today, so I needed to write this report myself. Very hard. Thankfully I learnt a little from the former teacher.

After asking about the direction of the familiar, I set off to find it. It was not hard because of its clumsiness, the loud footstep and the deep footprint. When I arrived it was standing in front of a lake, immersing itself in its own image.

I threw potatoes at it, causing it to scream and almost fell into the lake. Even more so, it picked the potatoes up and took a bite out of it, however, it quickly spat out and yelled in gibberish. I stood there for a moment before sitting down and pick up the remaining potatoes up.

Without any idea to do anything, I decided to slice the peeled the potatoes for the oaf. The result, it happily ate them all and followed me for more. The quest has been quite easy.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Not feeling tired from the day in the sewers, Liana strolled around the city - feeling more energised the darker the sky became. As she strolled along, she heard a group of men dressed in uniformed armour mentioning about there being a lack of people to help keep watch through the night. Being the generous and kind person she was, Liana went up to them and smiled:

"You need some help keeping watch at night? If it's okay, I'm willing to. I'd be idling away, if not."

The three guards looked at her, then looked at each other, before the oldest looking one stepped forward.

"Doing the Night Watch isn't a spring breeze, you know? You have to watch out for monsters, vagabonds and criminals; sound the alarm if there's an attack; must stay awake all night and not leave your post for anything - even the toilet. Not to be rude, but you don't seem like the kind of girl who could do all of that."

He waved his hand at her, as if to move her away, before turning back to his companions and walking off. Feeling a little hurt at the guard's words, she pouted before catching up to him.

"I'm willing! I'm very willing! Didn't you say you needed someone? It's not as if I'll actually have to fight anyone, since I'll just sound the alarm. Or is it that you don't want to be one-upped by a woman?"

The guard blushed at Liana's last remark before hardening his face and waving at her again.

"Fine! You want to embarrass yourself? Then do it! Clive!"

"Yes sir!" The youngest looking of the guards straightened his posture as he saluted.

"I'll pair you with the little lady. Don't let her show you up!"

"Yes sir!"

With that, Clive guided Liana to their watch post and explained what to do for certain situations. Then night fell.
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
Standing at either end of the wall for their section, Clive and Liana were keeping watch on the outer city - looking out for any possible monster attacks. As the night went on, Clive began glancing at his companion while yawning his fatigue away.

"How are you not feeling tired? I hate doing the Night Watch. It's hard to see things, you can't drink any alcohol, it gets cold and you can't go home until dawn. It even messes with your sleeping schedule! My dear Adele at home! How she must be lonely without my body to keep her company!"

He actually started crying a little bit as he hugged his arms around himself. Liana's eyes glowed a dim reddish light from her gold irises - her face showing only a glimmer of emotion.

"...I actually think working at night is more relaxing for me. As for seeing things, I guess I just have better night vision than you."

"Eh? Really? Most girls I know feel scared of the night. Especially in this world. Ah, my family was sent over through the Gate by our Lord as a sign of good faith with the higher ups. My sweet Adele sneaked in with our group so she could be with me."

"...I see...Why are you standing so close to me?"

As they'd been talking, Clive had been slowly sidling up to her. Hearing her words, he paused and scratched the back of his head - a little embarrassed.

"I was feeling cold and was trying to get warm, he he he."

"...There's a fire on the other end for you to keep warm. Stick to your duties." Her eyes were cold as she moved away from him - always looking for any signs of unwanted activity.

"...You're right...I'll just...get back to my post, then..."

Just as he turned around to walk back, he felt his shoulder get pulled down and he fell on the floor. Looking around, he saw Liana crouched beside him while peering over the wall - an arrow was stuck and quivering on the wooden post that was right behind where Clive had just been standing. Seeing that, he gave a high-pitched scream before running away - leaving Liana on her own on the wall.

"..."

Moving to the wooden post, Liana rang the bell, alerting the rest of the guards to the goblins who had decided to attempt to raid the city with their grand total of 6...

After about 10 minutes, the goblins were subjugated and the guard captain reprimanded Clive for leaving his post.

"You lazy fool! You coward! You let such a meek girl show you up!"

"I'm sorry, Sir!"

Clive had tears in his eyes as he felt the shame and embarrassment of his actions. One of the other guards went up to him and patted him on the back while the guard captain walked up to Liana.

"Good job! At least you know how to ring a bell. I'll assign someone else to work the rest of the night with you, sending Clive was a poor choice." He sighed in exasperation. "Well, let's get back to our positions! The night won't watch itself!"

With that, everyone returned to their posts and resumed their work - Liana included. As the sun rose in the sky - signalling dawn - Liana's first Night Watch job ended with only the goblin skirmish and cowardly guard incident occurring.

Feeling more tired as the sun rose higher in the sky, Liana wrote up her report and handed it in to the place the guard captain directed her to so she could receive her payment.
@ohko

X

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Report for Quest: If You See Something, Say Something
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Quest Information: Earlier today, I had been working with an alchemist known as Simon Dyeheart. (source) For the past three days, I had been working with him as an assistant in order to gain access to the Alchemist Guild's equipment. For the sessions we had been working together, I had been asked to help making potions. I had previously thought that he asked my help because I was an aspiring alchemist, but now I sure that isn't the case.
Today, while I was helping him, he had me helping him make a sleeping draught. Going over what I did, I didn't make any mistakes when creating it, but somehow, it blew up in my face. Dyeheart seemed concerned at first, but then he grew irritated and after I remade the potion, he had me leave. It seemed like he was upset over me making a mistake, but after thinking it over, I began to suspect something else. I believed that he may have been intentionally trying to drug me, but it failed due to my unusually strong resistance. For what purpose, I had no idea, but I intended to find out.
Later that night, I returned to the potion shop. The shop was deserted but the door was unlocked so I quietly let myself in. I intended to creep into the back to see what Dyeheart was doing, but then I crossed the trip wire. Gas filled the room, and even my resistance was not enough to overcome its effects.
When I woke up, I was tied up and secured to the ground. Most of my clothing had been removed. Dyeheart was spouting something incomprehensible about other beings in some kind of chant.
Partway into doing some sort of ritual, Dyeheart collapsed with his hand clenched over his heart. I believe he may have suffered from some kind of heart attack partway through. I can only thank my luck for this. After a few hours I was able to extricate myself from the ropes, grab my clothing and items, and return to the guild. I don't know what he was doing, but it was highly suspicious. I do not desire to return to that place, but I would recommend someone else investigate the scene.

I'm not entirely certain why I had to lie to the guild, but I felt it was necessary. They wouldn't understand my feelings. I don't understand these feelings. I shouldn't be feeling anything like this.

And yet...

When I woke up after being drugged by Dyeheart, I heard him chanting something. I was only able to hear the ending part of it, but the words were enough to send my mind reeling. They were not of any language I had ever heard before, but somehow, I felt as if I knew what he was saying. He was speaking of the Outsiders and asking for the guidance of the one referred to as the Dream. He asked for it to grant him more time in exchange for the sacrifice he would be making.

Then he took out the dagger and plunged it into my stomach.

I screamed.

He continued to recite his ritual as he stabbed me again. And again. And once more.

The marks left by the blade have left a permanent mark, even after they've been healed by a potion. Somehow, I don't think they'll ever fade.

And then the world fell out from beneath me and I knew its presence.

I saw the Dream.

It saw me.

And I knew fear as though I had never known it before.

I was the ant before the boot, the fly before the swatter, the lamb unto the slaughter. And though I knew I was about to die, and though I knew no one would ever find where I went or how it happened, I had a simple fleeting thought.

A crazy, childish thought.

I wondered what kind of potions I could have made out of bizarre monstrous god such as that. I wondered if one could capture that which cannot exist within the realm of understanding. I wondered if I could kill that concept to harvest it for parts.

I felt the new world I had found myself within pause.

And I felt a deep mirth born of some unknown reason emanate from the monster.

I awoke suddenly, screaming. The ritual room was as it was when I had been awake before, but Dyeheart had collapsed. The knife he held was laying on the floor, still covered in my blood.

I think I may have spent an hour trying to recollect the pieces of my shattered psyche, and when I did, I decided that I needed to leave.

The bonds that held me before broke away rather easily. I noticed that my stomach had healed and I decided that I needed to clean myself up immediately. I collected my clothes and gear, took Dyeheart's dagger, still covered in my blood, and left the scene.

I lied to the adventurer's guild not because I wanted to hide the information about the Dream. No. I did so because I wanted to hide my feelings about the monster.

It was so beautiful it might drive a man insane from desire. It was so disgusting it might make children vomit at its sight. It was chaos incarnate, a contradiction given form.

I think I'm in love.
You seem a little off today, the incident must have shocked you. Anyway, rest well, I'll let the guild know about this incident. The demon and their cult are getting out of hand... I can't believe Luna love to investigate these events. *Sighs*

Rewards: 50 EXP, 30 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Oh, at least this one's in a normal place this time. So he went missing about a week ago, and the spotter was a courier who smelt something off. The family consists of parents and a wife and daughter. Alright, I'll take this one then."

The location's somewhat weird though...I think I better ask them some questions.

*Knock* *Knock*

Ten minutes later, Vicious left the house with some answers and more questions than she had entered with.

So they were planning to visit his parents, but he asked his wife and kid to go ahead first, and he would join them later. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence for him to do that, so they weren't too worried, but this time it dragged on for quite a bit...and when they finally got news, it was of that sort. Ugh. I better take a trip to the house then.

