Adventurer's Guild [AGFS] Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga - Registration

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
- | Registration | Guild Thread | Monster Thread | Mini-Game | OOC Room | -
Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga - Registration
+ + +

Introduction

Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild (SHF ver. 3)! This is a generic fantasy roleplaying game adopted from NUF.

The setting is a frontier region thousands of miles away from the nearest human civilization. This is a wilderness populated by many generic fantasy races, monsters, and species (i.e. goblins, slimes, orcs). The Adventurer's Guild has been dispatched by the Great Central Empire under the orders of the Immortal Tzar to establish a colony on the monster continent.

The Empire is especially interested in securing a supply of magical monster cores, which drop from slain monsters such as slimes. Adventurers will be paid in cash for every monster core deposited and sold at the guild.

However, the local monster population isn't so thrilled to see this hostile outpost that suddenly appeared overnight...

How This Works

You can participate in the roleplaying game by creating a character either in the Guild Faction or the Monster Faction.

Once you have created a character, you can go to your faction's thread and (A) write a story normally, (B) roleplay with others, or (C) take quests. Remember to keep track of your total word count as your play!

Registration Form

To participate in the Adventurer's Guild, please fill out the registration form:
  • Name:
  • Appearance:
  • Personality:
  • Backstory:
We generally allow almost any kind of character as long as they don't break our rules.

Rules
  • Don't break the setting.
    • Refer to the mini-game thread for a general idea of the village setting. Roleplaying should stay consistent with the mini-game.
    • Don't introduce drastic changes that will permanently change the entire world (i.e. start the Industrial Revolution). While big plot developments or wars sprawling across multiple continents are fine, there must be a reason why it wouldn't affect the Village or the rest of the world. This setting is shared by many people, so the entire world can't suddenly plunge into an Ice Age or nuclear holocaust.
  • Try your best not to break other player's stories.
    • If you're unsure about something, it's okay to ask!
    • Smaller isolated developments are always safer than big ones.
  • World-building must be additive and unrestrictive. You must leave room for other players to add more in the future.
    • Good: Fruys is a dragon that lives in Tonyia
    • Bad: Fruys is the only dragon that lives in Tonyia
  • No omniscient characters who know everything.
    • Please understand that your character could be wrong about the things that they report.
    • We generally resolve conflicts in canon by majority rule, and everyone who deviates from the majority we typically say was "mistaken".
    • For example, if ten people say that the mountain is five miles away, and one person says it's a fifty miles away, we would say that the oddball somehow got "confused" about the distances. Or maybe they were drunk. Or eating mushrooms and day-dreaming.
  • Don't be mean to others. Be nice and polite!
  • Please include a link to your character profile in your forum signature.

Next Steps

After you've created a character, check out the faction threads!

This is a free-form roleplay, so be flexible! Be creative!

Try to play along and build upon the things that other players do!

Last edited:

AG_Newsletter

The Setting

Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga (AGFS) takes place in a location known as the "Monster Continent". It is halfway across the world, and it is completely isolated from any major nation, kingdom, or country. It takes at least two months to travel here by ship, so it is absurdly far away from anything noteworthy.

The Monster Continent is known to have many valuable resources™, but previous attempts to colonize the continent have been unsuccessful. Obviously, there are many hostile monsters in the monster continent.

This continent is largely unexplored. However, it is believed to be enormous (roughly the size of Africa), including mountains, deserts, lakes, river, jungle, etc. It has many biomes and countless species of magical creatures. The area around the Village has a temperate climate and is populated by many monster species that would be found in generic medieval-fantasy settings (i.e. slimes, goblins, horned rabbits, wargs).

The Village is located next to a river called the Union River, which empties into the ocean in the east. Towards the west, there are many smaller rivers that come from many directions and merge into the Union River.

Monster Tribes

There are dozens if not hundreds of local monster tribes.

Generally speaking, the local monster tribes are not on a friendly basis with each other. Each group of monsters is its own entity and may have its own language/culture. Most monsters are not fluent in the human language, but it may be possible for some monsters to learn it.

The Great Central Empire

The Village is a colony of the Grand Central Empire, which is ruled by the Immortal Tzar. The Empire has a culture and legal system that is similar to a typical medieval fantasy kingdom. Humans are the dominant race, but other species (i.e. elves, dwarves, orcs) can still become citizens of the empire if they apply for a citizenship card. Species that are unable to speak or write in the human language are generally unable to become citizens.

Citizens are expected to pay taxes and follow the empire's laws. Citizens of all species are treated equally under the law, but the empire's laws favor humans in the sense that most laws were created to suit human needs (i.e. foods poisonous to humans are illegal to sell in restaurants, but foods poisonous for dryads are totally legal in restaurants).

Non-human non-citizens are generally considered "monsters" and can be freely killed, hunted, or exploited.

The most prevalent form of magic in the Great Central Empire makes use of magic crystals, which are refined from monster cores. Magic crystals are widespread in human civilization, and they are the primary form of "technology" used to power appliances (i.e. refrigerators). While there are other forms of magic, they are less common and poorly understood in the empire.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Note: feel free to make your registration card in any way that you prefer

Name: Mizua Euklei
Faction: Guild/Village
Race: Human
Class: Adventurer (Former Imperial Knight)

Appearance:

...Are you staring at me? Rude.

Personality:

Let me just say outright that I probably won't remember your name or your face. Please don't take it personally. I'm good with the sword, and I can work together with my colleagues just fine, but don't expect me to socialize or make friends (ew). I suppose all of us have our own reasons for coming out here to the middle of nowhere, and I won't pry into your affairs. Likewise, I hope you can keep your nose out of my business.
I'm a former imperial knight, so I won't turn down anyone who asks for help. I swore an oath to protect all the people around me, and I'll fight as your shield even if it costs me an arm and a leg.
But let's just be clear that I'm not your friend.

Backstory:

Fine. You *really* want to know why I'm here?
My idiot husband ran off and transformed into a man-eating dragon.
Obviously, that's unforgivable, so I traced him all the way out here to the Monster Continent.
As the person who loves him most, I can't rest until I've finally killed him.

Last edited:

Plus1

• Name: Jimmy
  • Race: Half-human
  • Faction: Guild/Village
  • Appearance:
    • Clocking in at over 2 meters--or 7 foot--tall, his body looks strange, malformed, as if he suffered from severe birth defects. A too-small head with a pronounced forehead and jutting jaw, one disproportionally large arm and hand, and uneven-length legs, among other traits, have ensured that all throughout his life he was the result of mockery and disdain, even if Jimmy himself was oblivious to most of it.
  • Personality:
    • Jimmy still somewhat possesses the mindset of a child, more preoccupied with having fun and avoiding boredom than actually being productive. He is innocent and eternally curious, and oblivious to both the subtleties of society and the dangers of the wild. He can learn from his mistakes, but only if they have direct, palpable consequences.
  • Backstory:
    • Not much is known about him. He arrived at the boat minutes before departure, wearing nothing but rags and saying that he was told he would be useful where they were going. During the voyage, he nearly broke through the boat's shell or splintered the deck several times out of boredom. He revealed that he never knew his parents, but little else.

Last edited:

luxia

Name: Lariel
Race: Dryad
Faction: Monster
Appearance: Can shapeshift freely, but he is flammable (due to being a tree). His true form is that of a maple tree.
Personality: Cinnabun. Wants to be friends with everyone.
Backstory: He's just a kiddo who has lots of energy and likes to explore because he's a kiddo.

luxia

Name: Nara
Faction: Village
Job: Guild Receptionist / Ex-Shrine Maiden

Appearance: Silver-white hair with pitch black eyes. Nara has some scars on her left arm and leg, which she acquired because she was once almost eaten by a lion monster when she was young. She tends to keep her scars covered up with ribbons. She has several other old injuries that aren't as easily visible.

Personality: A bit airy and disconnected from reality. "Dangerous" things don't seem to register in her brain, and she has absolutely no sense of fear. Some people have said that Nara is incapable of feeling fear, and her elders at the church often speculated that her close encounter with death as a child completely ruined her amygdala. Weirdly, despite the fact that she was almost killed by monsters multiple times in the past, Nara loves monsters and repeatedly seeks them out. Nara's dream is to "save the monsters", and she came to the Monster Continent to act as a missionary — if wild monsters sign some citizenship paperwork and become subjects of the Empire, they can't be legally hunted by adventurers.

Backstory:
Nara was raised by the church in the Great Central Empire. However, ever since she was small, she loved monsters, and often snuck various creatures into her dorm room. The monsters sometimes attacked her but Nara didn't really care — even though Nara was seriously injured on several occasions. When Nara was 16, she was kicked out of the church and excommunicated because the priests discovered a giant serpent in Nara's bedroom, which is extremely taboo because snakes are symbols of Satan. During the incident, Nara's snake attacked some of the priests, which resulted in some accusations that Nara was a witch. Unable to stay in the Great Central Empire any longer, Nara turned her gaze towards the Monster Continent, which sounded like a perfect place to make her new home.

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Name: Aan
Race: Unknown (Shapeshifter)
Skillset: Stealth; Shamanistic Magic; Shapeshifting; Physical and Mental Discipline

Appearance:

Under normal circumstances, Aan takes the form of various small animals. When interacting with others, she takes a form that makes them most comfortable; either a member of the same species or one that they are on friendly terms with.

She prefers to use bright colors and the forms that natively have them, but will camouflage herself when necessary or when traveling.

Under extreme circumstances, she can subsume biomass and other matter to increase her size. However, she needs monster cores to fuel her transformation beyond a certain size, making this ability almost useless to her.

Personality:

Aan is Aan. She likes to play, and she likes to explore. She does not like to eat though. Eating is gross, and hurting things is sad. Aan would rather hide than kill, and run than fight.

Learning new things is great, and the best way to learn is to meet new creatures. But sometimes creatures are not happy to meet Aan. So, she is cautious, and she is sneaky. Most importantly, she learns quickly, so that when new creatures get angry, she does not leave without new secrets.

But some creatures do like Aan, and she is happy to share what she knows with them. She has studied with many, many tribes, and seen many strange things. Was there something you wanted Aan to teach you? Or did you want to teach Aan something?

Backstory:

Aan does not remember where she came from. There were no parents, and no tribe. She was alone, and she was small and scared. But Aan had power, and she survived.

As Aan grew she became curious, and wanted to learn more and more. Especially about her power, and about magic. But all knowledge contributes to her ability, and all of it is precious to her.

Aan was told that all creatures have tribes. So, she wanted to find her tribe. However, Aan does not know what she was before her power. She wonders if her tribe all have this power, or if they would not recognize her as their own? And if they do not recognize her, and she does not recognize them, then there is no way for Aan to know if the person in front of her is family or not. In order to prevent a tragedy, Aan has chosen to consider all creatures her family- even when she doesn't like it.

While chasing down rumors, Aan learned that a new tribe appeared, far, far to the east. Strangers with powerful artifacts and new magics. These could be her tribe, no? Or at least, they had something to teach Aan. It was a worthy journey, even if the distance was long.

kilnareth

Name: Erandil
Skillset: Potion Crafting, Herbalism, and Enchanting

Appearance:

Erandil wouldn't call himself handsome nor was he considered ugly. He had an unassuming face that was easily forgettable with black and messy hair that could be easily mistaken for a crow's nest. He usually covers his lanky frame with dirt-stained white tunic and brown linen pants. Strapped around his waist is a belt with multiple satchels where he stores alchemical ingredients and enchanted scrolls in, along with a knife sheath.

Personality:

Erandil is a recluse kind of person and always keeps to himself. Being socially anxious and always overthinking gives others the impression that he's a meek and timid kind of person but in reality, he wishes that he could converse with other people confidently and without stuttering or repeating his words. What he lacks in the social aspect of his life, he makes up with his ingenuity and curiosity when it came to his line of work. When in front of an alchemy table or an arcane enchanter, he gives it his all to learn and master his craft.

Backstory:

Born an orphan, Erandil thought that he was fated to rot away in the slums of the empire, begging for food scraps and small change to get by. He would constantly be bullied by the stronger kids for his earnings, and he could do nothing but endure the hardship. It was then that he came across an old book detailing weird pictures and scribbles he couldn't understand. It took him a whole five years to decipher the book, but reading was one thing and comprehending was another. There was nothing to do in the slums so he diverted all of his attention into understanding the contents of the book.

After years of learning and experimentation, Erandil was confident that he could apply his knowledge into practice, yet there was one issue. No one would take in a street rat like him. Even if he advertised his own products, even he knew that they were next to useless when it came to other quality products that shops would sell. He was now back to square one, thinking that all the effort he went into comprehending the book was worthless and the equipment he had bought, though very low quality, was going to waste. Then he heard an announcement made by the empire about a faraway land and that they need people to expand their territory and claim the unknown frontier for the empire. Luckily enough for him, anyone could join.

FenrIIrz

Name: Rowe Shieldbow
Job: Adventurer (formerly bishop and templar)
Skillset: Baptism, Swordsmanship, Shieldbow’s martial arts, Camping, and Tea making

Appearance:
Rowe has bluish-grey hair, pale skin, and maroon eyes. He wears vestments similar to the one that the church of the Empire provided, but consist of a white shirt, black pants and a hooded cloak instead of a white robe and mantle. He also has black leather gloves, a brown belt, black shoes or brown boots. Rowe always carries Shieldbow’s family heirloom, a tower shield artifact that measured over 2 metres with a compartment to hold magic stones for casting magic or reinforcing the artifact into a remarkable weapon for both offence and defence. However, Rowe often slings it like a battering ram or uses it as tea table instead of a shield.

When Rowe will be relaxing at home or attending formal occasions, he wears a long white jacket and grey shirt inside with the emblem of his former household pins on his jacket's left sleeve.

Personality:
Rowe was intelligent and fairly strong compared to his templar peers and aristocrats. Unlike a large number of nobles, he was not arrogant and looked down on the non-human population. In his younger years, he was very stubborn and determined to achieve his dream of ‘making a perfect world’.

After the demise of his friends, Rowe’s bright personality began to disappear and he became more mature and discrete. He appeared as an easy-going man and acted older than his age as he spent the majority of his time with his party which was filled with races that lived longer than humans and gave him wise and serene behaviours. Rowe’s current dream is to create a perfect world for the next generation and buried the ugliness that the elders made.

Backstory:
Rowe was born into a noble family that had a close tie with one of the churches of the Empire, and due to his lineage, he started his education and training at a very young age like his older siblings. At 10 years old, Rowe entered the church’s knight order to better people the empire and its people as Shieldbow’s belief of noblesse oblige. Rowe became a fully-fledged templar by the age of 15 and was allowed to start travelling, hunting monsters and protecting villagers in the name of the church. He gathered people from various races and lands under the same banner with the goal of making this world a perfect utopia for everyone resulting in fame and position within the church.

However, his pursuit of that dream was repaid with the harsh truth of reality as the noble idea of his family that vowed to protect was only applied to the selected fellow humans when the people with who he shared companionship were left to surrender against the cruel fate by one of his relatives. Rowe was anger towards himself for being unable to protect them, but his conviction would never be allowed Rowe to give in to guilt and dread as he continued duty as the templar and nobleman even his method might contradict with his original righteousness.

At one point, his family and relatives were caught in an unfortunate incident where a fire was set on the mansion where they gathered for some celebration while Rowe was out in the wild subduing monsters. When he returned, a rival noble family was getting closer to engulfing all of his family earnings and hard work day by day. Rowe decided to abolish his nobility as possibly the only remaining member of Shieldbow and donated all his wealth to orphanages and his past comrades’ homes except for his personal belonging and Shieldbow’s heirloom. Rowe then left the church and departed to the new Frontier Village searching for people who might share the same current goal with him.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

Name: Stella
Race: Fairy
Age: 6 years old, probably, how many springs does a year have again?
Personality: Childish
Backstory: The evil humans destroyed the tree that I used as my secret hideout! Do you know how long it takes to find a new tree that fits for a hideout!? It took me like... Almost as much time as it takes to eat a pie! A whole pie! It was horrible!
What's a pie? Oh, it's a tasty thing that good humans make. The ones that don't break hideouts and stuff. I get them from the village from time to time, it's really delicious.
... By the way, do you know what this uhn... What did the humans call it again? Mmmmmm... Book! Book! That's what! What's is this anyways!? It does nothing at all! And there are a bunch of weird symbols in it getting in the way of the pretty images! It's like... Why would they put those random symbols there and ruin such a nice lovely image!? It's so weird!

ASimplePerson

9f68b7eb4355b74eef1ea1a9a07857bf.jpg

Name: Caido Fenrir

Race: Dark Elf

Job: 3rd Tier Mage

Appearance: He looks youthful despite his age because of the dark elves' very long lifespan. He always covers his head, especially his ears with a hood to hide the fact that he's an elf.

Personality: He's very calm, calculative, and secretive. Although can be sometimes harsh with his words, he's a dependable person.

Backstory: He was a member of a tribe of Dark Elves that immigrated into the Empire. He was young when he was adopted by one of the Archmage of the Arcane Tower from the Empire's capital because of his very rare inherited talent of Runic Magic, A form of magic said to appear very rarely among the elves. This form of magic itself is what guaranteed him to be the Archmage's disciple. With this, he can use the energy of raw monster cores without refining them and is more versatile than other forms of magic. He's sent to the Village under the Empire's order to secretly observe their operation and to never interfere, while he also explores the continent bit by bit.

Uh... This is my first time doing this roleplay stuff so... Please don't be harsh on me?

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Red Eye.jpg
  • Name: Daniel Revenant
  • Race: Human?
  • Age: 19 - 22, Has gaps in his memory but should be around that age
  • Class: Summoner/Spectral Mage
  • Faction: Monster
  • Appearance: Pale skin with blood red eyes and black hair. Sometimes his body lights up in a way that seems like his bones are glow and makes him look like an undead
  • Personality: Confused, very confused about everything
  • Backstory: He was the third son of a duke from a different continent far from both the monster continent and the empire's continent. One day he was exploring the territory he came across some ruins, As it was turning dark he decided to camp in the ruins, when he woke up though he was no longer in the ruins but on the monster continent with with no clue as he got there, gaps in his memory and Spectral magic. Misunderstood as an undead by the guild and possessing his new found ability to communicate to all sorts of beings through magic, he decides to aid the monsters in defending their home while trying to figure out a way back to his own.
  • Summons: Sabretooth Tiger, Arcane Elk, Wraith Shark
  • Weapons: Lantern Staff with Spectral Flame, Mithril Rapier, Survival Knife

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Name: Merdi
Race: Human?
Skillset: Crafting. All the Crafting.

Appearance:

A human woman of middling appearance. You'd walk by her without a second glance, if it weren't for her outfit. Her earrings, bracelets and glasses are clearly high quality magic tools. Her clothing is clean and well-made, if not very fashionable. Over that is a leather apron stitched to have hundreds of pockets, many of which are filled to bursting.

If you stop to stare, she'll return the favor with the most withering glare you've seen since the last family gathering. Better stop and move on...

Personality:

The only thing that matters is improving her skills. And the only way to improve her skills is with quality materials and challenging commissions... Which means customers. She may not like them, but making sure they come back is important.

Outside work, everything is a bother. If she's in a good mood, she'll just sigh and get on with it. If not, expect a tongue thrashing, and finish your business quickly before she loses her patience.

Backstory:

The Empire is a bit unpleasant for certain people, but it's a great place to train as a craftsman. An unpleasant paradox, but one that was solved decades ago.

Unfortunately, the Imperial Continent has exhausted its use. Gone are the days when strange new materials made their way into the shop on a daily basis. All that remains are the Imperial tax collectors, the suspicious guards, and the gossiping nobles. All of it, a waste of time.

But, there's a new expedition to the Monster Continent. And with it, many opportunities for those who can handle the danger. Now if only the village would pull itself together so Merdi could get back to work already...

Quaesitor

Name: Dallur
Job: Adventurer
Skillset: Combat and obscure, eldritch lore as well as rituals.
Lore of the Edge - Of combat. Of struggle. Of violence, cunning, betrayal and pain.
Rite of Opening - A rite that allows its user to open the target of the rite to certain eldritch lore and ways. This is done by inflicting wounds in specific spots. Dallur can harness Eldritch Lore he knows through this Rite.
Rite of the Unceasing Heart - A rite that imbues the target with unnatural vitality for a limited duration. Fatal injuries still kill the target after the duration.
Faction: Guild
Truth be told, Dallur could not care less about humans, monsters, and the frontier. He is mainly intereted in growing his own power. He is polite and friendly in general, looking to pass without extensive scrutiny of others.

He strongly dislikes nobles and very much likes money.
Dallur grew up a commoner in a poor family in an area where the local nobles severely overtaxed and suppressed the local population. Due to these taxes, his parents ended up starving to death. He took a knife and ended up murdering a tax collector of the nobles before fleeing the area.

In his travels, he tried to gain the power to defend himself and survive, but found himself talentless in both common magic and martial arts. Only through strange lore and rituals did he finally manage to become powerful enough to survive and completely escape from the chase.

Now, he has come to the monster continent to further his research of eldritch texts outside of the watchful gaze of various religions.
Weapons: A ritual dagger, and a dao sword

Last edited: