Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
As of his last report, Benji has submitted this report in a collection of sketches utilizing Unlimited Graphite Works, reaching up to 200 pages in about 3 leather books. A transcriber has attached a narrative, stringing the sketches together in a cohesive story for ease of evaluation.

Benji had started his shift from the stroke of midnight to the break of dawn. Taking a post overlooking a greater part of Scribel City, Benji has provided detailed depictions of the goings of the night through his sketches, with intervals of one to three minutes. This can be proven by the clock tower sitting afar from Benji's post, providing accurate time stamps for each of Benji's sketches. All his sketches were done in a first-person perspective, and the narrative will continue as such.

Benji's shift was uneventful, with only one occasion of the bell being rung. The streets were mostly filled with beggars, stragglers and wanderers of the night.

From midnight to around three, nothing noteworthy had happened. However, during a few minutes to four, a group rowdy men had appeared in an alleyway close to the church. There were three in the group, seemingly drunken and agitated. Behind them trailed a woman in rags, bruised and cuffed with ropes on her wrists. As the men dragged the women, they were seen, in several sketches, to be assaulting the woman, beating her with their limbs and sometimes bottles of rum. At this point, Benji's alarm rung for around a minute. Even if it wasn't a big event in need of guards, Benji seemed to find the situation fit to alert the guards.

The alarm stopped ringing when the men brought the woman into an alley shrouded from view of the post. From then, Benji's sketches continued on uneventfully, with intents to stay on his post. It was unsure what went on in his mind during the happening, but it seemed to had done no more than to invoke an alarm from the man.

Then, close to half past five, something emerged from the same shrouded alley where the men had taken the woman.

Under the shadow, it was unclear what the silhouette was. But through Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works, it could be determined that the silhouette was a woman. The woman was seen to have wings on her back, with horns protruding from her head. The woman was only seen in three of Benji's sketches, with her taking off and never to be seen again.

Efforts to find the drunken men had been futile.

Attached:
  • Two self-potraits of Benji in separate papers
  • 3 leather books containing over 200 pages of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
Reported items from Little Green Bag:
  • None
I guess I'll add that to the list of things we need to look into.
  • Money: 10 G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

LazyLonduf

"30 Gs..." Oam said to herself, "That's a lot..."

In her hands was a quest paper with a questionable description.

The Witch's 'Assistant' (Once Per Person)
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Drink one of Shiori's homebrewed potions.
Description: So! With the recent harvest, Shiori's been making potions of all kinds, and Shiori's been labelling none of them. That's where you come in. You're going to drink the potion and then hopefully tell Shiori the effects, and Shiori will record them down. Don't worry, Shiori doesn't want a bounty on Shiori's head either, so if you accidentally ingest the wrong potion, Shiori will do Shiori's best to keep it a secret...errr, do Shiori's best to heal you. Shiori didn't cook up any instant death potions, so it'll be alright. There's even a risk pay, you know?

Rewards:
  • Gold: 30 G
  • 1 random buff or debuff that may or may not last until your next quest ends. (Depends on the player.)

At the reception desk, Oam asked if she could borrow a coin from the receptionist.

She slid it across the desk, "Sure thing, but what are you going to do with it?"

Oam grabbed it and closed her eyes, "I'm trying to see whether I will live or I will die,"

"..."

She flicked the coin high up with her thumb, it rung for a few seconds in the air before landing back on her palm.

The receptionist looked over, "It's tails, is that good?"

"I got tails correct... so..." Oam stared intensely at the coin before flipping it another time.

The coin spun in the air and landed back on her hand.

Tails again.

"...I think it's probably good."

For good measure, she tried once again. Her thumb flicked the coin up again.

Ding!

"Oh!"

Her hand failed to catch the coin, which hit the desk and rolled around for a few seconds.

It spun and it spun. Until it stopped.

Tails.

"I think I will be fine today," She sighed and pushed the coin back to the receptionist before walking out.

"Wait a minute, before you go--" the receptionist said, "What did you see?"

Oam stopped and closed her eyes, "It seems like if I drink the red potion, I will die."

"...be careful, Oam."

"I will,"

With that said, she left the guild and made her way to the witch's house.

Quest Report:
Name:
Oam Lola
Level: 1 (225/200)
Quest: The Witch's 'Assistant.
Summary: - Did not die.
- Vomited blood.
- Full effects are unknown.
- Fever.

I'll write what I can... but I don't think I'll be going to the witch anytime soon.

I arrived at the witch's house at noon. When I knocked on the door of her house, she opened greeted me with a smile. At first she thought I was a stranger, but when I showed her my guild card and the quest paper. She brought me in with a joyful 'waaa!' and pulled me into her lab.

"Take your pick!" she said.

On the table were lots of emptied bottles. Some of it were thin, others looked tall. Some of them were emptied and had scribbled notes under it. 'Not up to par', 'May need improvements with ingredient CDH from...', 'Failed potion, client bled from all seven orifices' I instinctively stopped looking at the notes afterwards.

The lab had shelves hung on the wall, mostly filled with gloomy looking herbs. There were also jars in fragile looking cupboards filled with numerous insect body parts... it looked like some kind of disaster pickled food.

The lab strangely smelled of flowers despite the terrifying looking equipment.

I took a seat by the corner and she asked to borrow my guild card for a moment. "Shiori would like to make sure she knows how much it affects people of various sizes..." she said.

It wasn't long before she came back with my card.

"Here's for today," she finally took out the potions.

I thought I was going to be fine...

I wasn't planning on take a red potion...

But all the potions she brought out were red.

Her enthusiastic speech left me sweating in fear.

"Come! Guzzle as much as you can!" she said, before muttering to herself with a sinister laughter.

Her hands grabbed the potion and she seemed to be wanting to feed me it immediately.

"W-Wait!" I pushed her hand back, "Aren't there other colored potions?!"

She looked at me strangely, "No, Shiori has improved the potions today, these are all variants of the last experiment, so they all look red. Now go on, drink!"

She shoved the bottle to my mouth, but I managed to push it away. "Wait! Wait! Stop! Shtooooop!!!"

"What now? Don't tell me you're scared now because of the color?" she said, "Are you afraid of blood? Shiori assures you, adventurer, it does not taste even one bit like blood, it tastes much worse than that..."

"N-no... it's not that"

"Then drink up!"

"No! Stop it!" I hit her hand away. She stumbled for a bit before looking back at me in confusion.

She stopped smiling, "You know you will fail your quest if you don't do what Shiori says, right?"

She put the potions back under a small drawer, "If you do not wish to drink it, then leave,"

I stood up, "W-wait,"

I tried thinking of what I could do to save this quest.

"You said that the potions were an improved version of the last one, right?"

"Yes, that is right." she nodded.

"Then can you improve the red potion now? I can drink that instead!" I stood up, "and, and, and it can save you some research time!"

She grinned, "So that is what you were thinking!"

"U-uhn!"

"Normally that would be extremely dangerous! But since you're so adamant about it, then sure! Shiori will do so!" she said before muttering to herself, "Hehe... Perhaps... can save... research time with this..."

---

I watched Shiori combine a few different colored potions together. Some were cooked under a small fire, others were combined with melted animal parts. The resulting potion that she put before me was pitch black in color, bubbling with a pungent smell of rotten eggs and melting with the viscocity of tar oil. If I could see demons in potions, there would probably be ten of them inside of a single drop of this concoction right now.

"Shiori worked hard on this!" she sat down while wiping off her sweat.

"I... see..."

"Go on!" she said with a hearty laugh, "Do you need to do it or does Shiori need to do it?"

"I-I will do it." I said.

I held the potion bottle with the both of my hands. Both were trembling. Both were pale white from pressure.

Isn't this thing worse than the red bottle?! Was what I thought.

I offered a silent prayer to the gods. It took me half a minute to gather up enough courage for the act. Shiori was beside me--but it didn't help that she was staring at me carefully with a thick notebook and a pen at hand.

30 Gs, this should be good... right?

I believe I won't die... right?!

They only said the red one was dangerous!

"Please drink it," the witch said.

"Yes..."

"Before drinking, please sign this,"

"..."

After getting that out of the way...

I put the opening of the bottle in my mouth and tilted it slowly...
I held my breath,
and downed the whole bottle.

---

When I woke up, I kept vomitting blood. The witch seemed to be disappointed in the results, "It was much weaker than predicted..." I heard her say in passing.

Much weaker?! Then how powerful was the red potion! My head is hot and my nose feels hot!

"Shiori applauds your bravery, she has learned a lot today," she said before giving me a small sack to me.

I was nauseous, but I still managed to stand up. I looked up and received the bag with one hand.

Wiping my mouth, I asked, "What's this...?"

"A tip for your bravery, you helped a lot!" she said, "Can Shiori call you for more dangerous things in the future?"

"W-we'll see..." I said.

"Then see you!" she pat my back heartily.

I left her house in the morning and arrived at the guild some time before noon. I might have to rest for a few days to recover.

Last edited:

Bochi

"30 Gs..." Oam said to herself, "That's a lot..."

In her hands was a quest paper with a questionable description.

At the reception desk, Oam asked if she could borrow a coin from the receptionist.

She slid it across the desk, "Sure thing, but what are you going to do with it?"

Oam grabbed it and closed her eyes, "I'm trying to see whether I will live or I will die,"

"..."

She flicked the coin high up with her thumb, it rung for a few seconds in the air before landing back on her palm.

The receptionist looked over, "It's tails, is that good?"

"I got tails correct... so..." Oam stared intensely at the coin before flipping it another time.

The coin spun in the air and landed back on her hand.

Tails again.

"...I think it's probably good."

For good measure, she tried once again. Her thumb flicked the coin up again.

Ding!

"Oh!"

Her hand failed to catch the coin, which hit the desk and rolled around for a few seconds.

It spun and it spun. Until it stopped.

Tails.

"I think I will be fine today," She sighed and pushed the coin back to the receptionist before walking out.

"Wait a minute, before you go--" the receptionist said, "What did you see?"

Oam stopped and closed her eyes, "It seems like if I drink the red potion, I will die."

"...be careful, Oam."

"I will,"

With that said, she left the guild and made her way to the witch's house.

Quest Report:
Name:
Oam Lola
Level: 1 (130/200)
Quest: The Witch's 'Assistant.
Summary: - Did not die.
- Vomited blood.
- Full effects are unknown.
- Fever.

I'll write what I can... but I don't think I'll be going to the witch anytime soon.

I arrived at the witch's house at noon. When I knocked on the door of her house, she opened greeted me with a smile. At first she thought I was a stranger, but when I showed her my guild card and the quest paper. She brought me in with a joyful 'waaa!' and pulled me into her lab.

"Take your pick!" she said.

On the table were lots of emptied bottles. Some of it were thin, others looked tall. Some of them were emptied and had scribbled notes under it. 'Not up to par', 'May need improvements with ingredient CDH from...', 'Failed potion, client bled from all seven orifices' I instinctively stopped looking at the notes afterwards.

The lab had shelves hung on the wall, mostly filled with gloomy looking herbs. There were also jars in fragile looking cupboards filled with numerous insect body parts... it looked like some kind of disaster pickled food.

The lab strangely smelled of flowers despite the terrifying looking equipment.

I took a seat by the corner and she asked to borrow my guild card for a moment. "I'd like to make sure I know how much it affects people of various sizes..." she said.

It wasn't long before she came back with my card.

"Here's for today," she finally took out the potions.

I thought I was going to be fine...

I wasn't planning on take a red potion...

But all the potions she brought out were red.

Her enthusiastic speech left me sweating in fear.

"Come! Guzzle as much as you can!" she said, before muttering to herself with a sinister laughter.

Her hands grabbed the potion and she seemed to be wanting to feed me it immediately.

"W-Wait!" I pushed her hand back, "Aren't there other colored potions?!"

She looked at me strangely, "No, I've improved the potions today, these are all variants of the last experiment, so they all look red. Now go on, drink!"

She shoved the bottle to my mouth, but I managed to push it away. "Wait! Wait! Stop! Shtooooop!!!"

"What now? Don't tell me you're scared now because of the color?" she said, "Are you afraid of blood? I assure you, adventurer, it does not taste even one bit like blood, it tastes much worse than that..."

"N-no... it's not that"

"Then drink up!"

"No! Stop it!" I hit her hand away. She stumbled for a bit before looking back at me in confusion.

She stopped smiling, "You know I will fail your quest if you don't do what I say, right?"

She put the potions back under a small drawer, "If you do not wish to drink it, then leave,"

I stood up, "W-wait,"

I tried thinking of what I could do to save this quest.

"You said that the potions were an improved version of the last one, right?"

"Yes, that is right."

"Then can you improve the red potion now? I can drink that instead!" I stood up, "and, and, and it can save you some research time!"

She grinned, "So that is what you were thinking!"

"U-uhn!"

"Normally that would be extremely dangerous! But since you're so adamant about it, then I guess we'll do that!" she said before muttering to herself, "Hehe... I can save some research time with this..."

---

I watched Shiori combine a few different colored potions together. Some were cooked under a small fire, others were combined with melted animal parts. The resulting potion that she put before me was pitch black in color, bubbling with the a pungent smell of rotten eggs and the viscocity of tar oil. If I could see demons in potions, there would probably be ten of them inside of a single drop of this concoction right now.

"I worked hard on this!" she sat down while wiping off her sweat.

"I... see..."

"Go on!" she said with a hearty laugh, "Do you need to do it or do I need to do it?"

"I-I will do it." I said.

I held the potion bottle with the both of my hands. Both were trembling. Both were pale white from pressure.

Isn't this thing worse than the red bottle?! Was what I thought.

I offered a silent prayer to the gods. It took me half a minute to gather up enough courage for the act. Shiori was beside me--but it didn't help that she was staring at me carefully with a thick notebook and a pen at hand.

30 Gs, this should be good... right?

I believe I won't die... right?!

They only said the red one was dangerous!

"Please drink it," the witch said.

"Yes..."

I put the opening of the bottle in my mouth and tilted it slowly.
I held my breath,
and downed the whole bottle.

---

When I woke up, I kept vomitting blood. The witch seemed to be disappointed in the results, "It was much weaker than predicted..." I heard her say in passing.

Much weaker?! Then how powerful was the red potion! My head is hot and my nose feels hot!

"I applaud your bravery, but I've learned a lot today," she said before giving me a small sack to me.

I was nauseous, but I still managed to stand up. I looked up and received the bag with one hand.

Wiping my mouth, I asked, "What's this...?"

"A tip for your bravery, you helped me a lot!" she said, "Can I call you for more dangerous things in the future?"

"W-we'll see..." I said.

"Then I'll see you!"

I left her house in the morning and arrived at the guild some time before noon. I might have to rest for a few days to recover.
"...Another one. Again, I won't ask anything about it. Just...Shiori seemed to have sent a note to you as well. 'Shiori's looking forward to your next visit! Shiori will prepare more interesting potions next time!'...Is what it probably says. I didn't take a look, after all. Here's your reward, now go take a good rest."

Rewards: 30 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Demonic Circles
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
Rewards:
  • EXP: 130
  • Money: 30G
Report - Solet' Luna
Maybe this was a bad idea... Although my body was not in perfect condition, and that I could not fight very well now, but the question regarding the demons still burnt in my mind. After getting the location from Miss Vicious, I decided to visit the abandoned house myself, now that I was strong enough. If nothing went wrong, I would not have to fight, just a simple investigation quest.

The house was, as one's expected, rotten beyond repair. The building, if not for the surprisingly dried weather, would have already collapsed under the constant corrosion of the moss, insects, and weeds. The creaking noise would manifest every time I stepped onto the aged wooden floor of the house.

To be safe, I came to the house at noon, and had already surveyed the surrounding and memorised the path already. If anything unusual happened, I could at least ensure my own safety. If everything went as planned, then the Golden Rose wouldn't appear here, as the news likely would not travel to the mastermind yet.

The interior of the house was filled with dried crimson shade, however, aside from the foul smell of blood and flesh, there were no signs of any corpses or demonic creatures that Miss Vicious had mentioned. It seemed that someone, or rather, something, had cleaned the whole place up to conceal the summoning ritual. However, for some reasons, they did not erase the demonic diagrams, which was glowing in faint crimson light.

Standing in front of the circles, I began examining the structure of the circles. With my knowledge from the previous work, I could inaccurately decipher some of the weird symbols on the ground. This further reinforced my theory that the demons did not originate from this world, but came from the other plane, as my previous world also had these demons as well.

Here's some of the words I could translate: "Blood" "Skin" "Purity" "Fear"

After reading those words in the demon language, as everyone in the previous world called it, I felt a slight chill gushed through my body. Little by little, I seemed to hear a crying girl's voice. Not just a girl, but I also heard some faint, inaudible voice whispering into my ears. The house trembled as if it was resonating with the voice, luring me to follow the instruction of the voice.

As my vision turned blurry, I seemed to see a pair of pitch-black hands stretching out from the demonic circle towards me. The world slowly turned crimson as I froze in place. However, once I blinked, everything shifted back to normal as if the demonic ritual had never happened.

To be safe, I quickly rushed out and headed straight towards the guild. Only after a while did I realise that my nose was bleeding. The blood was greyish, almost black in colour. I felt tired.

Last edited:

Epsil

Save my relationship!!! Sponsor: City Guard, CliveLocation: Scribel CityRequired Level: 1 Objectives
  • Successfully convince Adele that Clive isn't cheating on her.
  • (optional) Make the relationship progress further than before.
My beloved! My Adele! She heard about me trying to get closer to some of the female guards while on Night Watch duty and she won't talk to me!!!
I need someone to help me convince her she's the only one in my life!
Rewards Exp: 20(30)Money: 10G(20G)
I visited the dude in his room. He said he was innocent, he didn't cheat on her. There was a knock on the door. It was a hooker.
I left.

Well that was short.
EXP: 30
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Bochi

Report - Solet' Luna
Maybe this was a bad idea... Although my body was not in perfect condition, and that I could not fight very well now, but the question regarding the demons still burnt in my mind. After getting the location from Miss Vicious, I decided to visit the abandoned house myself, now that I was strong enough. If nothing went wrong, I would not have to fight, just a simple investigation quest.

The house was, as one's expected, rotten beyond repair. The building, if not for the surprisingly dried weather, would have already collapsed under the constant corrosion of the moss, insects, and weeds. The creaking noise would manifest every time I stepped onto the aged wooden floor of the house.

To be safe, I came to the house at noon, and had already surveyed the surrounding and memorised the path already. If anything unusual happened, I could at least ensure my own safety. If everything went as planned, then the Golden Rose wouldn't appear here, as the news likely would not travel to the mastermind yet.

The interior of the house was filled with dried crimson shade, however, aside from the foul smell of blood and flesh, there were no signs of any corpses or demonic creatures that Miss Vicious had mentioned. It seemed that someone, or rather, something, had cleaned the whole place up to conceal the summoning ritual. However, for some reasons, they did not erase the demonic diagrams, which was glowing in faint crimson light.

Standing in front of the circles, I began examining the structure of the circles. With my knowledge from the previous work, I could inaccurately decipher some of the weird symbols on the ground. This further reinforced my theory that the demons did not originate from this world, but came from the other plane, as my previous world also had these demons as well.

Here's some of the words I could translate: "Blood" "Skin" "Purity" "Fear"

After reading those words in the demon language, as everyone in the previous world called it, I felt a slight chill gushed through my body. Little by little, I seemed to hear a crying girl's voice. Not just a girl, but I also heard some faint, inaudible voice whispering into my ears. The house trembled as if it was resonating with the voice, luring me to follow the instruction of the voice.

As my vision turned blurry, I seemed to see a pair of pitch-black hands stretching out from the demonic circle towards me. The world slowly turned crimson as I froze in place. However, once I blinked, everything shifted back to normal as if the demonic ritual had never happened.

To be safe, I quickly rushed out and headed straight towards the guild. Only after a while did I realise that my nose was bleeding. The blood was greyish, almost black in colour. I felt tired.
"...I wonder, is the crying girl you heard the same girl that I couldn't reach in time...Forget it. You also took a really big risk, you know? Take care."

Rewards:
EXP: 130
Money: 30G

Reciful

Repairing Damage
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
  • Other: n/a

Character: Reciful "the innocent malice"
Level: 1 (rank 1)
Class: Chaos Bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: Repairing Damage

Reciful did a good job!!

Reciful go to a collapsed wall, outside city.

Reciful approached the construction person with a huge amount of hair on his face he look like a Cthulhu!! Reciful though.

But they suddenly scream & Panic when Reciful wave at them using her Tendrils!

"Ahhh! Monster attacks RUN!!"

" Monster a weird Monster!! appear call the guards!!"

"I'm going to die on my first day of work? NOOOooooOO! At least let me be married to Martha!!"

" Fck you!! Anthony!! Isn't Martha is that 12 yrs old flower girl in front of the church!?!? "

" .....whats..... with .... that Monster? my head hurts looking at it but I can take My eyes off her somehow..... Beautiful...divine.... All hail tentacles!!!!!!"

" Fcking shit?!! Robert have gone mad!! someone snap that Idiot to sanity quick!! before he become a fcking cultist!!!!!"

" Mama!! Save me!! "

Oh no! Oh no! they got scared! Reciful is not a monster how rude! Reciful won't harm anyone not bad at all!!

Hmmm~ what to do? AH!? Guild Proof!!
Reciful quickly show her guild proof to the Construction people... Eh? They don't believe it nooo its true!!.

After some time all Construction people calm down, they also ask me if I can hide My Eyes & Mouths expect those in my face!... Reciful did so cuz Reciful is a good child!!

Using all of Reciful Tentacles & materializing the shadows in the area into a shadow tentacles as a part of Reciful's body, moving items & stone became easy!!... Though its heavy~

Construction people became worried, they seems to run out of supplies of "Magic Cement " use to glue stones? In this big wall. Since they said to Reciful it would take 2 to 3 days for it delivered.

Reciful make a suggestion to the construction people!! To make use of the sticky Black Ooze Reciful produce! In my body!! As a wall glue!! Reciful can change its properties after all!!

Completed! Yay!
They praise Reciful work! They said Reciful is super helpful! They also said they wish all Monsters is a friendly as Reciful! Yay!! Reciful is not a monster thought!!

They said a work of 3 days became one day due to Reciful!!... Yes! Praise Reciful more!

But weird? The stones we're all white but the wall we repaired became pure metallic black & have the same aura like Reciful's somehow?..... Oh well~

Signed by: Reciful the Eldritch Abomination!

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
After crying the entire night, the sun rose and Liana immediately fell into a deep slumber on her bed - looking like a corpse. Once the sun set, she woke up again and looked around her room. Seeing some blood on the floor from when she was convulsing, as well as the large amount in the bucket, Liana got up from her bed and saw her current state in the mirror on the wall.

"...Blood...tears...?"

Raising her hands to her cheeks, she rubbed off the red liquid and stared. With her eyes glowing a dull red, she slowly put her fingers in her mouth and sucked on them.

"Mmnh"

Once her hands were licked clean, she blankly went to wipe her body down again before putting her - no dry - dress on and leaving the room. Locking the door behind her, Liana made her way down the stairs to see an already crowded tavern. Still remaining slightly rational, she quickly weaved through the crowd and left the building and headed near the noticeboard she'd seen other supposed guild members periodically checking.

As she neared a small crowd looking at the board, she overheard one of the people mentioning about some new quests meant to help newcomers get used to this world and city. Tilting her head to listen more, she heard another one exclaim in frustration:

"Not homeless? Find somewhere to sleep? Does that mean you have to have a literal room somewhere in order to complete this quest? So ridiculous! Just sleep under the stars!"

"Gillian, I'm sure it's meant to allow newcomers to find a safe place as well as to help the guild gain back profits from said newcomers renting rooms. I mean, they even provide the incentive by adding a discount on prices if you're a guild member." Another, calmer man placated.

"Tch! A home is where the heart is! I'm not going to do such a stupid quest! It's stupid! Stupid, I say!"

"Yes, yes, all right. Your little den under the archway by the guild building is your home. Your heart is definitely there." The calm man gently rubbed Gillian's back, speaking in a smooth tone.

"...Let's go and do Night Watch! They even have fires to keep you warm!"

"Sure, sure."

The two men left with some other people who seemed to be part of their group, leaving the noticeboard clear of anyone. Thinking about what had been said, Liana pulled out the room key she owned and headed to the guild receptionist desks.
I'm not homeless, am I?
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep: Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
Reaching the receptionist desk, Liana placed her room key on the desk and said in a detached tone: "This is the key to the room I am renting at the tavern. They noted my name and guild membership down when I booked the room. I have already slept on the bed in that room. I heard there was a quest to find a place to sleep. I believe I have achieved that."

She then gave the name of the maid who'd helped her book the room, as well as the room number.

[OOC: My Renting a room and assessing the situation ss in the freestyle rp thread shows that she has rented a room, so if the guild checked they'll find the evidence]
X

Last edited:

Euka

After having a near death experience in forest, I went straight to the tavern to rent a room and rest. It wasn't yet night but it was soon approaching. There should be enough to do a simple job before I sleep. I talked to waitress that I would out for a bit and headed for the Guild. It was still as busy as ever even if night was approaching.

> > >
Office Work
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >

This looks simple enough to do. I went to the front desk to notify the receptionist.

"I wish to aid the establishment in their documentation of records."

I could see her widen her eyes when I said that. I didn't understand since even officers in my land needed decent education of documentation even when in the field. She guided me to a door that led to the back of the building. The room was huge as I could only stare at the piles of papers that are stacked taller than me or her.

"You look like a strong man. These files have been unorganized for many days and I want you to organize them by date of completion. Don't worry they're all filed as complete, also be careful as there are boxes underneath those piles of paper. You can just put said boxes all the way back. When you're done then your job's done."

I silently stare at her as she shows me a sweet smile, but that smile to me was a demon's smile. She most likely doesn't know the kind of face I'm showing. At this point I could only inwardly sigh and nod.

"Understood."

With that confirmation she left me.... alone... with the papers.

I still stare at the piles of papers and think to myself that it's going to take me until atleast sunrise to get these sorted out. Pushing my complaints to the back of my mind, I hesitantly started sorting the files.

When everything was done, I filed my report and was told that I could leave. As I looked up to sky, the sun shined brightly as I walked back to tavern downheartedly. I could already feel myself deprived of sleep before I even reached the tavern.

Greeting to you Guild

As per request of the lovely receptionist that I spoke with. I have aided with the ordered organization of concluded. I must say though that the sigh of aplenty documents gave me such a shock. Nonetheless I have completed my task and as well relocated the boxes the back of the large room. I hope that my task was satisfactorily met.

At Service to you, Lancer Reival

Quest Evaluated - Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Bochi

Let's Go... East!
Sponsor: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Explore East of Scribel City
  • Note: Slime hoard sighted in this direction.
  • Update: Seems to be a large plain (source)
  • Update: There is a rock formation suitable for a quarry (source)
It was another pretty fine and early morning when Vicious, who had been up on the city walls early in the morning, happened to take a look out into the distance, and froze at the sight.

Now she wasn't the brightest spark in the bunch---Liberi had the reputation of being bird brained sometimes, and it was true she sometimes did things without thinking about it, but...

She was pretty sure there hadn't been an entire mountain in the extreme distance the previous day, and as she rubbed at her eyes, the girl discovered that it wasn't an illusion. From the height of the walls, and the sharpness of her sight, she just just about make out the peak that was grasping at the sky.

I don't know why, but I want to go take a look. Might as well snag a quest from the guild as well, since it's on the way.

And so, the girl left the city with quest in hand, a spring in her steps mere minutes after dawn broke, and took off laughing.

*****​

As it turned out, it was a good idea to pack light, because Vicious had a hunch that this would take quite a while and by the third day she had started to prove her hunches true. The distance towards the strange mountain and herself didn't seem to have shrunk by anything more than one-third of the way, and that was considering she was keeping up with a horse's galloping pace constantly. And she wasn't even stopping for regular meals, instead opting to snag berries from bushes as she passed, wade through rivers as makeshift baths, and climb a tree to rest during the night. In fact, the only reason she stopped for anything...

*Chirp*

The white coloured hatchling in her arms warbled happily as Vicious fed it some duck. She'd been feeding it duck for a while now, and it was quite safe to say that the chick had definitely imprinted on her.

After those feeding sessions, Vicious would hold Sanguine close to her chest and take off once more, running towards her destination. The first two days weren't that remarkable, taking her past the plains and rock she'd read in reports, but on the third day she had crossed into a landscape similar to a savannah, and now that she was gradually crossing into the seventh day, the girl could spot the mountain getting closer, but before that, there was a forest right at the edge of her vision.

Does the forest last all the way to the mountainside? It seems to stretch to both sides as far as I can tell, but if it makes a complete loop around the mountain...holy f***.

Vicious stared at the sky, gauging the number of daylight hours she had left. The sun hadn't yet crested, so it was still early morning. With a horse's galloping speed and taking into account mealtime breaks, it should take about three more days for her to reach the mountain foot.

"So, the challenge is to get there in half the time. Sanguine, better hold on now, because if I lose you at that speed there's no way I'll find you again."

Grinning in anticipation, Vicious put power into her legs and started running seriously, bolting into the forest that would leave behind even a well-built stallion.

*****​

She was somewhat unsure about spending a night in a forest she'd never been to before, but as it turned out, she needn't have bothered. Mere minutes after dusk had fallen, draping the lands in a purplish shadow, the girl ran into what felt like a thin veil of invisible liquid, cold but not unpleasantly so, and screeched to a halt in astonishment.

The air smelled different once she had that weird sensation, clearer, more fresher, but that was not what caused her to stop. Rather, it was the small town that suddenly appeared before her eyes.

And it's inhabitants, similarly staring back at her. All of a sudden she felt rather defensive, clutching Sanguine protectively as she performed cursory inspections. That's when she realised many of them had animalistic features, and arrived at a reasonable conclusion. Beastmen.

Similarly, a young man approached her cautiously, and sniffed her a few times before breaking into a small smile. He then looked back at the others and announced.

"Not to worry, she's one of us!"

At that most of the onlookers sighed in relief and went back on their business, a few of which even smiled and waved towards her as they passed. The young man then turned back to face her.

"You must have a few questions. Not to worry, I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Before that, you should come in and have a rest. Ah, I'm Boris, by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Ah. Likewise. I'm Vicious."

As she took the young man's hand and shook it, Vicious was surprised by his strength. Of course, she was still stronger, but what seemed like a lean young man in her eyes had the grip strength of a muscular human adult. Yet his eyes held no enmity as far as she could tell, and he just seemed like a large puppy...

*Swish*

Correction: He was a large puppy. The tail was brushing against the floor in excitement, causing the swishing sounds she was hearing.

"You look like you've not slept or eaten properly in ages. Runaway? No. You have another air about you. Traveller, then."

"That'll be an accurate way of putting it, yes."

"Great! I would be honoured if you would join my family to partake in a meal, then. If you're here, I'm guessing that your destination is the mountain?"

"Yeah. It appeared overnight, so I thought I'd come here and take a look. Did any of you see it exactly how it happened?"

Boris laughed.

"Miss Vicious, we came here along with the mountain."

"Oh, so you did---uhhh?! This town came here with the mountain?!"

"Not only us. Further in, right at the foot of the mountain there is a city, and up on the mountain itself there's another city. There's also small villages and towns like us scattered about in the forest."

"Really? Tell me more!"

*****​

In the end, Vicious ended up staying the night at Boris' house. It was a simple and humble home, not nearly as grand or detailed as the houses she'd seen in Gelderholm, but the material had been very comforting to her.

Bamboo...it's been a while since I saw that. And to think that this whole place is inhabited by practically nothing but animal beastmen...Still. The fact that this place popped out overnight is concerning.

According to Boris' grandfather, an elderly dog beastman who needed a cane to get around, they had noticed the difference the same morning she herself did, but the shrine maiden had told them not to worry.

There's a shrine on that mountain?

Yes, girl. It's where our miko lives. You should pay her a visit, or rather, by now she'd have felt your presence. You're one of our first guests from outside, so even if you weren't planning to go take a closer look, I think she would have sent someone to invite you up. But no need to be nervous. Just enjoy the experience.

The family even generously allowed her to use the baths, and she enjoyed a long soak while chatting with Boris' sisters. Just some idle chatter, but the girl was surprised at how contented she felt after.

Now she was approaching the city at the mountain's foot that the old hound had spoken of, and even before she could marvel at the walls or pass through the gates, someone was already waiting for her. A muscular tiger beastkin with a massive sword strapped to his back. Before she could even say anything he had already grasped her hand and shook firmly.

"You must be Miss Vicious. Our miko sent me to receive you and invite you to the city above."

Rubbing her hand, Vicious decided to try something, just to be sure.

"I'm honoured and all, but what if I don't want to meet this miko of yours? What then, Mister...?"

She watched for the reaction. Something as simple as an expression would tell her how much caution she should take...yet the tiger merely laughed, crude but not unpleasant-sounding.

"If that's the case, miss Vicious is more than welcome to take her time exploring Fuyu Machi. I'm sure the residents here will be quite welcoming to you as well. However, our miko has told us to pass on a message."

"Go on."

"She said, and so I quote: Welcome to our homeland! I'm sure you're eager to explore this place, and I understand the feeling. However, if you've went to the trouble to come all the way here, then surely you must have some sort of goal, correct? If so, wouldn't it be easier to meet me directly? I'd be glad to answer any queries you might have."

"Alright, when are we leaving? It seems like a three day climb at the shortest, to be honest."

"True, if we were to go the regular way."

"And the not-regular way would be?"

"Here, miss Vicious. Forgive my disrespect, but I hope you and the little one aren't afraid of flying. Also, feel free to refer to me simply as Tai'Ge."

Vicious rolled her eyes.

Tai'Ge. Tiger. Seriously.

*****​

When she woke up again, the girl first thought she was dreaming. She was in a rather cozy room, furnished with varying pieces of furniture of bright tones. Sanguine was snoozing by her side and there was someone walking into the room...huh?

"How are you feeling? Must have been rough, throwing up all your breakfast."

Vicious suddenly noted how small her stomach was feeling. "What..."

"Shhh, don't think about it."

Naturally, she thought about it. The sun was rising through the windows, and she was very sure it had been early noon when she had met the tiger. After that....after that...she'd agreed to go up the mountain to meet the miko, and then---and then---

"HE FIRED ME OUT OF A CATAPULT!"

Sanguine woke with a panicked chirp, causing the girl to stroke it's feathers soothingly. She turned to glare at the other girl who had just entered.

"If the aiming was off by the slightest, I would have splattered all across the mountain! That tiger bastard! I'll make him eat his stripes the next time I see him...well, now I'm here! Where's the miko I'm to meet? I'm gonna lodge a complaint about that stupid tiger."

Blinking as if surprised, the much shorter girl dressed in what she later noticed as traditional robes giggled, and bowed.

"I'm sorry, but if you want to complain about Tai'Ge, you'll have to take it to the shogun, not me. She's the one employment him, after all. Although I'm sure he didn't mean anything about it, since we do this all the time. But I'm going off the rails here. Once again, I'm Sora, Miko of the Yato Machi. It's nice to meet you, Vicious!"

*****​

"So, a week or so ago, this entire mountain got plucked out of where it was supposed to be, and ended up here? That's...really wild. And it's really---Achoo!"

"Ah, I'm sorry about the cold. This place has quite the view, but the downside is the weather. We are above cloud level, after all."

The two girls sat on a stone bench, Sanguine tucked between them---Vicious insisted that the hatchling stayed warm even if she didn't---and talked.

"Still, the shrine's lively even though it's so cold. Religious bunch, aren't they?"

"Hehe...well, if it keeps the donations going and my belly full, then I'm not complaining! Still, it's your first visit so I get your curiosity. The two Machi at the crest and the foot must have both been fascinating, right?"

"I'll admit I was very curious, though I never got the chance to explore much...the works were fine, though. Possibly better than dwarven works, at least from my perspective, and I've noticed that the grounds smell particularly nice...say, what does machi mean, anyway?"

"It's our way of saying town or city. The two have been already pretty long, but the mountain is older still, and it's plenty saturated with powerful energies. And it's what protects us from outside. You're seen the folk, right? We're fit, but most of the civilians don't know how to fight. The shogun's guards are basically the only group with ample combat experience, and Tai'Ge leads them. We call him the shogun's Right Hand, hehe."

"Huh, so that's how the hierarchy works here...what's the shogun like?"

"Frightening. She's proud and has well-intentions, but she's still very scary. But the citizens trust her, and so do I. But we're still facing a problem."

"What do you mean? This place seems like a little corner of paradise."

"Ehehe, that's high praise and it makes me happy. But still, someone like you made it here...I'm not insulting you, by the way. What I'm saying is, it's unheard of for an outsider to just waltz in here and be able to see past the barrier. It's not a good sign."

Vicious thought about the cold sensation she briefly experienced before seeing the village. Was that the barrier the miko was talking about?

"Sora, by barrier, did you mean the mountain's protection? If so, it's just a hunch, but since the mountain's no longer where it used to be..."

"The barrier got weaker? It's possible. This place was always a place of worship to our patron Kami, and if it's true, then we've been cut off from her protection and it's not great news...the villages in the forest need to be evacuated to Fuyu Machi immediately. We can't risk dangerous creatures entering and causing casualties to them. I'd better go find the shogun immediately. Sorry, Vicious. I know you have more questions, and I would love to stay and chat, but I have to get this to her. Will you and Sanguine be staying for a while more?"

"Sorry, Sora. I have to go back and turn in my report as well. I'm sure this place will be of great interest to the guild, and the return journey takes almost eight days with me running at top speed. And I've already stayed here for two whole days, jeez! Talk about time flying!"

"Hehe...say, Vicious, the adventurer guild you speak of is capable of fighting off monsters, right?"

"Yeah, although sometimes we end up doing odd jobs as well, but yes, if you have the coin, we'll probably accept the job."

"Then, when you're turning in your report, could you mention that we're willing to negotiate about hiring some adventurers?"

"Wouldn't your shogun mind? It is a rather big decision, after all."

"If it's to keep the place safe, she wouldn't hesitate about this either. I'm putting my trust in you, Vicious, so please!"

"Alright, I'll make a note of it...still, it takes me a little over a week to get back to Scribel city, though. And a trip back will be another 8 days at best. That's a little over two weeks, in the best case scenario. Will you guys be okay?"

"You're right...then, I know. I'll help you reduce that travel time to less than a day."

Vicious stared at the miko, not understanding for the first few moments...then the implication set in and she paled.

"Sora, no. I'm not flying back from a catapult, no matter how fast it is."

"Then, I'll carry you back. My name isn't for show, you know."

Carry? What sort of---oh.

Before her stood an oriental dragon instead of the girl she had been talking to only a few seconds ago. Vicious blinked, thinking about her list of choices, and came up short. It was the dragon, or the catapult.

I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

As she climbed the dragon's back, Sanguine tucked into a sling around her chest, Vicious was already regretting it.

"Actually, Sora, I think I can shorten the duration to six days if----Whaaaaaaaaa! Not so fast! I can't grab onnnnnn!"

And so, thanks to the dragon cheat, Vicious ended back in Scribel on the eleventh day after she set out.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
OOC: I made a report at the Tavern (my mistake) and wanted to repost it here. I don't wanna repost the whole thing twice so here's a direct link to it.

Feathers95

Hunting Mission
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
Quest Report (10)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (500/600)
Quest: Hunting Mission
Evaluation:
  • Hunted and brought back a deer
After his time at the Customer Service Department, Zombo felt he should take on a more violent quest to train up his strength. Unfortunately, since both slimes and giant rats primarily lived in the sewers and other shaded places, he didn't want to die because of a lack of sunlight, hence he chose not to take those subjugation quests. A hunting mission didn't sound too difficult, especially since he was very suited for ambushes in forested regions. With those thoughts in mind, he calmly made his way towards the northern scribel forests to scout out a place to lie in wait for a while.

Before long, he found himself beside Scribel River, nestled within the woodlands. Since most creatures required water to survive, he felt that this would be a good ambush point. Slowly he recovered his monstrous, tree-like appearance by shifting the plantlife from his 'tail' and stretched out his branches and vines like an unassuming tree. He was obviously a different kind of tree compared to the ones surrounding him, especially since he wasn't a native of this world, but he hoped that since he was just a tree, the animals wouldn't be too cautious regardless.

Hours passed, with a couple of smaller animals hopping by, but Zombo was patient enough to wait for the most opportune moment and a more suitable prey. These little rabbits and pheasants didn't fit the criteria of medium-large game afterall. As he was about to fall asleep, a mature doe suddenly strolled over, alongside her little fawn. Unfazed by the emotional or familial bond between the two, he waited till the pair were peacefully drinking from the stream before striking.

His branches and vines suddenly reached forward like a forceful net, entangling and wrapping the frightened doe. He didn't aim for the fawn, simply because of the fact that the creature wasn't fully grown yet and wouldn't supply the optimum amount of meat, not due to mercy. Although the little fawn wanted to save its mother, after watching Zombo use his claws to slice its mother's neck and kill her swiftly, it scampered away out of fright.

With his job for the day done, he hauled the dead deer back to the guild and made his report.

Last edited:

Himekawa

------------------------------------------------​

The starry sky looked so beautiful. The moon, in its crescent form showed its majestic glory. She gazed at those stars, and felt a wistful longing in her heart. a small desire in her heart, whispering to her that she wanted to fly, to reach those stars.

The city looked so small in the distance. Only the sound of insects and the owls could be heard. Her feet carried her to the forest. With her backpack in her back, she went into the forest.

There was a slight mist that she could see inside the forest, the air was cold, but not bone-chilling. During this time, the nocturnal being started their hunt, to eke out one more day of sustenance. She walked, and walked inside, as the light from the stars and the moon shines through the leaves.

each time she saw the fallen branch, she took it and put it in her bag. Her ears alert, in caution against the predator's ambush. So far, the only footsteps she could hear was only hers, nothing else.

She had found a clearing in the middle of the forest. There was a small pond in the middle. The water, crystal clear, was really cold when she touched it. She put her backpack down and took a few gulps of the water. It was really refreshing. after that, she decided to submerge herself.

The cold water was really pleasant to the skin. She floated on the water for a while, gazing at the stars. After some time passed, she cleaned herself and continued her journey.

The sky has already changed its color when she was done gathering the firewood. The shift from the blackness of the night to the dark blue in the horizon marked her end of gathering firewood. She returned to the city, walking through the grassland that separated the woodlands and the city.

The gate was still closed. The torch on the gate illuminating the area in front of the gate. She knocked on the gate and waited. After a moment, the gate opened. A gate guard, yawning and still looking sleepy, stood there.

She gave the gate guard her guild card. After inspecting it for a while, he let her inside.

--------------

She stood on the wall in front of the guild. The guild was still not open yet. Other than some people who like to work out, she never saw others on the way to the guild.

The first one who arrived at the guild, other than her, was the key holder. After he opened the guild doors, he proceeded to the back. She entered the building, and looked at yesterday's quest board.

> > >

Blacksmith's Apprentice - PART 1 - EVALUATED
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

> > >

She took the quest paper she intended to take for that day. The firewood pile ready in her bag, she waited until a receptionist took their position on their desk. It was not long, between her arrival and the first receptionist's. She gave the receptionist the quest form signifying her intention to take the quest.

--------------

It seemed that the forge has been operating before she had come. Puffs of smoke could be seen from the chimney, as well as the sound of metal hitting metal. She knocked on the door for a few times, but there seems to be no other response other than the rythmic sound of the hammer.

She opened the door to the forge. A blast of hot air went outside and hit her directly. A burly man could be seen sweating heavily inside, hands preparing to hit the steel with his hammer. That man then stopped his work, and looked at her.

"Come in." The man motioned to her.

She entered the forge, and close the door. As it was stated, it was really hot inside the building. The man then brought the steel to be reheated again in the furnace.

"Bring your firewood to the stack there, and operate these pair of bellows." He said, pointing to the bellows.

The man taught her how to use the bellows while he forge the blade. He continued to forge the steel into the shape of a long, thin sword.

"While you are here," The man said as he quenched the metal and fit the hilt to the blade, "Observe. Pay attention, not only at the bellows, but to what I do."

The man then put the finished sword on a rack. After doing that, he turned and face her.

"If you don't understand or curious about something, ask. You are here to learn and today you will learn how to control the fire."

----------------------------

"Move it faster!" The man commanded.

The heat, ever rising as she pumped the bellows, made her want to shed some of her fur. The man asked her to raise the tempo, while commanding her to pay attention.

"Observe both the fire and the steel. The steel will glow a dull red color at this point. Raise the temperature more." The man said.

-----------------------------

There was a lot of things she had to learn, and nothing to take note with. From material properties, the temperature and its effect to the material, how to use the bellows properly, and many other things. For seven days, she worked at the forge, absorbing every knowledge and technique the man threw at her. At the night, she stayed in the forge, reading the book the man gave her. Only at the end of the seventh day, the man gave her the slip signifying the completion of the quest. As for food, it seemed that the man's wife gave her a share of the food.

"You've done well, learning the basics on how to operate a forge. Next time you come here, I'll let you try to hold the hammer."

She gave the man a sincere thank you with her portable chalkboard, and bowed before reporting the quest to the receptionist.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Living Wood
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Forest Ranger
  • Find a magic tree in the forest.
  • Collect 1 log of living wood.
  • Do not kill the tree it is harvested from.
  • Note: Limit 1 quest per week.
Living wood is a precious resource with many uses.
However, many magic trees are very rare, highly aggressive, and difficult to damage.
They will defend themselves against any adventurers trying to steal from them.
For sustainability reasons, please do not kill the tree;
Cutting one branch is sufficient for this quest.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
Quest Report (28)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 7 (4770/5600) Rank E
Quest: Living Wood
Evaluation:
  • Located a rainbow-leaved magic tree in the inner regions of the northern scribel forests.
  • Collected one branch of living wood.
Sable had grown a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Felicia didn't even realize this since she was always by her side, but she guessed that it wouldn't be right to call her a giant chick anymore. She was more like, a giant fledgeling? Or something? Either way, she was at the height of a human now and it was becoming impossible to keep her in her room. I mean, if she even turned around, everything on her shelves and tables would just fly out the window! Due to this, Felicia had to reluctantly board her at a nearby stable, for a fee of 5G per day. Heaven knows how empty her pockets would become if Sable was to get even bigger... she already eats more than she does, and she's just a fledgeling! Silently, Felicia wondered if she'd grow to be around the size of one of those Giant Kukuu Birds. She hoped not, those things were bigger than buildings...

Sable, having realized that she would no longer be able to sleep by Felicia's side, and would be stuck in this lonely stable by herself for many hours, threw a giant tantrum and refused to leave her side. Felicia, who also thought she'd be a bit lonely without the big fluffball that has been with her for many months now, decided to bring her out on every quest from now on if possible. After promising her that she would come and bring her out every day, Sable had her first lonely night in the stables.

After retrieving Sable from the stables, who excitedly flew straight towards her and knocked her over, Felicia made her way towards the northern scribel forests. Since she had never actually seen a magic tree before, she assumed that they were much deeper in the woodlands than she was used to. As she walked around cautiously in unfamiliar areas she had only passed by briefly for other quests, she noticed Sable would occasionally disappear and re-appear with some prey in her mouth. As much as it was funny to watch, Felicia also felt a bit worried about her gluttonous behaviour. What happens if she eats something poisonous? Or infected with parasites?

Fortunately, they were still in a relatively normal biome that had plenty of ordinary animals for her to hunt. But in the future... it seems that she'd have to be extra careful. As Sable once again suddenly perked up and disappeared into the treetops, Felicia finally found what she was looking for.

After entering a sudden clearing in the forest, a sudden wave of dense mana washed over her body. In the centre, right where the last few rays of sunlight shone, stood a beautiful tree. Its leaves shone faintly with the colours of the rainbow, whilst its trunk and branches seemed to be alive as they pulsed with dark bluish veins.

Just as she was mesmerized by the sight, she suddenly felt a painful grip grab at her ankles and lower legs, as dagger-like leaves, perfectly reflecting the sunlight back into her eyes, flew at her with an inhumane speed. Although she managed to dodge the ones aimed at her head and vital regions, the leaves aimed at her restricted legs cut deep within her skin, before dissolving into burning acid. As she screamed at the sensation of her legs being burned from the inside, she quickly cut off the roots restricting her legs and retreated from the area.

However, just as she was about to leave the clearing to make a plan and recover, Sable, flying in from who knows where, suddenly struck at the tree with her talons, ripping off a large portion of leaves due to her size. As the tree suddenly turned its attention to the giant fledgeling, reaching out with its branches in its rage, Felicia darted forward, cutting off one of the branches closest to Sable and tumbling out of the way. With the living wood in hand, she retreated from the area, helped by Sable who partially carried her on her back as her legs screamed in agony from the acid swirling around inside her.

After directing Sable towards the river, she quickly rushed towards the stream and washed out what she could from her wounds. Although exhausted and teary from the sudden events, her adrenaline kept her sane enough to check on Sable's talons too, ensuring she didn't get cut by any of those awful leaves as well. After treating her own wounds with the healing herbs she was familiar with, and wrapping them up with torn pieces of clothing, she sat beside Sable as she both scolded, thanked and hugged her for what she did. As much as it was stupid and reckless, she rushed back to save her. That sentiment was enough for her to forgive her, though only after being warned a billion times not to rush in like that again.

Slowly, they made their way back to the guild to hand in both the living wood and her report. Although this time around through the forests, Sable protectively stayed by her side the whole time.

Last edited:

Miku

Quest Report (28)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 7 (4770/5600) Rank E
Quest: Living Wood
Evaluation:
  • Located a rainbow-leaved magic tree in the inner regions of the northern scribel forests.
  • Collected one branch of living wood.
Sable had grown a lot. Like, a lot, a lot. Felicia didn't even realize this since she was always by her side, but she guessed that it wouldn't be right to call her a giant chick anymore. She was more like, a giant fledgeling? Or something? Either way, she was at the height of a human now and it was becoming impossible to keep her in her room. I mean, if she even turned around, everything on her shelves and tables would just fly out the window! Due to this, Felicia had to reluctantly board her at a nearby stable, for a fee of 5G per day. Heaven knows how empty her pockets would become if Sable was to get even bigger... she already eats more than she does, and she's just a fledgeling! Silently, Felicia wondered if she'd grow to be around the size of one of those Giant Kukuu Birds. She hoped not, those things were bigger than buildings...

Sable, having realized that she would no longer be able to sleep by Felicia's side, and would be stuck in this lonely stable by herself for many hours, threw a giant tantrum and refused to leave her side. Felicia, who also thought she'd be a bit lonely without the big fluffball that has been with her for many months now, decided to bring her out on every quest from now on if possible. After promising her that she would come and bring her out every day, Sable had her first lonely night in the stables.

After retrieving Sable from the stables, who excitedly flew straight towards her and knocked her over, Felicia made her way towards the northern scribel forests. Since she had never actually seen a magic tree before, she assumed that they were much deeper in the woodlands than she was used to. As she walked around cautiously in unfamiliar areas she had only passed by briefly for other quests, she noticed Sable would occasionally disappear and re-appear with some prey in her mouth. As much as it was funny to watch, Felicia also felt a bit worried about her gluttonous behaviour. What happens if she eats something poisonous? Or infected with parasites?

Fortunately, they were still in a relatively normal biome that had plenty of ordinary animals for her to hunt. But in the future... it seems that she'd have to be extra careful. As Sable once again suddenly perked up and disappeared into the treetops, Felicia finally found what she was looking for.

After entering a sudden clearing in the forest, a sudden wave of dense mana washed over her body. In the centre, right where the last few rays of sunlight shone, stood a beautiful tree. Its leaves shone faintly with the colours of the rainbow, whilst its trunk and branches seemed to be alive as they pulsed with dark bluish veins.

Just as she was mesmerized by the sight, she suddenly felt a painful grip grab at her ankles and lower legs, as dagger-like leaves, perfectly reflecting the sunlight back into her eyes, flew at her with an inhumane speed. Although she managed to dodge the ones aimed at her head and vital regions, the leaves aimed at her restricted legs cut deep within her skin, before dissolving into burning acid. As she screamed at the sensation of her legs being burned from the inside, she quickly cut off the roots restricting her legs and retreated from the area.

However, just as she was about to leave the clearing to make a plan and recover, Sable, flying in from who knows where, suddenly struck at the tree with her talons, ripping off a large portion of leaves due to her size. As the tree suddenly turned its attention to the giant fledgeling, reaching out with its branches in its rage, Felicia darted forward, cutting off one of the branches closest to Sable and tumbling out of the way. With the living wood in hand, she retreated from the area, helped by Sable who partially carried her on her back as her legs screamed in agony from the acid swirling around inside her.

After directing Sable towards the river, she quickly rushed towards the stream and washed out what she could from her wounds. Although exhausted and teary from the sudden events, her adrenaline kept her sane enough to check on Sable's talons too, ensuring she didn't get cut by any of those awful leaves as well. After treating her own wounds with the healing herbs she was familiar with, and wrapping them up with torn pieces of clothing, she sat beside Sable as she both scolded, thanked and hugged her for what she did. As much as it was stupid and reckless, she rushed back to save her. That sentiment was enough for her to forgive her, though only after being warned a billion times not to rush in like that again.

Slowly, they made their way back to the guild to hand in both the living wood and her report. Although this time around through the forests, Sable protectively stayed by her side the whole time.
Meiko received the quest item from the adventurer. That was the first time she had seen the living wood, that she had to break out the guild reference book to see whether the quest item was right or not.

The inspection of the quest item took her 15 minutes. As it was completed, and none seem to be missing, she stamped the quest, giving the verdict that it was completed successfully.

Reward:
  • Money: 40 G

OOC: please mark your quest as evaluated somehow.

Epsil

Emergency Flare Shortage
Sponsor
: Guild
Required Level: 1
Tag List: Nobody
Objectives:
  • Design and create emergency flares.
  • Sell your creation in the market.
Description:
Our previous supplier of emergency flares went out of business. This is a problem! Adventurers depend on emergency flares to call for help when they are in the wilderness! Design a new product and sell it in the market!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
"So A Craftman's quest.", Adsall said while smiling. A simple flare was easy enough. Using his expertise, he easily devised a suitable shape for the flare. It was cylindrical with the trigger at the bottom. This was so an adventurer could easily activate it even if they're in danger. If they were immobilised they could bring out the flare and smash it against the ground, activating the trigger. As for the source of the light, Adsall settled with using the glowing mana stones used in the nearby river. He learnt about their uses by chance when talking to a fellow scholar named Daminus. It was found that by inserting mana into these glow stones, they would become brittle and if they broke they would create a bright light. Over a period of weeks, with Daminu's help. He was able to make it so that when the crystals were broken, it would shoot a bright ball of light into the air, before exploding in a shade of bright blue. Adsall decided to try and sell these at the market, but with the demand becoming so high and Adsall's inability to keep up with consumer demand. Adsall decided it'd be better for the guild to produce the flares as well. As an adventurer's safety was much more important than money.
Well done, looks like we have a new way to make flares.
  • EXP: 50
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.
OOC: @GM this could lead to a new level 1 quest requiring magic users to simply insert their magic into the mana glowstones.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
> > >
Hunting Mission
Objectives:
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
> > >

Quest Report - Okarin

One thing that Okarin did not understand about being human was the obsession with meat.

Okarin did not eat meat.

Therefore, comprehending the big bolded words on a guild flyer:
GM said:

...was slightly outside of their realm of comprehension.

+ + +​

Okarin intended to ignore this flyer that they found littered on the ground.

However, later that day when Okarin was wandering through the forest, the slimeperson witnessed something interesting.

+ + +​

There was a nice patch of Twin Flowers in a meadow in the forest.

Okarin was staring at the flowers because Green Slime was trying to wiggle out of Okarin's arms. The Herb Slime wanted to eat the Twin Flowers.

However, Okarin refused to let go of the big glutton because there was something else present at this scene.

A single horned rabbit hopped out from beneath a shrub and started nibbling on the Twin Flowers.

Green Slime appeared unhappy that its meal was being stolen.

Nonetheless, Okarin sat there watching, quietly soaking a different patch of grass up through their grey flesh.

+ + +​

Ten minutes later, some kind of big bird swooped out of the sky and killed the horned rabbit in a single blow.

Apparently, it was carnivorous, so it promptly started tearing away at the meat with its beak.

Okarin watched as this occurred.

+ ++​

Yet barely 5 minutes passed, and another visitor crashed the scene.

A wolf leapt through the bushes and promptly jumped on the bird, killing it instantly.

It knelt on its haunches and chewed away at the crunchy feathers.

+ + +​

Soon thereafter, the wolf perked its ears up. Perhaps it sensed something?

A wild boar came crashing out of nowhere and charged the wolf.

The wolf whined as those dangerous tusks impaled and left a big gash on its side. Wounded, it snarled and tried to bite back at the boar.

The two beasts fought and wrestled with each other in the clearing with healing herbs.

A dead rabbit and a dead bird lay on the ground.

+ + +​

Suddenly, there was cry of birds squawking as they fled. A Giant Spider tumbled through the forest with a big crash.

It looked angry and irritated.

Since it landed next to the wolf and boar, the Giant Spider lashed out and slew both animals with a single powerful strike of its giant razor-sharp legs.

Now there was a dead rabbit, dead bird, dead wolf, and dead boar atop a pile of healing herbs.

+ + +​

Okarin heard a few voices in the distance.

'It's getting away!'

'I see it! Use your fireball Vesa! Those spiders are weak to fire!'

And suddenly the forest lit up in flames.

The Giant Spider was on fire, and it screeched in the way that arachnids screamed (which was silently, but very limb flail-y).

'You idiot! You set the forest on fire!'

'How are we supposed to get proof of subjugation if everything is burned to crisp?!'

'Kris was the one who told me to use a fireball!'

'Ugh! All of you are terrible! Terrible, I say!'

'Um, guys? Are we going to put out the fire?'

+ + +​

A bunch of human adventurers argued, and Okarin stood up from their resting place.

The flames were blazing uncomfortably close to their spot.

Okarin was about to exit the scene, but they turned their eyes to the pile of corpses in the middle of the flaming meadow.

+ + +​

It was quite a waste, wasn't it?

The slimeperson sighed, and then quickly took a detour and picked up the dead boar.

They carried it out with them, and as soon as Okarin exited the border of the forest, they tossed the carcass on the ground with disgust.

It was unpleasant to deal with dead things.

It was bloody, and Okarin could taste the tangy flavor of iron.

Adventurers did this every day???

Okarin didn't want to touch the dead animal anymore though.

Perhaps they would go find someone who could drag it back to the city for them...

They sat down at the edge of the forest and waited.

+ + +​

Eventually a woodcutter came by, and Okarin asked if they wanted the boar. Perhaps they could take it back to the city on their cart?

The woodcutter didn't seem very eager, but agreed when Okarin said the woodcutter could take all the credit and reward.

Okarin just didn't want to deal with the corpse anymore.

----------
Summary:
  • Okarin was sitting around.
  • They saw a horned rabbit nibble on twin flowers.
  • A bird of prey killed the horned rabbit.
  • A wolf killed the bird of prey.
  • A boar attacked the wolf.
  • A giant spider killed the boar and the wolf.
  • Humans set the giant spider on fire.
  • This part of the forest is burning.
  • Okarin dragged the boar carcass out... is that meat...?
  • A woodcutter agreed to take the carcass to the city.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Last edited:

Miku

Quest Report (10)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 2 (500/600)
Quest: Hunting Mission
Evaluation:
  • Hunted and brought back a deer
After his time at the Customer Service Department, Zombo felt he should take on a more violent quest to train up his strength. Unfortunately, since both slimes and giant rats primarily lived in the sewers and other shaded places, he didn't want to die because of a lack of sunlight, hence he chose not to take those subjugation quests. A hunting mission didn't sound too difficult, especially since he was very suited for ambushes in forested regions. With those thoughts in mind, he calmly made his way towards the northern scribel forests to scout out a place to lie in wait for a while.

Before long, he found himself beside Scribel River, nestled within the woodlands. Since most creatures required water to survive, he felt that this would be a good ambush point. Slowly he recovered his monstrous, tree-like appearance by shifting the plantlife from his 'tail' and stretched out his branches and vines like an unassuming tree. He was obviously a different kind of tree compared to the ones surrounding him, especially since he wasn't a native of this world, but he hoped that since he was just a tree, the animals wouldn't be too cautious regardless.

Hours passed, with a couple of smaller animals hopping by, but Zombo was patient enough to wait for the most opportune moment and a more suitable prey. These little rabbits and pheasants didn't fit the criteria of medium-large game afterall. As he was about to fall asleep, a mature doe suddenly strolled over, alongside her little fawn. Unfazed by the emotional or familial bond between the two, he waited till the pair were peacefully drinking from the stream before striking.

His branches and vines suddenly reached forward like a forceful net, entangling and wrapping the frightened doe. He didn't aim for the fawn, simply because of the fact that the creature wasn't fully grown yet and wouldn't supply the optimum amount of meat, not due to mercy. Although the little fawn wanted to save its mother, after watching Zombo use his claws to slice its mother's neck and kill her swiftly, it scampered away out of fright.

With his job for the day done, he hauled the dead deer back to the guild and made his report.

The adventurer, lugging a dead doe, came up to her desk. As he gave his guild report, she checked the quest item. Finding nothing wrong and everything completed successfully, she mark the quest as successfully completed, and file the quest report. Then, she gave the adventurer the promised reward.

She wrote on the chalkboard, "The meat jerky can be taken tomorrow." and then gave him the 20G and the voucher to redeem the meat jerky.

Rewards:

OOC: please mark your quest as evaluated somehow.

Miku

> > >
Hunting Mission
Objectives:
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
> > >

Quest Report - Okarin

One thing that Okarin did not understand about being human was the obsession with meat.

Okarin did not eat meat.

Therefore, comprehending the big bolded words on a guild flyer:

...was slightly outside of their realm of comprehension.

+ + +​

Okarin intended to ignore this flyer that they found littered on the ground.

However, later that day when Okarin was wandering through the forest, the slimeperson witnessed something interesting.

+ + +​

There was a nice patch of Twin Flowers in a meadow in the forest.

Okarin was staring at the flowers because Green Slime was trying to wiggle out of Okarin's arms. The Herb Slime wanted to eat the Twin Flowers.

However, Okarin refused to let go of the big glutton because there was something else present at this scene.

A single horned rabbit hopped out from beneath a shrub and started nibbling on the Twin Flowers.

Green Slime appeared unhappy that its meal was being stolen.

Nonetheless, Okarin sat there watching, quietly soaking a different patch of grass up through their grey flesh.

+ + +​

Ten minutes later, some kind of big bird swooped out of the sky and killed the horned rabbit in a single blow.

Apparently, it was carnivorous, so it promptly started tearing away at the meat with its beak.

Okarin watched as this occurred.

+ ++​

Yet barely 5 minutes passed, and another visitor crashed the scene.

A wolf leapt through the bushes and promptly jumped on the bird, killing it instantly.

It knelt on its haunches and chewed away at the crunchy feathers.

+ + +​

Soon thereafter, the wolf perked its ears up. Perhaps it sensed something?

A wild boar came crashing out of nowhere and charged the wolf.

The wolf whined as those dangerous tusks impaled and left a big gash on its side. Wounded, it snarled and tried to bite back at the boar.

The two beasts fought and wrestled with each other in the clearing with healing herbs.

A dead rabbit and a dead bird lay on the ground.

+ + +​

Suddenly, there was cry of birds squawking as they fled. A Giant Spider tumbled through the forest with a big crash.

It looked angry and irritated.

Since it landed next to the wolf and boar, the Giant Spider lashed out and slew both animals with a single powerful strike of its giant razor-sharp legs.

Now there was a dead rabbit, dead bird, dead wolf, and dead boar atop a pile of healing herbs.

+ + +​

Okarin heard a few voices in the distance.

'It's getting away!'

'I see it! Use your fireball Vesa! Those spiders are weak to fire!'

And suddenly the forest lit up in flames.

The Giant Spider was on fire, and it screeched in the way that arachnids screamed (which was silently, but very limb flail-y).

'You idiot! You set the forest on fire!'

'How are we supposed to get proof of subjugation if everything is burned to crisp?!'

'Kris was the one who told me to use a fireball!'

'Ugh! All of you are terrible! Terrible, I say!'

'Um, guys? Are we going to put out the fire?'

+ + +​

A bunch of human adventurers argued, and Okarin stood up from their resting place.

The flames were blazing uncomfortably close to their spot.

Okarin was about to exit the scene, but they turned their eyes to the pile of corpses in the middle of the flaming meadow.

+ + +​

It was quite a waste, wasn't it?

The slimeperson sighed, and then quickly took a detour and picked up the dead boar.

They carried it out with them, and as soon as Okarin exited the border of the forest, they tossed the carcass on the ground with disgust.

It was unpleasant to deal with dead things.

It was bloody, and Okarin could taste the tangy flavor of iron.

Adventurers did this every day???

Okarin didn't want to touch the dead animal anymore though.

Perhaps they would go find someone who could drag it back to the city for them...

They sat down at the edge of the forest and waited.

+ + +​

Eventually a woodcutter came by, and Okarin asked if they wanted the boar. Perhaps they could take it back to the city on their cart?

The woodcutter didn't seem very eager, but agreed when Okarin said the woodcutter could all the credit and reward.

Okarin just didn't want to deal with the corpse anymore.

----------
Summary:
  • Okarin was sitting around.
  • They saw a horned rabbit nibble on twin flowers.
  • A bird of prey killed the horned rabbit.
  • A wolf killed the bird of prey.
  • A boar attacked the wolf.
  • A giant spider killed the boar and the wolf.
  • Humans set the giant spider on fire.
  • This part of the forest is burning.
  • Okarin dragged the boar carcass out... is that meat...?
  • A woodcutter agreed to take the carcass to the city.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
She wondered if the adventurer whom she was evaluating were saying the truth. She thought it was easy assignment to fail the adventurer since he did not bring the requested item, but the report had said of forest fire, and that was the concern here.

It was still a failure, of course. But she had to make a request to the guard office if the guard on the northern part of the city saw a rising smoke from the forest. Stamping the quest as a failure, she left the desk to the other receptionist to go to the guard office.

Rewards:
  • Money: 0 G
  • Other: -

OOC: please mark your quest as evaluated somewhere.

Epsil

"So this is the town." ,Vysic thought to himself.
Vysic had heard of a town that accepted adventurers no questions asked.
Most guilds often required ID. Since Vysic's banishment, he didn't have an ID and he couldn't use his merchant's ID either.
He entered through the town using his merchant's ID.
The town was like a typical town. There was an area for the slums, a section for the rich, a market.
It was quite eclectic though with various races, and various classes scattered around everywhere.
He noticed a nearby quest paper attatched to a wall.
"So they also have witches here.", He mumbled.
Eventually he reached the adventurer's guild.
> > >
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably! Rewards:
> > >

Arriving at the counter Vysic slowly approached the receptionist.
"Uh.. uh... RegiSteR please.", He said awkwardly.
The receptionist cheerfully turned around and said. "Sure, just fill in this form." Before quickly turning back to deal with another adventurer.
As Vysic filled in the form he thought "Ah, I was very rude interrupting her like that I should apologise."
When Vysic went back to the receptionist desk, there was a different receptionist. A muscular man clad in armour. He snatched the registration form out of his hand, and strongly stamped it. "WELCOME TO THE GUILD MR... VYSIC.", He shouted.
Embarrassed, Vysic said in a soft voice"Thanks..." before leaving the guild in a rush.

A new adventurer? she looked at the new registration. It was noted that the adventurer forgot to take the guild card, and that the guild card should be given to him next time the adventurer came here.

She filed the quest in the new adventurer registration pile and continue her work.

Last edited: