Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Man, Eochaidh is really regretting this whole excursion...

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
@Reborn_Cat can you stop making my character seem incompetent?
It has already been shown previously that ice is very effective against the plant monsters, so why are you suddenly making it so they are both immune and become berserk from it?
Plant monsters in many games are weak to ice, as well as fire.

The actions Anya made were efficient and cost the least amount of effort in the long-term. She had grouped those who couldn't fight into one place and ensured they wouldn't split up and make things difficult to keep them all safe. She had also used an element that is effective at slowing plants.

Your character just straight up destroyed the 1m thick ice walls she'd spent a few minutes constructing with a one second spell?
Ice walls she was still in control of?

Tbh, at this rate, Anya's had enough and doesn't see the point in staying. Her words and actions are degraded to the point of being negligible and she's insulted for making sound decisions. Add on the fact she has no actual obligation to protect anyone there, as well as her culture of the strongest surviving, she sees no point in protecting the weak and cowardly.

As the player, my motivation's dropped.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
PS: Sorry Alice for using Pierre again. Ping me if I got anything wrong (I won't invoke your name in this post because again dead RP and I don't wanna bother ya too much.
Eh? Pierre was an NPC, so it's not like I feel bad for you using him.

Rather, NPCs are meant to be used by other people IMO... So I'm glad you're using him! ^^)/

... That said, I'm afraid I didn't read any of those recent post of yours, so I dunno how you used him. I hope you're having fun though~

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
@Reborn_Cat can you stop making my character seem incompetent?
It has already been shown previously that ice is very effective against the plant monsters, so why are you suddenly making it so they are both immune and become berserk from it?
Plant monsters in many games are weak to ice, as well as fire.

The actions Anya made were efficient and cost the least amount of effort in the long-term. She had grouped those who couldn't fight into one place and ensured they wouldn't split up and make things difficult to keep them all safe. She had also used an element that is effective at slowing plants.

Your character just straight up destroyed the 1m thick ice walls she'd spent a few minutes constructing with a one second spell?
Ice walls she was still in control of?

Tbh, at this rate, Anya's had enough and doesn't see the point in staying. Her words and actions are degraded to the point of being negligible and she's insulted for making sound decisions. Add on the fact she has no actual obligation to protect anyone there, as well as her culture of the strongest surviving, she sees no point in protecting the weak and cowardly.

As the player, my motivation's dropped.
I didn't mean to, but I did want to try to make her realize that trapping them in one place would be a bad idea as it leaves them vulnerable, also Yew believes that weakness isn't something to be ashamed of and gets quite triggered if people consider non-combatants weak, also Yew was casting, I didn't mean for the spell to immediately melt the walls as I was trying to give Yew a few minutes to cast the spell I changed it so that fact is more clear., can we try it again. Also plants IRL don't burn easily unless they are dried, and they are plant monsters, not plants so they are expected to do better than plants in surviving the cold.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

I didn't mean to, but I did want to try to make her realize that trapping them in one place would be a bad idea as it leaves them vulnerable, also Yew believes that weakness isn't something to be ashamed of and gets quite triggered if people consider non-combatants weak, also Yew was casting, I didn't mean for the spell to immediately melt the walls as I was trying to give Yew a few minutes to cast the spell, can we try it again. Also plants IRL don't burn easily unless they are dried, and they are plant monsters, not plants so they are expected to do better than plants in surviving the cold.
What's the thing that most armies seem to do when dealing with civilians in a war zone?
They move them all to one place that's secure and safe.

Even if they're sentient plants - which is what a plant monster basically is - they would still be affected. They certainly wouldn't go berserk.
As for the plants needing to be dried out...the entire island is full of dead trees. Would the plant monsters be so juicy?

As it stands, Anya and Yew don't mesh well. So Anya will ignore him since their cultural views are so different.

Reborn_Cat

What's the thing that most armies seem to do when dealing with civilians in a war zone?
They move them all to one place that's secure and safe.

Even if they're sentient plants - which is what a plant monster basically is - they would still be affected. They certainly wouldn't go berserk.
As for the plants needing to be dried out...the entire island is full of dead trees. Would the plant monsters be so juicy?

As it stands, Anya and Yew don't mesh well. So Anya will ignore him since their cultural views are so different.
Middle of the battle field isn't a place considered secure, even if it's in a ice fortress, it only adds another thing to focus on, retreating and guarding is the best option, both of which are difficult when the people are trapped in an ice prison. Also cimons hollow is dead, not cimons watch, plant monster need to be juicy(have blood) in order to function. especially the ones ohko showed. Also a sentient being would be pissed if someone gave them frost bite, they are effected and hurt, and it pisses them off more.

Way

:blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad:

Poor Eochy, all the players pilling up on his nerves!
Let me see...
-Team full of babee
-The cultists have a WMD in the form of a fuck-that sized beam cannon that you only discovered minutes ago through its practical usage against your allies.
-oh yeah, your friends might be dead due to beam cannon, and at the very least a lot of people died for nothing
-Approaching welcoming commitee from said cultists with giant beam cannon
-Important member of your team just broke down, becoming a liability and in real life would be sent back for a few days, but you tried to do the patton because you desperately need her support ASAP. It didn't work.
- It doesn't help that the reason she broke down is because that your friend really might be dead and you are trying not to think about that very real possibility
-shifty, self-confessed demon voice is lingering around you and is all but guaranteed to do something down the line.

For Eochaidh this really IS the worst day he has had in a long while.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Middle of the battle field isn't a place considered secure, even if it's in a ice fortress, it only adds another thing to focus on, retreating and guarding is the best option, both of which are difficult when the people are trapped in an ice prison. Also cimons hollow is dead, not cimons watch, plant monster need to be juicy(have blood) in order to function. especially the ones ohko showed
It was at the back of the group, though. Not the middle of the field.

Reborn_Cat

It was at the back of the group, though. Not the middle of the field.
No, it was in the middle of camp, which is the battle field, you mentioned they were trying to get run away from the battle. and they got impaled. how did that happen if it was at the back

Nahrenne

No, it was in the middle of camp, which is the battle field, you mentioned they were trying to get run away from the battle. and they got impaled. how did that happen if it was at the back
I mentioned that some of them weren't looking where they were going, thus ended up returning to the battlefield.
=w=

Reborn_Cat

I mentioned that some of them weren't looking where they were going, thus ended up returning to the battlefield.
=w=
They would still look where they were going, the opposite direction of where the thing that scared them is, also my intended battleground was the middle of camp as they gave a surprise attack, so there would be no formation set in place and fighters and non-fighters would be mixed together

Nahrenne

They would still look where they were going, the opposite direction of where the thing that scared them is, also my intended battleground was the middle of camp as they gave a surprise attack, so there would be no formation set in place and fighters and non-fighters would be mixed together
Have you never seen someone so terrified and scared that they don't realise where they're going?
It's shown enough in films.

Nahrenne

The more I think of it the more details I've editted into the list of what Eochaidh has to deal with right now...

I'm really trying to think of a reason to not withdraw because for gods sake, this ain't looking good for the expedition....
Can it really be called an expedition at this point?
Shouldn't it be called a catastrophe and dark mark on the guild's history for quest making?
'-'

X

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Let me see...
-Team full of babee
-The cultists have a WMD in the form of a fuck-that sized beam cannon that you only discovered minutes ago through its practical usage against your allies.
-oh yeah, your friends might be dead due to beam cannon, and at the very least a lot of people died for nothing
-Approaching welcoming commitee from said cultists with giant beam cannon
-Important member of your team just broke down, becoming a liability and in real life would be sent back for a few days, but you tried to do the patton because you desperately need her support ASAP. It didn't work.
- It doesn't help that the reason she broke down is because that your friend really might be dead and you are trying not to think about that very real possibility
-shifty, self-confessed demon voice is lingering around you and is all but guaranteed to do something down the line.

For Eochaidh this really IS the worst day he has had in a long while.
I'm happy none of the preamble moves are included in the reasons...

Reborn_Cat

Have you never seen someone so terrified and scared that they don't realise where they're going?
It's shown enough in films.
Yeah, but they do run atleast what they perceive is in the opposite direction. which isn't that hard to figure out in case of a giant plant monster

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Yup The more I think of it the more details I've editted into the list of what Eochaidh has to deal with right now...

I'm really trying to think of a reason to not withdraw because for gods sake, this ain't looking good for the expedition....
You can try to make him use the flare but it’s a dud.

And then for plot reasons it randomly fires at the worst possible moment several hours later :blob_paint:

Nahrenne

Yeah, but they do run atleast what they perceive is in the opposite direction. which isn't that hard to figure out in case of a giant plant monster
The size of the plant monsters was never given.
Making them giant is basically making them a raid boss, only you've got multiple of them which is a bit ridiculous.

Also, people in a high state of stress and fear can do very stupid things, including running into dangerous things.