Adventurer's Guild [AGFS] Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga - Monster Thread

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
- | Registration | Guild Thread | Monster Thread | Mini-Game | OOC Room | -
Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga - Monster Thread
+ + +

Introduction

Monsters, pests, beasts. Humans use many ugly words to describe creatures that appear to be barbaric or uncivilized.​
However, a goblin still has family, friends, language, community, and loved ones.​
Who is it to say that a slime can't think? Or that a tree can't feel?​
You can use this thread for freestyle RP, quest logs, or anything related to monster characters.​

Rules
  • If you are replying to another player or a quest, quote the post.
  • Make sure to include the title, setting, and characters involved in each post.
  • Posts that are marked (OPEN) mean that anyone can reply.
  • Please do not "powerplay" or "godmode" -- which means controlling someone else's character.

Last edited:

AG_Newsletter

Quest Board
Feel free to log into @AG_Newsletter (password: SkyArchipelago) to update or add things to the Quest Board.

Quest D01: Investigate the Village (sponsor: Monster Chieftan)
Those evil foreigners... deadly... dangerous... must watch carefully...
- Spy on the human village and report on any developments.
Reward: Variable

Quest D02: Find the Girlfriend (sponcer: Pathu, the farmer.)
So I am hearing about this new trend going on which is like having a wife but you can leave her when it gets annoying? what thats all about?

- Find me this person my friends call "Girlfriend"
Reward: A cheese wheel

Quest D03: Cov'rt Action (sponsor: Gorf)
D'nial of re-sources. Tha's what the bunnies call it. Take the things the invader needs, or destruy 'em if you can't take 'em.
- Steal, harvest or destroy local resources to stop the humans from building their village. Avoid open conflict until the scouts give their reports, however.
Reward: Variable, plus whatever you take is yours.

Quest D04: Save the Saplings (sponsor: Fauna the Kirin)
Deforestation is horrible! Dryad saplings are almost indistinguishable from regular tree saplings, and they're in terrible risk of being chopped down by human woodcutters. Save them before they're turned into firewood!
- Identify the dryad saplings and save them from deforestation.
Reward: 3x dryad branches

Quest D05: House Hunting (sponsor: Daniel Revenant)
Hi, new here in the area and would appreciate some help in finding a place to stay. Preferably one for humanoids.
- Help the poster find a place to call home.
Reward: 1 kg of smoked boar

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Quest Board
Feel free to log into @AG_Newsletter (password: SkyArchipelago) to update or add things to the Quest Board.

Quest D01: Investigate the Village (sponsor: Monster Chieftan)
Those evil foreigners... deadly... dangerous... must watch carefully...
- Spy on the human village and report on any developments.
Reward: Variable
i shall take this quest!

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Monsters, pests, beasts. Humans use many ugly words to describe creatures that appear to be barbaric or uncivilized.However, a goblin still has family, friends, language, community, and loved ones.Who is it to say that a slime can't think? Or that a tree can't feel?
Who is to say that's why I kill them?
They're profitable. Or in the way.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Solo - Aan

The sun-soaked plains were now far behind Aan, and the welcome shade of the trees enclosed her. It had been a long, long time since she'd been to this region. Things had changed, though not too significantly. The leaves on the trees were a different color, and the forest just a little larger... But the river flowed along the same path, and that was a surer guide than most she could have followed.

At the end of this river was another river. And at the junction of that river and the next, she would find an old sanctuary. Such places were common, built by one of the more sophisticated monster clans long before her time. Many, like this one, had been overtaken by other forces and abandoned over the years. This particular location was close to her objective, and so she would visit it.

She landed deftly on a tree branch, letting her wings rest from the long flight. Below, she could see various animals doing their animal things. Some reacted to her presence defensively, others hid, and still others ignored her. Any response was fine. She watched it all, looking for new creatures to study. Nothing here was worth mimicking, but their behaviors were infinitely entertaining.

After a time, she let her metallic wings spread with a clinking sound, and took off once more. The creature she was mimicking now was a large type of swallow with feathers both hard and sharp. It was not the fastest form she could take, but it was far more likely to survive a surprise attack. A necessity in unfamiliar territory.

Her journey continued, well beyond evening and into the night. The forest was more dangerous at night, but she stuck to the shadows and avoided all conflict. The journey had already lasted nearly a week, and there were days still to her objective. Getting bogged down by an injury at this point would be infuriating.

Dawn came and went, and she picked up her speed again. Until at last she found her destination, built into the side of a mountain and shining under the midday sun.

The place was heavily overgrown, but the hint of warm colors through the foliage exposed clay brick structures. Despite the size of the stronghold, it was difficult to see it as anything other than a forested mountain. By intention, Aan knew.

The current occupants seemed to be a diverse bunch, which was unusual in Aan's experience. Not unheard of, though. It had the potential to be a problem for her, if the leader was the forceful type. But either way, it was sure to be interesting.

Aan chose the form of a dark green panther to continue her journey. A heady feeling of anticipation only served to lighten her naturally silent steps...

466 Words

Last edited:

luxia

Quest D04: Save the Saplings (sponsor: Fauna the Kirin)
Deforestation is horrible! Dryad saplings are almost indistinguishable from regular tree saplings, and they're in terrible risk of being chopped down by human woodcutters. Save them before they're turned into firewood!
- Identify the dryad saplings and save them from deforestation.
Reward: 3x dryad branches

Quest Report (Part 1 / Incomplete) - Lariel

Normally, Lariel the dryad didn't care very much about the monkeys.

Monkeys were sort of like insects. They swung on tree branches and ate fruit and seeds, but for the most part they were harmless. Monkeys had too short of a lifespan for most dryads to care about, so it's very understandable for a tree to completely overlook them. In Lariel's world, all mosquitos were practically indistinguishable, and likewise Lariel would struggle very hard if you asked him to tell apart an orangutang, a gorilla, and a homo sapien.

...Weren't they all just... monkeys?

They all kind of looked similar anyways.

Actually, Lariel was quite convinced that humans were just a breed of gorilla.

For this reason, you must understand that Lariel didn't think very much of the rumors that humans had arrived on the eastern edge of the Monster Continent. Since they were just monkeys, you might as well have told Lariel that a large troop of gorillas washed ashore at the edge of the sea. Weird incidents happened every now and then, and it was certainly interesting enough for the birds to gossip about (eww, birds -- they gossiped about everything). However, Lariel was generally too busy photosynthesizing to really care about a bunch of a monkeys.

Until... of course... a goblin told Lariel that Fauna the Kirin had declared an emergency.

Huh?

An emergency?

Allegedly, these monkeys were very nasty, brutish, and short.

Allegedly, these monkeys liked to bludgeon slimes with sticks and then swallow slime-rocks whole.

Allegedly, these monkeys were barbarians who set their mortal enemies on fire and ate the charred remnants of their blackened flesh.

Allegedly, these monkeys were sociopaths that heartlessly trampled on helpless baby saplings in the forest.

There were countless allegations spinning around the forest, and Lariel couldn't keep track of all of the horrible rumors that were circulating. In the 44-year-old dryad's opinion, some of the accusations sounded unbelievable, and Lariel simply couldn't believe that there was such terrible thing as a mutant carnivorous slime-eating monkeys that would set their prey on fire. It sounded rather nightmarish, and Lariel would prefer to never encounter such a frightening mutated creature.

However, Lariel could not ignore the Kirin's call.

If it was indeed true — Lariel felt a compelling need to save the saplings.

After all, Lariel was a dryad too. It was only a few decades ago that Lariel was an innocent sapling himself, unable to uproot himself or escape from horrible beings that threaten the balance of nature itself. Nobody would protect the saplings unless Lariel stood up for them, and it was the duty of those privileged with shape-shifting legs to protect the vulnerable flora of the forest they call home.

Word count: 455​

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
OPEN

Human village, human village, what does the human village have for me today~?

Is there pie? Is there pie? Stella smells no pie~

Are there cookies? Are there cookies? Stella smells no cookies~

No pie... No cookies... Sneaky stealthy Stella. Humans shout when they see Stella, so sneaky and stealthy, we fly through the village~

Oh... What is that? Is that... A book? That looks like a book! More pretty pictures! Stella wants to see pretty pictures!

No humans to the left~
No humans to the right~

Stella will then, sneakily fly~

And from behind the human with the book we find~~~

... No pretty images were found.

"... Hey, where are the images?"
Word Count: 112​

luxia

OPEN

Human village, human village, what does the human village have for me today~?

Is there pie? Is there pie? Stella smells no pie~

Are there cookies? Are there cookies? Stella smells no cookies~

No pie... No cookies... Sneaky stealthy Stella. Humans shout when they see Stella, so sneaky and stealthy, we fly through the village~

Oh... What is that? Is that... A book? That looks like a book! More pretty pictures! Stella wants to see pretty pictures!

No humans to the left~
No humans to the right~

Stella will then, sneakily fly~

And from behind the human with the book we find~~~

... No pretty images were found.

"... Hey, where are the images?"
Word Count: 112​
Nara had her face dunked the river.

It was somewhat like she was an ostrich — except instead of her head buried in the sand, it was under water.

Certainly, it was a very odd look, but Nara wasn't the type of person to have that kind of common-sense self-awareness. Rather, Nara was a much more of a pragmatic person, and if she set her mind on some kind of ultimate objective, she generally pursued the solution in the most straightforward way even if it was weird or bizarre.

As for what Nara was doing...

Well, the 「Comprehensive Field Guide to Magical Plants and Flora」 that she borrowed from from the guild receptionist mentioned a plant suspiciously similar to so-called elusive "Healing Herb" (darn that quest). Moreover, it was actually an aquatic plant that grew underwater (in the shade) and its roots could glow with a pinkish hue if exposed to magic.

Nara couldn't swim (she was sort of afraid of the water), so instead of wading into the river normally, she perched herself on the riverbank and attempted to go fishing for aquatic herbs by using an unusual upside-down fishing tactic.

For whatever reason, the field guide had no illustrations, and everything was described in words, so Nara resurfaced a couple seconds later, shivering and wiping away the water that stung her eyes. There were several different types of aquatic plants in a rocky alcove shaded from the sun, and Nara needed to double check with the manual to make sure that she found the right one.

"...Hey, where are the images?" A mysterious voice said.

"Yeah... it's annoying there aren't pictures... :(" Nara replied reflexively with a tinge of despair.

She was too self-absorbed (and completely drenched) to realize that a monster was talking to her.

It was written in the book that the herb had a branched root with a black tip... as well as several paragraphs of other descriptive language... which would be a huge pain to identify given the fact that there were many plants that could fit this description. At this rate, Nara felt like she was going to freeze if she had to keep fishing at the river for another hour or two.

Word count: 370​

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Nara had her face dunked the river.

It was somewhat like she was an ostrich — except instead of her head buried in the sand, it was under water.

Certainly, it was a very odd look, but Nara wasn't the type of person to have that kind of common-sense self-awareness. Rather, Nara was a much more of a pragmatic person, and if she set her mind on some kind of ultimate objective, she generally pursued the solution in the most straightforward way even if it was weird or bizarre.

As for what Nara was doing...

Well, the 「Comprehensive Field Guide to Magical Plants and Flora」 that she borrowed from from the guild receptionist mentioned a plant suspiciously similar to so-called elusive "Healing Herb" (darn that quest). Moreover, it was actually an aquatic plant that grew underwater (in the shade) and its roots could glow with a pinkish hue if exposed to magic.

Nara couldn't swim (she was sort of afraid of the water), so instead of wading into the river normally, she perched herself on the riverbank and attempted to go fishing for aquatic herbs by using an unusual upside-down fishing tactic.

For whatever reason, the field guide had no illustrations, and everything was described in words, so Nara resurfaced a couple seconds later, shivering and wiping away the water that stung her eyes. There were several different types of aquatic plants in a rocky alcove shaded from the sun, and Nara needed to double check with the manual to make sure that she found the right one.

"...Hey, where are the images?" A mysterious voice said.

"Yeah... it's annoying there aren't pictures... :(" Nara replied reflexively with a tinge of despair.

She was too self-absorbed (and completely drenched) to realize that a monster was talking to her.

It was written in the book that the herb had a branched root with a black tip... as well as several paragraphs of other descriptive language... which would be a huge pain to identify given the fact that there were many plants that could fit this description. At this rate, Nara felt like she was going to freeze if she had to keep fishing at the river for another hour or two.

Word count: 370​
"Yes! Yes! Really anowying! Why don't you read a book with pictures in it instead of one without!?

"... What is anowying anyways?

"... Hey.

"... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

"... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!" I started shaking the human's shoulder.

"Stella wants a book! A book with pretty pictures! Get Stella a book! A book!"
Word Count: 46​

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
"Yes! Yes! Really anowying! Why don't you read a book with pictures in it instead of one without!?

"... What is anowying anyways?

"... Hey.

"... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

"... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!" I started shaking the human's shoulder.

"Stella wants a book! A book with pretty pictures! Get Stella a book! A book!"
Word Count: 46​
I was walking through the village with my hood up, hoping no one would notice me as walked away with about a kg of smoked pork I need to issue a quest to the monsters for. I need help finding a place to stay as the last few night "camping" had been rough for me. Not that I could stay in the village, They had marked me down as an undead and tried to kill me quite a few times already, so the option of staying with them was out. Even after they failed to turn undead me, they still don't believe I'm human and think I've gained resistance to it. This is why the empire sucks, honestly my Kingdom would have gone to war with them already if they weren't so far away.

Anyways walking down the river I saw the one of the weirdest things in my life, a 2-feet tall pixie shouting at at a young looking white haired kid while she look like she's fishing except she's playing the part of the rod, the line and the hook all at once. Unable to stand the sight I burst into laughter as my body begins its skeletal glow, making me look like an undead, Thunder coincidentally struck at that moment making the scene a lot more ominous than it had to.

Word count: 224​

Last edited: