Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Yorth

Swordman
Title: Corpses in the sewers(Non-repeatable)
Sponsor: The Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Investigate the corpses incident and report to the guild
Description: After adventurer Vor Saknave took the slime extermination quest, he found multiple corpses in his search. This concerned the guild as no report of these corpses exists, who were these people and who could have put them there? The guild asks you to investigate for information that could help solve this case. Talk with Saknave for more information on the location of the corpses.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 300
  • Money: 5-30 G (depending on the importance of the information and the amount of effort required)
  • Recognition from the guild

Name: Vor Saknave
Level: 3 (800 EXP)
Quest: Corpses in the sewers

Post Evaluated

Quest Report:

After finishing a few goblin subjugation quests, I assumed that it was high time for the main course. I had already put off this quest for way too long. I contacted a doctor so that he could perform a check on the corpses. I needed to know what happened to these poor people so that I could continue on with the quest.

It took the better part of the day to carry the corpses from the sewer and to the lab. The doctor then told me to come back in the morn for the results of his study. As I had nothing more left to do, I went outside the city and trained my magic before going back to sleep.

In the morning, I went to the lab and checked with the doctor. His tests were done. He said that these people had traces of chemical reactions in their bodies. They have been poisoned. We couldn't find more information about who they were, but we did take measurements of their height, sex, and bone structure. These might prove useful later.

After checking with the doc, I went and checked with the guild. If these guys were part of Scribel City, then there must be some reports of people missing. I went through the archive to see if there has been any such report. Unfortunately, most of the reports that had been sent were for children. All of the victims were adults.

Facing this dead end, I contemplated who could these people possibly be, and why were they thrown in the sewers like this? They were poisoned, right? Why would someone poison these people and throw them in the sewers? And at such a remote location too!

I went back to the sewers to check once again the place where I found them. It was a very remote location, and there is no way for water to carry such heavy corpses in such an organized manner. No, someone or something put them here. I looked around for traces of anything abnormal. Maybe I missed something before. And indeed, I did. There were greenish-yellow traces of a fluid that went from the place the corpses were put in to the water. Fearing it was poison, I didn't touch it. I went back to the doctor's lab and asked for his presence.

At first, he was reluctant to go to the sewers due to the smell, but after a bit of coaxing, he obliged. He still felt a duty towards those poor people. After taking a few samples of the fluid, he put it in a tube and went back to the lab. He told me that it would take a bit of time for him to check what kind of liquid it was.

Since I couldn't provide any more help to the doctor, I went outside of the city to train. One thing I learned from my fights against the goblins is that I really sucked at close quarters. This would have been fine if I was a normal mage, relying on my party to keep the enemy at bay while I bombarded them with spells from behind. But I was solo. I had no teammates to rely on and as such, I couldn't have such a blatant weakness.

However, even though I understood my problems, it didn't mean I could just magically solve them. While I could just learn close combat skills from a swordman or an assassin, my elvish pride wouldn't let me do that. I need to cover those weaknesses using the only thing I knew, magic. As such, I started working on perfecting my control and fluidity of fire magic. At this point, I could only make fireballs. But if I learned how to make other shapes, that would increase my control by a lot.

I kept training for the whole day to no result. Every time I would try to conjure a star or a cube of fire, it would just dissipate. Either way, I didn't expect to be able to do it since day one. This is a long and tiring process.

After the training, I went back to the doc's lab. By this point, he already finished analyzing the liquid. It was a mutation catalyst. A poisonous liquid for men, but one that caused beasts to become more aggressive and mutate. By this point, I knew that this quest had taken a turn that none of us could expect. As such, I closed my investigation early and decided to report to the guild.

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
References: (1); (2)

Resume:
  • The path West is mostly safe.
  • The area near Scribel is mostly filled with farms.
  • There is a well maintained road that leads to a village called Asteria. It is used mainly by peddlers and takes roughly 3 days (at a slow pace, including resting, praying and foraging time) to get there. It might be reachable in 1-2 days if you move quickly.
  • To the North of Asteria, a Bright Light fell down some time back... Maybe it was a falling star?
After I was done with evaluating the only report available at the moment, I thought I should take a quest to do my part as an adventurer, it would be no good if the guild thought that the servants of the goddess were unable to work properly after all.

However, after looking through the list, I hardly found anything that I wanted to partake on... I even considered participating in that show off contest due to the lack of options, but... It would be a disgrace to make a holy dance to entertain the masses, so I quickly wrote that one off.

Then what was left was... To explore I suppose? I quickly parsed through the reports of what was said so far about the nearby regions, and most of them were surprisingly dangerous... Although the upstream part of the northern river has yet to be explored, and the Western area was not as well... I decided to see if there was any information on the western are that was already collected, and noticed one person said there were farms near it, and another that a mysterious bright light fell from the sky at it.

The presence of farms made it seem safe, though the falling light was worrisome... It might be worth investigating at the very least.

I took some rations with me, prayed to the goddess for a safe travel and started traveling West to see what could be found there. The parts near the gate were basically filled with farms, it seems like quite the peaceful area. I certainly felt glad that at least one of our neighboring regions felt safe.

After moving through them for a while, I reached the last farm around, so I asked its owner if they remembered any bright light falling from the sky some time ago. The man vaguely remembered something, but it was further to the West that it fell. I thanked him and moved through the road onwards.

It was a peaceful trip overall, from time to time I could see some merchants passing by and we exchanged some friendly banter, apparently they were moving to the nearby village of Asteria that was further down the road. I also asked them about the falling light, but they did not have much information as most of them were constantly traveling... Nonetheless, it was nice to have the talk.

It took me 3 days to reach said village. I thought it would be closer to Scribel, so I didn't take much food with me... Fortunately, the path there had plenty of relatively-easy to forage food not too far from the road, so I did not end up starving.

Once at the village, I asked the citizens about the Falling Flash of Light, they gave me the information that they remembered seeing it some time back, but it fell further to the North of the village. I thanked them for the help, and thought it would be better to go back now. It's been 3 days already and I think I've gotten enough knowledge by now, and I wouldn't want to put myself in unnecessary risk to investigate a falling star... Or whatever that was.

Making another prayer to the goddess while asking for safety, I moved back to Scribel, and in three more days I had returned.
Thanks for the information about the West village, Asteria, and the bright light.
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 3
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bochi

Cooking Rations
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Money: 1G
  • Items: 5 rations
Quest Report (Vicious, Lv 1)~ [Appraised]
One small room, one pot, one table. One box of ingredients, one pile of firewood. Also one person sitting on the firewood, silently going through the paper in her hands. Every so often she would look up to check an item against it's listed counterpart.

In her opinion, some of the items in the box could easily be eaten as is, but well, a job was a job. Working meant pay. Pay meant seizing the means of item acquisition. Hooray for capitalism.

"Tch."

As to what she was making...it was simple. The bread and butter of a survivalist's diet, sans the butter. The greatest in the world. Rejoice...

"Flour, water, salt. Even toddlers could make hardtacks."

That's right. Just make a mixture with appropriate amounts of all three, mount into squares, and leave them out to dry. It didn't take long before several rows of neat little squares were sitting out in the open, drying. At this point, Vicious dusted off her hands, and nodded at her own work. She then got to leave, but stopped at the door.

"......"

By all rights, her task was finished. There was 40 people's worth of hardtacks drying there, and that was what the task demanded. Still.

"...Might as well."

A few more hours later the girl made her way out, leaving behind a table with neat stacks of biscuits, and several jars standing beside the biscuits. An attached note specified the contents---Jam.

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Title: Corpses in the sewers(Non-repeatable)
Sponsor: The Guild
Objectives:
  • Investigate the corpses incident and report to the guild
Description: After adventurer Vor Saknave took the slime extermination quest, he found multiple corpses in his search. This concerned the guild as no report of these corpses exists, who were these people and who could have put them there? The guild asks you to investigate for information that could help solve this case. Talk with Saknave for more information on the location of the corpses.

Rewards:
  • Money: 5-30 G (depending on the importance of the information and the amount of effort required)

Quest: Corpses in the sewers

Quest Report:

After finishing a few goblin subjugation quests, I assumed that it was high time for the main course. I had already put off this quest for way too long. I contacted a doctor so that he could perform a check on the corpses. I needed to know what happened to these poor people so that I could continue on with the quest.

It took the better part of the day to carry the corpses from the sewer and to the lab. The doctor then told me to come back in the morn for the results of his study. As I had nothing more left to do, I went outside the city and trained my magic before going back to sleep.

In the morning, I went to the lab and checked with the doctor. His tests were done. He said that these people had traces of chemical reactions in their bodies. They have been poisoned. We couldn't find more information about who they were, but we did take measurements of their height, sex, and bone structure. These might prove useful later.

After checking with the doc, I went and checked with the guild. If these guys were part of Scribel City, then there must be some reports of people missing. I went through the archive to see if there has been any such report. Unfortunately, most of the reports that had been sent were for children. All of the victims were adults.

Facing this dead end, I contemplated who could these people possibly be, and why were they thrown in the sewers like this? They were poisoned, right? Why would someone poison these people and throw them in the sewers? And at such a remote location too!

I went back to the sewers to check once again the place where I found them. It was a very remote location, and there is no way for water to carry such heavy corpses in such an organized manner. No, someone or something put them here. I looked around for traces of anything abnormal. Maybe I missed something before. And indeed, I did. There were greenish-yellow traces of a fluid that went from the place the corpses were put in to the water. Fearing it was poison, I didn't touch it. I went back to the doctor's lab and asked for his presence.

At first, he was reluctant to go to the sewers due to the smell, but after a bit of coaxing, he obliged. He still felt a duty towards those poor people. After taking a few samples of the fluid, he put it in a tube and went back to the lab. He told me that it would take a bit of time for him to check what kind of liquid it was.

Since I couldn't provide any more help to the doctor, I went outside of the city to train. One thing I learned from my fights against the goblins is that I really sucked at close quarters. This would have been fine if I was a normal mage, relying on my party to keep the enemy at bay while I bombarded them with spells from behind. But I was solo. I had no teammates to rely on and as such, I couldn't have such a blatant weakness.

However, even though I understood my problems, it didn't mean I could just magically solve them. While I could just learn close combat skills from a swordman or an assassin, my elvish pride wouldn't let me do that. I need to cover those weaknesses using the only thing I knew, magic. As such, I started working on perfecting my control and fluidity of fire magic. At this point, I could only make fireballs. But if I learned how to make other shapes, that would increase my control by a lot.

I kept training for the whole day to no result. Every time I would try to conjure a star or a cube of fire, it would just dissipate. Either way, I didn't expect to be able to do it since day one. This is a long and tiring process.

After the training, I went back to the doc's lab. By this point, he already finished analyzing the liquid. It was a mutation catalyst. A poisonous liquid for men, but one that caused beasts to become more aggressive and mutate. By this point, I knew that this quest had taken a turn that none of us could expect. As such, I closed my investigation early and decided to report to the guild.
Thanks for this information pertaining to the dead bodies found in the sews here's your reward.
  • Money: 10 G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
After such a long time traveling, I felt like I certainly needed a break from walking. So I figured I'd try aiding the guild to some extent with the reports again.

Though there weren't many of them left... I wonder what this one was about, seems to have come from a new person.
Quest Report (Vicious, Lv 1)~
One small room, one pot, one table. One box of ingredients, one pile of firewood. Also one person sitting on the firewood, silently going through the paper in her hands. Every so often she would look up to check an item against it's listed counterpart.

In her opinion, some of the items in the box could easily be eaten as is, but well, a job was a job. Working meant pay. Pay meant seizing the means of item acquisition. Hooray for capitalism.

"Tch."

As to what she was making...it was simple. The bread and butter of a survivalist's diet, sans the butter. The greatest in the world. Rejoice...

"Flour, water, salt. Even toddlers could make hardtacks."

That's right. Just make a mixture with appropriate amounts of all three, mount into squares, and leave them out to dry. It didn't take long before several rows of neat little squares were sitting out in the open, drying. At this point, Vicious dusted off her hands, and nodded at her own work. She then got to leave, but stopped at the door.

"......"

By all rights, her task was finished. There was 40 people's worth of hardtacks drying there, and that was what the task demanded. Still.

"...Might as well."

A few more hours later the girl made her way out, leaving behind a table with neat stacks of biscuits, and several jars standing beside the biscuits. An attached note specified the contents---Jam.
"I am not sure what you mean with capitalism, miss Vicious, but I ought to say you've done a good job.

"I'm however, afraid I am not allowed to give you extra rewards for providing extra materials than what was required in the quest.

"Even if the guild doesn't reward you though, I'm sure the gods have seen your actions and will look favorably upon you, their blessings are definitely underway.

"May your future be filled with the light of the divine."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 1G
Items: 5 Rations

Yorth

Swordman
Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Visit 3 apothecaries in Scribel City.
  • Investigate if it is possible that alchemists are breeding slimes.
Description:
Some receptionists have noted a high volume of slimes observed near Scribel City. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed regarding the elevated number of slimes. One quest report suggested that local apothecaries could be breeding slimes.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 2G

Quest: Investigate Local Apothecaries

Post Evaluated

Quest Report:

After handing out my report on the corpses in the sewer, I checked the quest board to see if there was anything interesting. There might be a lead there that could explain the presence of the mutative agent. And there it was. A report that suspected that apothecaries were breeding slimes.

While this accusation was innocent on its own, the number of weird events that happened around the city these past few months forced me to check every possible path. As such, I started my investigation.

My targets were two men and one woman. The two were middle-aged men while the woman was in her late fifties. Each day, I would keep stalking one of the targets. I didn't initiate contact as I didn't want them to be on guard. I just kept my distance and waited. By the end of the week, I finally caught on to suspicious behavior. One of the men, Donald was his name, had this habit of entering this remote house from a back alley every time after work. At first, I thought that he was just visiting someone, his mother or something, but after further investigation, the house was known to be ownerless.

As such, in the middle of the night, I sneaked into the house. The interiors were shaped like a lab. There were bottles and vials everywhere. Some snakes and rabbits caged, and all sorts of other creatures. I kept checking the house room by room, until I reached the last one. This one, I couldn't open.

Either way, this house was definitely weird. I think he was making experiments on the animals to test out his new drugs. As weird as that was, there was no trace of slime breeding.

The other two apothecaries, John and Jannet, didn't do anything suspicious, as such, I didn't initiate contact. But maybe they just hid their foul play in a way that I didn't notice. I believe this requires more investigation.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Follow the River
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Explore the river near Scribel City
  • Update: Traveling downstream (south) seems to lead to a waterfall/marshland (source)
Description: Several adventurers spotted a river while on their quests (1) (2) (3). Where does it lead?
Rewards:
  • Money: 3

Quest Report - Okarin

After going on that little misadventure with Cassel (it seems like the quest report isn't posted yet?), my mass reserves was depleted and I was currently an amorphous blob the size of the kitten.

...I definitely wasn't going to roll back into the city like this. :sweating_profusely:

Someone would definitely mistake me for a slime and then try to kill me!

Instead, I chose to do the sensible thing and decided to be a regular slime and bounce around the countryside.

...Or perhaps I could pretend to be a fish?

Hey wait, they were selling Roast Salmun in the tavern the other day. Shouldn't the ocean be nearby?

But where...?

It was such a mystery! Adventurers traveling in four directions yet still no ocean!

Fueled by a sudden surge of motivation, and went back to the river and pondered this mystery. Rivers flowed to oceans, right?

I looked north — or upstream — and recalled that someone had found glowy rocks that presumably came from upstream. I suppose that must mean mountains must be in that direction, right?

Then I looked south — towards the waterfall and the marsh/lake.

Well, I had been swimming really fast last time, so I decided to go float more leisurely down the river.

*swoosh* *swoosh* *swoosh*

+ + +

Oh! And there it was!

There was a fork in the river! I must have missed it last time since we were going so fast!

The southern fork — which we had taken last time — led to waterfall cliff, marshes, lakes, and the lowlands.

There was a southwestern fork that hadn't been explored!

+ + +

I started swimming in that direction... and this branch of the river opened up into a delta that dumped into the ocean!

The water got too salty at a certain point though, so I got out out of the river. (deyhdration is bad!)

So I guess that answers the mystery! Southwest of Scribel is the ocean!

There is a sandy beach here.

Further north/west, I think I might see so farmland in the distance?

It's not possible to reach the swamp region from here. There's a cliff!
Summary
  • Traveling downstream on the river, there is a fork
  • The southern fork leads to the waterfall/marsh region
  • The southwestern fork leads to the ocean

Last edited:

Bochi

Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
  • EXP: 25
Quest Report (Vicious) [Appraised]
It was a pretty nice night to be sitting on the city walls, staring at the grounds below. There was a decent breeze going on, and as the girl swung her feet back and forth, her teeth was busy at work.

*Chewing*...*Exhale*...*pop!*

As she absentmindedly went through this process several times, Vicious stared at the old lantern beside her. The old soldier had handed it over to her before her shift started.

*Swish*

Nothing yet so far, so she grabbed the lantern and brought it closer for examination. Just a simple metal box, rusting at the edges, but still very much functioning.

"I smell wolves."

Mumbling thus to no one in particular, Vicious squinted down at the grounds below, putting away the lantern. It took a few minutes for her eyes to adjust to the darkness, even longer to get used to the pitch black---then she spotted the glowing eyes. Staring back at her from the bushes somewhere in the not-so-far distance.

"...Correction, not wolves. Barghest. Great news indeed."

As the beast stared at her, Vicious stared back with her expression unchanging. ( '-') When it started to inch closer, she followed it with her eyes, quietly reaching for the bell on her waist. She was to ring it if a monster tried attacking...but all it did was to maintain eye contact with her. Just standing there, menacingly.

What in blazes is it up to?

As if in response to that thought, the creature sniffed, raised a fore limb and...flexed? As Vicious sat there, puzzled, it repeated it's actions, and she could have sworn it then pointed at her with a sharp claw. Almost persistently.

...I must be dreaming. Ow! Guess I'm not.

Finally, she raised her own arm and flexed her non-existent muscles, and that seemed to satisfy the barghest, who then ran off. Again, she could have sworn it smiled before disappearing into thin air.

I...what...I...

The befuddled young lady remained in that position until the sun rose, and the morning watch took over the post and sent her on her way, but not before giving her a strange look and informing her that no barghests lived within the vicinity of a hundred miles of the city.

Last edited:

Alchyr

Stone Shortage
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Explore the surrounding region.
  • Locate an additional source of stone.
  • Assess the site for the possibility of establishing a quarry.
  • Assess the feasibility of a transportation route.
Description:
Hi everyone! I just got out of a meeting with the Scribel City Council, and there's a concern that our supply of building stone might be running low. The previous site that the city was using as a temporary quarry is almost exhausted. Although most of the city is built with wood and bricks, stone is important for a variety of construction projects.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 120
  • Money: 3G

Quest Report (Checked)

The reception lady said I need to be clearer, so I decided to have Malice help me! She's way smarter than me. I don't know why she chose a mission to look for rocks though, that doesn't sound very fun to me. Here's the report!

Should avoid the river. Too much groundwater will result in flooding. The river goes north to south east of town. North and South are therefore bad choices. West has many farms and other properties. Not a good place for a quarry. East seems to be a relatively undeveloped plain once you pass the river. This should be the best choice.

After surveying the East plain along the road (for convenient transport), I noticed a relatively rocky patch approximately 7 kilometers down the road, a bit of distance away from the road on the left. The area had far sparser grass than the terrain around it, causing it to stand out. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be the top of a natural rock formation. I believe this would be a feasible location to establish a new quarry.

Malice writes way too much! What does all of this even mean? I hope it makes more sense to the guild than it does to me. That took way too long! I'm definitely gonna just write them myself, unless it's reaaalllly important.

OOC Edit: Looking at official map on the worldanvil page thing, it seems I need to make a few changes xd river on west of city -> east

Last edited:

Feathers95

Recovering the Dead Body
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Search and recover the dead body.
  • Note: It must be the correct person!
Explanation:
A few days ago, we received another report of a casualty out in the wilderness. The guild has not yet had a chance to recover the body yet, and the family is asking for a proper burial. We've provided you with a photo and their last known location... so thank you for helping us. This isn't a pleasant job, but it is a necessary one.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 50 - 150
Quest Report (13)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 3 (1030 EXP)
Quest: Recovering the Dead Body
Evaluation:
  • Successfully retrieved Henri Gyffard's dead body
After recovering from the scrape with the bandits last time, I decided to take on a new quest that hopefully wasn't as risky. I mean, I'd still be going out of the city into the wilderness, but it'll be in the morning this time! Unfortunately, my sword still wasn't with me, but that's fine! This will just serve as more practice for my magic!

The dead body I'd be retrieving was of a humble woodcutter on the outskirts of the city. He was a good man, known to have generously helped out the orphans living on the streets, and donated to charity regularly. He had a wife and two children, who are extremely anxious and clinging on to the speck of hope that he may still be alive. Although the chance was low, since he was reported missing so many days ago in the northern forests, they still begged me desperately when they found I would be going out to find him.

As I trudged along the forest trail with a cart and coffin behind me, I took another glance at the photo in my hands. The adult man wore a red checkered shirt and had a scruffy ginger beard and moustache. His hair was also a mess, but his eyes were like crescent moons as he smiled in the photo. His face innately had a gentle warmth that could not be faked.

After searching around the forest for the better half of a day, I finally found signs of a worn away scuffle. Dried blood stained the trees and some of the plants were flattened by hasty footsteps. A corpse of a wolf had a hefty axe stuck in its head, and not too far away, I found him. His body was infested with maggots, and rotting claw marks covered his body. His skin had swollen and faded to a deathly pale colour, but even then, the ginger hair messily covering his face proved his identity, alongside those gentle eyes that died with regret.

Suddenly, a big bird with carrion still stuck in its beak charged at me from the treetops, clearly annoyed at me disturbing its mealtime and awaiting a chance to sneakily attack. I spared the creature no mercy, blasting it at point-blank range with a raging fireblast. As it fell to the ground, charred to a crisp, I headed towards the man's corpse with little hesitation. It was gruesome indeed, but I couldn't let such a man appear in such a manner to his family.

Silently, I washed the dried blood stains off the body and repaired the wounds as best I could. It was gross, the grossest thing I had ever done, but it left me a sense of peace afterwards. I placed his corpse in the coffin and solemnly surrounded him with pretty, non-poisonous flowers that I found in the surrounding area, before closing the lid and heading back to the city.
TL;DR: went to northern forests to find missing woodcutter, found body that had a scuffle with wolves, was attacked by a big carrion-eating bird that I killed, made the body more presentable then I put in the coffin and hauled it back to the city

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Dear goddess, I take a few hours of break and there are already this many reports waiting for appraisal? And here was I thinking that things had gotten better recently...

I shouldn't think like that, maybe the rest of the staff was just taking a break as well... All at once.

I stopped myself from sighing as that would do no good, instead, I started reading through the report, let's see what this one brings...
Quest Report - Okarin

After going on that little misadventure with Cassel (it seems like the quest report isn't posted yet?), my mass reserves was depleted and I was currently an amorphous blob the size of the kitten.

...I definitely wasn't going to roll back into the city like this. :sweating_profusely:

Someone would definitely mistake me for a slime and then try to kill me!

Instead, I chose to do the sensible thing and decided to be a regular slime and bounce around the countryside.

...Or perhaps I could pretend to be a fish?

Hey wait, they were selling Roast Salmun in the tavern the other day. Shouldn't the ocean be nearby?

But where...?

It was such a mystery! Adventurers traveling in four directions yet still no ocean!

Fueled by a sudden surge of motivation, and went back to the river and pondered this mystery. Rivers flowed to oceans, right?

I looked north — or upstream — and recalled that someone had found glowy rocks that presumably came from upstream. I suppose that must mean mountains must be in that direction, right?

Then I looked south — towards the waterfall and the marsh/lake.

Well, I had been swimming really fast last time, so I decided to go float more leisurely down the river.

*swoosh* *swoosh* *swoosh*

+ + +

Oh! And there it was!

There was a fork in the river! I must have missed it last time since we were going so fast!

The southern fork — which we had taken last time — led to waterfall cliff, marshes, lakes, and the lowlands.

There was a southwestern fork that hadn't been explored!

+ + +

I started swimming in that direction... and this branch of the river opened up into a delta that dumped into the ocean!

The water got too salty at a certain point though, so I got out out of the river. (deyhdration is bad!)

So I guess that answers the mystery! Southwest of Scribel is the ocean!

There is a sandy beach here.

Further north/west, I think I might see so farmland in the distance?

It's not possible to reach the swamp region from here. There's a cliff!
"Those are some really nice news, Okarin. Having a river that connects to the ocean this close allows for much easier transportation methods than we'd have available otherwise, I'm sure the merchants will thank the gods for this discovery.

You have done an excellent job, may the gods continue to guide your path, now and forevermore."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 3G

OOC: Please remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

The next report was from the new girl that just joined... Such hard worker, I'm sure the goddess is pleased with her.

Now let's see what she has done this time...
Quest Report (Vicious)
It was a pretty nice night to be sitting on the city walls, staring at the grounds below. There was a decent breeze going on, and as the girl swung her feet back and forth, her teeth was busy at work.

*Chewing*...*Exhale*...*pop!*

As she absentmindedly went through this process several times, Vicious stared at the old lantern beside her. The old soldier had handed it over to her before her shift started.

*Swish*

Nothing yet so far, so she grabbed the lantern and brought it closer for examination. Just a simple metal box, rusting at the edges, but still very much functioning.

"I smell wolves."

Mumbling thus to no one in particular, Vicious squinted down at the grounds below, putting away the lantern. It took a few minutes for her eyes to adjust to the darkness, even longer to get used to the pitch black---then she spotted the glowing eyes. Staring back at her from the bushes somewhere in the not-so-far distance.

"...Correction, not wolves. Barghest. Great news indeed."

As the beast stared at her, Vicious stared back with her expression unchanging. ( '-') When it started to inch closer, she followed it with her eyes, quietly reaching for the bell on her waist. She was to ring it if a monster tried attacking...but all it did was to maintain eye contact with her. Just standing there, menacingly.

What in blazes is it up to?

As if in response to that thought, the creature sniffed, raised a fore limb and...flexed? As Vicious sat there, puzzled, it repeated it's actions, and she could have sworn it then pointed at her with a sharp claw. Almost persistently.

...I must be dreaming. Ow! Guess I'm not.

Finally, she raised her own arm and flexed her non-existent muscles, and that seemed to satisfy the barghest, who then ran off. Again, she could have sworn it smiled before disappearing into thin air.

I...what...I...

The befuddled young lady remained in that position until the sun rose, and the morning watch took over the post and sent her on her way, but not before giving her a strange look and informing her that no barghests lived within the vicinity of a hundred miles of the city.
"This is quite the unusual report... I do not mean to doubt you, but are you sure you weren't hallucinating due to tiredness? Or perhaps because of some less-ideal food that you have eaten?

"My first impression was that you'd dreamt of it, but since you ruled that possibility out during the encounter itself, I can only assume something else occurred.

"Hopefully it was nothing more than your sight pulling tricks on you, but I'll report it to the appropriate authorities just in case. May I request to know which area of the city were you stationed in? We need to know where to look at the very least.

"At least nothing eventful happened, may the gods continue to protect our peace, and let us have more nights of sound sleep."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way please~

AliceShiki

As for the next one... It's from miss Mirth? She truly loves the adventurer work, doesn't she? I wonder what adventure she got tangled upon this time?
Quest Report

The reception lady said I need to be clearer, so I decided to have Malice help me! She's way smarter than me. I don't know why she chose a mission to look for rocks though, that doesn't sound very fun to me. Here's the report!

Should avoid the river. Too much groundwater will result in flooding. The river goes north to south west of town. North and South are therefore bad choices. West has many farms and other properties, and is still close to the river. Not a good place for a quarry. East seems to be a relatively undeveloped plain. This should be the best choice.

After surveying the East plain along the road (for convenient transport), I noticed a relatively rocky patch approximately 7 kilometers down the road, a bit of distance away from the road on the left. The area had far sparser grass than the terrain around it, causing it to stand out. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be the top of a natural rock formation. I believe this would be a feasible location to establish a new quarry.

Malice writes way too much! What does all of this even mean? I hope it makes more sense to the guild than it does to me. That took way too long! I'm definitely gonna just write them myself, unless it's reaaalllly important.
"My my, this is certainly an in-depth report that provides plenty of information, my deepest thanks.

"I understand it's not the kind of thing you usually write about, but I can assure you it's very valuable... Though of course, your reports have always been very welcome, miss Mirth, we are deeply thankful for all the work you have done for this guild.

"We'll certainly make use of the information you provided in the near future. May the gods bring you the means to keep exploring the unknown lands."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 3G

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way please! ^^)/

AliceShiki

This was one of the last reports in the pile, there was still one more to go through, but that one I wasn't quite sure how to handle, so I left it on the hands of the more experienced people.

Instead, let's see what Miss Felicia has done.
Quest Report (13)
Name
Level: 3 (1030 EXP)
Quest: Recovering the Dead Body
Evaluation:
  • Successfully retrieved Henri Gyffard's dead body
After recovering from the scrape with the bandits last time, I decided to take on a new quest that hopefully wasn't as risky. I mean, I'd still be going out of the city into the wilderness, but it'll be in the morning this time! Unfortunately, my sword still wasn't with me, but that's fine! This will just serve as more practice for my magic!

The dead body I'd be retrieving was of a humble woodcutter on the outskirts of the city. He was a good man, known to have generously helped out the orphans living on the streets, and donated to charity regularly. He had a wife and two children, who are extremely anxious and clinging on to the speck of hope that he may still be alive. Although the chance was low, since he was reported missing so many days ago in the northern forests, they still begged me desperately when they found I would be going out to find him.

As I trudged along the forest trail with a cart and coffin behind me, I took another glance at the photo in my hands. The adult man wore a red checkered shirt and had a scruffy ginger beard and moustache. His hair was also a mess, but his eyes were like crescent moons as he smiled in the photo. His face innately had a gentle warmth that could not be faked.

After searching around the forest for the better half of a day, I finally found signs of a worn away scuffle. Dried blood stained the trees and some of the plants were flattened by hasty footsteps. A corpse of a wolf had a hefty axe stuck in its head, and not too far away, I found him. His body was infested with maggots, and rotting claw marks covered his body. His skin had swollen and faded to a deathly pale colour, but even then, the ginger hair messily covering his face proved his identity, alongside those gentle eyes that died with regret.

Suddenly, a big bird with carrion still stuck in its beak charged at me from the treetops, clearly annoyed at me disturbing its mealtime and awaiting a chance to sneakily attack. I spared the creature no mercy, blasting it at point-blank range with a raging fireblast. As it fell to the ground, charred to a crisp, I headed towards the man's corpse with little hesitation. It was gruesome indeed, but I couldn't let such a man appear in such a manner to his family.

Silently, I washed the dried blood stains off the body and repaired the wounds as best I could. It was gross, the grossest thing I had ever done, but it left me a sense of peace afterwards. I placed his corpse in the coffin and solemnly surrounded him with pretty, non-poisonous flowers that I found in the surrounding area, before closing the lid and heading back to the city.
TL;DR: went to northern forests to find missing woodcutter, found body that had a scuffle with wolves, was attacked by a big carrion-eating bird that I killed, made the body more presentable then I put in the coffin and hauled it back to the city
"I don't think it is wise to venture into the more dangerous areas near the city without your weapon in hand, but at least you were able to protect yourself with your magic, which is not as bad.

"Just remember to not overestimate yourself, miss Felicia. A moment of carelessness is all that is needed for one to lose their head. I've held far too many funerals for soldiers that slacked off in the critical moments because they thought they were safe... I'd prefer to not hold one for you as well.

"Regardless, you have completed your request flawlessly, I'm deeply thankful that you not only brought the body back, but also made it presentable for his family, I'm sure the gods are much pleased with your work. You'll surely be rewarded for it in due time.

"But for now, the reward for your quest. May the gods bless you with safety throughout all hardships you face."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 150

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way! ^^)/

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Visit 3 apothecaries in Scribel City.
  • Investigate if it is possible that alchemists are breeding slimes.
Description:
Some receptionists have noted a high volume of slimes observed near Scribel City. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed regarding the elevated number of slimes. One quest report suggested that local apothecaries could be breeding slimes.

Rewards:

Quest: Investigate Local Apothecaries

Quest Report:

After handing out my report on the corpses in the sewer, I checked the quest board to see if there was anything interesting. There might be a lead there that could explain the presence of the mutative agent. And there it was. A report that suspected that apothecaries were breeding slimes.

While this accusation was innocent on its own, the number of weird events that happened around the city these past few months forced me to check every possible path. As such, I started my investigation.

My targets were two men and one woman. The two were middle-aged men while the woman was in her late fifties. Each day, I would keep stalking one of the targets. I didn't initiate contact as I didn't want them to be on guard. I just kept my distance and waited. By the end of the week, I finally caught on to suspicious behavior. One of the men, Donald was his name, had this habit of entering this remote house from a back alley every time after work. At first, I thought that he was just visiting someone, his mother or something, but after further investigation, the house was known to be ownerless.

As such, in the middle of the night, I sneaked into the house. The interiors were shaped like a lab. There were bottles and vials everywhere. Some snakes and rabbits caged, and all sorts of other creatures. I kept checking the house room by room, until I reached the last one. This one, I couldn't open.

Either way, this house was definitely weird. I think he was making experiments on the animals to test out his new drugs. As weird as that was, there was no trace of slime breeding.

The other two apothecaries, John and Jannet, didn't do anything suspicious, as such, I didn't initiate contact. But maybe they just hid their foul play in a way that I didn't notice. I believe this requires more investigation.
Thank you for the information related to slime breeding here's your reward.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Slime Rescue
Sponsor
: Okarin
Objectives:
  • Save the slimes!
  • Rescue 10 slimes and carry them out of the city.
  • Prevent an adventurer from killing a slime.
Description:
Slimes are people too! Save the slimes! Stop the endless killing! Fight for slime rights and love and peace!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 120
  • Items: 1x IOU ticket (signed by Okarin - redeemable at any time)
Quest Report (14)
Name
Level: 3 (1180 EXP)
Quest: Slime Rescue
Evaluation:
  • Saved 15 palm-sized slimes
  • Saved 5 cat-sized slimes
Taking Nene's kind-hearted warnings to heart, I decided to take a bit of a minor break from constantly taking on quests outside of the city. When I first picked up this particular quest, I wasn't really sure how to feel. Although I had never been on a slime subjugation mission or actively hunted slimes before, I had killed slimes that had randomly popped out and attacked me. But at the same time, I didn't hold a grudge or hatred for them, so I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to take on this little quest.

Before long, I might have found myself enjoying their company. The slimes that is. Whilst heading outside the city, I had one cat-sized slime in my arms, two palm-sized slimes in my robe pockets and two palm-sized slimes on my shoulders. Whenever someone asked, I would say that an alchemist outside the city requested for these slimes to be delivered to him. But what slowly began irking me was the look in the adventurers' eyes. They would stare at these little slimes as if they weren't alive, just things that would give them easy quest rewards if they killed them. They always looked kind of annoyed when I told them they couldn't kill them.

Gradually, I began thinking that slimes were pretty cute, especially as the number of the ones I saved grew. They each had their own little personalities and preferences. Some enjoyed being huddled up in my pockets and some enjoyed feeling the air rush by as I walked out of the city. I always saved a big slime alongside some small slimes so that they could protect them when they were released in the wilderness.

Although I never found a slime to save an adventurer from, I felt like I was having conflicts with my moral alignment. If another slime jumped out at me... could I kill it?
TL'DR: smuggled a bunch of slimes out of the city and had a moral debate internally

Last edited:

Quaesitor

While a lowly quest like this is far too simple to be a challenge for me, I have to start low as a new adventurer. In addition, I am still far from the power I used to have. So I have no choice but to work my way up through the ranks with utmost diligence until I have regained the rank and power I deserve.

After listening to the exact description of these "healing herbs" I store the information in a memory area of my core before heading out of the city. In this task, boredom and annoyance would merely distract me from achieving a good result - so I turn them off.

My gaze sweeps over the grassland surrounding Scribel city, quickly identifying several patches of grass I suspect to be the healing herb I'm looking for. How straightforward and easy. Carrying the sack over my shoulder I proceed to methodically harvest the grass I can find after confirming it is the healing herb, filling the sack at a steady pace. This will be over in no time.

Exactly 47 minutes and 32 seconds later I regret the notion of thinking this would be easy. The size of the sack isn't small and as it fills up the weight only increases, proving to be a drain on my - for now - small energy reserves. I grit my teeth and continue whilst trying to lessen the amount of energy I use.

13 more minutes and 2 seconds have passed. I lie on the ground and my lungs are desperately pumping in air in an attempt to filter more mana out of it. I seem to have overestimated my capabilities. A mistake I don't plan on doing again. It takes 5 minutes and 44 seconds until I resume working.

Any notions of exceeding the required result are gone in face of the effort it takes me to return to the guild with a sack filled with healing herbs. The moment I arrive at the receptionist's desk, I turn boredom and annoyance back on.

With the words: "It seems I have completed the quest" I place the sack on the desk.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (14)
Name
Level: 3 (1180 EXP)
Quest: Slime Rescue
Evaluation:
  • Saved 15 palm-sized slimes
  • Saved 5 cat-sized slimes
Taking Nene's kind-hearted warnings to heart, I decided to take a bit of a minor break from constantly taking on quests outside of the city. When I first picked up this particular quest, I wasn't really sure how to feel. Although I had never been on a slime subjugation mission or actively hunted slimes before, I had killed slimes that had randomly popped out and attacked me. But at the same time, I didn't hold a grudge or hatred for them, so I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to take on this little quest.

Before long, I might have found myself enjoying their company. The slimes that is. Whilst heading outside the city, I had one cat-sized slime in my arms, two palm-sized slimes in my robe pockets and two palm-sized slimes on my shoulders. Whenever someone asked, I would say that an alchemist outside the city requested for these slimes to be delivered to him. But what slowly began irking me was the look in the adventurers' eyes. They would stare at these little slimes as if they weren't alive, just things that would give them easy quest rewards if they killed them. They always looked kind of annoyed when I told them they couldn't kill them.

Gradually, I began thinking that slimes were pretty cute, especially as the number of the ones I saved grew. They each had their own little personalities and preferences. Some enjoyed being huddled up in my pockets and some enjoyed feeling the air rush by as I walked out of the city. I always saved a big slime alongside some small slimes so that they could protect them when they were released in the wilderness.

Although I never found a slime to save an adventurer from, I felt like I was having conflicts with my moral alignment. If another slime jumped out at me... could I kill it?
TL'DR: smuggled a bunch of slimes out of the city and had a moral debate internally
This report put a slimel on my face. Thanks for helping the slimes.
  • Items: 1x IOU ticket (signed by Okarin - redeemable at any time)

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
While a lowly quest like this is far too simple to be a challenge for me, I have to start low as a new adventurer. In addition, I am still far from the power I used to have. So I have no choice but to work my way up through the ranks with utmost diligence until I have regained the rank and power I deserve.

After listening to the exact description of these "healing herbs" I store the information in a memory area of my core before heading out of the city. In this task, boredom and annoyance would merely distract me from achieving a good result - so I turn them off.

My gaze sweeps over the grassland surrounding Scribel city, quickly identifying several patches of grass I suspect to be the healing herb I'm looking for. How straightforward and easy. Carrying the sack over my shoulder I proceed to methodically harvest the grass I can find after confirming it is the healing herb, filling the sack at a steady pace. This will be over in no time.

Exactly 47 minutes and 32 seconds later I regret the notion of thinking this would be easy. The size of the sack isn't small and as it fills up the weight only increases, proving to be a drain on my - for now - small energy reserves. I grit my teeth and continue whilst trying to lessen the amount of energy I use.

13 more minutes and 2 seconds have passed. I lie on the ground and my lungs are desperately pumping in air in an attempt to filter more mana out of it. I seem to have overestimated my capabilities. A mistake I don't plan on doing again. It takes 5 minutes and 44 seconds until I resume working.

Any notions of exceeding the required result are gone in face of the effort it takes me to return to the guild with a sack filled with healing herbs. The moment I arrive at the receptionist's desk, I turn boredom and annoyance back on.

With the words: "It seems I have completed the quest" I place the sack on the desk.
One bag of healing herbs received here's your reward.
  • EXP: 40

Last edited: