Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
It is also my first time participating, is there a limit to what magic can do? (I know that the actual limit is something that would break the setting.)
Magic is a mysterious! It can do many things and there are many different ways to do it!

Magic often manifests in people in different ways. There are many methods to utilize magic. Some of them might have strictly defined limitations, and others might not. Stronger people often have better magic. Magic often has a price.

You can make up your own magic system that works for your character. Other characters might have similar or different systems. There isn't a strict limit, but using common sense is a good idea. If everyone could spawn free gold out of thin air at no cost, it might be a problem. If your character has this rare ability that allows them to do it, it could be acceptable.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Magic is a mysterious! It can do many things and there are many different ways to do it!

Magic often manifests in people in different ways. There are many methods to utilize magic. Some of them might have strictly defined limitations, and others might not. Stronger people often have better magic. Magic often has a price.

You can make up your own magic system that works for your character. Other characters might have similar or different systems. There isn't a strict limit, but using common sense is a good idea. If everyone could spawn free gold out of thin air at no cost, it might be a problem. If your character has this rare ability that allows them to do it, it could be acceptable.
Oh! That makes sense! Thank you!

I'm planning on releasing the first chapter of a novel related to this setting today, hopefully. :blob_nom:

Vanus

Hmm Imperial Guardsmen, Silver-Steel Paladin or Silver-Steel Magistocrat. Tough choices, Tough choices

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Quick question. What language do the people of the new world speak? Do they speak Common?

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Up to you to determine! There could be multiple languages, and some of them might be speak Common~ It's honestly for you to decide as you explore!
I see... So I have free reign on that. Thank you! :blob_aww:

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I need to write a prelude~first chapter myself. I’ll post when I get something up on the main site.
I’ll probably title it: An AGSA Journey. Now to determine if I should write in first person or keep it third person omniscient.

fyrre

Are there preset locations? Like original locations on the islands? Or do we have to discover or make locations ourselves?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Are there preset locations? Like original locations on the islands? Or do we have to discover or make locations ourselves?
You can generally make locations yourself or reuse an existing location. The only preset location mentioned on the Registration Page is Sky Harbor, which is the largest island.

There are a lot of islands, so if you feel like you need to make another island for some purpose, by all means go ahead!

fyrre

You can generally make locations yourself or reuse an existing location. The only preset location mentioned on the Registration Page is Sky Harbor, which is the largest island.

There are a lot of islands, so if you feel like you need to make another island for some purpose, by all means go ahead!
Alright, thank you!

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
I need to write a prelude~first chapter myself. I’ll post when I get something up on the main site.
I’ll probably title it: An AGSA Journey. Now to determine if I should write in first person or keep it third person omniscient.
I find it harder to write in first person, but I feel like it'd lose the roleplay-ish flavour if you get rid of the first person point of view.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM

Created my story on the main site. I have a first chapter up, and I’ll probably work on a second chapter for one of the quests. Thank you!
I find it harder to write in first person, but I feel like it'd lose the roleplay-ish flavour if you get rid of the first person point of view.
Yeah, after some debate I decided to go the third person route. 1st person definitely makes the role play more flavorful. It’s just a tense I don’t use often.

AG_Newsletter

Click here to visit the Guild Library
Anyone can edit the existing pages, but you will need to create a notion account (free).
Please tag @ohko in the OOC room if you would like another page added.
+ + +​

Reserved for monthly / yearly summaries.
I added a Guild Library. This is for keeping track of information especially when the world balloons bigger.

This is kind of like a wiki that anyone can edit. You will need to create a notion account (free) to edit any of the existing pages.

Unfortunately, it seems like guests can't add new pages, so you'll have to tag @ohko whenever you want a new page added to the library.

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Anyone else thinking of tackling the Repairing the Damage quest? I have a drafted chapter, but I didn’t know if there might be others who might wish to do this as well. I picked a small street off the main thoroughfare, involving a clothing shop and two trapped people. Not sure if anyone else wanted to join the fun. :)

Generik0

Umm... Do all types of machines break down under the presence of magic. I know electricity is inferior in this world yet I can't help but think that steam/diesel-powered machines would be immune to this rule.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Anyone else thinking of tackling the Repairing the Damage quest? I have a drafted chapter, but I didn’t know if there might be others who might wish to do this as well. I picked a small street off the main thoroughfare, involving a clothing shop and two trapped people. Not sure if anyone else wanted to join the fun. :)
I'm planning to do the quest: "So what news do you have for me?" and then "I didn't get lost, I swear!" So don't worry. I'm very keen to see what you do about that quest. :blob_aww:

luxia

I think some of the quests are repeatable and can be done by multiple people! Unless you wanted someone to join in with you!

I'm planning to do the quest: "So what news do you have for me?" and then "I didn't get lost, I swear!" So don't worry. I'm very keen to see what you do about that quest. :blob_aww:
I also started on the news quest too!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with! :blob_happy:

Umm... Do all types of machines break down under the presence of magic. I know electricity is inferior in this world yet I can't help but think that steam/diesel-powered machines would be immune to this rule.
I dunno! Maybe some types of machines are more vulnerable to breaking than others? Maybe some kinds of machines will just randomly fail? (like not 100% of the time, but exposure to magic increases the probability it will randomly fail? Kind of computers glitching and randomly giving blue screens? Lubrication wears out faster and parts get stuck and need to be repaired a lot more often?). Just tossing ideas!