Afraid of writting

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Fear. It may be the strongest emotion ever.

And what I mean is that it is what makes you strongest. Some may claim it is love, but no. A fool in love does nothing but enjoy his love. No, it is fear of losing his love that spurns him into action. It is someone one harming his love that drives him to hatred and action. It is when his love is lost that he feels envy and is spurned to action. It is when one is harmed by their love that they act out of spite.

No. Love is the emotion that launched a thousand other emotions, but it is not the strongest emotion. I claim the one that holds that title is FEAR.

Now, is this a bad thing?

Why do we feel fear? It serves an important purpose. We evolved to feel fear. Those with fear lived and those without died. But why? Why was it such a survival trait? Because it forces you to run away? No. No no no... don't be so pedantic. No. It is when we HARNESS our fear that it becomes the greatest of emotions.

We call this courage.

Now, there is another contender. We call it hate. Hate has it's place, but I find it weaker than fear. No... less... controllable. It is the weaklings emotion. Yes, easy to unleash, but hard to harness and difficult to control. It is not easily directed and when you accomplish your goal... well... how do you stop? It is a sledgehammer of emotion. It has it's place, but this is not for those who aspire to greatness.

Now fear... Oh... fear. So hard to master, it is, but when one does master it, it is like a scalpel. You can carefully control directed fear. It gets the adrenaline going like hate, but it doesn't have that blindness that comes with rage unleashed. Oh... fear. Fear has a target. It has a mission. It has a goal. When you apply it against that goal, you know EXACTLY what you need to do to end your fear. If you act in spite of your fear, you can gain its benefits. The increased strength, the immunity to pain, the speed of thought, you can run faster, jump higher, do anything while you are fueled by fear.

And when you finally succeed, when the object of your fear is dealt with... the fear is gone. No after affects like hate. Hate lingers, but fear? It is an obedient dog. Once you drag it out and force it to do your bidding, it will accomplish your goals then meekly crawl back to its den until you summon it forth again to serve your will.

Fear is power.

All you have to do is make it your BITCH.

lambenttyto

I fell both happy and sad in the same time.
Of course you're afraid to write, good heavens! You need to forget about all that crap. Readers, commenters, comments, all of it. Forget about it. Write for fun, and if you like it, surely someone else will. Read that book Writing Into the Dark. The writers speaks to what the reasons are for being afraid to write. I've read that book at least a dozen times. Whenever I'm a little insure of myself, I read it again. It really is one of the best books on writing out there, and the author doesn't really even talk about the nuts and bolts of writing. It's about writer's psychology and why we have these issues and how to deal with them.

MisterSyafiq

Of course you're afraid to write, good heavens! You need to forget about all that crap. Readers, commenters, comments, all of it. Forget about it. Write for fun, and if you like it, surely someone else will. Read that book Writing Into the Dark. The writers speaks to what the reasons are for being afraid to write. I've read that book at least a dozen times. Whenever I'm a little insure of myself, I read it again. It really is one of the best books on writing out there, and the author doesn't really even talk about the nuts and bolts of writing. It's about writer's psychology and why we have these issues and how to deal with them.
Easy to talk, challenging to do...xD
If only I have that convidence of yours..

lambenttyto

If only I have that convidence of yours..
It took me years. The only thing that broke me out of the rut was the book I mentioned. There's some other books too, such as Killing the Top Ten Cows of Publishing, and then The Pursuit of Perfection and Why it Harms Writers.

I'm telling you, you need to read those three books, religiously, and repeat read them. They will change you.

MisterSyafiq

It took me years. The only thing that broke me out of the rut was the book I mentioned. There's some other books too, such as Killing the Top Ten Cows of Publishing, and then The Pursuit of Perfection and Why it Harms Writers.

I'm telling you, you need to read those three books, religiously, and repeat read them. They will change you.
I Will consider reading those! Thx!