Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - Freestyle RP

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
- | Registration | Quest Board | Reception Desk | Freestyle RP | ButterflyCh | Newsletter (Library) | OOC Room | -
Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - Freestyle RP
+ + +​

Introduction

This is the freestyle roleplaying thread for the Adventurer's Guild (Sky Archipelago) roleplaying game.​
There isn't exactly a specific format to "freestyle" roleplaying, but intended for collaborative roleplaying between two or more players.​
Usually, players will find a roleplaying partner and take turns writing a story from their character's perspectives. You can use the OOC room to find a writing partner or develop plot ideas.​

Rules
  • If you are replying to another player, quote their post.
  • Make sure to include the title, setting, and characters involved in each post.
  • Posts that are marked (OPEN) mean that anyone can reply.
  • Please do not "powerplay" or "godmode" -- which means controlling someone else's character.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Here is an example of freestyle RP.

-------------

Camping Out Underneath the Stars (OPEN)
The weather was chilly, but Okarin was happy.
The slime person hugged their grey cloak closer to themself and leaned back against the ramparts. They had climbed up the half-constructed walls earlier in the evening to get a better view of the city, and the effort had been worth it. Sitting on such a high pedestal, it was like being surrounded in a globe of stars. No matter where they looked, there was the glimmer of sparkling lights. Meteor showers drizzled across the southern sky.
It was majestic in a way that Okarin had never experienced before.
Back at home, Okarin had grown up on a pink hazy planet. The atmosphere was thick, and they knew the sun as this warm fuzzy blurry thing. The moon was just a soft glow that was faintly gave an aura to the night sky.
This was different.
Very different.
But the slime person was optimistic.
| OC: Okarin | Setting: Scribel City | Word Count: 152 |

----------

OOC: Since this subthread is marked (OPEN), anyone can reply to this subthread.

Alternatively, anyone could easily start their own subthread in their own setting. Feel free to abandon threads too.

Feel free to style your posts any way you like!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Does anybody have any Sunflower Seeds? (Open)

*flies around a bit*
*hits the legs of a few chairs and tables a few times*
*sits down on the ground right in the middle of the registration desk*

"I'm hungry..."

*magical butterfly makes a weird sound*
*Ilya looks towards the butterfly*
*pokes the butterfly a bit*
*hugs butterfly*

"Do you have any sunflower seeds!?"

*butterfly makes the same weird sounds*

"Heeeey! Answer me!!! I'm hungry!!!"

"What a weird butterfly..."

*troubled Ilya noises*

OC: Ilya | Setting: Registration Desk of the Adventurer's Guild | Word Count: 85

Last edited:

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
Does anybody have any Sunflower Seeds? (Open)

*flies around a bit*
*hits the legs of a few chairs and tables a few times*
*sits down on the ground right in the middle of the registration desk*

"I'm hungry..."

*magical butterfly makes a weird sound*
*Ilya looks towards the butterfly*
*pokes the butterfly a bit*
*hugs butterfly*

"Do you have any sunflower seeds!?"

"Heeeey! Answer me!!! I'm hungry!!!"

"What a weird butterfly..."

*troubled Ilya noises*

OC: Ilya | Setting: Registration Desk of the Adventurer's Guild | Word Count: 85
As I finish up registering myself at the place they call the adventurer's guild and begin to walk out, I see multiple different creatures that remind me of Tolkien's world. I spot long eared elves, dwarves and other mysterious non humanoid creatures too. In a centre of it all, a tiny little thing playing around with the mysterious butterfly given by the guild. 'Playing? No, that's not right. There's a clear look of distress on her face'. I walk up to her in time to hear her mentioning the word 'hungry'.

'My, if she's truly as young as she looks, it's a pity that the poor girl had to go through what she did.'

I pause for a moment and approach her, hoping that I'm not doing the wrong thing. I don't know what the ones like her eat, but I offer her the only thing I had on myself when I arrived here.

"Would you like some honey little one?"

AliceShiki

As I finish up registering myself at the place they call the adventurer's guild and begin to walk out, I see multiple different creatures that remind me of Tolkien's world. I spot long eared elves, dwarves and other mysterious non humanoid creatures too. In a centre of it all, a tiny little thing playing around with the mysterious butterfly given by the guild. 'Playing? No, that's not right. There's a clear look of distress on her face'. I walk up to her in time to hear her mentioning the word 'hungry'.

'My, if she's truly as young as she looks, it's a pity that the poor girl had to go through what she did.'

I pause for a moment and approach her, hoping that I'm not doing the wrong thing. I don't know what the ones like her eat, but I offer her the only thing I had on myself when I arrived here.

"Would you like some honey little one?"
"Ooooooooh! I like honey!"

*quickly flies in the direction of your face*
*bumps into your nose and falls a bit before stabilizing herself mid-air*

"Ouchie... I hit a tree... Why were you flying so close to a tree!? >.<"

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
"Ooooooooh! I like honey!"

*quickly flies in the direction of your face*
*bumps into your nose and falls a bit before stabilizing herself mid-air*

"Ouchie... I hit a tree... Why were you flying so close to a tree!? >.<"
'Oh, looks like she truly is a child. Dealing with children always heals the heart'

I hold her at an arm's distance from me.
"Look at me dear, I am not a tree, just like you, but after living for many many years, I grew up to become a big big girl."

I place the jar of honey on a wooden chair beside her.

"Have some, little one. My name is Evelyn. You can call me Granny Eve. May I know yours too?"

AliceShiki

'Oh, looks like she truly is a child. Dealing with children always heals the heart'

I hold her at an arm's distance from me.
"Look at me dear, I am not a tree, just like you, but after living for many many years, I grew up to become a big big girl."

I place the jar of honey on a wooden chair beside her.

"Have some, little one. My name is Evelyn. You can call me Granny Eve. May I know yours too?"
"E-e-eh!? What's happening!? Did the ground lift!? Why is there soil below me when I was flying?!" >.<

"... Well, must be a magical ground, seems fun~"

*jumps up and down on top of your hand*

"What's look btw?" *tilts head* "Is it something in your hair? Is it tasty?

"... And have some what? The look? Or was it the honey? I think I'd like to eat both!

"Oh oh! I'm Ilya!"

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Clean up on Aisle 3 [Open]

Tristan backtracked, from running toward the harbor docks to catch a Flying Byson, toward Harbor Road where she promised to meet Eochaidh O'Byrnei (@Way). She had been the first to arrive, seeing that some of the clean had already begun.

She had a feeling she would be paying a lot of silver pieces out of her loan relief. But it was for a good cause so…

Tristan walked over to a few of the piles in front of the apothecary shop. She remembered that place from last, given the smell of herbs and medicine had been evident. The smell reminded her of Liliana.

She leaned down to some of the rubble, moving through some of the crates to pull out the herbs in pots. They had been organized according to look and effect, but the owner would need to do what they can with their supplies.

“Oh?” Her hand bumped into a glass vial with blue liquid swishing inside. She could have sworn she moved the vials filled with liquid into a safe container adjacent to the herbs.

“I guess we missed some… but what is this one? I don’t quite know what it does or is!”

OC | Tristan Fletcher
Setting | Harbor Road, The Sky Harbor.
Word Count | didn’t count, sry

Way

Clean up on Aisle 3 [Open]

Tristan backtracked, from running toward the harbor docks to catch a Flying Byson, toward Harbor Road where she promised to meet Eochaidh O'Byrnei (@Way). She had been the first to arrive, seeing that some of the clean had already begun.

She had a feeling she would be paying a lot of silver pieces out of her loan relief. But it was for a good cause so…

Tristan walked over to a few of the piles in front of the apothecary shop. She remembered that place from last, given the smell of herbs and medicine had been evident. The smell reminded her of Liliana.

She leaned down to some of the rubble, moving through some of the crates to pull out the herbs in pots. They had been organized according to look and effect, but the owner would need to do what they can with their supplies.

“Oh?” Her hand bumped into a glass vial with blue liquid swishing inside. She could have sworn she moved the vials filled with liquid into a safe container adjacent to the herbs.

“I guess we missed some… but what is this one? I don’t quite know what it does or is!”

OC | Tristan Fletcher
Word Count | didn’t count, sry
Eochaidh frowned as he looked at just how trashed the area was. Just a few days and this familiar place was now a terrible, godforsaken mess...

"Well, now's not the time to meander about...now, where is Tristain?

After looking around a bit, he came across his friend's old apothecary.

It was in a terrible state- oak beams split in half, chunks of stone and ruined furniture sticking out underneath. There was even a piece of the Ironwood signboard, with only the words 'APOC' carved in gilded letters hanging about.

He had a feeling that his friend was not going to be happy about that. The signboard had been commissioned by his old hometown as a parting gift before he had moved into Sky Harbor. The baron had even pitched in half of the cost out of gratitude for his years of service- that was what his friend had told him with a proud twinkle in his eyes.

He loved it so much that he kept it warded with a few layers of spells- how was he going to break the news that not even the signboard survived? Sighing a bit, he filed away that upcoming conversation for later.

Scanning his eyes over the rubble, he spied a young lady working her way through a few crates, handling potions of some sort. That was probably Tristain.

Slowly making his way over, he raised his voice.

"You are Tristain, yes? Thanks for coming early!"
OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | 242

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Eochaidh frowned as he looked at just how trashed the area was. Just a few days and this familiar place was now a terrible, godforsaken mess...

"Well, now's not the time to meander about...now, where is Tristain?

After looking around a bit, he came across his friend's old apothecary.

It was in a terrible state- oak beams split in half, chunks of stone and ruined furniture sticking out underneath. There was even a piece of the Ironwood signboard, with only the words 'APOC' carved in gilded letters hanging about.

He had a feeling that his friend was not going to be happy about that. The signboard had been commissioned by his old hometown as a parting gift before he had moved into Sky Harbor. The baron had even pitched in half of the cost out of gratitude for his years of service- that was what his friend had told him with a proud twinkle in his eyes.

He loved it so much that he kept it warded with a few layers of spells- how was he going to break the news that not even the signboard survived? Sighing a bit, he filed away that upcoming conversation for later.

Scanning his eyes over the rubble, he spied a young lady working her way through a few crates, handling potions of some sort. That was probably Tristain.

Slowly making his way over, he raised his voice.

"You are Tristain, yes? Thanks for coming early!"
She snapped her gaze up from the vial to the older male approaching. Tristan smiled, nodding over to him.

“I am! Thank you for calling me when you had!” She gazed to the potion in hand and back to the destroyed buildings. She wondered how long it would take to rebuild. Maybe weeks if they could get the right materials.

“It sounded like you might need some of these medicinal things right away, so I was hoping to get things a bit more organized for you!” She lifted one of the vials in question. “Unfortunately though not much of the supplies made it. I hope it’s enough for the time being.”

OC | Tristan Fletcher
Word Count | 111

Last edited:

Way

She snapped her gaze up from the vial to the older male approaching. Tristan smiled, nodding over to him.

“I am! Thank you for calling me when you had!” She gazed to the potion in hand and back to the destroyed buildings. She wondered how long it would take to rebuild. Maybe weeks if they could get the right materials.

“It sounded like you might need some of these medicinal things right away, so I was hoping to get things a bit more organized for you!” She lifted one of the vials in question. “Unfortunately though not much of the supplies made it. I hope it’s enough for the time being.”
Eochaidh nodded his head.

"Indeed, we need as many medical supplies as we need- we've had a huge influx of patients due to the damage caused by the Worldshift." He sighed, the lack of humour looking out of place on his face. "And that's only one problem. Still, this will do, for the time being."

He then moved over, helping to move some of the crates out the rubble, making some idle chat as he did so.

"Right, I've heard that you are a new adventurer, and an outlander at that, yes? You seem to be acclimating quite fast despite all that- if anything you are being quite proactive, putting up that quest. How has Sky Harbour been treating you so far?"

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Eochaidh nodded his head.

"Indeed, we need as many medical supplies as we need- we've had a huge influx of patients due to the damage caused by the Worldshift." He sighed, the lack of humour looking out of place on his face. "And that's only one problem. Still, this will do, for the time being."

He then moved over, helping to move some of the crates out the rubble, making some idle chat as he did so.

"Right, I've heard that you are a new adventurer, and an outlander at that, yes? You seem to be acclimating quite fast despite all that- if anything you are being quite proactive, putting up that quest. How has Sky Harbour been treating you so far?"
Tristan followed his lead, jumping right into the supplies to pull out what she knew would help with injuries.

Symbulin, happened to be the blue liquid in her hand. The label has been dirty from the debris, but given a few good runs, she could read it well enough.

Fee flew in front of her, opening a screen to showcase the medicine in her hand. The small vial had two doses—which would prove an antidote for most minor poisons. It had been a simulacrum of poison taken from the oil secreted the creature: Terra Newt.

She had no knowledge of this, as it was not something she was taught in the Forgotten Realms. Her sister and brother had been excellent tutors, but that other world’s knowledge probably didn’t amount to much.

She placed the vial down gently, before shuffling to the next section. Tristan pulled out a few green herbs. She could read on a few scribbled tags that survived on some of the roots.

Vivovital had been one of the sprightly greens. She read that it would be good for physical injuries. It helped the healing process naturally, also acting as a numbing agent for pain.

“I imagine there must be all kinds of patients. Injuries varying in degrees. I found some
Vivovital herbs in good condition. That might help some of your patients.” Tristan plucked the pots setting them down.

“Worldshift… it must have been a strange thing…” this was more of a self reflection, but saying it aloud made the situation more real. She walked to the building, moving past the broken sign that had [APOTH] to search for more things under the beams and broken wall pieces.

It was in that moment she was asked about being a new adventurer. She perked up, giving a small smile despite the terrible situation everyone was in.

“Ah… yeah. I would be considered an… outlander? I was out on my first adventurer with my older siblings when… when…” Her hands froze, thinking back to the goblins, the wolves that attacked, the piercing biting that didn’t stop on her collarbone—the lack of air and suffocation as water continued to—

She hadn’t realized her hands were tracing the scars of the bites on her skin. She yanked her hands away. “I guess I couldn’t just sit still after seeing the people and the buildings. Everyone looked panicked, so I just offered to help.” She opted to find something for her hands to hold, her shaking digits found and lifted the broken store sign. Then back to the rest of the mess. “I was… I am an inventor. Or more like crafter and artisan. I mended lots of stuff back at my own guild home. I took on lots of local jobs, just helping where I could.”

Tristan thought of her experience so far in the fairly large city, she had never been in such a large scale place before so everything was fascinating to her. “Sky Harbor has been very accommodating—I can work and earn money. The Adventurer’s Guild loaned me gold to get started… I made an acquaintance with a man named Frixio. He had been helping repairing the minor damages such as the roofs, windows, doors… easy carpenter stuff.”

She remembered his missing brother at that moment, and knew she had to do something to at least give the young man some hope… or closure. It seemed many people were displaced.

She wondered about Eochaidh and his history. Was he a native here? Or had he been sucked into the so-acclaimed black hole?

“Sir, you seem well versed in adventuring! when Fee—uh, my butterfly, started to talk with your voice—I had to wonder what else about this world I didn’t know. Everything is just so… new! This situation would scare anyone, but it seems as if you’re taking things in stride. I’m anxious trying to do the best I can to help!” She awkwardly moved the signboard. “I wonder if it’s enough?”

****I gotta go to bed. Got work early in the morning! Night all! I’ll post again tomorrow! :blob_cookie:

Last edited:

Way

Tristan followed his lead, jumping right into the supplies to pull out what she knew would help with injuries.

Symbulin, happened to be the blue liquid in her hand. The label has been dirty from the debris, but given a few good runs, she could read it well enough.

Fee flew in front of her, opening a screen to showcase the medicine in her hand. The small vial had two doses—which would prove an antidote for most minor poisons. It had been a simulacrum of poison taken from the oil secreted the creature: Terra Newt.

She had no knowledge of this, as it was not something she was taught in the Forgotten Realms. Her sister and brother had been excellent tutors, but that other world’s knowledge probably didn’t amount to much.

She placed the vial down gently, before shuffling to the next section. Tristan pulled out a few green herbs. She could read on a few scribbled tags that survived on some of the roots.

Vivovital had been one of the sprightly greens. She read that it would be good for physical injuries. It helped the healing process naturally, also acting as a numbing agent for pain.

“I imagine there must be all kinds of patients. Injuries varying in degrees. I found some
Vivovital herbs in good condition. That might help some of your patients.” Tristan plucked the pots setting them down.
Oh the other side, Eochaidh had moved a crate of Tuned Burdock to the side. It was a common, mundane herb by itself- one native to even non-magical realms such as Earth- not that he knew that last tidbit. In the Archipelago, however, after being tuned with natural energies, it gained the supernatural properties in treating traumatic and infected wounds, and embarrassingly enough for certain people- Syphilis.

Less embarrassing was the crate of Tuned Dittany he was currently moving, which could be used to expel fragments embedded in flesh, as well as being an exceptionally powerful antiseptic.

"Ah, good! Do place them to the side, we'll need to get all of these out of this mess first. After that is done I can arrange for them to be carried back.

Despite losing joviality for a while, it quickly slipped back into his mannerisms as he worked his way through the rubble.
“Worldshift… it must have been a strange thing…” this was more of a self reflection, but saying it aloud made the situation more real. She walked to the building, moving past the broken sign that had [APOTH] to search for more things under the beams and broken wall pieces.
Since Eochaidh was busy with shifting debris to the side, he didn't quite notice Tristan's self-reflection, though it didn't matter since he had asked a question that would have been the perfect follow-up regardless.
It was in that moment she was asked about being a new adventurer. She perked up, giving a small smile despite the terrible situation everyone was in.

“Ah… yeah. I would be considered an… outlander? I was out on my first adventurer with my older siblings when… when…” Her hands froze, thinking back to the goblins, the wolves that attacked, the piercing biting that didn’t stop on her collarbone—the lack of air and suffocation as water continued to—

She hadn’t realized her hands were tracing the scars of the bites on her skin. She yanked her hands away. “I guess I couldn’t just sit still after seeing the people and the buildings. Everyone looked panicked, so I just offered to help.” She opted to find something for her hands to hold, her shaking digits found and lifted the broken store sign. Then back to the rest of the mess. “I was… I am an inventor. Or more like crafter and artisan. I mended lots of stuff back at my own guild home. I took on lots of local jobs, just helping where I could.”
Eochaidh hadn't noticed the brief panic attack Tristan was in, since his back was turned just a moment to slowly inch another crate out from under a broken beam, but his sharp senses did note that something was off, and even then the melancholy was obvious. It only made sense for someone displaced from their home, and so recently to feel such emotions. There weren't many words he could offer as a stranger, so instead, he offered his ears.
Tristan thought of her experience so far in the fairly large city, she had never been in such a large scale place before so everything was fascinating to her. “Sky Harbor has been very accommodating—I can work and earn money. The Adventurer’s Guild loaned me gold to get started… I made an acquaintance with a man named Frixio. He had been helping repairing the minor damages such as the roofs, windows, doors… easy carpenter stuff.”
Eochaidh nodded. "Good for you...hmm, Frixio?" He paused for a bit, trying to recall the name. "Ah, I remember! Yes, yes. The man is great at his job- filled a few commissions from me at least! When you mess with volatile ingredients getting a stock of backup tools and furniture from various sources becomes key, you see." He chuckled a bit, as his hands took hold of a crate of Tuned Borage- a potential cure for all kinds of fevers as well as a bolster of courage.

"His brother happens to be an adventurer too- mentored him for a brief time. Good student, and warmed up to the idea of exploring the great unknown quite quickly! Wonder how he's doing these days."

Shaking that thought off, unaware of what had become of Frixio's brother, Eochaidh got back on track. "Sorry, I digress. Easy to get sentimental at this age. Good to see that you are doing well so far. If you ever need guidance, feel free to contact me- I will be glad to lend a hand, or at least refer you to someone who can."
She wondered about Eochaidh and his history. Was he a native here? Or had he been sucked into the so-acclaimed black hole?

“Sir, you seem well versed in adventuring! when Fee—uh, my butterfly, started to talk with your voice—I had to wonder what else about this world I didn’t know. Everything is just so… new! This situation would scare anyone, but it seems as if you’re taking things in stride. I’m anxious trying to do the best I can to help!” She awkwardly moved the signboard. “I wonder if it’s enough?”
Eochaidh laughed heartily as he checked yet another crate. Tuned Blackberry Plants amplified healing and quickly stems bleeding.

"Well, I do know the tricks of the trade well enough, I suppose! Truth be told, this situation is an utter mess!"

The gravity of the statement contrasted greatly with the grin on his face for some reason.

"We've got casualties, property damage, devasted transport networks- in a trade heavy nation, of all places, and to top it off, we know absolutely nothing about this strange new land we are currently in. Hell, on a more personal level I know friends from outside the Archipelago that I won't be able to visit in a long time."

He let out a breath as he lowered the crate of blackberry plants onto the ground.

"But well, it's hardly the end of the world. Well, it is, in a sense, but that's not what I mean. Perhaps it's only an old man's misplaced optimism, but a new world out there, waiting to be explored...a whole map considered Terra Incognito, as opposed to the last few pockets of mysteries untouched by civillisation we had to make do with..."

Eochaidh looked Tristan in the eye.

"It's an adventurer's dreams personified, you know?"

After an awkward moment of silence, another chuckle erupted from his throat.

"Sorry, I got carried away yet again. On a more practical note, the idea is simple- there has to be some reason why we are here. And since there's a way here, there must be a way back! I'm not the most well versed in traversing realms beyond the material plane, but I'm sure the theory is sound. As long as there's hope in the heart, a solution will make itself clear soon enough."

The shameless idealism practically rolled off his tongue in waves, yet it was clear from the glint in his eyes and upwards tilt in the corners of his mouth that at the very least, Eochaidh really did believe the words he spouted with such inane energy, despite having no evidence on hand to back his ideas aside from anecdotal experience.

OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | 801

Last edited:

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Oh the other side, Eochaidh had moved a crate of Tuned Burdock to the side. It was a common, mundane herb by itself- one native to even non-magical realms such as Earth- not that he knew that last tidbit. In the Archipelago, however, after being tuned with natural energies, it gained the supernatural properties in treating traumatic and infected wounds, and embarrassingly enough for certain people- Syphilis.

Less embarrassing was the crate of Tuned Dittany he was currently moving, which could be used to expel fragments embedded in flesh, as well as being an exceptionally powerful antiseptic.

"Ah, good! Do place them to the side, we'll need to get all of these out of this mess first. After that is done I can arrange for them to be carried back.

Despite losing joviality for a while, it quickly slipped back into his mannerisms as he worked his way through the rubble.

Since Eochaidh was busy with shifting debris to the side, he didn't quite notice Tristan's self-reflection, though it didn't matter since he had asked a question that would have been the perfect follow-up regardless.

Eochaidh hadn't noticed the brief panic attack Tristan was in, since his back was turned just a moment to slowly inch another crate out from under a broken beam, but his sharp senses did note that something was off, and even then the melancholy was obvious. It only made sense for someone displaced from their home, and so recently to feel such emotions. There weren't many words he could offer as a stranger, so instead, he offered his ears.

Eochaidh nodded. "Good for you...hmm, Frixio?" He paused for a bit, trying to recall the name. "Ah, I remember! Yes, yes. The man is great at his job- filled a few commissions from me at least! When you mess with volatile ingredients getting a stock of backup tools and furniture from various sources becomes key, you see." He chuckled a bit, as his hands took hold of a crate of Tuned Borage- a potential cure for all kinds of fevers as well as a bolster of courage.

Tristan did as instructed, coming across the varying herbs and piling them where Eochaidh O’Byrnei directed. She was glad that he didn’t seem to catch her momentary hiccup over her past trauma. It was in her next moments bringing a small wooden chest about two feet in length out from under—she could only assume it was once the counter space—and lifted the lid. Inside had a few larger bottles—glass wrapped protectively in a leather.

There were labels on each of them, making them easier to identify. And since the wooden chest protected the products inside, she had hoped some of these would be helpful. Tristan closed the chest and brought it over to the crate filled with Dittany.

As she worked she listened attentively. Especially when he spoke of her new acquaintance in the town.

"His brother happens to be an adventurer too- mentored him for a brief time. Good student, and warmed up to the idea of exploring the great unknown quite quickly! Wonder how he's doing these days."

Tristan had been happy to hear that Frixio had a good reputation amongst the community, and she was almost surprised at Eochaidh for knowing who his brother was. Although his last comment made her slightly concerned. She wondered to herself. ’If Eochairdh mentored Frixio’s older brother, then it’s possible he might have a lead on where he went. Maybe Frixio’s brother doesn’t have a means to communicate… but that doesn’t make sense. He should have a butterfly…’

She snapped out of her thoughts as Eochaidh offered her some guidance. She happily nodded.

Shaking that thought off, unaware of what had become of Frixio's brother, Eochaidh got back on track. "Sorry, I digress. Easy to get sentimental at this age. Good to see that you are doing well so far. If you ever need guidance, feel free to contact me- I will be glad to lend a hand, or at least refer you to someone who can."

Eochaidh laughed heartily as he checked yet another crate. Tuned Blackberry Plants amplified healing and quickly stems bleeding.

"Well, I do know the tricks of the trade well enough, I suppose! Truth be told, this situation is an utter mess!"

The gravity of the statement contrasted greatly with the grin on his face for some reason.

"We've got casualties, property damage, devasted transport networks- in a trade heavy nation, of all places, and to top it off, we know absolutely nothing about this strange new land we are currently in. Hell, on a more personal level I know friends from outside the Archipelago that I won't be able to visit in a long time."

He let out a breath as he lowered the crate of blackberry plants onto the ground.

"But well, it's hardly the end of the world. Well, it is, in a sense, but that's not what I mean. Perhaps it's only an old man's misplaced optimism, but a new world out there, waiting to be explored...a whole map considered Terra Incognito, as opposed to the last few pockets of mysteries untouched by civillisation we had to make do with..."

Eochaidh looked Tristan in the eye.

"It's an adventurer's dreams personified, you know?"

After an awkward moment of silence, another chuckle erupted from his throat.

"Sorry, I got carried away yet again. On a more practical note, the idea is simple- there has to be some reason why we are here. And since there's a way here, there must be a way back! I'm not the most well versed in traversing realms beyond the material plane, but I'm sure the theory is sound. As long as there's hope in the heart, a solution will make itself clear soon enough."

The shameless idealism practically rolled off his tongue in waves, yet it was clear from the glint in his eyes and upwards tilt in the corners of his mouth that at the very least, Eochaidh really did believe the words he spouted with such inane energy, despite having no evidence on hand to back his ideas aside from anecdotal experience.

OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | 801

Tristan stared at the chaos that he pointed out—and he was right. There was much work to be done, and so much to rebuild. She could probably help in the reconstruction efforts, but she was limited by the tools on her person and time. Not too mention finding a place to stay in this vast new world.

And Eochaidh hit the doorknob with the hammer when he spoke of the devastation that wrecked the trade ports. She could tell there would be plenty of merchants, crafters, artisans—all in states of chaotic dismay wondering what their next move could be. Tristan was fortunate… well as fortunate as she could be given her current state. She had no—no family that she knew of. No home destroyed. Her livelihood wasn’t wrecked. She could start anew in this world, and be on the same page as any well established crafter in this world.

“Thank you Sir Eochaidh—is that alright to call you as such? Or do you prefer another way to be called?” She smiled.

Fee floated over to her, before a screen popped up. She noticed an empty contacts list, and a name appear. Eochaidh O’Byrnei’s name had popped up on the contact list.

She grinned. “I do believe I have your ButterflyCh saved to my contacts...” Tristan paused. ”Whatever that means.”

Which brought her back to his speech on adventuring. She could tell he was someone who had traveled much in his younger years—someone seasoned and knowledgeable.

And his gaze—that was one that held a lifetime‘s of journeys and adventures. She stopped in that moment, meeting his gaze with her own. She thought in that moment that she would have to do more—be more like an adventurer. Take the risks—and be willing to take risks. His words rang within her likes bells chiming far in the distance.

An Adventurer’s Dream Personified.

She liked that optimistic view. Back home everything had been charted, and mostly explored. There were explanations when monsters appeared—how arcana came to be—how technology evolved and developed to envelope both magic and science. In this new world, it was like a clean slate. A plain white canvass for an artist to make their mark upon the world.

Tristan chuckled to him, gracing him with a wide smile. “You weren’t getting carried away at all—in a sense it almost inspired me to jump up and start my own adventure.“ The young girl had moved several different ingredients—some ranging from common day household items to expensive looking potions. “With a brush in hand, the artist paints using the world as their muse.

”If you could decide to go back on an adventure—would you do so?“ She decided in that moment that he deserved more respect than just a simple sir. From what she could tell, he had years and years under his belt. Tristan looked upward, gazing up to the growing expanse of the sky and clouds. “After we’re all done, I will be leaving. I—I promised Frixio that I’d try to find his brother.“ She turned her gaze to Eochaidh, hoping not to alarm the man of his known colleague. “I know you must be busy with helping heal the injured—what with us here collecting and organizing what remains—but I worry for some of the others without those accommodations.”

She smiled sadly. “Frixio didn’t put a quest in. Or at least I didn’t see one—but he’s worried. He hadn’t heard from him since he last left.” Tristan sighed, wondering if she was calling in for help a bit prematurely. “Do you have any suggestions on where I should start? Or what I should bring to help in my search? I’m sure nothing… too bad has happened, but I don’t want to go unprepared either.”

OC | Tristan Fletcher
Word Count ] too many to count on my ipad

Leegood

"If you construct a route from here, to there, then around here, you will create safer, faster, better transportation" Tom Ritagald explained to a village chief "its the best improvent you could do right now."

After pocketing some cheese the village chief gave him in thanks, he returned to far harbor or whatever they called the city and started staring at people rebuilding.

He was not a man of physical labor so he stared at @Tessa_Renalds and @Way work while he munched on some really delicious cheese.

Way

“Thank you Sir Eochaidh—is that alright to call you as such? Or do you prefer another way to be called?” She smiled.
"Sir? I'm certainly no sir, though it matters not what manner of address you refer me to." Eochaidh chortled as he returned to work, crouching down to check the label of a crate. Tuned Angelica. Could be used to make potions that cured plagues, and was used in spells that repulsed evil.
She grinned. “I do believe I have your ButterflyCh saved to my contacts...” Tristan paused. ”Whatever that means.”
"Ah right, new to ButterflyCh, yes? Well, it's exactly what it implies. It'll be easier to reach out to me that way." He then let out a grunt as he hoisted the crate with the assistance of his knee.
Tristan chuckled to him, gracing him with a wide smile. “You weren’t getting carried away at all—in a sense it almost inspired me to jump up and start my own adventure.“ The young girl had moved several different ingredients—some ranging from common day household items to expensive looking potions. “With a brush in hand, the artist paints using the world as their muse.
"I'm glad that my words of fancy had such an effect!" Eochaidh briefly paused to focus on shuffling past a pile of ruined furniture. "After all, we are in need of more of that spirit than ever before."

Indeed, he had no idea what awaited ahead, but it was certain that it called for adventure, whether those that heard the call liked it or not.

In a way, despite the hardships and trials lying in wait, he was fortunate to bear witness to these times before he truly hit the tail end of his prime.

"Hah! Well said." He exclaimed in reply to the poetic line espoused by Tristan, as he returned the smile with a grin of his own.

Of course, more fortunate is those of the next generation, such as Tristan here, who would undoubtedly reach full bloom by the time this new era was in full swing.

Part of him was envious, but he did not begrudge them. It was the duty of the generation before to pave the path of the next, after all. The generation before him had passed the torch to his generation, and his generation would pass it on one day.

Of course, the time had not come yet. He had vim and vigour in his being to spare yet, and he would be damned if he didn't use it to lead the headlong charge into this brave new world with raised steel and burning torches.

Hmm. It had been a long, long time. Perhaps it was time to set up a new band of adventurers?
”If you could decide to go back on an adventure—would you do so?“
Now that made Eochaidh stop for a moment. For a brief moment his eyes were clouded in remembrance, and the marks the passing of decades had left on his visage become prominent as his face creased.

Jubilance returned to his face soon enough. "It may surprise you, but not for anything in the world."

(OOC: Pretend that his thread of conversation continues before Tristan drops the bombshell since it kinda ruins the atmosphere)
“After we’re all done, I will be leaving. I—I promised Frixio that I’d try to find his brother.“ She turned her gaze to Eochaidh, hoping not to alarm the man of his known colleague. “
"Ah, I see- wait, what?!" Eochaidh paused, his train of thought derailed violently.
“I know you must be busy with helping heal the injured—what with us here collecting and organizing what remains—but I worry for some of the others without those accommodations.”

She smiled sadly. “Frixio didn’t put a quest in. Or at least I didn’t see one—but he’s worried. He hadn’t heard from him since he last left.” Tristan sighed, wondering if she was calling in for help a bit prematurely. “Do you have any suggestions on where I should start? Or what I should bring to help in my search? I’m sure nothing… too bad has happened, but I don’t want to go unprepared either.”
Eochaidh remained silent as Tristan spoke. Worry was visible on his furrowed face, as his mouth closed into a thin line. After she finished, he spoke up, slowly.

"I see. Thanks for informing me. Do you know which quest he left on? Depending on where he is I might have more information...that aside, he does have a butterfly, so he's either lost it or...his butterfly's connection to ButterflyCh has been disrupted."

What was left unsaid was the possibility that something untoward had happened to him, but it lingered thickly in the air.

OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | TBA

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
"Sir? I'm certainly no sir, though it matters not what manner of address you refer me to." Eochaidh chortled as he returned to work, crouching down to check the label of a crate. Tuned Angelica. Could be used to make potions that cured plagues, and was used in spells that repulsed evil.

"Ah right, new to ButterflyCh, yes? Well, it's exactly what it implies. It'll be easier to reach out to me that way." He then let out a grunt as he hoisted the crate with the assistance of his knee.

"I'm glad that my words of fancy had such an effect!" Eochaidh briefly paused to focus on shuffling past a pile of ruined furniture. "After all, we are in need of more of that spirit than ever before."

Indeed, he had no idea what awaited ahead, but it was certain that it called for adventure, whether those that heard the call liked it or not.

In a way, despite the hardships and trials lying in wait, he was fortunate to bear witness to these times before he truly hit the tail end of his prime.
Tristan smiled over to him, she had just gathered what little of the pruned Heckleberries were found into a small woven basket. These berries would help alleviate digestion and help release stubborn bowel movements. While Fee her butterfly‘s screen gave her the name and description—she knew it a another name back home. But she figured that mattered not given the new world scenario.

“Fairly new to the whole system myself…” She nodded. “We didn’t have butterflies back home so it’s all kind of new. My sister would be ecstatic if she could have one though.” The thought of her sister brought her away a moment.

[OOC—I’m gonna say she would say this before her adventurer spiel and her poetic quote/jumping into the whole: I’m looking for Frixio’s brother spiel.]
"Hah! Well said." He exclaimed in reply to the poetic line espoused by Tristan, as he returned the smile with a grin of his own.

Of course, more fortunate is those of the next generation, such as Tristan here, who would undoubtedly reach full bloom by the time this new era was in full swing.

Part of him was envious, but he did not begrudge them. It was the duty of the generation before to pave the path of the next, after all. The generation before him had passed the torch to his generation, and his generation would pass it on one day.

Of course, the time had not come yet. He had vim and vigour in his being to spare yet, and he would be damned if he didn't use it to lead the headlong charge into this brave new world with raised steel and burning torches.

Hmm. It had been a long, long time. Perhaps it was time to set up a new band of adventurers?

Now that made Eochaidh stop for a moment. For a brief moment his eyes were clouded in remembrance, and the marks the passing of decades had left on his visage become prominent as his face creased.

Jubilance returned to his face soon enough. "It may surprise you, but not for anything in the world."
She laughed when his gaze returned from what seemed to her might have been a distant memory, and nodded. “You’ll have to tell me some of your stories! I would love to sit down when there’s more time and less chaos going around…” And the next words to slip her lips had been ones she slightly regretted, as she watched Eochaidh’s jubilant expression darken at the mention of Frixio’s missing brother.

Tristan could only push forward, after all she was a person of her word—and information in a new world would be vital. Especially for someone like her. And with his experience-well she wouldn’t miss an opportunity if it could save a life… potentially. This was only in the crazy chance that something awful may have happened to him.

"Ah, I see- wait, what?!" Eochaidh paused, his train of thought derailed violently.

Eochaidh remained silent as Tristan spoke. Worry was visible on his furrowed face, as his mouth closed into a thin line. After she finished, he spoke up, slowly.

"I see. Thanks for informing me. Do you know which quest he left on? Depending on where he is I might have more information...that aside, he does have a butterfly, so he's either lost it or...his butterfly's connection to ButterflyCh has been disrupted."

What was left unsaid was the possibility that something untoward had happened to him, but it lingered thickly in the air.

OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | TBA

She didn’t panic from his questions, but she did soon come to the realization that maybe she should have asked Frixio the important stuff. Like maybe the name of his brother, why he left on the quest, and what the quest actually was! How could she know what that could mean…… She looked over to Fee who fluttered to her.

“I—uh—you know what I didn’t really get all the information.“ She came to the sudden realization that maybe it was pure providence that Eochaidh called her when he had. Or else she’d be wandering in who knows which direction.

She opened her ButterflyCh and spoke into the open feed. Maybe one of the secretaries would know? ”Umm—excuse me? I’m looking for a receptionist for the Adventurer’s Guild?”

A young male’s voice jumped right into the Channel. “This is Arch from the Adventurer’s Guild located in Sky Harbor. How can I direct your call?”

She gave a quick sigh of relief at how quick they had answered. She may look like a novice but she was certain to do the best she could. “I was wondering if you might be able to tell me which quest a certain individual had picked up? I wanted to check in on them and help them out.”

There was a brief pause before an answer came back. “Do you have a name for this adventurer in question?”

“I know he is related to Frixio. It’s his older brother. Frixio didn’t tell me his name unfortunately.”

Another brief moment passed.

“Ah, you mean Lem Trafford? Let me take a look.” Arch began looking up something—but from what Tristan could tell it was a long silent pause. “It appears he picked up the Quest: The Old Bridge Fell Down. I’ve sent you the quest information to your butterfly from our open link. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

The old bridge fell down...
  • Sponsor:

Teagen, a villager
  • Drakhull Falls
  • Prerequisites: n/a
  • Speak to villagers about their transportation woes.
  • Find an economical and sustainable solution.
Some parts of these islands used to be connected with bridges.
However, many of them collapsed during the earthquake.
Many villagers are stranded on one side or the other...
We need a long term solution!

Tristan’s screen blipped, as the quest appeared before her eyes. She stared at the information before slowly shaking her head.

“No—no, that should be all. Thank you Arch. I appreciate the assistance.”

The ButterflyCh ended abruptly. And she turned back to Eochaidh. “According to the receptionist, Lem took on the quest: The Old Bridge Fell Down. It’s location mentioned somewhere in the Drakhull Falls…”

OC | Tristan Fletcher
Word Count | An inevitable answer of I didn’t count…

**edit, OOC - I really want cheese. I edited the quest above with a person objective and place. Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Manifest Destiny! Mwahaha!
I am Duke Grogar! The esteemed father of Sir Gawrgaru and a powerful noble of the Archipelago.
A Great Lake has been discovered in the Lower World, and it's all juicy and ripe for the picking!
Under my authority, I declare Manifest Destiny! We shall plant a flag and claim it for Her Highness the Queen!
...If you encounter any resistance... Well, you'll just have to kill it! This Great Lake shall henceforth be ours forever!!!!
These quests are funded with my personal fortune with a minimum reward of 10 GP for successful completion of each quest.

+ + +​

Planting a flag!
  • Sponsor: Duke Grogar
  • Prerequisites: N/A
  • Plant a flag in the Great Lake Region.
  • Claim this territory for the Queen!
Yes! Do it! You know you want to! Join us on our expedition!
This land shall be ours! It doesn't matter who owned it before.
As long as it becomes ours, I don't care how you accomplish it.

+ + +
Constructing an Outpost
  • Transport some pioneers to West Landing
  • Help construct a village/outpost/fort
  • Complete at least one building
For military reasons, we shall construct an outpost in West Landing.
It's time to build a village from scratch!
New pioneers are encouraged to settle in our new town.
Note: Pioneers will be paid 50 GP for agreeing to resettle in West Landing.

+ + +
Searching for Gold
  • Search for anything valuable
Treasure! Go and look for some! I command you!
You will be provided with any tools, manpower, or machinery that you need.
Note: Duke Grogar will receive a 50% cut of all treasure identified/obtained.

+ + +
Goblin Extermination Project
  • Defeat 20 goblins
  • Bring back proof of subjugation
Goblins are bad! They're unsightly and I don't like them.
Kill them and you shall be rewarded!

+ + +​
*BAAAANNNNGGG* The table breaks when the Professor punches it in rage.
"What do you mean you can't take back this quest, Can't blithering fools see the mistake your making. We're practically declaring war on an unknown kingdom while we haven't figured out what the F**k is even going on down there" Shouts the Professor in rage.

"I'm sorry sir but the guild has directly received the request from the duke, we can't just take it back" replies a terrified receptionist.

"Bring me that excuse of a guildmaster you have, I'LL drag him and that other spoiled brat straight to her majesty" says Prof. Yew in rage as he storms out the guild with a face that could scar 10 year-olds for life.

"I'm truly sorry about the Professors behavior, he just riled up due to the possibility of war. He doesn't seem to have good experiences with it. Are you sure there is nothing you can do about the quest?" I say, trying to calm down the frightened receptionist.

"I can't", replied the receptionist, taking deep breaths "We'd need a petition from a bunch of nobles or a direct order from Her Majesty herself to overturn this quest"

"I see, very well then, the professor is already probably running off to complain to The Queen. Anyways I apologize for the desk, I'll try to arrange for a replacement" I say, bidding farewell to the receptionist.

Way

Tristan smiled over to him, she had just gathered what little of the pruned Heckleberries were found into a small woven basket. These berries would help alleviate digestion and help release stubborn bowel movements. While Fee her butterfly‘s screen gave her the name and description—she knew it a another name back home. But she figured that mattered not given the new world scenario.

“Fairly new to the whole system myself…” She nodded. “We didn’t have butterflies back home so it’s all kind of new. My sister would be ecstatic if she could have one though.” The thought of her sister brought her away a moment.

[OOC—I’m gonna say she would say this before her adventurer spiel and her poetic quote/jumping into the whole: I’m looking for Frixio’s brother spiel.]
Eochaidh nodded, noting Tristan's mention of her family. "Worry not, these butterflies weren't introduced that long ago either- just shy of 20 years ago. While they have done a lot for the development of the guild in the short time they've existed, though some of the older adventurers still haven't gotten used to them."

Indeed, since the introduction of butterflies, the Adventurer's Guild had skyrocketed in sheer institutional strength. It was to be expected since one had to be an abject fool to dismiss what such a common, yet powerful communication tool meant. Adventurers could potentially be the best informants in the land...and that they were.

There were of course protests from various groups of varying relevance behind the reasoning of providing the Guild such a ubiquitous tool. Sure, other major institutions have similar means of communications, but none of those networks could compare to the extent of the Guild's ButterflyCh in sheer proliferation, which was a sign of obvious favouritism from the Queen, since while these tools usually had a sizable cost, the Guild could provide them to basically any 'true' adventurer, under the vague criteria needed to manifest a butterfly- though Eochaidh would admit that it did prevent a good number of insincere people from hijacking the usage of the ButterflyCh network for their own means.

Still, aside from frequent complaints and general jealousy, no one dared to push for any real action, since it was obvious that the Guild was now part of the Queen's personal power base with such a generous gift. And indeed, the people that opposed her were few and far between. More of them might have existed in the past, but who knows where they all went?

In fact, now that he thought about it...

Bah, he was getting carried away. He could speculate on potential shadowy conspiracies at a later date.
She laughed when his gaze returned from what seemed to her might have been a distant memory, and nodded. “You’ll have to tell me some of your stories! I would love to sit down when there’s more time and less chaos going around…
[OOC: Assuming this is before the bombshell Tristan dropped]
Eochaidh nodded, a mix of fondness and forlornness in his eyes as they went deep into the distance for a brief moment. Perhaps they even went back in time, picturing sights that no longer were.
"Sure, sure. It's been a while since I've told some."
The ButterflyCh ended abruptly. And she turned back to Eochaidh. “According to the receptionist, Lem took on the quest: The Old Bridge Fell Down. It’s location mentioned somewhere in the Drakhull Falls…”
Despite the situation, Eochaidh struggled to stifle his smile, trying to hide it by pretending to be looking for something in the rubble...though he did a poor job hiding it since from Tristan's angle she could still see the edges of his mouth curl upwards. Eventually, he was unable to suppress a quick bark of laughter.

"Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, are we?" Eochaidh chuckled, his smile returning in full force. "No worries, eagerness gets the best of us sometimes."

He let his smile hang a bit more, letting it die down a bit, though his worries had clearly dwindled as well after that brief episode of silliness.

"Well, Drakhull Falls...it's a bit of a leery place. Has heavily forested woods with a forboding atmosphere as intimidating as the island's name, due to how shadowy the deep parts of the forest are, even at noon, due to all of the foliage."

He frowned a bit, as he seemed to recall something.

"Well, the island is named after the story of a shipbuilder. Airships, of course. While the details and veracity of that story are debated, there are a number of feral trolls lingering in those woods, said to be descendants of the figure opposing Drakhull the Shipbuilder, Gormal the Deep-Blue Eyed. Gormal went mad, the story goes..."

Eochaidh caught himself, slapping his forehead as he blinked his eyes repeatedly.

"Sorry, getting ahead of myself. It's a long story with many permutations and variations, and while it's one I would be happy to tell at some point, I doubt that it is relevant to finding Lem, nor would I do the story justice with my brief, on-the-spot retellings. Tangent aside, anything you would specifically like to know about? I could continue talking about the island in general, but it's better to narrow down on the details."

OC | Eochaidh O'Byrnei
Word Count | TBA

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
*BAAAANNNNGGG* The table breaks when the Professor punches it in rage.
"What do you mean you can't take back this quest, Can't blithering fools see the mistake your making. We're practically declaring war on an unknown kingdom while we haven't figured out what the F**k is even going on down there" Shouts the Professor in rage.

"I'm sorry sir but the guild has directly received the request from the duke, we can't just take it back" replies a terrified receptionist.

"Bring me that excuse of a guildmaster you have, I'LL drag him and that other spoiled brat straight to her majesty" says Prof. Yew in rage as he storms out the guild with a face that could scar 10 year-olds for life.

"I'm truly sorry about the Professors behavior, he just riled up due to the possibility of war. He doesn't seem to have good experiences with it. Are you sure there is nothing you can do about the quest?" I say, trying to calm down the frightened receptionist.

"I can't", replied the receptionist, taking deep breaths "We'd need a petition from a bunch of nobles or a direct order from Her Majesty herself to overturn this quest"

"I see, very well then, the professor is already probably running off to complain to The Queen. Anyways I apologize for the desk, I'll try to arrange for a replacement" I say, bidding farewell to the receptionist.
The day couldn't start any worse for Kafka, as she silently made her way to Master Koh office, only to find it emptied, and the window opened, the curtain dancing with the wind. "Damn it....He got out again!" She slammed her fist down onto his desk, and left a very heavily worded note for the useless cat.

Returning to her desk, she began going over stacks of Quest Applications Under Review, most of which came from the House of Grogar, one of the most powerful Ducal households, as well as the most famous, or infamous to be more exact. "Request for an expeditionary force into West Landing, request for additional guard for an embassy convoy to the Kingdom of Numancy, and request for a search for the mysterious creature that stole and destroyed his son ship....." There was simply too much, and no way she can sort through all of that today.

"Tea?" A young orcish man asked, as he handed her a hot cup of drink, and took a seat at his assigned desk. "Is it Duke Grogar again, Kaf?"

"Ah, thanks...." She gracefully accepted, "It is him. What gave it away?"

"I dunno, the frown maybe?" He shrugged, "Did you hear about the uproar just now?"

"About Professor Yew wanting to meet with Master Koh? Yeah, I have." She threw her hand up in the air. "That lazy cat took another morning stroll again....Damn it, I can't ever find him when we need him."

"Do you think he could withdraw those quests? Master Koh, I mean." The orc asked, as he began to sort through a mountain of Quest Report.

"I doubt it, at least without a good reason to, and there were never one. The Guild is just a middleman, and we have already taken a deposit for those quests, not to mention that it was directly sponsored by the Duke himself" Kafka took a sip of the hot tea, and returned to her work. "At least, the High Council of Her Majesty, or Her Majesty the Queen Herself has to oppose the expeditions, and given us a direct decree if we want to cancel them. And last I heard from my father, there was a fierce debate whether the expedition was a good move or not."

"Huh? How so?" The man asked.

"Well, The Archipelago is in a dire need of a new food source, as well as timbers for repair, and the Lake, as far as we know it, has no claim or any sign of ownership. Taking the lake would let us harvest the much needed resources and relieve the burden of the local timber yards and farmers. On the other hand, due to the close proximity of the Villanueva County of Numancy Kingdom, it may be owned by them, and we could risk turning our current friendly contact with the native of Terra Nova into a hostile one." Kafka explained in one breath, as she wrote another evaluation.

"Woah....That is certainly a predicament, isn't it?" The man said, as he stared at Kafka with an amazed expression. "But how did you know all of this? The inner court politics I mean."

"Huh? Oh, my old man works as the Queen's Inspector.....Not very high, but he does certainly know about the power struggle that is currently raging on. The Duke's faction is in favor of colonizing the Lower World, while the Moderated Faction lean toward a slower, more diplomatic approaches."

"This could turn very messy." The orc commented. "I hope this won't lead to an all out war anything soon."

NPC | Kafka Leonar the Receptionist
Setting | Guild's Headquarter, Sky Harbor, Sky Archipelago
Count | 574

Last edited: