Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Euka

Second day in this strange place. Sun seems to haven't risen yet. Some of my minor wounds from yesterday have not yet healed, thinking so I head out to the Guild to find a suitable quest to patch myself up.

> > >
Healing Herbs
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

This seems to be a promising quest, maybe I'll keep some for myself to figure out how would they heal me. Asking around, it seems there's a Guild Library nearby. I head there and went through the books to find out about the healing herbs. I was luck as it seems that info about was recorded, but....... what the hell is mana? Herbs looking like grass is not any better either.

"*sigh* This proves to be more difficult than I had anticipated."

I closed the book and headed to the northern forest while picking up some small sacks along the way.

I arrived infront of the forest and recognized the area. It's where I came from before coming into the city. That doesn't matter right now, I have a job to do. Pushing my thoughts back, I head into the forest.

Searching through bushes I stumble upon on during my search, I still can't figure out what the difference is with each grass. They all look the same to me. Hours seem to have passed and have search deeper and deeper into the forest. No mater how much I compare each grass they really all look the same to me. About to give up, a peculiar sight in a corner of my eye.

I could see small white dots floating upwards towards, the place was quite a distance from me so I walked towards it. Arriving to the source, I could see clearly what those white dots were. Transparent spheres yet they shone brightly that you could see them from afar or clearly at night, and at their source was a small green puddle that shined as well.

I was mesmerized by radiance of the puddle when suddenly I heard a sudden noise nearby. The noise grows louder and before I knew it, it sounded they were many. With a loud thump, I place my tower shield infront of me and unsheathed my shortsword as wielding my lance would only be obstructed by the trees.

Showing themselves, five small figures came out of hiding from the back of the trees. Their body could only be compared by a small child yet they have greenish skin small protruding fangs along pointed ears. Some of them were carrying weapons like a knife or a branch as a club.

"Gobuu Gobyah!"

With that signal, all five beasts run straight for me. I lay my shield sideways at bash towards two on my left, the impact knocked them over but not enough for them to be knocked out. Another managed to sneak behind me and slashed at me. I suffered no injury due to my armor and only left a blade scratch on it. On my right is another beast trying to club me, however since my reach is far greater I slashed at its chest thus making it back off. Unable to recover, a beast slammed its club on my head. My helmet was undamaged, however the shock of the impact to my head made stumble. With my power, I slammed my shield to beast infront of me and sent it flying. The beasts, most bruised with one cut became wary of me seeing as if I am a wall that is hard to surpass.

"Come beast! I will show you the might of a Lancer!"

Prepared to make a stand, I once again place my shield infront of me while glaring at them. Although cautious, them seem to back off one by one when suddenly, the puddle nearby started to shine brightly.

"Gobu Goba! Gobyah! Gobyah!"

The beast started running away back into the shadows of the woods with one limping from the cut. Suddenly the ground started shaking and large brown vines came rising, entangling the limping beast.

"Gobuaa!! Gobuaa!!"

It seems to be calling for help but the others did not even dare to look back. The vines entangling the beast slowly dragged it into the ground until finally the vines along with the beast could no longer be seen.

Shock from I saw, I couldn't react to what was happening to me. Vines were entangling me as I struggle to get loose from them. As I break a few, more seems to replace the broken ones, until finally I was unable to move.

From the shining puddle came out a feminine figure. With slim body and a long green dress that compliments her long flowing green hair and emerald eyes. She approached me without making a sound on her footsteps.

"My oh my~~ Now what is a human doing in my home. What;s the matter? Vine got your tongue?"

I was surprised that she could talk to me that I forgot to respond.

"Ahh? Ahhh! Forgive me for I did not mean to intrude into your domain as I did not know you settled here. I merely wish to gather herbs with healing properties."

"Hmm? From how you fought you don't seem to be that injured."

"Nay, only minor wounds from past battles."

"Is that so..."

She squints her eyes as if not accepting my answer.

"You are a weird human, you.... lack mana. I suppose your body will do as nutrients for my home."

It didn't take much to guess what she meant. I can feel my blood drain from my head as I imagine being buried into the ground.

"Surely you jest...."

"Ufufufu~~~ Ahahaha!! Ahh.. I'm just toying with you. You humans haven't done much to my home so I'll spare you. Goblins tend to be plenty and will satiate my home with their bodies. They are more of a pest who invade and reproduce rather than anything."

With a flick of her finger, the vines entangling me became loose and went back to the ground.

"I am most grateful for your mercy. As such I do not wish to disturb your abode any longer, and so I will take my leave."

"Hooollld it. You said you needed herbs with healing properties right? Well here."

With a wave of her hand plants started growing around the shining puddle.

"You'll find these to be more effective in healing than a common healing herb long as it's nothing life threatening ofcourse."

In my fear for my life from this woman, I forgot all bout the quest. I accept her offer as it would be rude to not do so. Picking up the plants near the shining puddle, I noticed that the plants has three leaves protruding from the main stem, each leaf has a blue vein at its center that branches out to the edges of the leaves. I filled up the five small sacks and thanked the woman once again.

"I once again am grateful for your benevolence Madam. I am Reival of the Lancers. If our paths crossed again, you need not hesitate for my aid."

"Hush now I only did this on a whim, although I will accept your offer, Reival."

With that she soundlessly walked to the shining puddle and submerged into it. When I couldn't see her anymore, the puddle lost its shine and turned into transparent water.

Thinking my job here is finished and not wanting to encounter anymore dangers, I head back to the city and filed my report. It was already past midday when everything was finished and.... I forgot to gather for my own herbs.

Greetings to you Guild

I have delivered the 5 small sacks of "healing herbs", although I did not procure them in a traditional way. I have obtained them at a hours hike towards the deep forest. During my search, I have encountered a strange puddle that glimmers in its liquid. I was ambushed and initiated with green short beast with their ears being pointy. Although I was struck by them, my armour repelled their attacks and ave sustained no injury but alas for I did not deal a finishing blow to them.

A strange woman with emerald eyes, long hair, even her dress came out of the glimmering puddle. She called the beasts as "Goblins" and trapped one with her vines, only to have met its demise being dragged to the earth. I was also entangled by her vines but was later release out of her mercy.

She has offered me aid and has herself grown these herbs from near the glimmering puddle. She has also stated that "You'll find these to be more effective in healing than a common healing herb long as it's nothing life threatening." as such that I have submitted these finding and hope they may be of use.

At service to you, Lancer Reival

Report Evaluated - Evaluation Report

OOC: I should chill with the long ass stories in the future. They're kinda tiring to write.

Last edited:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Report - Solet' Luna
With my somewhat small amount of knowledge regarding alchemy, I shouldn't be taking this quest. However, those silks looked too good to not touched and processed by myself. I was going to get it at first, but someone just stole the quest before me. It's time for me to get real clothing that fitted my current body. The plain cloak is just too bland for me now.

Anyway, after getting my hand on those soft snow-like jumble of strings, I quickly placed them in an ideal condition. A dry place without any direct contract to deadly sunlight. After that, I gently, using the word gentle is but an understatement, weaved them into a long, uniform string of pure beauty and whiteness. It was hard at first, but as I slowly got familiar with the process, I finally picked up my speed. It was very satisfying to touch and weave them.

When everything got into the perfect condition, nice and soft, eye-soothing and pure, I slowly mixed the concoction as required by the book Miss Vivis gave me. It said that the liquid would act as a softening and an insect-repellent for the soaked material. It also gave off a very nature-like fragrance. Maybe I could tweak it into some like of fragrance diffuser?

Anyway, after soaking the silk in it until the silk itself was glowing, I took it out and dried it until every last drop of the liquid disappeared. Now, the silk was even more lovely than before. If not for my non-existence clothing skill, I would probably try to make my own clothing myself.

The rest is up to Miss Vivis herself, I guessed.

@Ddraig
"So soft!" I said as I rubbed my face on the silk. Observing the silk carefully, I remarked "Luna, you can even see a bit of the expensive silver-like sheen right now. It will be done after a bit of time in an Ice chamber," I said as I placed it in one. "This silk tends to have a liking to mana in general, silvery effect occurs when it is saturated with mana."

"The results speak for themselves, you did a great job on this Luna! Here is the promised reward of 45g!" I said as I handed her the coins.

"Now for the un-promised reward, I noticed you wanted clothes to be made for yourself. I will make them for you and even give you a bit of discount. Maybe a backless gown? Or something even more sexy? It would be hilarious seeing Solet fumble around in such clothes."

ooc: @GDLiZy if you want to continue the roleplay after the quest submission just tag me in tavern/freestyle rp! And if you want to discuss more about the clothes, again tag me in tavern/freestyle rp!

LazyLonduf

"Haaaah" Oam sighed while stretching her back.

"What's wrong?" the receptionist asked,

"My back's hurting, might have carried too many stones yesterday," Oam said, "If I had known that it'd hurt, I wouldn't have carried so many."

"You should take a day off," she said, "Not a lot of priestesses become adventurers, you know?"

"No, I can't," Oam said, "But, I won't be doing too much for today,"

The receptionist took the quest paper and nodded, "Sure, but don't push yourself too hard okay?"

> > >

Charity Work
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
Visit a local temple or orphanage.
Collect donations, food, and medical supplies from civilians.
Volunteer your time to help the needy.
Living in a frontier city has its tough moments.
Scribel City has high numbers of orphans and disabled veterans,
and the places that support them are overcrowded.
There simply isn't enough government money to help them all.
Will you step in to lend a hand?

Rewards:
Money: n/a
Other: n/a
> > >

Name: Oam Lola
Level: 1 (195/200)
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Carried some pickled food to the orphanage from the temple.

I met few of the devouts on my way to the temple. They said that the Adventurer Guild was planning to do a preliminary investigation into the murder (Was it on the Quest Board?). Some of the devouts decided to stay away from the temple until the storm calmed down. I still went there anyway. I didn't know where else I was going either.

It was a little hectic at the temple entrance with many civilians seemingly curious as to what occured inside, but only up until that point. The inside was quite empty, and many of the older monks and priests stayed. I met Zana for a bit, but it seems that she will be dedicating most of her day for prayer. I understand their sentiment.

When I stopped by the coin counting room, it was empty.

"Olm! right?" a lady sitting on a chair called out to me.

"It's Oam... sister Gab. Where is everyone?"

"Did you leave earlier this morning? The Priests from the Church of the God of Life tried to kick out a third of the temple, those that worshipped otherworld demons to be exact. A lot of people protested and now the temple's just a mess."

"...Ah, but they fight all the time too right"

"If you ask me, last night's murder was the last straw for them."

"I see..." I said, "did you see it... by the way?"

"The room of the murder is locked out, not a lot of people can bear the sight. The surrounding rooms also has a horrible smell going on, so a lot of people just simply stopped coming."

"I see... that explains it."

"We're also got a lot less donations, the counting's done by the way. I think we'll have to rely on our own pockets this evening." she said, "Speaking of food, can you carry things for me?"

"I... can't carry too much right now, my back's hurting,"

"Ah, it's not too heavy! Yesterday the sour pickle cult made some more pickled food. They put it in the orphanage's supplies section. My legs kindof died, so I can't quite get it to them now."

"..."

"Do you know the way to the orphanage? It's just ten to twenty minutes of walk from here." she picked a few jars out from beside her, "The kids might be starving, you should see the orphanage, it looked like it might collapse at any time."

I sighed, "Alright, I'll do it"

It was only three cans of pickled foods so I stuffed them in a bag. Still, the walk took me an hour. When I arrived at the orphanage, there were some children playing outside. Some were peeking around the corner. A girl was hiding behind a tree. It seemed lively despite the mood. The scene of the temple is still in my head, I can't help but get anxious.

The house still looked like it was made from cardboard.

I met with the receptionist lady and put down the bag. The lady seemed a bit concerned with me, she was still very nice. It seemed like she has been overworked too, as proven by the black circles aaround her eyes.

"How are the kids?" I asked as we sat down on the chairs.

"As naughty as ever," she said, "but kids should live a happy life, I don't mind a little bit of fatigue just to see their smiling faces,"

"You can't push yourself too much, you know?" I said, "Do you want a back rub?"

"Ah, please do!" she said, "I've been carrying things all day, I think my back could break."

"What a coincidence, my back is also hurting as well. If it isn't too much for you, can you rub my back too?"

"Ah~ that's the spot." she said.

"..."

"O-oh! Yes, I mean, of course!"

I think I might have strayed slightly offtopic.

---

"So this is what you've been carrying?"

"Everything in here breaks too easily."

I was looking at a cracked piece of a set of windows. Beside it were some nails and hammer with a sign of "DO NOT TOUCH".

"I tried hammering it down the window, but I was too scared when the frame cracked."

"How did the window break?"

The caretaker shook her head, "Little Don lifted his body up the window. The window broke off after he swung it back and forth a few times."

"Kids are light..."

"Yes, but this window was broken before. It was actually repaired by a hunter from the guild before..." the caretaker said with a sigh, "We've really wasted his efforts..."

I crouched and examined the wood, "I don't think it's entirely the kid's fault either..."

"What do you mean?"

"The window's already tearing in multiple places. It probably would've broken in a few weeks."

"Is that true..?"

"It's probably because of the wetness," I said, "It's also a little wet on the floor,"

"Yes, there was a brief shower last night--" she said before freezing mid-sentence, "Oh no, if the wood keeps getting wet, Will the floor might give way,"

"...I don't know," I lightly tapped on the floor with my umbrella, "...What's down there anyway?"

The knock sounded hollow.

"It's... uneven, some parts of the house don't even have foundation."

The kids seemed to like knocking on the wooden floor to make drum-like music. Occasionally the caretaker had to yell every once in a while to warn them not to bang on the walls. Otherwise it might quite literally break the house.

I walked around and pushed lightly around various parts of the floor. Some of the planks bent quite easily, while others didn't move.

"...I'm surprised it's still standing so firmly."

"They said that it's sturdy enough, we didn't have much funds then, so it was the only house we could buy."

I turned to her, "Do you have enough funds now?"

She sat down and melted on the chair, "No," she sighed, "not really,"

"I see..."

I thought for a moment.
Well, I have been thinking about it for a while, actually.

I have been thinking about the orphanage ever since I've visited it once. But I could only do so much, so I mainly sticked to the temple in search of gods... but it has also become a fruitless search. I couldn't ascertain which gods could help me and the gods there didn't seem to care for me. So I have also been thinking about leaving my place at the temple.

If I could raise my reputation in the guild, maybe I would be able to get better quests. I could also help the orphanage while I'm still without a patron deity. If I was ranked, I would get even better quests. Wouldn't that speed up my search for gods that way?

"Say... how about this, I'll stay in the orphanage for a bit. I've been doing quests for the Adventurer's Guild for a while. I might be able to take on better quests and make more money for the orphanage to fix things up a bit." I said, "you should also take this."

I handed her 9 Gs I took out from my pocket.

She took the coins in her hand with a blank face, "What are you doing Oam? Didn't you tell me you have been struggling with money?"

"... I guess I am."

"And... aren't you a priestess? Don't you work in the temple to eat?"

"There are... some bad things happening in the temple now." I said while glancing over at the kids peeking behind the door, "I'd like to keep an eye on them too."

"It's... not that we don't welcome your help, Oam." she said, "It's also because we don't have enough rooms for you to live in either."

"That is not a problem, I can go back to the temple at any time. It isn't that far anyways."

"...If you say so, Oam."

---

I returned to the guild shortly after.
I'm requesting to be allowed to do more difficult quests. I should have enough quests in my history for that. Is that fine?

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
> > >
Healing Herbs
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

Due to Benji's illiteracy, his entire report has been done with more than 300 pages of detailed sketches about his quest to find the healing herbs. For easier evaluation, a transcriber has provided a worded narrative for all of Benji's sketches. Do note that the transcriber's perspective may not align with what truly happened, and that it is all taken from Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works, which may retain signs of fiction, as proven by many of his sketches.

Benji had just arrived in the North Scribel Forest to undergo his first task as an Adventurer. The first 30 or so sketches depicts Benji's travel through the woods. Through Unlimited Graphite Works he has accurately depicted his journey through the Forest.

The next 60 sketches depicts Benji's hunt towards the healing herbs. Throughout, he has shown a degree of competency in identifying various species of herbs. By utilizing Unlimited Graphite Works, he has accurately made sketches of the healing herbs he needed to find from sources in the library. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji is unable to uproot the plant by its stalk alone, as it involves the intention of removing the plant from its life source. As such, Benji could only scoop up the dirt beneath the healing herbs to bag it.

Close to the hundredth sketch, Benji was left with one more bag to fill, and thus began his hunt for Brightweed. Due to the lack of mana detection, Benji could only determine them from sight alone. Through his sketches, Benji had dug his head deep towards the field and grass in order to get a closer look at the grass. In the end, he only managed to find close to a handful of stalks he found fit, and only a dozen of them were Brightweed. Due to the way Benji acquires the herbs, the roots were left undamaged.

During the hundredth and tenth sketch, Benji was searching near a tree among some grass growing alongside it. He crouched down next to the giant trunk and dug his fingers through the stems. His skill rendered his fingers useless, as he could only caress the plants at best. He tried to dig down into the tree, but found that there were very little dirt to scoop up to effectively harvest the stalks. Even without Shrug, a normal adventurer will find it hard to harvest the Brightweed without breaking the stalk or damaging the roots. Benji tried using Little Green Bag to procure a helpful artifact but could only produce an instrument that is akin to a clock, albeit much smaller in scale and suitable to hold in one's palm. In the sketch, it is shown that the time is close towards the evening, nearing night.

In frustration, Benji tossed the tool back into Little Green Bag, continuing to dig up the Brightweed fruitlessly for a few sketches when something small showed up from behind the tree. It was a small creature drew Benji's attention from the Brightweed as it slowly approached him. The creature seemed to be apprehended by Benji's presence, and was cowering behind the Brightweed as it slowly looked up to him.

Benji's initial reaction, according to his sketch, was to stare, which gave way to about 3 more pages of detailed sketches depicting the creature's look. The creature was small, with a human-like appearance. Short and stout, it seemed to stand no taller than a Brightweed. Its eyes were dark in colour, and presents limbs lacking of fingers and toes. It had no hair, and instead have petals around its head. Its body is covered by similar petals, acting up to a dress.

In following sketches, Benji tried to make contact towards the creature. First, he tried to prod the creature with a finger, which was met with more apprehension. Next, he took a piece of morsel from the rations in his bag, in which the creature approach to take a scent (despite its lack of a nose nor a mouth) and revolted in visible disgust.

Finally, Benji brought out the sketches of healing herbs he had with him at the moment. Benji's thought process was unexplained, but a theory suggests that he figures the creature would present him a clue on how to find more Brightweed. He pointed at the Brightweed stuck in the trunk of the tree, pointed towards its sketch and proceeded to gesture towards the whole forest. The next few sketches were stills from different angles, suggesting a moment of silence. Then the creature emerged from its hiding from behind the Brightweed and approached Benji. It took a long but reserved look at his sketch, then at the Brightweed behind it, then at the sketch again. Then it hopped off the trunk of the tree and walked off into a distance from the tree. Benji quickly stored his sketches and proceeded to follow the creature.

The creature had led Benji through various routes. From the sketches, it is estimated that the creature had led Benji around the forest for no less than half an hour, judging from the amount of sketches Benji had provided as his quest report. In the journey, he had crossed trees, a fallen canopy trunk, the same river twice, and have been speculated to precariously passed by the borders of the Inner Forest, as detailed from his sketches.

Emerging from the woods after a few more sketches, the creature had brought Benji to an open field hidden beneath a veil of leaves and trees. The field is no wider than an inn room and, according to the sketch, very much secluded in the forest, as hints of footprints and tracks are nowhere to be seen.

Gesturing to the ground, the creature had apparently lead Benji to a wide field of Brightweed, free from trunks and giant trees. Evidently excited, Benji immediately leapt down towards the Brightweed and started scooping it up by the handfuls. The creature seemed startled by Benji's sudden action, and hid behind a Brightweed and became absent for a few sketches before rejoining the picture and (it is speculated whether this is true or not) began helping Benji in uprooting the Brightweed.

The sketches persisted for a dozen more pages, with Benji close to filling in half a bag. With almost half the field gone, Benji was standing right in the middle of the dug field, aiming to fill up the remaining space when the creature approached Benji once more.

The creature suddenly attached itself towards his shoe. It held on with its body and limbs for seemingly no reason, with its face buried in it. Somewhat confused, Benji tried to prod the creature away, but it seemingly wouldn't budge. Then Benji looked around for a stick when he realized there was more of the creatures surrounding him. They all looked similar, with fingerless limbs and petaled hair. They all started wandering towards Benji for a couple of sketches, slowly holding him by his shoe where he crouched. Benji tried prodding them off and just like the first one, none of them seemed to budge.

Then the ground crumbled before Benji's feet and the creatures began dragging Benji down into the dirt.

At this point the sketches shifted to a first-person perspective, with Benji struggling against the creatures to get out of the ground. The creatures started digging through the field with their legs, kicking up dirt with quick movements. The floor slowly kicked into a dark texture, with Benji sinking deeper and deeper into it. Its process was revealed to be slow, as the intervals of the sketches showed Benji's descent to be by the inches every second. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji was unable to push nor stomp away the creatures. As such, he was only slowly pulled down.

The creatures didn't stop coming either. Emerging from behind the Brightweed and beneath the roots of surrounding trees, they all started digging through the dirt beneath Benji's feet. Some of them revealed their true nature. Their petaled bodies were able to open up to a vertical, cavernous, tongueless mouth with sharp teeth protruding from the inside. They began biting into Benji's clothes and equipment. His skill Shrug meant that Benji took no damage, but was still consistently getting tugged into the ground. He tried shaking the creatures off by standing up and tugging himself away, but Shrug made it useless.

The ground sudden opened up in the next sketch, revealing an abundance of the creatures hidden deep beneath the dirt, all with cavernous mouths fitted on their stomachs. These creatures were different from the creatures above, with rotting petals and shut eyes as opposed to the others. They were all crowding over what seems to be an assortment of skeletons hidden right under the ground, with tree roots growing through their ribs and bones. The creatures themselves, at first feeding off the bones underground, looked up, took one look at Benji and began rushing upwards towards their new prey.

Slowly, inch by inch, Benji was covered to his neck. Though he can't be eaten, being buried alive would mean a lack of air to breath, which would kill him nonetheless. However, through his sketches, Benji seemed to be looking around the lower he went. From the trees above to the grass beside him, his sketches oriented less towards the creatures dragging him downwards, and more towards the environment.

It was when his head was halfway in the dirt when he grabbed onto the root of a Brightweed directly.

Utilizing Shrug, Benji held onto the root, presumably knowing that it cannot be moved nor harmed with intentions. The creatures slowly pulled Benji deeper into the dirt, but Benji held on harder to the root.

Sketch by sketch, the dirt began closing into Benji's sight. Not long after, it was darkness.

The sketch was followed by a dozen pages of pure darkness. It was nothing but graphite over the books. Not a single slither of white paper could be seen within the preceding pages.

Then a little crack emerged.

Holding onto the root of the Brightweed, Benji managed to pull himself out of the dirt. The creatures in the following sketches were nowhere to be seen, as if they had abruptly disappeared from sight. The sketches returned to its scenic form, and Benji was seen dusting the dirt off his body. The hole he once crawled through had caved itself inwards into a mound of earth. The Brightweed from before was gone too, nothing but normal grass in view. The sketches then show Benji checking through his inventory again. The final bag he held was not Brightweed, but half filled with dirt. The Brightweed root Benji held was just a piece from a stretching root from a nearby tree, in which Benji had broken off in the attempt to escape.

The final sketch of the scene showed Benji overlooking the small field and the mound of earth in the middle. The field seemed to be quiet, with a still, silent peace in its air, under the now evening sky.

The next, final few sketches is just Benji sucking it up and resorting to getting Twin-Flowers instead.

Attached:
  • 5 bags of healing herbs (including one accidental tri-flower and a dozen stalks of brightweed among some normal grass)
  • 5 leather books containing over 350 pages of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • a handkerchief bundling a collection of odd-looking pebbles (intentions of this to be determined by the evaluators)

Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • A miniature clock-like object that functions just like a clock (will ring at every stroke of 12) (usage determined by evaluator)

Last edited:

Obscura_Luna

Woodcutter in the Forest
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Are you afraid of the forest? Monsters and goblins lurk in its depths.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
A slight sound of creaking came onto the North Forest as the figure of the humble hunter enter said forest while pulling a wooden cart. On it was his equipment, such as the rope and his brand new hunting axe. It was tranquil and serene, a very calming atmosphere to be in. But he knows more than anyone that the calm forest could turn into a bloody and chaotic scene if one is not careful. After all, the forest is, just as the quest paper said, filled with hidden dangers.

After walking a while, he stopped his cart and then looked at the tree in front of him. It was quite big, but still a doable size for him. With his bow slung over his shoulder and the quiver at his waist, he picked up the new hunting axe. It took the hunter quite a few seconds just to marvel at its quality. Then he swung it around a bit, just to test the balance, which was quite good. He then encircled the tree once and then put the cart slightly away from it before inspecting the tree once more.

Satisfied with it, the hunter looked around, trying to look for any sign of danger. With nothing out of the ordinary, he then looked at the tree once more with the axe rested on his shoulder.”…time to work,” he whispered to himself as he pulled out his knife with his left hand and then started marking the tree for the spot he needed to chop. After putting back his knife, he then took a stance and put his entire weight into the axe as he swung it toward the tree. A loud sound of impact echoed as the tree shook with great force. He then repeated the action several times before moving to the next mark he made with the knife.

After a while, the tree was chopped down, leaving only one last swing before it falls down. And one last swing he did, accompanied with a shout. The tree shook for one second before it started leaning slightly and continued to fall down. The ground shook as loud sound echoed in the forest when the tree fell down.

He was sweating a lot. “This is not an easy job,” he whispered again. Then he moved toward the fallen tree and started working on it, chopping them into smaller pieces and also separating the branches from the bark. After splitting the tree, he then started working on each log, turning them into firewood. Sure, it would need to be dried a bit more, but it can be done later. He then put the entire thing into the cart. Seeing the cart filled to the maximum with firewood, the humble hunter couldn’t help but let out a small smile. He even managed to set aside some of the smaller branches to bring back to the orphanage later on. Not wanting to waste any more time, he then put the axe into the cart and then pulled it back toward the city, a task that was quite difficult with a fully loaded cart.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Moonlight Water
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Visit the forest during a full moon.
  • Locate the Moonlight Spring.
  • Collect 5 bottles of Moonlight Water.
Somewhere in the forest, there is a spring that glows under the light of the full moon. Supposedly, this water has improved healing properties.The guild would like you acquire some for our stockpile. Beware — it can be dangerous outside at night. Rewards:
> > >
Report for Quest: Moonlight Water
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: After the chaotic situation involving the alchemist, I decided that I needed a break from the city. It would be good to leave for a time to clear my head.
I left the city at dusk and entered the forest at night. I carried my dagger at my side, ready to strike if an enemy managed to surprise me.
One thing many adventurers never do is use camouflage. I am not like them. I used a temporary adhesive to attache branches and leaves to myself and then masked my scent. After preparing properly, I began my search.
On my journey, there were a few close calls. I ran into a group of goblins once and a pack of wolves at another time. Neither group spotted me. The problem came when a boar spotted me. It showed signs of being aggressive, but I made sure to show signs of submission and it left me alone after a while.
It took me a few hours, but I was able to discover the location of the Moonlight Spring. It was beautiful.
I filled ten bottles, 5 for myself and 5 for the guild. Then I made my way back through the forest, carefully as I could. The closest call on the return trip was when I encountered a hunters trap and almost stepped in it. After leaving the forest, I returned to the guild and made this report.
Quest Items: five bottles of Moonlight Water.
Appraised and Approved by: Nene

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"Haaaah" Oam sighed while stretching her back.

"What's wrong?" the receptionist asked,

"My back's hurting, might have carried too many stones yesterday," Oam said, "If I had known that it'd hurt, I wouldn't have carried so many."

"You should take a day off," she said, "Not a lot of priestesses become adventurers, you know?"

"No, I can't," Oam said, "But, I won't be doing too much for today,"

The receptionist took the quest paper and nodded, "Sure, but don't push yourself too hard okay?"

Name: Oam Lola
Level: 1 (195/200)
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Carried some pickled food to the orphanage from the temple.

I met few of the devouts on my way to the temple. They said that the Adventurer Guild was planning to do a preliminary investigation into the murder (Was it on the Quest Board?). Some of the devouts decided to stay away from the temple until the storm calmed down. I still went there anyway. I didn't know where else I was going either.

It was a little hectic at the temple entrance with many civilians seemingly curious as to what occured inside, but only up until that point. The inside was quite empty, and many of the older monks and priests stayed. I met Zana for a bit, but it seems that she will be dedicating most of her day for prayer. I understand their sentiment.

When I stopped by the coin counting room, it was empty.

"Olm! right?" a lady sitting on a chair called out to me.

"It's Oam... sister Gab. Where is everyone?"

"Did you leave earlier this morning? The Priests from the Church of the God of Life tried to kick out a third of the temple, those that worshipped otherworld demons to be exact. A lot of people protested and now the temple's just a mess."

"...Ah, but they fight all the time too right"

"If you ask me, last night's murder was the last straw for them."

"I see..." I said, "did you see it... by the way?"

"The room of the murder is locked out, not a lot of people can bear the sight. The surrounding rooms also has a horrible smell going on, so a lot of people just simply stopped coming."

"I see... that explains it."

"We're also got a lot less donations, the counting's done by the way. I think we'll have to rely on our own pockets this evening." she said, "Speaking of food, can you carry things for me?"

"I... can't carry too much right now, my back's hurting,"

"Ah, it's not too heavy! Yesterday the sour pickle cult made some more pickled food. They put it in the orphanage's supplies section. My legs kindof died, so I can't quite get it to them now."

"..."

"Do you know the way to the orphanage? It's just ten to twenty minutes of walk from here." she picked a few jars out from beside her, "The kids might be starving, you should see the orphanage, it looked like it might collapse at any time."

I sighed, "Alright, I'll do it"

It was only three cans of pickled foods so I stuffed them in a bag. Still, the walk took me an hour. When I arrived at the orphanage, there were some children playing outside. Some were peeking around the corner. A girl was hiding behind a tree. It seemed lively despite the mood. The scene of the temple is still in my head, I can't help but get anxious.

The house still looked like it was made from cardboard.

I met with the receptionist lady and put down the bag. The lady seemed a bit concerned with me, she was still very nice. It seemed like she has been overworked too, as proven by the black circles aaround her eyes.

"How are the kids?" I asked as we sat down on the chairs.

"As naughty as ever," she said, "but kids should live a happy life, I don't mind a little bit of fatigue just to see their smiling faces,"

"You can't push yourself too much, you know?" I said, "Do you want a back rub?"

"Ah, please do!" she said, "I've been carrying things all day, I think my back could break."

"What a coincidence, my back is also hurting as well. If it isn't too much for you, can you rub my back too?"

"Ah~ that's the spot." she said.

"..."

"O-oh! Yes, I mean, of course!"

I think I might have strayed slightly offtopic.

---

"So this is what you've been carrying?"

"Everything in here breaks too easily."

I was looking at a cracked piece of a set of windows. Beside it were some nails and hammer with a sign of "DO NOT TOUCH".

"I tried hammering it down the window, but I was too scared when the frame cracked."

"How did the window break?"

The caretaker shook her head, "Little Don lifted his body up the window. The window broke off after he swung it back and forth a few times."

"Kids are light..."

"Yes, but this window was broken before. It was actually repaired by a hunter from the guild before..." the caretaker said with a sigh, "We've really wasted his efforts..."

I crouched and examined the wood, "I don't think it's entirely the kid's fault either..."

"What do you mean?"

"The window's already tearing in multiple places. It probably would've broken in a few weeks."

"Is that true..?"

"It's probably because of the wetness," I said, "It's also a little wet on the floor,"

"Yes, there was a brief shower last night--" she said before freezing mid-sentence, "Oh no, if the wood keeps getting wet, Will the floor might give way,"

"...I don't know," I lightly tapped on the floor with my umbrella, "...What's down there anyway?"

The knock sounded hollow.

"It's... uneven, some parts of the house don't even have foundation."

The kids seemed to like knocking on the wooden floor to make drum-like music. Occasionally the caretaker had to yell every once in a while to warn them not to bang on the walls. Otherwise it might quite literally break the house.

I walked around and pushed lightly around various parts of the floor. Some of the planks bent quite easily, while others didn't move.

"...I'm surprised it's still standing so firmly."

"They said that it's sturdy enough, we didn't have much funds then, so it was the only house we could buy."

I turned to her, "Do you have enough funds now?"

She sat down and melted on the chair, "No," she sighed, "not really,"

"I see..."

I thought for a moment.
Well, I have been thinking about it for a while, actually.

I have been thinking about the orphanage ever since I've visited it once. But I could only do so much, so I mainly sticked to the temple in search of gods... but it has also become a fruitless search. I couldn't ascertain which gods could help me and the gods there didn't seem to care for me. So I have also been thinking about leaving my place at the temple.

If I could raise my reputation in the guild, maybe I would be able to get better quests. I could also help the orphanage while I'm still without a patron deity. If I was ranked, I would get even better quests. Wouldn't that speed up my search for gods that way?

"Say... how about this, I'll stay in the orphanage for a bit. I've been doing quests for the Adventurer's Guild for a while. I might be able to take on better quests and make more money for the orphanage to fix things up a bit." I said, "you should also take this."

I handed her 9 Gs I took out from my pocket.

She took the coins in her hand with a blank face, "What are you doing Oam? Didn't you tell me you have been struggling with money?"

"... I guess I am."

"And... aren't you a priestess? Don't you work in the temple to eat?"

"There are... some bad things happening in the temple now." I said while glancing over at the kids peeking behind the door, "I'd like to keep an eye on them too."

"It's... not that we don't welcome your help, Oam." she said, "It's also because we don't have enough rooms for you to live in either."

"That is not a problem, I can go back to the temple at any time. It isn't that far anyways."

"...If you say so, Oam."

---

I returned to the guild shortly after.
I'm requesting to be allowed to do more difficult quests. I should have enough quests in my history for that. Is that fine?
"It is really disheartening to hear about the current state of the orphanage, miss Oam... I wonder if we can do something about it?

"I'm not sure the guild would be willing to do more than just a request for Charity Work, but perhaps something could be done independently.

"Nonetheless, I'm glad you are putting your all in helping the orphanage out, I'm sure the gods are very pleased with your actions.

"... Oh, and as for your request, I believe this quest was enough to allow you to take harsher quests, just be careful when taking them, they are for higher levels for a reason. Danger becomes more common as you grow up in the ranks.

"Take care of yourself and don't overdo it, alright? The gods wouldn't be happy if they lost such a devout follower as yourself.

"May your faith keep guiding you towards helping all that are in need."

Final Rewards:
Exp
: 30

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

"Materials, Materials, Mate-RIALS!" was all Adsall could think about as he went towards the forest. As he was off in thought, he went off-path.
By the time he snapped back to reality, he was already deep in the forest. "Fuck."

Even though Adsall was lost, he proceeded to look around and collect materials. "Healing Herbs, Vines, Weird Mushroom?, La di da"
rustle*
"Eh?"
Turning around he saw a bush rustling
*rustling intensifies*
Suddenly, a wild boar charged out of the bush hitting Adsall. Luckily he blocked it with his wooden shield.
Adsall proceeded to bring out his knife and stab the boar. It staggered back a bit, before dying.
After trying to harvest the boar, Adsall successfully extracted all the meat. However, he failed to extract the pelt.
Eventually Adsall ran into a forest ranger who gave him directions back to Scribel.
Items Gained: <Vines (5cm)> x 4, <Vines (10cm) x 2, <Healing Herbs> x 15, <Weird Mushroom> x 1,
Skills: <Foraging> : Beginner -> Skilled, < Dismantling > : Beginner
"...Mister Adsall, please be more careful when harvesting, you have very easily died when that boar charged you. You were very very lucky to block it in time and leave without even a broken arm nor ribs.

"You might think of this experience as just another day in the woods, but had you been just a bit slower, I would be now praying at your funeral, not appraising your report.

"The gods do not look kindly upon those that throw away the lives that were granted upon them. Please keep that in mind in the future.

"Nonetheless, the report was properly cleared, so have a nice rest and think carefully about the way you have been acting.

"May the gods remind you of the importance of carefulness."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 80
Money: 20G
Items: 5 Jerky

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

Second day in this strange place. Sun seems to haven't risen yet. Some of my minor wounds from yesterday have not yet healed, thinking so I head out to the Guild to find a suitable quest to patch myself up.

> > >
Healing Herbs
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

This seems to be a promising quest, maybe I'll keep some for myself to figure out how would they heal me. Asking around, it seems there's a Guild Library nearby. I head there and went through the books to find out about the healing herbs. I was luck as it seems that info about was recorded, but....... what the hell is mana? Herbs looking like grass is not any better either.

"*sigh* This proves to be more difficult than I had anticipated."

I closed the book and headed to the northern forest while picking up some small sacks along the way.

I arrived infront of the forest and recognized the area. It's where I came from before coming into the city. That doesn't matter right now, I have a job to do. Pushing my thoughts back, I head into the forest.

Searching through bushes I stumble upon on during my search, I still can't figure out what the difference is with each grass. They all look the same to me. Hours seem to have passed and have search deeper and deeper into the forest. No mater how much I compare each grass they really all look the same to me. About to give up, a peculiar sight in a corner of my eye.

I could see small white dots floating upwards towards, the place was quite a distance from me so I walked towards it. Arriving to the source, I could see clearly what those white dots were. Transparent spheres yet they shone brightly that you could see them from afar or clearly at night, and at their source was a small green puddle that shined as well.

I was mesmerized by radiance of the puddle when suddenly I heard a sudden noise nearby. The noise grows louder and before I knew it, it sounded they were many. With a loud thump, I place my tower shield infront of me and unsheathed my shortsword as wielding my lance would only be obstructed by the trees.

Showing themselves, five small figures came out of hiding from the back of the trees. Their body could only be compared by a small child yet they have greenish skin small protruding fangs along pointed ears. Some of them were carrying weapons like a knife or a branch as a club.

"Gobuu Gobyah!"

With that signal, all five beasts run straight for me. I lay my shield sideways at bash towards two on my left, the impact knocked them over but not enough for them to be knocked out. Another managed to sneak behind me and slashed at me. I suffered no injury due to my armor and only left a blade scratch on it. On my right is another beast trying to club me, however since my reach is far greater I slashed at its chest thus making it back off. Unable to recover, a beast slammed its club on my head. My helmet was undamaged, however the shock of the impact to my head made stumble. With my power, I slammed my shield to beast infront of me and sent it flying. The beasts, most bruised with one cut became wary of me seeing as if I am a wall that is hard to surpass.

"Come beast! I will show you the might of a Lancer!"

Prepared to make a stand, I once again place my shield infront of me while glaring at them. Although cautious, them seem to back off one by one when suddenly, the puddle nearby started to shine brightly.

"Gobu Goba! Gobyah! Gobyah!"

The beast started running away back into the shadows of the woods with one limping from the cut. Suddenly the ground started shaking and large brown vines came rising, entangling the limping beast.

"Gobuaa!! Gobuaa!!"

It seems to be calling for help but the others did not even dare to look back. The vines entangling the beast slowly dragged it into the ground until finally the vines along with the beast could no longer be seen.

Shock from I saw, I couldn't react to what was happening to me. Vines were entangling me as I struggle to get loose from them. As I break a few, more seems to replace the broken ones, until finally I was unable to move.

From the shining puddle came out a feminine figure. With slim body and a long green dress that compliments her long flowing green hair and emerald eyes. She approached me without making a sound on her footsteps.

"My oh my~~ Now what is a human doing in my home. What;s the matter? Vine got your tongue?"

I was surprised that she could talk to me that I forgot to respond.

"Ahh? Ahhh! Forgive me for I did not mean to intrude into your domain as I did not know you settled here. I merely wish to gather herbs with healing properties."

"Hmm? From how you fought you don't seem to be that injured."

"Nay, only minor wounds from past battles."

"Is that so..."

She squints her eyes as if not accepting my answer.

"You are a weird human, you.... lack mana. I suppose your body will do as nutrients for my home."

It didn't take much to guess what she meant. I can feel my blood drain from my head as I imagine being buried into the ground.

"Surely you jest...."

"Ufufufu~~~ Ahahaha!! Ahh.. I'm just toying with you. You humans haven't done much to my home so I'll spare you. Goblins tend to be plenty and will satiate my home with their bodies. They are more of a pest who invade and reproduce rather than anything."

With a flick of her finger, the vines entangling me became loose and went back to the ground.

"I am most grateful for your mercy. As such I do not wish to disturb your abode any longer, and so I will take my leave."

"Hooollld it. You said you needed herbs with healing properties right? Well here."

With a wave of her hand plants started growing around the shining puddle.

"You'll find these to be more effective in healing than a common healing herb long as it's nothing life threatening ofcourse."

In my fear for my life from this woman, I forgot all bout the quest. I accept her offer as it would be rude to not do so. Picking up the plants near the shining puddle, I noticed that the plants has three leaves protruding from the main stem, each leaf has a blue vein at its center that branches out to the edges of the leaves. I filled up the five small sacks and thanked the woman once again.

"I once again am grateful for your benevolence Madam. I am Reival of the Lancers. If our paths crossed again, you need not hesitate for my aid."

"Hush now I only did this on a whim, although I will accept your offer, Reival."

With that she soundlessly walked to the shining puddle and submerged into it. When I couldn't see her anymore, the puddle lost its shine and turned into transparent water.

Thinking my job here is finished and not wanting to encounter anymore dangers, I head back to the city and filed my report. It was already past midday when everything was finished and.... I forgot to gather for my own herbs.

Greetings to you Guild

I have delivered the 5 small sacks of "healing herbs", although I did not procure them in a traditional way. I have obtained them at a hours hike towards the deep forest. During my search, I have encountered a strange puddle that glimmers in its liquid. I was ambushed and initiated with green short beast with their ears being pointy. Although I was struck by them, my armour repelled their attacks and ave sustained no injury but alas for I did not deal a finishing blow to them.

A strange woman with emerald eyes, long hair, even her dress came out of the glimmering puddle. She called the beasts as "Goblins" and trapped one with her vines, only to have met its demise being dragged to the earth. I was also entangled by her vines but was later release out of her mercy.

She has offered me aid and has herself grown these herbs from near the glimmering puddle. She has also stated that "You'll find these to be more effective in healing than a common healing herb long as it's nothing life threatening." as such that I have submitted these finding and hope they may be of use.

At service to you, Lancer Reival

OOC: I should chill with the long ass stories in the future. They're kinda tiring to write.
"That was quite the dangerous encounter, mister Reival. I'm glad you came out unharmed.

"If I were to give any advice, make sure you are properly qualified to accomplish a quest before heading out to do it. Gathering herbs might seem like an easy task, but only if you know which herb to grab in the first place.

"Nonetheless, those herbs you brought have been examined and they seem to be safe for usage, so well done.

"May the gods teach you how to pick your fights more carefully."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

Due to Benji's illiteracy, his entire report has been done with more than 300 pages of detailed sketches about his quest to find the healing herbs. For easier evaluation, a transcriber has provided a worded narrative for all of Benji's sketches. Do note that the transcriber's perspective may not align with what truly happened, and that it is all taken from Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works, which may retain signs of fiction, as proven by many of his sketches.

Benji had just arrived in the North Scribel Forest to undergo his first task as an Adventurer. The first 30 or so sketches depicts Benji's travel through the woods. Through Unlimited Graphite Works he has accurately depicted his journey through the Forest.

The next 60 sketches depicts Benji's hunt towards the healing herbs. Throughout, he has shown a degree of competency in identifying various species of herbs. By utilizing Unlimited Graphite Works, he has accurately made sketches of the healing herbs he needed to find from sources in the library. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji is unable to uproot the plant by its stalk alone, as it involves the intention of removing the plant from its life source. As such, Benji could only scoop up the dirt beneath the healing herbs to bag it.

Close to the hundredth sketch, Benji was left with one more bag to fill, and thus began his hunt for Brightweed. Due to the lack of mana detection, Benji could only determine them from sight alone. Through his sketches, Benji had dug his head deep towards the field and grass in order to get a closer look at the grass. In the end, he only managed to find close to a handful of stalks he found fit, and only a dozen of them were Brightweed. Due to the way Benji acquires the herbs, the roots were left undamaged.

During the hundredth and tenth sketch, Benji was searching near a tree among some grass growing alongside it. He crouched down next to the giant trunk and dug his fingers through the stems. His skill rendered his fingers useless, as he could only caress the plants at best. He tried to dig down into the tree, but found that there were very little dirt to scoop up to effectively harvest the stalks. Even without Shrug, a normal adventurer will find it hard to harvest the Brightweed without breaking the stalk or damaging the roots. Benji tried using Little Green Bag to procure a helpful artifact but could only produce an instrument that is akin to a clock, albeit much smaller in scale and suitable to hold in one's palm. In the sketch, it is shown that the time is close towards the evening, nearing night.

In frustration, Benji tossed the tool back into Little Green Bag, continuing to dig up the Brightweed fruitlessly for a few sketches when something small showed up from behind the tree. It was a small creature drew Benji's attention from the Brightweed as it slowly approached him. The creature seemed to be apprehended by Benji's presence, and was cowering behind the Brightweed as it slowly looked up to him.

Benji's initial reaction, according to his sketch, was to stare, which gave way to about 3 more pages of detailed sketches depicting the creature's look. The creature was small, with a human-like appearance. Short and stout, it seemed to stand no taller than a Brightweed. Its eyes were dark in colour, and presents limbs lacking of fingers and toes. It had no hair, and instead have petals around its head. Its body is covered by similar petals, acting up to a dress.

In following sketches, Benji tried to make contact towards the creature. First, he tried to prod the creature with a finger, which was met with more apprehension. Next, he took a piece of morsel from the rations in his bag, in which the creature approach to take a scent (despite its lack of a nose nor a mouth) and revolted in visible disgust.

Finally, Benji brought out the sketches of healing herbs he had with him at the moment. Benji's thought process was unexplained, but a theory suggests that he figures the creature would present him a clue on how to find more Brightweed. He pointed at the Brightweed stuck in the trunk of the tree, pointed towards its sketch and proceeded to gesture towards the whole forest. The next few sketches were stills from different angles, suggesting a moment of silence. Then the creature emerged from its hiding from behind the Brightweed and approached Benji. It took a long but reserved look at his sketch, then at the Brightweed behind it, then at the sketch again. Then it hopped off the trunk of the tree and walked off into a distance from the tree. Benji quickly stored his sketches and proceeded to follow the creature.

The creature had led Benji through various routes. From the sketches, it is estimated that the creature had led Benji around the forest for no less than half an hour, judging from the amount of sketches Benji had provided as his quest report. In the journey, he had crossed trees, a fallen canopy trunk, the same river twice, and have been speculated to precariously passed by the borders of the Inner Forest, as detailed from his sketches.

Emerging from the woods after a few more sketches, the creature had brought Benji to an open field hidden beneath a veil of leaves and trees. The field is no wider than an inn room and, according to the sketch, very much secluded in the forest, as hints of footprints and tracks are nowhere to be seen.

Gesturing to the ground, the creature had apparently lead Benji to a wide field of Brightweed, free from trunks and giant trees. Evidently excited, Benji immediately leapt down towards the Brightweed and started scooping it up by the handfuls. The creature seemed startled by Benji's sudden action, and hid behind a Brightweed and became absent for a few sketches before rejoining the picture and (it is speculated whether this is true or not) began helping Benji in uprooting the Brightweed.

The sketches persisted for a dozen more pages, with Benji close to filling in half a bag. With almost half the field gone, Benji was standing right in the middle of the dug field, aiming to fill up the remaining space when the creature approached Benji once more.

The creature suddenly attached itself towards his shoe. It held on with its body and limbs for seemingly no reason, with its face buried in it. Somewhat confused, Benji tried to prod the creature away, but it seemingly wouldn't budge. Then Benji looked around for a stick when he realized there was more of the creatures surrounding him. They all looked similar, with fingerless limbs and petaled hair. They all started wandering towards Benji for a couple of sketches, slowly holding him by his shoe where he crouched. Benji tried prodding them off and just like the first one, none of them seemed to budge.

Then the ground crumbled before Benji's feet and the creatures began dragging Benji down into the dirt.

At this point the sketches shifted to a first-person perspective, with Benji struggling against the creatures to get out of the ground. The creatures started digging through the field with their legs, kicking up dirt with quick movements. The floor slowly kicked into a dark texture, with Benji sinking deeper and deeper into it. Its process was revealed to be slow, as the intervals of the sketches showed Benji's descent to be by the inches every second. Due to his skill Shrug, Benji was unable to push nor stomp away the creatures. As such, he was only slowly pulled down.

The creatures didn't stop coming either. Emerging from behind the Brightweed and beneath the roots of surrounding trees, they all started digging through the dirt beneath Benji's feet. Some of them revealed their true nature. Their petaled bodies were able to open up to a vertical, cavernous, tongueless mouth with sharp teeth protruding from the inside. They began biting into Benji's clothes and equipment. His skill Shrug meant that Benji took no damage, but was still consistently getting tugged into the ground. He tried shaking the creatures off by standing up and tugging himself away, but Shrug made it useless.

The ground sudden opened up in the next sketch, revealing an abundance of the creatures hidden deep beneath the dirt, all with cavernous mouths fitted on their stomachs. These creatures were different from the creatures above, with rotting petals and shut eyes as opposed to the others. They were all crowding over what seems to be an assortment of skeletons hidden right under the ground, with tree roots growing through their ribs and bones. The creatures themselves, at first feeding off the bones underground, looked up, took one look at Benji and began rushing upwards towards their new prey.

Slowly, inch by inch, Benji was covered to his neck. Though he can't be eaten, being buried alive would mean a lack of air to breath, which would kill him nonetheless. However, through his sketches, Benji seemed to be looking around the lower he went. From the trees above to the grass beside him, his sketches oriented less towards the creatures dragging him downwards, and more towards the environment.

It was when his head was halfway in the dirt when he grabbed onto the root of a Brightweed directly.

Utilizing Shrug, Benji held onto the root, presumably knowing that it cannot be moved nor harmed with intentions. The creatures slowly pulled Benji deeper into the dirt, but Benji held on harder to the root.

Sketch by sketch, the dirt began closing into Benji's sight. Not long after, it was darkness.

The sketch was followed by a dozen pages of pure darkness. It was nothing but graphite over the books. Not a single slither of white paper could be seen within the preceding pages.

Then a little crack emerged.

Holding onto the root of the Brightweed, Benji managed to pull himself out of the dirt. The creatures in the following sketches were nowhere to be seen, as if they had abruptly disappeared from sight. The sketches returned to its scenic form, and Benji was seen dusting the dirt off his body. The hole he once crawled through had caved itself inwards into a mound of earth. The Brightweed from before was gone too, nothing but normal grass in view. The sketches then show Benji checking through his inventory again. The final bag he held was not Brightweed, but half filled with dirt. The Brightweed root Benji held was just a piece from a stretching root from a nearby tree, in which Benji had broken off in the attempt to escape.

The final sketch of the scene showed Benji overlooking the small field and the mound of earth in the middle. The field seemed to be quiet, with a still, silent peace in its air, under the now evening sky.

The next, final few sketches is just Benji sucking it up and resorting to getting Twin-Flowers instead.

Attached:
  • 5 bags of healing herbs (including one accidental tri-flower and a dozen stalks of brightweed among some normal grass)
  • 5 leather books containing over 350 pages of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
  • a handkerchief bundling a collection of odd-looking pebbles (intentions of this to be determined by the evaluators)

Reported artifacts from Little Green Bag:
  • A miniature clock-like object that functions just like a clock (will ring at every stroke of 12) (usage determined by evaluator)
"Well, mister Benji, that's quite the troublesome report. But I suppose it's fine for as long as you got the proper rewards?

"You brought a few wrong flowers, but it seems like the amount was low enough to not be an issue. Well done.

"May the gods grant you better luck in your future incursions."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.

AliceShiki

A slight sound of creaking came onto the North Forest as the figure of the humble hunter enter said forest while pulling a wooden cart. On it was his equipment, such as the rope and his brand new hunting axe. It was tranquil and serene, a very calming atmosphere to be in. But he knows more than anyone that the calm forest could turn into a bloody and chaotic scene if one is not careful. After all, the forest is, just as the quest paper said, filled with hidden dangers.

After walking a while, he stopped his cart and then looked at the tree in front of him. It was quite big, but still a doable size for him. With his bow slung over his shoulder and the quiver at his waist, he picked up the new hunting axe. It took the hunter quite a few seconds just to marvel at its quality. Then he swung it around a bit, just to test the balance, which was quite good. He then encircled the tree once and then put the cart slightly away from it before inspecting the tree once more.

Satisfied with it, the hunter looked around, trying to look for any sign of danger. With nothing out of the ordinary, he then looked at the tree once more with the axe rested on his shoulder.”…time to work,” he whispered to himself as he pulled out his knife with his left hand and then started marking the tree for the spot he needed to chop. After putting back his knife, he then took a stance and put his entire weight into the axe as he swung it toward the tree. A loud sound of impact echoed as the tree shook with great force. He then repeated the action several times before moving to the next mark he made with the knife.

After a while, the tree was chopped down, leaving only one last swing before it falls down. And one last swing he did, accompanied with a shout. The tree shook for one second before it started leaning slightly and continued to fall down. The ground shook as loud sound echoed in the forest when the tree fell down.

He was sweating a lot. “This is not an easy job,” he whispered again. Then he moved toward the fallen tree and started working on it, chopping them into smaller pieces and also separating the branches from the bark. After splitting the tree, he then started working on each log, turning them into firewood. Sure, it would need to be dried a bit more, but it can be done later. He then put the entire thing into the cart. Seeing the cart filled to the maximum with firewood, the humble hunter couldn’t help but let out a small smile. He even managed to set aside some of the smaller branches to bring back to the orphanage later on. Not wanting to waste any more time, he then put the axe into the cart and then pulled it back toward the city, a task that was quite difficult with a fully loaded cart.
"I don't have much to comment on, it was a clean and efficient job. Keep it up, mister Michuema.

"May the gods keep protecting you during your travels."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 75
Money: 10G

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way.

AliceShiki

Report for Quest: Moonlight Water
Sponsor
: Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: After the chaotic situation involving the alchemist, I decided that I needed a break from the city. It would be good to leave for a time to clear my head.
I left the city at dusk and entered the forest at night. I carried my dagger at my side, ready to strike if an enemy managed to surprise me.
One thing many adventurers never do is use camouflage. I am not like them. I used a temporary adhesive to attache branches and leaves to myself and then masked my scent. After preparing properly, I began my search.
On my journey, there were a few close calls. I ran into a group of goblins once and a pack of wolves at another time. Neither group spotted me. The problem came when a boar spotted me. It showed signs of being aggressive, but I made sure to show signs of submission and it left me alone after a while.
It took me a few hours, but I was able to discover the location of the Moonlight Spring. It was beautiful.
I filled ten bottles, 5 for myself and 5 for the guild. Then I made my way back through the forest, carefully as I could. The closest call on the return trip was when I encountered a hunters trap and almost stepped in it. After leaving the forest, I returned to the guild and made this report.
Quest Items: five bottles of Moonlight Water.
"It's a good thing you were very careful in your journey, mister Randell. I lost count of how many adventurers were not, only for us to never hear of them again.

"May the gods always guide you through the right path."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 160

Feathers95

Barracks Training Officer
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Report to the city barracks.
  • Train new recruits.
As a senior officer, you are a deeply respected member of the City Guard.
Please teach the next generation of guardsmen and guardswomen.
Your practical experience would be invaluable on the training field.
Rewards:
Quest Report (27)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 7 (4470/5600) Rank E
Quest: Barracks Training Officer
Evaluation:
  • Trained a group of 120 recruits for the day
After her first time bringing out Sable on a little adventure around Scribel, Felicia felt far more comfortable doing it again. Hence, she reported to the city barracks with a giant chick waddling in beside her. Although she came here every now and then for different purposes, like reporting for patrols and the like, she still felt a bit nostalgic about the time when she first entered these great wooden doors. Her time training and battling with her little city guard exam team was now nothing but a distant memory for her. She wondered how her friends from that time, Xin, Nora and Stal, were doing now. It had been a while since they last went for drinks together after all.

Coincidentally, just as she was thinking about them, Nora walked around the corner with some documents in hand.

"Oh, Felicia, long time no see. I trust you've been well?" She walked over with a warm smile, quickly giving Felicia a friendly hug, before petting little Sable.

"I have been! How about yourself?" She replied, pleased to coincidentally see her old friend again.

"Great, great. I'm actually about to go take my Rank E Promotion Exam, can't let you all leave me too far behind now. Say, do you have any tips for me? You were the first of us four to complete it after all." She inquired with her usual calm expression.

After chatting for a bit and giving her some tips on places to hide on Bighorn Mountain, or where to avoid the most danger in Gem's Ravine, they waved each other goodbye and went their separate ways.

"Don't set off for Gelderholm without me!"

"I won't! There's no way Stal would let me do that anyway~" Felicia teased as Nora uncharacteristically blushed as red as a tomato and ran off with her notes.

With a knowing smile on her face, she reported for training as a senior officer, looking forward to seeing what the new recruits would be like.

As soon as the recruits on the training field saw her, they immediately straightened up and organized themselves into straight lines. Somewhat surprised, she wondered who they had learnt this from before making her way through the lines of newbies. Unnervingly slowly, she assessed each of their postures, body build and bravery, before tapping a couple of them on the shoulder. When she finished making her rounds after a long uncomfortable silence, she ordered the ones that she had marked to stand before her.

"You will be the team leaders for today, now organize your teams in groups of 10."

After a bit of shock, all the recruits hurriedly lined up with one of the team leaders, looking a bit afraid of the icy officer standing before them.

Suddenly, she gave a bright smile as her task was completed, once more surprising all the waiting recruits on the training field. Unfortunately, they were completely oblivious to the nightmare about to befall them...

After running 10 laps through the northern forests with no equipment, carrying multiple large boulders from the quarry site to Scribel City, having sudden sparring matches against opposing teams, being forced to eat nothing but what they could find in the wilderness, whilst at the same time being randomly ambushed by the senior officer herself, Felicia's training course for the day was over.

As they all made their way back to the barracks, their bodies were hopelessly limp and sore, immediately passing out as soon as they stepped through the door. Felicia smiled softly at the sight, before setting herself down on a chair with Sable right beside her, hugging her leg. When another officer stumbled in and saw the pitiful sight, he immediately asked her why she trained them so harshly, with which she responded:

"This is for their own good, don't tell me you haven't heard of the recent demonic cult activity, or the slime horde at our doorstep. The number of threats around the city are growing more numerous and deadly by the day. And the ones' that will take the brunt of all of this will be the guardsmen. I hope to see as many of these potential warriors live to see the next day as possible, as I feel that... something big will happen soon."

Felicia explained calmly, before helping the unconscious recruits back to their rooms and returning to the guild to hand in her report for the day; with Sable following right beside her of course.

Last edited:

Silver

Quest Report (27)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 7 (4470/5600) Rank E
Quest: Barracks Training Officer
Evaluation:
  • Trained a group of 120 recruits for the day
After her first time bringing out Sable on a little adventure around Scribel, Felicia felt far more comfortable doing it again. Hence, she reported to the city barracks with a giant chick waddling in beside her. Although she came here every now and then for different purposes, like reporting for patrols and the like, she still felt a bit nostalgic about the time when she first entered these great wooden doors. Her time training and battling with her little city guard exam team was now nothing but a distant memory for her. She wondered how her friends from that time, Xin, Nora and Stal, were doing now. It had been a while since they last went for drinks together after all.

Coincidentally, just as she was thinking about them, Nora walked around the corner with some documents in hand.

"Oh, Felicia, long time no see. I trust you've been well?" She walked over with a warm smile, quickly giving Felicia a friendly hug, before petting little Sable.

"I have been! How about yourself?" She replied, pleased to coincidentally see her old friend again.

"Great, great. I'm actually about to go take my Rank E Promotion Exam, can't let you all leave me too far behind now. Say, do you have any tips for me? You were the first of us four to complete it after all." She inquired with her usual calm expression.

After chatting for a bit and giving her some tips on places to hide on Bighorn Mountain, or where to avoid the most danger in Gem's Ravine, they waved each other goodbye and went their separate ways.

"Don't set off for Gelderholm without me!"

"I won't! There's no way Stal would let me do that anyway~" Felicia teased as Nora uncharacteristically blushed as red as a tomato and ran off with her notes.

With a knowing smile on her face, she reported for training as a senior officer, looking forward to seeing what the new recruits would be like.

As soon as the recruits on the training field saw her, they immediately straightened up and organized themselves into straight lines. Somewhat surprised, she wondered who they had learnt this from before making her way through the lines of newbies. Unnervingly slowly, she assessed each of their postures, body build and bravery, before tapping a couple of them on the shoulder. When she finished making her rounds after a long uncomfortable silence, she ordered the ones that she had marked to stand before her.

"You will be the team leaders for today, now organize your teams in groups of 10."

After a bit of shock, all the recruits hurriedly lined up with one of the team leaders, looking a bit afraid of the icy officer standing before them.

Suddenly, she gave a bright smile as her task was completed, once more surprising all the waiting recruits on the training field. Unfortunately, they were completely oblivious to the nightmare about to befall them...

After running 10 laps through the northern forests with no equipment, carrying multiple large boulders from the quarry site to Scribel City, having sudden sparring matches against opposing teams, being forced to eat nothing but what they could find in the wilderness, whilst at the same time being randomly ambushed by the senior officer herself, Felicia's training course for the day was over.

As they all made their way back to the barracks, their bodies were hopelessly limp and sore, immediately passing out as soon as they stepped through the door. Felicia smiled softly at the sight, before setting herself down on a chair with Sable right beside her, hugging her leg. When another officer stumbled in and saw the pitiful sight, he immediately asked her why she trained them so harshly, with which she responded:

"This is for their own good, don't tell me you haven't heard of the recent demonic cult activity, or the slime horde at our doorstep. The number of threats around the city are growing more numerous and deadly by the day. And the ones' that will take the brunt of all of this will be the guardsmen. I hope to see as many of these potential warriors live to see the next day as possible, as I feel that... something big will happen soon."

Felicia explained calmly, before helping the unconscious recruits back to their rooms and returning to the guild to hand in her report for the day; with Sable following right beside her of course.
Hiding an bitter smile, he awkwardly looked up at Felicia and said "Ah teach...it's you. Well everything looks to be in order. Here's your reward."

Final reward:
Money: 20 G

Last edited:

Feathers95

Customer Service Department
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:
Quest Report (9)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (420/600)
Quest: Customer Service Department
Evaluation:
  • Resolved 16 complaints
Perhaps due to his valiant efforts during the Office Work quest, Zombo was given permission to work by the windowsill so that he could photosynthesis whilst in the offices. Hence, he found himself in another paperwork job. At least, that was what he thought. Unfortunately, it seemed that he would not be dealing with customer complaints through angry letters or fussy reports, but in person...

Fortunately, he had improved at shapeshifting lately, allowing him to show a more human appearance by moving away some of the bark/vines around his body. Instead, the flora gathered in a trail not too far behind him, looking like a tail made from plants. Still, doing such large-scale movement, prying away the plantlife attached to his body, tired him out greatly. He wouldn't be able to shift back any time soon. This also hindered his natural regeneration and nature magic abilities, but he didn't exactly need them for this job, well at least he hoped so, hence he didn't mind it.

Whilst appearing as a sickly-pale but relatively-human youth, the first customer waltzed through the door fuming. After looking around for staff and making eye contact with Zombo, he marched over and yelled.

"You! Explain to me why I didn't get my full reward for this stupid-ass quest!"

After calmly taking away the report in his hands, Zombo read through the evaluation before explaining.

"You did not collect 20 giant rat tails. It says that you brought back 10 tails cut in half to make it seem like you slayed 20, hence the guild cannot give you the full reward."

He spoke matter-of-factly, completely calm despite the man spitting angrily and threatening him by waving his sword around. Soon enough, he was escorted away by one of the guards whilst spitting profanities, initially believing he could threaten the pale youth into giving him the full reward, or perhaps even more.

The next customer used an entirely different approach to get what they wanted. An old lady wearing way too much make-up walked over to Zombo with tears in her eyes.

"Excuse me, young man. Could I please ask you to seek justice for me? The quest I took on from Sir Gulf promised a 50G reward, but when I handed in the report and the items I painstakingly worked to get, he only gave me 10G? Can you believe the audacity? Even in my old age I'm being scammed by no-gooders." She weeped pitifully into a napkin, lowering herself to beg the pale youth for justice.

After apathetically taking her report, reading it, and consulting some files, he explained matter-of-factly once more.

"In our records, the quest posted by Sir Gulf always promised a 10G reward, so misreading it was your fault, not his. Also, Sir Gulf reported that the items received were all in poor condition, as if they had been repeatedly used beforehand, but since he took pity on you he gave the full reward of 10G anyway. So no, there is no justice I can seek for you."

Just as the woman clenched her teeth and wanted to reach out to grab the neck of the youth foiling her plans, she was apprehended by another guard keeping watch and dragged outside.

The rest of the day passed by much in the same way, as he managed to resolve more than a dozen complaints by retaliating with nothing but the truth. By the end of it, Zombo felt pretty bored, quite a stark difference to the other workers who were all sweating and exhausted from the stress. After passing his fellow co-workers some tea/coffee, he left for the day to make his report.

Silver

Quest Report (9)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (420/600)
Quest: Customer Service Department
Evaluation:
  • Resolved 16 complaints
Perhaps due to his valiant efforts during the Office Work quest, Zombo was given permission to work by the windowsill so that he could photosynthesis whilst in the offices. Hence, he found himself in another paperwork job. At least, that was what he thought. Unfortunately, it seemed that he would not be dealing with customer complaints through angry letters or fussy reports, but in person...

Fortunately, he had improved at shapeshifting lately, allowing him to show a more human appearance by moving away some of the bark/vines around his body. Instead, the flora gathered in a trail not too far behind him, looking like a tail made from plants. Still, doing such large-scale movement, prying away the plantlife attached to his body, tired him out greatly. He wouldn't be able to shift back any time soon. This also hindered his natural regeneration and nature magic abilities, but he didn't exactly need them for this job, well at least he hoped so, hence he didn't mind it.

Whilst appearing as a sickly-pale but relatively-human youth, the first customer waltzed through the door fuming. After looking around for staff and making eye contact with Zombo, he marched over and yelled.

"You! Explain to me why I didn't get my full reward for this stupid-ass quest!"

After calmly taking away the report in his hands, Zombo read through the evaluation before explaining.

"You did not collect 20 giant rat tails. It says that you brought back 10 tails cut in half to make it seem like you slayed 20, hence the guild cannot give you the full reward."

He spoke matter-of-factly, completely calm despite the man spitting angrily and threatening him by waving his sword around. Soon enough, he was escorted away by one of the guards whilst spitting profanities, initially believing he could threaten the pale youth into giving him the full reward, or perhaps even more.

The next customer used an entirely different approach to get what they wanted. An old lady wearing way too much make-up walked over to Zombo with tears in her eyes.

"Excuse me, young man. Could I please ask you to seek justice for me? The quest I took on from Sir Gulf promised a 50G reward, but when I handed in the report and the items I painstakingly worked to get, he only gave me 10G? Can you believe the audacity? Even in my old age I'm being scammed by no-gooders." She weeped pitifully into a napkin, lowering herself to beg the pale youth for justice.

After apathetically taking her report, reading it, and consulting some files, he explained matter-of-factly once more.

"In our records, the quest posted by Sir Gulf always promised a 10G reward, so misreading it was your fault, not his. Also, Sir Gulf reported that the items received were all in poor condition, as if they had been repeatedly used beforehand, but since he took pity on you he gave the full reward of 10G anyway. So no, there is no justice I can seek for you."

Just as the woman clenched her teeth and wanted to reach out to grab the neck of the youth foiling her plans, she was apprehended by another guard keeping watch and dragged outside.

The rest of the day passed by much in the same way, as he managed to resolve more than a dozen complaints by retaliating with nothing but the truth. By the end of it, Zombo felt pretty bored, quite a stark difference to the other workers who were all sweating and exhausted from the stress. After passing his fellow co-workers some tea/coffee, he left for the day to make his report.
Well nicely done..Zombo? Here's your promised rewards.

Final Rewards:
Experience Points:
80 EXP
Money: 10 G

Silver

Prison Guard Duty
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
Name: Cassel
Level: 2
Watching the prisoners and cages was a curious experience for him to say the least. Despite his experience as a thief he had never really been to one before. One half because he never got caught and the other half being the fact that the people in his world would rather lop a thief heads in the streets rather than clog up the prisons. Those were for the nobles and their enemies.

But, the prison watch wasn’t as bad as he expected. Minus the screams of people claiming they were framed. That they had families, children to go to, and friends were waiting for them. That they couldn’t rot here.

He could never understand why people always complained before their deaths. Screaming and crying to other people would only eat away at their remaining breaths. Begging to friends or families would only do the opposite of what you wanted. Dragging them down with you wasn’t a nice way to try to solve things nor was it a smart one.

Ending his shift a guard once took his place he dropped his report to the guild. And, headed back to the dorms.
Summary:
  • Watched over prisoners
  • Nothing happened

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Name: Cassel
Level: 2
Watching the prisoners and cages was a curious experience for him to say the least. Despite his experience as a thief he had never really been to one before. One half because he never got caught and the other half being the fact that the people in his world would rather lop a thief heads in the streets rather than clog up the prisons. Those were for the nobles and their enemies.

But, the prison watch wasn’t as bad as he expected. Minus the screams of people claiming they were framed. That they had families, children to go to, and friends were waiting for them. That they couldn’t rot here.

He could never understand why people always complained before their deaths. Screaming and crying to other people would only eat away at their remaining breaths. Begging to friends or families would only do the opposite of what you wanted. Dragging them down with you wasn’t a nice way to try to solve things nor was it a smart one.

Ending his shift a guard once took his place he dropped his report to the guild. And, headed back to the dorms.
Summary:
  • Watched over prisoners
  • Nothing happened
Most people don't take this job for the very screams you described.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
> > >
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
> > >
Well I saw an interesting quest about whether a city guard is cheating or not. And the best way to verify it is to get myself on night watch and see if he makes a move on me! Details of that in separate report though.

As for the actual night watch report. It was rather uneventful, just with Clive-san, my cat Karyl, and I staring out into the wilderness for most of the time. The only noteworthy relevant event was that a few scattered slimes and one medium sized non-toxic spider came by, but I just picked the slimes up and ate them. For the spider, I just caught and grilled it on the fire nearby.

Nothing threatening the peace of the city, nor an attack.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Well I saw an interesting quest about whether a city guard is cheating or not. And the best way to verify it is to get myself on night watch and see if he makes a move on me! Details of that in separate report though.

As for the actual night watch report. It was rather uneventful, just with Clive-san, my cat Karyl, and I staring out into the wilderness for most of the time. The only noteworthy relevant event was that a few scattered slimes and one medium sized non-toxic spider came by, but I just picked the slimes up and ate them. For the spider, I just caught and grilled it on the fire nearby.

Nothing threatening the peace of the city, nor an attack.
That's quite the stomach you got there.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited: