Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
When it is like that, I use a character name generator.
Maybe I shouldn't be too picky....I keeps going down the list thinking 'Eh, not quite.....This one doesn't give of the right vibe.....Im totally gonna misspell this all the time!' or sumthing like that. Argh! the naming curse!

Reactions: Way

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Does anyone also having trouble naming your characters????
I struggle sometimes with it, but in general I resort to just giving characters Dutch names (or digging into my conlanging compendium for foreign names)
I'm putting zero effort into that. My character's name is John Smith. All the side characters will have their names starting with the letter a.
:blob_aww:

Way

@Tessa_Renalds
Replied! That got long really quick. RPing really is effective in stimulating the muse, considering I finished this with a few times the enthusiasm and speed than with my solo chapters...

Also, I hope Eochaidh isn't too overwhelming large ham in terms of character. :sweating_profusely: I might have gotten too enthusiastic and injected him with more bombast than I had initially intended. Ah well, it's technically still within the boundaries of the character I set for him, and it most certainly is sincere.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
@Tessa_Renalds
Replied! That got long really quick. RPing really is effective in stimulating the muse, considering I finished this with a few times the enthusiasm and speed than with my solo chapters...

Also, I hope Eochaidh isn't too overwhelming large ham in terms of character. :sweating_profusely: I might have gotten too enthusiastic and injected him with more bombast than I had initially intended. Ah well, it's technically still within the boundaries of the character I set for him, and it most certainly is sincere.
I’m kinda stuck today, not by your post but I don’t have time to construct a post tonight. Ooof. I’ve been slammed by some more overtime. I’ll see if I have some time tonight afterwards, but I will respond. I don’t want to half it. Lol

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Then i'm happy to help! Even though i can't help you about travelling and exploration yet, but maybe i could help you in some quest. Keep in mind that i can't fly like birdie over there, but i could also teach you a thing or two about survival or wilderness.
View attachment 8131

Name: Fyr Mypp
Race: Attractive Human.... I must say
Appearance: Let's see, i have yellow hair and a pair of eyes that matches with my hair color. I'm taller than average (you don't need to know my height) and i have a very good looking face if i say so myself, even though other people told me i have a punchable face, but hey.... They're just jealous.
Personality: The majority that i met told me i'm irritating and sly but i like to call myself being misunderstood and smart. My passion is money. My hobby is making money and gambling. I dislikes losing money. Oh..... and i like to see l̶o̶l̶i̶ children smiles since they reminds me of my childhood.
Backstory: Don't worry i don't have any criminal records, but if you want to take a guess, it's either your typical heroes backstory or i'm just an adventurer from anonymous world that found a REALLY good place to make money.
Click on your name on the top right corner of the screen, click on Signature.

Copy paste the following to it:

Code:
[SPOILER="Adventurer's Card: Fyr Mypp"]
[IMG]https://forum.scribblehub.com/attachments/images-1-jpeg.8131/[/IMG]

[B]Name:[/B] Fyr Mypp
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Race:[/B] Attractive Human.... I must say
[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Appearance:[/B] Let's see, i have yellow hair and a pair of eyes that matches with my hair color. I'm taller than average (you don't need to know my height) and i have a very good looking face if i say so myself, even though other people told me i have a punchable face, but hey.... They're just jealous.
[B]Personality:[/B] The majority that i met told me i'm irritating and sly but i like to call myself being misunderstood and smart. My passion is money. My hobby is making money and gambling. I dislikes losing money. Oh..... and i like to see l̶o̶l̶i̶ children smiles since they reminds me of my childhood.
[B]Backstory:[/B] Don't worry i don't have any criminal records, but if you want to take a guess, it's either your typical heroes backstory or i'm just an adventurer from anonymous world that found a REALLY good place to make money.
[/SPOILER]

This should solve your issue and stop you from needing to repost your card as you interact with people.

Gacha_addict

Click on your name on the top right corner of the screen, click on Signature.

Copy paste the following to it:

Code:
[SPOILER="Adventurer's Card: Fyr Mypp"]
[IMG]https://forum.scribblehub.com/attachments/images-1-jpeg.8131/[/IMG]

[B]Name:[/B] Fyr Mypp
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Race:[/B] Attractive Human.... I must say
[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Appearance:[/B] Let's see, i have yellow hair and a pair of eyes that matches with my hair color. I'm taller than average (you don't need to know my height) and i have a very good looking face if i say so myself, even though other people told me i have a punchable face, but hey.... They're just jealous.
[B]Personality:[/B] The majority that i met told me i'm irritating and sly but i like to call myself being misunderstood and smart. My passion is money. My hobby is making money and gambling. I dislikes losing money. Oh..... and i like to see l̶o̶l̶i̶ children smiles since they reminds me of my childhood.
[B]Backstory:[/B] Don't worry i don't have any criminal records, but if you want to take a guess, it's either your typical heroes backstory or i'm just an adventurer from anonymous world that found a REALLY good place to make money.
[/SPOILER]

This should solve your issue and stop you from needing to repost your card as you interact with people.
alright thx

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
@ohko Can I add npcs to the library directly or do they need to be present in a report or something first?

I have had a decent chunk of half-ideas for my char and it would be a waste to not use the remaining ideas for npcs.

Also someone help me with char ideas ;-;

Bochi

@ohko Can I add npcs to the library directly or do they need to be present in a report or something first?

I have had a decent chunk of half-ideas for my char and it would be a waste to not use the remaining ideas for npcs.

When in doubt, go for the 800-year old dragon.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I'm finally free from exams! Time to do nothing but lurk in NUF and SH all day :blobtaco::blobtaco:
Gz~

The 800 years old lolidragon~

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

They should generally be written somewhere (either quest reports or in the body of your SH story) before they get added to the Library. Everything in the Library should have a source from someplace else (and shouldn’t be made up on the fly).

The other comment about NPCs is that you should mainly add them to the library if you foresee that other players will use them. You don’t need to make a library entry for every character in your story.

Imagine the Library is like Wikipedia. Ordinary people most likely won’t have Wikipedia pages, but famous people and celebrities might have articles written about them.

fyrre

The other comment about NPCs is that you should mainly add them to the library if you foresee that other players will use them. You don’t need to make a library entry for every character in your story.

Imagine the Library is like Wikipedia. Ordinary people most likely won’t have Wikipedia pages, but famous people and celebrities might have articles written about them.
Yeah! Like for example, if an NPC is a receptionist in one of the guild branches on an island they could be used for interaction or to push a player's story forward. I hope that made sense hahah!

Adding a page for every NPC mentioned within a player's story would be tiring and would clutter the library.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>

Gz~

The 800 years old lolidragon~

I mean I already am a Dragon >.<
Thing is I am going for writing a char based on an image approach. And I have found 5~6 images that I would love to make into a char :blob_sweat:. I guess I will figure it out in a day or so