*****​
Once again, it was slightly after noon when she arrived at the residence, a small sawmill on the outskirts of the city. The property wasn't that large---a yard with lumber stacked and waiting to be cut, a small house that would be cozy for a family of three, and the area where the sawing would take place.

Though in this case, the saw wasn't really used for it's intended purpose. Vicious stared at the splotches of red everywhere, and sighed.

Looks like the burial will have to be a closed casket one, because there's no way anyone's patching this back together...I wonder what provoked them exactly, for him to have such an end.

She obviously wasn't there to watch it happen, but her instincts told her that the man, a log cutter in his forties, had died slowly and in incredible agony. They had started with his feet, and then his hands, slowly working up the body...in the end, he had most likely died from bleeding out. She couldn't even close his eyes as a gesture for him to pass in peace.

But they didn't finish their work, because his right arm was still intact, even though the saw is still moving. And there's another corpse here which I'm sure is one of the culprits behind his murder, as well as bloody footprints leading out of the property line...and there's this wreck here, which suggests a heavy impact. Something had interrupted halfway, violently. Something really big, and most likely monstrous. Well, I'll go take a peek in the house, then come back and...collect his pieces in a tablecloth or something. But before that...

She stooped and examined the second corpse, pulling back the hood to reveal a bearded man whose eyes were still wide open with fear, despite having perished long since. There was no obvious marks or bleeding on him, but he must have been swatted aside with sizeable force, given that he crashed into a log at the wrong angle and broke his neck. Death came instantly.

What else, what else...oh, look at this. And here I thought I haven't seen it for quite some time. It's my old friend the mysterious emblem, back to see me again...Yeah. I could do without this old friend, really. So it was related to demons, as usual, and they got chased off by some kind of monster. That seems to be how it happened.

Finishing her inspection, Vicious went into the house with the key she had been given, and took a careful look around.

Nothing of value seems to be missing, but the house has been ransacked. They were looking for something here, and whatever it is...

She stared at the blood trail leading outside.

They didn't seem to have found it. That's why they brought him outside, I'm guessing. But what was he keeping exactly?

The bereaved wife had told her that her husband seemed to spent a lot of time on the couch, whenever he was not working. They even had an argument about it, to the point where he ended up sleeping on the couch every night. They hadn't been able to make up before his demise.

Pity. Though I'm getting the vibe that he deliberately didn't want his wife or kid near the couch...but for what purpose?

She paced around the small couch, staring at the plain craftsmanship and ordinary material. Whatever drew the man to spent a not-insignificant portion of his everyday life here, it definitely wasn't because the couch was comfy. She tried it out.

*Thud*

Her footfall caused a hollow knocking sound underneath the carpet as she sat.

Could it be?

Flipping the carpet over, Vicious saw nothing off about the floor, but when she rapped her knuckles against the wood, she heard the hollow knocking sound again. So she knocked some of the floorboards loose with her bat, and underneath was a box made in the same size as the hole it occupied, and inside was a cloth package. She unwrapped it.

...What the f***. I'm grabbing the bodies and going back to the city. After that it's none of my business.

Wrapped in the red cloth was a shrivelled heart, and she'd seen enough to those to know it was human.
Ah, Miss Vicious— I think Luna called you something demon-related. Anyway, you seem to be entangled with the demons again. Please talk care of yourself!

Why do ladies like to investigate about demons, exactly? I have no idea...

Rewards: 100 EXP, 10 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Slamming his fist on the training grounds wall, he growled, “Damn it!” He hated this feeling. This feeling of helplessness. This feeling of not being able to do anything to change. This feeling of being too weak. He hated it all.

Did he really have to go back to his teacher? And let her find him like this? No, not now, he had to get a little stronger before he met her again.

And his next mission was...nothing. They had told him if he found more information on the Ravens that would be nice but with the oncoming slime tide and cultist lurking below them the higher ups had told them they had to put their priorities straight and focus on those first. The last thing they needed was infighting in the city.

So moving back to the slums, he headed towards one of the places he’d first gathered info about them from the unmarked bar.

Now with the doors in shambles and traces of dragged furniture. He frowned, this place really had aged badly since the last time he had been here.

Wandering around for a bit, he noticed a group of mismatched floor boards. Inspecting them closer, he felt an opening. And a couple steps later, he had found a hatch. But as he opened it, an unpleasant smell wafted out. A smell he had forgotten long ago. The smell of burned corpses.

Wrinkling his nose as he entered the cellar, he saw burned logs, scratched cages, and the corpses clinging to their cages. With nothing else he could find. He reported it to the guards and sent a copy to the guild.
Way too many corpses appear in the city lately. Maybe something really bad is going on under the current?

Rewards: 50 EXP, 30 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
> > >
Homeless Street Kids
Objectives:
  • Prevent street kids from stealing at the market.
  • Teach(?) them a lesson (how?).
  • Spend some time with the child.
One of the problems of a city like ours is that there are many orphans.
Adventurers and mercenaries think they can go off on a big adventure.
However, many of them never come back.
Orphans often loiter in the Scribel City market.
What will you do about them?
Rewards:
  • Money: 5 G
> > >
Report - Solet' Luna
The children are pitiful, losing their guardians and left alone to the orphanage. I just couldn't do anything to help them other than buying them some food and retelling them my previous quest. They seemed to enjoy me telling tales that they grouped up around me all day long.

In the end, I ended up showing my little bit of holy magic, creating a ray of golden light and controlled it with my hand. The only thing bad was that the kids kept calling me auntie... Although I'm in Luna's body, she's not that old, okay!?

Bochi

Report - Solet' Luna
Luna refused to come out today, so I needed to write this report myself. Very hard. Thankfully I learnt a little from the former teacher.

After asking about the direction of the familiar, I set off to find it. It was not hard because of its clumsiness, the loud footstep and the deep footprint. When I arrived it was standing in front of a lake, immersing itself in its own image.

I threw potatoes at it, causing it to scream and almost fell into the lake. Even more so, it picked the potatoes up and took a bite out of it, however, it quickly spat out and yelled in gibberish. I stood there for a moment before sitting down and pick up the remaining potatoes up.

Without any idea to do anything, I decided to slice the peeled the potatoes for the oaf. The result, it happily ate them all and followed me for more. The quest has been quite easy.
"Huh. Well, the client sent a note saying that she was satisfied, so I suppose it works out. This came with the mail, by the way. Be careful not to break it."

Even through the glass and the cork stopper, there was a pungent, burnt smell from the vial that looked somewhat like a witch's pointy hat.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Others: Black Witch's Brew (Random buff if consumed by user, random debuff if used on others.)
> > >
Homeless Street Kids
Objectives:
  • Prevent street kids from stealing at the market.
  • Teach(?) them a lesson (how?).
  • Spend some time with the child.
One of the problems of a city like ours is that there are many orphans.
Adventurers and mercenaries think they can go off on a big adventure.
However, many of them never come back.
Orphans often loiter in the Scribel City market.
What will you do about them?
Rewards:
> > >
Report - Solet' Luna
The children are pitiful, losing their guardians and left alone to the orphanage. I just couldn't do anything to help them other than buying them some food and retelling them my previous quest. They seemed to enjoy me telling tales that they grouped up around me all day long.

In the end, I ended up showing my little bit of holy magic, creating a ray of golden light and controlled it with my hand. The only thing bad was that the kids kept calling me auntie... Although I'm in Luna's body, she's not that old, okay!?
"On the bright side, they'll probably have forgotten about it tomorrow. Or perhaps not. Either way, nicely done."

Rewards:

Reciful

Healing Herbs
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >

Character: Reciful "The innocent malice"
Level: 1 (Rank 0)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Healing Herbs

Reciful will collect herbs!♪

Reciful Go toward the forest!♪

Reciful find sooo many plants & tree's beings!♪

Reciful find many herbs beings!!♪

Reciful don't know which is the healing herb being~♪

But Reciful gets some help from the small green person...Goblin!♪

There is a Goblin stalking a female adventure sneaky... So Reciful decided to get Goblin to help Reciful!♪

Reciful Dive & enters the shadow, from the shadows, Reciful travel to where the Goblin shadow is!!♪

From within the Goblin shadow! Reciful used Her tendrils to entangled the Goblin person!♪

Goblin person is struggling too much so I materials the Goblins shadow & make it part of myself to form it into a shadow tentacles! Now Goblin is incapacitated!♪

Then Reciful feed the goblin all the herbs Reciful collected, to see which is the healing herbs!♪

Plant being with 3 flowers is bad! It poison the Goblin♪

Yellow plant being flower is also bad! It paralysed the Goblin♪

Bright Grass being is good! It heal goblin♪

This normal looking long flower is super bad! It choked the goblin♪

Plant being with 2 flowers is good it heals the goblin!♪

Now Reciful know which is Healing herb!! Thank you Goblin!♪
Hmmm? I wonder why Goblin limbs is twisted in a funny way? Let's twist it more!...Ah!? It tears off!

Reciful collected bunch & bunch of Bright green grass & twin flowers!♪ now Reciful shall go home!♪

I also brought with me the Goblin person who lost all of its limbs to you As a gift To the Receptionist person!!♪♪

And Reciful complete her job! Nicely!♪

Signed: Reciful The Eldritch Abomination!

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
City Guard Training
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?
A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...
But here you'll have learn how to work as a team.
You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs).
Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam.
Either you all pass or you all fail!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
  • Other: City Guard License
Report - Solet' Luna
Solet said that he wanted to get stronger, so we accepted the quest to be trained by the city guards. I also felt like I'm not progressing fast enough with the impending chaos. If I wanted to find the 'right path', then I must get stronger, and wiser.

Although at first, the guards looked surprised as they observed my feminine body. They did not think that a fragile-looking girl would be willing to train with them. However, after Solet took over and duelled with one of them to a stand-still, their gaze seemed to change from pleasant surprise to admiration.

Nevertheless, the day passed rather quickly for me, but Solet said that my stamina was too little and that it was hell for him. At least, with this amount of training, I could feel fresher and a little bit more energetic. I guessed that if this kept up, my strange illness would vanish after a week.

In there, Solet, using his past CQQ experience, was able to pick up many of the basic weapons, including sword, spear, axe, and even greatsword. He told me that it was like he went back in time to when the church first picked him up. He had a lot of fun during the quest and that he would like to come back again. To be fair, the night guard shift was really peaceful. It allowed me to recollect my past experience and knowledge. Thankfully, Solet and I could swap place in resting and controlling the body, otherwise, I would be dead since the second day.

Once the last day arrived, Solet and the other guards were talking, and it sounded like they were weeping. The seven days in here was like forever in here. The place was fun and challenging. They fought against a bandit group once, and it was very eye-opening.

I thought that the city guards would be weak and feeble, but in reality, they were highly disciplined and organized, forming an unbreakable formation that crushed the overconfident bandits without any casualty. Especially the city guard captain, Lord Wiscard Bruhn, he was as fast as a leopard and as strong as a bear. I predicted that, only when Solet was at his peak in the previous life, would he defeated this person.

When the final exam arrived, Solet was told to report for duty in front of the barrack. When stood there for half an hour but no one came out, he slowly moved in to knock on the gate, before opening it gently. Inside of the building was not any special test, but a simple feast. Many food and drink were arranged nicely, while many of his friends were already there, sitting and devouring the meal.

"The final exam? You've already passed it since day one." Apparently, the final exam was defeating one city guard. So the day continued until evening, where Solet finally let go and went back to report to the guild. Naturally, he went to sleep as soon as he arrived so I was the one who wrote this report again.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Character: Reciful "The innocent malice"
Level: 1 (Rank 0)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Healing Herbs

Reciful will collect herbs!♪

Reciful Go toward the forest!♪

Reciful find sooo many plants & tree's beings!♪

Reciful find many herbs beings!!♪

Reciful don't know which is the healing herb being~♪

But Reciful gets some help from the small green person...Goblin!♪

There is a Goblin stalking a female adventure sneaky... So Reciful decided to get Goblin to help Reciful!♪

Reciful Dive & enters the shadow, from the shadows, Reciful travel to where the Goblin shadow is!!♪

From within the Goblin shadow! Reciful used Her tendrils to entangled the Goblin person!♪

Goblin person is struggling too much so I materials the Goblins shadow & make it part of myself to form it into a shadow tentacles! Now Goblin is incapacitated!♪

Then Reciful feed the goblin all the herbs Reciful collected, to see which is the healing herbs!♪

Plant being with 3 flowers is bad! It poison the Goblin♪

Yellow plant being flower is also bad! It paralysed the Goblin♪

Bright Grass being is good! It heal goblin♪

This normal looking long flower is super bad! It choked the goblin♪

Plant being with 2 flowers is good it heals the goblin!♪

Now Reciful know which is Healing herb!! Thank you Goblin!♪
Hmmm? I wonder why Goblin limbs is twisted in a funny way? Let's twist it more!...Ah!? It tears off!

Reciful collected bunch & bunch of Bright green grass & twin flowers!♪ now Reciful shall go home!♪

I also brought with me the Goblin person who lost all of its limbs to you As a gift To the Receptionist person!!♪♪

And Reciful complete her job! Nicely!♪

Signed: Reciful The Eldritch Abomination!
Hm... I suggested you not to do this experiment again and just memorized the healing herb instead. Although you had already tested it with the goblins, there is no sure way to know that it would give off the same result when used with humans. I'll let this slide for now but there must be no more!

Rewards: 45 EXP, 20 G

Work at the forge Pt.3
> > >

Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >

The self-styled squire, strolled through the guild hall with a measured pace, he was dressed in a blacksmith attire, but unlike the first time he did this quest, he was in no rush, his face and hair was just like first time covered in soot and ash. But unlike the previous look of desperation, the look of urgency, this time he carried the look of pride. And in his hand an Iron blacksmith's hammer.

Sliding across the receptionist's counter was his written report.

Processed and filed
I Greet thee, officer of the guild,

It has been two months since the last been here, the task of assisting the blacksmith seem superficial at this point. I had worked at the forge every waking moment since left here, I worked until I could strike a blade in my sleep, when I was too tired to move I watched and I learned. When the menial tasks were done I hovered in the shadows of the craftsmen and devoured the knowledge like a starving man to a feast.

The passage of time was unobserved, little did I know after a few days I had already finished my quest and aided the blacksmith with his craft thoroughly, the blade, it was a splendid specimen.

But, I did not leave the forge.

The next day I helped another blacksmith with another craft, an axe, and then in a few days another. And just like that two months flew by.

You will find this funny, I only realized I was at the forge due to a quest because the forge-master kicked me out, He got angry and yelled at the blacksmiths for slothfulness. And they should not let an apprentice do more then he should.

I begged the forge-master to allow me back, I want to learn more, live more for the forge. I told him I need not be paid I only need materials and I will happily work, do everyone's jobs, even his. But he said nay... he did not say why, only gave me a set of blacksmith's tools and sent me on my way.

And so, I have retuned, to turn in my report, in person this time.

I still wonder, should I for let go my ambition as an adventurer and seek not the life of a chivalrous knight.. and be blacksmith?

I do not know, I remain.

Lusting for iron and flame.
Zorion Orti

Last edited:

Himekawa

Work at the forge Pt.3
> > >

Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >

The self-styled squire, strolled through the guild hall with a measured pace, he was dressed in a blacksmith attire, but unlike the first time he did this quest, he was in no rush, his face and hair was just like first time covered in soot and ash. But unlike the previous look of desperation, the look of urgency, this time he carried the look of pride. And in his hand an Iron blacksmith's hammer.

Sliding across the receptionist's counter was his written report.

I Greet thee, officer of the guild,

It has been two months since the last been here, the task of assisting the blacksmith seem superficial at this point. I had worked at the forge every waking moment since left here, I worked until I could strike a blade in my sleep, when I was too tired to move I watched and I learned. When the menial tasks were done I hovered in the shadows of the craftsmen and devoured the knowledge like a starving man to a feast.

The passage of time was unobserved, little did I know after a few days I had already finished my quest and aided the blacksmith with his craft thoroughly, the blade, it was a splendid specimen.

But, I did not leave the forge.

The next day I helped another blacksmith with another craft, an axe, and then in a few days another. And just like that two months flew by.

You will find this funny, I only realized I was at the forge due to a quest because the forge-master kicked me out, He got angry and yelled at the blacksmiths for slothfulness. And they should not let an apprentice do more then he should.

I begged the forge-master to allow me back, I want to learn more, live more for the forge. I told him I need not be paid I only need materials and I will happily work, do everyone's jobs, even his. But he said nay... he did not say why, only gave me a set of blacksmith's tools and sent me on my way.

And so, I have retuned, to turn in my report, in person this time.

I still wonder, should I for let go my ambition as an adventurer and seek not the life of a chivalrous knight.. and be blacksmith?

I do not know, I remain.

Lusting for iron and flame.
Zorion Orti
she was reading the quest report #00635. that adventurer, she noticed, did forgot to bring firewood. Was he too absorbed in learning, that he forgot the quest requirement?

Seeing that he had done the third quest satisfactorily, though, means that she had to give him access to the forge. That meant getting the forge-master's permission.

-----------
The message from the forge-master arrived. it contained the approval of the forge master. with the forge-master's permission, she issued the forge access for the adventurer as the reward.

Reward: 55 EXP, smithing forge access.

OOC: please make sure to mark the quest as appraised.

Hours ago Zorion was seen at the guild's quest board, recently he had stop donning his armour and remained in his blacksmith attire. He looked at the board and wondered, Am i ready to fight again?

Then he saw a quest, rage was on his face, he took the quest docket and left the Guild hall.

The Lost Engagement Ring
Sponsor
: Aldo Wilmot
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Retrieve my lost engagement ring from the sewers
Description: Whilst on my way back from the jewellery store, someone bumped into me causing the ring to fall from the opened box and in between a sewer grate! My lover's birthday is in a few days, which is when I planned to propose! Please help me ASAP!
Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 20G

He returned the guild later with heavy steps and a pair of eyes that held an icy cold anger. Dragged behind him was one Aldo Wilmot, Aldo struggled and yapped trying to break free, but Zorion's iron grip held the man by the scruff and dragged him towards the reception like a sack of potatoes.

With a yank, aldo was thrown into the side of the wooden counter. Magic light etched words in the air before the receptionist's eyes.

"What is the meaning of this?"

Grabbing Aldo by the collar Zorion pulled the frightened man to his feet.

"I found rings for you... weeks ago, More rings than you needed..." The words that once glowed white started to show tinges of yellow.

"You accepted the rings... You marked the quest complete... YET!" Zorion's grip on the Aldo's collar tightened. "Yet! You have the audacity! The gall! To post the same quest again!"

The words of light flashed bright so the whole guild hall could see.

"How many adventurers braved the sewers for you? How many drenched themselves in filth for your "RING"!?" The words of light circled the two men, glowing with a red righteous fury, "HOW MANY MORE RINGS, MASTER WILMOT? HOW MANY MORE RINGS!?!?"

Zorion released Aldo, who promptly fell to the ground. And from his belt Zorion tossed a leather bag onto the counter. The leather vessel landed with chatter spewing forth... rings.... dozen upon dozens of rings. Gold, silver, diamond, ruby all in kinds of rings scattered across the counter. Yes, that question... how many adventurers found rings for this man?

The words of light in front of the receptionist now a gloomy cold blue, “Go find the guild master, I trust the guild will see to this fraud. And allow me... recompense and satisfaction.”

Zorion dropped the docket with the quest description and left the guild.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Hours ago Zorion was seen at the guild's quest board, recently he had stop donning his armour and remained in his blacksmith attire. He looked at the board and wondered, Am i ready to fight again?

Then he saw a quest, rage was on his face, he took the quest docket and left the Guild hall.

The Lost Engagement Ring
Sponsor
: Aldo Wilmot
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Retrieve my lost engagement ring from the sewers
Description: Whilst on my way back from the jewellery store, someone bumped into me causing the ring to fall from the opened box and in between a sewer grate! My lover's birthday is in a few days, which is when I planned to propose! Please help me ASAP!
Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 20G

He returned the guild later with heavy steps and a pair of eyes the held an icy cold anger. Dragging behind him was one Aldo Wilmot, Aldo struggled and yapped trying to break free, but Zorion's iron grip held the man by the scruff and dragged him towards the reception like a sack of potatoes.

With a yank, aldo was thrown into the side of the wooden counter. Magic light etched words in the air before the receptionist's eyes.

"What is the meaning of this?"

Grabbing Aldo by the collar Zorion pulled the frightened man to his feet.

"I found rings for you... weeks ago, More rings than you needed." The words that once glowed white now showed tinges of yellow.

"You accepted the rings... You marked the quest complete... YET!" his grip on the Aldo collar tightened. "Yet! You have the audacity! The gall! To post the same quest again!"

The words of light flashed bright, so the whole guild hall could see.

"How many adventurers braved the sewers for you? How many drenched themselves in filth! For your "RING"!?" The words of light circled the two men, glowing with a red righteous fury, "HOW MANY MORE RINGS, MASTER WILMOT? HOW MANY MORE RINGS!?!?"

Zorion released Aldo, who promptly fell to the ground. And from his belt Zorion tossed a leather bag onto the counter. The leather vessel landed with chatter spewing forth... rings.... dozen upon dozens of rings. Gold, silver, diamond, ruby all in kinds of rings scattered across the counter. Yes, that question... how many adventurers found rings for this man?

The words of light in front of the receptionist now a gloomy cold blue, “Go find the guild master, I trust the guild will see to this fraud. And allow me... recompense and satisfaction.”

Zorion dropped the docket with the quest description and left the guild.
This is... too... too interesting... hahaha. I'm sorry, but this man is a genius!

Ahem, my inner self just came out. I'll report this to the guild so please rest assured that justice will be served.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
(Threads of Silver #2) Process the Raw Silk
Sponsor: Vivis Netherbone
Requirements:
  • Requirement #2 (OR)
    • Level - 2 or higher
    • Knowledge of alchemy.
Objectives:
  • Requirement #2 (OR)
    • Process the batch of silk by yourself as per the given text.
Description:
Now that I have found the raw silk, it still requires processing to be usable. Luckily I already have the process text for it from the library with me. Get it processed exactly as per the method written within.

Rewards:
  • Requirement #2 (OR)
    • EXP: 80
    • Gold: 45
    • Others: None
OOC : Tag me on the report
Report - Solet' Luna
With my somewhat small amount of knowledge regarding alchemy, I shouldn't be taking this quest. However, those silks looked too good to not touched and processed by myself. I was going to get it at first, but someone just stole the quest before me. It's time for me to get real clothing that fitted my current body. The plain cloak is just too bland for me now.

Anyway, after getting my hand on those soft snow-like jumble of strings, I quickly placed them in an ideal condition. A dry place without any direct contract to deadly sunlight. After that, I gently, using the word gentle is but an understatement, weaved them into a long, uniform string of pure beauty and whiteness. It was hard at first, but as I slowly got familiar with the process, I finally picked up my speed. It was very satisfying to touch and weave them.

When everything got into the perfect condition, nice and soft, eye-soothing and pure, I slowly mixed the concoction as required by the book Miss Vivis gave me. It said that the liquid would act as a softening and an insect-repellent for the soaked material. It also gave off a very nature-like fragrance. Maybe I could tweak it into some like of fragrance diffuser?

Anyway, after soaking the silk in it until the silk itself was glowing, I took it out and dried it until every last drop of the liquid disappeared. Now, the silk was even more lovely than before. If not for my non-existence clothing skill, I would probably try to make my own clothing myself.

The rest is up to Miss Vivis herself, I guessed.

@Ddraig

Last edited:

Epsil

> > >
Hunting Mission
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >
"Materials, Materials, Mate-RIALS!" was all Adsall could think about as he went towards the forest. As he was off in thought, he went off-path.
By the time he snapped back to reality, he was already deep in the forest. "Fuck."

Even though Adsall was lost, he proceeded to look around and collect materials. "Healing Herbs, Vines, Weird Mushroom?, La di da"
rustle*
"Eh?"
Turning around he saw a bush rustling
*rustling intensifies*
Suddenly, a wild boar charged out of the bush hitting Adsall. Luckily he blocked it with his wooden shield.
Adsall proceeded to bring out his knife and stab the boar. It staggered back a bit, before dying.
After trying to harvest the boar, Adsall successfully extracted all the meat. However, he failed to extract the pelt.
Eventually Adsall ran into a forest ranger who gave him directions back to Scribel.
Items Gained: <Vines (5cm)> x 4, <Vines (10cm) x 2, <Healing Herbs> x 15, <Weird Mushroom> x 1,
Skills: <Foraging> : Beginner -> Skilled, < Dismantling > : Beginner

"...Mister Adsall, please be more careful when harvesting, you have very easily died when that boar charged you. You were very very lucky to block it in time and leave without even a broken arm nor ribs.

"You might think of this experience as just another day in the woods, but had you been just a bit slower, I would be now praying at your funeral, not appraising your report.

"The gods do not look kindly upon those that throw away the lives that were granted upon them. Please keep that in mind in the future.

"Nonetheless, the report was properly cleared, so have a nice rest and think carefully about the way you have been acting.

"May the gods remind you of the importance of carefulness."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 80
Money: 20G
Items: 5 Jerky

Last edited:

Himekawa

City Guard Training
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Report to the City Barracks.
  • Spend one week getting trained.
  • Work together with your team.
  • Pass the final exam.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
You want to be on the City Guard, huh?
A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before...
But here you'll have learn how to work as a team.
You'll be assigned to a team of four rookies (two pairs).
Your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam.
Either you all pass or you all fail!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G / person
Report - Solet' Luna
Solet said that he wanted to get stronger, so we accepted the quest to be trained by the city guards. I also felt like I'm not progressing fast enough with the impending chaos. If I wanted to find the 'right path', then I must get stronger, and wiser.

Although at first, the guards looked surprised as they observed my feminine body. They did not think that a fragile-looking girl would be willing to train with them. However, after Solet took over and duelled with one of them to a stand-still, their gaze seemed to change from pleasant surprise to admiration.

Nevertheless, the day passed rather quickly for me, but Solet said that my stamina was too little and that it was hell for him. At least, with this amount of training, I could feel fresher and a little bit more energetic. I guessed that if this kept up, my strange illness would vanish after a week.

In there, Solet, using his past CQQ experience, was able to pick up many of the basic weapons, including sword, spear, axe, and even greatsword. He told me that it was like he went back in time to when the church first picked him up. He had a lot of fun during the quest and that he would like to come back again. To be fair, the night guard shift was really peaceful. It allowed me to recollect my past experience and knowledge. Thankfully, Solet and I could swap place in resting and controlling the body, otherwise, I would be dead since the second day.

Once the last day arrived, Solet and the other guards were talking, and it sounded like they were weeping. The seven days in here was like forever in here. The place was fun and challenging. They fought against a bandit group once, and it was very eye-opening.

I thought that the city guards would be weak and feeble, but in reality, they were highly disciplined and organized, forming an unbreakable formation that crushed the overconfident bandits without any casualty. Especially the city guard captain, Lord Wiscard Bruhn, he was as fast as a leopard and as strong as a bear. I predicted that, only when Solet was at his peak in the previous life, would he defeated this person.

When the final exam arrived, Solet was told to report for duty in front of the barrack. When stood there for half an hour but no one came out, he slowly moved in to knock on the gate, before opening it gently. Inside of the building was not any special test, but a simple feast. Many food and drink were arranged nicely, while many of his friends were already there, sitting and devouring the meal.

"The final exam? You've already passed it since day one." Apparently, the final exam was defeating one city guard. So the day continued until evening, where Solet finally let go and went back to report to the guild. Naturally, he went to sleep as soon as he arrived so I was the one who wrote this report again.

Today's correspondence to the guard office finally arrived. As she examined and sorted the pile, one of them was from the city guard captain, sending the city guard license to the guild for one adventurer named Luna, along with the adventurer's progress report.

She looked at the quest list that was waiting to be verified. Since her stack was quite small, she was able to find the corresponding quest. As it was, the adventurer's report matched the guard office's progress report. Finding nothing, she forwarded the report to the receptionist after marked the quest as complete.

Rewards:
OOC: notify me the mistake in naming because I am on mobile. Also mark the quest as complete somewhere in the report. Thank you.

Last edited: