African Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKnightWithaKnife

Don’t take this as racism but why do so many of them genralize Africa? Don’t they realize that the are different races even though our skin is the same? Also what’s the deal with them and slavery repercussions ? did they not learn of the slave trade in school ?

nosinkarma

Mostly out of ignorance and obvious uninterest in knowing any deeper, if I see a Asian guy I'll just perceive him as Asian, I don't think I am gonna go and find if he is a Chinese or Korean or Japanese.
Don't take it as apathy though. This only apply when you talk in general.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Don’t take this as racism but why do so many of them genralize Africa? Don’t they realize that the are different races even though our skin is the same? Also what’s the deal with them and slavery repercussions ? did they not learn of the slave trade in school ?
Yeah no one cares about y'alls "different races"....you are african. Same with asians. Dont expect us to learn the differences between the Taiwanese, Chinese, japanese and Koreans....yall asian to the rest of us, mate

Macrendil-Ysmir

Read an interesting story on (I think) The Guardian a while back. A woman from Sierra Leone grew up reading good o'l Tolkien, CS Lewis and Harry Potter and went to university before moving to America. When she lived there she was apparently expected to be wholly infuriated, disdainful, hurt whatever else by 'our history of slavery'. 'Our' being (African) Americans. Which she isn't. She described it as a form of indoctrination that African Americans continuously push themselves into a victimsed role when they shouldnt be anymore. She now writes fantasy stories based on a multitude of African mythologies and got published, which is how she got on the Guardian.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
the fact is racism shouldn't even exist since races are just people optimized to live in a certain environment. technically since the advent of technology races will eventually all become one standard people. some believe it will be a brazilian esque type human and that will come in the next couple centuries. since technology can protect us from the environment racial features will get softer and more blended.

JayDirex

(Afro-Latino-American here)

Through-out U.S. history Black folk have had to contend with a lot of BS names. Colored, Negro, Black, etc. "African-American" is just an acceptable euphemism, because, in America, you HAVE to be categorized by race.

So your question is a question for AMERICA, not to black folk.
Read an interesting story on (I think) The Guardian a while back. A woman from Sierra Leone grew up reading good o'l Tolkien, CS Lewis and Harry Potter and went to university before moving to America. When she lived there she was apparently expected to be wholly infuriated, disdainful, hurt whatever else by 'our history of slavery'. 'Our' being (African) Americans. Which she isn't. She described it as a form of indoctrination that African Americans continuously push themselves into a victimsed role when they shouldnt be anymore. She now writes fantasy stories based on a multitude of African mythologies and got published, which is how she got on the Guardian.
Just because that woman has no history of American racism does not mean it does not exist. You should check yourself before using ONE PERSON'S story who was NOT BORN IN AMERICA. who then decides to dismiss the clearly institutionalized racism of the U.S.

in other words, just because you haven't experienced it, in ALL OF ITS DOCUMENTED BRUTALITY does not mean it doesn't exist.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
What is your point? That all of Africa is treated equally?

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Without getting political or anything, racism is only made in a country where many races come together and formed a community. Just that America is to 'Free' that they ended up invented Racism just because of the difference of color or other racial differences but in truth, we are just primates with intelligence.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
Without getting political or anything, racism is only made in a country where many races come together and formed a community. Just that America is to 'Free' that they ended up invented Racism just because of the difference of color or other racial differences but in truth, we are just primates with intelligence.
What do you mean? ''racism'' was invented by the reds in postwar russia.

Poleg

What is your point? That all of Africa is treated equally?
Some retards think for whatever reasom that Africa is one place, I guess?

Same bruh this thread really shld be closed people just not gonna stop otherwise
This, if I wanted to talk about politics I would go to /pol/ or /int/. This website shouldn't be about politics.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
What do you mean? ''racism'' was invented by the reds in postwar russia.
I kinda search and it was invented by america at the time the americans were hunting down indians I believe if I guess it right. I'm not good at history stuff but it does stem out that it was made there because at that time the americans who wanted the land had to fight off the natives there and ended up inventing racism purely to segregate the two races(invaders and the natives).

Poleg

I kinda search and it was invented by america at the time the americans were hunting down indians I believe if I guess it right. I'm not good at history stuff but it does stem out that it was made there because at that time the americans who wanted the land had to fight off the natives there and ended up inventing racism purely to segregate the two races(invaders and the natives).
please use '','' If not I can only guess what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.