Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

FlutterOfCrows

"Just your everyday tea-lover. Well?"

Vaulting over the countertop, Ellania settles down at the empty position where the bartender would usually be, still holding her cup. She hadn't spilled a drop despite it being rather full.

"It's a right mess out there, isn't it? So what brings you to this place when most people are fighting or hiding?"

". . . . ." Dust looking at her face closely for a moment, as his normally unassuming eyes from within his dark hood, shine with a dark blue hue, before returning to their normal shade of color. As Dust leans on his chair, apparently in thought. "I don't have the adequate skills necessary to handle most of what this disaster offers. and what I do have will simply leave me in deeper dung when all this is over." Now speaking in a soft, whisper-like voice, reminiscent of a timid person.

Bochi

". . . . ." Dust looking at her face closely for a moment, as his normally unassuming eyes from within his dark hood, shine with a dark blue hue, before returning to their normal shade of color. As Dust leans on his chair, apparently in thought. "I don't have the adequate skills necessary to handle most of what this disaster offers. and what I do have will simply leave me in deeper dung when all this is over." Now speaking in a soft, whisper-like voice, reminiscent of a timid person.
"Mhm. I see."

Sip.

"Maaa, the tea here ain't too bad either. I know poking around the counter for a bit wouldn't hurt. Maybe I should take a few cans with me so I don't have to pick the lock repeatedly~"

Sip.

"Fwah, so nice~"

Then she finally set the empty cup down.

"Whew. In that case, why not pick up new skills to deal with the lack? It's always good to have more, for you never quite know how it could come into handy someday."

FlutterOfCrows

"Mhm. I see."

Sip.

"Maaa, the tea here ain't too bad either. I know poking around the counter for a bit wouldn't hurt. Maybe I should take a few cans with me so I don't have to pick the lock repeatedly~"

Sip.

"Fwah, so nice~"

Then she finally set the empty cup down.

"Whew. In that case, why not pick up new skills to deal with the lack? It's always good to have more, for you never quite know how it could come into handy someday."

". . .I do not know if I have any options, that are accessible to me." Dust comments, in a squeaky, girlish voice, as he sighs in that same voice, as he take out some strange paper box, before appearing to eat it* "I can't take a skill of the divine, at least I don't think so. I don't have any innate talent in fighting on the frontlines, and though my training in magic is going well, I only know how to use rune's so far." His voice becoming a bit downtrodden and deeper at the end.

Bochi

". . .I do not know if I have any options, that are accessible to me." Dust comments, in a squeaky, girlish voice, as he sighs in that same voice, as he take out some strange paper box, before appearing to eat it* "I can't take a skill of the divine, at least I don't think so. I don't have any innate talent in fighting on the frontlines, and though my training in magic is going well, I only know how to use rune's so far." His voice becoming a bit downtrodden and deeper at the end.
"Maybe I'm just being in a depressive mood lately,...hmmm"
"Well, that's on you. If you don't pull yourself out of it no one else can. And with times being how they are now, I don't think anyone has the spare effort to try, either."

Ellania starts on brewing her second cup of tea, stirring the leaves gently and blowing on the surface of the hot water.

"You don't know until you try. And if it doesn't work out the first time, smack it until it does. The world's not kind to weaklings."

FlutterOfCrows

"Well, that's on you. If you don't pull yourself out of it no one else can. And with times being how they are now, I don't think anyone has the spare effort to try, either."

Ellania starts on brewing her second cup of tea, stirring the leaves gently and blowing on the surface of the hot water.

"You don't know until you try. And if it doesn't work out the first time, smack it until it does. The world's not kind to weaklings."
". . . .It might be I'm just trying to have a cake, and eat it too." Dust comments in a soft, but sharp tone, reminiscent of a servant. "I don't want to stand out, but I do not wish to stay in the current place of my new world either." As dust allows his eldritch presence to be unsuppressed, letting his control unravel like an unveiled curtain. Watching to see how the miss reacts, to his presence, expecting the usual hatred or disgust, or even just the fanatic zeal of the priest.

Bochi

". . . .It might be I'm just trying to have a cake, and eat it too." Dust comments in a soft, but sharp tone, reminiscent of a servant. "I don't want to stand out, but I do not wish to stay in the current place of my new world either." As dust allows his eldritch presence to be unsuppressed, letting his control unravel like an unveiled curtain. Watching to see how the miss reacts, to his presence, expecting the usual hatred or disgust, or even just the fanatic zeal of the priest.
"That's hardly a flaw now, is it? As one might have put it...Oho?"

Temporarily ignoring her tea, the Qliphat started to laugh loudly.

"Fufufu...hahaha! For one smacking of the foreign scent, you sure resemble a regular human! Fufufu
...and you say you have not the skills for this occasion? Regular mages would vomit blood at the mouth hearing that!"

Bochi

Back behind the counter in the still-quite-empty tavern a little while after the raid (there probably were still a bunch of slimes that needed mopping up, but that wasn't her job), Ellania was currently humming a little tune as she sliced a piece of bread into chunks and started working the butter. Then she added vegetables and meat, stuck them into skewers, and plated the batch.

And then she poured herself a cup of tea.

As for how she'd gotten her hands on the ingredients, they'd been...re-appropriated from the marketplace, but nobody else needed to know that.

"~"

In quite a good mood, Ellania started humming a little tune.

@Feathers95

Feathers95

Back behind the counter in the still-quite-empty tavern a little while after the raid (there probably were still a bunch of slimes that needed mopping up, but that wasn't her job), Ellania was currently humming a little tune as she sliced a piece of bread into chunks and started working the butter. Then she added vegetables and meat, stuck them into skewers, and plated the batch.

And then she poured herself a cup of tea.

As for how she'd gotten her hands on the ingredients, they'd been...re-appropriated from the marketplace, but nobody else needed to know that.

"~"

In quite a good mood, Ellania started humming a little tune.

@Feathers95
Weary from battle, though a little revitalized from the healing magic poured upon her by the kind priests at the temple, Felicia walked into the tavern alongside Sable for her usual relaxation period. The slide horde was virtually over, giving her a great sense of relief knowing that Scribel City had remained standing till the end. After requesting a coffee from one of the tavern waitresses with a smile, she looked around at the few adventurers currently occupying the premises.

Most of them were injured or had their own reasons for not contributing to the slime horde, which Felicia faintly noticed as she looked around. However, her interest was piqued as she recognized the figure behind the counter, who oddly enough, wasn't Pierre. She was humming a tune, which Felicia only faintly noticed as she approached the silver-haired maiden.

"Excuse me?" She asked curiously, trying to prompt her into turning around. "Ah, I just wanted to thank you for your help earlier, you really saved us out there. The stranded soldiers wanted me to give you their thanks as well." She smiled and bowed politely, bringing back her old noble habits again.

Bochi

Weary from battle, though a little revitalized from the healing magic poured upon her by the kind priests at the temple, Felicia walked into the tavern alongside Sable for her usual relaxation period. The slide horde was virtually over, giving her a great sense of relief knowing that Scribel City had remained standing till the end. After requesting a coffee from one of the tavern waitresses with a smile, she looked around at the few adventurers currently occupying the premises.

Most of them were injured or had their own reasons for not contributing to the slime horde, which Felicia faintly noticed as she looked around. However, her interest was piqued as she recognized the figure behind the counter, who oddly enough, wasn't Pierre. She was humming a tune, which Felicia only faintly noticed as she approached the silver-haired maiden.

"Excuse me?" She asked curiously, trying to prompt her into turning around. "Ah, I just wanted to thank you for your help earlier, you really saved us out there. The stranded soldiers wanted me to give you their thanks as well." She smiled and bowed politely, bringing back her old noble habits again.
"Fumu? Do I know---ah."

Surprised by being suddenly addressed, Ellania turned her body partway, just enough to catch a glimpse of Felicia with the corner of one eye. Somewhat recognizing the face, her glare softened a few notches, and she shrugged whilst turning back to continue preparing (but mostly eating) her food.

"Think nothing of it. I was just bored, anyway. Furthermore, it was inevitable."

Feathers95

"Fumu? Do I know---ah."

Surprised by being suddenly addressed, Ellania turned her body partway, just enough to catch a glimpse of Felicia with the corner of one eye. Somewhat recognizing the face, her glare softened a few notches, and she shrugged whilst turning back to continue preparing (but mostly eating) her food.

"Think nothing of it. I was just bored, anyway. Furthermore, it was inevitable."
'Just bored' Huh... Felicia thought silently to herself, having never been able to understand people who could take life so... lazily. As if it was something that could be discarded like rubbish in a trash can. But it was not her place to say, she knew nothing about the woman in front of her after all. It wasn't like she didn't notice the glare that softened after seeing her.

"Inevitable?" She inquired after a pondering pause, looking at the sandwich the adventurer was making. She silently realized she hadn't eaten all day, since she was battling almost the entire time.

Bochi

'Just bored' Huh... Felicia thought silently to herself, having never been able to understand people who could take life so... lazily. As if it was something that could be discarded like rubbish in a trash can. But it was not her place to say, she knew nothing about the woman in front of her after all. It wasn't like she didn't notice the glare that softened after seeing her.

"Inevitable?" She inquired after a pondering pause, looking at the sandwich the adventurer was making. She silently realized she hadn't eaten all day, since she was battling almost the entire time.
"Hai. When something is to be done, it is a task. When the task is to be completed regardless of who does it, it is inevitable. And if it is, I might as well do it since I have the free time and was passing by anyways. Noblesse oblige might say otherwise, but I don't care about that either so it's fine. Everything in life is a challenge."

Finishing her preparations, Ellania turned around holding the platter of sandwiches in one hand and the cup of tea in the other. She set the plate of sandwiches down in front of Felicia, said nothing else, and started eating. Whilst maintaining eye contact.

She was waiting to see if the girl would take a piece, even without her saying anything.

Feathers95

"Hai. When something is to be done, it is a task. When the task is to be completed regardless of who does it, it is inevitable. And if it is, I might as well do it since I have the free time and was passing by anyways. Noblesse oblige might say otherwise, but I don't care about that either so it's fine. Everything in life is a challenge."

Finishing her preparations, Ellania turned around holding the platter of sandwiches in one hand and the cup of tea in the other. She set the plate of sandwiches down in front of Felicia, said nothing else, and started eating. Whilst maintaining eye contact.

She was waiting to see if the girl would take a piece, even without her saying anything.
"Well, I don't think that task was inevitable. Afterall, if no one came to aid us in time, we might have been overwhelmed by slimes and died." Felicia commented idly with a smile. "I do agree with the idea that everything in life is a challenge though, and regardless of reason or motive, I still give you my thanks for helping us." She concluded whilst sipping her coffee, not tolerating any further rejection on the matter.

"Noblesse oblige huh, who would've thought I'd hear that phrase here." She smiled bitterly after muttering that under her breath, just as a plate of sandwiches suddenly appeared in front of her. Blinking a few times at the woman staring at her, she concluded that she just wanted a place to put down her sandwiches so that she could eat whilst talking, probably oblivious to the fact that she was low-key torturing Felicia since she herself was starving.

Politely, whilst hiding the discomfort she was feeling beneath a smile, she asked another question. "How's Scribel been treating you? Do you like it here? Well, at least before the whole slime raid happened." She pondered briefly, believing that the woman in front of her was a new face around here.

Bochi

"Well, I don't think that task was inevitable. Afterall, if no one came to aid us in time, we might have been overwhelmed by slimes and died." Felicia commented idly with a smile. "I do agree with the idea that everything in life is a challenge though, and regardless of reason or motive, I still give you my thanks for helping us." She concluded whilst sipping her coffee, not tolerating any further rejection on the matter.

"Noblesse oblige huh, who would've thought I'd hear that phrase here." She smiled bitterly after muttering that under her breath, just as a plate of sandwiches suddenly appeared in front of her. Blinking a few times at the woman staring at her, she concluded that she just wanted a place to put down her sandwiches so that she could eat whilst talking, probably oblivious to the fact that she was low-key torturing Felicia since she herself was starving.

Politely, whilst hiding the discomfort she was feeling beneath a smile, she asked another question. "How's Scribel been treating you? Do you like it here? Well, at least before the whole slime raid happened." She pondered briefly, believing that the woman in front of her was a new face around here.
"So you would insist on thanking me for a whim of mine...? Very well, I'll allow it."

Sipping from her teacup, the contented Qliphat observed with some amusement, noting that the girl had not reached out for a sandwich. But since she wasn't about to say anything, Ellania simply continued helping herself to the plate's contents.

"As for whether I like this place...hmm, who is to say? I might end up with a different opinion tomorrow. As for now, I'd have to say---"

The ghost of a smirk danced on her lips, and just as quickly it vanished.

"It's pretty boring."

Feathers95

"So you would insist on thanking me for a whim of mine...? Very well, I'll allow it."

Sipping from her teacup, the contented Qliphat observed with some amusement, noting that the girl had not reached out for a sandwich. But since she wasn't about to say anything, Ellania simply continued helping herself to the plate's contents.

"As for whether I like this place...hmm, who is to say? I might end up with a different opinion tomorrow. As for now, I'd have to say---"

The ghost of a smirk danced on her lips, and just as quickly it vanished.

"It's pretty boring."
Sipping from her coffee mug at regular intervals, drinking away her hunger temporarily, she casually avoided looking at the plate of food in front of her. She was once a noble, a princess, even. It wouldn't be right for her to request the food of a stranger.

"That is unfortunate to hear, may I ask, what exactly do you find not boring in your eyes?" She responded whilst swirling her coffee, not particularly bothered by the strangeness of the woman in front of her. She had already given her hints of her personality after all, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she found out that she only enjoyed playing with lives or something.

Something told her that the two of them were completely different in mind and that they would not find any common ground together. But Felicia thought it might be interesting to converse with someone so otherworldly, hence she decided to stay. She should really get some food though... it's unfortunate that the tavern's food is so bad that she can't just order something.

Bochi

Sipping from her coffee mug at regular intervals, drinking away her hunger temporarily, she casually avoided looking at the plate of food in front of her. She was once a noble, a princess, even. It wouldn't be right for her to request the food of a stranger.

"That is unfortunate to hear, may I ask, what exactly do you find not boring in your eyes?" She responded whilst swirling her coffee, not particularly bothered by the strangeness of the woman in front of her. She had already given her hints of her personality after all, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if she found out that she only enjoyed playing with lives or something.

Something told her that the two of them were completely different in mind and that they would not find any common ground together. But Felicia thought it might be interesting to converse with someone so otherworldly, hence she decided to stay. She should really get some food though... it's unfortunate that the tavern's food is so bad that she can't just order something.
"Mhm, let's see here...For starters, jumping off the edge of an exceptionally high mountain and pulling into a glide at the last possible moment is one of my favourite pastimes. Something like a really tough opponent would be a close second, and third would be killing mine own useless mother, I suppose."

Ellania smiled into her cup of tea, returning it to it's place on the counter. She then used two fingers to push the plate which still had two sandwiches on it closer towards Felicia...and picked up one of the them, popping it into her mouth and chewing slowly.

"They say that the tougher one's personal goals are to achieve, the more satisfaction one would derive from completing them. I intend to find out the truth of this matter."

Feathers95

"Mhm, let's see here...For starters, jumping off the edge of an exceptionally high mountain and pulling into a glide at the last possible moment is one of my favourite pastimes. Something like a really tough opponent would be a close second, and third would be killing mine own useless mother, I suppose."

Ellania smiled into her cup of tea, returning it to it's place on the counter. She then used two fingers to push the plate which still had two sandwiches on it closer towards Felicia...and picked up one of the them, popping it into her mouth and chewing slowly.

"They say that the tougher one's personal goals are to achieve, the more satisfaction one would derive from completing them. I intend to find out the truth of this matter."
"I see... I quite like the sound of the first two you described myself, though I must admit I haven't had a good spar in a while." Felicia responded calmly, watching the lady's expression with a vague smile. Noticing that she didn't seem to avoid talking about her mother, seemingly talking about her as if she was the most mundane topic in the world, she decided that it would be acceptable to ask about her.

"May I ask why exactly you deem your mother as useless? She did give birth to you did she not?" She inquired politely, ready to immediately divert the topic if her conversation partner showed signs of discomfort.

Noticing her pushing the plate towards her rather obviously, Felicia finally snapped and decided to ask about her intentions. "Are you... offering me a sandwich? If not, why did you push your plate towards me?" She interrogated, perhaps affected by her hangry mood.

"I quite like to believe that statement of yours is true, as it is something I personally agree with. Although, It would be wise to note that good goals should be long-term but not unattainable for a particular person." She smiled bitterly, wondering if she will ever achieve her goal of returning to her home world and enacting vengeance.

Bochi

"I see... I quite like the sound of the first two you described myself, though I must admit I haven't had a good spar in a while." Felicia responded calmly, watching the lady's expression with a vague smile. Noticing that she didn't seem to avoid talking about her mother, seemingly talking about her as if she was the most mundane topic in the world, she decided that it would be acceptable to ask about her.

"May I ask why exactly you deem your mother as useless? She did give birth to you did she not?" She inquired politely, ready to immediately divert the topic if her conversation partner showed signs of discomfort.

Noticing her pushing the plate towards her rather obviously, Felicia finally snapped and decided to ask about her intentions. "Are you... offering me a sandwich? If not, why did you push your plate towards me?" She interrogated, perhaps affected by her hangry mood.

"I quite like to believe that statement of yours is true, as it is something I personally agree with. Although, It would be wise to note that good goals should be long-term but not unattainable for a particular person." She smiled bitterly, wondering if she will ever achieve her goal of returning to her home world and enacting vengeance.
"Ha ha ha ha…"

A quiet, drawn out chuckle which soon escalated into a laughing fit, the Qliphat holding her sides in true mirth.

"Pffft...good question. Why exactly have I deemed mine own mother useless? She is stronger than me, that I am sure of, though that can be remedied. So why, indeed? It is not as if I have ever met her face-to-face yet. Ah, perhaps that's it. Perhaps I'm holding a grudge over the fact that she'd never once had the heart to look me in the eyes and apologised sincerely for that slight. Or perhaps there's no reason save my own nature---ahh, how abominable! To have her blood running through my veins, her breath in my lungs, my very existence tied to hers, and yet I am to kill her just as a butcher takes the cleaver to a pig! Ahahaha! How truly deplorable am I!"

Then she went back to her calm, tea-loving self, though her chest was still heaving from taking in deep breaths.

"Am I offering you a sandwich? Why not eat it first, and see? It'll be a good game; snatch it from me and it's yours. Sometimes in life you have no choice but to take by force. This single piece of sandwich is no exception."

Despite the smirk on her face and her posture with one arm supporting her head, her eyes were dead serious.

Last edited:

Feathers95

"Ha ha ha ha…"

A quiet, drawn out chuckle which soon escalated into a laughing fit, the Qliphat holding her sides in true mirth.

"Pffft...good question. Why exactly have I deemed mine own mother useless? She is stronger than me, that I am sure of, though that can be remedied. So why, indeed? It is not as if I have ever met her face-to-face yet. Ah, perhaps that's it. Perhaps I'm holding a grudge over the fact that she'd never once had the heart to look me in the eyes and apologised sincerely for that slight. Or perhaps there's no reason save my own nature---ahh, how abominable! To have her blood running through my veins, her breath in my lungs, my very existence tied to hers, and yet I am to kill her just as a butcher takes the cleaver to a pig! Ahahaha! How truly deplorable am I!"

Then she went back to her calm, tea-loving self, though her chest was still heaving from taking in deep breaths.

"Am I offering you a sandwich? Why not eat it first, and see? It'll be a good game; snatch it from me and it's yours. Sometimes in life you have no choice but to take by force. This single piece of sandwich is no exception."

Despite the smirk on her face, her eyes were dead serious.
Felicia watched silently but warily as the silver-haired woman descended into madness. She felt pity for the lady cast aside by her own mother, but also a sense of fear and wariness. She was strong, definitely stronger than Felicia at the very least. If the woman truly fell to madness because of her words, she would not be able to stop nor restrain her. Hence although she wanted to apologize for bringing the topic up, she decided to just pretend she hadn't heard anything at all and drop the matter.

Taking a final sip of her coffee, she silently moved on as the woman recovered herself.

Although Felicia would be fine not taking the sandwich at all, she felt it would be a good idea to appease the woman by playing her little game. Her words were somewhat true after all, if you did not have the power to take or keep something, don't expect it to become/remain yours.

Just as she opened her mouth to say something, Felicia suddenly materialized and aimed a thin dagger of ice towards the lady's chest, sending it flying at a rapid pace.

"Okay."

She finally spoke, as her arm darted out towards the sandwich.

Bochi

Felicia watched silently but warily as the silver-haired woman descended into madness. She felt pity for the lady cast aside by her own mother, but also a sense of fear and wariness. She was strong, definitely stronger than Felicia at the very least. If the woman truly fell to madness because of her words, she would not be able to stop nor restrain her. Hence although she wanted to apologize for bringing the topic up, she decided to just pretend she hadn't heard anything at all and drop the matter.

Taking a final sip of her coffee, she silently moved on as the woman recovered herself.

Although Felicia would be fine not taking the sandwich at all, she felt it would be a good idea to appease the woman by playing her little game. Her words were somewhat true after all, if you did not have the power to take or keep something, don't expect it to become/remain yours.

Just as she opened her mouth to say something, Felicia suddenly materialized and aimed a thin dagger of ice towards the lady's chest, sending it flying at a rapid pace.

"Okay."

She finally spoke, as her arm darted out towards the sandwich.
"Ufufu~"

Despite taking note of the speeding dagger, Ellania casually lifted two fingers and traced a straight line directly upwards, sending a purple spike to intercept it. The two projectiles collided and both shattered under the force. But that wasn't the only thing that she'd sent upwards---another purple construct jutted out from underneath the plate, sending it as well as the sandwich flying into the air.

Her other hand remained out of sight behind the counter, moving and doing something unseen even as the grinning Qliphat leaned forward.