Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

GM

- | Registration | Quest Board | Reception Desk | Freestyle RP | Tavern | Market | Library (Web) | OOC Room | -
Adventurer's Guild Tavern
+ + +
Introduction

The "Tavern" is a miscellaneous casual socializing area for the Adventurer's Guild (SHF Branch) RPG game.​
You can use this space to chat to other characters, develop plots, form parties, roleplay, or really anything. Most people use this thread for one-line roleplay (e.g. *defenestrates @GM out of the window*). Feel free to go totally wild!​
Everything in this thread is In-Character (IC) by default.​

Setting

Even though this thread is called the "Tavern", it is actually a metaphysical entity that may or may not actually exist in reality.​
There is a popular tavern in Scribel City that is affiliated with the Adventurer's Guild... but is it the same thing as the "Tavern"?​
In prior versions of the Adventurer's Guild, the "Tavern" has been both indestructible and demolished several times. It is capable of flying through outer space and teleporting 500 miles away, picking up lost travelers far away from home. The dead are rumored to be able to speak, and nothing of real consequence ever happens in the "Tavern"... yet sometimes it is still canon! :blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy::blob_dizzy:
How does this make sense? We have no clue!​
Welcome to the "Tavern" please throw your common sense out of the window!​
+ + +
Adventurer's Guild Tavern
"Where adventurers get cheap food but terrible service."
Location​
Owner​
Next to the Adventurer's Guild​
Adventurer's Guild​
Item​
Price​
Description​
Room​
5 G / day​
Lodging in a cheap room.​
Room + Board​
10 G / day​
Lodging in a cheap room. Meals included.​
Beer​
1 G / pint​
Cheap local beer. Tastes disgusting.​
Ale​
2 G / pint​
Decent ale. Barely palatable.​
Cheap Wine​
5 G / pitcher​
Cheap wine. Watery and unremarkable.​
Imported Wine​
10 G / bottle​
A bottle of imported wine. Better than anything here.​
Bread​
1 G / loaf​
A loaf of plain bread. Slightly stale.​
Cheese​
2 G / chunk​
A chunk of cheese. Is that mold?​
Eggs​
1 G / plate​
Two eggs, cooked to order.​
Meat​
4 G / chunk​
A chunk of meat, don't ask what kind.​
Meal (Poor)​
2 G / meal​
A cheap bare-bones meal. Serving leftovers only.​
Meal (Common)​
5 G / meal​
A commoner's meal, please see the menu.​
Meal (Good)​
8 G / meal​
A "decent" meal, please see the menu.​
Meal (Banquet)​
35 G / meal​
You're really going to risk the "special" course..?​
Stable Fee​
15 G / day​
Daily fee for lodging an animal in the stables.​
Animal Feed​
2 G / day​
Daily price for animal feed (generic), suitable for typical grass-eating mounts.​

+ + +​

Last edited:

FriendlyDragon

Your friendly local dragon~
It is a salmon variant known for their vibrant purple colored flesh rather than the more common pink of their cousins. This fish is known to be rather violent in nature though too weak to do any damage to any respectable adventurer. Their danger comes from the schools they swim in which can overwhelm anyone unprepared. They're quite flavorful, though a tad chewy. Many have said that their taste is "the perfect balance between savory and the saltiness of the sea".

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
1581819145714.png

I just saw this advertisement at a local restaurant. All I know is when it's cooked, it tastes awesome. If I had to describe the taste, I'd say it has a subtle refreshing taste, that makes it seem more like a mildly flavored meat than a seafood. Good thing @FriendlyDragon knows the finer details about the actual creature instead!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It is a salmon variant known for their vibrant purple colored flesh rather than the more common pink of their cousins. This fish is known to be rather violent in nature though too weak to do any damage to any respectable adventurer. Their danger comes from the schools they swim in which can overwhelm anyone unprepared. They're quite flavorful, though a tad chewy. Many have said that their taste is "the perfect balance between savory and the saltiness of the sea".
:blob_aww::blob_aww::blob_aww: Wow! Sensei is so knowledgeable! Teach me more!

I've never had a chewy fish before. Is it like octopus?

View attachment 1767

I just saw this advertisement at a local restaurant. All I know is when it's cooked, it tastes awesome. If I had to describe the taste, I'd say it has a subtle refreshing taste, that makes it seem more like a mildly flavored meat than a seafood. Good thing @FriendlyDragon knows the finer details about the actual creature instead!
:blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_drool:

So just to get the awkward question out of the way... why are you called a tree?

Were you made from a tree? Does that mean your tree is dead? Do you resent the person who chopped down your tree?

a grumpy cat she names Karyl
Um, is Karyl one of those mascot cats that is secretly able to talk and stuff??

also a bag of assorted necessities.
*peeks*

Ruk'muk can pick stones off of his body to use with his sling
I can have a rock? Like, just because? No reason to it?

I used to collect rocks when I was little. I have a very great appreciation for nice rocks.

Also as I slime I can eat rocks haha

im good with fixing thing if you bring me want you want fixed ill can try to fix the item if it is within my skills
Unfortunately I am just a poor slime. I have nothing to offer you! :blob_teary:

If I spot something that is broken, I will come find you.

Alternatively, I could break something and then you could fix it? :blob_hide:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Um, is Karyl one of those mascot cats that is secretly able to talk and stuff??
Actually no, Karyl is --

"Merrow!"

Ah, nevermind about that. I wasn't about to say anything. I swear Karyl is a completely ordinary cat and has always been one. Right?

"Nyaaa~"

Jrdragoon15

:blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_drool:

So just to get the awkward question out of the way... why are you called a tree?

Were you made from a tree? Does that mean your tree is dead? Do you resent the person who chopped down your tree?

no i was born in a dungeon as a puppet monster and i gained what i can only say is a mind of my own. i didn't want to live the rest of my life in a dungeon so i left the dungeon and i named myself after the first think the i saw haha.

Jrdragoon15

as i walk in to the tavern i sent down at an empty table and pull out he tri-flower that i found in the forest i look over the m and tink if i coan make anything out of them the first think that comes to mind is a Un healing cream. but i dont even know how to make a healing cream at the moment so that out.
i think about what i know that i can make out of plans when i notice that this plant seams to have a lot more fibers structure to it to supports the flower heads and i think i could make some puppet sting. but that would be too small for any use to me. as i'm thanking a adventure walks by with a whip on her hips as a weapon and i think that would work. so i get down to business striping out the fibers of the plants and grind up the flower leaves into the fiber. i let that dry for a few min then i start to weave them together into a small string of rope like stuff then i we that into a small little whip only about 3 feet long and about a 2 mm thick. when i am don i clean up the table so i dont leave a mess and look at my new weapon
Poor poisonus short whip
dmg 1-3
sub effect:
this has a Chance to inflect a small poison status of 1 hp/2 secs that last 1 min dose not work on the same creature with in 20 mins

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
ooc : @ohko I think you shpuld advertise this on nuf. Rp at nuf is a graveyard right now and as such a lot of players are waiting for a rp to play.

kilnareth

Damn... after all that work of being careful with the herbs I don't even get a few more pieces of gold.

But it's better than nothing I guess...

Might as well order something good. Picking up those herbs all day made my back ache.

Reactions: GM

GM

Night Watch
Sponsor
: City of Scribel
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 1G

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(110 Exp))
Quest: Night Watch

Report:

Due to the suspicious activities happening within the city, I chose a less daunting task this time to grind my levels. It seemed that guarding the city at night would be a safe and uneventful endeavor.

I was wrong.

By the middle of the night, a veiled man came screaming at the gates. He was wearing ragged clothes so we assumed that he was a bandit. The other guard nocked their bows while I was chanting my fireball spell. However, his scream for help stopped us dead in our tracks.

Following protocol, we reported to the guard in chief who ordered the opening of the backdoor. We let the man in and he told us the craziest story ever. He said that their leader had found a large slime nest deep in the woods. Knowing how easy slimes were to kill and how valuable were their cores, they decided to farm them for some quick gold.

Throughout the whole day, they kept farming. They killed slimes by the hundreds if not thousands. They knew that they struck it rich. By the end of the day, tired but still very excited, they came back to their settlement and partied for a bit. They drank booze like there was no tomorrow and had fun with the girls. After the party, they just dropped dead on the floor, too tired to even go back to their sleeping rooms.

What they didn't expect was for the slimes that they have been farming for the whole day to follow them back to the settlement. Once the man woke up, Frank was his name, he found his comrades being eaten by the slimes. He whipped out his blade and started slashing at them, but the more he killed the more came. In the end, he just ran away while screaming for the others to wake up. However, everyone was too drunk to do anything.

Once Frank ran away to safety, he looked back at the settlement and was horrified. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of slimes had covered it from every angle. The thing was green. Some parts of the buildings started falling down from the acidity. In the end, he just turned around and ran with all his might towards the city.

We asked him why he, out of all of the bandits, was able to stay sober even after the party. He said that he wasn't feeling too well that night and didn't drink much. His breath confirmed his story.

I'm not sure how much of what he said holds up, but I think that the guild should send a scouting party. A horde of ten thousand slimes like this guy said is gonna be tough to handle for anyone.

PS: The chief guard sent Frank to the city prison for now
Oh! If what you said is true I gotta tell the guild master, I'ma just leave the reward here and you know the rest!!! *Rushes to tell @GM*
This is terrifying if true! I think we should post a quest to scout it out, just to confirm if the information is accurate. We can talk about further action after that!

That said... if it were true... what can you do with thousands of slimes? :blob_dizzy:

Hey Tavern people! Here’s a fun question for everyone!

How do you get rid of thousands of slimes when the majority of the guild is level 1?

Llamadragon

How much of that settlement still remains, is the question? Scout teams could be sent for survivors, but as for the settlement itself, at some point it might be cheaper to level it and re-build than attempt repairs.

... seriously though. Slimes are intelligent enough to identify and follow their killers now? Do they even have ways to identify people?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
How do you get rid of thousands of slimes when the majority of the guild is level 1?
Thousands...? You want us to eliminate thousands of monsters that can corrode us alive...?

I'm afraid I would not be of much assistance in this situation, my goddess does not condone the killing of innocent creatures... Even if they're as dangerous as a slime horde.
... seriously though. Slimes are intelligent enough to identify and follow their killers now? Do they even have ways to identify people?
It might be a mutant breed, or perhaps they are being controlled by someone.

I have never heard of such a big number of slimes gathering together in one location, so we must assume the worst.

Moshi

Left without any natural predators, it's easy for a huge number of slimes to form - they would only be limited by food. Remember, we are the invaders to this world; the slimes have been living and breeding here for most likely centuries.

Build a moat. I don't think slimes can swim.