Age issue

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
it's fiction, as long as it's not completely horrendous do what you want. I have a pair - one's just 18, the other 28.

as for the old Medieval 'without issues' thing - yeah, no issues for the old goat maybe, or for the other old goats and goatesses arranging that shit. For the poor girl, yeah, lots of issues I'd imagine. Including not being able to bone the man she really wanted. Consent wasn't a thing in marriage then. (until appallingly recently marital rape was legal).

But you'd have to wonder what an immortal could possibly see in a mortal who's only lived a fraction of the immortal's lifespan. Sex and a minor diversion, sure. Long term, that mortal might well have to level up pretty damn fast to remain interesting. If I were immortal I wouldn't be saddling myself with just one person either. Life's too long for just one partner...

Kenjona

I'm referring to Western European medieval society in general.
In that case, my statement is even more on point. Western Civilization had societal/family/tribal rules in place for how to treat women and children in various forms since at least the Greek Classical age.
It was somewhere around the Roman times that such things became codified in Western European laws instead of being a family/village/tribe matter.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
The age of consent is a feminist construct.
True. I think, by reading histories, people only became aware of the concept of 'consent' and 'individuality' when the study of Psychology flourished.

Before children and women were treated as expendables and commodities. Sad but did happen.
They weren't treated as expendable or commodities. But they were property, which is based.

D

Deleted member 54065

In that case, my statement is even more on point. Western Civilization had societal/family/tribal rules in place for how to treat women and children in various forms since at least the Greek Classical age.
It was somewhere around the Roman times that such things became codified in Western European laws instead of being a family/village/tribe matter.
Medieval. I said medieval.

Western European medieval society.

And I'm aware of your points. In fact, chivalry codes emphasize proper treatment of the weak/weaker sex (they mean women). I'm just saying that the treatment is generally along those lines I said before; they marry off their girls for political connections (especially dynasts) and for territorial ambitions as well, so they're like a commodity.

For short, I don't care about societal rules for this group of people or nation; I'm not talking about that. I'm just pointing out that they are treated like commodity and expendables before. It's as simple as that.

The age of consent is a feminist construct.

They weren't treated as expendable
Child labor.

or commodities.
Marrying off daughters to powerful houses for political convenience or for the dowries (especially the poor noble families).

But they were property, which is based.
I guess my wording is wrong then.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
On one hand, I couldn't care less. It's an arbitrary number put onto someone that doesn't exist. Lolis might have their separate category of discussion, but when someone shows a fan art of Rei Ayanami with F cup busts and an hourglass figure and someone goes "bro she's 14 💀" my instincts would go "why would you assume someone who looks like that to be 14?"

Art is such a subjective field that applying real-world visual standards, especially numerical ones, is counterintuitive and ends up as perspective slap fights most of the time.

On the other hand, though:

I gotta ask why mangakas keep drawing banger looking chicks and then slap a "she's 16" on the title.

i feel like we've been questioning the wrong side of the fence all this while

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Medieval. I said medieval.

Western European medieval society.

And I'm aware of your points. In fact, chivalry codes emphasize proper treatment of the weak/weaker sex (they mean women). I'm just saying that the treatment is generally along those lines I said before; they marry off their girls for political connections (especially dynasts) and for territorial ambitions as well, so they're like a commodity.

For short, I don't care about societal rules for this group of people or nation; I'm not talking about that. I'm just pointing out that they are treated like commodity and expendables before. It's as simple as that.

Child labor.

Marrying off daughters to powerful houses for political convenience or for the dowries (especially the poor noble families).

I guess my wording is wrong then.
Child labor was basically necessary in an agrarian society. They weren't treated as expendable until the industrial revolution, when birthrates soared while infant mortality shrunk.

D

Deleted member 54065

Child labor was basically necessary in an agrarian society. They weren't treated as expendable until the industrial revolution, when birthrates soared while infant mortality shrunk.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, my good based man!

So I was in the loo when I had this question to ask the SHFfians about, what is the boundary of age between a couple?

First scenario from an old CN xianxia I read, that made me ask this question, happens between a male MC (aged 14~16) and his female teacher (aged 28). During the time when they are mortal, ie life expectancy to be at 100, shipping the two of them feels wrong. Fast forward 200 years with the both of them reaching some BS cultivation level where their life expectancy is at 1000, the female teacher now expresses interest to MC, citing that both of them, by their new lifespan, is in their early twenties and they should bone.

So the first question is, is her reasoning correct?

Second scenario featuring a 500 yo legal shota, whose race's life expectancy is 10,000, and a 30 yo normie human OL, the question I want to ask is, whose scale of age should we be using? Also, assuming that the maturity is scaled with life expectancy, meaning that the shota has a mental capacity of a standard five yo, how screwed up is the scenario?
As a female of 38 and on the dating market, the rule is simple if both Adults: can't be seven years younger or seven years older (this is the norm).
To keep it safe, I would play the male OC with 18 years at his last year of High-school ( maybe he repeated the year, or his birthday is at the beginning of the year)
So if he plays 18, a 25-year-old teacher would be acceptable.
And would hurt much the most sensitive on age role-play.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
As a female of 38 and on the dating market, the rule is simple if both Adults: can't be seven years younger or seven years older (this is the norm).
To keep it safe, I would play the male OC with 18 years at his last year of High-school ( maybe he repeated the year, or his birthday is at the beginning of the year)
Older woman with a younger guy relationships are disgusting.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I was writing a romance story with an immortal character before I hiatus’d it into the shadow realm. I think as long as you are tasteful about it no one’s going to ask questions. No one really questioned anything about the twilight series.

Kassel

Wow. Your old enough to be my mom.
BCCC1B7D-A775-46AD-9233-1279BFD4242A.gif

In the story I'm writing life span is definitely going to play a part in how others see other races. Dragon Variants, humans with a little bit of dragon anatomy in the form of scales have a normal life span of around 800-1000, depending on external variables. So some tend to look down on elderly humans when they think they're wiser because they're biologically older. I haven't touched on it yet, because none of the characters have actually met anyone in the 100's of years old.